When Did It Go Wrong: Bioware

1. Best written work of each series you played.

2. When did each series you played go downhill?

3. Who are the better characters in the worse Bioware stuff?

4. Lastly could you list an example of a major change in a Bioware work you'd do?

Considering BG and Icewind dale was Black Isle, Bioware has never done a good game outside of Dragon Age: Origins.

Mass effect 1
Dragon Age 1
Shattered Steel?
MDK2, though not as well written as MDK1, imo, but bioware didn't make that one.
Jade Empire

Mass Effect 2
Dragon age 2
-the rest didn't get sequels

When did it go right? Bioware has never made a single good game in their entire existence. Obsidian only made sequels that weren't complete shit to Biohazard's trash.

But BG 1&2 was made by BioWare. Black Isle was the publisher

Their reputation comes from the fact that they were the only ones making RPGs at all around the time they released DAO and Mass Effect.

mass effect 2, dragon age origins
mass effect 3. Dragon age 2 was rushed, but i liked the plot
blackwall, javik
lore-friendly and "realistic" gameplay, like in mass effect 1 and origins. You don't need to take away the action to do it. Example: few enemies have shields in mass effect 3. "Armor" doesn't make sense. Enemies must not have tons of health and make little damage, and PC must not make tons of damage but have little health. It wasn't like that in DA:O, and the game was fun. Why did you change shit? In mass effect 1 there was a problem, spectre weapons were OP. Geth should have had just as powerful weapons.

I like when companies poll in a straightforward way.

they never did anything good faglord

ME1 and I'll say Dragon Age 2, because Dragon Age has always been terrible but 2 at least seemed like it was written by Tommy Wiseau

ME2 and DA was never good.

Mordin

Keep ME science fiction rather then turn it into a politically driven soap opera written by children.

I'll only talk about ME because I've never played another franchise from Bioware (and I don't want to, especially after ME3).

1. Mass Effect 2

2. Mass Effect 2 ending I didn't like the idea of making a human reaper and turning Cerberus into the "big bad enemy"

3.Mordin and Wrex

4. I'd like a change of scale, It's always been about muh galaxy but I wish it was about something smaller, a menace in a system or a quadrant, and with a story based on more people and not just on a random dude/grill from the Alliance.
I wish each decision had a real impact on the story and the universe, more grey decisions too. My femshep wasn't born on Earth, why would she fight for that planet in ME3?

Let's stick with series with more than 1 entry made by them:
Baldur's Gate 2 (dat dark elf waifu romance)
NWN: Horde of the Underdark
Dragon Age 1
Mass Effect 2 (individual scenarios, even if they had dick to do with the plot), Mass Effect 1 (overall plot)
still waiting on news of Jade Empire 2

BG - never
NWN - got better as time went on but I didn't much care for the Diamond expansions
DA - 2 killed it
ME - 2 was a step in the wrong direction but was at least decent. 3 killed it

Garrus is bro-tier no matter how bad the game.
Liara and Leliana - what can I say? I'm a sucker for potential lipstick lesbian romance characters mods don't hurt either

destroy Earth immediately in ME3. Fucking nuke it. Why?
Restores the focus of Mass Effect (we used to give a shit about a galaxy, not a planet). Gives Shepard a motivation for revenge (renegade actions are much more appropriate with a vengeance driven shep and maintaining a paragon facade would be a sign of great resolute character)

of course, an even greater change would be to never remove Drew Karpyshyn from the project

even if you hate their RPGs, Shattered Steel is a damn good mech game

What a horrible time to be alive.

>posting furpokeshit

tbh, Bioware's writing has been pretty mediocre
I replayed mass effect recently and forgot how cringey a lot of the writing is

Recently tried to play through ME1 again, but man, it hasn't aged well. It had been years since I last played it, but I thought I would have a better time.

Their, arguably, best remembered game is Baldur's Gate 2. BG2 did not have good writing, it did have a lot of writing however, and that and the sheer amount of content masked how awful it tended to be.

If you think modern BioWare romances are shit you haven't experienced what BG2 romances were like.

Their, arguably, best remembered game is Baldur's Gate 2. BG2 did not have good writing, it did have a lot of writing however, and that and the sheer amount of content masked how awful it tended to be.

If you think modern BioWare romances are shit you haven't experienced what BG2 romances were like.

1. BG2 and Shattered Steel.

2. When some third party faggots picked up BG series instead of leaving it in the ditch, and they never made a sequel to Steel.

