Persona 5- Meido Cafe Simulator Confirmed

New P5 thread. Or just Persona in general, or SMT as a whole. Depends on the info and flow of the convo.

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/06/15/atlus-looking-add-japanese-audio-dlc-no-news-yet/
archive.is/Ldmrg
personacentral.com/persona-5s-thief-alliance-online-systems-detailed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Damn they're taking forever for the Haru CM.

NO MARIE NO BUY

NO ADACHI NO BUY

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

No kisssssss

Man, really like the overall aesthetic especially the UI.

Too bad it'll likely be another P4

Demon Negotiation is back as well as guns as sidearms, it's more SMT than persona, it seems

It also brought back Psy and Nuclear as elements. Dark spells also do damage now.

NO JOEY NO BUY

NO IGOR NO BUY

I created a monster.

Across the vastness of the internet, Memes echo into eternity

Yeah…

NO DANTE, NO BUY.

NO LIGHTING NO BUY

NO ZELDA NO BUY

Jesus christ

More hyped for Etrian Odyssey V tbh.

NO TEDDIE, NO BUY.

NO FAERIES NO BUY

No Marie = Buy

actually it should be

TEDDIE, NO BUY

For some reason I am not looking forward to P5

Care to share why?

NO PC NO BUY

NO TATSUYA, NO BUY

NO TUX, NO BUX

I have no idea why. My brain just can't get hyped or interested in it.

I told you that mariefag would end up ruining these threads you fucking idiots. "It will be ok user he is harmless" you said. Now we won't be able to talk about the game without a hundred shitposts like this. Good job faggots. Kill your fucking selves.

Maybe you're burned out on the series or the fact that it took forever to come out?

Probably

I'd say the former.

Pretty easy to get burnt out of the series

Underrated post.

I want to fuck every single persona character, I swear to god.

Eikichi please

The only Shin mega game I'm playing right now is Persona 4, then I'm gonna play the one for the 3DS called 'Soul Hackers'

I have no idea how they link canonically, I don't understand any references, I also do not know what to expect, but I refuse to play Persona 3.
Also, I'd fuck her too.

Well yeah, It's egoraptor

AUWGH SHEET

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

He is harmless, what would we do to him anyway, beg mods to ban him? The fact that this led to further shitposting from others is because they allowed it to happen. If Mariefag was spamming from multiple IDs, a possibility though I don't believe it, then I'd say he's disrupting. If one guy jumps off a bridge, then a group of people jump off a bridge, you don't blame the first guy for the larger group's retardedness. The first guy is still retarded, and so is everyone else, but it's not one's fault for the other's.

Cease your shitposting, foul demon!

adachi > marie

They're both trash that Golden failed to capitalize on. Golden is the worst Atlus re-make.

Souls Hackers has no connection to P4 at all. P3 and P4 are really only connected by time (P4 takes place after P3).

Does anyone know if ashey burch is doing voice acting for this game because i want to have a reason to cancel my order.

Jesus Christ, why does this come up every 20 posts? She's like a fucking boogeyman to you all.

No, we don't know for certain, but it's unlikely since she already had major roles in the last 2 O4 spin-offs PQ and Dancing All Might, and Atlus only re-uses voices in a series once. JYB, Yuri L, Laura Bailey, Tara Platt, Grant George, and Troy Baker all prove that rule. Burch should be no different, and considering the obvious negative reaction to her being Rise, I think Atlus would be even more wary of using her.

Your poems are SHIT!!

Idiot.

The boogeyman isn't real.

That cunt very much IS.

Now I only played P4 vanilla on the PS3 soI was spared that particular shit show.

excuse me but i think the boogeyman is much more enjoyable than The Cuck Sister

I don't like her. She is a uggo mudskin and can't act for shit faggot.

Will this be a no dual audio release fucking again?

they pretty much said that

That = no dual audio?

When has Atlus ever done done that aside from the Arena games, when that was more an Arc System Works deal.

yes

I was just looking at the Persona cards I have yet to unlock, now it's spoiled, and I've never been so glad.
He's beautiful.

