Neat browser games

Unity or Flash, post 'em
kongregate.com/games/FreebordMAD/freebord-the-game

Ignore the retarded name and graphics trainwreck, it's a fun skateboarding game, though some levels can get shitty.

Other urls found in this thread:

nekogames.jp/g.html?GID=gm0000001351&OTP&SID=9003216&r=1333941573&gid=PRM
hoshisaga.jp/hoshi1/
dan-ball.jp/en/
revengeofthesunfish.com/planess.html
ar15.com/gunstruction/
archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2
game-pure.com/flash/combatheaven_next/index_2.html
biomediaproject.com/bmp/lmp/games/
volafile.io/get/tb0aPvKIw65wr/500298_MegaManRPG_C1_FINAL.swf
kongregate.com/games/wx3lab/planetdefender
newgrounds.com/portal/view/371290
kongregate.com/games/krispykrem/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people
kongregate.com/games/LongAnimals/heavy-weapons
jayisgames.com/games/spybot-the-nightfall-incident/
puu.sh/qKC8E/4596d82fef.swf
puu.sh/qKCbX/d0d5fa3203.swf
puu.sh/qKCe6/b743bd7821.swf
puu.sh/qKCfz/c1c1af0fcf.swf
puu.sh/qKChP/35fafb4307.swf
puu.sh/qKCkC/41b0942e08.swf
puu.sh/qKCmg/ee9f6c3a8a.swf
puu.sh/qKCp1/6e0678ae3d.swf
puu.sh/qKCtV/98d492fa15.swf
puu.sh/qKCMe/2dd0c230eb.swf
puu.sh/qKCOD/2cda263c31.swf
puu.sh/qKC4B/841a225b36.swf
puu.sh/qKCa0/d3b8edde07.swf
puu.sh/qKCjk/c03db55fc0.swf
puu.sh/qKCnm/a788a1c265.swf
puu.sh/qKCsd/a175d7e91e.swf
puu.sh/qKCxe/5cfaf58eaa.swf
slay.one
archive.org/details/win3_SKIFREE
kongregate.com/games/misterpersonman/steamshovel-harry
homestarrunner.com/stinkogame/v7/stinkogame.html
homestarrunner.com/disk4of12.html
homestarrunner.com/games.html
oskarstalberg.com/game/house/index.html
eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2004/05/tontie_ver1.html
eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2008/06/isora-and-muku_v0.html
eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2013/03/grow_maze_game.html
eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2007/03/dwarf_complete.html
eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2016/07/grow_rpg.html#monster
tinysubversions.com/game/spelunky/
people.mozilla.org/~vladimir/misc/bench-new/
newgrounds.com/portal/view/362199
archive.is/B3t1U
kongregate.com/games/bjwali/solarmax-2
thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html
mateuszskutnik.com/submachine/
static1.e621.net/data/2e/d7/2ed7a47d8d7b97f49b2d4682ba1b7e3a.swf
puu.sh/qP8G4/c0a4c38368.zip
templar.com/games/mnog/Player.html
molleindustria.org/everydaythesamedream/everydaythesamedream.html
king-soukutu.com/flash/rokko.html
pietro-ferrantelli.itch.io/mobs-inc
itch.io/games/html5
sparklinlabs.itch.io/discover-superpowers
fenglee.com/game/aog/
candybox2.net/
adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qp55GJZnKRY
kongregate.com/games/xdanond/rpg-shooter-starwish
kongregate.com/games/TenebrousP/accelerator
kongregate.com/games/Pseudolonewolf/mardek-rpg-chapter-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

nekogames.jp/g.html?GID=gm0000001351&OTP&SID=9003216&r=1333941573&gid=PRM

You can waste some nice time with this.

hoshisaga.jp/hoshi1/

Also the hoshi saga games

Fuck you now I'm not gonna get any fucking sleep and will be a tired wreck at work in the morning.

Do stage 12 without releasing the mouse faggot.

Does anybody else finds interesting how nobody ever praised and wrote countless articles about flash game devs? Most games are shit but there are a few ones that are actually original and fun.

This sort of special treatment is only given to androgynous hipsters douchebags aparently.

sry for offtopic rant, have this

dan-ball.jp/en/

The thing thing series will never leave me. Nor will the bunny invasion series, nor ALIAS trilogy.

Oh, and if you want to play the original undertale before undertale, check out One Chance. It's got the same pixellated aesthetic, combined with the "only one chance" kinda thing. Only difference here is that One Chance doesn't need a colorful cast of characters nor music to wreck your fucking feels.

Alright, how do I open the chests?

sleepyti.me

I almost made it once. Almost.

