Lying Developers

Is this the Peter Molyneux for people born after 2000?

Is this their first experience real experience of disappointment?

What a time to be alive to see their hearts get shattered.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art
youtube.com/watch?v=NqHM9U4rS0Q
archive.is/mpARy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nope. Molyneux at least launched games with gameplay.

I might be biased because I enjoy Black and White as a youngin.

Go away, Sean.

That's not my image.

Self-promotion at its worst.

Sean pls hang yourself you kike

in before gamer gate 2.0 composed entirely of millenials

Don't worry that you got kiked out of your money and supported a clearly bullshit game. You learned a valuable lesson and you won't fall for it again. Taking your anger out on other users isn't needed though.

Is this new Toddposting candidate? Fucking shit Holla Forums, hang yourself.

Same, cause I enjoyed fucking Fable 1. Probably his last fun game, tho.

Sean pls

You realize there is a catalogue, right?

They can't help it. They're second exodus cucks who think that le sage is a downvote and have to tell everyone that they don't like something.

Todd is alpha but Sean is a beta faggot like le noddingham

This honestly took "history repeats itself" and cranked it up to the point where it's a fucking parody of the concept.

These threads are infinite and procedurally generated. You could shitpost in them forever, if you'd want to.

We can only relive the past so many times

Are there any games that use a morphing system like the first Fable or expand on it?

Fable 2 and 3's systems were shit.

The only bad game he made, Godus, was one of the best godgames for mobile devices and only the PC port sucked. Curiosity was a hilarious experiment. This man has never made a shit game and yet people hate him because unlike most devs he talked openly about the development of his games and didn't just wait until everything was locked down.

The whole of Holla Forums is procedurally generated. It's not my fault you run into the same shit threads while everyone is having nice dicussions on a page or board far from your sight.

Now there are dishonest developers out there, that unlike Molyneux actually lie about their games. I think Sean is a case of both talking too openly about the game before everything was locked down but also talking about work that's only in the planning stage. He didn't so much lie as having unrealistic expectations which the team couldn't possibly live up to. The fact that the game got made at all is quite a feat in itself but after he had promised the world no matter how good it was it could never live up to the expectations.

Is NMS a terrible game? In all honesty no, it isn't but it's not the radical game it was hyped up to be either. It's the science fiction coffee table book of video games. If you thought it would be anything else you're very naive, just like Sean was.

It's cute how developers can just keep telling you the same shit over and over again and you're still defending them with "oh, they just got a bit ahead of themselves because they are so excited".
Especially Molyneux hat trick with:

user, those people aren't the friends you've never had, they are trying to sell you stuff. Stop being so stupid and naive.

Yes.

If someone says something that is not true, that is a lie. Of course the stipulation of, "b-but I d-didn't k-know we couldn't do thaaaaaaat." If he had just said upfront all the things they had to cut because of their incompetence instead of hiding behind their hordes of retard apologists like (you) the blowback wouldn't be as bad.
The game is a piece of shit so long as you don't like walking sims and even then it's a shitty walking sim. All planets are damn near identical. The fauna are all animated horribly. The game is just terrible unless you're dicking around and flying in space which is a small part of the game unless you grind resources.

Of course they're trying to sell their games, what do you take me for? I also don't understand your complaint regarding Molyneux, do you expect him to say the game he is working on will be shit? There's a difference between saying your game will iterate on the previous game and that you think it will be better and outright lying like pic related.

I agree they should have made it more clear before release what people should expect, that's the only real dishonesty here.

This term doesn't mean anything anymore, it used to mean games with no interactivity or gameplay besides walking and looking at things but now it can mean practically any game that's not a spreadsheet simulator or strictly follows genre conventions. NMS isn't a walking sim by any stretch of the imagination but it is focused on exploration. I disagree about the planets looking identical and the fauna couldn't be as well animated as in AAA games since they must be procedurally animated but whatever.

I'm not saying it is an amazing game or even great game but I think people calling it shit are exaggerating. It's cool to hate this game, I get it, but I'd rather stay off the bandwagon and I had hoped that Holla Forums would stay clear of the mainstream hate masturbation. We all knew what it was going to be like when it was announced, I don't see what the big deal is. Why do we need so many threads about it?

Fable and The Movies were pretty mediocre, though. It's true however, he makes good games even if he can never keep his promises or his mouth shut.

The difference is that Molyneux made a bunch of good, charming games with actual content. His only problem is that got excited and oversold his games in interviews, talking about ambitious features that might have been planned at one point in development but were cut by the time of release.

Also he's a cool guy. Accidentally posted his cell a couple years back on twitter and thousands of people texted him. Some people trolled him and some people praised his games. I sent a nice text thanking him for black and white and he made a short reply thanking me.