Is Shin Megami just a trademark name then? I have no clue how this works.

It's done in order to draw attention to the other Atlus games in America(unsure about EU) because SMT was the more well known series. Considering the shared demon art and similar aesthetic, it was easy to sell it as a spin-off. They've stopped doing it with Persona recently, and they may stop doing it all together going forward as SMT has fallen into obscurity with age.

I know they dont do it, but I always have a sliver of hope that they will drop this retardation so I dont have to wait for undubs.

Everyone is hoping on the dual audio bandwagon. They could even make it paid DLC for all I care, just make it available. How fucking hard is that?

I JUST REMEMBERED
they said they MIGHT add it in as DLC

Oh shit! Nigga, you best not be trolling.

They said might.

nichegamer.com/2016/06/15/atlus-looking-add-japanese-audio-dlc-no-news-yet/

No, they did say they were looking into it. Good for you. I can't stand a lot of jap dubs because of the female VAs.

I only want options. I dont want japanese dubs only - I want all of us to enjoy the game in the way we prefer. I dont even mind paying a little extra for the japanese audio DLC if that would keep the price of the base game down for people who dont want that extra option.

I would be more receptive to the english dubs if english was my native language, but since it isn't, I prefer to hear the game in its native language.

you know, there's companies that just release the game with English subtitles in japan/asia and then you can fucking import those
Atlus is just being faggots

I would definitely be happy with an asia version with subtitles. God fucking knows why some companies are so resistant to that, like NIS/NISA.

I'm not attacking you, I agree that more options is always best. If that's how you want to enjoy it, I hope you get to, so long as it doesn't come at cost to my own.

By the way, Anne CM should be up tomorrow.

Not even that, neither are my native languages and i STILL prefer the Jap version just like I prefer the native language for stuff from the US.

English versions of games here, are like Spanish version of American cartoons in beanerland, they have shit tier management which gets them to pick the worst possible voice actors. I've seen good spanish dubs back in the day, so I am fucking confident that there are people over there that have the talent and skill to produce good voice work, but they are never chosen.

Why?

QUE TE JODAN

If they do asia version its just the Western version with english voice acting or just pure Japanese I checked for P4G Asia since I remembered SE doing english sub with Japanese voice acting for Dissidia

Man you Persona shitters have such low standards.

Honestly, I hate DLC, but I'm willing to look past that for japanese audio.

Anne's CM is out.
MMMPH

Oh, so this is also coming for the PS3? I was under the impression it was a PS4 exclusive. Good. Now even if Atlus doesnt give us the nip audio, we will get an undub eventually.

Well the eventual enhanced version and P6 will be PS4 only since PS3 is gone after 2017 in Japan

Who knows - we might have an exploit for the PS4 by then.

When were you under that impression?
The official website has said it'd be a PS3/PS4 dual release for over a year now.

I dont know who is best girl anymore.

How'd you get that impression? It's been known since the 2014 teaser.

all of them

Anne has some angry as fuck expressions. I wonder if she and Makoto ever go NUCLEAR together.

Who is going to be a man whore in this game?

They said they'd punish that behavior like in Golden.

What they did in Golden was hardly a punishment.

That's fucking sad really, I love the overall darker aesthetic without making it too emo like P3 did.

Why do the men look so fucking samey? I mean, they're cute, but god damn, they're fucking generic.

Can I whore out other people?
I just got into this series, so I have no fucking clue on what to expect.

It made me feel pretty bad…

Massive disappointment.

This is what I mean, you let them jew you out for something that should have been in the game.

Oh, I'm already there actually.
This game is shit, the only reason I played it was because of the art.

This entire fucking series reeks of missed potential.

play 1,2, and 3, at least

It's pretty damn awkward to sit through. And it's a massive guilt trip, that made me kind of feel.

Bump save.

NO BIG GUY, NO BUY

I feel the same.