There's ギコっぽい. It's like a Japanese Gaia. Useful for weebs.

Sorry user, it's been a while I've played it and I'm on mobile now. going to bed actually

Chests or the locked areas? For areas you need the keys, do areas or buy them. To be honest I can't remember any chests.

these little buggers

Oh, those pieces of shit. No clue, but I once opened one when I collected all the letters. When I collected them on another game they didn't open.

revengeofthesunfish.com/planess.html

dude behind Revenge of The Sunfish is making tiny browser games as small breaks while continuing on a sequel

HOLY SHIT I FOUND IT
THANK YOU

Found this old guide, could be useful. I can personally vouch for most of the games here, especially Submachine if you like point and click games.

I'm a king

Glad I could help.
Didn't know you where looking for it.
I don't know how some of these people are playing it though. Although I guess the original was just a .swf files, and you just needed a shockwave plugin, but not even shockwave have those plugins anymore.

yeah, king for sure

At some point you have to draw a line and just name authors
There are so fucking many good flash games missing here too, it's impossible to name them all. I always recommend Amorphous+ and Click drag type 3, besides the well known Gemcraft series

I didn't say it was a comprehensive guide, just that it could be useful to reference. But yeah, you're right, there are some authors that just kick ass with whatever they put out, like Nitrome and Xgen.

dark cut was lotsa fun monica, cuttin up dem vampires n shit n plodding stakes up in em n shit. altho it was pretty cia to fukkn put garlic n shit in da vampire b4 killin the nigga ne way. forea'l.

This one was a classic.
Thinking about it, that kind was the heyday error for most browser games.

>Madness Retaliation I even got to beta-test the second, but it never released ;-;

My fucking nigger. You're missing Madness Project Nexus, though.

ar15.com/gunstruction/

AK family soon fellow STALKER!

I fucking did it

You also forgot the best of them, too;
==Creeper World (series)==

I wanna fug that krieger

What is this?

they do smile when they murder Xeno, heretics and Traitors in the EMPRAHS name

But they dont, they are the closest thing there is to automata in the imperium after servitors, and they are lobotomized clones/convicts.

A Krieger's job well done.

Aw shit I've been looking for this thing.

The best thing about Creeper World is that it lets you remove xenos with impunity and tactics. The ending is fucking badass, too.

Alternatively you can just say "fuck using the big powerful gun i'm just gonna hold them off like it's Verdun.

Fuck it, try this:

archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

Some flash games from my collection. Pretty sure you have to download the file to play it because flash is disabled.

the chests work like achievements and they each have little upgrades in them

Depends on which fluff you're reading,

Got it,

If anyone can download this linked version, they have my praise.
game-pure.com/flash/combatheaven_next/index_2.html

The best feeling of all.

Anyone wanna play urban dead and fuck shit up like it's 2005?

I wish I could. I still miss the days of 2003 and beating the everloving piss out of gray punchbags with + for faces in MI.

Hey is it time again for me to shill my favorite game of all time, made by an SJW nu-male with actual brain cancer?

noone mentioned the old LEGO games?
I'm disappointed, back then I spend way to much time on their site.
biomediaproject.com/bmp/lmp/games/

Oh lordy.

Usually those hipsters rip off those flash games in the first place.

volafile.io/get/tb0aPvKIw65wr/500298_MegaManRPG_C1_FINAL.swf

Too large to post on Holla Forums, but this is a really neat fan game and a robust RPG as well.

Seen his new game? Particle Fleet

Creeper World is the shit. All three of them. Though the third one had below-cringeworthy writing, it was still fun as hell.

Oh, is it out yet?
I've only seen a preview of it over half a year ago.

It's got more previews and a release date
Only 2 more months

kongregate.com/games/wx3lab/planetdefender

2 different games

Sonny and Sonny 2 are decent RPGs.
Shame you barely have control of partners.

hope you nerds don't mind my phone self posting links
newgrounds.com/portal/view/371290

kongregate.com/games/krispykrem/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people

does meet n fuck count?

obligatory

use an actual computer retard

How do you open swf files all i get is 404 error.

"no"

you don't. you have to save them

Heavy Weapons
kongregate.com/games/LongAnimals/heavy-weapons

my grand nigga

It's because it takes a lot of courage to be such an irredeemable faggot fraud.

Goddamn, remember playing that on a pretty trash laptop back then, wish Unity games ran that well..

FUCKING

2 enemies left.

jayisgames.com/games/spybot-the-nightfall-incident/

This was my first foray into games of this kind, turn-based tactical combat.

Are there any other games out there like this?

No idea, frankly. I don't think there's anything with this theme, at least, hacking/virtual world turn-based combat.