Bioware

you aren't very clever anonymous

I thought The Movies had a really interesting concept and the ambition to not just make the player manage a movie studio but also actually make movies was pretty novel. It wasn't a great game though.

Fable was a great starting point for kids to get into RPGs, it was a better game than The Movies but it's not his best work.

Frankly I knew the game would be shit.

I just underestimated how shit it'd be. And I think this is the #1 lying dev to fucking date. He has some hefty fucking competition but he fucking nailed it.

13 galaxies in a row and each ending is just resetting to a new galaxy. No intergalactic wars. Every planet has a average of 1-2 species on it.

What a god damn joke.

I hope normalfags wake up and string these bastards up on a pike.

That's pretty heartwarming. I wish I had a chance to thank him for all the great games he made during the Bullfrog years which shaped my childhood and the later works at Lionhead that kept me interested in video games. Black & White in particular was an incredible game that had so much passion put into it.

NMS is a terrible game, though. It's several steps backwards in the genre it belongs to, which was already memey as fuck.
Fuck off shill.

Molyneux is the victim of a meme being taken seriously and a gaming journlaism outlet wanting to be "hard hitting" "edgy" and "cool" by taking on one of those big name lying developers.

I'm really glad I didn't know much about Spore at the time, I don't think I could take the disappointment. Whenever I see games that look too good to be true in an unrealistic way I instantly get disappointed during the trailer when everybody else is getting hyped. I already know their lying.

The problem is they're saying there will be features in the game, that actually arent there. It's one thing to say you want to make a great game but it falls short, it's another to say there will be multiplayer but never actually put it in the game.

He outright lied about the game. He didn't say, "oh btw we have to gut all of these features because of constraints", they were hoping no one would notice.

Does his beard grow every time he tells a lie?

That one interviewer was a real asshole, when Molyneux was no longer as relevant and had been reduced to making indie games the journos thought it was time to attack him. It was like watching someone kick a guy who's already down. It was really nasty, they'd never dream of doing that to any of the AAA bigwigs like Todd who actually deserve it.

One of the things I learned very quickly was to not really pay close attention to the development of video games with the autistic need for information like you might see around here and other people who claim to be "geeks".

Its simple, if you like the food at the restaurant then never ever try to see what happens in the kitchen.

I don't bother with E3, Idon't bather with video game advertisement other than whatever I might see in a magazine or in a trailer.
I don't trust reviews because of how subjective (or paid off) they could be. The only things you can really trust are gameplay video (which there is an abundance of that now) and word of mouth from friends.
Shit, I don't even trust Holla Forums's opinion on things since this place is swarming with autists who think a game being fun isn't enough. Retards.

Underrated post.

Fuck Molyneaux. He kinda deserved it for being a putz in the industry.

That's because those AAA bigwigs are paying them.

You don't bite the hand that feeds you when your business model is 75% based off of high-tech billboard advertisements.

Why should they lower their criteria for you?
Movie enthusiasts don't think fun is enough. Music lovers don't think catchyness is enough. People who read books aren't content with just mindless drama for entertainment.
Why can't videogames have autists too?

I rated it highly. I just didn't give it replies.

I want the Molyneaux IDF to leave.

Yeah, the gaming press is just glorified advertising. It's just so blatant you know? They write a hit piece on Molyneux and conduct an interview where they pretty much only insult him and then proudly publish the latest bullshots and wank over the newest overhyped AAA trash in their next article.

"enough" for what? to be considered art? or to provide entertainment.

You're wrong in assuming that movie enthusiasts only every watch masterpiece films, or that music lovers never listen to low-brow music. Sometimes you want to be entertained, and so you listen to catchy (but artistically void) pop music on the radio, or watch a schlocky sci-fi horror movie for a laugh.

If you're looking for a deep experience, sure, but that's not to say we don't need both (or really a wide range of sensibilities) in any medium.

We need games that are just fun and don't try any harder and we also need games that are deeper (and maybe not so fun).

The man did nothing wrong.

Fuck you Petey

He knew from the beginning that everything he was saying was bullshit, watch interviews with him, whenever he lies he'll either look down, scratch himself, or do some other sign that gives him away. there are only a few times he gives an answer while sitting still, and those answers are actually truthful ones.

How many more fucking threads we need about this shit?

I guess you like Soylent green, right?

Again with this fucking misconception… you're thinking of high art. Art just means basically human expression of a message in some way or form. A shitty crayon drawing or even just a line can be considered art.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art

Back to the topic

You're wrong in implying I said that at all. Movie enthusiasts PRAISE films with high artistic merit or skill. That doesn't mean they don't also watch mindless fun.

