us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748794686
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748924711
blzgdapipro-a.akamaihd.net/media/screenshot/usa-ambas-calaveras.html
us.battle.net/forums/static/js/vendor/injected/xss-payload.js
amomentincrime.com/
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748714917
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748705000
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where the fuck is Summer Games Mei Jesus Christ.

wut do ;-;

play tf2

Shit OP. Can we start a new thread with another one?

Genius
brb installing

where the fuck can i pirate this game?

The PTR changes are what I'm referring to dumbass. They've specifically made it so the hitboxes shrink back if the target is out of line of sight.

nice, your trash casual game is slightly less trash

youtube.com/watch?v=ExaLusByOxE

picrelated has a word with you

You totally showed me, kid!

He sure did kid

Sage negated

Anyone else dropping this shit game?

I'm happy I wasn't retarded enough to spend 40 dollars.

Hello newfriend!

You do realize you're helping him, right?

Hello reddit
Please lurk before shitposting

I'd give you mine, if it came as a physical disc.
But no. I'm stuck with this.

wew

haha calm down friend. Here, looks like you need this.

I know it's confusing posting in a new site, but just take your time.

This is why I buy make sure to buy games on separate accounts with no personal information attached.

n-not that I buy blizzard games

Why are these threads still allowed when it's nothing but shitposting?

So do we know, when the new patch is gonna come out today?

Those threads were pretty contained a week ago but now dotawatch thread stayed empty for hours which is pretty uncommon for those type of threads, which made me wonder… But then a wild plebbitor appeared a-and I couldn't resist

Which patch today?

I´m just guessing that it will be today, because tuesday seems to be Blizzard patchday, at least other people told me that. Patch contains the balance changes and the new map hopefully.

Here's another (you)

Also i guess i could post my thoughts about the new map.
First point:

Pushing the payload:
Pushing the payload is quite easy before you come to the bridge over the abyss. From there on flankers can shoot you from behind because there is a high bridge where they can stand on and you have to go as attacker underneath the bridge. So defenders here can shoot from above and from behind down to the attackers pushing the payload.

The Castle:
When you´re finally in the castle it seems to get easier again for the attackers, although i don´t really know why. Shit´s very crammed and linear here, so defenders don´t have the ability anymore to fall into the attacking teams back. Heroes like Junkrat and Mei are useful as defenders here, because they can lay down area denial on the small path and entrances.

Generally i would say, that i really like the map. It is easier to defend than most other maps in this game, which i find good, because most of the times, the game seems to favor the attackers. The setting looks good, and the map generally plays well. But the first point is a bit too hard to attack. There should be an additional flanking path, so you don´t have to go necessarily through the extremely narrow chokepoint.

Am I the only one who can't connect to the game right now? The patch notes, news (for all games in the launcher) don't work either.

Blizzard is being DDOS'ed

Scriptkiddies?

Who would DDOS a fucking game company other than scriptkiddies?

I got this. Meh.

A competing corporation?

Good point. Haven´t seen this guy for a long time.

Lads on tour

I don't know why people like dislike Symetra. She's tons of fun to play with.

Is today the last day to grind summer boxes?

I miss the days when nobody knew that her balls pass through shields or how much damage she can deal at close range. All those ez pz kills.

what, did they extend it? i thought it was supposed to be over

how does anyone stay interested in this for more than a day? it's the exact same cards over & over with people spamming "WEW LAD" at you. it should be in the dictionary next to "meme game".

The bastion player got shut down the whole game, and when he finally gets his ult I one shot him with a point blank Cuckrat tire. I only wish that had gotten play of the game.

I got one just now so there's still time I guess.

I just want the summer games to be over already. Fuck that title screen.

You're just mad because nobody wants to talk about the game you like. What a cuck.

more like jar of tears. what did you do to him?

Yea the game is just meh, I don't feel like grinding or buying a shit ton of random cards and hope to get a good deck. I like card games but heartstone just seems like it is for it's dedicated playerbase. Getting into it new isnt so great. I've also heard that they nerfed high risk/reward decks in the past so also seems they want it to be "fair". Also the random cards means alot of the pros dont even want to play in the big tournaments because there is no point.

Yea that seems pretty ass hurt, I honestly haven even played bastion after the beta, he is just too easy to counter.

Main menu loads instantly

Main menu loads instantly without the character model. Doesn't lag and loads the character model in when it's ready. Menu has full functionality.

Wish more games did smart loading of shit like this.

Man other companies must be so jealous of blizzard, their fanboys bend over and take whatever's given to them, and thank them for it too.

The real problem is that this modern shooter blatantly used hitboxes larger than the models.
That overwatch players are so universally shit at the game they need the FPS equivalent of training wheels on every level of the game.
Its like aim assist for consoltards.

Care to elaborate on that first point? O is it just b8?

Whoops, typos fix:
*aesthetic that clashes as fucking juxtaposed with the goal of coldly murdering people TO everyone who isn't a complete dimwit

he wants more brown filter

I meant the facebook-tier instant-gratification part actually.

The demand and challenge level is Facebook-game tier. It's designed to make players feel awesome for pushing the awesome-button.

TF2 is almost as shallow as a game, but the aesthetic is a lot more sensible. They are cartoons of jaded killers with mental issues. Overwatch is a cartoon of jaded killers who put up an act of being heroes, badasses and waifus.

I don't understand the little kids who just go to Holla Forums to shame anyone who plays videogames.

It cost like what, $20 dollars, then $2 after what, a year? And free after a few months?
It never took itself seriously and people would laugh at the idea of 'competitive tf2'
It was a fun casual game that was free, guess you're too much of an underage faggot to appreciate it

I don't understand the little kids who just go to Holla Forums to post about shit video games then get triggered when they get made fun of

Just put out a new character you cucks

I'd agree with you if the game was, like many facebook games, single-player. But it's not, as a matter of fact, retards that just blow the ultimate as soon as they can often get their shit kicked in before they can fell "awesome". I'd say a large part of the necessary skills for this game involve being able to shutdown the enemy ults.

The simplest solution would be to stop playing overpowered, flavor-of-the-week classes, user.

Though Genji's nerf was a bit much. Reducing the time for Dragonblade would probably have been enough since that seems to be the only way 95% of Genji players can ever actually land a fucking kill.

The approach is slightly different. TF2 feels more like a black comedy, and I actually do prefer that, shame the devs couldn't stick to a spy-fiction theme though.

Overwatch goes for a more optimistic superhero theme, which helps justify having a such a clash in themes from all the heroes. That would clash horribly with the violence but at the same time the violence gets toned down from TF2 level so that it does feel more like a saturday morning cartoon show.

All of the shitiest gameplay changes that TF2 made over the years was Valve trying to pander to the competitive crowd. Overwatch at least retains what the game is about when treated competitively. TF2 tends to abandon regular use of half the classes in favour of being a slow version of Quake.

Also people need to stop defending the free to play model.

So, why do people say Ana is shit again? Because she has no headshots?

Priceless.

I haven't seen anyone say that, but snipers do always feel like they're absolute shit all the time because they don't help pushing forward. So its probably someone just crying about snipers in general and not anything to do with Ana.