I remember playing and beating the fuck out of it a couple times, and i'd never forget the experience. Here's also another cool game that has some "edge" to it.

If anyone has a work around, please, I am all ears.

Everything that I have

games:
puu.sh/qKC8E/4596d82fef.swf
puu.sh/qKCbX/d0d5fa3203.swf
puu.sh/qKCe6/b743bd7821.swf
puu.sh/qKCfz/c1c1af0fcf.swf
puu.sh/qKChP/35fafb4307.swf
puu.sh/qKCkC/41b0942e08.swf
puu.sh/qKCmg/ee9f6c3a8a.swf
puu.sh/qKCp1/6e0678ae3d.swf
puu.sh/qKCtV/98d492fa15.swf
puu.sh/qKCMe/2dd0c230eb.swf
puu.sh/qKCOD/2cda263c31.swf

non-games:
puu.sh/qKC4B/841a225b36.swf
puu.sh/qKCa0/d3b8edde07.swf
puu.sh/qKCjk/c03db55fc0.swf
puu.sh/qKCnm/a788a1c265.swf
puu.sh/qKCsd/a175d7e91e.swf
puu.sh/qKCxe/5cfaf58eaa.swf

as far as I know there's nothing.
I've looked for ports or modern spins on spybotics, but only found trash - so I'm making my own ripoff stealing every little asset there is to one day make custom levels and units a thing.
Currently I'm not far enough to post any progress though.

slay.one

it's fucking fun

bump

Play the sequel yet? Its pretty fun

absolute cancer

Remember when minecraft ran in browser?

I miss that game.

Aw heck, I do. Those were the days.

I really like diep.io.

I hop on about once per day, try to get to the top of the board as TrumpWall.

I know.

archive.org/details/win3_SKIFREE

You can post flash again?

what?

Where did you get the S from? It's the only letter I'm missing

I really want to know why this game was made

Is it time?

user, I'm on the edge of my seat. Keep us posted, I dunno, post in /adgd/ or something, I would love even a fan sequel to Nightfall Incident.

kongregate.com/games/misterpersonman/steamshovel-harry

Best game, best music. I still have yet to beat level 4, after the two meteors crash into each other and the spider queen emerges

Anything from the old Homestarrunner.com
Especially if you've watched their stuff and get the jokes

homestarrunner.com/stinkogame/v7/stinkogame.html
homestarrunner.com/disk4of12.html
homestarrunner.com/games.html

I hope this stuff never goes down.

Here it is, undertale before undertale, now with 110% less autism.

nah idts

There's no autistic fanbase surrounding it, now is there?

okay, there is no external autism, but the internal autism is still well there.
Also, with undertale you technically can stop reading the dialogue and enjoy a simple reflex game.
Not here, this is pure D E E P N E S S

Not really a browser game but still pretty cool
One of the very indie devs I follow brought my attention to it
oskarstalberg.com/game/house/index.html

I loved this playthrough on it.

Well, the world does end in 6 days and all, I doubt it'd need all that 2Deep4U kinda stuff.

Flash games always had far more creativity and spirit put into them than the shit we see put out today for $10-15 a copy, too.

What gives? I know what gives, it's rhetorical.

Damn you for tricking me into playing this.

I think it's sad, because i'm just left wondering "Where did all that creativity go?" I've been in love with flash games because of this very reason, all the way up until 2012/3. Everything after that just had the life sucked out of it and is just vapid and meaningless.

Just look at what happened to AddictingGames.

Oh, that's cute.

bow down

I'm not sure. The rest of this post could be me talking out of my ass here, but I think part of it has to do with the way that Web 2.0 was perfected in those years, and it's still getting perfected-er. When people saw that Flash had become saturated, they started working as hard as possible to out-do their peers, and thinking creatively to really stand out. With the way things are now, there's little incentive to do anything but the status quo.

All communities that were dedicated to that kind of thing (Newgrounds, especially) have taken a back seat to "services" like YouTube, Reddit, and Facebook, which are little more than mainstream media. You don't "Make something for the guys on YouTube" because YouTube is literally fucking everybody. There's no flash portal that you can watch where content is coming in live, because there's too much fucking content to do that with. You aren't making a flash hoping that a content creator you know will 5 that shit, you're just yelling into the void, and nobody will even see it if you don't specifically annoy them with it. For that reason, new talent isn't happening the same way, because it's borderline impossible to get noticed, and there's no incentive to keep going with something strange if it isn't an immediate hit. We've completed the transition to gesellschaft.

What? What happened to it?

Oh no.

OH NO.

