Gamescom

I literally JUST found out that Gamescom is happening. What did I miss? How many bad games were there? How many good games were there? Any release dates announced for actually relevant things like Bannerlord?

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu.com/download/desktop
4archive.org/board/r/thread/14580474
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

?>>10465883
Shes kinda cute, is there more?

There was more gameplay footage of bannerlord (siege defense) and a release date for deathwing.

Good: Nier Automata coming to PC.

Bad: Metal Gear Survive

Who cares: FF15 delayed again lol

I still have no idea why everyone's losing their head over this.

People like Metal Gear, and to see it used in such a generic way hurts. I get why people are upset, and I'm happy they aren't doing anything relating to either Snake's story. But a part of me would prefer them taking a chance and doing some between story about Otacon and Snake maybe between MGS1 and 2.
This just seems so calculated and board roomy. At least the games we have aren't going away.

Also Focus Home showed off some The Surge gameplay which looked neat, and then two furry games which looked like it's of lower quality than Confrontation

Because it looks like a soulless cashgrab.

I think there isn't much to do anymore, especially since after MGS3 Kojima Productions seems to have wanted nothing to do with the MGS games. At this point all I care about is how it plays and if it's decent enough to pirate or not.

I don't really get why people give a shit about MG anyway. I tried MGS 1 and 2, and fucking hated them. I cannot possibly even begin to comprehend what people see in this godawful series. The gameplay was boring, the settings was boring, and the writing made me want to shoot myself it was so fucking bad.

Is this new info? Because I only just saw that. I had suspicions of console shit when I saw how fucking awful the new inventory system looked. This may have killed all my interest in the game already.

This. These shitty movie games get a pass on Holla Forums and I'll never know why. Probably just shitstation fanboys.

No, just Warband for now

Weeaboos first stealth game

I'm seeing multiple articles saying that Bannerlord will be on console, but they're all from like 2 years ago so I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised, though. I've had suspicions about it for a long ass time, especially when they showed how much they fucked up the inventory UI by moving away from grid-based inventory to console-friendly garbage. I can see this becoming X: Rebirth all over again.

They're just really fun, arcade-y, stealth-action games. They're to games like Thief what Mario Kart is to Gran Turismo.

Only Kojima fanbois are butthurt

Is there any reason in particular these games conventions need to take place in such expensive locations? Even if it absolutely has to be on the west coast of the United States for some arbitrary reason, there are much better locations in terms of accessibility, safety, and just generally having a better time.

lol no

??

It could be that California the the most populated state in America while also being home to Hollywood and Silicon Valley which represent Americas entertainment and technology industries?

cucks, rapefugees
cucks, niggers
cucks, fags
cucks, calicucks who need to get the FUCK out of my beautiful state, spics

all places full of cucks and the things cucks love. is not big surprise.

Because we are rich software development companies and we need to overcompensate for our insecurities by spending way too much fucking money on a venue that has no significance.

Even if it absolutely must be in the state of California, there's better places for a convention than Anaheim or San Diego.

Every place pictured has lower prices on lodging and transportation. All but Lake Tahoe tend to also have cheaper flights.

As a Califfag I have some objections
Anaheim is still in the OC, so no, no niggers, plenty of illegal Mexicans though
San Diego isn't San Fransisco m8 despite both cities being named in Taco Bell language. Again, more Mexicans than anything else, especially considering its part of the largest multinational metropolitan area on Earth

Enjoy being home of the city voted LGBT capital of America m8?

too close to San Fagsisco m8, you'll end up with a convention full of hipsters from the Bay Area and Silicon Valley

It wasn't expensive or even as gay until San Francisco started taking over at the start of the millenium.

Seattle's probably the best of the four in terms of accessibility and safety (that is, as long as you apply subway behavior on the light rail or bus if you're taking those) although that's not saying too much in comparison to cities like Cologne. It was ground zero for those WTO riots for a reason.

I disagree, the best way to South Lake Tahoe is by car from RNO, and none of these plaid-wearing trust-fund infants have the drive for that. I'd also argue the majority of the San Francisco outfit would be able to point out Lake Tahoe on a map.

I'm not sure about safety, I've been to Seattle, there's homeless people everywhere. And this is coming from a guy who has also been to South Central LA (Most niggers there live in trashy apartments and motorhomes since the city of LA made it legal to live in your car, but they aren't homeless)
I haven't been there since like 2006 though so maybe its gotten better

ubuntu.com/download/desktop

There's less hobos downtown, but they were replaced by Californians, so downtown needs to get nuked even more now.

It gets really bad in some places, but it's all right in the International District and the "Family friendly" parts of downtown like the Convention Center, Westlake, and the Market.

Lodging prices get jacked up big time for any meaningful conventions like the comics one in spring and PAX Prime, which needs to extend, split up, or at least announce a proper date and time for ticket sales like every other organized event I've been to in my lifetime. If paranoia about scalpers is their excuse, they need to tether registrations to real-life identities.

Did you forget about Resident Evil Umbrella Corps? That's the cashgrab type game it's expected to be.

Most of the entertainment industry in general is located in California, and that includes video games. They probably choose expensive locations within that to turn it into a mini vacation for everyone who shows up and/or to inflate pass prices.

Dude even the Defcon pretty much rents out two hotels at this point and that con is nothing in size compared to these game or comic conventions.
And at least regarding the open conventions: I would say that there are a lot of attendees under 21, a no go in LV unless you want to hang out in a motel

Bannerlord siege gameplay. Pretty good.
That's all I cared about.

Hey, I dislike some popular games too! That must mean I'm also special!

Vegas has the third and fifth biggest convention centers in the nation in their local convention center and the one adjacent to the Venetian and Palazzo. Of the top ten by convention space list I looked up, none were located in the state of California or Washington.

I guess that makes sense for E3 and GDC, but not for PAX or any other major games convention outside Southern California. You'd think they'd place going somewhere nice higher on the priority list than keeping it local.

mgsv was just as bad

Star Citizen is a real game now and by now, I mean eventually

Your picture implies that it's not actually bait and the fish is overreacting to something that has nothing to do with them, but that's not how you used it. Why?

These events are used to keep journalists in line. You're all but expected to show up even if you don't want to and it's essentially a free party with massive pressure to write positive shit on everything you see.

4archive.org/board/r/thread/14580474
Not sure if the sameā€¦

I think there'd be more of a pressure in a suite at the MGM Grand or the Wynn, or in the natural splendor of Lake Tahoe, as opposed to some club or convention hall in downtown Anaheim or San Diego.