G...Guys, Star Citizen is looking really fucking good

A…Are they really about to pull this off? I…I thought it was Scam Citizen but fuck, just look at this thing.

Talk me down from this ledge, user? There's no way Roberts can actually pull this off, r…right?

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The game will be shit. Inb4 some faggot comes here and posts screencaps about 4cuck /vg/ clans for a dead on arrival game.

Scam Shillizen suddenly good, OP pls.

Being a little bit more than nothing of value doesn't make something good, come back when it's actually released and somewhat decent.

NO MAN'S SKY IS GONNA BE GREAT

I HAVEN'T LEARNED MY LESSON FROM THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF OTHER GAMES THAT HAVE RELEASED THROUGH KIKESTARTER

Or any game since 2007

The other big thing I think is really important with Star Citizen, we are absolute a multiplayer game. So you and your friends can adventure around in a huge universe. For me I think that's really important, especially when you try to have a big detailed world otherwise it gets a bit lonely.

#Shotsfired

Too little, too late. I don't give a shit.

…shit.

Or you can both just fuck off, if you don't want to contribute anything of value to the thread. I'm not saying the game's going to be a 10/10 gotyay, but you can't deny this fucking gameplay footage looks amazing.

please OP, you're too obvious

Have you actually watched the trailers? Even with cut-aways every other frame, there is massive stuttering literally everywhere, more broken animations than fluid ones, et cetera.

Sure, it has some technically nifty bits, but 110+ million should buy you a hell of a lot more than "you coded something sort of neat". And the godawful mess the current build is kind of speaks to why AAA projects cut stuff like this–if it won't run well even on the super computers they use to demo it, it's not a very sellable product.

I think the fact they brag about "no view distance cap" is a dead giveaway that this project is out of control. View distance culling isn't an evil of poor hardware, it's a net good. Even if you have hardware 10x more powerful than anyone else, you shouldn't desire infinite view range. Spending render cycles on stuff you are not even looking at 99% of the time is straight-up retarded. It's fine to offer it as an option, but most users are going to prefer a compromise between slightly longer render distance for a sense of scale, and reasonable culling so closer assets can look as good as they can without tanking FPS.

But the feeling I get from SC is that they will never, ever care about performance. They think they can jack off the PCMR memers with "you just need better hardware bro, isn't it cool how we didn't pull any punches?" but they don't realize something essential: at the end of the day, even people with crazy hardware want optimization and good framerates. This game will be fucking eviscerated at release.

Optimization does happen later on, but these are not minor issues we're looking at. A game is in really poor fucking shape when you can't record 1 or 2 second clips without constant stuttering, especially considering they always record this stuff on absolutely stacked setups.

Draw distance and occlusion culling are not the same thing user.

I don't think you get itlittle buddy.
We don't want SC to fail.
We call the shit that they've done, point at all the retarded decisions and laugh at the megautism buying the .jpgs sure; but if a good game comes out of that fucking clusterfuck I'll be glad it did.
Can't have enough good space-sims.
Having said all that, I'll be holding my breath until it releases. No money for the space-jew.

Not the same thing, but they are similar concepts. The question is, what do they mean by this? Are they just bragging about basic LOD practices? I'd guess not, else why would they be bragging about it. If they're literally rendering at full detail everything in the distance that isn't occluded, that's so bad.

Honestly, I miss games letting you set draw distance commonly. It's a nice way to pump performance if you don't mind seeing less stuff in the distance. Maybe this will all be 100% customizable, but my main point was that the PR for this game is so godawful.

When I watch a pre-release trailer for a game with "epic" music, I assume the trailer is intended to make me "hyped" (i.e, excited) for the game. Every Star Citizen trailer that has showed actual gameplay environments has done the opposite: made me more and more convinced every time that this game is much worse than even my skepticism had led me to believe before.

Thank you for a well-reasoned, actually thought out response user.

I'll be honest with you, i've never been a stickler for framerates, mostly because i'm a poorfag who's never owned a rig capable of getting ultra level fps and i'm more of a console player anyway. And yeah, i've been bullshotted enough to know a lot of this is going to be left on the cutting room floor come release day, but damn, man. That vid is enough to make me believe the hype a little.

I'm at least cautiously optimistic now, whereas before i'd almost completely written it off.

It's definitely got both occlusion culling and LOD. LOD can be seen in the segment as they're pulling away from the planet, the detail on the mountains becomes more basic. They've done a reasonable job of masking it, but you can still tell.

Occlusion culling can be seen when he comes down on the speeder. On of the rocks on the very left hand side pops out of existence.

I think their main point with the "infinite draw distance" thing is that when you see a distant planet or star, it's not just a skybox of some sort. I'd wager many distant objects are just sprite billboards wherever possible.

People like OP are probably worse than the delusional babies that invest 10k+ into a scam like this, because they are smart enough to see the endless problems with the project but still too hopeful/naive to be impressed by marketing.

Ah yeah, that's misleading language then. They should have just said "we don't have skyboxes". That would have been more specific, and told people a lot more. I hate when developers try to obfuscate stuff for laymen to understand. I guess it's a part of PR, but it leads to so many ridiculous exaggerations and borderline lies/but-not-really-a-lie due to gaming journalism.

Don't disagree at all user. There's probably tessellation or whatever at work to approximate curvature without insane poly count. I think he was just trying to sell on the realism aspect compared to how badly NMS fucked things up with shit like skybox suns.

There's a clear gap between intension and reality of what they produce. I thought the ramp during the video was a good example. They clearly hadn't thought "what happens if I land on a downward slope?"

Wait for the finished release. Don't be retarded.

Looks pretty fun. How much more work is there to go? Do they have an estimated release date at all?

No idea. This was at Gamescom and they posted it on the 21st. Video says alpha so i'm guessing there's still a fuckton of work to go. Then again that recent Nioh demo said alpha and its obvious that thing is very far along.

