Driver: You Are The Wheelman

This is objectively the best driving game ever made, and it works fairly well on modern system. Why is this game so rarely discussed here? Why no mods?

I tried to get it to run on Win7. Guess you need XP or earlier.

Most people I know who played it quit at the tutorial.

Tried compatibility options or checking pcgamingwiki

It ran perfectly on my win7 64bit laptop though.

The tutorial was piss easy compared to the rest of the game actually. I use WASD+numpad.

The second is fun with the occasional retarded mission. Is it the same without ramps and off-road parts?

Who needs ramps when you got San Francisco?

There's an off road bonus level.

The second one's biggest flaw is being released on an outdated hardware. The graphics are blurry and the framerate is shit. Had they released it on PC and PS2, I'd like it much more.

I know what I'm watching tonight.
What are some other Driver vibe movies?
Driver was the sickest shit. I still load it up every now and then. That garage tutorial is brutal until you figure out how to actually play, then it's a breeze and cruising through the city is wicked fun.

That garage level tho.

Blazing Magnum. Good luck finding a copy though. It's an obscure flick.

Yeah, the 180 reverse is really difficult without knowing how to do it.

Is San Francisco any good?

Actually come to think of it I kind of want to marathon the series. Does anyone have some gud links for them before I go looking around?

San Francisco is a great game, mostly because it gave up trying to catch up with gta and did it's own thing, which is, emulate the first one but with humor.

The only better game would be Driver: San Francisco. Truly the Driver series has the best car chases out of any game series. I love those games, the PC version of 1 still looks great too.

More arcade-y, but still great. One of the best arcade racing games I've ever played tbh. The last great ubi game.

I dislike how the crashes lack weight though, and how ramming all objects doesn't make you lose control.

Just city driving or car movies? City movies are: The Italian Job, The Driver, Gone in 60 Seconds, Ronin had a good car chase, and of course Bulitt. Vanishing Point is slower, and more about the american highway. The Junkman is nice, not as good as Gone in 60 Seconds, its prequel.

Yeah, and Stuntman is cool too. I assume so is Destruction Derby.>>10473454

70s crime flicks with cool car chases I suppose.
I loved French Connection, but that ending was a heart breaker. I'm downloading Bullitt, and 'The Seven Ups' since it was also directd by the guy that made French Connection, but that sounds a bit low brow from the description.

The Driver sounds pretty cool. I think I'll grab that too. I'm guessing you're talking about the 1970s gone in sixty seconds and not the 2000 one with the head-cage-of-bees actor?

You are clearly NOT the wheelman.

Admit it, this game was full of shit. Thats just trial and error dificulty just like Dork Souls.

It's a very subtle balance. Too easy and you have Stuntman Ignition, which is fun, but easy. Too hard and you get trial and error.>>10474548

Stuntman is great. Stuntman: Ignition is shit. It's way too easy, and all you do is fishtail for points since fishtailing counts as drifting.

I dont think so, fucking the player over because of something he has no way of knowing is just bullshit, not "hard'. Some games can be balls hard without any trial and error bullshit.

driver 3 was fun, way better than gta ever was

I hate timers in video games. instant deal breaker.

downloading it
you best not be joking nigger

except dork souls is only trial and error if you're a literal retard

It's not trial and error. It's just extremely unforgiving, I'm sure driving that fast in real life with all cops in the town tailing you is unforgiving too. Be extra precise, be stealthy at any possible moment, try not to piss off the cops if you don't have to, open the map all the time, and watch your timer. Everything will be very fine.

Have a bump, OP. I was playing this recently, contrary to some posts here, it runs well on Win 7 64 bits.
A great game indeed, one of the few driving games that have a cruise control, so you can easily manage your speed in a time without analogical input. The cities are small and empty compared to today standards, but I had countless hours just aimless driving around.
Also, this game knows to keep its focus, on driving, that's it, keep it simple! Great chases, hard missions with a bit of randomness that is a blessing and a curse, a shame the second one never came to the PC and is stuck with the poor PSX frame rate and lack of rear mirror.