Game's that you can't remember

There's this game that's in the back of my mind that I remember. It was sometime during the 90s. The premise was that

Other urls found in this thread:

abandonia.com/en/games/622/Baldies.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5j6JfFNDyLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More info:

Seriously none you guys play this shit?

but that's pacman

So Nintendo ripped off another idea.

Was it Unreal World?

Nah, not this.

It never stops

Which system?

I need some help with this one, i believe it was a point 'n click adventure game for the PC, probably windows 95/98 era. Graphics were colorful and pre rendered 3D i believe, it was set on some dystopian future and the game self described itself on the box as "like 1984" or like "Brave new world", it wasn't a very serious game, more like comedy.

Doshin the giant maybe?

I've been looking for a defender clone for over 20 years. It was probably on the Spectrum ZX, monochrome and more basic than actual Defender at the arcades: no saving mission, you just flied forward and shot things.

But it had a fuel gauge, whose refill tanks forced you to fly in caves below the floor level. It wasn't all set in caves, however. What I remember most, and could never find when I tried emulating a bunch of these clones, was the peculiar high pitched sounds from the weakest enemy ships. Minibosses had a bass-like tone instead, big fat ships.

Scramble or Super Cobra?

Reminds me of this one, but it's too old and text only.

It has to be one of a thousand clones for scramble, or defender.

I can't remember the games I can't remember.

It was on the PC

Nah not this one. The guy looks like Pacman

Do you remember the bits of games you can't remember?

There was a blue one too, they lay eggs. Though it's an item that occupies a spot, something like a furniture from the sims. The eggs then hatch into a full pacmon thing.

The other thing was the first quest where you have to find a way to burn down some trees to get to a giant spider

Can you do a mockup of the HUD or gameplay screen?

I-I can't remember user. I think there's something wrong with me.

Games you can't remember ? I got a couple.
I played it on the NES. I fucking loved this game when i played it ages ago.

For Future reference, it'd be a good idea to tell us what system you played it on.

abandonia.com/en/games/622/Baldies.html
Is it this?

Elevator action?

Elevator Action?

jinx

OH SHIT NIGGERS
PLANET BLUPI TIME

Beneath a Steel Sky

yea thanks.

wait what
is this the sequel to the platformer?

OH SHIT NIGGER THIS IS IT FUUUCK

What the fuck are those eggberts doing

Not that one, it was more cartoony.

It has an improved sequel on the Saturn and PS3 psn Check it out if you liked the original.

YOU FUCKING BET IT IS

MY FELLOW OF GOOD TASTE

THRIVING UND SURVIVING

Here's to you. I knew I can count on you guys.

castle story monica checkt n/m i see u got yo answer fam

o shit monica shit sound prescient fam

i remember this arcade beat em up w/ da marvel niggas that was semi-similar to one of da genesis one's i played comin up nycka but dis one u could b lyk 6 different niggas instead of just vision, cap, iron man n hawkeye i think u could b spidey n venom too. played dem shits in orlando monica.

>>>/gaschamber/
>>>/auschwitz/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/suicide/

ebin post

Played it on Super-Nintendo or Sega Mega Drive can't remember.

You're a normal cool guy that is transported to some fantasy-dimension. You got a gun and you have to shoot your way home or something. I think there was a castle aswell involved. Was a 2D shooter, you know like the old arcade-games.

i mean a gif woulda sufficed monica dam

blak thorn

Ok, there are two games I can think of right now and this has been haunting me for a good time now since I haven't played these games isnce I was at most 5.

first one is this CD-Rom game about little monsters and I think it took place in the big city.
I always remember the character singing about something but all I remember is I think something about not being afraid or bugs I really can't remember. I drew the monster as pic related from the little from what I remember.

Second game is some construction site game that was all FMV and it started with some cute girl calling you kiddo.
one cutscene was some I think a wrecking ball destriying a portapotty hat some guy was inside. my memory is extremly hazy and it's been haunting me since I can't find any of those games when I look through my old CD-roms.

Runny-Shooty Point n Tutty?

kys

No problem user.

Just be sure to help another user in his time of need. Just as I did to you.

Took me a few months to find pic related.

Wow, i found it!.