You will be when the framerate is in the single digits.

Technically impressive yes.

"really fucking good game" no.
There really isn't a game and at the end of the day all we're actually going to get is Privateer online. Don't pre-order. You're better off pirating the alphas and buying Squadron 42 to get access to the "Universe" feature once the game is out. And even then its probably better to wait for the first depreciation since launch day will have server issues and qeues.

There is literally NO reason to pay for this game at this stage. They have plenty of cash, just be patient. This could still be the Titanic. I suspect once a Publisher gets involved it'll go south VERY quickly.

Carefully there goy. Not running with the heard is capital offense.
Showing optimism? Hope?
How dare you!!!

You have to be cynical and fling shit and overreact at everything, you shilly faggot nigger kike cuck!

They're in zero-G. Suit thrusters to move.
Besides, for a demonstration, I bet they dialed the difficulty down because they suck playing.

Balancing is usually the last step that happens in Beta.

Any planets that aren't just rocks? I mean, sure, I'd probably enjoy flying around for a few hours.

No flora or fauna, user. This game will make NMS look good by comparison.

why

Nope, this is what you going to get. Turrets in space.

Ignoring all of that, it's still unimpressive. I'm around the 20 minute mark.

played the game, there is no stutter on low settings, and I have an ancient pc.

game has been in development for 3 years, not 5.

Well it only took a hundred million and 5 years so if it's a decent game kudos to Roberts I suppose.

Aren't these planets all in one system? I can understand they can't all be in the traditional habitable zone but they could've got creative using some alternative biochemistries like hydrogen flouride or ammonia.

SHILLLLLLLLLLL

2018 release I think. their map is interesting, if at least for seeing earth in space.

robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap

can't remember it's name, but I remember there was a planet in the game that was like a zoo full of alien specimens.

I'll also point out the lack of NPC diversity. I've seen the guy at 12:36 at 17:10, 20:15, and twice at 20:38. I've probably missed people and still have yet to get through the video, but it's pretty fucking disappointing.

Okay, well, they should fire their marketing department then. Trailers are supposed to look better than the actual thing, not worse.

played the game, it's shit.

How long until bankruptcy?

I suggest suicide as soon as possible OP, I'd rather have you die now instead of after you've fallen into a deep depression when you realize that you bought virtual spaceships with thousands of shekels.

That's a girl… right?

thanks user I will treasure it always.

wtf i like star citizen now

2011 homo, even the grand czar said so.

op is a faggot, the video is low version, here is original

never, they can sell the game to EA, Robberts is good at selling shit to EA. Once he sells the game to someone else its their problem now. Trust me, he's going to try it, I expect a publisher to get involved.

I agree that it looks fantastic.
But that's just how it looks.
I've popped in to play it for most of their major free-fly promotions, and they've made lots of progress over the past year, but the game is still very bare bones and what's in is still extremely buggy.

Sure, you can shoot another player's ship in space, blow off its engines, then get out of your ship, board theirs, pull out a gun, shoot them dead and then steal their ship. You can currently do that just fine. The problem is that there are still very few mechanics to make that gameplay feel interesting, and the mechanics that are in feel janky as fuck.
The physics are also broken to hell, so when you board that enemy ship, tapping the cargo ramp while in zero-g will send you flying off at the speed of light. You might even be lucky and clip through the ship and fall into its negative space, then get killed when the ship accelerates away.

So yeah, it looks good.
But it's not good.
There's an important distinction there.

It could probably be good eventually, but we're talking years here, not months. There'll probably be a competitor that will pop up before SC launches that checks off every single item on its feature list and gets completed in half the time by a quarter of the development team, so there's no sense in drooling over SC.

Don't forget this gem.

It's looking pretty cool tbh, still not gonna buy into it until it's done. I have Elite to tie me over until then.

Chris Roberts got $75 million dollars from Microsoft for a video game and then made this movie with it.

The fact that so many people sunk their life's savings into it means we're never going to stop hearing about how "great" and "groundbreaking" and "perfect" it is, though. People have tied their very identity and existence to this makework project to indefinitely employ some industry types to produce ship ads.

There's also people who seem to feel it's their holy calling to shit on the game whenever they get the chance.
There are honestly more threads and shilling done for this game by its detractors than its fans. People just can't shut up about it. It's battered housewife syndrome to the max.

That is AMAZING. Praise Kek.
Funniest shit I've seen in a while.
The look on his face is "I made this…. … I made this pile of shit"

Pretty much every thread I've seen about it on Holla Forums is either started by someone trying to argue the game will deliver/be great, or as a response to people claiming as much in the past.

I think the "let's shit on Star Citizen" train picked up speed when they started selling so many ships for money with so little progress on the actual game they had promised. It makes sense for people who aren't invested to find the whole thing sketchy as fuck–there's literally nothing else like SC in the already-suspicious crowdfunding space.

Funny to see Holla Forums devolve into a fat massive paranoid blob hiding away.

The game isn't really hat had. And a lot of people have access to the game demo and shit. I know because one of my buddies got himself the game.

It's basically one giant ass demo with no strings attached. All you need to do is just look deeper.

Holla Forums had someone making 85 posts into a single thread defending this scam.
He is called (85) since then.

What a fantastic disaster.

I tried to stay away from all the shit with this game, but some still slipped through so I know it's got scams and wasted potential and stupid pre orderers out the gills.

But I also tried to look objectively at the footage, and it looks better than no man sky in just about all areas, graphics look ok, sounds OK, has multiplayer… Still looks boring at the moment and I didn't get why the crowd were cheering at nothing. Well I do get it, since they probably dropped money on it and want to see any development

I agree completely that it's sketchy as fuck and basically impossible to accomplish as a development project.
I just don't see the sense in actively trying to torpedo it. I'm in the "if it fails, I win; if it succeeds, I win" camp. I want good vidya, I'm just not going to praise the ground the devs walk on or get my hopes up.

