This is getting out of hand

Why do people like this shit game instead of actually good games? This isn't even a real space sim.

You're a fucking mindless animal if you think this means jack shit. If the world does not have substance then what incentive do you have to explore it? You could tell this cartoony mess was shit the moment they showed game footage. There's no combat, building, or any sort of new gameplay mechanics making it worth a damn. Anyone with common sense would know that all of those different planets would be recycled just like any other procedural generated game. You should have learned that from Spore.

And don't fucking come in this thread saying "yeah OP you're right! Elite Dangerous is better!" No.It's a poorly designed "space sim" for bandwagon morons, just like Overwatch.

You have no excuse to be playing trash released after 2013 unless it's open sourced, a mod, a fan-made game, or something of the like. There are thousands of games you should be clearing from your backlog. Video games are not going to get better.

Other urls found in this thread:

shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=33790
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol

preaching to the choir

People defend this shit because they are in denial, they don't want to believe that the spent $60 (or more) for a shitty gimmicky game

have you considered that judging a game with so many planets (85 quintillion) before seeing them all is ignorant and stupid?

If that's the case then that's good. I just need to put it out there.

fuck off

Hype, lies, and buyers remorse.

I'm curious to see whether this thread will get more symphatetic NMS haters or asshurt overwatch obsessed casuals.

The ral question is why are people still shelling out $60 for CONSOLE games. Have people lost their minds?

How does hype even work? If you know a game will be good or bad, which you could easily tell always since 2003 because of the internet, then you shouldn't be acting like a crazed woman over it. Are these not grown men?

Wasn't this (((game))) eating shit from all the backlash?

The thing is, the backlash is over there being no online. Why people couldn't figure out they were bullshitting about this to begin with is beyond me

Because the people who were hyped for this game are not gamers. This is probably the first time many of them have experienced the process all the way through. They'll have to experience it several more times before it sinks in, either directly or by observation. Learning takes repetition.

This. Just because seasoned autismos can small bullshit a year away, doesn't mean some random normalfag is equipped to recognize the situation.

That's still no fucking excuse for pre-ordering though

That's a hard pill to swallow but ok.

I only watch about 1 movie a year, yet i dont call myself a movie buff. These people play maybe the most hyped shitty vidya, can they be called gamers?

Yet another Nu Male Sky thread…

Absolutely this.

It's normalfags being awed by the "U CAN DO ANYTHING" meme that comes with procedural generation.

i didn't buy it so stop talking like anons here where part of the mindless sheeple group who like fast food games.

It is a fact that there are more sheeples than people with brains. And thats where publisher focused on. You are not the target audience, get this in your brain!

KJust look how the tutorials are made for those games. COD tutorial is like watching sesamstreet for kids where each button is shown in their colore and it is shown you exactley how to push it. Think about it, this is only made for morons who knowjack shit.

There are more sheeples as you might think. And that's why fast food games will always sell well, will always be pre-orderd and hyped to the heaven and back.

Do you know what fucking pisses me off about this? The people who reiterate the phrase "it's nothing a few patches can't fix." The entire game is broken and they think a 10MB patch will fix that. What the Hell is wrong with them.

You can bet your tight virgin asshole that a sizeable number of posters here have bought NMS. The smart ones don't mention it, the dumb ones make the threads about it.

Nobody I know that plays puzzle games on their phones considers themselves a gamer, if you were to point out that they're playing video games on their phones they'll openly mock you.

How do you convince them otherwise, I'm not making any headway so far.

If they only play the newest most advertised game then they're hardly involved in gaming, OP. People who are involved actually search for news about vidya and play games not advertised in mainstream news outlets because they're not content with simply being spoonfed information unlike normalfags.

Also have you even seen what the other NMS threads are like? Holla Forums doesn't like the game, the only good thing to come out of all this is the salt and sperging out of deluded fools who parted with $60 for a game that is not only horribly optimized and prone to crashes, but is also drastically incomplete compared to what was shown in the trailers and what the devs said would be there.

I still can't even get my pirated version to actually work! My computer just NOPEs the fuck out before it even finishes the title sequence, and I've got hardware sufficient to play anything pre-2015 at 1080p 60fps.

I'm keeping it that way as a testament to the failure of the modern video game industry. Remember when the only way your game would fail to work is if you needed to blow into it before wiggling the cartridge a little bit? Where "crashes all the fucking time" wasn't expected?

I remember, and I fucking want it back.

this

retards, casuals and normalfags

/thread

10GB, maybe

but he's right. we already know this, it's the normalfags that have to be informed. or gassed, it's all the same to me.

are you retarded m8? those mouth-breathing normalfag retards aren't gamers. they're barely even human.

for what purpose

Go drink some bleach.