3. Fuck, I don't know, I haven't bothered with BW games since their Interplay/Black Isle days.

4. Between the faggy devs there now and being owned by EA, I'd say just light it on fire and double tap the company for good measure.

What about the siege of dragonspear?

Siege of Dragonspear wasn't made by Bioware. It was developed by Overhaul

The guys at Black Isle were still looking over their shoulders and keeping them somewhat in line, though. If it weren't for them, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 probably would have been very different games.

Using frostbite.
Bad company 1or2 had a minimum res of 1024x768. Shows they don't know what they are doing. Affects the rest of them.

Anything with "europe" in it's title is degenerate. Everyone at "dice" should be taken out and shot.

Bioware went wrong when they used frostbite for Dragon Age 3.

I haven't played it and i'm not sure I will even for Morrigan.

Tesselation in Dragon Age 2 was great and shows it is now a required thing, like lens flares, depth of field and motion blur.

Imitation myspace aka facebook is degenerate and scum conforming to degeneracy is to be expected having sold themselves to it.

Good people are venreble. Not a new thing to see them exploited and taken credit for by cowards.

Mass Effect 3 had a good ending. Disregard scene parastites and the people cowardly enough to pay attention to them.

Whatever such student scum touch they try to make past tense.

Bioware could come good if they used a better engine. The story of Dragon Age should put in in everyone's top 10. Gameplay needs to be direct as in Demon's Souls. Demon's Souls isn't perfect but it's in the right direction. Selecting attack is very bad gameplay. Need to focus on avoiding, countering using the environment etc.

Switching to battle mode could put the rest kf the world in low res DOF to increase framerate and reduce input lag. Physics based movement so animations vary and ALL terrain becomes part of play.

Out of combat framerate and mechanics can be much worse to facilitate visuals. Keep detail to the horizon to make the DOF transition able to happen everywhere. That extra rock detail has spoilt me in a good way, ground detail, building chip detail. Dragon Age 2 looked great.

For consoles they need to use a lower res. Limit the polys of characters, despite the rest of games wasting them. Make sure what is shown represents things instead of tries to be them. Lore can help.

Few want to read now. So fast voices need to speak long lore. Images need to replace what they can. People would rather look breifly at an image or several for a general idea than to read lore. And if it can be drawn it can be made 3D, so it doesn't need to be seperate at all. All explanations can go into landscapes.

Game needing no translation because no words are said. Characters speaking with land and action. Romance without suggestion.

Jennifer Helper and co can make more sense of her work by saying how what is said can be translated to form.

Dialogue as an extra option for the PC version. Present as they explain by other means. Subtitles for the blind or deaf. Rumble for both. Maybe some are lucky only to communicate in sex.

Make a thread when you have something that warrants killing another one.

1. Mass Effect 1 was the most well written and consistent in their established lore in the entire trilogy.
Dragon Age: Origins was alright and had a few interesting bits like the Dwarves and Loghain. It went much more downhill as the series went on.

2. Mass Effect 2 is where the problems began to surface when they got rid of most of the staff who worked on the first one. It turned a Babylon 5-esque setting of galactic intrigue into a themepark of shooting blue dudes behind cover.

Dragon Age 2 was dumbed down heavily in gameplay and in writing, from implementing the terrible dialogue wheel to the god awful handling of the Mage/Templar conflict and the entire Meredith fight sequence.

3. Mordin was probably the best squad member in ME2, mainly because he was actually integral to main quest. All the other people you gather for your squad are just random dudes that have nothing to do with anything except their daddy issues.

4. I would probably bring back the stats from ME1 to ME2.

BG1
NWN: SoU (actually made by ex-LGS devs with input from Bioware)
Mass Effect (Thanks to Chris L'etoile)
DA:O (Least shitty I guess.)
They also made the worst entries in other series but since this is about Bioware I can't mention the good games like MDK or KotOR 2.
MDK with MDK2, which was the only MDK they made.
Dragon Age was shit to begin with.
Mass Effect with ME2.
Baldur's Gate with TotSC mostly because of the werewolf romance.
NWN and KotOR never went downhill.
They're pretty much the same in every game since they use a formula. I usually like the warrior dude with honour and the tryhard juvenile psychopath.
I'd put Chris L'etoile in charge of the Mass Effect series instead of Mac the Hack.

Dragon Age Origins was a shitty single player MMO.

Bioware were always going to go downhill once BG got such widespread praise despite not being particularly well written. Why aspire to improve when your current work is already claimed to be some of the best in the genre?