I'd agree with that when talking about Widowmaker, but Ana is probably the most priceless asset to a push. Her healing per second is godlike, and her ult will shut down pretty much any enemy comp.
That being said, it is true that a lot of Ana players are shit, but I guess she's still "new"

Ana is great. She can heal enormously fast, prevent your enemys from getting healed, which also negates zenyattas ult, she also does a lot of damage and her nanoboost in combination with Reinhardt, Zarya, Winston or basically anone except squishy characters is extremely scary. Ana is a fucking based grandma and my favorite heroe in the whole game except maybe Tracer. Fuck those people who don´t respect the granny.

Ana's healing is subject to a problem that no other healer has: it can be body blocked, either by friendlies or enemies.

If someone on the front line needs healing in a melee it takes more luck than skill to be able to heal them, especially since Ana lacks any movement ability to get into the best vantage spots that other snipers can get to.

That's my only problem with Ana, besides the fact that most people who play her ignore healing and try to attack or ult, say, a Soldier/Genji before his ult is ready.

>Decide to buy a pair of boxes before the update hits
It's literally the only thing I actually wanted from this update. Got all the legendary skins, but that one fucking thing escaped my grasp.

The shop being down is a blessing in the skies.
Why the fuck would you ever do this?

heh

I figured "fuck it"

Just use Widowmaker, for fuck's sake.

If you don't provide a body on the front line then you are not pushing the front line. Snipers do not provide bodies to the front line.

Yeah, but in overwatch someone has already hit the skill cap for one of the classes. Opps, I meant to say heroes.

After almost 10 years none has ever hit the skill cap for any of the 9 nines classes.
Competitive TF2 exists because TF2 takes thousands of hours to get truly skilled at.

td;lr
tf2: hard overwatch: easy

You mean, blessing in 'disguise'?

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Which ones?

You just wanted a reason to post that shitty copypasta

I don't need to, you saw the opportunity and took it. No doubt the first user was prepping for it.

Of course
Don't blame me for it

TF2 has way more mechanics than Overwatch that takes time to master, particularly in the movement mechanics.

Why the fuck did I click this

See you guys at the meetup

You mean physics bugs that haven't been patched.

I wish people wouldn't throw terms like skill-cap and skill-ceiling around so much. It's ridiculously arrogant to claim to be so good at something that it is physically impossible to be better at it.

Also hilarious revisionism on TF2's part. Since that community has spent years trying to shit on some classes for allegedly having low skill ceilings. But I guess now they all require high-skill to master now in order to look better than Overwatch.

Whelp, i'm getting v& now.

WoW deserves another chance!

So for those of us, like myself, who have become jaded from past promises and experiences, everything we know so far about the new expansion Legion harkens a good long term experience.
The game will truly incorporate an experience for casual and hardcore alike, and also casual hardcore for people who want to do hard content but with not so much time. They also feature some throwback to the older days of WoW requiring attunement (very minimal) to access some of the harder content.
Some examples-
5 man mythic+ dungeons, what this is- is a scaling 5 man progression system where dungeons increase in difficulting depending on how fast/efficient you clear a dungeon and increases in difficulty and rewards that scale up to heroic raid level gear and gives you weekly mythic level raid gear depending on how far you got. This is extremely good for those that enjoy small group progression without having to manage large raid logistics.
Open world content- a lot of people complain that WoW has become something of sitting in garrison/city lobby game. Meaningful and dynamic world content that directly contribute to your character and gear progression has been re-introduced and will play a major role in story and end game progression. In fact 2 Mythic dungeons will require you to complete some world quest storylines to unlock- and these storylines contribute to your progression (not just have to do them because you have to).
The best raiding system in the genre- this has existed for a couple of years. But still begs to be mentioned- normal and heroic difficulty raids have no fixed sizes, it ranges from 10-30 people and anything in between. This was the best thing to happen to end game WoW, you don't have to have an exact number of people to do raids! more or less, doesn't matter.
Scaling zones/quests- New zones and mobs scale to your level and your buddies! this means if your level 107 and your buddy is level 101 you can do the same stuff because the mobs will appear 107 to you and 101 to your buddy and damage is scaled. So outdoor content and dungeon content will always remain relevant. And the quests are a farcry from the old fetch 10 bear hides and all gathered in a quest hub, you progress the main quest and side quests are introduced as the storyline progresses and happen while your out in the world- the new Demonhunter intro is a good example of the way these are designed.
Casual and Hardcore- For those who are casual and don't want to do the hardest content, casual content still remains in the form of LFG for normal and heroic dungeons and LFR still remains as an option for tourist mode raids. However, for harder content- the cross-realm LFG tool, which you can browse or make groups for any content you like that all the WoW players in your region/faction can see and participate is a great implementation for finding people to do content that you want to do or join in on such as Mythic level Dungeons or normal/heroic Raids.
I have to say, WoW has the best quality of life features for casual and hardcore players and this expansion promises to have the best content ranging a wide spectrum to instanced based and open world based. They even announced in 7.1 they are releasing a Mythic dungeon with 9 bosses for 5 man groups. a 5 man raid essentially.
After seeing the VoDs and all the notes that have been released. I think this is a good time to give WoW another chance, even though its past has had many short comings.

It´s hilarious how tf2 fags are so salty, about their shitty free to play cancer game dying.

It is a little weird seeing reacting to overwatch by trying to praise tf2 - the game that 99% of community laughed at the 'competitive players'.

No. Let the old girl die.

Is it even dying? I think they're just angry kids, period.

She's trash when she's your only healer and some fuck on your team also picks a hanzo. Why the fuck do people ever think you need 2 snipers? I've never seen the point in that.

Also this, many times has a Ana tried to boost me ( as a tank) and a tracer or someone jumped in front of the shot, fucking it all up. same for what he said. The blocked shots.

I wanted reapers line. Oh well.

I just assumed it is dying because of the levels of salt, overwatch gets from angry tf2 fags. But i guess you could be right.

TF2 has been dying for the last 5 years, with servers gradually narrowing down to 24/7 one-map servers, trade servers and muh OC map critz servers. It's always going to have a niche base of players, but I'm pretty sure it's far from doing well.

what do you mean? that happens all the time on any healer that isnt lucio

I think it's more to do with overwatch being a shit game.

Unless thinking that everyone who shits on overwatch is an angry tf2 player helps you sleep at night.

Please help me have fun with someone who isn't Roadhog.

that one tumblr chick where all you have to do is mouse track.

Thanks Blizzard for attaching this piece of shit to your game.

Symmetra has a new emote where she creates a chair. I'm sure she could just science-wizard up a toilet or portapotty if she wanted to.

I can't help you there. He's really fun to play. I love hooking people off a cliff, knowing full well they're screaming at me over it while I laugh. I even got knocked off a cliff once and hooked someone off with me.

Your own fault for being retarded

Wow user, you sure sound like you've played the game a lot, I'll take your opinion into consideration!

Just because she can create a toilet doesn't mean she knows how to use one.

What?

