Collector/Buyfag Thread

Post recent finds and what not. By the way, do any of you use/make custom covers for your collections? I think games look pretty nice in a DVD box, especially those that normalyl come in CD cases or weird ass cases like the Saturn. Pics related

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xsonic adventure limited edition.TRS0&_nkw=sonic adventure limited edition&_sacat=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Buyfag threads don't get far anymore. It's moderately depressing.

Outside that, not gotten much outside couple Saturn pickups. JP Sonic R, PAL Firestorm and JP Virtua Figher Remix. Also Starwing for SNES.

Streets of Rage and Sonic the Hedgehog for the Game Gear, great condition inside their cases.

How do I collect shit in EU/UK?
Seems to me that the US has tons of different methods of collecting. Whereas I've only got online buying and car-booties which don't have anything more than Fifa 2004 for the PS2.
I doubt I'm gonna see much in the way of SNES and NES, and even less for Sega stuff.
I think we(EU) got Chrono Trigger in 2009.

2nd hand stores usually stock it. Some are retarded and hide it away so you have to ask to even get somewhere.

Serial experiments lain on VHS. Trying to find the PS1 game for a decent price, but everyone wants 200+$ for it.

test

bumping with some I've done. These ones either there were no dvd scans or they sucked. I did my best using paint
Fuck this site again

Why the FUCK is it so hard to find JUST the Turbo/Sega CD console by itself. it's always bundled with the other console i already own, jacking up the prices(by a good 100+ bucks in the turbo's case)

I just bought Nier and Nier Replicant for PS3 off amazon

I never bought a single video game. the only things that came close are bootleg video games.

Also the copy of NR I bought is a Nip import and I only know three Japanese words but I think I'll be fine

Are you a communist, a chink, or a nigger.

I have a question: Eariler this week I saw a PS1 going for $10 and a PS2 going for $20 at a store in my area. Both of them were used, and didn't have the controllers, memory cards, or cords for the systems. Is it still worth a buy if I know a place in the area that sells that kind of stuff?

Do you know if then can read discs? PS1/2(the fat ones) have really terrible lasers, so you might have to replace them if they don't work.

I had to buy something to play on my Polystation 3000. I couldn't pirate on it.

check if you can hard/soft mod them to play games from a USB stick. the newer ps2 versions don't.

So a communist then, got it.

Exactly how bad are the lasers anyway?

Well, many of the early PS2 were so bad people filed a fucking class action lawsuit over it, as they stopped reading games almost instantly.

Haven't found anything that good recently at local stores (plus, I'm waiting for one of the small chains I really like to open a location closer to where I am now like they were planning to do so), which is alright, since there were a few upcoming games I've now got orders on (ToCSII and VD) and don't have anything to compete with them as far as picking shit up before I have all the money together goes.

Actually been a rather slow year for good pickups around here. Not sure if some of the stores I used to get absurdly low prices at are catching on, or if people just aren't trading in as much worthwhile games locally in favor of reselling them online at average prices. Or maybe it's more that I've already got a lot of what's seemed interesting to me with the PS2, Gamecube, and DS, and what's left really doesn't show up too often in general or I can't expect to find for $10-20 locally due to being too well known as scalper games.

Well, I don't exactly make them myself (aside from a hybrid cover for a DS game where I am not fond of the US cover art), but I do like to do cover prints for my GBA games since I can just use old model DS cases with the extra slot to store them. Only real issues have been acquiring those types of cases (thankfully I got a bunch for free at a yard sale last year) and finding a place willing to run cover prints.

Most I've ever dropped on a game was $90 (it's pretty rare I ever pay more than the asking price when a game was new, and usually I don't pay anywhere near the launch price on used games anyhow), but that was a really hard to find game in a series I really enjoy and wanted to play together with a friend.

You'll definitely have to once you run into a rare game that has no or shit scans online.

I bought the special edition vinyl release of the LISA The Painful OST recently, but mothing else.

That's a good point, but for the most part not a case I've dealt with much (only time being SRW OG2 for the GBA only having a poorly done custom cover on TCP, with no official scan).

Sample screenshot of the hybrid cover I mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, I don't exactly have access to proper high res logos for the publishers and stuff with transparencies to throw on the front (the image is comprised of the US back cover and spine with the Japanese front cover background and US title/ESRB), and one of the ones I'd need (UTV Ignition) doesn't seem to show up that well against the background anyhow when I tried making my own transparent PNG of it before.

Are Dreamcast unlicensed games ever sold in a DVD case?

Just now won a nice copy of Carrier for $20. That's a little more than the one at my local shop, but that one isn't in as good of a condition. Other than that, I went to FUCKING GAMESTOP to drain the last of a gift card and got Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Lost Planet on 360 for $1.99 each. I wish I could have bought more, but I'm getting charged out the ass initially for a change to my car insurance next month and I want a good stack of cash built up.

