Playstation Plus Price Increasing

archive.is/1cLY1

Other urls found in this thread:

account.sonyentertainmentnetwork
ibtimes(dot)com/quantum-break-windows-7-release-steam-next-month-2400163
sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/ar/Archive.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's only money, if you can't afford it then you shouldn't be a gamer.
Also why the fuck would they give you games for literally just owning the console? Stop being so entitled. We try their best and if they need more money for servers you can either pay up or they're gonna take servers down.

Don't like it? Too bad.

Fuck that. They don't even offer nonindie shit as it is.

What the fuck is a Playstation Plus?

Either you're baiting or you're a special kind of retard.

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Pic related.

But seriously I haven't picked up the controller since I got tired of Bloodborne, thinking of just selling the PS4. Vidya is made for millennials now, I'm not the audience any more.

I'm sure they're going to use this price increase to offer a better experience and better free games for their valued PS+ subscribers.

You are the audience of PC gaming, forget about your consoles.

Just one more reason not to buy a PS4.

OY VEY THE GOIYMS FOUND OUT

I wish I was the audience of PC gaming but most PC games appeal to me even less than console games do. I'm pretty much a retro gamer at this point. I'd play indies too if the hipster faggot infestation would die off.

Held off on buying a PS4, and now I have another reason to not buy it.

Copypasta

Well fuck. Guess it's time to sell my PS4 when mine runs out.

Fuck off Valvecuck

When did i said anything about Steam? You should get your eyes checked.

I can't wait for the NX to charge for online. The salt mines will sustain me for weeks.

Yep, I knew I smelled Valvecuck.

can't wait till capcom n ea follow suit n u gotta give up dem endz to use dem publisher servers n shieeet

There's some really semitic shit going on here.

Where did he he attack you being a nerd? Are you mentally ill? Also, there are online PC games that don't use Steam.

Not if they don't want to loose their remaining audience they won't.

It doesnt make sense. Like at least the OG Xbox used it as an excuse as like a premium service but even then loads of games still had split screen. After that it all became shit.

Yah fucking nooo suck my dick Sony

You mean the little boys and girls who'll just ask their parents to pay it?

I don't think they even realize how thin of a wire they are walking on now. It will just take one or two bad decisions for them to be the new Xbone.

Not even Valve or Apple are this Jewish, but I'm sure they'll pick up on this eventually seeing how people gobble it up.

No he has nerdy insults. As for non-Steam games, their monopoly's still insane.

the worst part if how people go along with it or defend it. imagine if people boycott it then what would sony do

Even then the Xbone still managed to do better than the Wii U. Not by a whole lot but at least it gets third party support.

I can feel your bias through my tcp/ip connection m80.

It is five dollars a month. That is 1 dollar and twenty five cents a week. Its not shitposting to say that of you can't afford that, you need to stop playing videogames anyway.

Would you pay me 5 dollars every month to be nice to you and make you feel special. I'll even give you some free candy in exhange.

That's niantics next tactic.

Something tells me you are the type of faggot who would go into a grocery store and take all the food, saying you "deserve it" because you already bought a stove. Its clear that you are shitposting at this point, but you earned this (You).

Depends on the candy.

You are just shitting on this because it's related to sony, right? It's okay, it's an anonymous image board. No one knows who you are.

Nintendo gets away with a lot of shit by being the "budget" family oriented system. Paid online would be a really bad choice for Nintendo.

Oh user…

nah
i give money to things that are worth it
it's not my fault you're a retard who enjoys paying for things twice
also i'm sure that's some kind of fallacy you just used

Shit analogy.
You already pay for internet services, Microsoft and Sony are charging you extra to play video games online.

I can actually see them doing that. For a company that employs so few jews they sure are kiking it up.

Why are you defending paid online when it is not to your benefit?

Quoted the wrong person, m8

srry

meant for

He didn't say anything about Steam you colossal retard.

So it's okay when Holla Forums certain bullshit but not others? You really should not cherry pick like that user.

What a fucktarded comparison. It's more like paying for a stove, then paying for food, then having to pay again for the permission and ability to have a picnic or dinner party.

See

I'll still pay for it. The games that come with are worth $5 a month in my opinion, plus I have friends I play online with.