You get a heal beam on a target, and there's no one who can bodyblock it afterwards. You get an Orb of Harmony on a target, and it doesn't matter who gets between you and your target, they're getting healed. The initial skill use can be body blocked, but there's literally no cooldown for the heal beam and only a bare like quarter second travel time on the Orb (and if you have several targets in close proximity, the Orb will switch between them so even that can't really be body blocked).

Ana not only requires constant LoS for her primary healing, but if a teammate is standing between you and your target they're literally never going to get healed unless they're in range of your jar.

after a big win streak with pathpig i started going up against players that i cant hook for the life of me unless they have no idea im there or are playing someone equally fat. and god forbid they have a zarya whos paying attention. that delay before i can actually shoot them is plenty of time to throw a shield on someone if theyre expecting the hook.
is this why hes generally looked down upon at higher levels, or do i need to step up the mind games? i know im shit with the right click

i had trouble with it for a week or so. but it would work if i tried again a few times.

She's damn near autistic with her perfectionist routine. I think it'd break her brain to do something as unorganized as shit in a street.

No that just means she has shitting in the street down to perfection.

Shitting in the street and perfection are mutually exclusive.

Not to Pajeet.

But yes to higher ups in businesses. Vishkar's basically a megacorp at this point and apparently symmetra's one of their not-expendable employees.

what the hell is that thing? thats not a toilet its a bird bath. how the hell am i going to play my game boy for a half hour on that thing? and how do you flush it?

thats true, the refire time between granny-meds can be the difference between someone getting healed or not when theyre only in line of sight for a split second. but people should be aware what healers they have on their team as well. im not going to dive in the enemies face and expect mercy to be able to reach me because i dont want her to get killed but zenyatta might be able to lend me his right nut

If the enemy has a Zarya and you're not sure if she has her ally shield, just wait a split second after the hook. If she shields, don't shoot. If she doesn't shield, enjoy the free kill.

The main reason, though, I think Roadhog isn't picked up as much is just because of the sheer usefullness of the other tanks' shields, which Roadhog has no way of replicating. Reinhardt and Zarya are just way more useful pushing a point (not to mention how much more synergy their ults have with full team wipes like Barrage or Death Blossom), and Winston is much more useful on payloads.

Stop spouting that tumblr fanfiction shit.

Not in India.

It's not about battlenet being down. It's about the program not even opening. I should at least be able to open the program and get a message saying the servers are down, but I can't even do that right now.

Not to mention her "mouse track" attack is only effective within range otherwise she needs to learn to arc her grenade alt-fire. She's actually one of the hardest heroes in the game to play effectively, especially against teams who know not to feed her.

Oh but you heard a bunch of sjws talking about how some asian girl was able to "completely perfect" her and believed them wholeheartedly right?

Which is why I said "damn near autistic" instead of saying she's autistic. Learn to read.

Keep deluding yourself

Sure.

Seems blizzard is being DDoS'd again.

have you ever had trouble taking out ana after a hook? it always seems it doesnt drag her into point blank range and half of my shot goes right by her. every single time.
im surprised though, i end up picking roadhog when we need some meat because of the anus clenching factor he can cause to flankers. after you snag them once they will play a lot safer. but i suppose in serious games more people are doing their job so you might not need piggu for that purpose.

That's a nice selective memory you've got there

Getting your right click game on makes him so much more powerful, you can pretty much take down anyone in one good combo, M2>hook>M1>Melee>M1(if necessary)

The main issue I have with Anas is that they seem to always save up their sleep for you. Main dude I have huge hook issues with is Lucio, he always seems to end up besides me at a weird angle instead of in front, messes me up every time.

Physics bugs that the developers decided to leave in, because it actually adds depth to the game.

The only thing I have issues with is flying Pharahs. They're never pulled where I expect, they're always left kind of floating and I can't get a good shot in afterwards.

dont tell me that autism wasnt the first thing to come to your mind. are you afraid to laugh at autism now just because tumblr is taking it seriously, or was it just never that funny to you?

Tumblr keeps talking about the curry nigger is autistic and they're celebrating her as autistic representation. Like how they think Junkrat is a tranny.

You might have a point if you were just insulting her by calling her autistic. But you went on to argue about how she couldn't actually shit in the street because of how autistic she is, oh sorry "near damn autistic".

onii chan~~ my jokes are are being written on their own

>>>/suicide/
complete what your parents failed to do you missed abortion

which one?

Gotta use those Battleborn servers for something

You mean like how minecraft is called autismblox? And do you really think someone who has one of her highlight intros involve fixing a tilted camera really just shit in a street?

What the fuck is the logic on that?

So why did they increase the Hanzo projectile size to log-sized again? It seemed like every Hanzo player already mastered getting headshots without aiming.

please excuse my use of such terminology but i think they want him to be viable at a competitive level. which while i appreciate, i think that there are some characters who are just not going to see use at higher levels because their kit is too vulnerable to counter play.

because they can relate to having fake appendages. they just line themselves up like bowling pins

I never claimed that the projectile hitboxes hadn't been made generous again (funny how people rarely bitch about this in TF2 threads). Just that the problem of being able to shoot people behind cover had been dealt with.

The only one shut down by facts is the user who seemed to think that specific problem was back in the PTR. All his youtube link does is needlessly elaborate on a point which could already be seen in the first few fucking seconds of the mp4 I posted.

When will faggots learned to take out healers first and foremost before wasting all their time killing everyone else? It's basic shit, but I'm always the only one who has to go for the pocket Mercy. Otherwise we'll just end up getting steamrolled by the most basic play in the book. It really is like all these people have never played any other class based shooter.

When will faggots learn to defend their healers first and foremost before wasting all their time going for solo kills? It's basic shit, but I'm apparently the only one who ever sees the reaper flank as Mercy.

As it goes, if the enemy team IS paying attention to their healers than trying to take them out first is suicide and basically gives the enemy team a free pick. Plus Mercy can still run back from spawn to res if you killed her more than 5 seconds before the team wipe.

It would be table tennis Mei I assume, in that case everyone should have gotten a dedicated summer games skin like tracer.

TF2 wasn't a soulless cash grab. Overwatch is sold on a bunch of highly marketable DA OCs that all clash with each other and only exist to pander to a certain demographic.
TF2s characters were all depicted as terrible people and they all had a purpose in game rather than just being there to see how many Dreamworks mascots they could shove in. Nobody talks about overwatch as a game, they only care about their favourite character they can plaster all over their tumblr.
Now it's true that TF2 went to absolute shit later with shit update after shit update that ruined the style and wrecked the balance, turning the game into a huge clusterfuck where nobody knows what's going on, but Overwatch has essentially started as one.

tl;dr this.

Overwatch reminds me of a moblie game.

It's basically already dead now they've ruined it by adding weapons. As will happen to Overwatch when they start adding more classes.

even in tf2 medics healing was pretty mediocre if they had taken damage recently, even with the quick fix. and honestly? id like to see people focus fire more often and obliterate the out of position player.
you can out damage even a mercy(until her buff, anyways) as long as your accuracy is decent so imagine what 3 people can do, but they never do because they see someone being healed as an un-viable target, oblivious to the nuances of team work.
people are so damn presumptuous now that theyre getting used to the game and theyre falling in to that horrible habit that follows 'competitive' team games of enforcing a meta by being uncooperative with players who dont fall in line.

jej

You realize the standard hitbox is still absurdly huge right?

dont play as dva

How the fuck is ping pong even a sport anyway?
You know it's like how Poker is considered a sport, who the fuck came up with this retarded shit?