Bought a complete copy of Dungeon explorer on the Sega CD for about 10 bucks less than the average.

I'd be a bit leery, especially if the store itself isn't sure if they even work. I mean, sure, they might be cheap, but you've got to buy the rest of the parts to even confirm they'd work.

Both of these things I've been eyeing on for a while. Quarantine is pretty pricey (around $130), and the Razgriz model is sold out mostly everywhere with the exception of amazon (which is about $117).

I'm still wondering if there's even a slight chance I might be able to find Quarantine for $10-20, the way I did G.U. Volumes 2 and 3 last year, but I seriously think they're too well known as easy scalper cash, the way Earthbound is.

Not picking up Infection, Mutation, or Outbreak until/unless I do.

Same here. I always wondered why Quarantine is so expensive. Was there limited copies at the time of the initial release?

I quitted some weeks ago, market went batshit insane outside U.S. and userbase became complete junior jews
Just came here to wish you guys luck and never forget July 25, ripip Superbus

How exactly does it differ from a regular Tomcat model? Aside from having some Ace Combat-specific decals, that is.

First, I didn't have a PS2 back when it was current, so I don't personally know (I didn't have much vidya in general back then anyhow, and didn't pay much attention to what was coming out for any system since I rarely bought anything, let alone newly released). But from what I recall hearing rumor of from other anons, Quarantine didn't get a very big print and had Walmart as an exclusive distributor (which would seem similar to what later happened with Xenoblade and Gamestop, where the potential US customerbase for Xenoblade was deemed as being not worth the effort to do an adequate print run for after the initial shipments), and combined with there being an "end of (sub)series, this is going to have a lot of demand from people that played the other ones and want to experience the ending" mindset, I suppose it makes some amount of sense that it's gone way up over the years since Gamestop stopped actively stocking for the PS2. Also, judging by the prices across the entire IMOQ tetralogy, it wouldn't surprise me if Namco ran fewer and fewer prints of each here in the west with each subsequent one (meanwhile with G.U., the prices are a bit more even between all of them, so it wouldn't surprise me if availability is a bit more equal; checking the other day though Redemption seems to be about $70-80 or so itself now, while Rebirth and Reminisce are $50-55 each). Shame Namco sees no point in doing a pair of cheap PS3 HD Collections, let alone PSN rereleases. They don't even seem to want to acknowledge it much here in general outside of PxZ (the west didn't even get Asbel's Haseo outfit in ToGf).

I still need a replacement cover for my copy of Redemption; prior owner spilled something on the cover and the art got water damaged.

Where are you at?

The US has it's own issues with scalpers (especially with the libraries for certain systems), but at least I can still find the occasional otherwise expensive PS1, PS2, Gamecube, or DS game cheaply with some luck.

Aside from the ace combat decals, there is really no difference from the other tomcat models.

That's a shame. Granted I never did have a ps2 at the time as well, and when I did, those games just flat out disappeared from any game store or a bargain bin, and the emulation for the games aren't stellar from I've heard anyway.

I got lucky and found G.U. Volumes 2 and 3 cheap; only reason I was willing to pay average for Volume 1 since I was still effectively getting the entire subseries for half or less than normal and I wasn't certain if I could trust being able to find Vulme 1 at the same price. Meanwhile, with IMOQ, the first three parts are only about $70 or so total, but Quarantine shoots the price of the entire thing through the roof. I bet Japan doesn't have these problems with availability given JRPGs are made (usually) with the Japanese audience in mind first and foremost, though I'd be curious to know if they have the opposite issue for actually worthwhile western developed games.

Unfortunately for me, while I'd managed to get a PS2 shortly before Gamestop was having their "fuck stocking for the PS2 and Gamecube" sales, I didn't have enough money to really take good advantage of them, and only picked up SMT Nocturne and Eternal Darkness, and I'd swear I saw at least some .hack games on those shelves (as well as Gotcha Force). Had I known more about them I might have dropped the money on those instead, but hindsight's a bitch.

The emulation is literally the fucking same, stop buying out-of-print price-gouged Bandai shovelware.

I remember when shit like paper mario was in the bargain bin for 15 bucks, and FE was like 25… Now i hear stories about how faggots are calling themselves professional resellers, and prices for games on every system have now skyrocketed.

No, it's "literally" not the fucking same.

I'm trying to get every PS2 game, but I'm a poorfag so I'm doing it slowly. I'm currently focused on horror games. I have some rare titles like Haunting Grounds and Rule of Rose. I'm kind of moving from genre to genre, though, so I'll probably wrap up horror games in the next 2-3 years and move onto shooters or RPGs.