Also, more important that what I just listed, another reason the lack of something like the flash portal is important is because, on the flip-side of the new talent getting discovered, people who are bored are going to watch more than just what they want to of what comes through that portal, and are going to have their expectations shattered. They can experiment with watching things that they wouldn't have otherwise, and discover something new, whereas nowadays, that requires deliberately learning about and then subsequently leaving your custom Google-built content sandbox.

Speaking of google-build hugboxes, does anyone else think they're just another step to the creation of a media monopoly?

I think it's somewhat simpler than that. A lot of people that made Flash games are no longer teenagers with endless free time. As this group of people moved into careers and responsibilities (maybe a few even got into the industry), the next generation were mindless consumers and didn't fill the vacuum. Mix that up with how gaming is now in vogue, the indie scene is all about cliques jerking each other off and the fact teenagers today have higher expectations and you end up with the shit show we're at.

I guess the short of it is that kids today are fucking awful and useless.

You never stopped being able to post them, they just don't work if you click them. You can download them and execute them locally though.

your got speedrunned

Tips and tricks for anyone autistic enough to try speedrunning this:

Your LIFE and ACT refill when you level up. You can abuse this to take on enemies tougher than you: Fill your EXP bar up to near full, leave a mission almost done, then start fighting. If you can get the enemy down to under 50% of its LIFE before you are in critical condition, then you can complete the mission, level up, and finish it off safely.
For similar reasons, the LIFE Rcv unlock (which lets you pay increasing amounts of money to restore all of your life at once) is probably the most useful of the golden key unlocks, for taking on the later enemies. Don't waste it early on.
If you die, your ATK and DEF are temporarily set to 0 and start to recover the same way LIFE and ACT do. Not the end of the world if you fuck up, but it will almost certainly give whatever you were fighting enough time to completely recover.

Don't worry about finding the S, you get it when you beat the first final boss.
I don't remember what unlocks RCV. x2, but it's definitely achievable before you get S, as you can see from that first screenshot. I think it was either unlocking every tile, or beating every regular enemy.
RCV is mostly useful for tanking the true final boss. I don't think it's feasible/practical to have enough RCV to tank before you unlock RCV x2.

Lower tiers of weapon upgrades seem more cost effective until they slow down, while higher tiers of armor upgrades seem immediately more cost effective. It's probably best to pump more stat points into ATK and rely more on upgrades for DEF.

jesus christ fucking help me please

i love the version of slavonic march that futilitris uses

I took my own advice and did worse than before. I changed things up and now I've got it down to 19:44:24 for 100%.

You get 3 stat points per level up, and 1 for every mission you complete. I did not realize it before. In light of that, I think it makes more sense to focus on grinding out missions as fast as possible for the free stats, rather than trying to strategically use them for free heals. The first thing you should be doing is clearing all of the unlocked missions for the free stats. Once you do, you'll be able to dump those points into ATK and DEF and steamroll the first few enemies.

The width of the mission rectangle seems to make it take more clicks to finish. I have no idea if the total area matters, but the tall ones don't seem to take nearly as long as the wide ones. So clear out the smallest missions first, then the taller ones, then the wide ones once you've got a fair amount of ACT and RCV.

Contrary to what I believed, it seems that the lower cost equipment stores are almost always more cost effective, though I've yet to figure out the exact numbers. So clearing out the lower leveled stores early on is a good idea. The second, third, and possibly fourth tier armor stores can also be cost effective, but for the most part the upper tiers are only useful for unlocking ACT+20. ACT+20 is nice to have, but rather than save up the 13k~ to get it "early" and forgo clearing the lower shops, I think on my next run I will focus on my stats.

Defense is arguably more useful than ATK once the enemies get tougher. Better to tank for 10+ hits and win with LIFE to spare than to gamble with a glass cannon and have to relying on life recovery or abusing level ups.

I still don't know if xLv has a hidden effect on your leveling rate or something like that, but counter-intuitively, I've found that it gives a lot more cash than it does XP. That's a bit more useful than I gave it credit for.

Much to my chagrin, it is possible to not encounter all of the other letters before you get the S from the first final boss.

Another thing I didn't notice before was that as you take damage, your DEF is also damaged. For most fights this doesn't matter, but for the last one it's probably faster (unless you have money to spam on life recovery) to attack once, then wait for DEF to refill, and repeat, rather than spam attack until your health is low then wait for it to refill. I have no idea if the same mechanic applies to the enemies, making attacking quickly drain their DEF (or if they even have a DEF stat).

how do you fuck up that badly?
Wait, what are you even trying to accomplish here?

in my younger years I blew hundreds of hours on this game.

my fuckin' nigga

You can get them later by replaying old quests but it's super boring that way.

