CS:GO

Anyone have any tips for gitting gud at CS:GO? I can't seem to get a kill to save my life, it's like I just don't have the reflexes. Really I just want to be good enough to have fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/rotten_human
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My advice would be to play a better game.

It's hard to find decent multiplayer fps's with a consistent online life any more.

also, I used to have a lot of fun on the original Counter Strike but for whatever reason this one just seems autistically difficult.

I hope I'm not just getting old.

go into a offline server and practice recoil patterns and shit. Anyway, last time I played was probably last year september or something like that, I am not up to date anymore. I also don't think that it is worth it.

Killing floor is a good co-op game that still has people playing.
You might be able to find people playing unreal tournament.
Quake 3 might have people playing.

Here's a tip.
GO play a better game.

Just use the shotgun and wait for retards to run around corners.

Maybe not. The fact I can't play a real game till I'm level one already is putting me off.

Killing Floor is pretty great for co-op, but I'm looking for a more competitive game. Last I checked Unreal Tournament was ded… which is really sad.

Use a very low mouse sensitivity. About so low that it takes 40 cm of horizontal movement with the mouse for your character to turn around 360 degrees.

If you don't have large enough mousemat for this, get one.

Be a little autist and practice for an hour every day on those practice maps. Honestly though the game is most entertaining if you play with friends at low levels when nobody know what is going on.

The only way to be good at CSGO is to have autism. Same goes for any other Valve game. CS:GO isn't a bad game at all, but it panders directly to autists.

learn at what height the heads will be be, sit on a corner like a bitch and dont move

congratulaions you are a {X-X l333t pro dark mlg shephiroth gaymer X-X}

Play a lot. Play in pubs, arms race too. Play hundreds upon hundreds of hours.

uninstall.exe

Get a sprayer-like gun, and run and gun around the map. Always move around and be a noob basically.

After maybe a game or 10 you are going to get into a groove that's hard to stop, if you play against normal players and not some really good players.

I would think Holla Forums would love all their games then.

If you don't mind having screencaps of your PC being taken secretly, osu! is a good way to git gud at reaction time and aiming.

horrible balance is the problem. Everything Valve touches has bad balanced and is only ever fun for noobs. Left 4 Dead 2 is easier than the first one, cs:go is easier than previous cs games, even dota got fucked up by them.

TF2 might be more your style. CSGO is only good for griefing.

The 'tism is a spectrum, user. Jaded spergs that just want to play video games are a far cry from Furries and russian esports children spending 1200$ a month on skins.

The real way to git gud is to spend dozens of hours learning autistic recoil patterns (this is absolutely mandatory), and then spending dozens of hours learning the maps and their established meta (camping/sniping spots, grenade throws, wallbangs, routes and rotations, etc), and then spending dozens of hours learning to deal with the game and shoot consistently (cursor positioning, movement control, tons of minor engine 'features'), and then finally you can focus on things 'reaction time', 'aiming', and most importantly Good RNG.
It's a lot of busywork and arbitrary barriers to entry like with many ASSFAGGOTS, and it's all changed just as often to keep you chasing your own tail as long as they're selling gun recolors, so expect to re-learn maps and patterns every patch.

I know a couple of groups that host UT pretty regularly. But if you're trying to find a game by just server browsing- yeah you're fucked.

what sucks is that it really is a fun arena shooter. Better than most multiplayer games that try to emulate that sort of gameplay, sucks that it seems to have failed.

also, on a side note, after taking the advice in the thread and turning my mouse sensitivity all the way up I'm actually not doing too bad now, so that's a plus.

still don't know if I'm having fun, but it's something.

I know how you feel on CS. I played a lot of it. The game is slow and boring and lacks any of the actual cool custom shit of the older games like 1.6 or Source. You're only going to feel good when you're doing good, and the game is only as fun as the people you're playing with. When I started getting bored with the game, me and a friend would break out SLAM and start micspamming some games. Used some UT/Quake effects when people did things like get headshots, double kills, etc. Dropped some jams in the pre-game, called timeouts and played jazz music. Occasionally played some comeback jams or some chill tunes if the lobby was feeling it. Some people loved this and thought it was awesome, some people hated us and raged hard. Either way, the reactions from people became the only fun to be had from CS:GO.

If you're looking for a multiplayer FPS fix, CS:GO will satiate you for a bit, but ultimately you'll wind up hating the game and yourself. You'll either have to stick to singleplayer FPS, or find communities/make friends who will play some older games with you. When you get bored with CS, you should probably try changing genres for a bit. I checked out fighting games, and those are fun as hell.

Use the AK and M4 and nothing else because Valve has fucked all the other guns. Seriously why are the shotguns literally useless. I shot somebody in the back at point blank range with a pump action and he didn't die despite taking 2 bursts. He killed me and even he thought it was a load of shit. I could destroy people on source with a pump action shotty.