Exactly. So it's good that at least some people here strive for something more than fun. Why do you want Holla Forums to be mindless and retarded like any other forum of the internet? If you just want "fun" recommendations, go to any other mainstream forum of the internet. It's good that there are some places dedicated to view it from it a different standpoint Holla Forums is not like that, though. Holla Forums does like stupid fun.

Molyneux is severely underrated.

You should spent some time actually listening to the guy. The stuff he promised at times never existed, were never planned to be implemented and are probably not going to exist in any game released in the next 20 years.
The guy just knows that telling absurd lies increases sales and I don't think he ever felt bad about it either.

Games don't have to be fun.
I supposes gamers don't have to be a game journalist's audience either.

But for real, i'm just sickened by the autists who will shit up discussion of a game to come in with a bunch of useless stats, figures, and comparisons to other games that have no bearing on the experience of the game being discussed.

A constant comparison of apples to oranges instead of the game as itself. I'm not saying that's entirely wrong, you do need a basis sometimes in which to develop a critique but often times here you end up with shit that is like people judging Mario Kart against Gran Toruismo.
Let's not even get into the knee-jerk reactions to shit based on hipster-think, automatic contrarian reflexes, and just shit made by developers/publishers that Holla Forums just disapproves of.

You misunderstand. Which is autistic.
Following the development of a game is a surefire way to be let down because what you are seeing is what they are letting you see. The highlights. I don't bother with E3 because its one big fucking polished up commercial that has never seemed to fail to show one thing while the ultimate product delivered is almost entirely different.
Do you honestly expect the burger from a fast food chain that's advertised on TV to be the same shit you get when you actually buy the thing at one of those outlets?

Am I telling you to lower your expectations? No, i'm telling you to get rid of your expectations. Your expectations are being crafted to create "hype". The goal is to get you on that "hype train" and have you get off at "Purchase Station" before you even know what the fuck happened. Once they have your money they have it.
Am I condoning this marketing practice of theirs? No and in fact in the long run it will prove to be unsustainable. I think we'll start seeing more of that. People have already learned to not trust the likes of EA and with the smaller devs/publishers starting to pull the same shit they're going to learn to distrust it completely.

I have no hopes built up for any game. I don't follow a game when its announced because I know even up until several weeks after release its still going to be going through changes. That is just the nature of the industry right now and especially for AAA titles. When I consider a game I consider it on those neutral grounds. 90% of the time my purchase is worthwhile and i'm not disappointed. I didn't expect anything, I didn't build up this image and ideal of this game in my mind and I certainly did not get tricked by some highly polished specially made and scripted E3 commercial that they called a demonstration.
So much of the heartache I see around here is because of those factors. MGS5 is a prime example of when people get sucked into the hype of marketing and brand loyalty. You saw it on this board first hand. The amazing rise and the hard fall.

That's all well and good until you realize that what happens here is as follows;
PersonB then proceeds to shit up the thread with dubposting, claiming shills, telling the posters to go back to 4chan, reddit, wherever the fuck "goons" are from. And of course a plethora of retards follow in Person B's foot steps because they all want to fit in with the cool kids.

You better give examples. In many cases it was the press blowing a small off hand comment he made out of proportion. All it takes is a small reveal of what you experiment with behind the scenes and suddenly jurnos try to make it out like you've promised some ridiculous feature. That's all it takes, and with someone as excited and talkative as Molyneux that happens a lot. If anything people should be mad at the sensationalist media.

Alright, that's fine, but I wasn't talking about that at all.

This is all implying the people who like shitty games don't shitpost.
This is all implying the people who like shitty games will have worthwhile discussion and not just talk shit. You want FNAF and Pokemon autism here? I sure fucking don't. I prefer dubposting.That's not to say Holla Forums is perfect or even good, but at least it's something.

You're missing the part where I'm making fun of the faggot for saying that. Second line.

Maybe you would have picked up on it better if I included something like :^)

This user gets it.

Many treasured old games are not "fun". They can be frustrating, difficult, and addicting. They can be rewarding, like when you beat a really difficult section and feel satisfied with your progress. "Fun" is word that's too misused and by using it as an umbrella term it doesn't really convey the same message as someone who's trying to refer to a specific type of emotion he got from a game. You can enjoy a game without the game being a rollercoaster, much like someone can enjoy bebop jazz better than some pop song.

You prefer FNAF autism over that? And you call me the faggot? Good God.

No, because thats a fucking false equivalency. A more accurate analogy is that the chain promised there would be lettuce and tomato in the burger, and when you go to the chain they give you a burger with just meat and cheese. Plus, in the commercials they never explicitly say that the "ideal" burger in that commercial is the burger you get, they only imply it, and most of the time they use fine print. If they actually did say "all of the burgers will look exactly like this" I'd sure as hell expect them to look like that because it's ILLEGAL to sell them otherwise.
If I had the money I would sue hello games right fucking now. even though I didn't buy the game.