4U

Yusuke

NO BUY, NO MAI

As opposed to random VA changes across games, wildly varying quality of VAs in the same game, fucking Ashley Burch

>they might add dual audio
They said the same thing with Catherine. I know bullshit when I see it.

Laura Bailey wasn't available because she was getting paid more by Microsoft at the time of recording and they weren't going to halt the dub of a fucking Vita game just for her. So no, it wasn't a random casting change, and more that the original actress wasn't available. I do wish they had planned recording more around her schedule, but localizations like that typically have to work with what they're given.

If you're going to be rude, you could at least spell my name correctly, you bunch of racist pigs. Fuck you.

I think he was referring to Chie, Kanji, Teddie, Naoto, Margaret, and even Igor's(hopefully temp) change. We know why for Chie and Kanji, but not the rest. Only JYB, Yuri, Amanda Winn-Lee, Karen Strassman, and the guy who voiced Djima kept up their roles. Props to Laura for only missing one, but then again, she missed the BIG one for her. Atlus should've waited.

Post tits

NO MASTEMA NO BUY

IF IT DOESN'T FEATURE DANTE FROM THE DEVIL MAY CRY SERIES, NO BUY

Persona 5: Featuring Donte from DMC

At least you're not Anthony Burch, am I right.

Is Shaggy gonna fuck that vampire?

their kid shows up in the squeal

i meant sequel

Yes.

I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD IF THEY DECIDE NOT TO DO THE PS3 VERSION IN THE STATES I'LL NEVER BUY AN ATLUS GAME AGAIN

"Hey, what's up," maybe a little nasally and too peppy

OHAAAAAAAAAIOOO EMU-CEE-CHANDESUUUUUUUUUU~!!!

It's unlikely the DLC would cost. They'd never get away with that one. It would likely be like the extra difficulty modes in SMT IV Apocalypse: free dlc.

be less obvious

It's not bait to imply that US gamers want characters they can understand and that have timbre not resembling a train whistle. Sorry if that triggers you, learning Nip won't get you any slant pussy.

Why on Earth would they do that?

Here's an article with some Jap impressions of the demo.

archive.is/Ldmrg

Japs agree about some user's sentiment about the UI. But apparently once you get used to it it's better than the ones before, so that's decent news.

I do not see how. Just by looking at screenshots I can tell you I could already navigate a battle easily, unless the japs just can't wrap their heads around pushing a button instead of scrolling through a menu.

Is this Catherine?

No

No. Vincent got his happy ending. He went to space camp.

RIP

Yeah sorry but I'm not American and you Californians sound terrible. I'll take the original thanks.

I'll be fine.

Never seen it. Any good?

TLR? It's really solid, as far as JRPGs go.

So about a 4/10 on a non-inflated scale?

NO DOUBLES NO BUY

I'm impressed that you managed to only be one off, for some reason.

If Mementos is really going to be randomly-generated INFINITE QUESTS™ dungeon, how wide is the variety of target enemy models going to be for that? I don't want to face the same bespectacled bowl head a million times over.

It is the second most autistic game I ever played. The battle system is so convoluted and the game is 90 hours long and grindy as fuck.

Loved it. Also cute imouto.

It's all the non-story related quests, so there should be some variety.

Can't touch it then. And what's the most autistic game you've played?

Sounds familiar.

Most autistic I've played is

By Atlus.

Random battles every 5 steps, super grindy and bosses can wipe you out easy.

20 more days until Jap release and my departure. 8 days until Daybreakers anime.

Anyone know how to say chained chair in nip?

Luckily video game season is here. I will have Cold Steel 2, AA6 and Apocalypse to keep me distracted for quite a while.

Psssh…

id rather wait until the game is released, i dont want to play the game and later find out that the supposed "best grill" a shit

doubt it, didn't vincent already appeared in P3P?

My vote goes to Makoto for best girl. I love the anger she's shown so far. I don't know why I find it sexy.

Now all he needs is his best friend Agony aka Darks

Bathing seems to take a lot out of him.

It probably will though.