My most recent acquisition is pic related. Found it used for $5 at a local second hand game shop.

Just to double check, you mean the Gamecube entries in each? Prices have certainly gone up on those (and checking in particular with Path of Radiance, a big spike happened around the time Awakening came west; glad I got mine for $10) At least TTYD isn't too bad off, maybe still $25-30 locally, though certainly more than Gamestop was likely asking for it by the end.

With the PS2 and Xbox, you can still generally manage to get a lot of stuff at pretty low prices, but a handful have been creeping up there. But it's not like the Gamecube where most of the must plays, main games in major Nintendo franchises (barring the Metroid Prime games), and the actually rare games all shot up some in price quickly after Gamestop stopped stocking for them and haven't exactly dropped. I suppose one could at least say Melee has fucking ridiculous demand to the point that even with it being one of the best selling Gamecube games it's still a good $60 or so, but then you have cases where other common games (some of which have other options for playing them now) can be a good $40-50 each even though they weren't slouches in sales either.

Yeah, my dad tried his hand at that for a while, and used to berate me over why I wasn't wanting to hock everything I'd pick up on Amazon or ebay for scalper bucks like he was doing. Eventually he dropped it though since it still wasn't as profitable as reselling textbooks and shit.

PS2 emulation takes a good PC and a lot of games are prone to graphical glitches, slow downs, etc. If you're convinced it's the same then try playing Shadow of the Colossus on PCSX2. It takes a lot of workarounds to get running properly, and even then it's liable to slow down at points.

Good fucking luck with that. Personally I'd prefer to just focus on games I like rather than springing for everything. Also, you probably should have opted to focus on the RPGs sooner, as a good percentage of the already expensive games on the system fall under that and are liable to keep climbing (though some will probably always be cheap).

That's why I do it by genre. I'm starting with genres I like and moving to ones I don't. Horror games are some of my favorites, so that's why I'm already working on them. Last will be sports games, which I may or may not actually buy depending on how many of them there turn out to be and how much money I'm willing to spend on them.

I know 2400 is a lot, but I already have 200+, so that's about 10%. I'm young and when I have a better income source I can pick up the pace.

I also want to get every Dreamcast game eventually. I'm lucky there because I already have some of the more rare DC games, like Illbleed.

After the Dreamcast, if I ever make it that far, I'll take aim at the PS1. Then the old Xbox. Then SNES. Then PSP.

I plan to just keep moving from system to system until I die, collecting as many games as I can. I'll leave the collection to my kids, who can then either keep it to play with or sell it for a hefty profit.

Yeah, i don't think i've ever seen the N64 paper mario go for any more or less than 30 bucks cart only.

A big spike happened with all the fire emblem games, thing is most of them cooled off afterwards(though it seems Fates made them spike back up again.) Path of Radiance never did.

Tacoland
Dollar skyrocketed all shit that was getting imported, used games went high to cover the already expensive new games and border vendors (my turf) scalp americans instead of selling local
And everyone went berserk, there's a new wave of "so nerdy" fad that everyone wants to cash, PLUS Pokemon Go phenomena introducing people into the dark hole
Guess i'll stick with books

Do you even have enough room for doing all of that though? Plus it just seems like a real waste to be dropping money on games you don't really even have interest in and may not even get to playing.

Plus, have you considered what to do about actual shitty games that the systems saw? I mean, would you seriously want to drop the money, small as it might be, on something like Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly just because it was on the PS2?

Honestly, from what I've seen locally, Paper Mario 64 was about $40 or so last time I saw it. Still, it's no Super Smash Bros 64 (which was about on par with Melee in price and demand) or Conker's.

I suppose with Path of Radiance it's had a bit of a reputation that might have kept the price and demand up. Also maybe Ike being recognizable among newcomers to the series due to Smash Bros.

I don't think Radiant Dawn's come down that much either, but I can't say for sure.

Actually, now that i think about it, is PSP ever going to really be all that rare or hard to collect for? I can't possibly imagine UMDs really being in demand

My bedroom is lined with shelves. They're everywhere. I also installed a set in each of my closets, and I have a storage room where I keep vidya (and extra food). I am in no danger of running out of space for the time being.

Most of the really shit games are only a few bucks. It's worth it just to say I have everything. Even the sports games will probably be on my shelf eventually.

Yea, that's why I'm waiting to get to serious PSP collecting.

Not really. A handful of games maybe, but demand's not really there these days. Maybe for the ones that saw low/limited print runs, or were region exclusive (ToE PSP and BoF III PSP being PAL only in English on the system), and the ones that don't have a PSN version (Square-Enix didn't bother doing so for VP: Lenneth or either Star Ocean, but they seem to ignore PSN or VC versions for any Enix games that aren't ActRaiser here), but right now they're generally pretty low in price aside from Collectors Editions.