Also, requesting information isn't buying into hype. Following the development of the game doesn't mean believing everything they say in trailers.

Go shove a rake up your anus.

What?

Long time since I heard that name… I forgot what exactly he did.

Opinion

Also opinion.

The difficulty was likely toned down after it had been tested by focus groups. As for the rest you'd be surprised by how many outlandish sounding things Molyneux has said which are entirely true.

So we agree it's opinionated. Than why are you saying old a games aren't fun as if it's a fact. I think you are trying to make games look like art. When games become art that's when a large majority will start making pieces of shit story games and the other group will make pieces of shit cash grabs. With only a small percentage of us making games for fun. Fuck art, it's not a title that's worth striving for.

So let me get this straight, I shouldn't bother to stay away from the hype generating marketing machine, and neither should someone else, because they're outright lying to me so its not my fault or the fault of others who get lied to when they end up buying a product?
I suppose I guess I was victim blaming, wasn't I?
No, you're wrong, my analogy is entirely correct in most cases simply because it is a matter of something not lacking features its something lacking features of those features.
You ARE getting that lettuce and tomato on that burger but it is nowhere near as crisp and fresh as the advertisement shows.
So when Todd Howard says shit like "See that mountain over there? You can climb it!" he never says just how fucking high you can climb that mountain.

I protect myself against that shit. See, I know they're lying and obscuring the truth of what that final product is going to be. The only one I have to blame for falling for those lies and traps, at the end of the day, is myself. I'm the only one to blame for my shitty purchases. As such, I try to take responsibility in them. Being poor as fuck for a while taught me the value of such research.

Not at all what I meant, but whatever. But if you keep buying into the hype of marketing you're going to consistently be disappointed. You keep expecting 5/5 games because of the hype trains and when you get your final 3/5 product (as it always was going to be) you are let down, unable to enjoy it, and have wasted your money and/or (more importantly) your time. And its not because the game is particularly bad but because the ideal of the game you built in your mind conflicts with reality.
So the better thing to do is to stop paying attention to all that advertisement beyond being able to know that a game exists and whatever actual gameplay you can see.
On the other side of the coin, if you pay too much attention to those that are negative and super critical you're going to end up missing out on what can be genuinely fun experiences.

This is not stressed enough. So much shit gets changed because of focus group testing. Not just video games but in pretty much all forms of mass media. You want a great and easy example of this? "Suicide Squad". This is because of the ever increasing budget of what it takes to make modern mass media.

Diahonored gave one of the best recent examples of this I think.
This is the sort of bullshit that lead to the tacked on narration in Blade Runner, why do they always pick the most retarded of people to be testers?

Which part is the low quality bait? The OP?

It needs to be said that what we consider "art" is not the same what Marxists view "art" as.

We can appreciate a classic game for its gameplay, storytelling, some innovative mechanic it introduced, or simply because it was a piece of media that did everything right.

Marxists view games as tools of propaganda, the game is only "art" when it is parroting the right kind of message. Quality of content and storytelling doesn't matter, it's art simply because pretentious hipsters with Che Guevara shirts say it is.

The thing about Molyneux is, he's an Ideas Guy. He comes out with really ambitious stuff, and because it's often never been tried it fucks up.

When they work though, he creates some Great Shit.

Because aiming at the lowest common denominator ensures every moron can understand/play/read/watch/use your stuff, the more people you can cater the more profits you can make.
In the end profits now are the only thing that matters.

This scheme has the problem of making all works trivial and saturates the market with trash that noone will buy eventually, but suits are more concerned about a HUGE number this year than big numbers for the next 20 years.

try to blow this out of context you massive faggot.

Thanking someone for a game that was never complete.

You're a fucking idiot. Can you please just kill yourself. His good games were his Bullfrog games. Post-Bullfrog he made NOTHING good.

Black & White was complete though. As for his post Bullfrog games being bad that's just your opinion (which is shit), they were technically and mechanically sound so objectively they were good. You're just looking for excuses to justify your butthurt. It's fine if you weren't into his later works but I'm afraid that doesn't make them bad games.

his later works were bad though. The Movies for example even with the expansion didn't make the whole idea work well at all. They got confused with making a tycoon game and make a machinima editing tool and yet neither was any good- which is a shame because I wanted them to be good, the idea reminded me of 3d Movie Maker but rosetinted glasses made me forget that program was actually really badly designed at the time.

Fable 2 was fun…. up until it broke my Xbox because the idiots at Lionhead didn't realise that you cannot revert OS patches on Xbox and so basically had a broken console and an unplayable game- and it was their fault, there was a thread on their forums about it.