The game plan CR has outlined is very interesting to me on paper. The reality of the game that I've been playing off and on as it develops has aspects of that plan, but it feels more like a shadow than a prototype, if that makes sense.
It's making as little progress as I expected, possibly even less.

I still hope it succeeds, though. I'm not going to give them a single bent penny, but I'd rather good vidya come out of this than just more shit.
Mostly, the whole thing just makes me feel tired.

Wasn't (85) outdone by (127) some months ago?

His game plan is to make as much money as possible to live a life as multi-millionaire.

The difference between him and you is that he's succeeding.

Wouldn't care if it was the best looking thing in existance.

Has Citizen in the title. Degenerate.

Not videogames. Fuck off gook.

I wouldn't being a criminal call "success". In the long term it's only temporary.

Shouldn't that be (((85)))?

Yeah, that's basically how it is for me too, and how I treat most KS projects. I don't spend money on most of them, and I don't expect much, but if something good comes out of it, okay.

But occasionally when people are hyping something so high while ignoring basic facts that should make them hella skeptical right in front of them, I feel provoked to post.

SQ42 and the Universe thing are two separate games. 60 buckaroos each at release, count on it. I bought it pre-release. If it's good, i get both games for 30$ at release. If it's shit i still get to play and shitpost in the online universe until i'm banned. It's still a better value than most modern games, and since i pirate everything i have money for this kind of META shit.

That's probably the plan of every businessman ever. I'm talking about the game plan, as in the design document for the game that outlines all of its intended features.
It's interesting. It's pretty much exactly what I've wanted in a space game since I was a little kid.
It's also completely impossible, because he's trying to design a game based on an ideal rather than starting somewhere realistic and cautiously building outwards.
He's fucking crazy, basically.

I don't know if I buy that the whole thing is some moustache-twirling intentional scam to rob people of their shekels, but I do think that, at the very least, that CR is extremely irresponsible and should not be in a project lead position. Putting a perfectionist at the helm of a project of this scale is like sticking a grenade in your mouth and pulling out the pin.

Yeah, I can't argue with that. SC's very existence is basically bait incarnate at this point.

No. He was outdone by (215).

LOL. There is no design document.

I'm sure there are many design documents, and I'm sure there are many discrepancies between them - like what happened with Star Marine where the outsourced studio working on their FPS mechanics wasn't given the right CryEngine build, and their 1+ years of progress had to be thrown in the trash because nobody noticed until it was too late.

Also daily reminder that Star Citizen is a GENTILE game financed by other GENTILES. Semites (like Derek Smart) hate it and cannot comprehend it. "He scammed the GOYs out of 100+ million, why isn't he bailing out?" A jew cannot comprehend this.

Yeah, Star Citizen is excessive and out of control and will probably fail, but it's an amazing effort to see. The crazy effort of a crazy guy that will probably fail. I'll give it money anyday because it's better than anything else we have and if it succeeds it will drive the industry and get people hyped up for space just like Star Wars did.

Really, nigger?

No, there are none.
Everything is made up by the con artist on the spot.

haha, really?

Well I can say I like the look of piloting a ship while being right in the cockpit.
Why can't we get a co-op game with a ship like this, probably larger, manned by x number of people, exploring a single detailed alien planet?

That's a real thing that happened, yeah.
This is why I say that this project is too ambitious to ever succeed, especially with someone as disorganized and neurotic as Chris Roberts at the helm.

I want it to succeed very badly, but there's basically no chance it will.

Star Marine never existed. It was just another ruse to steal monies from gamers.

It's a scam with a CR pocketing millions to spend on his private hobbies.
Nothing beside some broken minigame Arena Commander, trailers and little fake gamescom demos exists or ever will exist.
Because nobody involved in this scam intends to actually make a game.

I don't get why people are so mad, for the low price of a $100 million autismbux we'll get the best salt mining blockbuster of the decade.

I get why people who bought into the hype and donated are mad at themselves and transferring that anger onto Chris Roberts even though they victimized themselves.

I don't get why anybody else is upset rather than just grabbing a chair and enjoying the train wreck unfold in slow motion, though.

Its the shills like OP that get super mad because they still haven't learned their lesson.

You're actually right.

I mean, okay, the people that paid for the base game back when the whole circus began get a pass, but every other dumb fucker that paid untold hundreds or thousands of bucks for ship jpegs should swallow a gun and pull the trigger.

I mean Freelancer had more or less the same problems and ended up being good.
It will be shit

Holy fuck you are retarded.

I got my kikestarter money back last year.
It's way more enjoyable this way.

That's because the publisher cut funding and forced the game to release in some state of functionality.

If they hadn't done that Chris would still be "developing" the game to this day.

It should look good. They have a shitload of assets waiting to be assembled in a playable form.

It disturbs me that people believe that nigger goon over their own eyes.

They have mostly been shitting themselves over engine issues. I suspect they've scrapped the fancy, zero gravity, fps mechanics in space stations and large ships. They've also seemingly scrapped some fancy ship to ship combat interactions and maybe destruction effects.

It's always stunning when I see it. Just buggy and minus features.

Hello (85)!

Flying down to the surface of planets was a dumb idea and a huge waste of time to develop when there are still only going to be 2-4 points of interest anyway. Seems like a "me-too" thing after some other games did it. It might even be immersion breaking. Fuck knows what they're meant to do for places like earth that actually have populations over 100.

user, I have something to tell you about Star Citizen's true identity. You'd better sit down.

I'm confused because you can buy the ships. Are you saying that even if you buy a ship you still have to buy the game?…

because if that's the case, holy fuck.

Like you said, it's an alpha.

Chris Roberts went for the graphics when he chose the CryEngine, I know that engine can be used for a lot of things outside of gaming but I don't know if it can handle that type of simulation.

