Nintendo confidentiality

How exactly does Nintendo secrecy work? The NX is half a year away from release yet there is not a single illuminating fact that has escaped in any way. Is it some kind of Nippon magic? There has to be someone in the whole damn company who is strapped for cash, right? >implying anyone cares about the nx

I mean we know about things like the flash chips but nothing regarding how anything will actually be used.

Also does anyone here have any hopes for NX? I want to hope, and I really don't have a single fact that says I shouldn't, but I just can bring myself to it. Everything about games just seems to be getting worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

itechpost.com/articles/25092/20160822/nintendo-nx-release-date-game-releases-unveiled-4chan.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s
ibtimes.co.uk/nintendo-nx-console-global-release-confirmed-march-2017-1556954
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why do i keep seeing chen around here?

I'm not buying another console until they have an exclusive library of fucking amazing games that number over 10. Got burned with the Wii U. Zelda will probably be my last Nintendo purchase for years unless they really go back to 90s magic.

You aren't very smart.

because bkub chen became relatively popular over a year ago

The Xbone Scorpio and PS4 Neo are also coming out to make sure this gen would be a complete disaster.

what if there is no NX

Nips actually take things like NDAs seriously.

Well, they also don't have any immigrants to be (((enticed))) to leak.

It's called an NDA.

But I don't know what they're planning since Nintendo is known for lovable cartoonish characters not the hardcore ones like PS is known for so I don't know what they're up to in graphical power, the only thing we have from reliable sources is that it's like some kind of tablet hybrid or something, like those controllers that had a small miniscreen scaled up to tablet size.

At least they are one more of exactly them same thing. The consequences of Nintendo failing are uncertain as we don't know what the NX is and what other things would be dragged down with it by association.

…or even worse, what will potentially become mainstream if it succeeds.

Are they going to use new hardware or just ungimp the WiiU one and pull another Wii?

There's no way it's going to be anywhere near the competition as they don't want to sell at a huge loss, which honestly is a sound approach, so what are they going to do? Try to make it kind of competitive so ports aren't a huge hassle or just say fuck it and aim for a cheap PS3.75?

Not like the NX will change anything.
It's gonna be Wii 3, and you know it.
with 0 metroid games

Its going to be terrible.

Perhaps they will port Federation Force?

What's your train of thought?

No thanks.

Nintendo is pretty good at keeping details of their new console under wraps. The Wii actually suffered a bit from that, back when it was still called "Revolution", with all these people coming up with outlandish theories about what it would be- I remember someone claiming it would be VR.

What it comes down to is, Nintendo will fuck you over if you break their NDA so no one does it.

yeah I'm surprised they didn't announce it at June. the handheld rumor is probably true.

itechpost.com/articles/25092/20160822/nintendo-nx-release-date-game-releases-unveiled-4chan.htm

If it isn't very innovation then it'll end up like Wii again. Also post more chen

Haha

postan oc

You mean WiiU?

Not giving Nintendo anymore money after the Wii U and with how kikeish they are these days, I don't think the NX is going to be a major improvement.

They have a personal yakuza that murders leakers.

I believe it, Gunpei did get into an 'accident'

The only reason I think the NX might be good is because of how well Nintendo has kept it secret. It's gotta be something at least noteworthy if they've got it this tightly locked down.

Part of me thinks most if not all of the current issues nintendo currently has wouldn't be issues at all if he was still around.

Even if the company isn't doing great, Nintendo still carries a lot of respect in the industry. Breaking NDA likely means immediate termination and a permanent black mark on your record.

Even if they get a quick payday from some Kotaku-tier faggoty site, they are fucked for life, because no other tech company will ever hire the guy with "LEAKED CONFIDENTIAL COMPANY SECRETS FOR CASH" emblazoned on his record.