Black and White 2, did nothing right at all. Molyeneuxs justification for the currency system was bullshit and gamey- we later see the full circle of his thinking with Godus. And even then BW1 was the better game- its just BW1 was missing a lot when compared to its original vision as a Populous successor- as the previous populous game did a fare better job at the general idea.

Fable 3 did everything wrong. Everything. Replacing the UI with a 3d interactive world was stupid. They removed any sense of progression from the game unlike Fable 1 and 2 which did a really good job there.

Fable 1 was fantastic… to a point, but Molyeneux vastly lied about the game, the Marriages in the game didn't work at all like he stated they would, the vegetation was not dynamic. And frankly this game was the only decent one Lionhead put out- but it came out still very rough.

Its like yeah the guy made some great stuff under bullfrog and I respected that Peter a lot, I've watched interviews with that Peter, he was very open about development issues and passionately talked about the technology powering his games… but when he left Bullfrog, he started spewing ideas and started marketing all the time. Compare his interviews with Magic Carpet where they discuss the issues with generating dynamic terrain, that was amazing and showed a lot of insight into not only the design aspects of games but also programming, he showed he was an expert that was passionate about development and not ideas. Versus him now, where he is passionate about ideas and completely isolated from his actual teams, surrounded by a bunch of shill yes men.

Disclaimer: I had a friend in Lionhead who confirmed to me once that Molyeneux never actually engages with the teams working on the games, he only talks with the higher ups. Whereas under Bullfrog he was more present within the company and more involved.

The greatest game he ever made was High Octaine. A monument to how great a company Bullfrog was. Able to produce a game of that quality in such a short time with such a small team and budget. Such a thing has never been tried again.

But dear fucking god when he ruined Bullfrog by selling out to EA, I could never forgive him and after that it was betrayal after betrayal. The reputation is WELL deserved.

Report and hide this shill.

Is this guy a jew because he looks like a fucking rat.

His problem was that he was ambitious to the point of telling everyone the dreams in his head and stating them as fact. He made good games but you couldn't take him at his word.

Shit I forgot all about that. Loved this game. That and populous 3 are my top.

youtube.com/watch?v=NqHM9U4rS0Q

Naw, OP's photo is clearly photoshopped. Here's the original.
He looks much more human in the untouched photo.

I agree that Bullfrog was his highpoint but at least early on he was very involved at Lionhead. Now you might call him a betrayed for selling Bullfrog to EA but he saw it as his big chance. Many of the talented devs from Bullfrog left to create Mucky Foot Productions and as much as I enjoyed Startopia they had to make crappy licence games after that. I imagine Bullfrog would have ended up in a similar spot if not sold since they relied on publishers to fund their projects and they took less and less risks. Do you know that Molyneux funded Black & White out of his own pocket? I doubt the game would have been made if he didn't and the game sold enough to warrant a sequel. That's the creative freedom he got when he made his deal with the devil.

Anyhow I still think his ideas were interesting when he stopped being a proper developer, I agree there was a decline but he never truly earned his bad reputation I think. Even at his worst I still find his ideas fascinating.

Betrayer. Thanks autocorrect, that's really helpful.

Peter only started to get really fucked up post/during Fable 2..

Bullfrog did some amazing shit that Peter was never able to even come close to again so it's clear he was taking credit for someone else's creative input. He also burned everything down for money. I don't know where the "he's actually an ok guy" thing comes from.

Reporting for shilling, no one can be this idiotic.

correct, he's a scumbag. I've worked with people similar to Molyeneux in the industry, hence why I have a friend who worked at Lionhead. I was pissed when I found out he lost his job but from his Polycount posts he seems to be doing ok. He fared better than my Avalanche friend who did work on JC2. I had the opportunity to meet Peter Molyeneux and Warren Spector in Melbourne once but avoided doing so despite Spector being a fucking Hero of mine. But I couldn't stand to be in the same room at risk I may actually being verbally assaulting him so chose not to go.. That's how badly I hate the lying bastard.

Yes his ideas with Populous were fantastic, Black and White was nothing more than an attempt to rebuild what he lost.. and only proved he couldn't do it anywhere near to what it was with Populous the Beginning and the previous games. We also see that with Godus because he tried to rebuild again, only this time has proven that even with all the money in the world, you need actual talent and not a bunch of idiotic yes men. Most of all he needs to follow up and not talk to the mother fucking press, every-time he opens his mouth it just makes people even more angrier. He is very insincere now with the way he talks. A sorry from him is worthless because he's said it so god damn many fucking times that its lost the very meaning. Just as "I promise" has as well.

The man tried to sell his own sister for sea shells for fuck sake.

I don't think so, he wanted to experiment and had some far out ideas. A 200 feet cow that you got to raise and shape. New ways to interact with the gameworld… I think it was natural for him to make it a godgame since that was where he was most comfortable. Godus was just Populous for smartphones.
Maybe it was a good thing you didn't meet him, he's just like Molyneux if not worse. He's currently working on his own Godus.