It's miniature Tennis.

for miniature penis

T-thanks

I like playing Widowmaker. Stronger than TF2 sniper and I suck at sniper.Got POTG with her and it was like the Meet vid.

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Get those all the time, it's usually the only way I manage to escape solo queue. Of course I'm a support main so even if I'm bad I'm good.

"athletic sport" isn't required for "sport", but ping pong is athletic ish.

I wouldn't consider ping pong and poker a sport, I would consider them a game. Some games can be sports, but usually it has be athletic and have a solid premise.

what did i get myself in to?

Just keep playing Mercy then

That fire rate increase really helped Ana out. Her ult+Rein/Winston is so good for pushing through chokepoints that I rarely see Mercy's in quickplay anymore.

What good game design. I'm sure those hitboxes interact very smoothly with the 20-tick servers.

The tick rate is 60 now

but i dont like her and i dont even have her big tittied valkyrie skin. i was just fucking around to see if it was as easy as it looks because i see terrible mercys constantly. i wanna remove hit points not add them.
oh god, and shes getting buffed.

Sometimes God has other plans :)

Just accept your role as a heal slut user.

Speaking of this, for any of you who play Winston with any frequency, please do not ult if you are nanoboosted. Yes you become an unstoppable monster with effectively 2000HP but your DPS goes from 90DPS per target with the teslagun to 60DPS with your fists that are harder to hit multiple people at once with.

Accept it and embrace the salt

You forget the leaps. If ult winston is attempting to do damage (as opposed to attempting to knockback) he leaps on CD. Each leap hits for 50 damage or 75 nanoboosted with a 2 second CD. He can still do (over) 90dps that way.

But yeah non-ult is generally a bit better.

Ana is a pubstomp hero. That's literally all she is good for. She can win quickplay and some shitty comp no problem but against a coordinated team she is shit. The nanoboost target is too easily shut down.

Healer salt is the 2nd best there is.
Doesn't top the salt of the cheapest of tactics, but it's still Grade A

Hiding behind a wall saying "Im going to hang back here for revive go die on the point." is a pretty cheap tactic.

Well if you're really just hideing.
Staying in safety while healing instead of bodyblocking shots for your Reinhardt's shield is another story, but a lot of people seem to thing that a Mercy they can't see is not there.

The trick is to hide just in time not to be noticed by the enemy, but close enough to when they dump their ults that the team doesn't suffer for lack of healing.

literally what

imagine if tf2s sniper had twice the rate of fire, a better sidearm, a warning whenever anyone went behind him, and better vertical movement than soldier.

It could go either way.
Good barriers can shut down Widowmaker which TF2 has no equivalent of and Sniper can one-shot any class where Widow has to two-shot tanks.

tf2 maps also tend to have better layout for snipers

Dont know how you can say widowmaker is better when a good sniper can near single handedly shut down the enemy team.

I play Winston more than anyone else, so thanks. Didn't know about that.

it's amazing seeing the same conversations tf2 kids used to have nearly 10 years ago in a new game.

It's like the kids this genre attracts always have the same mindset or something. How old are you all?

why
how
what

same discussion, 10 years later. online games are cancer.

that doesn't take into consideration how easy she is to single out even in 1v1

shame, i like the ideas behind anna but playing as her is kind of a pain

post porn

does the cracked version of overwatch work online? or can you at least view the models in a bot match? I just want to fap.

bumplock when?

Because I'm retarded, obviously.

"discussion"
lol

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748924711

so 20 hours until the Sombra reveal? Won't really be on the 23rd anymore at that point unless my math fucked up.

It could just be 23 since she'd be the 23rd character.

Just a few minutes ago Rein decided he could do it too.

Can't complain too much if you know it.

I main Winston. What were you expecting?

Sure it didn't affect the round in any way, but this was hilarious nonetheless

Mercy Vs Roadhog is some final boss tier shit anytime.

cute

That says all anyone needs to know tbh.

I don't understand
she's by far the most mind-nimbingly boring, retard-friendly character in the entire game.
Fucking Winston is harder to do well with.

I find that Mercy is basically a retard magnet, and all who are attracted to player her are mentally disabled, a GURL GAYMER, or were so bad at everything else they needed to play Mercy.

I'd still fucking plow her but that doesn't mean her kit isn't utter shite

Last night I was playing with some friends, we went all Mercy, we didn't win, but we were being revived left and right.

I never played the beta and listened to my friends constantly yelling over mumble about who needs to play support, so when I got the actual game I had the least experience and was tired of listening to whining. The character I was looking forward to the most was Zenyatta but I've ended up playing Mercy more because I like her ult more and I really like repositioning with her shift. Lucario is probably fun to play but I'm too autistic to play him because >brazil

No you're thinking of Lucio. The nigger can carry a game just standing there and he never fucking dies, EVER.

Mercy requires quite a bit of skill to play effectively, especially when everyone and their mother wants a piece of her ass. She has the most active and focused style of all healers and trades fighting on the front line herself for more situational awareness and running like her ass is on fire.

Dude, you don´t know what you´re talking about. Mercy is the most frustrating character in the whole game, because she can´t defend herself for shit. And she´s probably the healer with the highest skill floor/ceiling in the game because of that. If the enemy team sees a Mercy you can bet, that they will send their whole team after you and the only thing you have to defend yourself is your pew pew pistol and a jump that requires your retarded teammates to give you LOS. The most boring and easiest charachter in the whole game is probably Lucio. Just activate your healing arua and jump around constantly. That´s all that is required to be a effective healer. As Mercy you need godlike spatial awareness and aim to survive even 5 seconds in battle.

If you were to compare TF2 Medic with Mercy, do you think Medic has better survivability? how or why?

stop reading there

the skill cap of mercy is

wow holy shit quite the skill ceiling friend

I would say Medic has worse survivability. He's better at defending himself and killing aggressors but there's always a Soldier or a Scout on the enemy team and Medic can't escape from them.

If you think that Mercy is easy to play, just try it out. You will die over and over and over again, if you don´t know what you´re doing. Especially on the higher levels. Maybe she´s easy to play if you´re still around level 0 to 40. But after that, pretty much everyone in the team knows that the only good Mercy is a bad Mercy.

Yeah, waste your slowly charging ult, whenever one of your teammates die. This surely will win us the game,
How the fuck is it easy to get out of LOS when a Tracer and Genji is constantly jumping in your face?
Yeah, and probably fly even to a worse position than before, without being able to stop your jump.

Seriously this whole post reads, as if you just had played the game for five minutes and then made up your retarded mind already.

I see, then that's kind of weird, I wish Mercy had an E ability that pushed enemies back in a small radius, but most of all, GA shouldn't depend on targeting players.

That being said, spamming shift when you are the only survivor will get you nowhere safe.

Don't forget the inevitable F2P update that will arrive.