Hello, reddit

If they're smart, high population density worlds will be traffic-controlled and have remote-guided descent and landing only, so you only see the vast majority of the planet from orbit where they can fudge all the cities and whatnot.

If they're smart.
That's a massive if.

There is no game, user.

These last patches have been content dumps and bug fixes, nigger. They're getting ready to ship.

Money saved is nothing compared to the relief of feeling like you've dodged a bullet. Sell your pledge for a small profit and just get the game if it actually comes out.

I got a refund, feels great.

I know chris is probably going to sperg about the exact details of how it works in some weekly q&a video that no mentally healthy person has the time or inclination to watch.

It's not really that dumb if there was something like ten planets and a bunch of moons and asteroids you can visit and walk around.

But they're going for upwards of 70 systems. This is just going to be a shittier version of Space Engine.

You know what? I wouldn't even be surprised if that were the case.

Roberts is autistic enough to actually do something like that.

Are you from the future?

Be sure to tell us how the game runs on hardware from 2030 AD.

He just pretends. He is a used car dealer.

Moar like parallel universe.

I refuse to believe that this game could ship in 2016 in any type of parallel reality.

Some things are just so colossally impossible that even the multiverse can't do anything about it.

man it gets me every time.

Oh man, just look at those typed out dramatic pauses. Surely OP has a point, isn't a huge faggot, and doesn't have r/videogames as his homepage!

SHILL

The only form of "shipping" this game is going to do any time soon is the JPEG kind when they run out of money again.

Apparently Sandi's doing the whole 'I wuz harassed guise' to get a small bump in funding.

But that only works for SJWs and she pissed them off by having a "no niggers allowed" policy

At least someone is doing something right.

wut

She wont hire anyone black for a job position, this made a lot of faggots really salty

I agree! Like with Fallout 4™. People shit on the game so much but you know they bought it with how informed they are on it's quest variety, volumetric lighting™, phsyical based rendering™ and amazing gunplay! Even I dont know how it still works, but it does!

They probably should've made Star Citizen in the Cobra Engine tbh fam.

But then you'd have two games that are literally the same

At least roberts would have something decent to show for all that money.

Speaking of Space Vidya what do you anons think of Rebel Galaxy? I think if I could pilot more classes of ships or had movement that was in a space instead of a plane I would have loved it a lot. Or if it were a pirate game
Also sweet music on the game

OP's denial thread

Elite is just fine
It's a niche game that is perfect for the people that like that type of games

You can't really be mad because it's not what you want tbh

You misunderstand, ED is decent, I'm saying SC is currently trash and maybe if they had access to an engine that already works, SC would be out by now.

Since then they have a token nigger in every show.

No one talked about ships. It's no different from EVE. You buy the game, you get a starter ship, duh. I didn't buy a single ship. I spent 30$ for two 60$ games or for the participation in once-in-a-lifetime disaster. It's like owning a copy of that famous ET game.

It will either be a train wreck or genuinely fun.
Either way Holla Forums wins.

SHILL

bump so you faggots do something worthwhile and spam the video

If you gave your shekels for star of david citizen, then you are fucking stupid.

When will people learn from kikestarter scams? I thought MN9 was the nail in the coffin, but people are apparently still defending those practices.

It's like you want to be scammed.

STAR CITIZEN IS BUILT AS AN MMO USING A SINGLE-PLAYER BASED ENGINE

STAR CITIZEN DEAD ON ARRIVAL

I bought into the kikestarter years ago, later sold my LTI ship for ~4 times what I paid for it. Feels good man. So investment wise I'm about -$100 into this game.

I think it's flawed as hell but the space flight is pretty fucking tight and there is definitely some potential here. Would I advise anyone to buy in? No, I suggest waiting unless you've got money you don't care about or you like gambling or something. But keep an eye on this game: I suspect it will actually become something worthwhile.

Calm down faggot, games with larger teams, less content, and more money have taken considerably longer than this to develop a playable game. Try healthy skepticism instead of blind hatred for once, tends to be more effective at slowing down the hype train.

Do some research retard.

But legitimate good games have come out of kickstarter
Fucking yooka laylee put out a demo not too long ago

I'll gladly say "told you so" when the next ebin alpha gameplay comes out in 2018

user, you know these aren't just """"in-game"""" trailers, right
All those poor fuckers that sunk money into it can literally play the few scraps of content the game has right now
It's been that way since they released the "look at the expensive digital ships you bought" simulator 3 years ago

There are frequent free-play weekends where you can just download the client and play the latest build. That's what I've been doing for a while now to try to gauge how development is going.
It's going extremely slowly, but forward progress does seem to be happening. It's extremely rough and janky, but there's some stuff there that's interesting already - I wouldn't go so far as to say any of it is fun yet, though. "Fun" is a long way off, if ever.

Reminder

The comment section of that video is utter cancer, didn't people learned nothing from NMS?

What's there to learn from NMS?

that all space games are doomed to fail, clearly.

wew

user please, normalfags learn nothing, theyll get fucked in the ass and ask for more even though they're Tsundere for actually good games, they just dont want to make any effort to play them whatsoever.

Started playing EDF 4.1 after a FIFA tournamment, it was all "muh graphics" and "too weird" until they saw the amount of destruction and crazy ass weapons, then they got interested play some matches, and liked it.

Theyll forget about it in 2 days max just like everything thats not marketed or socially acceptable.

are you 12?

Also did anyone notice how those retards are cheering and wooing every stupid shit he does?

What are you trying to imply?

From threads in previous years, I'm pretty sure that they serve free beer at the citizen con thing, so they get everyone good and drunk before their presentations.

You're the worst shill I've ever seen

I think user implies saying gameplay footage is stupid, just like saying
When any normal person would use cellphone, car, or feminism.

That's petty and pedantic and Star Citizen is going to be garbage.