The patent for the New zelda says it comes on Discs & Cartridges, so the NX used carts of some sort. How much do we really need to know?

does not matter NX is already a flop before its out of the gate.
no one is interested in NX.

breath of wind will be on the wii u and you'll probably find those in the trash bins soon enough along with the NX's

The Yakuza
Will fucking
KILL YOU
If they don't want it to be leaked.

So every game would be gimped with the inferior physics, AI and everything else of a handheld but you get better graphics if you play it at home? Or every game be made into two versions with completely different internal workings and thus balancing?

Sounds very believable.

Best Mario Kart tune incoming.

Well think of it this way, Nintendo is unveiling a totally new console while Sony and Microsoft are unveiling re-releases of their existing ones.

Probably the "ehhh kinda" approach so ports aren't a huge hassle, especially if it's gonna be a handheld console like most everything so far says it will. More than likely it'll be decently powerful but not approaching either PS4/Xbone and Nintendo will encourage underutilization of the console's specs to about a notch above Wii U for performance purposes while still letting graffix whores do whatever, so you get consistent 60 FPS games and 17 FPS cinematic experiences all on the same machine.

I think Nintendo is hoping that the secrecy will make people more hype. But its a double edge sword after the failure of the Wii U, as well as the fact that people arent like that now. Now most people are like "Fuck it, they dont want me seeing it? I got other things to do"

I'll get one to pirate the shit out of their games when that becomes a thing

>I'm not buying another console until they have an exclusive library of fucking amazing games that number over 10 at launch
ftfy

I don't really know how Nintendo's security stacks up against other companies, since I haven't done game testing anywhere else or been inside any other equally big game companies, just some smaller ones. But I can say that when I was a game tester at NOA, they made you sign sooooo much NDA type paperwork, promising extremely harsh penalties if you said anything about anything. And you couldn't even so much as go to the bathroom without checking your hardware and/or other materials in with your supervisor, and they know what's specifically yours because everything had its own barcode, so smuggling anything out was impossible. So in my anecdotal experience, their internal security was very tight, mostly. They were oddly dumb in other ways, but getting out with anything was nearly impossible. They even have security making sure you can't sift through the dumpsters behind the shipping center, which are sometimes troves of cool stuff they're just throwing away.

Never buy a console at launch for one. But it isnt unreasonable, compared to last gen the Xbone and the PS4 have no games.

Make this video your mantra for life. Don't buy into hype

youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s

more like the nintendo NMS =DDD

wa

Come on, it should obviously be Nintendo NMX. You've at least got to try.

IT JUST WORKS

source? I keep hearing this but I have no idea what people are talking about.

ibtimes.co.uk/nintendo-nx-console-global-release-confirmed-march-2017-1556954

looks like zelda u is gonna be a launch title.

We had several leaks, we already know basically that it's a handheld that you can plug into your TV and that it has a touchscreen equivalent to the WiiU's gamepad. Eurogamer did a big report on it, gathering hints left by nintendo officials, rumors coming from reliable sources, as well as Nintendo's own public patents.

It's also likely to be a successor to the 3DS rather than the WiiU.

We haven't heard a single thing about it other than rumors and various bits from people who have either seen it in person or are interested in its potential, I don't have any hope until I actually see the fucking thing working at either a show or in a direct

Because they are, the direction vidya has been going in has been getting noticeably terrible for YEARS

OP, nobody cares about ninty.
This is why when Ubisoft stated that they were so proud of a lack of leaks on Ass Creed 3's protagonist being different it was met with "why?"

Nobody who could possibly care would be smart enough to dig in to get that leak, and nobody smart enough to get that leak would care about such a meaningless franchise or company.
This isn't fucking complicated, it's just lack of interest.

if it really is a both portable and home console. that makes sense. flash memory uses much less power than a disc drive

am I missing something here because isn't this all games regardless of platform? Aren't the only games with any of that shit in any good measure niche titles for PC? Would it really matter?

when will Nintendo just reveal the damn thing?

Explain all of the retarded rumours.