Should have been: The only good Mercy is a dead Mercy. God damnit, i shouldn´t start typing at 4 am.

I have played Mercy, she's fuckin' braindead.
Literally just hold left click the entire game, hid behind a wall when shit goes bad, shift to a dead teammate and rez.

Mercy is fucking easy as shit, I don't know what kind of mental disability you have to think Mercy, much less any fucking character in OW has the depth greater than a fucking kiddie pool.

Being bad at mercy is like drowning in a fucking half inch of water - it's near fucking impossible yet some people can still manage to do it.

This probably works when the entire enemy team is completely braindead. And with entire team i mean all six people. If even one of them is somewhat competent he will you give a fucking shit time, if you play Mercy. I have never seen an enemy flanker that gives up chasing me, just because i went behind a wall. And in 90% of the time your team is just too retarded to defend a Mercy which is under attack.

GO HOME OVERCUCKS

Daily reminder that mercy is the only respectable waifu.

absolutely, she has pretty much everything a sniper could ever want in a video game. she sort of needs these things because of ridiculous shit like flying tanks and competing accurate hit scanners with decent range

being difficult to do well with or vulnerable doesnt mean she has a high skill cap

What have you done with Shadman. He's catering to normalfags now.

It's bad enough you're a gay, don't be a dumb one.

Looks cross-eyed and the belly button piercing looks wrong.

It's lacking that to a higher extent you faggot. Jesus, can people not read anymore?

dont kid yourself

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow you are one shitty mercy player. Yeah I'm sure bringing back that one Hanzo player who keeps getting himself killed is more important than preventing a potential team-wipe when the enemy starts sending their ults in.

You are those Mercy's that revive people just in time to take a Rip Tire to the face.
Spamming your Ulti is as effective as Reaper using his Ulti to kill a single person.

Considering Guardian Angel needs you to go near teammates that are in LoS of your enemies and high-mobility heroes like Tracer, Genji, Dva and Reaper exist, good luck with that.

It's 15. I think it was 50 during the beta, if even then. This shows just how outdated your information is and also how retarded you actuall are to include this point on the same sentence.
Your healing beam is basically a giant glowing sign of "Mercy here" that the enemy team can follow from the hero in full LoS to them back to you, especially telling them you aren't that far behind.

Against whom? I keep seeing this "spam shift as Mercy" meme but they never answer this part.
Your Tank, Offence or other Support standing near you and giving no distance at all?
Your Sniper that has no LoS to you most of the time?
The flankers in your team, that are behind enemy lines and will put you in further risk?

Only time that ability works as an escape mechanism is if someone in your team died, he's coming back to the fight and you can fly to him as he arrives. But that already implies your team is trickling in, good luck winning the match.

I remember some hero chart where it described every hero main player and it had sadistic for Mercy. I now realize how correct it was.

Considering Winston is literally the only good OverWatch character why isn't there more porn of him?
I know he's slammen that Donkey Dong into at least half the women ya know what i'm sayin?

Winston's character in a nutshell.

Except he comes from the moon and he wasn't turned into a monkey.
I'll give you the weird relationship with some scientist that acts as mentor, though.

What did they mean by this?

she who has the information; has the power.

Now they're just being silly with this Sombra shit.

Well, following the previous investigations, that might be an actual code. It ends with == which I heard kinda gives away the encryption method.

The interesting thing is when you see the list of threads in that forum and the post time of that thread in particular. Apparently, it's not going up but rather down, so in 7 or 6 hours, we might get something new…

Disregard that, 5 hours now…

This was mentioned above m80s

Well, one thing that wasn't mentioned is that the binary code you see on that topic is "23". She is gonna be the 23rd hero added to the game, alright.

It will probably just be a preview that drops today and next week some more info and then the week after we get the hero or something. Though I would appreciate everything at once. That'd be super cool.

Sombra when?

blzgdapipro-a.akamaihd.net/media/screenshot/usa-ambas-calaveras.html
Well, here's her skull. Or maybe not. This is the current lead that people have (that code in the glitched page turned out to be another skull, lel)

Some people are speculating this is Ana since the wound matches, but Ana's name is Ana Amari, so it's doubtfull.
Possibly another patient that Mercy treated and, if she joined Talon and is working with Reaper, maybe things didn't work quite well.
Or it could very well just be someone that Sombra wants the players to be aware of, some part of her motivations and goals?

The interesting bit is the eye injury though. Most heroes in Overwatch, especially the former menbers of Overwatch seem to have a central theme where they lost something. Whether a body part or years of life or someone important.

So Sombra is basically qt Mexican hacker girl? Fuck, they stole my idea.

I'd expect them to release Sombra with the Halloween update for maximum spooks. But I hope not, that's far too long to wait…

First Ana now Sombra.

People have a tendency to get shot in the eye don't they?

i used to be le soldier like you until i took a le bullet in the eye

Reinhardt also has a bad eye in his helmetless skins, but its not explained as a bullet wound (yet) as far as I know. Soldier 76 also wears the Star Trek visor normally.

Someone in another post explained the given name is a foreign language version of 'Jane Doe' so it could just be Ana's alias while she was presumed dead. Maybe as a demonstration of Sombra's intel gathering abilities.

Ana also has a line when you play her in Volskaya Industries, where she says, that she shouldn´t be here, because she still is on some "lists". I never knew what she meant exactly with that or why some Russians want to hunt her down, but it all seems to be connected with Sombra.

This is the code used in the Sombra post to glitch the site. It's obfuscated, but from what it seems the whole code tries to refer to fields of the _0x4e04 (Unicode character, not sure which one is it) variable, which is actually strings encoded in hexadecimal. If someone is autistic enough to copypaste each one of them into their web console with 'print("CODEHERE")', you may find something. Or not.

us.battle.net/forums/static/js/vendor/injected/xss-payload.js

I suppose it would indeed be far too direct to just show her true identity like that.

I really ought to see Scrubs one day. Everytime someone posts an image of it, I get the idea that it's a live comedy of a chan happening in an hospital.

I know.

Mercy should get an ability that gives her some armor and pushes everyone around her back. Its unique and useful.

I think a double jump would help a lot. Especially for shutting up widows who refuse to get LOS but ask for heals

actually, I really like the idea of just giving her some natural armor.
She'd be the only hero who can passivly regen armor on her own and it'd help against flankers

I think you might want a man, user. That sounds pretty fucking gay.

Damn, I didn't even think I liked that…
Nigga, das ghey.

If widow is asking for heals they're playing the wrong champion tbh, double jump might be nice though, if only to be able to better follow certain characters in their flanking attempts.

200hp is enough. If you're talking about taking away her health and replacing it with armour though, that might be decent. Although she's already pretty tough to kill as it is, I'm not sure she needs any defensive buffs.

That's what I meant. 100/100 or maybe just 125/75.
True, she's not paper, but while she can whip out her pistol and defend herself, she takes SIGNIFICANTLY longer than all of her 200HP conterparts who all have their weapon drawn and either much more damage (Zen) or survivability and CC (Ana, Lucio). So makeing her beefier woudn't be a problem in my eyes. Woudn't help against high-damage attacks anyway, just pokeshots and flankers.