I pirated it and it worked okay, aside from alt+tab causing crashes, but the 4 hours I spent in it are 4 hours I could have spent doing something more enjoyable, like cleaning my floors.

What struck me the most was how the game was utterly devoid of creativity or ambition. The achievements for walking were bad enough, but when I finally got around to going to a space station, and saw that it was just one room with an alien and a trade terminal, I had to uninstall. It was just too pathetic.

To see what the shitstorm was about.

Because it feels good to defend anything from persecution. Rather than giving a flying fuck about what is right and proper. I've seen sturdier jello than this rising generation.

I actually took the time to try NMS (pirated obviously) and what really stood out to me was how incredibly shit the spaceflight controls are and the fact you can't look around the cockpit is enormously frustrating. How on earth they could fuck up basic flight controls so badly when it's one of the fundamentals of a space exploration game is beyond me.

How DOES the spaceflight work? Is it just "flies mostly like an airplane with engines pointing in all directions; to get somewhere point at it and thrust in a straight line" like fucking every other space game? I'm sure it is.

Fuck, I want more games where at least the CONCEPT of orbital mechanics is a thing.

Man… it's worse than I thought! There's fucking DOS games with more visual complexity than that.

Point in a direction, hold down W (and shift if you want to get there sometime today). You can also roll by pressing A/D.
There's also shooting, but I didn't find the game entertaining enough to play long enough to get into space shooting.

There are DOS games with more complexity than most of the faggot garbage that passes for modern vidya.

Yeah it's really cool how you can't see where you're landing on planets, you just fly over a spot hit E and hope for the best.

Well, yes, that goes without saying. But DOS games have that complexity mostly under-the-hood like Dwarf Fortress.

My point was that, in a game coming out at a time when graphics are EVERYTHING (and often the-only-thing) of importance to most casual players, they couldn't even be bothered to make this game have complex graphics for things like a space-station?

Yup, that's not the worst part though, the worst part is it's a complete pain in the ass to even point your spaceship in the direction you want to go. Pitch controls are permanently bound to the mouse and if you think it'll be simpler to switch to a controller for spaceflight fucking forget about it unless you enjoy the tedium of going into the options to reset inverted controls every time you want to go explore on foot.

Not to mention the fantastically retarded decision to have all spaceships handle the exact same so literally the only reason why you'd ever spend money on a fancier ship is for the sake of a larger inventory.

I got your point, it's entirely pitiful how reigned in the scope of this game is and many others.

From what I understand you can't even craft anything except for spaceship parts and there's only like 6 mine-able resources. The small amount of gameplay I saw from the very beginning, it seemed to me like that intro-level spaceship has a big enough inventory for just that.

What do you need that space FOR?

Far as I can understand the main concern is fuel, you've got to have tons of resources with you to craft enough fuel for any jump that takes you further than one system at a time.

That sounds suspiciously like enforced grinding to pad out the length of the game. Reminds me of Starbound back when the only thing you could power your ship with was coal and it took like 100 motherfucking units of it to get anywhere.

Not that I doubt you, but how would that go?

Mobile games are not experiences, they're time-wasters. They're things you do when waiting for a bus or at a dentist's appointment or during commercial breaks of a TV show. It's not supposed to be an "experience" or even particularly "fun"; its only purpose is to keep your mind occupied. Mobile games are a variation on crosswords/sudoku or (God forbid) reading was in decades past. Modern people will fucking DIE if they aren't constantly being entertained/stimulated by something outside themselves; their own minds frighten them and so they stay out of there as much as possible.

This

Ring Runner Flight Of The Sages does it well, for a 2D game. It doesn't have orbiting but it has this very pronounced feeling of drifting in space. In fact one of the earliest levels in the game is you ejecting out of your shitty ship and having to manage limited eject pod fuel to maneuver through a junkyard and find yourself an even worse ship

tfw when you play inverted on foot for more than two decades.

I was never once hyped for the game, I actively called Sean Murray out on his bullshit, I never thought it'd amount to anything, I didn't buy it, I didn't check the storepage, I pirated it just a day ago, after hearing the endless squabbles over just how shit it is.

And I was still disappointed.

great thread OP

I never heard of this game until 8ch trolled it recently.
Downloaded it off TPB while everyone else prepaid.
Enjoying it.
Watching newfags cry. Tears so delicious.

Life isnt so simple that once you're older you're immune to hype. People are different, and some are gullible, with shit taste, and seem to be immune to change even when getting their ass burned by shit games over and over. Only logical explanation for No Mans Sky tbh.

How mad can you be? If you hate it why make a thread?

Holla Forums doesn't play anything from the past say… 4 years.