Where the fuck do you think you are, a video game board?

lel

I made sure to tell my retard friends who were excited about this that it was just minecraft in space and temper their expectations at every "leak"

t. good friend

never meet your heros

Why did you have to post that?

Ayy, just like the huge money-burners he made once he got full control over a project, bought into his own bullshit and couldn't save himself by stealing the credit from competent people around him. So now that he's hung himself, oh yes, of course, he's got to be angry about the patriarchy because at least then he'll have a good excuse for why he's impotent.

What a hack.

Sorry user, he's always been a twat. You just never heard about it because he hadn't yet become sloppy enough to broadcast it for all to see.

The more time passes the more I realize publishers are a necessary evil to keep "idea guy" clowns like Spector and Molyneux grounded, and that all these games that are classics can't be attributed to a single person, but a team of talented individuals, and that those that do attempt to take the credit for their work are just talentless hacks trying to fluff up their resume so they can go beg for money.

Here's something to remember: Spector probably had nothing to do with the success of games like Deus Ex or System Shock. He was borderline technologically illiterate (so much so that it was a running joke with the dev teams; if you use the console command "iamwarren" in SS2 or DX, it will destroy computers in your vicinity) and every game project he's worked on since he left Ion Storm has failed dramatically. For all the good games he's worked on, their success can most likely be contributed to the quality team he had working under him, not any contributions on his part.

No, Peter actually made games that had a purpose in the end, they were horrifically disappointing pieces of over-hyped shit, but the had a ending and they were playable for more than 2 hours. Sean on the other hand committed the cardinal sin of counting his chickens well before they even got shit out of the Hen.

Molyneux games: Girl with big tits and huge ass but little to no personality or Guy with a huge dick who turns out to be a huge dick

Seans games: Ugly, obese, man/woman who is a shitty human being on the inside as well as out

If you're getting that lettuce and tomato, and its not really missing where is No Mans Sky's multiplayer? Or its factions you can join and support? Or half the other shit they promised and renegged on?

As for Todd, that is just a small thing they joke about. Todd removed a lot of shit in the base games for Oblivion and Skyrim that they promised.

And the other user was right, your analogy was shit, his was better.

He's not saying get hyped up, he's saying have standards. Like how everyone on here was saying Fallout 4 would be shit, and lo and behold it was shit. What kind of pathetic fuck are you to just accept whatever shit is put on your plate?

also, another example of "never meet your heroes": if you are a fan of cyberpunk literature, it's best you don't look at William Gibson's twitter account. The man sits around all day talking about his white privilege and unironically retweeting Ta-Nehisi Coates

Then where's 3/4 of the features promised for no man's sky?
archive.is/mpARy

Oh no, publishers are to blame for it too. It's publisher PR that creates and promotes the single auteur idea as a means of marketing games. Dickheads like Spector or Molyneux are merely forming a pact to be used in this fashion in return for getting to ride the image afterwards.

Publishers are just as illiterate as these fucks - most of the decision-makers at publishers (the ones whose names are never part of PR and thus you will never know) usually get an intern ir producer in to play a game while they watch because they can't play it themselves - it's why they get along so well with Spector types.

The system is chronically ill, right to the core.

Must be desperate for vagina in his old age.

Yet kikestarter has shown us that having these "auteurs" off the leash produces even worse results.

Like I said, they are a necessary evil so ego projects don't spiral out of control like it did with Star Citizen.

Gibson's always seemed more poet than novelist to me. His writing really has little of substance but fantastic, wild aesthetic quality. He doesn't really have a grip on the ideas he's riding, he just slashes at them and you're so busy digesting the flashy fashionable signalling that you don't notice until some time afterwards.

On the other end of the spectrum is Neal Stephenson. That guy's got method.

As I have said, fuck yourself with a rake, please.
archive.is/mpARy
Maybe you should word your shit better and stop moving the goalposts.
You literally said in the first post that
I'm not misinterpreting this at all, you fucking either worded it badly or are shifting the goalposts.
Let me say something you misunderstood. When I mean expectations, I mean the bar you set for games. If you lower the bar, shitty games become acceptable. That's why you have high expectations, so people don't just keep buying shitty games. This has nothing to do with hype you ginormous autist.

You ever hear the story of how he met his wife? He was staying with a friend of his who brought a girl home. The friend and the girl fucked all night. In the morning, the friend calls downstairs and asks Gibson to bring him coffee, since he and the chick he just banged don't want to get out of bed. Gibson goes out and buys them coffee, then brings it up to their room. Later on, he ends up marrying the woman he friend was fucking.