CS:GO is still pretty shit, but you know.

It doesn't.

Isn't CS:GOy as kosher as DOTA regarding matchmaking?

fuck off

CS:GO is the only non-casual game that is actually alive out there. It's the only game that gave me the feeling of "frag or be fragged" like Quake 3 used to.

Practice, practice, practice. Your motor skills must be fucking pristine for you to be able to do things you see people doing in actual competitions.

Drink coffee to minimize your reaction time. Do things that improve your motor skills.

I recently picked up piano again as a way to warm up my hands before playing CS, and the difference is amazing. If you don't play an instrument, I suggest you try Typing of the Dead as an alternative.

I'm struggling to rank up because I largely soloqueue. If you live in the EU - I'll be happy to team up with you and show you the ropes.

CS:GO can make you feel like a god, if you put in time.

steamcommunity.com/id/rotten_human

Add me if you're interested.

TF2 is casual garbage.

Silver IV detected

Same goes for you. You just need to git gud.

why don't you do something productive instead, like losing your virginity?

I already lost it. My girlfriend likes watching me play CS:GO because according to her "watching me be the best compared to others is hot".

Hobbies are hobbies, user. You get about 8 hours of free time a day, that's plenty of time to get good at something.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I just bought Quake Live because I wanted to play something like it. So far I played a couple of matches and had a blast. It's fills that niché of "I want to play a competitive fps a bit" for me without CSGO's drawbacks (russian autist teammates, competent valve software engineering, 40minutes for a single fucking game, etc.)

Also. OP, have more fps, experience with the mouse sensitivity as people suggested here, find what works best for you, there are shiton of guides on that and other tweaks online. Learn or at least read up on how the guns' recoil works. I never was an avid cs player, but a couple of months ago I started playing kind of regularly without caring too much about it and I slowly got better at it. I would say if you don't have "friends" to play with, don't play CSGO, doesn't worth it.

did you get triggered or what

Shoulda stuck with Quake 3 if you want a quickie tbh fam

Quake Live is casualized as fuck

Isn't setting up Q3 a chore at this point? I regret giving Zenimax any of my money tho.

I dunno m8 I just bought it on Steam and it works. It's like a couple bucks, too.

whatever you say user

Sorry it was meant for

It's autistically difficult because it has a much higher skill curve that others. However, when you're good - you're damn fucking good.

Turn down your sensitivity, for the love of God. Your eDPI (DPI*sensitivity) should be somewhere between 400 and 1600. Personally, I use 800.

Stop before you shoot. This shit is important. Not as much with pistols and SMGs, but those are for scrubs anyway.

Recoil. When you spray full auto, your bullets will not go directly to your crosshair, but rather above it. The pattern at which bullets go is in essence set, and learning at least the AK one is a must.

Crosshair placement. Always keep your crosshair at where you expect an enemy's head to be. This probably means you have to generally aim higher than you currently are. This also involves knowing common spots for each map. If you have to watch two angles at once, pick a corner and stick to it, do not split the difference.

If you'd like me to coach you, you could send me a demo and I can go over it and tell you what you're doing wrong or something.

GO PLAY CS:S INSTEAD OF FUCKING CS:GO.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CS:S is fucking trash. Always was. If you want to play wheel game, play 1.6.

CS:GO is on par with 1.6 tbh

What in the fuck am I reading?
Cratecunts please leave and don't come back.

Jokes on them I got it when it was free and I got to keep it

It's okay. They've improved a lot on it over the years. There's still a bunch of bullshit in it, though, which wasn't present in 1.6.

Pistols are super overpowered. There should never be a situation where a $300 dollar pistol has the advantage over a $3100 rifle. If you killed someone with a pistol who has a rifle, you should have to outplay them significantly. Not just be on par with them and get lucky.

On that note, pistol rounds in CS GO are fucking trash. Just ADAD and hope you get a lucky headshot with fucking everything. The acceleration for movement is so high you become super fucking hard to hit too.

Jumping accuracy is simply too high all across the board, and poorly implemented to boot. Hitting someone with a jumping AWP noscope should be 1/20, not 1/2.

I mean, not to say 1.6 had perfect animations, but holy fuck. They really need to synchronise the 3rd and 1st person animations for landing, because as is right now, you can shoot someone who literally can't see you after landing because your head bobs down further than your camera does. Absolutely retarded. On a lesser note, they should also sync crouching 1st and 3rd better, but that doesn't affect as much, because it's your 1st person view being faster than your 3rd person one, so you get shot when you think you're safe, but it's much easier to just blame that on lag, so it doesn't feel as bad. Still shouldn't be that way.

Not really a HUGE issue, because you're still very slow while doing so, but the fact that crouchwalking is actually more accurate than standing still normally if absolutely retarded. They should do something about it.