I tried to make a personal GOTY list, after 2014 though I got nothin.

You know what I enjoy most about this game?
That it makes insecure kids angry knowing someone enjoys something they don't. Too bad you can't force me to change my opinion OP.

Shills have finally arrived, I see

Speak for yourself, I play all kinds of games, including new ones. GOTY of 2015 is either Witcher 3 or Underrail, depending on your taste unless you're a faggot, in which case I guess Undertale. Other than those, 2015 was mostly full of shit (Failout 4, Star Wars: Battlefield, Rise of Womb Raider, etc.). Honorary mentions go to Dying Light, for somehow taking everything from Dead Island and making it not-shit (I didn't think that was possible), and Life is Strange which, despite being full of hipsters and stale memes, uses mechanics that push the visual novel genre (the mainstream branch) farther than fucking Telltale with their bullshit.

There are also some console games, but I'm a PC player so I wouldn't know.

I mean you have squids.

I wrote at the end that I only play on PC. I really wouldn't know.

Dying light sucked and D4 is better than life is strange

Dying Light was okay and D4 was unoptimised as fuck and didn't seem to have any worthwhile mechanics unless you love QTEs

You know, I don't think this newer generation has had a good game ever mass marketed to them. I think that might be the problem. I showed my younger cousins F Zero GX and loved it, and I know they still wouldn't go out and buy a new one unless journos or jewtube told them to. I think people just care how heavily marketed a game is really. Like they all just want to be in on the hot new craze. It's not even the games anymore, it's being hip normalfags care about.

You're wrong. The real issue is that normalfags still think that popularity = quality. "user, if it wasn't good, then why would everyone play and talk about it?" This fucking argument makes my blood boil

Then play Rouge System

It's easy, user, normalfags don't have taste and the only way to get info about a game is to watch lets players shills or read pay-for-reviews. When doing strategic planning for games the publishers know this and that marketing is very relevant and effective, game being good is not that relevant and so you know what happens. What's worse there are so many fucking journos preaching their *rubs hands* games that it goes into area of mass propaganda, thus you get rabid fanatics with no brain/opinion of their own. Add to that the only way good games can be acknowledged is by word of the mouth and this doesn't happen often with small publishers without piracy, which AAA assholes totally don't like.
I don't think anything can be done to that shit, but what's good it means there's a space for quality games that can be profitable even without million dollar marketing, thus we get those occasionally.

Gee OP, I don't know.

Excellent tastes, Anonymous.

I actually like these games but they're shit GOTY choices.

ME is wasted potential, it wasn't particularly good and people only liked it because it could have made a great series.FO3 is pure shit, Asscreed II and Bamham suffer from the same problem of monotony and not adding anything new to the genre.

Ignore the triple eyyy crap and actually bother to look for games and you will find there are several great games released every year.

How can you even enjoy that shit?

It's borderline unplayable

Discussion/=playing

If you would rather talk about vidya than play them maybe you are a filthy casual and should find another hobby.

Sometimes I think the people making these threads are Sean himself just to viral market and that's why it could sell what it did. Constantly, 24/7 and nonstop. Holy shit.

W and S accelerate and decelerate, A and D roll, mouse up/down pitches and mouse left/right also rolls. The mouse pitch is particularly frustrating, because you have to drag your mouse like a spaz to do any kinds of maneuvers. All ships handle the same. You can not crash into planets, your spacecraft automatically veers into horizontal plane as soon as you are about 20m above ground, and you can NOT point down and fly into the surface on purpose. Landing is done by pressing E, and the spacecraft automatically turns itself parallel to the ground almost in an instant (even if you were upside down) and lands itself neatly.

This is the worst shit ever.

Jesus christ, there are a hundred other games you could've picked, what the fuck are you doing nigger?

Oh good, another No Man's Sky thread…

Squids had too many fuckups

Because it makes you mad.

(checked)

Slavs make good games, Sean is a britcuck. That said Playtonic/64 era Rare exists so not all bongs are bad.

I LOVE open world sand box games.

I liked Skyrim. I like FO3, FONV, FO4. I liked the first Mass Effect, I even enjoyed the terraforming in spore.
I know, I know shit taste.
I became bored with this game very quickly. I honestly don't see how anyone can really like it. It's basically forced grinding and regurgitated landscapes. Space travel is boring as all hell. In my experience all the new animals are basically deer or dinosaurs with different insect heads.

I don't know wtf I was thinking when I bought this game. Every fucking time a dev starts talking about having a diverse and inclusive team, I need to realize their priorities are fucking whacked.

Terraforming in Spore was pretty legit with the initial tools like summoning meteors because it was like driving nails with a sledgehammer. Once you got the advanced tools like the cloud ray and refrigeration ray it became way too easy.