I'm very interested in getting Tetris TGM3 proper since I've been having so much fun with the DS "port", but have absolutely no experience with arcade systems. I'm only interested in playing it, not setting up a proper cabinet. So far, I believe I require the following:
- The game (obviously)
- Taito Type X system
- VGA monitor, preferrably CRT
- JVS I/O for controller connection, whatever that means
What I'm not sure of is how they're powered, hopefully it's simple since they're based on regular PC hardware. Additionally what controller is required and what is needed for audio.

Also I have tried "emulation" but when I actually got the game to load the gameplay was running on an uncapped framerate making it impossible. It'd probably have terrible input lag anyway.

so if I go googling for that, will I find some guro?
They're really cute and I could do with a fap.

You can play IMOQ on a laptop with a cheap laptop i3 clocked to 2.8GHz and 256mb vram easily, if you have the money to waste on stupid shit, you can put that on a PC. G.U. with 3.2GHz and 512mb vram. I bought I and M back when they were piss cheap in 07 because they were that unremarkable, I'm not as retarded as you to buy that shit today for several hundred fucking dollars you kike.

>OY VEY, stop buying video games like a goy "retard", Just buy [cheap appliance that only gives an approximation of the experience] instead!

That setup would still chug like a motherfucker if you tried to run SotC :^)

I'm sorry that you're too poor to afford 15 year old used games, user.

Sometimes, I know for a fact Sturmwind was

Good luck with that, you'll probably have to travel to japan since this autist has every DC game in existence and some of those games had stupid ass limited prints of 15 copies or so. Other set of games was sold directly from a website that is obviously no longer active. The Dreamcast only had 600-700 games if I recall correctly, the PS2 had a large bulk of those being japan only (much like SEGA) so thats probably gonna be impossible

Jesus christ how many fucking dreamcasts and VMUs does this faggot need. Many of those aren't even different, he's just hoarding them at this point.

I realize that there are some limited print games that'll be borderline impossible to get, but sometimes you have to accept minor losses. I'll try to buy them if I ever get a half decent chance and my income is good enough, but I'd settle for all of the US releases.

Got myself a GC, and then someone gave me their Wii and N64 so I'm doing pretty good right now. Softmodded the wii so I guess after I get S-Vid for the cube it's going to be a consolized GBA, has anyone tried out the EDGBA-X5 yet?

Here's the thing chances are they'll never be for sale. Take Sonic Ltd Edition. That had 15 copies. Lets assume at best half of those are owned, and the other half have been lost/destroyed/sitting in some warehouse. That means 7 copies 8 if you want benefit of the doubt for the whole world. Chances you'll even in encounter it is abysmal. And thats for a relatively well known mascot/game. The other one that was a series of jap only/online only games that a specific now defunct store sold will surely be imposible to find since
Forget it mate, its impossible to get a full DC set.

Kek. He's an autist user. Mad props to him having all the weird SEGA shit though like the Divers Dreamcast and the Treamcast well that one's technically not SEGA

Wow! what a coincidence, all 8 copies happen to be on ebay right now!
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xsonic adventure limited edition.TRS0&_nkw=sonic adventure limited edition&_sacat=0

Yeah, what a cohencidence

Yup, absolute (((coincidence)))

That sucks. Much as I'm fine with emulation myself for various systems (though I do like having actual copies of stuff where feasible), there's some places in the world where it's much more warranted due to obscene local prices, lack of effort to bring games over in the in the first place, or ridiculous costs to import. Hope stuff improves for your area in the future.

I live in a border state. Prices here aren't too bad if you know where to look, have the persistence to keep checking, and have a bit of luck on your side.

You can bet your ass only one of those is an actual Sonic ltd

It looks like 2-3 of them might be legit, but in the particular case of Sonic Adventure: LE, I don't really see the point. It's barely different from the version of the game I already own, right? Who gives a shit if I don't have every edition of every game. I would feel comfortable calling my collection complete without something like this. But, on the other hand, if I DID have $500 sitting around I wouldn't necessarily feel that bad about dropping it on that CIB copy if it's really THAT rare.

Got 3 games in the mail today. Take a guess on what they are Holla Forums.

Back in 2010 or so, I bought 200 green DVD cases and used a laser printer to make high-quality covers for all the pirated games I burned to play on my hacked 360. People who see my shelves think I have a gigantic collection because I do. There's no difference between data downloaded for free and disc-based data you gave up your hard-earned cash for

Aside from impressing people, it serves a purpose in reminding me that I have the games and I'll sometimes think "I haven't played that in a while, it was pretty good" and play it again. If the discs were just stacked in a pile somewhere I'd completely forget about most of them.