今日は客が少ないせいだろうか、お湯がぬるい…

ゆっくりとお湯に浸かることができそうだ…
[ 長湯する ]
[ もう出る ]

Man, I hope so. It would be nice to see Mastema in a Persona game. It probably won't happen, though.

Every time i see this image i expect it to vibrate.

These opinions

posting the truth will get you banned around here.

NO POPPO NO WIN

Anime is trash kill youself

Some anime is indeed trash. I check your dubs of slightly amended truth.

I'm sad, I could probably voice Morgana and Teddie, along with a handful or other characters without sounding obnoxious and out of place, but they'll take shitty VA's over a newbie. Feels bad man.

I already got rejected for Monokuma's role for the english dub of DR because I applied too late, so that's a damn shame

Put your money where your mouth is, son. I'd love to hear a non-obnoxious Teddie.

Protip:You can't.

how does someone apply btw? i always wanted to know

You're probably right, but I'm doing it out of accuracy.
Here is the Japanese voice for reference.

There's a "Jobs" section in NISA's website, and Atlus as well most likely. Just apply, if you already have a history and skills, you're more likely to be hired.

He asked for your voice sample.

I know, give me a moment. I just let him know that I'm mimicking the original jap VA. Same with the others really.

Not really hyped to be honest now that I had the real thing.

The fantasy version of things is usually more appealing.

My maid chio-chan is cuter than anything in a video game.

Post pics and prove it, faggot.

I could understand someone like Kaneko or Doi having an art exhibit. But Soejima? That's kind of laughable.

Should I try it even tho I am late to the party or am I a lost cause?

play 1,2, or SMT 3 for the feel

It's a turn-based jrpg that combines social sim elements, time management and dungeon crawling. The tone changes a bit between which game you're playing. The first two games resemble SMT a lot more and play very differently. Persona 3 is the one that started the calendar-based time management social sim aspects, though it still is pretty melancholy in tone…at least at times. Persona 4 was much more lighthearted in tone, even though it's about murders (think JoJo part 4). It got super popular and thus spawned a ton of spinoffs.

Persona 5 while not seeming to bite of the same apple as P3, doesn't seem to be following P4's footsteps of upbeat friendship-inspired optimism either and seems to be going for a more rebellious feel. Kicking back against authority, that kind of thing.

That won't give him a feel for this game or any of the modern Personas at all. That would just give him a feel for the stuff you like, which doesn't have a lot to do with this game.

1, 3, or 5 would be the best starting points.

It's never too late to enjoy one of the best dungeon-crawling Light RPGs of all time.

If you end up liking it, give P2 a chance also. Then feel free to ignore the rest.
To be fair, though, P5 might actually be pretty good. Guess we'll wait and see.

Anyone in here speak Nip?

kinda

are you serious kiddo? I bet you don't even understand how he's talking

With his mouth.

0/10

How would you say "chained chair" or "restrained chair"?

ロックされた椅子
Lit. "Locked Chair"

Here's one interesting point about P5 that, strangely enough, no one ever seems to discuss:

With Kaneko demons reclaiming their place as enemy encounters, will any of them be the designated dungeon reaper ?

Personally, my vote goes to Fiends

For the record I'm not against English dubs.

I want the option of dual audio so gamers themselves can decide.

I haven't been following P5 as closely so as not to spoil anything but this news that Kaneko's designs are back in the front and centre where they belong makes me really happy. SMT IV's demon designs were fucking atrocious

It's here

i rather they keep the reaper

Same. I purposefully haven't watched any of the trailers. I want to preserve the element of surprise.

Like Lucifer's design?

Your blind confidence in P-Studio is perplexing, but lucky. Given their track record, Persona 5 is looking surprisingly good and making a lot of unexpected improvements over P3 and P4. There's even a gun ammo counter in combat now.

If they can significantly improve his design in HD, then maybe. But I don't know. Soejima's enemy designs always fell short for me.

(Is this board fucking up again? This better not be a double-post.)

I really like how she looks with Shadow eyes. Wish there was a way to toggle those, but i guess that wouldn't fit thematically.