Having seen this video, it seems like the biggest problem the game's going to have is too much themepark and not enough sandbox
That destroyed ship was fucking awesome, but it was clearly a static setpiece, and that entire mission a big scripted one, which brings into question how much of that they're going to be able to produce, and whether the non-scripted stuff will ever get that much work put into it

the biggest problem the game is going to have is existing.

It already exists, people can already play it, it's just not even close to finished

Why are these shitty Chinese image macros showing up all over the place recently?

Every fucking time people completely miss the point.

They made all of that money on guarantees that will never be fulfilled. 90% of the shit they've promised in order to get more funding will never be delivered. The director himself admitted to it.

From multiple original alien languages to 70+ star systems, the delivered product won't even come close.

But user it's okay they're still delivering a pretty space flight sim!

If that's all they promised, there wouldn't be a problem. Everything they've shown as a result of these five years and 100 million dollars is fucking trash. Any asshole can hire multiple third party asset creation teams to make high poly models without giving a fuck about optimization. All they need is tons of money. To make all that money, they just need to show off some pretty models. Ouroboros style.

Making an actually good game requires a solid foundation of direction, planning, and what SC needed most, restraint.

Whew. It is a scam. Whether or not they intended to scam people from the start is irrelevant, it's a scam now and that's not hyperbole. Pockets are lined. They will not deliver the product as promised. I doubt they'll deliver anything worthwhile at all.

Someone dumped them here, its like the dancing letter gifs. It will stop pretty soon

How difficult can that be? There's people in Hollywood wholly specialized in coming up with alien/fantasy languages. Just give them a million dollars and make sure they deliver the product.

Didn't they need to call in the CryTek people to help them unfuck the engine because they have no idea what they're doing?

I'm implying "gameplay footage" of an unreleased game is 99.9% likely to be scripted, prerendered bullshit. It's been this way since the fucking PS2.

But the game isn't unreleased
And most games have tons of scripted events in them even on release, especially MMOs
You can say the game is hyped up with false promises, but the footage they release of their updates isn't part of that

A few points to address. I wasn't specifically talking about alien languages, I was just using it to express the range of bullshit they promised.

While it's simple to toss money at linguists to make consistent shit up, it adds yet another layer of assets and work that need to undergo quality assurance. Meaning if your director isn't paying attention, it'll likely end up garbage. Let's not forget integration of these features, which becomes far more difficult when they're stretch goals. Are they just going to slap some Totally-Not-Hangul around and pretend it's an alien language by putting it on billboards? Will it be spoken by races? The questions are endless and are generally decided on before the project even begins. A vast majority of the promises were presented without any thought whatsoever, purely for marketing. A feast laid out for hungry eyes only to get napkins to weep into for thousands of dollars a pop.

We're more likely to travel to other star systems in real life before SC becomes what was promised.

Have you seen a single alien in any SC videos
There's likely not going to be any, and if there are, they probably won't speak
The most notable use of the ayy languages so far has been in the alien ships, which feature symbols that are the simplest shit in the world to create
And having ayy ships with fake moon languages in them do add a lot to the world, even if it's just as simple as standard english with the letters swapped out, which many fantasy universes have gotten away with

the community is a toxic waste dump and the company is trying it's best but horribly mismanaged

glad to see some kind of progress, but for $120 million and 5 years we should have something resembling a nearly complete game at this point instead of a broken disjointed module system.

the fact they still want more money for ships and want you to pay for ship equipment and weapons on what is essentially a glorified test server raises red flags

Looks neat, I'll give it a pirate when it's released and if it is actually fun then I'll donate to them by means of buying the game.

I wonder if I should make a small site called "can you see your legs?" that reviews games. I would give games either a 0/10 or a 10/10 based entirely on whether or not if you look down you could see your legs.

Doesn't steam have an entire feature dedicated to collating really niche reviews like that

While I agree that the game has a lot to be worried about (and I personally think it has a high likelihood of being shit) I also feel that your complaints are somewhat exaggerated. There are a few things, like stuttering framerates in the alpha build, that I feel aren't a huge concern considering they're running it on the maximum possible settings. Crysis had a similar thing going, where the consumer hardware was quite literally incapable of playing the game on maximum settings. The important thing you should worry about is whether or not the game runs well on the lower settings.
In terms of the PR saying "unlimited draw distance," that obviously is not to be believed and has shades of No Man's Sky all over it.
What I'm worried about is the people actually playing it. One of the biggest hurdles this game will face if it gets released is getting people to want to be part of a ship's crew. Everyone wants to be the captain of a starship, but there's no point if there's no one manning the guns or engine room etc. The game has to make it rewarding or fun to play every role on the ship, otherwise the whole concept falls apart.
There are a hundred things that could go wrong here so I'm going to say it will probably be shit, but if it turns out okay I'll be a happy man.

There are ships with only one seat, I won't even do space fighting, I'm playing it to explore and do FPS missions.

The game can't be build with the promised features on the available technology.
Chris Roberts knows that and makes graphics demo after demo to deceive people into giving him money.
It was a scam from the start.

As strange as it sounds I don't want to be in control of the ship or even turrets on it, I just want to chill and manage stuff like the engine. I did just that in Guns of Icarus back when I used to play it. I think that anyone who wants to be captain will just fly solo ships if they don't have anyone that wants to be in their crew.

Of course none of this will matter if the game is shit, I just really want something like Guns of Icarus with more substance and cool spess exploration.

Requesting Star Citizen Anime intro webm

You're not baiting me into defending this piece of shit game this time, satan

NEVER give in to hype. There is always time for them to make things worse, and they always do

You should look into Pulsar
The devs are faggots that continually make the game shittier, but the game could be a lot worse, and there are threads with people playing it that pop up from time to time

Hopefully Blunder Man's Sky was released before so they know what not to do.