But user. CS:S is trash.

Elaborate please.

On the plus side, movement is pretty nice, but otherwise it just feels worse to play.

you'd know if you actually played any of the CS games in the first place.

There are a few glaring issues and Valve does release huge fixes for them every now and again. Just recently AK spray was nerfed and tapping buffed in a huge rifle rework.

Thinking a little back, hitboxes were fixed as well, and animations got a pretty large revamp. The game does get better every quarter of every year.

I got 500 hours in this piece of shit. Just stop. CS:GO is a garbage game. You'd have a lot more fun just playing something else or CS:S and 1.6 instead.

Regardless I'll give you some tips.
Stand still when you are shooting, especially with rifles. You will be a lot more accurate.
If you want to play the game on easy mode buy a SMG like the P90, MP7, MP9 or Mac-10 and run and gun. SMGs have high running accuracy meaning it's easier to shoot and move.
Learn spray patterns. Go to a wall slightly away from it, shoot full auto at it and then notice that it does? It moves up. You can negate this by pulling down on your mouse and left and right depending on gun. Just pull down when you are a beginner.
Learn the maps and their good camping spots.
Check out this now sold out e-celeb called Warowl, he has some good guides.

at least CS:S is more moddable than CS:GO.

Go on the market and find a P90 Elite Build, because it has PROGAMING written on the side, then buy it every round. Just spray while paying attention to the tracers to hit your target while strafing just a little bit.

Bonus points if you camp in stupid spots like doors on D2 A long and still manage to kill people

My only advice is to just buy the P90 and play like a retard in the majority of matches. The community is so full of conformist hyper-autists that someone doing something like using a "noob gun" completely throws off how they play. I quit after I got to DMG because that was my goal, and I wasn't really good enough to compete at higher levels without abusing the P90 anyway.

The tap/burst buff was a good start, but it's not enough. The biggest problem is the shitty first shot accuracy. Here's an example from a pro game just a couple days back.

The biggest counterpoint to raising it I hear is that it becomes an indirect nerf to AWPs because they're supposed to be the long range weapons, but

1. You could easily just buff the AWP to make up for it. I've been waiting for a long time for them to revert that terrible fucking AWP nerf they did like a year ago.

2. The AWP itself doesn't even have perfect first shot accuracy or even close to. If the AWP doesn't even, what weapon is really supposed to?

Basically this.
Pistols are now fucking retarded and shit like the Five-Seven, which was meant to be spray and pray fast shooting low damage pistols is now high damage, high mag size, 1 shot headshot w/ helm. Tec-9 is overpowered just as well and a more worthwhile buy then the Deagle. Pistol rounds now are bullshit luck based ADAD spamfests as another user said, and he's 100% correct with that.

You're only right about Scout and UMP. They're fucking AMAZING value weapons and worth buying on any eco. Negev is a joke weapon for just casual games, autoshotty is basically the same because it's underpowered as fuck.

Basically. Most are hyper-autistic tryhard pro-wannabes in silver 4 with their boosted accounts. Just rush in with the MP9, Mac-10, UMP and P90.

You just need to be subtle with it. Run in front of teammates to cause an "accident", run through teammates molotovs, block their way saying that you're camping and they'll ruin it, things like that. Also only rush with a Nova, it's guaranteed to make both teammates and enemies shitter shattered for either not playing by meta or by dying. At least it used to over two months ago when I bothered with it.

That's true, no argument from me there. CS:S was the golden age for custom content, and it fucking sucks in CS GO. Community servers are dead.

I was decent enough to hang around MG/MG2 not doing P90 rushes, but going full retard with the most powerful, skillful gun in the game got me to DMG rapidly.

There's no shame in being skillful and using a hard to use, low-tier weapon like the P90, my man.

CS Source is still active, play that instead of CSGO

DMG is not even good,. Good on you for not giving a fuck about what turboautists think about you not playing "properly", though. If it works, it works, and the reason it shouldn't work is because rifles are plain better weapons if you know how to use them properly. They evidently don't.

DMG isn't "good" good, but it's certainly far beyond the capacity of the majority of GO players. I think the top 10% or so of the playerbase resides in DMG or above, with half of that 10% being in DMG itself.

Oh wow, huh. You're right. It's about top 13%, which is kinda funny, because I absolutely shit on DMGs and I'm not even good.

Say what you will about the game, man, but the skill ceiling is fucking massive.

From my experience, DMG players are either really good at strategic placement OR really good at aiming/using their reflexes, rarely both.

I'd imagine to get higher than DMG you'd have to find a balance between the two, right?

I got to supreme and it took no effort.

I mean, a part of aiming IS strategic placement. Hell, that's probably the biggest part of it. Taking stupid engagements will only get you so far, and more importantly will get you VERY inconsistent because you'll sometimes play against players that are just straight better than you, or maybe you're just having a bad day aim-wise or whatever.