TGM3 has been properly cracked for ages. Anyway, if you're interested in real arcades, I know a site that might help you out.

I feel like this is what I'd do if I was into piracy. I might do this anyway for CD case games like OP mentioned. Good job, user.

First package.

Also: Post a picture?

Yeah, I don't get why some people are so fond of just having stacks of caseless discs in a disc book or spindle or whatever. Or worse, lying around the house. I mean, I can get that maybe space is a concern (though my own shelves only take up maybe four feet of horizontal wall space), but it seems like such a waste for people to get a game and then just trash everything but the disc. Especially in the case of older stuff where the manual might contain information the game itself doesn't.

I'd give it a guess, but I'm not too familiar with Genesis stuff (no one around me had Sega stuff when I was young).

Surprise Nigger! Only $14, let me know what you think. Manual is jacked but it's complete enough for me.

h o t

I was a Nintendo kid back in the day & I'm finally getting to play a lot of the Sega games I missed out on so I can see where you're coming from.

Package number 2.

Manx TT! $17 shipped. Looked like a fun arcade racer. I said "why the fuck not?"

Last package.

Boy I just got a bunch of stuff for free yesterday.

Fuck me

Found pic related at a GoodWill for 5 bucks, CD and all in original jap.
Also picked up an English hacked version of SMT2 for the SNES from a local con

Nice, free is always good. Are you just starting to collect for the Dreamcast, or have you been collecting for it for a while?

I just collect random stuff whenever I get the chance. Doesn't matter what system really.

I'm actually doing more selling than buying lately. I have a drawer of PS2 and NES games I'm pushing on ebay. Bought a bunch of N64 games last year but haven't had time to pick up and play anything else.

Lucky Sumbitch!

Last pic before reveal.

That is absolutely bonkers. How much money did it cost you to use the laser printer? DVD boxes aren't cheap either. Most of the time I just go to garage sales and just tell them I'll buy all their DVDs for maybe like 25-50 cents a DVD. Then I just throw the DVDs and covers and use those. Lets face it, no one is going to buy your Desperate Housewives Season 3.

Got my hands on an N64 with two 1st party controllers from craigslist. Shit's tight. What should I get an ED64 or an everdrive? The former is considerably cheaper.

I started out the same way back in 2012. Cool to have picked up a number of games for cheap then & find out later they rose in price by a good amount. .Hack, Fire Emblem (gba), Ristar, Terminator Sega CD to name a few.

Shipping fucking kills, I live in Australia and I hate when I finally find an old game I want for like $25 but the shipping is $25 too.

Street Fighter Collection. $76 shipped, broken case, official disc 2 sleeve is missing, but the games look in good to very good condition. Not too bad a price considering most but it nows are $150-$200. Been at Street Fighter fan since 92' Champion Edition got me hooked.

A couple of Canadians I watch on YouTube cross the border to buy games at GameStop, thrift shops, or have games shipped to a friend close to the border. Other than that all I can say is "I have my sympathy CanadiaBros"

I haven't had a chance to buy any Saturn games for a few months. I got a Dragon Force back in June, and Mega Man 8 in May. I just bought a goddamn house and work tons of overtime. Being an adult sucks. At least I have a place to put all my stupid shit. When I get fully settled I'm gonna be buying a Neo Geo MVS off someone I know for $350.

I just think it's a nice hobby to have. Want to pass them down to my kids if I ever do have any. If not some lucky chucklefuck will get my shit.

And out of every game I got yesterday, these are the two I was the most happy with. Demo disks are the shit.

Have you actually done a lot of looking for non-Gamestop stores in the surrounding areas? Just curious, since for a year or two I'd thought Gamestop was the only option left where I lived as far as brick and mortar stores went, but journeying into the surrounding towns where there are less Gamestops I've found a number of small independent used game stores. Just a thought anyhow; I'm not sure how close things are in driving distance for you townwise (there's a number of cities spread out from the state capital here, each backed up right next to each other; you can drive ten to twenty minutes and leave one city and immediately be in the next).

So I've been looking around online and found someone selling a PSone with 3 controllers, 2 memory cards, and pic related for the games. Is it worth a buy for $50.00?

Just bought myself a second Vita. I really wanted that orange one that Japan has, and I managed to find this one on eBay which was about $10 cheaper than literally anything else I could find. How'd I do?

If I'm thinking of the right game. That lot may be worth it for Intelligent Cube alone. It usually runs about $50.

I've been picking up xbox games at my local game store recently. I get one about every month. The prices are decent, but it's obvious they base it off high online prices for the more well known collectable games.

Got these three for 7 bucks each. Great condition and have the manuals. Will probably go in tomorrow and pick something up after seeing this thread.