NMS wasn't a case of them making things worse for the most part, it was a case of bullshots, false advertising, and straight up lies directly from sean murray's mouth

That fucking webm

my sides are in orbit

Which GAME?
There is no fucking game.
That's the point. This game promised can't be built, because it's not possible with the available technology. Star Citizen as pledged will never exist!
That's how scams work: You promise completely undoable things, people fall for it and throw money at the screen.

isn't derek smart doing the exact same thing with his game Line of Defense?

Collecting 120 millions via kikestarter while promising impossible to do stuff?

This actually sounds like a great idea.

I've never played a FPS where you can see your legs that I hated. I think of it like the good restaurant theory. Before you eat anywhere, check out the bathrooms. If the bathroom is clean, the food is going to be great. If you immediately smell a stench upon entering, fucking run don't walk. If a place takes care of the little things, you know they're taken care of the big ones.

I was thinking more collecting tens of dollars while promising impossible to do stuff

LoD will be finished one day, while Star Citizen won't.

Yes there is
It's not the one promised, but it is a game

And anybody who didn't pay money into that pledge doesn't care as long as they like the eventual end product

There is no game.
And there will never be one.

It's no different than any other game. Some people tank, others healslut, in Team Fortress not everyone wants to be a soldier or heavy.

Agree they'd better make each role fun in its own way.

Also, your posts are exactly 100 apart. Just thought that was funny.

You can literally play it, right now
It's incredibly unfinished and has barely any content, but it is objectively a thing that exists and is available to the public, shitposter

tfw I ended up making more money selling the ships than I did buying them to the tune of 400 dollars. I used the money I got from flipping the ships on something I could actually use.

You can't play anything.

I literally cannot lose!

Yes, yes you can
Well, not you, because you didn't pay into it like a good goy, but another user earlier said there were free weekends sometimes, so you potentially can

Oh dear Lord, even the clothing art assets aren't placeholder. You can wear every suit on the rack.

This is beyond Kojima level autism. Yeah, I see where the money went now. I'm confident now this game isn't a money pit because Roberts is intentionally scamming people. He's trying to do too much. Fuck, I hope he reigns that habit in because what they have so far is soo promising, if they could just refine it all and put some fun missions/level design into it.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or genuine
Some shitty clothes aren't something to sperg out about, GTAV probably has thousands of clothes options at this point and it doesn't seem like they had to try very hard

No, the point isn't the clothes, the point is every single outfit is one you can take off the rack. In other games, to save time they render a rack of clothes and to access the you go to an interface. In this game each individual item can be selected and taken off.

I'm saying it's a mistake. It's good as a technology moment, but it's a waste of time/resources that could be better spent elsewhere.

Also, Roberts isn't factoring in things like thousands of players trying to use the same elevator at the same time. There's a reason other games instance public commodities like this.

I mean I guess I can see your point, but I'm used to playing shit like SS13 so it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me

And that station is going live relatively soon if they're showing it off already, so they're probably going to pull some shit like instancing entire systems for set numbers of players, since I highly doubt they've figured out a way to get it to work otherwise

You threw me off for a second. I thought my comment had been hotpocketed or something. Then I noticed the third arrow.

That's exactly what they're doing. People gloss over it, but it's the main indicator star citizen will be shit. No matter how amazing it looks dealing with instances of the same universe will always make it feel like a 3rd rate Korean mmo, since it's just like having servers of 100 people tops at a time.

Well, servers and "worlds" are already basically instances, so I can see how they would think that's acceptable
As long as it's not something ridiculous like only 10-20 people allowed in any given area, I don't think most people will mind

The biggest problem I think would be how to navigate those instances to find specific people on your server, it's going to suck dick if you want your friends to space-hang out with you at the space-bar but they can't get in because the parallel universe station you're in is full

oh vey!

But on a serious note, it's like the Conker devs litmus test.
If you can push your character up against a wall and they have an animation for it, it's something that's at the least crafted with care, or something to that effect, it's been ages since I watched the Conker dev videos.

Looked it up, they talk about it about 7 minutes in.

Looks pretty good i guess. Not $100,000,000 good, but i can imagine where most of that money went.

Fps stuff is pretty weak.

Yes, most of them have already bailed. The engine can't take what they are trying to do with it.

(checked satan trips)
To be fair I thin it morphed into a scam due to CR's verbal diarrhoea.

He just dribbled so much shit the only way to keep the money in was to run it like a ponzi scheme.

I told you, thankfully you listened to me and my miami vice sexiness

>tfw like being a healslut but hate every MMO I've ever played
My reasoning for that and playing engineer in icarus is that if I'm gonna play a game that isn't super fun 24/7 then I'd rather play a class that lets me chill on the down time and stay put/auto follow someone so I can socialize or alt tab rather than hold W or mindlessly kill enemies. and to be a slave to the big strong tank

I hate furshit but I must admit, that pic is actually pretty well drawn. It's still gay though.

I lost all faith in Derek when he failed to release Sandy's hardcore porn.

REMEMBER THIS, FUCKFACE?

So glad I got my refund.

It has been mere days since Nu Male's Lie, and you are seriously asking this question? Sage.

Can't wait to roleplay space bunny arrest on that game.

Wish I'd saved that storytime about the guy who spent $25,000 backing Star Citizen, told his wife, family, friends and acquaintances about it, tried to pretend it was a smart investment scheme, alienated his every last friend entirely and got divorced by his wife when he wanted to take another loan to fund more pixels.

Shekel Shillizen literally destroys lives.

Oh boy, another space sim. Man, I can't wait to explore boring, empty worlds again.
Well, at least the ass in that suit looks fantastic (nohomo).

I've seen the cap you're talking about. Fairly commonly reposted. But he seems like a beta numale that would refer to himself as "his wife's husband"

I actually know a few furfags who got this shit refunded.