The good thing about this game is that it only you can 100% it in less than an hour. I wish there were more stuff like this… there's another parameter game but it's not that good although it had some good ideas.
In Babarageo, I still like Ginormo Sword but after completing the Library I stopped playing it. I still play Xenoraider from time to time.

That site is amazing.

Here's some variety:
Numeric Keyboard whack-a-mole
eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2004/05/tontie_ver1.html

No buttons no clicks Platformer:
eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2008/06/isora-and-muku_v0.html

Labyrinth & Items for noobs:
eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2013/03/grow_maze_game.html

Labyrinth & Items advanced:
eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2007/03/dwarf_complete.html

Classic grow with RPG flavor:
eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/blog/2016/07/grow_rpg.html#monster

Was able to shave my 100% time down to 16:20:01.
I was autistic enough to record the points given for each usage of each shop, and make a spreadsheet of the cost per $ of each usage (except for the highest level ones, because even I'm not autistic enough to spend an hour grinding up $100k). My conclusions:

Weapons are not worth investing in at all beyond the first tier shops, and should receive the bulk of your stat point investments. At the second tier shop, 7 ATK for $860 is $122.86 a point, worse than even the highest tier of armor. And it only becomes worse of a deal after that.

Armor is much cheaper at shops, so after your starting points, you should only buy armor to increase DEF.
The interesting thing is that the optimal shop tier per $ changes as you go up the ladder, as you can see in the second part of the spreadsheet. There is an optimal order that can be followed to maximize your DEF at any given point in the game, but it's probably only worth worrying about with the T3 and T4 levels.

I like this game because it taps into the same pointless meta-optimization part of my brain that would get enslaved by cookie clicker clones, but has just enough depth to warrant strategizing (however dumb and straightforward the end result may be), and is short enough that I don't feel like I'm having my life sucked away by a pointless time sink even if that's exactly what is happening

Another discovery. I accidentally unlocked "xLvl" very early on by quickly completing all of the unlocked missions, clicked it, and received a very small amount of money. Then it hit me: It isn't an "xLvl" upgrade that costs $200, it's fucking "$200xLvl".

15:44. I screwed up and spend my last dollars on upgrades at the end, that I probably should have saved for health recoveries against the true final boss (pretty much everything else could be beaten without recovering if you play correctly, even the first final boss).

14:55:83
Was set to beat this one a good minute or two earlier, but I got fucked over by a missing letter.
Saving $4-5k before the true final boss for life recoveries definitely shaves off more time than dumping that cash into upgrades.

I think I have patience for one more run.

I sunk so many damn hours into that game.

after being reminded of it, I'm sinking more and more hours into it every day.
I never did get that damn impossible badge on kongregate. Times to change it.

Disappointed and surprised I thought you guys were better then this.

Bumping for html5, javascript and other/ect platforms/engines/languages games.

Also contributing tinysubversions.com/game/spelunky/ and people.mozilla.org/~vladimir/misc/bench-new/

was this supposed to be some kind of joke? I did it first try.

Fucked once again by a missing letter.
Came in under time even with the half ATK, but it doesn't really count as a 100% completion without that fucking G.
A helpful thing I learned is that if you "die", the life recovery cost also gets reset. So you can stretch your cash on the true final boss by dying after every 1 or 2 life recovery usages, balancing the time you save from more life recoveries with the time you waste waiting for your ATK and DEF to refill.
This is probably only useful if you're playing without ATKx2, because waiting for 700~ ATK to refill probably isn't worth it.

Godspeed, user.

I still can't find the Premium version of this game.

newgrounds.com/portal/view/362199

every time until cuckertale gets out of this fucking board

once again, cucked by a single letter.

shoo shoo shill

Fuck this game, fuck myself for getting addicted to it, and fuck for posting it.

Ok, I'm done. If anyone else wants to try, the official 8/v/ NEKOGAMES world records are
Any%: 06:32:06
100%: 13:27:75
inb4 someone notices I forgot to unlock the other golden locks before I took the screenshot

This was in a previous thread that I archived archive.is/B3t1U I like these kinds of games speaking of which someone post tiny starwars empire.swf or whatever that is just like this
kongregate.com/games/bjwali/solarmax-2

Java is cancer. Javascript is currently irreplaceable and also cancer cause programmers are lazy to replace it, still annoying but much more secure. I prefer javascript to shock wave endless vulnerabilities so much so that they had to be disabled from Holla Forums, uh I mean flash.

Java and Javascript are completely unrelated, user. They're both shit, but for completely different reasons, and in javascript's case only for programmers not end users.