Personally, I was never very good at positioning or nade usage, but I've still managed to hit Supreme and I've been staying here for a while. I've recently been focusing on not taking so many stupid engagements and I'm being much more consistent in my play now.

I've never been like a dumb player. I always knew what was going on and where enemies are and stuff, but I still have a tendency to challenge way too much and take every fight I can get. I've gotten away with it this far off by just being good at taking those fights and just headshotting everyone, but there comes a point where that doesn't work any more. For some that's at DMG, some Supreme like me, and some even higher.

The negev's standing inaccuracy is about 60% higher than the AK's, which is already massively inaccurate at longer ranges. The firing inaccuracy is also way higher, which, when coupled with the insane rate of fire makes it kinda shit because it's very hard to control and far too random.

It's fun for jokes when you have the money, but it isn't really viable.

unfortunately butthurt admins will ban you instantly for this for "micspam" (aka no fun allowed) unless you do matchmaking. Which I don't.
Also ranks can fuck right off. I'm not allowed to play comp because I'm not ranked despite owning the fucking game since beta.

I play xonotic for that. It's criminially underrated and I also get my fix of absurd bhopping from the grapplehook instakill CTF servers.

this is true. The jumping accuracy with the already enraging AWP is ridiculous.
I've also seen people go for the default pistols and get absurd kills. The ones that only exist for people that don't buy anything destroy rifles.
Also as I said, The shotguns are now literally useless which makes me butthurt as I'm just about the only person who likes to use Shotguns in FPS games. They seemed fine in source.

Also why the fuck did Valve ruin smash maps. Those were the best.

Easiest spray pattern + High ROF + High damage = carnage

Especially if some dudes decide to pull a rush strat

Play CS 1.6 instead, OP. CSGO is RNG garbage.

I can see the Negev being viable if you're encountering two or more enemies at close range

it feels somewhat bad

Is it true that Valve pays twitch to keep dota and cs way up there on the streams?

I think you might've answered your own question.

In what world is this an easy spray pattern?

It also has a high firing inaccuracy which gives it randomness out the ass, so you basically just have to pull down and hope for the best.

It's not a bad weapon, but it just isn't as good as the normal rifles if you actually know how to shoot. It's just a meme gun you pull out to BM when you're super far ahead.

Just get some cheats, it's not worth it.

um

shoot the bad guys innahead and then disarm their bomb?

Just wait til you're 10 years old and you'll be fine.

Pick one.

Doesn't the Negev technically have the highest skill ceiling?

Imagine someone having autismal levels of skill and managing to keep all the Negev rounds fired at the same spot, so much so that it's accurate at long range

That is a lie, unless you played previous iterations of CS extensively.

Or maybe I'm good at videogames.

There are pros on youtube who explain how to move the mouse to eliminate the recoil while firing.

And dont play L4d2 because the weapon models and sound are the same but the recoil is totally different and it will mess you up.

See, that would be true, except Valve loves RNG in their game. As I've repeatedly explained, the negev has a very high firing inaccuracy, which, when coupled with the high fire rate makes it retardedly inaccurate. Even if you were to control the spray perfectly, it would still be far too random to actually be viable at long range.

Here's a clip of a pro with completely 100% perfect spray control at long range, with the spray pattern overlaid to show exactly how good he is. Notice how it still takes him 20 bullets to kill the dude, even though it should take 5? This was even with the old M4A1 which does not have a very high firing inaccuracy even now, and was even better back then.

Sorry, here's the actual clip

Quake Live has Call of duty style netcode. In otherwords 50% of the skill has been removed.

Quake 3 had servers still going a few years back on the default setup, if there's none now you probably just have to change the master server or play a mod.

got any other spray control videos?

That is fucking absurd.

Do you have any idea how many rounds you've fired by the time it starts to sway left/right?

Recently getting back into CS:GO but the fucking RNG, granted it's better than before but still hurts me deep down.

Well, I mean, the idea is that spraying is only for close range, and tapping/bursting for more long ranges. The spray patterns were even more random in previous iterations of the game.

However, that logic kinda falls apart when you realise that tapping/bursting sucks ass because it's so inaccurate, even after the update. The time to kill with perfect spray control compared to tapping/bursting is still lower at every range in the game.

Don't have any particularly egregious examples I remember from the top of my head besides this one, but generally GeT_RiGhT is the spray king, and I'd be looking at his clips for more examples of almost being fucked over despite perfect spray control.

Looks to be after about 20 rounds, which, with the Negev's RPM of 1000 would be about 0.02 seconds after you start firing.

i want reddit to get out of this website

Apparently, in the new tapping update they made jumping inaccuracy decay even faster, so you're now even more accurate while jumping.

I defend this game a lot, but man, is Valve even trying at this point? For what purpose?