But that was pretty much the only part of the game that felt exactly like the demo, so I appreciated it a lot.

I just wanted a flyin' around in space simulator. I don't care about crafting, or a story, or grinding resources. I don't fucking care about any of that. All I wanted was to visit weird planets and look at Spore RNG animals. I literally wanted a non-game to relax to, which they somehow fucked up by turning it into space minecraft. Also the procedural generation of everything is terrible and all the planets look the same, but with instagram filters.

there will be literal duplicate 1:1 planets. they didn't make enough assets to cover each unique planet.

Pirated it, it's pretty comfy.

NOT WORTH 60 BUCKS THOUGH.

I don't even think it's worth 20.

They don't like it. Who said they liked it?

Oh no you don't, you're not going to trick me into believing NMS hasn't bombed by turning it into a chance to hate on casuals or normalfags or whatever other imaginary group you want me to discharge that energy on.

Fuck you.

Who likes it though?

All I've seen are people criticising it. Some faggots made youtube channels a year before release, milking footage to death and speculating about every little detail. There was a channel named "No mans sky gamer" around before the game was even out.

If those faggots show any disappointment, they will look like gullible fools and idiots having glorified that game on the basis of minimal information years before release. Besides the actual lies from Mean Surray, such idiots started grandiose fantasies about this game which had no basis in anything.

I think there are a few faggots who try to pretend not to be disappointed. I'd be surprised if someone genuinely likes it.

open world is actually really fun, I hate forced linearity in games.

maps used to be so much more complex and now everything is being stuck in some narrow hallway or a failed boring giant open world where you can't do anything.

what would be fun is a fully interactive environment open world version of red faction guerilla, best destruction engine EVER.

I would go all over the place breaking everything and crashing, it would be so much fun.

Daily Reminder

I'm having fun playing this game.

It just hit me.
These types of "procedural generated open world survival crafting" games are the new Modern Military Shooter that were so popular from 2007-2012.
Modern Warfare was the trigger for that fad, and Minecraft was the trigger for this one.

So basically you're a mindless idiot that buys into mindless attributes rather than actual substance.

then you're subhuman

What's it like to live life interpreting data 4+ years after the fact?

Good

Because people will lie to themselves to try and be happier. These people probably preordered, got extremely hyped about it, probably thought the game would be the second coming of Jesus in game form, so they're basically lying to themselves because they put so much investment into one shit game and why would they ever make a mistake with their purchases? They'd rather go through mental gymnastics than ever admit they could have made a mistake.

Or, ya know, they just have shit taste.

but it can be corrected right?

This is bait, right?

It's because people were sold on the hype, they were never sold on the actual game.

Same reason why morons bought the wii u when it had no games. They will continue to buy horrible garbage to keep things like amiibos afloat.

Yes.
He posted it a few days ago and it was clear he was baiting because he replied to everybody saying shit like "so you're saying I should add Angry Birds?"
He didn't even make the image, the filename shows it's little over two years ago.

People don't know the value of money nor the value of time. They are under the impression that money just comes and goes and they have infinite time, they waste both on shitty games.

Depends on how fucked they are. If you point out the flaws, one of two outcomes will happen. The unlikelier one is that you show them the error of their thinking and they'll see the lack of quality once you break the mental image of perfection, ultimately leading to them becoming more critical in the future. The more likely outcome however is that these people will turn on you for attacking the image because, as I said, "how could they make a mistake?" They don't want to believe they paid 60 bucks for a shit game. They want to feel validated for their hype and wasted money. They'd so much rather pretend they were right than confess they were wrong.

stop making threads about it and watch it disappear into obscurity.

But user, if we don't insult other companies then we will have to be critical about our own purchases! We can't have that!

Nigger this is the exact same shit that happened with anita. Threads spammed EVERYWHERE all day every day for MONTHS. Sure they said "look at this, isn't she retarded?" and her popularity grew with every "ironic" click.

You hate this game? VOTE WITH YOUR FEET

I only started playing this game after it was trolled on 8ch. I downloaded it off TPB and played about 30 hours so far. It's not bad.

Those who pre-ordered deserve what you got.

So what is the status on anons trying to reach the center of all 13 galaxy's?

There's 255.
Nothing happens when you get to the 255th. It just repeats that one over and over.
The entire game is a fucking shame. There is nothing at the centre of the universe. This entire game was just a cashgrab with zero effort put into it.

And the galaxies aren't even real. If you discover a world in galaxy 1 it'll be at the same coordinates in galaxy 2 already discovered by you.

Absolutely lazy. They could have actual tried to make the different.

