How MGS6 could be successful

It'll have to be the story of The Boss and the Cobra Unit during WWII, first off.

Secondly, Konami should do away with the micromanaging shit from PW and TPP. Sure, it worked for those two games, but I don't think it'll apply so much in this case.

They should have a semi-open world in the style of GZ but on a larger scale with German/Italian/Japanese strongholds to infiltrate/destroy (think The Saboteur).

On that note, there should be several maps that coincide with the state of the war. Maybe you could start in Russia and end in Berlin?

Every Cobra Unit member should be playable and should retain their special abilities with the ability to switch at any time via a parachute or fulton. However, I don't think that the buddy system should make a return as it would make the game really, really easy.

They need to bring back the original VA's for all the characters too, and maybe the romance between Sorrow and Joy could be expanded upon. You guys have anything to add?

That would be a disaster because they would either need to retcon a fuck load of things to do anything or just end up taking a piss on the backstory.

They only hope of having success in the future is to start a brand new arc with new characters in the same universe.

They're too obsessed with historical revisionism and pretending Nanking ever happened. Sorry, user.

*never happened

I don't think so, user, because the backstory on The Boss is already kind of there. It just needs to be expanded upon a little more, and WWII would be an interesting time to do it in.

Oh shit, user, I didn't think about that

It didn't happen though.

You sure are an "idea guy" OP.

Nigger, it’s over. Dead and buried.

Also, good boss fights need to be present, and we should still have encounters with exceptional magic soldiers since that seems to be a running theme.

As far as an actual Metal Gear goes, why not go the route that MGS4 did and say that the Nazis secretly wanted to produce something like Irving in which a highly destructive, mechanized weapon could be mass produced to secure victory for their side?

Oh, and vehicle usage should return too. No helicopters though.

It could be good by not existing and Konami going bankrupt. But we all know neither will ever happen.

but we all know it's coming because money

Yeah its there… but SHOULD they go fucking around with that. While it's neat in concept, I don't really want to see them start going further and further back into the MGS timeline and start messing around with shit that happened back then. Knowing that The Boss kicked ass in WW2 is enough for me.

If you're desperate for older stuff, why not set it up so that there was an enemy unit similar to the cobras and you play as an unknown airborne trooper stuck behind enemy lines, tasked with finding and destroying the enemy cobra unit.

I don't want anymore characters getting destroyed by exploring the timeline, the mystique of Big Boss was ruined after PW/TPP

you might be on to something, user

Desperate faggots like you will eat any shit so long as it's labeled Metal Gear. Don't worry, Konami will fill your trough you hungry pig, just don't expect the rest of us to acknowledge it as anything other than the slop it is. Metal Gear is better than what Konami will end up doing with it, and it's better than faggots like you. You're a shame to Metal Gear fans everywhere OP. Consider suicide. Also nice reddit formatting, take your fagfiction back to them.

Every God damn time.

Try convincing the Japanese to blow up their countrymen in a game as a US super soldier

Why? One main reason that MGSV and 4 sucked, is because they kept changing the environments and there wasn't any direct focus. MGS works best when it's a single environment.

Again, no. One big thing about why MGS was always popular, especially with boss fights, is that despite being "the best soldier", Snake is completely ordinary with no super soldier abilities, whereas all of his opponents are more dexterous, stronger, bigger or more skilful.

MGS is dead. There's nothing left in the series. Just let it go.

At the very least release a complete mission 51.

Well that wasn't where I was going with it but in a perfect world: yes