Even their microtransaction bullshit doesn't even compare to the fuckery being done by most mobile developers where you can't even play the game without tripping over some paywall every once in a while. Not that I don't doubt that they'll eventually go down that route - they already have in a way by locking extra game modes/maps behind "tickets" or "passes" - but even that prospect doesn't compare with the notion of paying to use internet that you've already paid for.

I mean I may have mentioned how Nintendo is making disk-locked content more appealing through little toys if they weren't floundering in their own irrelevance making their supposed damage completely negligible. Not to mention that disc-locked content is already the standard for AAA games - including those made by Sony's developers - so Nintendo just catching on to that practice isn't anything of real note. For whatever jewing Nintendo is doing, Sony has already been doing it for some time now (and MS even longer).

Like what? All the "free" games are indie shit nowadays.

Leave the bias at the door m8.

You never defended your bullshit and where do I say it is justified on other consoles and services?

It is mostly indie shit, but there are some good items (Yakuza 5 this month for example). Even when most are bad, I also own a Ps3 so I'm getting 4 games for $5 every month, $1.25/game. The fact that they're paid for in advance encourages me to play more games, and the fact that I don't get to choose them means I play a lot of games I wouldn't have otherwise, some of which I turn out to like. I like the system personally.

My "bias" for Nintendo is just seeing them as more of an ineffectual player that is desperately trying to stay relevant by desperately latching onto market trends and not an active force destroying the industry by leading those trends like MS, Sony, EA, Activision, etc. The current industry climate isn't like the 7th gen's where they were on top of the world with their waggle bullshit and inspired MS and Sony to chase the more motion control train. If we start seeing an industry plagued with physical DLC toys across many major titles, then I'd feel more compelled to be critical of them.

And that's what confuses me about some of nintendo's recent decisions. Everyone with half a brain know that they have taken a black eye but nintendo seems to be doubling down on such terrible decisions. That's the major reason why I have given up on the NX in general. Sony at least seems to acknowledge they have fucked up but nintendo seems to take such bad ideas from previous companies and apply it to themselves a year at the earliest.

Playstation Plus was introduced as a mediocre service until they started with the whole Instant Game Collection giving 12 triple a games right out of the bat as well as new triple a games every month. The Instant Game Collection PS+ era was totally worth, it was a glorified rental service but it was relativelly cheap, the price of a full retail game for the right to play over 50 games through a whole year, well worth it. Then the quality started to fall and then the PS4 was announced. That's when PS+ stopped being worth it, they removed the Instant Game collection, remove the games they usually offered on E3, lowered the amount of games per month and year and lowered the quality by exchanging triple a games with shitty indie non-game trash such as Proteus. Now they are increasing the price, to hell with them.

It doesn't help that there is a big disconnect between American and Japanese offices. Just like with what happened to SEGA before they crashed.

BREAKING NEWS

Sony has officially become microsoft

guess who I'm adding to my list of companies I'm never buying from ever again.

Old new breh

you still haven't answered my question by the way

Is it Sega?

see

It varies and personally I don't use it anymore but if your PC is shit then it's a decent alternative.

If you figure in online fees, the total cost of a ps4 over the expected lifetime is nearly $1k. That would have bought/upgraded a great PC. And there are games on the PC.

Now you have to answer the part about how I was cherry picking

Name one that isn't dorf fort

It's either shills or genuine retards who actually belive in this shit.

Fucking sneaky kikes. Isn't this shit illegal? They shouldn't be able to re-enable automatic payments.

Simulator simulator and Mrs. Pac Man.

Wipe this meme of the face of the Earth.
Just like stupid Sega or Dreamcast based analogies made by underagedfags.

Nah

Sony has been doing so much shady shit like their refund policies and the fact that they greenlit games that brick their consoles, I'm wondering when the lawsuits will be swallowing them up

Who'd be doing to lawsuiting? Consumers, aka gamers?

They're sadly too retarded and don't have the stacks of money Sony has.

It's a shame the free games are usually indie trash.

I'll stick with buying 1 month PS+ with no auto renewal whenever I get bored of PC/Wii U and feel like playing PS4 online. Which is not even often enough to buy it every month. Mainly just to play GTA V online since on PS4 it's full of niggers with crying babies in the background who are really easy to fuck with on the mic.