Of course. They should never have been put into the public mind to begin with, but instead soberly evaluated and allowed to quietly wither from their own lack of talent and outsize egos.

But no, daddy Activision gotta make his money and if you think that distorting the entire nature of an industry is yahoos way to do that, there's hundreds of millions of advertising spend that says you don't get a say.

This is the most horrible thing I've ever heard. What the fuck is wrong with him?

Cuckolds are mentally ill.

It's funny that people didn't hink this would happen since it already did in Hollywood. In the late 70s, the "auteur" filmmakers took over, got huge budgets with little studio oversight and ended up nearly causing the whole industry to go into bankruptcy because they had no concept of cost/benefit analysis and just spent money like it was water, expecting that their "genius" would make it back. Except it didn't since people didn't want to see 4 hour "westerns" exploring conflict between land barons and european imigrants in Wyoming.

At least when Molyneux lies he has the balls to look you in the eyes while doing it.

yes I do

And now for comparison

yeah I never realised how Cucked Gibson was, It started dawning on me when he started hanging out with Bono (around the time Johnny Mnemonic (film) happened).

Sterling is also a massive asshole, despite being friends with Based Jew (((Warren Spector))). But yeah I cannot stand Gibson nowadays. He turned into such a fucking cuckold.

That's not entirely true, for starters the entire idea for Deus Ex was his when he worked at Origin Systems. Had it not been for Warren its likely Harvey Smith would have ruined the game by making it a console shooter (see the post mortem). It was also Warrens idea to make the game Cyberpunk as he was friends with Bruce Sterling and was a fan of the genre.

His SJW comments in recent years are nothing more than appeasement- if you've read any of his rants on his blog you'll see that he only talks that way because he's involved in education, which automatically forces you into being cucked politically as Universitys will fire you on the spot otherwise. Spectors the only person I want to give benefit of the doubt to because he has called the industry out on bullshit before- but tows the line to keep his career going.

With that said though if System Shock 3 is total shit then I will likely hate him on the same level I do Molyeneux and Howard. This is one game you don't fuck up Warren.

I will never buy NMS. Murray does have an infinitely punchable face though. For 60$ I can see people lining up to punch his face, 18 quintillion times.

You just need to watch this years E3 presentation he did. Basically he admits he was in it just because of money, he left PC gaming when it was unprofitable and now is coming back because it is profitable again. You can see why he would pander to popular opinion. I can imagine all these pricks being fervent nazis if Hitler won.

God bless that polski fuck. Literally the only time I've been proud of my ancestor's homeland

I've always found Gibson's novels to be on par with most teen fiction. I enjoyed them a fair bit but it's sad that the so-called father of cyberpunk turned out to be such a faggot.

Shit I'd pay for the collectors edition plus season pass.

Even if you ignore his anti-white and anti-male twitter drivel the man hasn't made a good game since Deus Ex. First he let the console shitfests IW and T:DS happen because he's a greedy kike and then he made a shit tier licence game. Say what you will about Molyneux but he never stooped that low. It was so bad that he had to quit the industry. Then when he smelled nostalgia bux he came crawling back to the PC master race.

Isn't Poland pretty based because they've closed their borders to the rapefugees invading Europe?

I had seen the video, and yes his sudden coming out of retirement did sound very suspicious because we all thought SS3 was dead and burried because of EA. That right away is a redflag.

I do agree with this point as well. And you are probably correct that over time he will eventually go the full way into kikery. Then again every hero I've ever had has in the end corrupted. So maybe I should just have no faith at all in the old guard. But when you look at the new guard and their SJW bullshit you realise gaming really doesn't have a future. I would very much like to change all that. Rest assured my loyalties to spector as I've stated can disappear immediately. I once famously told Will Wright to go fuck himself in a online chat and called Lucy Bradshaw a stupid bitch directly over what happened with Spore.

So trust me, I'm very prepared to go after Warren too. Its just at this stage I have no quarrel with him. Invisible War was Harveys fuck up, he even admitted it, Warren was top jew and spent more time getting shekels from Eidos than actually designing and managing teams hence why it went as bad as it did.

I don't think Warren ever lied about his games.

Anyway we'll know the truth once SS3 comes out as to how "involved" Warren is in the process as now he has more limitations and it'll be more obvious what went wrong if he does indeed screw it up because the team is smaller and no one is prominent in the way Spector is.

I am cautiously optimistic, but skeptic and will not be giving them a single cent, I will much like I did with Invisible War pirate it because of suspicion (I had originally played the demo and was rather disappointed with it so I didn't buy it.)

I find it pretty funny how badly timed SS3 is, Bethesda's Prey bootleg will likely overshadow it even if it by some miracle turns out good.

He will fade to obscurity because unlike Todd or Molyneux he has no charisma to speak of and looks like an absolute fucking nu-male cuck.