You've got to be shitting me!?
There is less and less point to this game every time I hear something new about it.

Protostar is better than NMS. Also ED is as much a scam than SC.

You are a cool guy. Thank you

On the bright side, there are mods. It's possible to change the annoying announcer in your suit to Moonman.

Dunno buddy, go figure it yourself instead of creating another shit thread about NMS. If you're not torrenting games in 2016 you are literally retarded.

It really feels as if every garbage thread about NMS is actually (((embed marketing))) practices.

As in, you see the OP and your brain picks up certain keywords, besides the image that's already associated with the fucking game, such as "why do people like this shit game" and "OPEN WORLD" as if it tried to subtly answer itself and engrain that into the mind of whoever reads this shit.

I may be giving these fucks too much credit but then again, marketing forms a big part of AAA trash's budget.

We already know that it's a fact that this game's shit so why do these threads keep appearing?

So Holla Forums how would you fix this game?Here's how I would do it.
OR

The only mystery here is why you're such a paranoid asswipe.

I didn't even download the Alex Jones app yet.

You unironically think marketers would come to a pedo filled honeypot to market games to 100+ users?

As if it was expensive or unthinkable to pay an Indian with an English Degree and basic IT skills cents, to push a shit game made by Molyneux's inbred kid, using tactics designed by some retard that just graduated from marketing school.

Call your superior, so he can fire you lmao.

Well yes, considering you're here.

Fuck… this just makes me really want a game based on vid related.

lmao no

Have some shitty OC.

Indeed I am.

so…is there any way to stop them from getting away with this ever again?

will games ever be good ever again?

you can start by not playing on consoles

Even the very first year is bait
Space invaders came out in 1978 and in 1979 the clones including the one in the pic flourished everywhere, adding next to nothing to the premise, so putting that game as GOTY 1979 is pretty much like picking a game at random.
Something like Asteroids or Lunar lander would be a much better fit for that year.

I tell them Hello Games is considering paid DLC and has already been working on two new games. Some people still say, "yeah, but maybe we'll get free patches, too" but many realize NMS will get dropped for the next hype game.

Didn't school start for you faggots yet? Go to bed.

Apparently it's possible to accidentally and irrecoverably break a main quest line, but enough of the rest of the game is broken that you can't even realize it.

shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=33790

8ch0n is being name dropped constantly in the mainstream media
Why is this ALWAYS the first go to response from a shill?

You put more thought into your idea then NMS did with theirs.

Thgere always have been marketers on chan boards. Whether it's 4chan or Holla Forums. Denying it means you are a marketer or a shill.

Around two more weeks.

Mah nigga!

Can I be FUCKING real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.

A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yeah but…"

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory.

Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILLION of them.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

1v1 me

I bought it a year ago.

Despite there being a decent selection by then, how many fucking years did that take?

I'm glad I'm not the fag who bought it on release.

10/10, copypasta saved for future baiting.

It is pasta. It came from a Reddit post originally though, which means someone did actually type that with sincerity

Holy shit, did you make this up or is it from somewhere?

HA! That is incredible. People really begin to worship these games off the hype.

yes and?

Perhaps you are not familiar with the "GRAN HIGH CULT OF YOU CAN DO ANYTHING" yet?

This group of autists are the dream rube for the boys in marketing. They follow their youtube 'influencers' and twitch screamer streamers and repeat the 'get hype' brand loyalty indoctrination mantra till they not only believe the shilled game of choice is the second coming of jesus christ -but this time its really happening and not another let down!- but also they must defend their prepurchase online with rabid zeal because criticism of the brand is a personal attack on their own self worth.
Their activation word is always some variation of "you can go there" or "you can do anything" or any other term suggesting no limits to gameplay, which logically everyone knows is impossible but usually these people are unintelligent depression suffering losers to be blunt, they NEED the ur-game to appear and give their life meaning.

So they go through this shit every other year. Spore, Destiny, No Mans Sky, Sim City, Fallout 4 the list increases every year.

They never learn because like a beaten wife "its really going to be better this time, they promised!" and in their sad desperation they convince themselves of that.

It is a religion for the new millenium. Taking the low brow mainstream consumer whore and turning them into a groundswell of brand foot soldier defenders that do it for free and think it was their own opinion/idea to do so.

Kind of like how Goons lurk here because "we need to save the suburban godesses from hate chan" and scream about 'template threads' and other buzzwords. If people are dumb enough you can convince them to do anything and more to the point convince them it was their own idea to do so to begin with.

I thoroughly enjoyed this.

nigger, get some perspective.

you all went ape-shit for 4 months or more after FO4 doing the same exact shit you're doing now. your voice is cancer manifest.

wtf you talking about you autist?