Exactly, gamurs, console kind especially, are the most abused wives, no chance in hell they'd go against their masters.
Just like nu male's sky fags talking about lawsuits, lmoa.

Its almost harvesting season
Also older games that you missed, emulators and freeware besides almost everything the PS4 and the Xbox have

Forgot this one

Also this

I remember when the 'free' games they gave were a nice selection of titles on both the vita and ps3. Jet Set Radio, Gravity Rush, Demon Souls, Binary Domain, Dragons's Dogma, and some other games that weren't just indie crap.

Sneaky little shits will do anything to get their shekels.

DAMAGE CONTROL
A
M
A
G
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L

I get the feeling that GameFAQs is just NeoGAF lite

It is indeed. It even has the social justice. That's why alongside my Neogaf shitpost folder, I have a gamefaqs shitpost folder. I might even argue that there's little to no difference between the two.

gayfags was an amazing saltmine back on december
shame this was the only thing i saved

Having opposite opinions is still allowed on GameFAQs, unlike NeoGAF.

That's some advanced stage terminal cancer right there.

Sometimes it makes me feel like creating an account just to troll them and constantly remind the SJWs themselves that they are white males and should kill themselves.

KoFXIV is being used against us. Good thing my internet is shit anyway.

Now that's what I call an excellent copypasta right there.

I have an account there.I do as much as possible without getting banned

ENTITLEMENT
N
T
I
T
L
E
M
E
N
T

What a brilliant marketing strategy. It truly is something to behold, and I'm actually impressed by what marketers have done.
They've created a subset of people who will not only eat whatever gets shit out on to their plate but if you don't also want to eat shit they will berate you and call you entitled for not wanting to pay to eat shit.

Marketers have implanted this idea that they deserve your money and if you choose not to give it to them then you are "entitled" like asking for a quality product is something radical. Why make something good when you can instead convince people that they are acting unreasonable for wanting something good at a fair price.

At least it won't be trapped on the PS4 forever. We know a PC version is coming, the problem is we don't know when.

Why do I get the feeling this guy worked for a cunty company that chose him for his cuntiness?

Looking forward to the death of consoles next generation, finally shit devs and downgrading for peasants can get to fuck.

Man, this service has really gone down the shitter. I remember back in 2013 always looking forward to what would be on offer next. Then the PS4 was released. Now it's all indie crap and pieces of shit that are as old as the Earth itself (looking at you, Hoard).

Oh, wow. You're in for a rude awakening. No developer is going to make a game that requires the computer equivalent of a formula 1 car when the vast majority of people won't be able to run it until long after they've forgotten it even exists.

Doesn't sony keep their passwords on a fucking word document or some shit?

Don't forget to keep paying or we will take those free games away you silly goy

At least GameFAQs is still good for guides

No rude awakening for me, that's the console markets over the next 10 years.

My computer cost less than a console and can run every game on the market. Prebuilts will get much closer to the price of hardware once the console markets converge on gaming PCs.

Or alternatively

What the fuck happened to AA developers? Are they an endangered species? All I see on the PS4 is AAA garbage and indieshit.

Yes. With gigantic conglomerates like EA running around, no upstart company is safe from the grubby clutches of suits with exorbitant amounts of cash who think they can just buy out the competition any time they like.

AA died when the Ps3 xbox came out. you NEVER see the $30 games that use to come out on the Ps2

Their dreams are over, m8.

The funny think is that "Entitlement" is a word that just means "Genuine criticism"

Shitty companies like Sony tend to hate criticism so they invented this word "entitlement" to send shills to spread because why the fuck should they be held accountable for their shitty business decisions and improve their standards when they could just send shills out instead and produce a legion of cocksucking fanboys?

you either make a shitty indie game about walking around and looking at shit or you make a $60 + million dollar Cod/ gears clone , there is no in between.

AA games peaked sometime between the mid 90s to mid 2000s and then dropped off as the cost of publishing and dev kits stopped making sense for the returns they were getting by being overshadowed by AAA shit and indieshit

Most AA devs moved on to PC OR to modern arcades where there are virtually no publishing costs and can be developed on commodity hardware

Perfect long-term business strategy.