This.
Games don't need to have a million attributes or complex variables, they just need a good enough dynamic that transforms into magic in our brains. Ginormo Sword already did good enough by nullifying history and music but Parameters just go to the barebones of gameplay and shows you the core of grinding and fighting bosses.

I'd like to play something that has the core gameplay of Air Traffic Chaos (DS). I don't remember the game having any RNG nor any AI so it should be easy to do something raw like Paramenters (but with more real-time elements as in Heiankyo Parameters).

Sorry user

whats that game with the loli who has like a dozen guns and youre doing various shooting range challenges?

Material Sniper?

no but that ones alright. it might not have even involved a loli

It's shit.
thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html
I still play 1.4

this pic lacks so many great games, many way outshining some of the actually given examples.
It's crap.

boy cannot believe the guy finished his series of Submachine

mateuszskutnik.com/submachine/

technically its complete

Also, check Daymare town series by the same author

I admit, I played Submachines ages ago and don't really remember them well, but - did they have any real continuous plot? What defines that they are "complete", other than "there's not going to be more"?

Oh shit, how the fuck could I forget Dungeon Cleaner? I made a Doom Wad with some help off of this game!

I always love these threads on Holla Forums

It's been too long since the last one due to the /f/lash changes on Holla Forums.

comfiest threads

So Holla Forums I've been playing a game called nation states and just had the bright idea of getting feedback from you guys; so what should I pick?

Well, what nation are you running?
I Always aimed to be a successful best Korea, with high economy, but heavily invigilated and indoctrinated populace
So I would pick 3.
Was in top 1% Authoritarianism and 5% Economy, until one day I accidientally destroyed public sector, which was the only sector I had

I made that chart and it is actually not old at all (2 months?). I know it's missing a load of stuff and I am still taking suggestions. I would post the list of games people suggested that I will add, but am currently on phone.

I was mostly trying to post the best game from each dev, but I get what you mean.

Project Nexus has framedrops in arena mode and gets boring/repetitive fairly quickly, Retaliation is the preferred Madness game imo.

I don't really have anything in mind right now but I'm looking to lower corruption and raise economy.

Does it ever end?

Okay, so:
I see that tower defense genre does not have any entries on the list. Not sure if you simply dislike it as a whole, but you should consider either Protector or Gemcraft series. Both are superb tower-based strategies. I personally lean towards Gemcraft, I might have wasted over a hundred hours on the series.

Pandemic 2 is also a cult classic. I remember wasting several days mastering it to get that impossible badge on kongregate.

While we're on Kongregate badges, Amorphous+ is one of the best very-simple-yet-addictive action games.

I personally fucking hate the series, but Papa's X-eria series has a huge following, and is probably one of the most popular time management flash games out there. Also, the fantasy blacksmith spinoff of the series was actually pretty fun even for me.

Last, but absolutely not least, Mardek RPG series is my all time favorite game, with great lore and great plot and great feels and all this shit. I will shill it until the day I die.

That single gap in the bottom middle bothers me a lot more than it should.

Also, if you put The Game in there, then either You Have to Burn the Rope", "There is no time to explain" or… that game that Axeman13 reviewed on february 3rd, 2010 should also be up there. Y'know, for historical meme value.

Thanks for the suggestions, user!
The chart mostly includes games that I found interesting/ different from others. That is why games like N or most simple/tower defense games are not on it and why the chart has so many joke/adventure games.
As for Papa games, there already is Jacksmith on the chart, which is the one Papa game that is different and has nothing to do with food.

:the game: has extra value by being one of the first "joke games", joking on topics that would still be relevant today and having two decent sequels. You Have to Burn the Rope, No Time to Explain and most other games similar are mostly one-off mini-games that just do not compare.

that's exactly the one I was talking about. As in:
I missed it at first, and only noticed it after sending the post.

Wouldn't call it "one of the first", but you're making a fair point. It's a much bigger thing than the ones I brought up.

I guess you should split the chart either based on genre, or the criteria that put it on the list. Or keep it in one picture, but put color-code the games for, say, exceptional humor, music, novelty value, strategic gameplay, difficulty etc. After all, the mystery/escape games you have there are pretty different than Epic Battle Fantasy.

Great idea user!
I wasn't actually sure on how to properly categorize most of the games and make them all fit in (not making the image too big).

Here's some things that I would change:
1)Scale the image down by at least 50%. You don't need images that big on a reccomendation list, ~260x200 px rectange is way enough.
2)At the same time, make the text at lest twice as big. Split it into 2 lines if need be.
3)Make a note on top that they are in no particular order.