Moly atleast seems like some old guy with ambitions too high and mind of a child while Todd is sort of like that "geeky so funneh BAZINGA nerd buddy" without shouting Bazinga ofc.

He's Czech, can't you read nasal nigger?

He's Czech, can't you read nasal nigger?

What if I fin immersion fun and you don't?
What if I find extreme difficulty and constant game overs fun and you don't?

Don't tell me how to enjoy my games, faggot.

Who gets to decide what a worthwhile discussion is? You?

It does.
If you end up expecting the game to be "this" but it ends up too different, it appears worse than it actually is. You create a construct in your head how that game MUST be, and any deviation is seen as a negative (even if objectively, a different mechanic might not be worse or has a perfectly reasonable reason to be there).
Confirmation bias loop starts building - any flaw fuels the notion that it's shit, which only causes you to look harder and find more flaws - ironically, the same flaws present in many "great" games.

Until the DLC is released and subsequent sequel next year.

I can hope.

Yes, and no faggots allowed either
there is a 50-ish year old trannie politician though

Shitposting forever. Now that is a beautiful dream if I ever heard one user.

no one said that

Do any of those devs still make good games?

it's implied by the hundred threads we've had about it

I think the reason why people hate him is because he kept selling out his development companies to dystopian global corporations then fucking off to start a new company.

Leaving all the talented devs and beloved game franchises to be milked to death by the corporate vampires.

They never really milked anything though, Syndicate got a shooter using the IP for brand awareness a really long time later which could have happened if Bullfrog croaked the usual way anyway and Dungeon Keeper got a shitty phone game also several years later.

Please user, this was an outright lie

Is ironic that this game was being hyped at the same time gamergate was going on because it was the same kind of corruption that allowed this shit to get coverage what triggered those protests

Before you go all apologetic for nms think about all those games that actually delivered what they promised and yet got no coverage because the devs behind them werent trustfund hipsters with friends in all the most expensive and trendy cities like sean here is

Sean said this game would have multiplayer from the start, he could have said it was going to be single player with the possibility of multi being added later on, but no he had to ride that wave of hype created by all the shills he paid and since he was lying why not lie a bit more and promise that as well?

I 'loved' how rps chose Molyneux to be his target for their "are you a pathological liar" bullshit piece. They never dared to ask him them back when he was at Lionhead and had MS' back. No, they waited until after Godus at which point he was finished anyway. They'd never dare to ask Todd or Pete or Levine or Murray the same question.
Apparently every dog has his day but only if that dog is comatose and on the verge of death.

RPS is one of the most cancerous vidya newsites around. Full of self masturbatory queers who don't know shit about video games. Especially that asshole John Walker.

Just how did these faggots become so influential in the first place?

Several of the devs of NMS are anti-GG and buddy buddy with the SJW jurno clique.

Little wonder they got so much free attention.

I'm used to fags like them having double standards but this still bugs me, asking Molyneux that shit but never to people like Todd.

I retract my earlier defence of Sean, he's a horrible piece of shit and he intentionally mislead the public in order to make them pre-order his terrible hack-fraud game.

Molyneux had a sense of humor through it and most of the games he launched shipped with not a huge amount of bugs and actually decent games in the case of Black and White, Fable and Fable 2. Her even thought the "Peter Molydeux" twitter account was so funny he wanted to hire the guy behind it (Both the guy behind it and Microsoft said no).

It's harder to get an interview with those without a controlled environment. Even Molyneux used to have a Microsoft PR ready to intervene. So he was easy pickings for RPS because there's no PR to say "This interviews over" after starting with a loaded question. PR will always get involved even if you cornered Todd. Sean Murray's PR was handled by Sony Interactive Entertainment as well so no one had a chance to call him out either.

Which makes you appreciate times when the Dorito Pope went in on Reggie regarding Wii U or when Jeff Gerstman straight up said to Phil Spencer "What's it going to take to get companies to stop shipping broken games?" after MS Shipped the Master Chief Collection red raw broken.

He sounds like a man after my own heart.

Gook thread. Fuck off.

Stop comparing him to Peter. Sean is nothing compared to him. He has no style

It's time to go, user.

yeah that guy has so much integrity, he would never shill a piece of shit product on his show just because his "friends" developed it

he was talking out of his ass and half the shit he promised wasnt in the games. he made good games, but holy fucking shit, dont promise the world when you cant deliver.

spotted the goober.

goddamn goiter goblims

I admit it. I'm an alt-right/KGB agent exacting revenge for Harambe and I'm backed by Putin and Sam Hyde to fight Soros.

You're a hugh mungous.

Todd and Molyneux also both had the benefit of making their names in the industry as legit devs first, only becoming known as liars after they already had a few solid titles under their belts.