The only thing I'm really interested in is Squadron 42.
A good single-player experience.

Say what you want about Chrises ability as a project manager, but I more-or-less enjoyed every game he had a hand in making (WC, Starlacer, Freelancer, Conquest: Fronteer Wars)

I approve.

So you'll wait a bit. The elevator is big and there seems to be several elivators.
You can always browse for missions or some other shit while you wait. It's not like there's 100 floors for the elevator, so it's a short wait.

Or it could be just trolling.
Claiming SC will be good is a sure fire way to trigger some people here.

Shitposting IS at the core of imageboards after all. Why even assume that a posters stated opinion is his real opinion?

You're a painfully obvious shill trying to keep this thread afloat. Fuck off.

Yup. I too doubt Chris is trying to scam anyone.
From his past, he really comes off as someone who loves space and whats to make the Best Game Ever (tm).

The irony is that passionate perfectionists and corporate suits are opposites.
It's the suits being in charge that have been ruining vidiya - DCL, rushing, design by marketing, sweet little lies.
People here look fondly at the old days, where developers were passionate enthusiasts that had free reign. But for all his passion, Chris needs someone to reign him in.

Both extremes are bad in the end, though I will take a passionate perfectionist over a suit any day.
It's just sad that a happy medium is so rare.

no

nic ethreads

Care to try and prove what I said was wrong?

Oh, that's right…you can't.

what that CR is a dreamer who can't shut the fuck up and ended up with a full scale scam in his face?

nope I agree. I just think you are webm related.

It's absolutely nothing special at all, furthermore done by one of the less professional - if not actively corrupt - space devs out there. He begun his career by pulling a Phil Fish and ended it when Microsoft even managed to figure out he was full of shit.

And that is where you're wrong.
Thinking requires a brain. You are woefully underequipped for such action.

Derek Smart will be the first to an hero when SC releases, you just watch.

Screen cap this, niggers!

All games in alpha run like shit: Doom, Half-Life, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Half-Life 2.
At this stage the most important part is to get the gameplay and the bones of the game right.
Beta is for more meat and heavy optimization.
I have been in the dark about the whole thing but from what I have seen in this thread it looks interesting. Anyone actually played it here? How is it? Asking because it looks like something I wanted to play since childhood.

I never understood why SC attracts so many fucking furfags. can someone explain?

Whatever, I am just being honest about my tiny interest. Also, fuck off with the hive mind shit

you aren't fooling anyone

Then you are retarded, either way the conclusion is the same. Fuck off

I am on a train and using mobile internet, so get fucked. I am not even… It's the same ID you fuck

Explain to me how am I retarded for asking if anyone actually played this and whether it has potential to be interesting?

That's me

well at least you can see your character, so i guess it's a step up from no man's sky

I'm having fun with it. The game is obviously nowhere near finished but compared to earlier versions things like the flight model have been improved by a lot. The transitions between ground/ship/EVA are also pretty impressive and the sound design is already really good. There isn't much more to it though at the moment, you only have like 5 missions to play in order to unlock a few weapons and different armor. More in-depth mechanics like ship subsystems, cargo and a proper damage system still need to be implemented in order for there to be interesting shit to do like trading or piracy.
If you're considering to buy the game I'd recommend to wait at least a few more months, at the moment it's not worth the $50 but I'm fairly optimistic that it will turn out to be a decent game.

It's a win-win either way, good or bad.
If it's good, I get to play a great game. If it's bad, I get to laugh at the nuclear anal annihilation from the cultists.

Got you covered fam :^)

Dear god… WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FURFAGS IN THIS GAME

The furry community is well known for being really fucking autistic.

Because they're fucking everywhere and you can't get rid of them. Even if they know they're unwanted.

You're one day late. I was hoping to post some sergal pics and then get accused of being Geisto. That's always fun.

Being famous is great, isn't it?

STOP

Good end?

I'm not even that faggot. Thank god. I'd kill myself if I was Canadian.

Mick draw a ton of sergal tits and that was one of her pictures.

I know you aren't him, it just looks like you're attention whoring.

The last time I played the alpha the gameplay elements were still much worse than wing commander. While the shops and ship jpeg viewer modules were nearing completion, what I thought should be the "core" of the game looked like it was years away from being anything worth playing.
They focus almost exclusively on the life sim aspects of the game like riding a well modelled elevator, walking to space bars, landing, etc. but as a space _game_ X Rebirth is still years ahead of it and that game is awful.

Looks fun, will probably buy it if it works out okay on launch.

It was >(84), and it was back during the Escapist's "our (((credible sources))) say the company is horrible and will go bankrupt in a month!" article release.

All I'd actually discussed at length was how sketchy the sources were, and how the Escapist was basically reporting what these people said without doing a thing to actually verify the claims.

In response was just people asking how much I backed the game for and otherwise trying to meme instead of discussing. In the end, I became a meme for a while, and then >(200) came along. Pretty sure that was a deliberate troll, though.

To be fair, it really does seem like the game's development is always in some sort of dire trouble, yet they just keep pumping out updates regardless
Maybe they really are bleeding money and completely lost design-wise and fostering a workplace of contempt and fear, but they're just stretching the good goy donations as thin as they can, making the corpse walk as far as it can go before the legs give out

It was worse than that. The claims they were reporting on went online very shortly before the article was published making it seem like the claims were fabricated.

Wasn't this game supposed to be like way, way smaller than Elite Dangerous and No man's sky but all the systems were hand crafted?

I think that this is a good thing, with Star Citizen maybe furfags and jews can finally have their own game where they can shit post and do whatever they want without bothering people of infecting other communities
Let's face it Star Citizen was going to be shit anyways

It really is
Nobody cares about having technically not the same planets with different color shit to walk around on
I can get the same experience from the myst mod for minecraft, except there getting to the worlds is engaging and exploring them actually has meaningful results

NMS is like Daggerfall without the dungeons, quests, factions, towns, deep combat, or even the ability to travel without grinding

Fuck off shill

They're not bleeding money, they're out of money. CIG is living paycheck to paycheck, to the point of using the pledge money from new backers to refund older backers. When you buy the game your money isn't even going to development, it's just paying off someone else's pledge. That's why they changed the terms of service so that new backers can't get refunds.