Now, I thought a bit more about that color coding, and here is an idea I came up with:
You "stamp" each game with one to three "badges" that indicate what makes it special. With criteria like: green for "simple but addictive", red for "Difficult", Purple for "Plot driven" etc. Don't group the games based on it, just have each one have an indicator on why somebody should give it a try. + maybe some gold star for the few outstanding games that stand above everything else.

What are you making this chart in, by the way?

Thanks for the suggestions, user! If I wasn't so lazy, I would get on it right now.
I have been using a shitty free graphics program I got from the school's computer to make everything ever since I was 12

What program is that, mate?
Free as in "free beer" or as in "freedom"?
Gimp, Inkscape?
I know the latter is taught in many schools, and if it's inkscape, then you can make your work much faster and easier. If it happens to be the former… I suggest switching to Inkscape

Why is this so fun and addictive?

** It's called Logo Motion also known as Imagine- Logo Motion, I am not even sure if the program has an english version, is obscure as fuck.
Free as in free beer, the license even states you are not allowed to use the images you make in it.
But I do anyways because noone can detect what I make the images in and goddamit if this somehow isn't the comfiest fucking program to play around with.
If I would know how to program, I would make a free software copy of it.**

ah shit

bretty good tetromino based procedural-art generator.

static1.e621.net/data/2e/d7/2ed7a47d8d7b97f49b2d4682ba1b7e3a.swf
not a game but…

wish there was an android version or some shit I have a longass plane ride

I was away from the start that it's a reference to something, but only got it at the wrestler

True, never heard of it.
Looks like something half-way between MS Paint and extension-less GIMP (in terms of tools available) though.
I suggest you get a hang of Inkscape. Free as in freedom, and incredibly useful for any sorts of charts.
Actually, I could probably make a similar chart in a few minutes, but I know I would disagree with half of your choices, and I don't want to be an asshole who steals your project

This is so true, and it applies to so many things besides Flash games. Lowered barriers of entry really have been a double-edged sword, and at this point it is thoroughly cutting the wrong way.

I'm sure I'll get around doing it eventually, but if you want to, give a go, user.
It is way better than it looks, it supports almost everything you would every wish for (except for a couple bugs), has no bloat of useless features. Also, you can make gifs with it.
It is also lightweight as shit, way more than any graphical program I have ever seen (starts faster than MS Paint).
Perfect for making meme images.
The only reason I am even studying programming is so I could make a FOSS version.

You're making me tear up, bro.
That's the noblest cause one could have.
Share the program, maybe? I want to check it out. Put it up on pomf or some other honknet site

turns out hp/atk only runs are boring as shit

Most of the earlier unity browser games were just poorly tuned for browsers.
Dumb shit indie devs trying to blood your screen with particle effects and not knowing how to properly rig or work down poly counts of models.

I've been playing a bit of Contract Wars, and it looks and runs great in browser.

puu.sh/qP8G4/c0a4c38368.zip

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the entire program is slovak and I have no idea if an english version exists anywhere- one more reason to make a free software version.

anyone have that Bionicle rpg?

I dunno about RPG but this is what I played back in the day:
templar.com/games/mnog/Player.html

How do you guys feel that google/google chrome/chromium is "killing" flash like they "killed" unity by pushing their weight around and disabling it from your browser (they currently have the overwhelming market share of the browser "market")? They are trying to push html5 as an alternative which is great too.
I think its a good thing. I hate google and all the questionable shit they do and have done but for once they seem to be using their power for good to more the web forward. Flash is old, vulnerable and should have been open sourced or retired years ago, they made their bed and now they have to sleep in it.

Thoughts?

google is still ass cancer

Many popular games do to, like Angry Birds. Flash games were during a time the place where experimentation with new game concept took place.

Flash is really awful and shit and as a software hippie I hate it. But I agree with , jewgle is not and never will be my friend, so I don't have much of an inclination to support anything they're doing.

On the other hand, the earlier days of the Net and the Flash culture that grew up around it were some of the best times. It was a vast, empty frontier, and those creators made it a really fun, interesting, and cozy place. You don't see anything like that now, and I'm really sad to see it go.

It didn't even last a full generation and died off too quickly, which pisses me off to no end.

It grew up as hard/software did, which is unfortunatey but I don't see much of another way it could have gone. The biggest problem is that now everybody sees this solid, wonderful base and tries to directly "update" or "build upon" or some such. A part of the real magic was the "what the fuck is this flash thing oh god how do i do this time to slap some shit down", and then watching the creators evolve into being able to make much richer, fuller flashes. Everybody now just jumps straight to the end and tried to get some shekels out of it. It would still be possible to have another Flash-like boom is the mentality of the majority of Internet users was different. Fun, not funds.

if* the mentality, fuck me sideways

I'm praying it doesn't get pozzed like jewtube, and instead becomes like old newgrounds at best.

there was a plot about "you" being trapped in the Sumachine/pocket universes and trying to get a way out

In the end of the last one (10) you get to leave

molleindustria.org/everydaythesamedream/everydaythesamedream.html

This thread needs more Rokko-chan
king-soukutu.com/flash/rokko.html

And while we're on the subject of Megaman clones, let's not forget Vivtest.

