Is hoping for hl3 even worth it anymore?

Is hoping for hl3 even worth it anymore?

Shit Life was never good. Go back to Reddit.

Not even worth a (you)

Just let it go user. It's better to wake up one morning to a surprise announcement than to be scraping through the internet every day looking for the tiniest hint of it being made.

you forgot the pathologic logo

I don't care anymore.

+1

That would apply to most of Holla Forums tbh

Daily reminder the "Holla Forums hates video games!" meme was created by Redditor newfaggots who think being genuinely critical and not a spergish fanboy = hate

I can't even

Meh?

Frankly tired of the FPS genre. Shit, I was getting tired of it when HL2 came around.

ebin

Kill ya'self oniifam

How did SpongeGar became a meme with the normalfags? Do niggers use it to talk about some white girl's fat ass or something?

It's never going to happen, even if Valve released the greatest game ever made it wouldn't live up to the hype

If they find a way to make it multiplayer and slap on a cash shop, then maybe.

Don't bother. At this point if Valve was working on it they would've given some sort of vague hope on it.

Even then it wouldn't live up to what has been an almost 10 year wait. It's more of a joke than Duke Nukem Forever was at this point.

Oh so it is a normalfag nigger meme.

even if it does ever come out, it's not going to be a good game

what?

Pretty sure HL2 was shit anyway.

Facebook. Facebook is the black hole of memes.

If it comes out, it's gonna be shit so far detached from Half Life 2's plot like Half life 2 was to Half Life 1, a mess detached from it's prequel that serves as nothing more than a tech demo.

Half Life 1 was a tightly made game, Half Life 2 was a tech demo on a crummy engine that looks and feels as lifeless and sterile as it can.

So if they come out with a new Half Life, it will be to display the power of this new source engine they're working on, so expect more crap put on top rather than a tightly made game.

YOU
ARE NOT
FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Half Life isn't even that old of a game, where the fuck did I say that I only play old games? Fuck outta here.

meant for

It's more suited for problems that they instinctually react to, e.g gang war, cops coming, local kfc/welfare building goes out of business, that kinda shit.

It stopped being worth it years ago after the HL3 WHEN meme was beginning to lose steam.
Valve let the hype machine run out of gas and left it out to rust. There would be more disappointment if they made it than if they left the story unresolved.

What do these people that keep saying that hl2 was never good try to achieve even?
Like, is it just to fit in or is there some deeper meaning?

Nah.

3 years after its release half the game will be gone.

source?

More than anything, I just want Gaben to come out and say if it even exists. If it came out tomorrow that HL3 isn't even on the table, I'll be upset, but at least I'll finally have closure.

The truth is infinitely more preferable to just ten years (almost) of ambiguous silence.

This.

The game is so far into legendary teritory now that every frame of the game would have to give you an actual orgasm for it to live up to expectations. And even if it did, people would STILL complain.

everyone who ever played half life or half life 2 should just kill themselves now to spare themselves the crippling disappointment of either never getting half life 3 or getting it and it's terrible

Why
Valve has absolutely no incentive to make the game since their revenue streams from steam alone are off the charts and have basically given them a distribution monopoly
I'd say they'd have a disincentive to make the game since it'd never live up to the expectations of people thinking it'd be "the greatest game of all time", and thus would damage the image of Valve as a whole

What does valve even do anyways, VR? steambox? They sure as shit aren't working on games, all the games they're supporting right now are mostly outsourced at this point, and the only games that are even so much as rumored to come out are L4D3 and "source 2 RPG".

No. It's far too late now. Even if by some miracle the game did end up coming out it's almost impossible for it not to be a disappointment. They probably have no answers for a lot of the shit in the series so a bunch of stuff would still go unanswered or poorly answered.

Fuck off back to reddit faggot gamergate was fucking useless btw you do realize no one panders to fucking feminists right? I never seen a commercially successful game that pandered to them and that games that do are heavily ridiculed

We had DNF, we had NEVER EVER happen, we have had all sorts of unexpected things happen, for better or for worse. If anything, I believe this is the work of 'meme magic', or more precisely the Noosphere, where the people of this planet share a sort of collective unconscious. So long as there are people hoping for something, it will eventually materialize. If there's any truth to this Lord Kek nonsense or if the Noosphere is real, we will have a HL3 eventually, so long as people keep the notion alive in their hearts.

We have nothing else to go on at this point. All we can do is keep some vestige of hope alive and then maybe, someday…

T-the year isn't over yet ;_;

bullshit, how hard could it be to make a better game than hl2? I'd rather have a shitty resolution than no resolution. if it turns out to be shit I can always pirate it.

That's the only way it could live up to it's hype

they can't even do the eddy wally wow properly

the fuck is this

If you still care about half life 3 you're an idiot

I always forget about it until I see these threads.

Why even talk about HL3, when we are still waiting for HL2 Ep3?

It would be fucking confusing to continue on from Ep2's cliffhanger in a completely new game. Realize we still have to find out about Aperture Science's missing boat.

Your kids will be waiting for this game. You can stop now.

This again?!

And we're done.