Besides, with her now 60HPS she does make herself a prime target because she does make her beam targets significantly harder to kill

Lets give reaper's gun to mercy too

maybe user is from the Best Korea?

Kill yourself commie

Thus the constant request for no target to GA. She doesn't need more health or armor instead of health, she needs an actual escape mechanism that's relibable enough you can count on it.
One that requires Mercy to get good at Mercy, not her team to be good at playing with Mercy.

inb5 long ass lecture about pegging being totally not gay

Well, do the balls touch?

Just like sucking your girlfriends cock.

it's not. prostate massages have a natural reaction of making you cum, even if you don't have a raging boner
it's no different from being tickled, except this time it's not your uncle
being gay is being atracted to the oposite sex anyway, you're gay if you want a man to peg you, not gay if it's a female you crave

Also if your GF is trans and she wants you to suck her cock its also totally not gay.

Fuck off retard.

Beast also had a Rage mode

Yeah dude. Think of it like sucking an oversized clitoris that pisses and ejaculates. It's just a cute feminine girl's penis.

p.sure trans cant ejaculate tho fam

Let's not even joke about this before some retard thinks you're serious and comes in talking about they're totally not gay for fucking a guy in drag.

If the person identifies as a female, and you see them as female, how is it gay?

Because it doesn't matter what people call themselves or delude themselves into thinking, it's down to the facts that it's two men.

I don't want to go over this again.
Traps aren't gay

A man fucking a man is about as gay as you can get.

A good Mercy knows where her team is, knows where her team is going to be, and has at least one if not two escape routes already lined up. I can't tell you how often I'm healing the front line and I check behind me to see where I can escape to BEFORE things get hot.

Depending on map and team comp there may be less viable options, but isn't that pretty much the same situation every hero faces?

Not if one of them is wearing a skirt, and the top's penis is bigger than the bottom's, and the bottom's cute.

Yes it is. Just that one of them is wearing a cringe-inducing outfit.

Look, it's only gay if you get fucked in the ass, this is common knowledge.

Someone needs to check their privileges

This. Otherwise majority of people in prison would be gay

You wouldn't be doing the fucking otherwise. It takes two halves to gay-tango.

I feel you man. also source?

Being atracted to cocks is gay, though.
You do know you could even do it yourself, right? If you stimulated your prostrate and came, would that make you gay?

I'm pretty sure Beast didn't changed color in Rage Mode. And he punched shit regardless of mode, never had a cool Tesla Cannon.

Who's behind you then? Who are you gonna jump to?
You never prep those escape routes, your team has to prep them for you, that's what the entire problem is.

At any time during a match, if there's any of your teammates behind you, something wrong already happened. Either your team is trickling in, or it's someone that already died. And considering you only really need to escape when your front line is dead and respawning, there's no one behind you to escape to.

Yes.

There's 1 hour left on the Sombra countdown, right?

Prepare for fucking nothing. At this rate she won't be released until another year from now and instead trickle in other heroes.

I'm well prepared for nothing, I ground out 30 levels during the olympic event.

Amazing

Everything you just said is wrong.

You need to escape from flankers and rushes.

Usually the ranged DPS (sniper/mccree/pharah etc) is going to be positioned on high ground. DO NOT stay with them, stay where you can reach them. That way when an enemy reaper/tracer/genji etc commits to your position you can escape to another position while they are forced to take the long way to get there.

Dodging forward is also a viable option. Anything to create distance, then the flanker chases you and you again dodge back towards where you were. Some call it juking, which is especially accurate if you really don't want to be in that forward position (hence you are tricking him into following when you would have to go back regardless).

The other support is also a good candidate. They have more range on their heals and so tend to be a bit farther back. Lucio likes to get into odd high places as well.

Like I keep saying the trick is to know where your allies are going to be and place yourself where you will have LOS to them without being too close. Sometimes that means on an opposite ledge, sometimes that means constantly flying for that elevation, sometimes

On attack you have slightly fewer options especially since you need to keep moving forward, but you will still tend to have ranged DPS looking for high ground and usually mobile tanks like Dva and Winston to jump to as well.

Where you don't have LoS to them, unless they remenber about you or they need healing.

If you're into gangbanging. You'll be surrounded by at least half the enemy team whom you have to fend off with your blaster and the Genji main.

The other support ideal position is the same position you are in. You could just walk and reach him in the same time since he's standing near you. Their increased range matters little when they still need LoS to the frontline after all.

And I keep telling you that this is only half done by you. If your team doesn't cooperate, they'll often be placed in ways that you can't possibly have LoS at all. Snipers that take a few steps back for cover, for instance. They want cover from the other team but that cover works against you.

GA is good only when your team is spread out around. You get to heal everyone incredibly fast (compared to Zenyatta or Lucio) and moving around preventing ganks. But spread out teams need amazing team coordination or they are asking for an easy defeat.
Not to mention that now, you can essentially do the same thing as Ana, from cover and without even moving there. And her rifle even has longer range than GA, while her Sleep, Grenade and raw DPS outperform a Mercy when it comes to defend herself.

maybe she should hack herself into a better game

Click somba's user image

thanks for the virus asshole

So the Sombra reveal is nothing, just another pls wait for new stuff, get hyped in the meantime whilst we show you nothing at all.

Have any of you been getting shit team match ups?

I've been consistently getting 5 players that vary in rank from 6-17 while the other team will will be in my range at about 70+. I know the xp rank doesn't matter too much but it does let me gauge how experienced each team is.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has been on babysitting duty.

Its probably something, but hopefully this means she's close or is coming out. It's the most direct interaction so far, being a forum post with the standard-issue spooky hacker stuff happening after a moment. I wonder if pic related has anything to do with anything.

Why the fuck do they insist on giving us the update BEFORE posting update notes?

That was a countdown, to which then this page updated with some spic text hidden in the source telling people to wait more.
amomentincrime.com/

I've had unbalanced matches, but nothing that big.

Also, I've been meaning to ask this. I'm only rank 27, and I'm consistently at least 20ish levels under the next lowest ranked player. Does that mean that I'm matched with people who are absolute ass, or does it mean I'm punching above my weight?

I might as well add that, that percentage is going up, really fucking slowly mind you.
It'll probably hit 100% either tomorrow or Friday.

Nope

Translation:

Well done, you have my password. Hacking this TV broadcast was pointless. (wasn't fun or wasn't challenging, it varies) Wait for what's coming next.

It's a game, so it's going to be "meaningless" either way.

PTR ranked is fun, and it's going to be great prep for when season 2 hits live.

im glad im not really in to this arg stuff or id be kind of unhappy

no user! you have to see numbers going up and if the numbers are ever erased at any point then they never meant anything. carve out your legacy

You should see the forums, they are nearly as pissed as they were with the summer boxes.

entertainment! silver linings i guess

Is it me, or are both Genji and Hanzo pretty shitty characters? Genji gets outclassed in non-ultimate DPS by pretty much all other attack heroes, and Hanzo is outclassed in everything but ultimate by Widowmaker. I have been playing for a while and I haven't seen any of them doing anything productive before getting their ultimates.