They either went off to PC, bought out by the AAA jew or went bankrupt because of the AAA jew.

Everyone on Holla Forums talks shit about them for being low budget, low quality games and/or ignores them completely.

glad I grew out of console ***gaming****** years ago.

Sony needs money for their millions lost in Ghostbusters.

I remember the "It's just X dollars!" damage control meme.

Who knew Sony's marketing scheme of slandering anyone who disliked nu-Ghostbusters would actually decrease sales?

Well there's your problem, there's plenty of AA devs but they all either make PC games (Butterlord) or niche Japanese games.

This, shit like Dark Souls, Dragons Dogma; Butterlord and Nier Automata are AA or mid sized releases.

Those are certainly the best since they hit the budget/creative control mix perfectly.
Of course you have exceptions

Most games/franchises beloved by Holla Forums are mid sized releases.

if it werent for valve we wouldnt have multiplayer games, you doble nigger.

There wasnt even a hook on that line

Lol

So I borrowed a ps3 to play guilty gear xrd revelator, will I have to pay another $60 to play online?

I havent preordered a game since Red Orchestra 2, and the game before that was Spore.

Should i break my preorder rule and get those two games?

NO
they could be buggy pieces of shit at launch. I remember a couple of anons preordering Xcom2 because it looked like it had good PC support and they got burned bad
If it turns out good you can buy it on release

Price increase sucks.
But really it doesn't make much difference. It's not like $10 a year makes any real difference, unless your so broke it does, in which case stop playing games because it only gets worse.

But if your opinion is any different then the first two sentences here, I hope your getting paid to do it because if you do it for free then you might be a colossal cock sucker who needs to do something with his life.

If this upsets you so much that your going to sell you ps4 you are a retard and shouldn't have bought it to begin with. You really should be smarter with your money.

Are you getting physical disc's?
That's literally the only reason anymore

No ps3 is still free

Yeah, ok

Well that's $10-$20 less to give to some other shit hole company that's going to fuck me, I say Sony earned the money by being 4 the gamers… like me.

I can't be sure, but I have a source who claims PS+ price increase is to help lower the neo's price as it should retail for $600-$800 dollar's

I'd say that's good, let the poor plebs who run the standard PS4 subsidize Neo owners consoles.

So it's free on ps3 and not on ps4? That's hilarious, since it's cross platform between the two. My friends were calling me a ps3 pleb who will have slower loading times on ggxrd, but now I have some powerful ammo. Thanks.

that beter be some bizzaro currency that's more expensive than aud

More AAA PS4 games are coming. This holiday season is going to have a fuck ton of shit on +.

Well, I never pay the $50 per year anyway, so why would I start paying $60 now? PS plus is constantly on sale for $29-40 every couple of weeks throughout the year and it's always $25 on Black Friday. I'm waiting to see what September's PS+ games will be. I want to see if Sony will spit in the wound harder and offer indies or old games again.

Dis gon be gud.

What do I do

I wonder if Sony is trying to recuperate their losses from their failed movies.

Intrigued on how you got the $75 gift code from someone. You pretended to be a girl, didn't you.

Buy $75.01 worth of avatars.

Maybe…

Be honest, how many times did you esuck that nerd?

people be sure that sony doesn't auto pull money from your card at the end of the year

this is set to yes by default. they jewed the fuck out of me last year

its on the account.sonyentertainmentnetwork

website

That's fucked up

This

valve is a lot worse. The fact that most noteworthy steam releases get tied to their jewish schemes with shit like hats and announcer packs is disgusting.

There's literally no reason to.
Just wait day one and if it's not implayable for some mysterious reason then just buy it.

bait

literal retard

boxniggery would be ok if you didn't have to buy the keys from valve, but then again that would involve playing csgo or modern tf2 and not belonging on this website

Wait wasn't it originally $5? Or was that only if you got a annual subscription?

Either way it's fucking laughable that it's going up.

They tricked people into believing that servers are expensive to run and now they're cashing in.

But they are, it's just that it's nothing for someone like sony.
Kind of like how some ISPs only spend 1% of what they charge in servicing people depending on the country

At least you dont have to pay a fucking subscription to use a basic service like this sony crap.