Might want to be on the look out for the Otogi games if you're not already.

That's pretty interesting. Is Intelligent cube any good as a game? I'll probably sell the games in the collection I have no interest in anyway.

I'm interested in playing on real hardware, but without the full arcade cabinet, that's too expensive and space-consuming. So basically the sort of thing used in those GDQ videos. That said understanding how the real arcade machines are set up would be useful, link?

I've heard good things about that series, but haven't played them yet myself. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Definitely.

They're not the easiest games to find, but demand and prices for them have still been rather low from what I've seen when a store actually does get them in. They're perhaps more than the average Xbox game these days (I think they were about $18 each last I saw them around where I live), but that's still not much compared to other games on certain sixth gen systems (such as how Super Mario Sunshine is like $35 now locally).

I also want to know: Out of the 17 games in the collection, which ones are worth keeping, and which ones are worth selling?

Just keep all of them fam. If any are worth decent money right now then they'll be worth more later if you keep them in good shape. Plus, most of those games are >fun.

Amazon was selling both brand new for 20 bucks not too long ago, hell, the second game is STILL 20 bucks new. I guess it's more than the average xbox game, but only because the average xbox game is like, a dollar, or 5 depending on where you look.

Yeah, I meant it in the "Xbox games are usually dirt cheap, so $18 is actually a bit more than the norm" way. Honestly surprises me a bit that the games, Otogi 2 in particular, aren't more expensive given how badly they did in sales (VGchartz reports Otogi 2 at about 50,000 copies sold worldwide, though it seems to have done a lot worse in both PAL and JP markets than the US one) but again, the availability doesn't seem to clash much with demand to the point of causing them to shoot way up.

I think Lost Kingdoms II and maybe Echo Night: Beyond are still the most expensive sixth gen From Soft games.

After some further checking, it seems like there's actually not much information on the arcade system itself. Just that cracked versions will work fine on real hardware.

I assume you've already checked system16?

(Sage because I forgot to put this in the above post. I'm the same guy as before, my ID changes periodically)

The haul in question. The two controllers are in excellent condition and the N64 booted and played games. For $30 this was a steal seeing how in my area all N64s are atleast 40 upwards with 1 controller. Now Ijust need an everdrive since I already have the full no intro set.

All 30 or so of my N64 games don't work on any console anymore. Any easy fix?

I've messaged the guy with the PS1 and the 17 games, and I've been waiting to hear back from him now. It's only been one day but It feels like forever.

Have you tried gently cleaning them with a slightly moist q-tip? That's what I did. Often times the connectors just get dirty and they need a light scrubbing. You can use similar tactics on the connectors in the console itself.

Just remember:
LIGHTLY MOISTENED

Water is bad for video games, so you only want just enough to help the dirt come off.

Good luck, user.

Hoppe's No. 9. Takes corrosion right the fuck off with fuck all effort, and smells like bananas. Find it in the firearm accessories aisle, by the earmuffs, targets, and glasses. Dab a q-tip in it, wipe both sides of the board, then wipe it up with the dry end. Don't throw the cotton swab away in your bedroom or office, though. Not good to breathe that stuff too much, despite how nifty it smells.

I was looking around online recently and found someone selling a PS2 slim along with 4 controllers, 2 memory cards, and 30 games for $80.00. Is this a good deal?

Depends on the games, really, ps2 slims aren't the most expensive out there.

Gonna buy a wii soon and load it up with Wii and GC ISOs. I'll probably buy a few physical Wii games at least, but with the way GameCube games are going, I won't even start collecting those.

That's a pretty good deal, but only because of all the games.

1/3
Jesus, i've got so many games now i'm starting to run out of room, these probably aren't even half of what i own.

2/3

3/3
If i'm not lazy later on, i'll dig out the rest, the stuff behind the blu rays/psp games are gameboy and DS stuff and UMD movies.

PS2s run about $20-$30 complete usually. Depends on the games. Get any RPGS, Fighters, Action Platformers, or Horror titles in that lot? Those genres are most sought after.

Yeah I'm working tons of hours as well. I'm trying to knockout the rest of the big hitters I have left for the Saturn. Saturn Bomberman, Guardian Heroes, In the Hunt, Metal Slug (Import), Radiant Silvergun (import), D&D Mystaria (import), maybe Symphony of The Night (import). I've got cash to blow but I'm always looking for the best deal. Trying to save so I have to control myself.