I remember playing a game in arcades back in ~1990, it was a isometric shooting game similar to "Smash T.V." but with bigger characters, the setting was some kind of space base or spaceship infested with aliens, mutants or both, i remember it being quite gory.

Anyone has any clue?.

Something like Alien Syndrome?

It has to be that one.

Okay, this is going to be really obscure. I have very vague memories of a BBC computer's game. I think I remember a cottage or a path, and you're asked "Would you like to go home?" and if you do, the game ends, amazingly enough.

the main character was like prince of persian and it was in 3D and kinda a platfrom. I think he had small superpower.I don't remember who you fought though

There was a coin-op 3d quake clone that I saw in arcades. There were two modes, a campaign mode where you shot nazi-like npcs and a multiplayer deathmatch mode. Forgot what it was called.

Arabian Nights? I remember that Kotti did a speedrun with it.

eh no but it's kinda similar the main guy was a kid and it was more cartoony.

Out of this world?

Nah, i remember that game having better graphics and bigger models.

so you have to fight terrorist too?

Was it 3D? It could be Chaos Heat by Taito.

nope it's a 3D platformer with prince of Persia like main guy who is a kid. the garphics are cartoony and it came after 2002 and before 2007. that's all I remember I am not good with details lol.

I played it on pc

Even though it sounds a lot like a monkey island game i'm pretty sure it isn't. I've checked the ending for The Curse of Monkey Island and and it doesn't match up. could be some sort of spinoff though

Could be, but i remember the dude having short hair and it was more Sci-fi-oriented.

flash black

Found it (I went through a list of Mame ROMs looking at the screenshots, it was a veeeeeeery long list).

It was "Search and Rescue".
youtube.com/watch?v=5j6JfFNDyLU

I remember a Mickey Mouse game for the Genesis that had a black and white Steamboat Willie level, but I can't for the life of me remember which Mickey Mouse game it was in.

Mickey Mania maybe?.

Shit, I've played the demo of that game. Now I want to know what it's called too.

You sure it wasn't just the first 3D Prince of Persia? It looked kina cartoony.

I have two games actually
It was on a PSM demo disk of weird games for PS1

one was a game where you flew as a pologynal fighter jet shooting what seemed to be stained glass cities and blowing everything up into shards, while defending your own city from the opposing fighters

The second was a bogstandard RPG with generic classical music playing loudly all the time, incredibly difficult to progress since every time you made gold it got robbed or extorted by guards and you had to slum outside the walls
but outside the walls a dragon was there which instakilled you and threw you back to the main menu
you played what looked like a an incredibly ugly simplistic kid in red shirt, shorts and blue shoes witha sword

I really wanna know what the fuck these are since I lost my old PSM demo disks ages ago

alright heres one I used to play the time when I was little but can't remember the name.

the main character looked like a gnome with a little wizard hat. you moved around on an over world and entered randomly generated areas filled with enemies if you touched one while in the over world. your main weapon was a staff that shoots white orbs, however you need to pick up at least one in the randomly generated area to even use it. there was also a magic and mana system where you had to find tomes to learn spells. early in the game you mainly fought spiders with the first boss being a massive female spider on a bridge.

Its definitely Mickey Mania, just beat it a couple days ago

Wreckers?

Here is mine
Arcade racer, from mid 90's to early 00's
You raced as pickups, jeeps, 4X4 veichles in general
The track was a straight with two hairpins at the ends, one side was the one you entered, the other had a ramp at the end
See embed

Speed Demons maybe?.

Nope, forgot to mention it was 3D

It might be Pod from Ubisoft, the drawing matches Pod's first track and its 3D altough the cars are futuristic not pickups or jeeps.

I remember playing this weird PC game as a kid, you started off in a space bar, and you flew around a space ship, talking to aliens, trading shit, the game was animated like those all point and click adventure games from the late 80's early 90's.

but essentially you ran into people, traded shit, attacked them, went from space port to space port.

The only thing I remember in detail was the first place you started was a space bar, and the CD was sort of yellow-ish and had a picture of the ship on it.

It was a fun game and I wish I could play it again, I was only like 7 or 8 went I played it.

For the second one, I think you're thinking of "Adventure Game", which was a Net Yaroze game that came with the PS demo disks.

I remember being at my mom's boyfriend's house and playing vidya with his son. He had some game where you raise dragons to fight, but the dragons age like a year every day or something strange like that. Looked neat.

