Mortal Online

I haven't seen one of these threads in a long time, so Mortal Online.

What it is: Free to play (limited) or pay to play ($12/month) MMORPG/Sandbox that's classless, but has limited skill points. Open world PVP, being in a guild is highly recommended.

Directional blocking and attacks is a thing here. Full loot is here as well. You WILL die many times.

Guild territories with a tax system, wars, mounted combat, magic, taming, et cetera. The only MMORPG that's worth playing if you're not a fucking casual.

I played a long time ago in what must've either been a trial or an open beta… I remember I took my pants off so I could hang dong and tried to pick fist fights not too far out of town. Got my ass thoroughly kicked. I put it down after that. What's it like now? Is it pay to win?

Classless with skill points and full loot… that sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure there was another MMO with those same features that failed. What about this one? Is it old and only p2w fags remain? Is it heavy on p2w? Is it shit?

Graphics have been updated.
It isn't pay to win at all, there's no cash shop

You don't have to pay to win if you want to git gud. People who armor crutch can get ass blasted by magic. There's necromancy out now too, new patch.

Help chat is cancerous and you better find a guild in the suggested starting town (in front of the bank) and hope they don't merc you and take your shit, or ask around to join Fall.

It's a fuckton better than that Project Gorgon bullshit that gets posted here every so often.

Nice gameplay.

hey OP is this game anything like Darkfall Online

that game failed and I used to enjoy it a lot..

I dont know if I have the computer to play now but i may give MO a shot. I remember checking on it a few times in the past

Isn't the community complete cancer though and wasn't there some mods that abused their power spawning rare items for certain groups?

One of the lead designer also created Wurm Online that a lot of Holla Forums seems to play frequently. It also has some pretty good art design (pic related) and lore involving Late Roman Empire-like setting which turns post apocalyptic after a meteor pass by too close of the planet wrecking the magnetic core and tectonic plates.

There was a lot of hype during it's development and release bu the community quickly died thanks to unpolished game, lack of updates and developers corruption favoring certain guilds. But that was years ago and I don't know how the game stands now.

is the swedish developer reliable? AV was shit in Darkfall online. what does the game cost and is there good mechanics for a lone wolf play type?

More or less. It's a lot more grounded, realistic and less "crazy", which means a lot slower, more like Wurm Online.

I would like to see a guild of this. I always wanted to play it, but by the time I came back from vacation one year the group I played with had already moved on, so I never got a chance to.
I heard its very pvp and guild oriented, hopefully its not like Darkfall where the community would harass every new player out of the game. Idiots killed their own game that way.

harassing newbies was one of the funnest pass times. people could either hack it or they got weeded out.

that brings me to another thought.. is there any hacking going on in Mortal Online?

while it was a fin passtime, it made the game die. It's fine to do in a limited scope, like designating an area of the map as your country and killing "invaders" that wandered in, but going to the starter town and killing anyone that logged in was retarded.

there were community movements to stop newb killing. while there were also movements to gank newbs like the Goblin Preservation Society.

It should be a community driven thing. The thing that killed the game was adding things like safe zones

dunno, didn't play darkfall but was aware of it way back when it was still kicking (during the same time mmorpg.com was still relevant).

As far as I read, the ratio of people that helped newbies vs those that ganked them was pretty skewed, to the point that it really wasn't worth playing if you already weren't.

Obviously it's one thing to allow to gank players and give them freedom, but if it's at the cost of cannibalizing the playerbase to the degree that you don't get any fresh blood then it can't go on like that.

It needs to be mentioned however that newbie ganking alone wasn't what killed the game though, for anyone else wondering.

It a lot like Darkfall but a bit more grounded. There's plenty of shit to do.

lack of communication between development and the playerbase was a large factor.

the team was a small greek studio so it is obvious communication is gonna be slow. the greek economy wasnt helping

what ultimately killed the game was the beginning of DF2 which was plagued by delays and when it eventually launched terrible marketing meant the game never really ever gained popularity

Long time ago some shit like that allegedly happened. The community isn't cancer, you just have to find the right group to play with. The only global temporary chat, the Help chat, is cancerous. Other than that it isn't so bad.

Using unreal engine. Graphics used to be on par with EQ1, but it's a lot better now. It's not fucking perfect and it has its quirks, but it's good enough now. I'd say it's it weakest point right now, but it's not absolute ass.

Devs are alright. I think it could be optimized better, but the devs seem to give a shit about the game.

Lone wolf play will frustrate you and you'll most likely leave the game. I mean, you still can, but I advise against it. It's like playing EVE Online solo: you can, but it's stupid to do so.

bump
whoever has the game might want to post some webms or something to get more interest

started playing this in 2010 but the developers are incredibly incompetent and never improved, i checked the game out again but it was just worse with more random shit added. They never actually make any of the garbage they add playable, they just add "features" that never actually work properly and leave them as broken messes. The only good team members left in 2011 and the devs are full on jewcucks.

got your hacking right here. game is incredibly fucked, any cheater can just teleport into your house and steal everything, to top it off the devs have no logging systems implemented at all, so its impossible to get reimbursed.

sorry for reply spamming but killing newbies is really all there is to do in MO, see embed