I'll resub when there is something worth playing online. I've done everything in BB already plus another 600+ hours fucking around with co op and invasions, DaS3 was complete shit, Destiny is the absolute epitome of modern MMO dronefest and that just leaves singleplayer games so why the fuck would I stay subbed, let alone for a more expensive price when all I have to show for it is indie games?

WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY 60 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR MULTIPLAYER WHEN PCS AND NINTENDO ALREADY DO IT FOR FREE

Exempt the first one, they are right even though they are shills. People should drop the PS4 online instead of buying it anyway and complaining about it.
Look at how making everything windows 10 exclusive turned out and how they are now porting everything back to windows 7.

some links would be nice

FOR THE PAYERS LEL

Wouldn't stuff like wasteland 2 and Divinity count as AA market games since they're made by a number of devs with experience?

ibtimes(dot)com/quantum-break-windows-7-release-steam-next-month-2400163

It talks about Quantum break being ported back to Win7. Sorry about the exaggeration but it shows that if people don't throw their money away like drones more consumer friendly shit might happen.

You'll take any opportunity to shill that cancerous steambox won't you, /r/pcmasterrace.

You fucked your own ass.

If you don't like it don't advertise it.

Now that PSN and Xbox Live are the same price, is there any incentive to get the former over the latter? It seems like the Xbox has more features and multimedia capability. Is the PS4's UI still shit?

A year.

Same thing

I have a year of psplus on my ps4.
It's in the closet in it's original box and I havent bothered to redeem any of the free games. I'm completely done with it. I'll never use it again.

Can you gift games yet?

But wait, what about the free games you pay a subscription service for?

Are you telling me that Gone Home, Broken Age and Tricky Towers aren't worth 10 dollars a month?!

I think I might move to PC. The only game I play is SFV, so there's not much use in paying for internet so you can then pay to play online.

I remember the Sonyfags back then: "b…but you get a free game every month" while ignoring that once you cancel the subscription you won't be able to play all the "free" games you added to your library.
Now it's worse: if you don't pay for PS+ you can't play online.

Are you that spoiled cokcsucker that wasted 400$ on dinner for two and said it was unexpensive?
You should really kill yourself, that price increase is less 10 dollars going towards games or something other than a fucking scam.

You can buy 1 good 60$ game a year.

Or you can spend same 60$ on ps+ which will spam your subscription with indie trash, that will disappear as soon as subscription ends just to play shitty multiplayer games on a console.

Honestly ps4 is money eater. You want vidya, but all vidya are trash, so you have to choose from trash, that trash doesn't satisfy you and you buy more and more. Eventually you realize you spent more than 4000$ on that shit and it still feels like it has no games, and wants even more money from you.

Buying ps4 is like buying a jew into your house.

Consolecucks BTFO yet again.

My girlfriend bought my PS4 for me. Does that mean she really gave me a Jew? If so, I'm kicking that bitch to the curb and keeping the Jew.

PS+ was great before it was required for online multiplayer, it's been shit ever since.

Just like I knew it would be.

Fuck.

I'm gonna answer you with your own statement.

Even more reason to put off getting the damn system. Seems like every "exclusive" they get ends up launching on PC the same day or very shortly after release anyway.

If sony wanted me to never buy it's console then all i can say is, good job, you did it.

Murphy's law. Stop makingposts like this, you're unironically creating this future

>>>/cuckchan/

Please dont' bully me.

Fuck off retard.

Go back to halfchan you goddamned newfag.

BOYCOTT MICROSOFT BOYCOTT SONY

PS+ was never great

anti thread slide

they dont want people to know

they are sliding this thread as fast as they can

what would it be like if people didn't know this?

how about you slide over on to my lap qt

Fools and their money are soon parted. I'm sure sonyggers could tell them no and to fuck off but they won't, so oh well

n-no

you like candy, right little buddy?

hey this thread is covered in soap! it's so slippery it's just sliding so fast that it's flying right off the board! I wonder who could be behind this.

fuck sony

You realize they are charging you for the losses of ghostbusters, right?

Yes, because one movie flopping is going to impact their gaming, tech, financial and insurance sectors.
I know you're bitter about Cisbusters, but it didn't dent them that much.