Holy shit. I knew I wasn't the only one who thinking of intergalactic mailmen being a neat idea for a game.

REX
REX TREMENDAE
MAJESTAAAAAAAAATIS

That sounds like a mod issue. Don't let me stop you from shitting on random systems/companies/vidya because of your bias. It wouldn't be Holla Forums without that. ;^)

I wanna see that video. Have any of them tasty links, user?

getta load of this pleb

moonman edit with burning crosses where the middle table is when?

Wait, really? Exploding vans and all?

You basically just described Frontier Elite.

except theres only one radio station: Classic FM

I have completely lost the urge to masturbate for the past week or so.
Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Not a all. Fluctuations are common.
Have you maybe started doing cardio lately? They tend to increase oestrogen levels.
Stress might be another factor, as well.

Have you changed a diet or anything?
Also, if you masturbated regularly then skipped a day or two you can just sort of lose that desire.

I've been doing stuff like jogging for years ago, so that can't have been it.
I'm one of the most laid-back people you could ever meet.

Yes, actually. I've started eating a lot less.
I didn't skip a day or two, I just suddenly lost all want or need to jerk-off. I used to have an uncontrollable lust at night, but that's gone now.

Wait a second, you are telling me there's no "new game" option? So not only are you fucked if something gets messed up and you can't reach the magic reset button in the middle of the galaxy (like it happened to the guy in that blogpost), but if two people want to play with the same copy of the game (say, you and your gf/wife/little brother/room mate/mother/dog/whoever else lives with you) you can't?

Great stuff

What the FUCK? What the bloody motherfucking FUCK?!? I mean, sure, I've seen some games in extremely early alpha (like Starbound three years ago) that were pretty broken in terms of saving, forcing you to do stuff like make manual backups and shove them into other folders so you could copy/paste in case of some kind of game-breaking bug. This is what you accept when a game you download for free is advertised as being something like 5-10% complete.

But a RELEASE GAME that doesn't have ANY ability to manage saves? That only has autosaves? That DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO START OVER?! I mean… what…?? This is like shipping out a game where a vital control function was just not mapped to any key and couldn't be remapped. Whoops! Sorry, guys.

Out of everything I've heard about this game, the lies, the shilling, the bugs and crashes, and 18 quintillion planets that are all the same and none of them fun, THIS is the one thing that takes the cake for me. This isn't just making a BAD game; this is failing to provide a basic service essential to ANY game. This isn't manufacturing a Yugo; this is manufacturing a car without a fucking brake pedal installed.

It's because the game is the same all the way through, so there is no difference from one planet to the other.

So even if you could start a new game, it would feel exactly the same. I guess the devs realized this and said "just fuck it, the goyim won't notice".

Epic.

So I'm downloading Space Engine, because I like the idea of comfy space exploration, but I don't like shit games - so that's pretty much my only option left apparently.

I'm running Celestia now, and it's starting to show it's age. I'm certainly going to give SE a fair shake, but just out of curiosity - how accurate is SE compared to Celestia? I'm not really digging the whole "procedurally generated" content for stuff we don't know - at least, not unless it's clearly marked that it's based on shit the program just pulled out of it's digital ass rather than actual astronomical data. So how accurate it is it for the stuff we do have data for? I heard some people complaining about binary (or greater) star systems not being properly represented - but Celestia also has a bit of an issue with that.

What about features? Will I be able to use SE to predict solar eclipses, or fast-forward/rewind time to accurately predict the movement of celestial bodies? Does it have any plugins or animations or features - such as tracking the Cassini-Huygens probe from launch to landing? Or the Shoemaker-Levy asteroid impacts on Jupiter? What about a recreation of the proposed collision of Theia and Proto-Earth? How accurate is the data for each celestial body, and can I click on a star and open a link to an astronomical catalog to read more about it?

I the time it took you to write that post you probably could have done some research yourself.

Was there some useful advice? I kinda have that too, also for a week. But it's neither cardio, diet or doing it every day.

SONY
H
I
L
L

I downloaded this game for zero dollars from kickass torrents, and I actually enjoy it quite a bit. I think if it were 25-30 dollars it would be pretty good value.

You can go over to the no man's sky nexus and they already have 3 pages of mods for it and it's only been out a week. I snagged a few of them. I got the mod which removes the little delay before doing various things. It doesn't seem like a big deal, it takes almost a second to complete an action, but if you think about playing it for 20 hours, all those seconds probably add up to several minutes of wasted time. That was a bad design choice. Easily fixed.

I also snagged a mod which makes space less colorful. I think its probably personal preference. No man's sky is too colorful. I don't mind if a planet has a green sky and blue grass and red water but when I go into space, space is fucking black. Sure there might be a little nebula here and there but generally not green space or blue space. I like my space like I like my coffee and my metal. BLACK.