I don't think so.

I just found this, this shit is fun pietro-ferrantelli.itch.io/mobs-inc let me know if you find anything good itch.io/games/html5

I agree.

I hate flash but I loved the community and culture it created. But lets not kid ourselves this is adobe's fault this shit should be open sourced they are fucking awful with their vulnerability detecting and patching. Its hard to deny that this is not a good thing 1 of two things can come from this 1 flash dies its culture moves on, almost certainly to html 5 or 2 adobe open sources flash and the increased amount of people who can modify the code improve its functionality and detect glitches and vulnerability faster. TL;DR bad companies can do good things.

I think people like you and me and the rest of the people in this thread need to take the initiative and do it our selves others will follow, its the only way to bring back the golden age of internet games. Found this sparklinlabs.itch.io/discover-superpowers theres a start, right?

fenglee.com/game/aog/

Is there any way to play Rokko-chan offline?

Normally I really hate 'clicker' games but enjoy candybox2.net/ Its a charming, neat little game. Fun RPG to passively play while you are doing stuff.

Nice unrelated autism. Do you post this whenever you see the word "undertale"? Go see a psychiatrist.

Perhaps so, but I can't make flash games worth a damn.

Damn I love this atmospheric shit. I fucking hate the voiced lines in shit nowadays, sometimes it's ok just to have the world speak for itself.

What's that one clicker game where you're sitting by a campfire and you direct a small legion of people to hunt and stuff?

nvm found it
adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/

candybox 2 was the shit.

Posting some classics

Html5 is easier to use and code and better optimized then flash is and its value lasts far beyond just games, it wouldn't hurt to learn it, its a powerful tool, I am looking into it my self.

Damn its been a long time, it cant hurt to play it again.

Anybody remember this one?

I FUCKING LOVED JUNKBOT

Casino is endgame.

Only problem with that game is at some point an update made mouselocking not happen properly, and became unplayable for me.

Some good news though: that game's devs are working on what looks to be a DayZ clone (minus the zombies) called Escape from Tarkov.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qp55GJZnKRY

Bumping.

why can't I download

ye, seems that Holla Forums deletes swf files from the server after a while, even if the thread is still up.
You can always seach for it on the web, tho. It's right up there in the top search results.

RIP

kongregate.com/games/xdanond/rpg-shooter-starwish

What was that game where you speed through hoops while not being able to touch anything, and it gets faster and faster?

I'm not sure what this game did to me to give it such a low score, but I think I remember it having an awful, pretentious plot and template anime characters on the level of your average naruto fanfiction.

kongregate.com/games/TenebrousP/accelerator
maybe?

wasn't there a Tank Ball 2?

Idk I liked the story but it was nothing special. What matters is the gameplay is fun imo

I always love the fact that most Flashgames from back then are actually better than most "Indie" games on steam greenlight.

yes

Wasn't it just a generic side-scrolling shooter, though? I mean, nothing terrible, but also nothing to write home about

yep. It had great music though, which for me is half of what makes a game good

kongregate.com/games/Pseudolonewolf/mardek-rpg-chapter-1
All games from Pseudolonewolf have top notch soundtrack.

haven't thought of those games in a while

Did you ever play MARDEK chapter 3 before?
I know many people played CH1 and 2, but never got to 3 (since there was a ~3 year gap between releases, and a complete engine remake of 1&2 that also invalidated old saves)

Man, I forgot how godly Fancy Pants Adventure plays. The Sonic series could take a few hints from the games.

I doubt it, but idk. I played them several years ago. I'll probably end up playing through the series again though, I love browser games

There probably will be more of them. The creator is currently moving away from Flash, but plans to continue making 'standalone' Submachine games if he feels like it.

Post lewd flashes please. I don't have any

bumping

Bump

It's time

Tanki.

Also there is always swfchan

copy/paste

Bump

Did on the second try

You guys remember travian? Is it still around?

Come on just let the thread die guys.

I think it had to do with the fact that they were doing maintenance to add de-duplication software or something I thing it deleted some files.
This thread has been up for quite a while.

fenglee.com/game/aog/

not so much a fan of the animes but this one is fun interesting and difficult and it has multiplayer

Bump

Guess the game.