Daggerfall for the unacquainted

Daggerfall for the unacquainted

who gives a fuk

I don't speak vietnamese, sorry.

lol what a nerd, you gonna cry

Yes. You have cut me deeply Mr. Fuk.

Is there a better in-depth explanation of Daggerfall you might want to provide?

So.. OP pic is a picture from Oblivion (ES4) is going to introduce me to (ES2).

fucking ashspawn

"In order to understand Skyrim, we have to start from the begining…"
No, we can't start from the beginning. You have to start with the ascension of the shitbox, and how zenimax learned a valuable jew lesson from the sales from Morrowind on that platform. That is all we need to know:

1-Morrowind sold a lot on consoles.
2-Most console players are retards.
3-Make game for retards.

Voilà, OBLIVION!

Is that why they made every character in Oblivion look retarded too?

No, that's because zenithesda is a small studio trying to pass for a big one. Their artists are stretched thin to cover as much shit as they do, so everything seems and feels half-assed.

did ne body even rly play dis shit tho? buggy as all hell n mostly random generated?

Why are you typing like a nigger?

Proff you haven't even played the game.
the map was mostly fleshed out and the only thing randomly generated were side quests, loot and sidequest related areas.
evreything else was already made the the dev team.

He's roleplaying a redguard.

Redguards are just skyramese people turned into black people but they don't nig and are actually pretty good swordsmen and stealth archers

Not technically true. Every town, dungeon, temple, graveyard, and building are the same every time you play. The main story cities and dungeons were all built by hand, the rest were all put together via blocks. This is why you will find many sections of cities (such as merchant building "rings") that are exactly the same, but in a different part of whatever city. Same for dungeons and their blocks which were put together once before the game was ever printed to a disc.

Though the only randomized stuff for repeat playthroughs are the items/loot/quests. There are enough blocks to have quite a bit of variety as well, so even though the towns and dungeons aren't being generated new each time you can go through dozens before you stop seeing something new, and hundreds more before you stop seeing all those things being used differently.

Oblivion and Skyrim quests are cheap easy tasks with no variation every time you play. In Daggerfall you go to a different location nearly everytime, exploring a totally different dungeon, with completely different enemies/loot. A daggerfall dungeon quest is an adventure in and of itself. Each one, even while being procedural generated, is better than any dungeon in either of those games.

You almost make it sound like you're implying that the Orcs are not any good in the art of stealth archery.

I came to laugh at you.

I'm not familiar with this guy. What's the deal?

Some pc mustard race autist. Seems to devote all his time to modding Bethesda games and making long pointless videos about it.

The fact he considers Daggerfall only in light of what it means to Skyrim says it all, I guess.

Modern Bethesda fans. Not even once.

JUST

He's married.

Nature will correct itself soon. Kek wills it!

Actually, he's relating it to those retarded fans. He says his personal favorite is Daggerfall and he considers Morrowind the best. So most likely Daggerfall is his favorite and Morrowind he pays lipservice to it being "the best" in the series.

He also has lengthy videos on how Oblivion and Skyrim could have been good if a billion things were changed.

I wouldn't generally recommend watching his videos from the few I've perused, but this one is the most indepth Daggerfall coverage I could find on youtube. If there is better with someone who doesn't trigger you please provide them. That is not an invitation to shit on whomever you present and continue shilling this guy, I genuinely am interested.

I actually don't know the guy and don't have a opinion of him, negative or otherwise.

I just assumed that if he's comparing it to Skyrim he must hold Skyrim on a pedestal–if he's just doing that to get more views, well… that's sad, but whatever.

The best writing on Daggerfall I've seen are forum posts and reviews, not videos. I think Codex did a retrospective on it a while back, though I wasn't a fan of it (the guy thought Daggerfall wasn't that great).

I've read all the Codex shit on Daggerfall. I've lurked there for years. I also didn't agree with that review you mention.

As for the guy in the video I posted, I think it's more to be "encompassing" of the series as a whole, and to present it to people who only found the series through Skyrim. It isn't promoting Skyrim at all, and it or any of the other games are only mentioned if there is a plot element in Daggerfall linking them. It's basically a primer for babbys. He spends a good chunk of the video just explaining how to get started…by making a broken OP character. Meh.

Yeah, one of the replies in the comments to that review was better than the review. That's the Codex for you, though, and why I love it: some random guy in the comments of a review will write his own review with more elaborate thoughts than you'll find on any other site.

The advantages/disadvantages system is definitely one of my favorite things about Daggerfall, and one of the major criticisms I had of Morrowind when it came out (the extremely simplified character creation). You didn't have to use the advantages/disadvantages system to ruin the game's difficulty curve, and the fact you could make a vampire at character creation just by combining advantages/disadvantages (allergic to sunlight, holy places, etc) was really cool.

Yeah, I agree. Daggerfall has the best character creation system in the series. By OP I mean he made a character that abuses a bug. Namely having immunities to things he is also critically weak to, by having immunity to magic. This is a bug and really breaks the game balance.

I've personally made some strong characters, some moderate, and some "weaker" stealth characters. Actually was only recently that I seriously got into a stealth build, and it's been amazing fun for me. I actually didn't know Daggerfall's stealth system was so robust. Combined with hearing actually affecting hearing the enemies that are nearby it is nice to pick them off. Also am restricted to only wearing leather, which actually has an affect on your sneaking rolls.

So pretty much there isn't any character I can think of that isn't possible to use in Daggerfall. I haven't tried a linguist build yet, but I probably will sometime before the year is out.

IM A NIGGER!

You are now hearing the shop music from Daggerfall

holy cow that pic made me kek

I remember the first time I watched this guy, months ago. I had assumed he was going to be one of those fake "I'm such a nerd" types, but I couldn't have been more wrong. His power level is through the roof.

make like a tree and gtfo, coon

i haven't played (not rly) it tbh fam thas just what i've heard. i jus figured w/ a map dat size da ran gen thing'd be true.

dey really fleshed out a world dat BIG tho?

i'm black fam dun get it twisted

dat sound nyce fam i got it runnin once but it still crashed when i got up out da tutorial area

Real talk did anyone here actually ever get used to using the dungeon map? After months of play it still totally goes over my head.

Daggerfall is essentially the No Man's Sky of its time.

Nah, it's the one glaring flaw with the dungeons. The Z axis is so fucking hard to figure out. Honestly, though, I can't say that I've ever seen a map that explains Z axis areas well, and a lot of games flat out don't do Z axis at all (i.e every Bioware game ever).

If NMS was a good game, you'd have a point.

lol

I have, but no more than to check if I've taken a turn or not. I mostly just explore methodically and only bother with the map when I run into areas I have already been to.

0/10

what the fuck Holla Forums is reddit now!

Ebin

You're close, same general time, same perspective, and same company. Todd lied about the price of another Bethesda game made around that time, take a guess.