I don't give a fuck what anyone says. NWN's modability combined with online play makes it top-tier. It was probably the first game to have a totally customizable server.

Go back to the BioWare forums.

Anyway, Mass Effect 3 was trash long before the ending (see the trial, Galactic Empire Cerberus, the nerfing of the Reapers). The ending was of course shoddy, but that's what you should expect from trying to end a war against an enemy established early on as not beatable in just one game.

What? It's a bad attempt at being a modern clone of Baldur's Gate, but it's the furthest thing from a fucking MMO in existence. Don't bea retard.

I'd say Mass Effect 1 was the last game of theirs I'd consider truly good, despite the shit combat and very binary morality system. Things started to go downhill with ME2 and DA2, DA2 was worse but ME2 was still fun if nonsensical in terms of plot. It started the trend of dumbing down and diversity pandering started creeping in as the old team slowly drained out.

Inquisition is the final result, and I can't wait to see just how bad Andromeda will be when Currynigger finishes shitting it out.

tfw there'' never be Jade Empire 2

The idea for the gameplay was decent. Allowing for a certain amount of automated attacks, but you could pause and essentially play it a bit like a turn based game if you wanted to.

Even the setup for branching the story was decent enough and the way they arranged for party members to have conversations with each other was quite a bit different.

Was also kinda neat having side characters just standing around that had their own conversations.

Shame the game sucked as the writing was complete dog shit.

1. Morrigan and Sten's dialogue was well done.

2. They started to dissapoint the moment after the character generator was finished. ME & DA are the exceptions. If Planescape is included then of course that too.

3. Nothing was memorable about the bad diablo clones that couldn't even get the camera focused on the character, which along with different lookin characters, changed with clothing, is essential for it to be enjoyable. VHS post processing could make them playable now. Grimdark the hell out of it.

4. Hmmn, pressure.
2 Games
Game 1:
Top down Diablo clone with party members set to play as directed by a gambit/tactics system.

Freeroaming talk to everyone.

Very grim. Primarily translucent stained glass blood red, bright white, blacks. Shiny.

Animated landscape at 60fps. Different layers for a 3D look. Complex shadowing.

Series of different attacks. Run button as an auto attack button. Constantly depleting stamina.

Slow depletion of health as time passes. Need to grind simply to stay alive. Grind before big fights, extra abilities by area that are lost outside of it.

Vast areas, some as filler that look the same designed to get the player lost in and keep them lost there.

Good lonely audio. Mist, bogs. Can attack anything and may have to to survive. Others similar, understandable enemies.

Playing weaker, hard mode, with the best gameplay and story. All items built to last and deserve an eternity. Silver. It's made over lifetimes or remains unfinished. Using unfinished things easy mode too.

They're copied, presenting them damns them. Killing the copiers so it's completed a remedial task after using something incomplete. Or complete it yourself, continue it. Take it somewhere dangerous so only deserving adventurers will find it or where things are like it so those goig to the heart of an area find it.

Complex hair strands or clothing to continue to sway as character stops and starts. Grass and other things similar.

Weather effects, lightning. Blue a rare colour. Where there's blue there's green. Which means herds of food. Story of people held and fed upon. Which isn't right. Nor them spreading the blue and green. Without them everything dies, but the rest built off them falsifies it. Other places ritualised, farmers and small towns. Cities looking to make them the same.

Unwelcome problems to a grander world.
Make food live better. Part of expeditions to enable further travel. Move them far away, too far from parasites to venture from the caves they've crawled back to. Too dangerous for the rest to risk themselves, too much where they are to sate them. A couple or an individual can go there out of adventure themselves, and be fed upon by the starving. Seeing immense grandeur, but children fed on too, prized as they mean life. Great blowjobs.

Game 2:
Morrigan and the Player, or Sten and the Player for girls, venture out into the unknown.

Morrigan needing to be kept satisfied she's the only one. Sten from killing everything in sight.

The world just to test their affections. Decide the backstory yourself. Personally wiping out the templars, mages etc for Morrigan being mine. Going on because the rest don't matter. Even a dangeously disaproval warranting happy ending for what was behind, more sensible. A finalle elsewhere. Darkspawn contentedly scouring and flaying templar scum. Leiliana died left with the first town long ago. Homo elf, rescuing her or something.

Zevran. Morrigan dressed up as Leliana seducing Zevran, then switching with Leiliana, losing her virginitiny in epic fashion treated as a better woman. No longer lesbian/french.

Going along doing romantic misdeeds along the way.

Why on earth would it? They had nothing to do with the game at all, besides making the engine.