An arcade game.
The characters were two guys and one wore a cowboy hat.
They might have been brothers and the villain was an evil scientist.
One powerup was a yoyo and the villain would use cartoon looking bombs right down to the skill and crossbones.

Thanks doc.

Was it only dragons or monsters in general?
It sounds kind of like Monster Rancher

I think it was only dragons but I'm not sure, either way the kid only used dragons

Was it ARMADA?

Sounds like Parsec for the TI-99/4A.

There was a freeware game where you drive a car down a highway. I thought it was called "night driving" but I couldn't find anything by that name, maybe it had a similar name. It probably came out around 10 years ago. It had a top down perspective. You could take exits off the highway to get gas or drive around the city, but that was all just menus. There weren't many other cars but you would still have to switch lanes to go past people and occasionally a car would spin out and swerve in front of you and if you were going too fast it could be unavoidable. Your goal was to get home I think, or at least that was one of the endings. I think there were supposed to be multiple endings but that was the only one I got.

This game is an old classic, but I forgot it's name.
You start out as a prisoner captured with some other prisoners, then you get lead to an execution. I forgot what happens next but I remember it being an RPG.

skyrim

Did the second game involve attempting to stop a roadroller (and funny things happening to things in the road when it doesn't get stopped)?
I might be thinking of the same game, don't remember the name.

Are you misremebering Heart of Darkness?

SHIIT I remember having a cd full of pc shareware, I remember this was one of my favorites!

I don't remember but most likely.

An old pc game that was basically a sci-fi Diablo clone.

It was mission based, and you choose your mission and your loadout from your locker on your ship.

I think you could swap between real time and turn based. You also had a motion detector and could pilot mech suits.

help

Cybermercs

There was this , dreamcast game that i used to play with my brother it was coop and it had a lot of characters to pick one of them was a samurai and the other was like and army pilot or some shit , in the final scene you would escape in a plane thats all i recall.

Das it maine. Been trying to find that one for years. I remember critters falling out of the ceiling and shit too.

Thanks user.

Dynamite Cop maybe?

I remember playing some turn based RPG, might have been a JRPG.

I for the life of me can't remember its name, I just remember the final boss being at the top of a stormy tower.

It was years ago, most likely a PS game.

I think it might have been a collection of games but I remember playing a game on windows 95/98 that was either 3D or prerendered and a clone of crazy climber which was cool.

Also two shareware games, first off there was a fully 3D missile command clone probably released somewhere around the millennial shift and then there was freeform very simple 2D space shooter where you could build your own ship out of different parts and the ships sort of looked like yellow starfishes.

It was an isometric shooting game similar to this guy's memory but it wasn't any of the suggestions.

The game begins with you selecting a character from the back of a van/spaceship, either male or female. Male shoots blue lasers, and female shoots pink lasers. I think the character select menu was a greyscale 2D drawn picture.

It's sci-fi setting, and about alients/mutants.

The game was on the PS1.

Was it coop as well?

probably. I played it alone as a kid.

a game with a ski man that got eaten by yeti

I think I know the game you're talking about. My brother lent it to some ghetto Mexican kid and we never saw it again.

Shame I can't remember the name though, sorry

Is this a ruse? Skifree is very well known.

damn, i was so close!

at least i have have another clue, about it being coop.

I found it. Thanks for the coop suggestion.

I think you've been rused chum

That's it dude.
Good job, now I can remind my brother how much of an idiot he is.

Darn.

bump

Old space shooter, sprites had sort of a basic look. Closest I can say it reminds me of is Star Fox but fairly sure it wasn't 3D. I think it was on a different system and possibly older. Closest I've found that seemed similar was Silpheed on Sega CD but pretty sure the look was more basic and maybe on an older system.

Could still be Silpheed. It had lots of versions on older computers long before the Sega CD version.

Yeah, I saw the old version but I was pretty certain I had played it on a console and not a computer. Going to try it anyway just to see if it jobs my memory.

Old hunting FPS with scenario-type missions. One mission had you entering a bear's cave during the winter. Another had you returning to your cabin only to learn that you're being stalked by a grizzly. There was also a practice map which had several outdoor shooting galleries with various ranges and targets.