Well, according to his article, the games he was selling are: Suzuki-Super Bikes, Juiced, Ski-Doo-Snow Racing, Tony-Hawk,
Need for Speed, Stuntman, Metal of Honor, Splash-Down, Combat
Racing, Midnight Guard, Harry Potter, Gran-Tourismo,-4, Acecombato, Tiger Woods-PGA-2005, Stuntman, Fix Atv-Unleashed, Grand Theft Auto, Full Spectrum-Warrior, ATV-Quad Power Racing-2, Deer Hunter, Cars, ATV-Off Road Fury-3, Proffesional Drag Racing, Street Racing Syndicate, Showdown, Baja-1000, Baseball-2005, NHL 2K9, 4X4 Evo, Stuntman, Ignition. So it's probably mostly sports shit.
Gif unrelated.

Seems strange to find an import at goodwill, nice find

Has some good racing games in there.

true. I was thinking of selling the games that ended up being shit to see if there's any value to them.

there isn't, most sports/racing games are ~3 bucks each + shipping and that's IF they're complete and in good shape, a disc only copy may as well be a coaster.
Hell, some of those aren't even worth 3, stuntman ignition is 2 bucks + shipping on ebay.

Seems like in the best case scenario, you're just getting EXACTLY what you paid for, 3 coasters and 27 wastes of time.

Clean that shit user
You fucking fa-
All is forgiven user

Thats a really nice looking NGC collection you've got going on user, the cases look like they're in excellent condition except for one that has a sticker on the spine. Let me guess, Gamestop?
Shit's suprisingly cheap. You might want to start collecting for the OG since its cheap as fuck too (same goes for X360). I personally enjoy modding consoles rather than collecting but whatever.

Fuck me. How much did you pay for that copy of Afrika?

Yeah, with the Gamecube having become the next SNES in terms of price hikes, I can't blame people that don't want to waste their money on the library these days. I at least got started on it shortly before Gamestop stopped carrying for it, but even now I still manage cheap pickups every so often, though admittedly it's pretty few and far between.

Doesn't seem like that much worthwhile for the price, but I don't know. Probably a lot more common to find people bundling their old PS2 with sports, licensed shit, shovelware, or shooters than the more pricy stuff (if you did find someone selling a PS2 with, say, every worthwhile RPG on the system, they'd probably be asking a lot more than the normal PS2 bundled price).

There are a lot of second hand and independent game shops that still carry Gamecube games in my area. I've been lucky. I can generally find a copy of most Gamecube games for a good price if I call enough stores. It might not be too much lower than what I'd pay online, but there's no shipping charge or wait time, so I don't have to sit around half the week wondering when my new game will arrive.

Pic related is my current GC holy grail.

I'm in the middle of reorganizing, gotta make room for a 5th shelf in my tiny ass room.

MW2 and the PS2 ones were a gift, Black ops i picked up for like 5 bucks at a GS bargain bin just to try the co-op.

[spoiler]There are 4 systems i don't own, but i still have games for, PS4 is one of them. Besides, those are all single player games that i bought for next to nothing

HELP[/spoiler]

32 bucks shipped.

Gamestop? Psh, fuckers just handed me a disc in a generic DVD case, and a broken one at that. Had to buy the box/manual off ebay. Still, way cheaper than buying it complete though.

Actually i am, you just can't see that shit under the pile of PS1 games, I can see the appeal of modding, but i try to avoid messing around with the consoles if i can help it, like instead of Ripping off the tabs on my N64, i just bought a shitty sports game and replaced the back of

I have an extensive collection of rare ps2 games still shrinkwrapped, and also some PS1 games like Valkyrie Profile and black labels square enix games.

I'm looking to sell them since I am moving away from video games and this would help raise some capital for a project I want to do. I don't want to sell just to anybody on ebay, I want people to enjoy those games and not simply let them collect dust in some room like I did.

How do you guys know who to sell to?

Whoa, that brings me back. I remember seeing the trophy in Melee but then never hearing a single thing about it. I don't recall ever seeing it in stores, either.

How is it?

Ebay and Amazon are good places to start. Just throw it up and wait for someone to buy it. Could take a few weeks though.

First's things first, don't sell to anyone who might be associated with NintendoAge, they're so deep into hardcore collecting that i've seen them shit on a guy who got a free game from a collector, just because it wasn't rare or valuable enough

I had it when I was a kid. It's surprisingly fun, but it does eventually get kind of old.

The basic idea of the game is this: kill all your enemies, fuck, have kids, and die. That's the whole game. You keep becoming one of your previous iteration's offspring. It has a sort of evolutionary vibe to it, as your cubivores change to have new features with each generation.

Checked.

And yeah, there's still a number of stores in the surrounding towns that stock for sixth gen and below, but aside from a few games (namely Metroid Prime and Viewtiful Joe), it's pretty rare to find much that isn't pricy without it having been a AA game (which isn't to call those bad or anything, just that the titles the Gamecube was known for tend to have gone up a good bit in price) or shovelware these days. Even stuff that had been multiplat with the PS2 and Xbox can be twice as much on the Gamecube in price in comparison.

