Never heard of it?

Like it?
Hate it?
Worth it so far?

8ch guild?

Other urls found in this thread:

albiononline.com/en/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For fuck sakes user why must you tease me.

What does this game offers to fags like me who like to do trading and crafting?

It plays like Fable TLC? If not, fuck it.

Last thing I saw about it from the devs said that it was unlikely that F2P would happen near launch because it would detract from developing the rest of the game

So far, as far as I can tell, most of what BDO offered and more, and not from a shitty korean publisher that will kike you after 6 months

never played that, movement and combat seem similar to diablo/torchlight/etc with a little bit of dota thrown in

To the thras it goes, then. If I wanted to play Diablo or Torchlight, I'd play Diablo or Torchlight.

I'm guessing Albion comes from the Fable series¿

Is the game not shit?

I was interested, but you absolutely lost me there

This is the way the image is meant to be user.

I've played it for like 6 hours, everything I know about it is from the first few areas after the starting zone (5 out of like 60+ zones) and the few videos I've seen. It's pretty fun so far.

by that I mean the only way to move is by clicking (that's how it is in dota, right? I haven't played it in forever because it's shit) and you have qwer dfg ability binds by default (again don't remember exactly how dota is) other than that it's pretty standard ARPG combat as far as I can tell, though I have relatively limited experience with those as well

It's also designed to be playable on android and currently that is very apparent in the UI and gameplay, though I imagine eventually they will make changes to it so it plays better on pc

It's different, user. Torchlight by itself is just a copy of Diablo, and considering what this game is, I'm absolutely sure both Diablo and Torchlight are bond to be better.

Since this is Albion, probably from the Fable serie, I thought it could maybe be like Fable. ButI was expecting too much, thought.

and I don't mean to say it feels terribly like a mobile game, it's just the controls are very basic and the ui is definitely designed to be touch screen friendly (this is most noticeable in the backpack ui)

so what, is this like Fable got knocked up in a Diablo/Torchlight 3-way and this abortion got shat out?

The only thing it seems to share with diablo/torchlight is the combat. It has BDO-esque trading, guild, and pvp, with cool things like guild territory control. You also have the ability to change classes basically just by changing gear - there is no traditional skill progression. Instead, items have abilities attached to them that change and become more powerful as the item tier goes up.

Most of it may be unrefined because the game is still in beta (though it is the "final beta", no release date has been announced) One could probably find a video explaining all of that more in-depth, but I won't because I'm tired and going to bed.

didn't mean to sage..

Ohh, I thought you meant moba-like mechanics, I don't mind diablo style combat, which is what you just described. You shouldn't really ever say "it's like dota" if it doesn't use moba mechanics user.
In any case, I just checked the link, I'm not really into the art style but the game looks like it can be fun.

Albion is from arthurian legends ya unlearned peasants. Fable didn't create the word, just ripped it off like every fantasy setting that didn't rip tolkien.
So no, this has nothing to do with Fable.

But what most gamers remeber Albion from is Fable, devs really should have done their homework before naming their game and having a billion guys confused by the game's name.
Take in mind I don't mean they can't name their game "Albion", but it's like if I made a game with the main character named Samus and didn't expect people to relation it with the Metroid series. It's just stupid.

I would ask if it was Metroid, see the promotional artwork or play the game, and then notice its nothing like Metroid?

This game have a fantasy setting, which mademe think it had to do with Fable. And judging by how much the gameplay changed between Fable, I was even more confused.
Also, that's why I fucking asked in the first place.

When does the fucking school year start already. I'm fucking done with summer.

I'm not going to judge because once I complained about Summer 1 month after Summer had ended but school year should have started a month ago or something, user.

It's already started. Summer never ends.

user, Fable was released in fucking 2004
The game is more than a decade old
Asuming anybody interested in playing it was at least 12 years old, which is a vast undestatement since anybody interested on it on release was at least 15, they would be 24 years old.

shit game

Older folks might remember Albion was one of the factions back in Dark Age of Camelot. On top of that the word has been used for centuries. Samus has only been around for thirty.
If someone announced a game called "Sparta" would you say "God of War had Sparta in it, so this new game must be part of God of War!" No, clearly it would part of Halo.
Anyway, just as long as everyone's clear Albion Online has nothing to do with Fable. It might still be shit, but at least it's not Fable.

This isn't related to that old dos RPG Albion w the kangaroo people right?

No. That's insulting to diablo and torchlight. The combat system has somehow taken the assfaggot recipe and then simplified it further and added a global cooldown to all skills.

I don't know anything about this game even after reading the website, but man do I want to fuck Morgana.

Is there anything with huge tits you wouldn't want to fuck?

Got me there user.

School doesn't start here until wednesday.

I bought this game but didnt rly play it, if you fags want to fuck around count me in

this game is about the full loot pvp and eve style economy, "just playing diablo or torchlight" doesnt even make sense you fucktards, theyre not the same genre.

whats with the fucking uneducated peasants in this thread thinking albion is "from fable" and not an independent arthurian legend featured in dozens of games books movies and literally everything.

So when does it release?

What is this crap? It looks like the aborted fetus of a threesome between a MOBA, Civ and Everquest.

Also what kind of uneducated plebian doesn't know what "Albion" means. I want underage fags to leave.

I'll remember that in the future, I don't have much experience with mobas and didn't realize they were that different..

here are some videos talking about the game's system, worth it to learn about the economy, etc
albiononline.com/en/videos
embed related showcases the gameplay
I'll try to (and you could too) find a good overview of the game

I was only using that comparison to describe the combat. Many ignored the other half of the game that I described.

It's still in beta with no release date announced yet, so it definitely still needs work. The economy is pretty cool though.

One poster in a anonymous imageboard mentions the game being "like DotA" and everyone takes it has a valid source.
That's pretty high quality in my book.

standard imageboard behavior

Looks like there aren't any decent, short videos explaining the economy. The user who said it was like EVE was pretty much correct as far as I know about EVE.

I think that guy is just a moron that can't tell the difference between Diablo, Warcraft, and DotA.

It's okay, most of you retards don't know the difference between an ARTS and moba.

I might have trouble. But I've said multiple times that I don't have much experience with ARPGs/MOBAs so with that someone (you) could just correct me.

They said there will be one more character wipe at the end of beta. No interest til they are done with wipes.

I'm somewhat interested in it but the way the game works seems like it will require a lot of time investment. If that's the case I'm not interested in it.

it's ASSFAGGOTS disguised as an MMO
avoid

You could just join a large guild as a sellsword plenty of guilds will want disposable members that can be decked out in stock standard gear simply for numbers in territory battles when they play maybe only 2hrs per week

B-BUT YOU ONLY GET LIKE 5 SKILLS

Assfaggots confirmed