C'mon sonymarketer, you dont have to be a genius

Grow up, kid. Just because the facts don't fit your agenda, doesn't mean I'm a conspiratorial plant damage controlling for a corporate overlord. You're moronic for thinking one movie will affect an entire company like that.

Sony studios are run by fucking idiots like Amy Pascal and Tom Rothman, yes, but the rest of the company is still viable. For now, at least.

they've been losing out on a lot lately. psn customers continue to be a safe way to earn money because they don't want to lose their 'free' games.

Whatever you say mr marketer, how does it feel wasting your youth earning money by shitposting? So much for your youth dreams, huh?

Honest question… when is their fiscal year recount? They may be trying to milk what they can so the meeting board members dont lose their possition. Whatever the case, they done fucked

sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/ar/Archive.html

Well this explains a fucking lot

Guys, you have to understand, Sony needs to pay for Ghostbusters and the gaming division is their only way to get any money.

not today sony! lets boycott!

Install times and multiplayer focus killed consoles

Their tech sector is fucked in revenue because their electronics aren't selling outside of PS4. Apple got a better deal for the semi-conductors and image sensors on the iPhone 7 from Samsung so Sony lost some huge contracts on that as well.

They had a lot more flops than Cisbusters this year as well. Money Monster, Risen, The Brothers Grimsby, The 5th Wave all bombed or just made back their budget.

Everything but Playstation is doing badly. So they need to milk the shit out of that brand.

When did they stop?

I didn't

So we can pretty much blame the cost increase due to Fembusters flopping like the pile of shit it is, right?

Amibos?

Amiibos, and majority of Holla Forums says it's bad.

I was talking about the e-reader device for the GBA. :^)

Show me someone who buys amiibos and I'll show you how I feel on extremely late-term abortions.

Honestly, who the fuck bought any of em?

You mean the average normalfag nintendo fan? You know, the ones that would by nintendo cartoons on a fucking cart so that their kids can watch it on their GBA? How about the /v users that had a fuck huge thread showing off their amiibos? There is still love for those physcial digital rights management pieces of plastic here. Are you going to tell me with a straight fact that Holla Forums hates amiibos as much as steam? How about EA?

Pretty much. Everyone talks shit about both things, but there's a large portion who buy/use them anyway.
Because a lot of us are consumer whores.

Both are stupid forms of DRM, only one is also a stupid form of artificial scarcity.

You don't need ps+ to play multiplayer.

On the PS4?
Yes you do

Their exclusives outside of Uncharted 4 aren't setting the world on fire either. Expect the wallet rape train to come out at Playstation Meeting for useless shit you don't need and peripherals. Possibly they get desperate and start putting PS4 games on PC.

they would made so much on the salt from the neofags and other fanboys

I know a some people who have bought amiibos, and I've seen the threads on this site. But none of them really ever do it for the "features" these things have. It usually boils down to them being collectors in general, or having a strong fondness for a particular series or character. (Zelda, F-zero, Fire Emblem. etc) Some of them don't even open the boxes.

And to be honest it's hard to fault someone if that was the main reason behind their purchase. With that said though, the things aren't as popular as they once were. They didn't make any new ones for the Star fox game, nor federation force. And the animal crossing set didn't sell well at all. So outside of base sets for popular series. I imagine the amount of these things that get made will diminish soon. Their biggest releases being the exception.

I'm a millennial and I don't feel like I'm the audience anymore. My xbox original has gotten more use this week than my fucking xbox one.

My Xbone is just lucky it can browse youtube.

???

I know that some people bougth all of them twice. One set for having them and the other to leave sealed for collection purposes.

What games?

You better hope they stay around otherwise these mouth breathers will invade PC servers and forums.

Gotta make you pay for their bankrupt movie business peddling sjw political agenda garbage.

I don't feel too aggrieved though, i got Yakuza 5 4 free

Normalfags ruined my fucking hobby and a once decent platform

Theyll go to shit like walking sims and MOBAS
No fucks given

Last time i checked, trials were free.

Last time I checked you don't "own" trial versions.

It's the full game, fam

Yeah? What happens if you stop paying for psn?

Nothing. Do you think people suddenly lose all of their games if they let their psn run out?

Yeah