Worst thing is they seem to be many people's characters of choice, going as far as having two Hanzos or two Genjis in the same team seem as common. Reaper is almost as common, but at least Reaper can do useful stuff without his ult.

I find that Genji and Hanzo are picked mostly for the ult. If they're played in their proper role they do just fine Genji as a flanker that can blitz down a Mercy in no time flat and Hanzo as a mid range sniper.

But in QP you have people who play Genji like he's reaper and Hanzo like he's Widowmaker and it just doesn't work too well

Yup, I despair everytime I get a Hanzo or Genji on my team because I know they're going to be a non-contribution, in addition it'll always be a Hanzo on offence or a Genji on defence, just to add salt to the wound.

I hope the nerf to Genjis ult and jumping encourages all the retards to move to something simpler where they can make a decent contribution.
It's a shame they're making Hanzo a easier longer range sniper by increasing his arrow speed, alongside increasing projectile sizes, bad Hanzos are going to be even more numerous when the patch reaches public.

what rank were you? Becuase genji carried HARD in the 60s particularly. There's a reason he's getting triple-nerfed

Hanzo's ult is just a loudly announced attack that players can just walk away from. It requires synergy with another ult like Zarya's or smart placement and timing to be used well.
Shitters are incapable of coordination and skilled play so I'd actually prefer Widow's ult because at least wallhacks are almost always helpful compared to a flaccid dragon attack that did absolutely nothing.

Nothing triggers me more. A friend of mine does this all the time because apparently Genji is a pro character and all the characters I pick are noob characters, or so he says.

Just reached 66 today. Haven't seen many good Genjis, although that may be because I am playing on a PS4 and controller aiming is just shit.

Thing is, Widowmaker's ultimate already outclasses Hanzo's radar arrow BY LARGE. WM just doesn't have any AoE bursts, but who cares if it happens at best five times in a 10 minute game. I dunno, if you want to shoot from the hip as a sniper even Ana may be better. Fuck, McCree is better as a mid-range sniper than Hanzo if you can aim consecutive shots properly.

Considering most of the game is tiny hallways next to one big hallway this isn't always true at all.

56, considering Blizzard are saying anyone in the 60s were in the top 6% of players, that doesn't fill me with much hope then.

A friend of mine does this in fighting games and it pisses me off. Like, nigga, if only shitters play Akuma, how come you can't beat my Akuma?

I can't imagine playing this with a controller. It must be so slow.

well, you hardly see as many widomakers these days, even though shes still fantastic. but her nerfs were much more straightforward or simple, directly affecting even the worst widowmakers.
the genji chances are something the worst genjis wont really notice aside from maybe the ult duration, but it should still be sufficient to kill the one carrying your team (you).

That explains everything

I think it was 65 in the top 6%. That's still pretty much par for the course. If you are playing a casual-core shooter and you aren't top 5% you must be really, REALLY bad at videogames.

I just fine him a pain in the ass to deal with when shooting him can fuck you up. He can counter most Ults too.

Which is still better than every other generic as shit Overwatch character.
Winston is the only decently written person.

this is bait

What do you say to someone trying to find an explanation as to why people respawn and why allies (e.g. Roadhog & junkrat or Pharah & Ana) can fight each other in Overwatch?

Apparently, it's a videogame isn't good enough, everything has to be like Dark Souls with an explanation for everything.
Fuck me for being friends with a literature student tbh

I knew I was in low rank hell even at the mid 50s, fucked up for getting 5-5 in my placements tbh.

Lore was an afterthought in Blizzard's eyes.
I'd say anyone looking to find an in-universe reason for all that is going to end up thoroughly disappointed.

Because FUCK the red team

Its a videogame not a story. It has stories within it but it has no internal logic.

If he's going to make shit up for a game that doesn't address any of that because the story's completely unimportant, then why the fuck doesn't he just fanwank something?

I will admit D.Va is kind of braindead since she doesn't rely on positioning, but she is pretty fucking useful, and using her damage output to her fullest is somewhat "difficult". Genji is indeed harder to use, but I had rather play something useful.

It's shit. Some years ago I used to be a consolefag and played FPS and TPS all day erryday because that's mostly what the Xbox 360 had to offer, and I sucked serious ass; built myself a PC, start playing shooters that weren't CS:S and suddenly I became a kill machine. Seriously, controllers may be the dumbest input peripheral for aiming ever invented.

I am considering getting it for PC just for that reason. Don't feel bad, I have been playing on a friend of mine's PS4 until now so it's not like I will pay twice for it.

I really hope this is bait.

Considering this is a game that has put some effort in lore, and considering that characters do say relevant stuff to each other or comment on their deaths on respawn, I don't think it is too stupid to try to find a reason for it. I mean, OW's writing is pretty simple, but if they bothered adding some background that isn't even necessary for the enjoyment of the game, I would expect them to think of, at least, an excuse to all the skirmishes happening in the game. Fuck, even fucking LoL had an in-game explanation for everything. I would expect Blizzard to come up with something better than motherfucking Riot.

Being realistic, though, and unless they do a 180 and go balls to the wall with DEEPEST LORE, I doubt this can happen. LoL had the excuse that only competitive games can be "canon", hence why each champ can only be present one time per game; OW allows for one in each team, so they should explain it with clones or something. OW lore is at that point where it seems they may be trying to do something with it, but we all know that won't happen. A shame, because with a little more of work it had potential as some over-the-top sci-fi story.

I'm okay with the story not being too deep. We get little bits of lore from there banter and when some of them kill eachother or what they have to say about the map they're on.

i heard a theory saying its winston and athenra running simulations to see if bringing back overwatch is a viable goal. but i dont believe that and i dont think its a theory that can hold up as more events unfold.

theres no reason for it to be, we have motion controls now. worked out for splatoon didnt it?

no

I don't remember if I ever posted before but I won a cool Winston plush from a Blizzard contest.
I don't play Winston.

That looks mad huggable

HEH

Ziegler's technology has been perfected but also stolen by Talon. See those ships where you start the round? You're "cloned" there and sent back to the fight.
Not cloned as in, a new body is made available for you, but "cloned" as in how Reaper teleports around. Your body dissapears from the battlefield and relocates in your ship, is repaired and sent back out.

Omnics are easier, a new body is reassembled and their conscience transfered there.

It's a pretty good size, too. Got it sitting on my dresser right now until I figure out a better spot.

might also explain how reaper can feed off of death.

What was the contest?

I kind of like Zenyatta myself. Maybe I'm not all that familiar with the sci-fi genre to know better (I know the topic of robots having souls is pretty common in sci-fi) but the specific idea of a bunch of robots treating going rogue as a sort of spiritual awakening for them and forming a sort of tibetan monk inspired monastery around the philosophy that they have attained souls seems pretty original to me.

They were basically just giving away leftover stuff meant to be sold at conventions. Grand prize got a kickass art print and stuff, first prize winners got a bunch of different figures, and second prize winners got Winston or a stuffed baby dragon from Warcraft.