I've done pretty well myself, but again, it's a slow effort. Still, I'd rather stretch my money and buy when I see something cheap, rather than going for the first copy of anything I see (barring stuff that I actually rarely see if the price doesn't seem horrendous; I didn't mind dropping $25 on BKO or $40 of LKII, and in the case of the former that's just gone up in price since then).

Well I certainly hope you're not just looking to scalp. I mean, it's one thing to not want to be losing much money, but if I were to ever resell my stuff I'd want to cut potential buyers some slack since I know how much some stuff can go for.

Sounds like my kind of game. I'll have to keep an eye out for it; been meaning to widen my GC collection.

Good luck, it's certainly one of the pricier ones around, even among the Gamecube's library. Still has nothing on Gotcha Force's price tag last I looked though. Really should have dropped money on that copy I saw at Gamestop years and years back, but I knew nothing about the game. Seen a copy a single time since then locally, and the store was wanting $110 for it, which as far as I've seen is cheap compared to the $180 it was going for, at least as of a while back.

*my copy of Sin & Punishment
Fuck, how'd that happen.

At this point they're about the same.

I saw a copy for $100 almost three years ago, but I couldn't afford it at the time. Feels bad.

try using small acrylic shelves for your GBA games

also there's a distinct lack of saturn there

you can remove stickers with a heat gun, try not to do it on the plastic but the gamestop stickers are a giant blemish on your collection.

I just want to make some money while having someone else enjoy my collection. I would want to avoid resellers.

Huh, when did they both it hit that price? Last I saw Cubivore was maybe $90, but I haven't exactly been actively checking.

The Saturn's library is unfortunately a bit out of my price range, and some of the games I would like to pick up are really fucking expensive, at least for English copies. I also highly doubt I can manage to get a lot of cheap games for it at this point, though I do hear it is pirate friendly, or something.

As for the GBA games, I've been using those clear plastic bins you can see in the image to store the ones I don't have cover prints made for yet (so they're not just sitting around to get dusty; only took them all out for the photo). They work really well.

Come on mate, I've seen you post here before you should have the gist of it by now I recognize you from the stabucks shelf

Huh? Why?

I see the appeal to collecting and making one's room look dope and shit, but I'm just more pragmatic and poorer. I like how my games look inside the consoles, using usb loaders or the internall hdd. The Wii USBLoader GX looks great (+ the customizable background music makes it quite enjoyable. Vid related, one of the songs I have in the bgm directory). Same goes for multiman on the PS3. With my CD based games however, I do use custom DVD cases.

The DVDs in question. There's still many games I need to put in DVDs though, those boxes don't come cheap.

Absolutely not. In fact, it just recently got cracked (another reason why current year a best) but before that it was either modchip or pseudo-saturn. Still, we're still a couple years away until the USB-loader hits the market

Yeah, sorry, meant moddable, I suppose. I just knew that I'd seen some people mention something about playing burned games on it without much hassle, or something. Maybe I was thinking of the Dreamcast though.

the saturn is pretty pirate friendly. Flashing a pseudo saturn is a bit of a task but it's not some horrible 45 dollar no longer produced mod chip and soldering re-wiring project. Once you figure out how to hot swap disks, which is a bit nerve wrecking, you're good to go. Just flash the cart, burn the games, and you're good to go.

Counting chickens before they hatch, in other words, the games are cheap and easy to find in good working condition, but the consoles aren't.

Nice to know, but I'm interested in a proper copy even if it's about as much as the arcade system.

No, like I said I'm totally green. I managed to find a few useful pictures though, TTX really is a hacked together PC. It should be possible to just use the VGA and 3.5mm for audio and video, and the PSU is universal. All that leaves is the I/O board and what controller to fit to it.

Alternatively, buy a new case and transfer the sleeve, manual, and disk. If you can't find an empty case for sale then buy a cheap game from the same console and swap them out. You can then resell the cheap game for about the same price, but this time it's in the sticker case.

There's some people online that you can buy fresh cover prints from as well. I need to do that for a few games of my own that either had the art sun or water damaged prior to buying. Not sure when I'll feel like dropping $10 per print though.

I tried asking the guy if I could only by some of the games (the non-shit ones) and he said he was selling it for his cousin and that all 30 games were bundled with the system.

Is there a specific site you recommend?

What I saw was some guy on Ebay that was running prints for various PS2 games; not sure if he does them for any other system. I'll dig around and see if I can find what his seller name was.

Fuck, going off the link I had the guy isn't doing so anymore.

Basically, he had a selection of game covers you could pick from, and would send you a cover print and a new quality case for $10 plus shipping.