I also picked up a mod which lets you actually control your space ship. You can tell they designed this game for 4 year olds because it's physically impossible to crash your ship. At first I thought maybe it just had bad controls but it's a goddamn autopilot that refuses to let you do anything that might harm the ship. So I got the mod, it lets me fly right into shit and fuck up my ship. I've almost died because of this, on several occasions, and that's how it fucking should be. I like having control over my flight path, and if I want to fly underwater like a submarine, I'm gonna do it. Mods for the win.

So what I suggest, is all you people that are super buttfrustrated about this little indie game made by 15 people… just don't fucking buy it. Nobody is forcing you. Or wait 6 months. They will patch it up, fix the bugs, add some DLC, and once the modding community beats the encryption on the guts of the game we will see an explosion of sweet mods that will turn this rough little gem into a flawlessly cut piece of bling that will truly live up to the hype. Plus by then it will be half price.

Getting a game at launch is always going to be shit. Just look at WB and their Dark Knight game, it was a fucking disaster. They had hundreds and hundreds of employees. Hello Games had 15. FIFTEEN. I can count the number of devs on my fucking hands and feet with a whole foot left over. It's a goddamn miracle that this game is even as good as it is. People should be happy, not bitching and whining like a pack of inbred millenial shits too entitled to appreciate a goddamn thing. Kindly go fuck yourselves. Some of us remember the dark ages before the internet and believe me when I say, if an apocalypse ends civilization more than 80% of you millenial and post millenial sperglords will not survive.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that this isn't elaborate bait.
None of this justifies the lies this game was sold on or the blatant hyping behind it or the biggest cop out for an ending with a 60 autism bux price tag to boot.

I thought the game was gonna be as wide as the ocean and as shallow as a puddle and low and behold, it's a endless fest of mining for shit and moving on to the goal of getting to the centre.

If this game was something coming out from the left field on a small price tag then I don't think there would be as much shitting on it for a game as bland as it is.

The issue was how this was going to be the next big thing, it was going to do everything while the devs said next to nothing about what the game is. The fact they had lied over key components such as multiplayer and damage controlled to the degree they did. The fact that fucking people piled onto this game without a hint of skepticism of how a 15 man team was going to make the mother of all games that would be the golden standard.

It's like the shilling and marketing of evolve cranked up to 11 with the disappointment of spore without the sad side. It deserves the reputation it has earned.

why user

I do some game development myself. It's hard to make a game. You start by planning out the features you want, and then you work towards that goal, but eventually you run our of time and a deadline looms large on the horizon. No Man's Sky even got delayed and I assume it's because they had to do some triage and cut a lot of features that were not working out and focus on doing a bit of polish on the things they did have working correctly.

This game should have been a $30 early access game and everybody would be happily expecting it to get better over the next year or two. The fact that it was a $60 console game is what screwed the pooch.

I remember when games were on cartridges and the idea of a day one patch was unheard of, and games got released in a finished form that had been playtested enough to guarantee it wouldnt crash your super nintendo, lol. Times have changed.

I enjoyed spore too, which I also pirated.

This game does have combat. I was on a planet that was super toxic and it was covered in spiky balls which I could zap to get a poison sac that's worth a lot of money but it gives you a 3 star wanted level to harvest one. So I was having a blast running around trying to fill my inventory while blasting sentinels and trying to avoid the beam lasers of the dog sentinels. I would eventually fill my pack and evade the bots and get back to the trading post and make half a million credits. I made over 6 million credits that way and then I went and bought a really cool looking spaceship with 6 more slots than I had in my old one. That was a fun chunk of gameplay.

I just had a space battle with 5 space pirates, that I barely survived. Luckily I had a crapton of titanium to recharge my shields, because I had been genociding sentinels for hours.

Some parts of the game have really good atmosphere too, like exploring an abandoned shelter full of zerg creep that's located at the bottom of an ocean full of man eating whale sized lamprey eels is genuinely creepy.

There is fun to be had in No Man's Sky. When the price drops and they add more content I will probably buy it to support the devs. I do think it's worth $30.

Becuase most gamers now are paste eating retards who will buy and defend anything as long as you advertise it enough because the industry has actually ticked them into believing you need the new hip games in a hobby the only exists because and was built by "Non-hip" people and that new=good and old=outdated/bad no matter what.

And the game's called "Postal 4" right? :^)

Well, asides from a lot of the posts in this thread that has made a good point, the people who bought them are so into it, so invested, that any criticism towards the game feels like criticism towards them as a person.