I think he means the characters seem one-dimensional and very clearly trying to fit in some predefined archetypes, not that their backgrounds are bad. I found Widowmaker, D.Va and Tracer's backgrounds to be pretty original, but for example, Widowmaker's personality reduces to "I have been brainwashed and I just kill because it's the only thing that makes me horny right now". Same goes for Reaper, more or less.

Hopefully, we'll get more details on their story down the line, like Reinhart having that castle to tell the story of the Crusaders and his brother.

Not exactly. The point in most sci-fi is that "soul" is something that not even humans are sure they have one but robots try to attain it because they consider it the top achievement in their quest for inteligence. Much like humans wanting godhood, I suppose.
The interesting bit in sci-fi comes from the logical analysis that robots make of what constitutes a soul, what it means to have one and how they go about getting one.
One of the greatest examples is quite possibly the Tachikomas in Ghost in the Shell that try to have a conversation with Batou about what souls are and he doesn't know how to answer them.

fuck, I keep getting post errors when I try to post anything longer than a twitt.

Jeff can't keep his mouth shut.
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748714917

I sincerely doubt this will actually happen. Still a shitty thing to think about, though.

That's what lots of people are saying, I still hate how the cocksuckers are still trying to defend it and literally begging Jeff to fuck them over.

Maybe part of the reason it's being talked about at all is because that's what they've started doing with Hearthstone. The difference between banning cards and banning characters are huge, obviously, but someone who doesn't actually into video games might not see the problem. Or maybe they just love Blizzard cock, who knows.

We don't have any plans to retire any heroes. The interviewer asked if there was a possibility that this could ever happen and I "left the door open". The original poster in this thread did not even link to the original article but rather to an article quoting the article in question.

Still though.
What the fuck?

Leaving the door open is still something a lot of us are not happy about.

Before it was killed off, Dawngate's devs said that if a character were to ever die in its story, that they'd consider giving those characters spirit or ghost skins with possible new dialogue to represent their new deceased status in the lore.

If Blizz wants to do something with the story that'll affect the game, like if they wanted to make a character who looks and fights similarly to 76, either make a clone character with a different enough moveset, or make that character a SUPER LEGENDARY skin option with his own voice lines. Outright removing playable chararacters makes no sense, and can only discourage people from playing the game.

Kikes and nu-males love to make soft statements like that. It's so you can't catch them saying stupid things that they can't immediately beat around the bush with.

That would actually be pretty neat

Or they could just make a sequel to give and take any heroes they want.

Nope. When you consider how many normalfags play it and how horrible they are and how few people are left from the quake era you had better be up there.

Top 5% isn't even a small group given the number of people playing. Most people at 65 still can't shoot worth a damn and those that can have some other difficiency.

Stop you right there.
Quake skills translate quite well to Overwatch but not all of them do and they aren't enough to do well in the game. Far from it.
Map knowledge, proper positioning, timing, aiming and dodging can be "imported" but the way each hero plays, both on your hands and in the hands of your oponent are quite different from the rocket shooting, rail blasting oponents from Quake. You'd have a point if everyone was a Tracer with Pharah's and Widow's gun, but this is not the case.

Stop establishing comparions of skill between 2 wildly different games, please. You might as well compare player's skills in RTS as well, since both need map knowledge as well.

I am wondering, if any of you are on the forums, please leave your opinions.

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748705000

Where are my screencaps to laugh at?

Actually my comparison was more to the effect that the audience of shooters has gotten progressively worse since then. It's not so much that the skills translate automatically, just that the playerbase was way more concentrated at the enthusiast level.

These days the appeal to casuals has brought so many of them in, but no more (and probably less) of the old core players, that the skill pools are extremely diluted.

If you are an "average" overwatch player you are an average casual. If you were ever an "average" quake player you were an average core gamer. To say that puts you in the 95th percentile in any game is probably an understatement.

I only ever buy a game if I'm willing to pay for what I am getting and no more. My only assumption is that they don't make things worse in the future in some unavoidable way at least until I'm done with it. So to me the game is already enough, or I wouldn't have bought it.

As for the lootboxes in particular, I have absolutely no respect for the idiots who would spend money on that tripe, so if blizzard wants to exploit them I feel like they deserve it.

:^)

Like this?

Thank you

Any mainstream game at least.

Something more niche, like for example NS2, and the casuals don't touch it (or at least don't stick to it), so you have a much more concentrated skill pool. There's still a million miles of difference between the low, middle, and top end there, it's just lacking the endless sea of mouthbreathers at the bottom.

Here is another.

Carefull. This translates so well to "autism and elitism" you gotta choose carefully how you say it.

And I'll repeat the same point. The skills required to play Overwatch are not the same required to play Quake. There are only Medkits with a very generous respawn time. No armor pickups to control, no fixed weapon spawn points or shards to farm.
Map control is not about cycling locations to maximize the resources available to you, it's about breaking the defenses of an entire team using your kit and your oponent's kit.

That's just map awareness and control and how it differs so greatly from Quake and similar games.
Once you get to the weapons, it even more different since not everyone is playing Pharah and spamming rockets for aerial direct hits.
There are a lot of different weapons and consequentially, different aproaches to combat, especially considering your role and how it relates to what you do (Defense Heroes not being about the kills but the stalling, damage and area denial instead), things that have little to no equivalent to Quake.

I get what you are coming from, the large amount of casuals means that there's a fuckload of trash players. But the same large amount means that those 6% can very well be several thousands of players.
In fact, 6% of the 7 millions of sales they got in the first week is 420.000 players. I dunno how many Quake used to have, especially good players, but that's already a fuck load of players to compete with.

Guess overwatch 'expansions' are confirmed

smh

That's my point.

If you are in the top 5% you are one of half a million players. To say that there are even half a million players who are actually good is probably an overstatement in itself.

What? I bought the standard, is there one below that?

Yeah

people who dont own the game

Oh well, can't do anything about that, anyway, looks like the thread will be buried.

t. steamfoxxe

I just saw a video about blizzard saying that console and pc will be getting separate balance patches, they're going to nerf widowmaker on console too?

And consoles can't change aim sensitivity?
lmao

I wonder if console diablo 3 players got fucked over like this too

Why would they nerf Widow on consoles? I could sort of understand the Tor nerf because aiming on a controller is strictly slower and less accurate so it's harder to do corner peaks to kill the turret without taking damage from it but Widow should be like borderline garbage to play on a controller unless she's getting way too much aim assist or something.

hehehe
Stop trying to make blizzard live up to their words you ungrateful cunts, things can go wrong

The fuck is this

so is his default aim at the floor or is aim assist pointing AWAY from the genji when he jumps?

Why is it always the high rank players that refuse to communicate? Better than 50/50 odds if I get matched with someone on Masters in PTR they won't be in voice. Top 500s were even worse about it in season 1. Even if there were top 500s on both teams they'd never communicate anything as if they thought they could still solo carry anyway.

Guessing the former.

Well if they're not communicating and are still in higher mmr, maybe they ARE solo carrying.

And then we lose.

Wow maybe you shouldn't be such shitty teammates user

I just realized if you cut out everyone exept for Ana, 76, Toblerone and Phara, it looks like thw cover to a hardcore loli porno