And if not, then it's probably being used on things like a $20,000 coffee machine and Restoration Hardware desks for the CIG offices. Or to pay for extraordinarily expensive cinema-tier motion capture facilities and actors, used to generate animations for a game where the animations don't even work in the first place, and that seems to round object positions to the nearest meter.

Do you have any concrete evidence for this?

kek
Have you even watched your own video?
Each planet seems like just a reskin of the last one or the other previous one.

No, they'll just breed in that community and when the game turns out to be shit they'll become your community's migrants.

I'm in ved, it's a cheerful, comfy group that plays videogames, shoots the shit and.
I'm not in any of those images, probably because my normalfaggotry doesn't fit with your narrative.

Just think for a minute. Why would there be so much vehement hatred for a crowd funded game like star citizen? FTL, bloodstained, Yooka-Laylee, Elite dangerous, all of these games were crowd funded, and all have positive threads on Holla Forums all of the time, and only FTL and bloodstained are feature-complete currently.

So why all the vitriol?

I think I know why. It has become trendy to hate on star citizen, and you all are jumping on the bandwagon, yelling about space-yiffing, shills and getting butthurt over how great this demo looks:

And before you say I was had by Mr Roberts, read the following:
I bought 2 packs, a 70 pound ($125) one and a 120($165) pound one in 2012, both with the lifetime insurance.
A year later I sold the 120 pound pack for 200 pounds after it went out of production.

I have made a profit, overall, and will be enjoying the game with the rest of the Holla Forumsederation in my Hornet.

shoots the shit and whatnot*

This is the exact shit I was talking about, there was no evidence given to back this shit up then, and here we are months later, with still no evidence. So much for "they're gonna run out of money in a month!"

It's people like you, who just regurgitate whatever headline they read without verifying it, that encourage clickbait journalism.

Some people don't enjoy it when others have fun.

People also get mad when there's a group for Holla Forums anything.

Pretty much this. I'll say it again: it's trendy to attack star citizen, but when it dcomes out and it's good you'll start seeing more and more people trying to talk about the game, only to be shouted down by people getting triggered by a game they don't like.

All yiff aside. I hope it turns out to be a great game. You know, since all the other space games are rts garbage or no man's hype or truck simulator in space (elite dangerous).

It's common sense, faggot.
Humanity will fly space ships before this game releases.

You're a cuck in denial so tell me, how much did you "invest" into this trash?

I guess.
Good, keep going, that way we'll lure more people into our furry goon circlejerk forever, mwahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAH
READ THE POST
E
A
D

T
H
E

P
O
S
T

I think it's because most anons are afraid to like something that might actually be amazing so their reddit-like hive mind overrides it and also because most people here will never amount to anything so they must project their failure onto everything.

It's an MMO so it's going to be shit because every MMO ever has been shit.

Nice damage control

This.

There is literally no way to make a good MMO, the entire genre is complete and uter cancer.

That and, perhaps, they're following the no-suicide e3 chart, which I can respect, I just wish they'd be less noisy about it.

uterus.. cancer..

woah.. so this is the power of CryEngine3™..

Guys. This is not world of garbage craft with terrible animations and shitty audio and fifty menu screens. The video clearly shows the damn thing working. Get in there with two or there fiends and you'll have fun attacking pirates and dog fighting.

I was surprised to see the community so quickly believe Derek Smart of all people. He was the internet's biggest lolcow all through the '90s.

UO pre-UO:R was awesome. Sorry you missed that ride.

This is the only form it actually works.

The alpha is a ghost town because it isn't fun. I don't think the recent addition of copilots will change that. It's still Jumpgate-tier space combat, if anyone remembers Jumpgate.

It's an MMO. That means there will be reputation grinding, quests, repetitive always online gameplay, and it will be impossible to avoid social interaction to accomplish the most important things in the game. The game will have no ending. With every month, patch, and expansion, your progress will be artificially reduced to keep you running on the wheel. The availability of items in the economy will be dictated and set by the player base. Oh, and a subscription fee. If there isn't one now, it's coming. No modding. Fuck MMOs.

The official release will be ghost town as well, because it looks like it will have futuristic specs when it's finished.

Kind of like a Talos Principle MMO

But that's just the nature of an alpha version. There is little content, lots of bugs and the mechanics are nowhere near finished so most people only take a quick look at the game each time a new patch is released and play for a few hours at maximum.

Remember minecraft?

Minecraft's released alpha versions had the core gameplay completely intact, and were only still an "alpha" because notch wanted to keep adding shit to it, which is the state of most games at their full release nowadays

I don't think that's a valid comparison. Minecraft is a much simpler game, it doesn't need a bunch of complicated mechanics and simply focused on building things which means it can entertain players more easily without the need for missions, trading etc. like a space game does.

That's not how you sandbox user
Ideally you should be able to just let players loose in a game and let them naturally create those kinds of systems

Even in a sandbox you still need lots of mechanics in the game in order for player interactions to work which aren't implemented yet. There needs to be cargo for trading and ships need subsystems that can be disabled separately instead of just blowing up the whole thing for piracy/stealing and so forth. Missions will have to exist too for the PvE aspect of the game as well as an economy and much more. Once all these systems are implemented (which will take at least another year) we will probably see a lot more active players.

Why'd CIG remove the clause requiring them to disclose their spending to backers right before the deadline if their financial situation is stable?

Because if Derek Smart is right (lol) then newfags get their own TORtanic.

lol so edgy.

Well he isnt canadian for starters.