They aren't used to shitposting or real criticism like here, where your favorite game is torn apart, raped and spat on by just about everyone. This is also why Holla Forums in general can accept that their favorite games are shit

Even reddit doesn't like this game now fuck off

LOL WHAT A COOL SCREEN CAP
thats funny bruh thanks :D Ill save it and repost it in some other thread :)))

Do they ever explain what the in the motherfuck those sentinels are, who made/owns them, why the fuck they're on every planet in the entire cuntfucking galaxy, and why they shoot you if you so much as fart in your general direction?

Because that's the one thing that's keeping me from even pirating and trying it out. A game that revolves around resource collection that violently punishes you for collecting resources for no reason that to increase the length of time it takes you to collect them? Fucking WHY?!

This game is literally a Skinner Box, except it electrocutes you regardless even if you do the correct thing.

A lot of people treat games as time wasters. They don't care about the quality of the experience but instead the hours to dollar ratio. Worst of all, they obsess about the graphics and use that as the indicator of quality to justify their insanity.

The graphics aren't even good though. You could say something about Star Citizen having some inherent value because of how extremely high quality their assets are, but NMS doesn't have jackshit. It's about on par with Planetside 2 in regards to visuals.

Games like this are able to make up for the lacking graphics with vast empty space to kill time. Scale without substance is basically graphics. A shallow obsession

I know a person who actually enjoys Destiny on the PS4 and brags about shelling out literally HUNDREDS of dollars whenever a new expansion, armor set, or whatever the hell comes out
I'm not shitting you, they're gonna spend like $160 bucks soon on some new something coming out for Destiny
This same person was excited for and enjoys No Mans Sky
TL;DR: Normalfags have literally the shittiest taste

That's another shoah, goy. I'm calling the ADL.

Jokes aside, what you're saying about deadlines is true. They also got death threats after postponing the game. So here we have the result! Those idiots sending threats got their game, in its unfinished state, thanks to their threats.

That's what a lot of reviewers, like Raging Ramirez are saying, that the game had the groundwork and potential to be really good, but we've gotten a rushed version, a skeleton of something that could have been fleshed out into a much deeper experience.

Good post.

upvoted :^)

I have not got an explanation for the sentinels yet. They do give you a fair bit of game lore about the sentinels. The Vy'keen waged a sort of holy war against them and the Gek were basically the jews, they really wanted to conquer the world but couldn't do it militarily, so they sort of encouraged the other races to war so that they would weaken their own empires and then focused on becoming ruling the galaxy with an economic victory. There are also some tidbits about experiments on the sentinels, cutting them open to get clues about where they come from, and how they scream, as if they have sapience.

I've also seen youtube theories that perhapse an ancient civilization did the math and determined that the inevitable heat death of the universe is sped up by advanced races that harness the resources of many worlds, so the modus operandi of the sentinels seems to be to patrol the galaxy eliminating anybody running around blowing shit up to use the resources they harvest.

This is not how science works.

How could this game be anything but shit? Although not even space-trucking sim elite dangerous has the ability to chill in your cabin.

The only good thing about No Man's Buy is that it reminded me that decent space/high scifi games exist, like The Precursors

holy shit who cares you arent special for realizing this

What exactly did the guy lie about?

multiplayer
factions
repercussions of actions and general physics
those are the big three that I immediately think of

he lied about your momma not being a loose slut

Consider Batman vs Superman or even better Suicide Squad

Do you know how much suicide squad was hyped among normalfags that don't even read comics? It was all about "Hey I know Harley Quinn. Hey Leto looks cuh-razy"

Is there a more punchable face then these three?

You know, I think it might be the glasses

Urge to… RISING

because people are shit

This is like … procedurally generated disappointment on all levels

I don't see the problem here. The video game industry is doing a great job helping me with my finances.

buddy i dont think you want to be using player numbers as some sort of metric for how enjoyable being able to replay a game is. otherwise we can pretend that static small maps you have to play >100 times for random loot is the gold standard

He's going off marketing material. There's no fucking comparison.

There's webms everywhere of the monstrosities humping each other and/or large boulders.

Even though it's not vidya, Chris Hayes from MSNBC is the most irritating nu-male to me. He's basically a shittier version of Rachel Maddow who purposefully annoys everyone.

When an army of morons keeps repeating how fun and how infinite their favorite(c) game is and how the real draw to the game is discovery, and yet 200.000 people dropped the ball after only two weeks, maybe it's time to find another defence for your "omg it's better than real life, I can do ANYTHING" game.

You can't make Rule 34 of something that doesn't have actual characters.

Jesus Christ, that head/face shape. How can one non-male look like such an ugly deformed rounded potatohead? No strong features whatsoever.