(checked)
Playing as just their shadows would be pretty neat though.

Soft voice.

kawaii voice

That too. I like it.

Now that sounds interesting, and would give a lot more insight into how Shadows are when they're not trying to kill the person they're based on or just subservient personae.

AWW YES

New information regarding online features. Thieves Alliance is pretty much the system from Golden.

personacentral.com/persona-5s-thief-alliance-online-systems-detailed/

"In battle, when an ally is knocked out, they can be taken hostage. If you refuse demands for an item, and fail the negotiation, your ally will no longer be able to battle, but by using the Phantom Thieves Alliance, you can receive help from other players" "If you’re detected while in the dungeon, your Alertness Meter will rise and security will become strict. In the worst case, continuing through the dungeon will become impossible, but you can lower your Alertness Level by launching a surprise attack on the enemy or coming back another day. Although there are enemies that will run away when in a tough spot, which raises your Alertness Meter, this can be prevented through the Phantom Thieves Alliance." "During your daily life as a high school student, you can interact with cooperation characters, take on part-time jobs, etc. When you’re not sure what to do, you can check what other players did on that day. There is also a survey feature that shows everyone’s answer percentage for in-class questions."

bump

that's really neat, actually, the classroom thing and the Hostages thing

Definetly the biggest game Atlus has ever tried to release. I wonder how high the budget was for this as opposed to their other games.

Sounds interesting. I wonder what happens to them if you can't pay up or what exactly they demand, if it's always money of items too.

Captcha: Use Zio spells!

i'm unsure if they're actually using the same names for spells now, but who knows

Why would they change them? The only thing that's ever changed with it was the arbitrary difference between wind(Garu) and force(Zan). And I kind of like it for some reason. It's like it's own little arcane language with pre-fixes and suffixes.

well, in SMT the names are different, and they're going for a bit of a smt esque vibe with this one

They are. I don't recall them being different in SMT, Raidou, DeSu, or DDS aside from the Garu/Zan thing.

new video about
BOOKS

Wonder if he's reading a book about Hitler too.

They aren't different in any of the other SMT games I've played.

I thought so.

I hope this time around Atlus finally stops using honorifics in the dub. I hate that so much. They flip flop on them, use them incorrectly, and then it just leads to awkward shit like Yosuke calling Chie Ms. Satonaka in P4. Just drop the damn things and have them speak English if they're going to speak English.

EIGHTY-NINE US DOLLARS

Damn, that's a pretty good deal, I still have my inFamous 2 bag from when I got the Collector's edition cheap. I hope this obe's decently sized.

everything is just on consoles right?

and why is 4 not recommended?

Because 4 is the worst written and the start of an eight year dark age. It's the only game who's re-make actually made it WORSE.

The gameplay is also at its most basic and casualized form.

4 lets you control your allies, whereas 3 had them being controlled by shitty AI that got you killed.

Don't listen to the idiots saying that it somehow makes 3 better than 4. They are likely the same kind of person who thinks playing games by gimping themselves is good substitute for actual difficulty.

5 looks even more "basic and casualised" with being able to give your extra turns to another party member.

I've got a feeling a large portion of the fanbase for the Persona series is going to end up like the Zelda fanbase and just start saying that the new one is shit and the last one wasn't that bad.

I'm currently playing Digital devil saga.

I think I prefer casualised.

The majority of people never finish their games, making it harder and more tedious won't help sales.

It's all a simulation ran inside Sera's brain(she's a cyber shaman and the military is running combat sims using her).

Oh also, after you break out of the simulation every single character but Sera and Serph die, then you go to the moon and Sera fuses with Serph making Seraph.
Then you kill god in the moon and become an omnipotent god.

God in the sun.

Nah, 2.2 > 2.1 > 1 > Q > 4 > 3

3 was irremediably shit.

Oh yeah it was the sun.
Whatever

I've finally beaten Lucifer's Call (nocturne) and I'm wondering what to play next. I've finished persona 3&4, plus DDS 1&2.

There seems to be a lot of kana slang going on in this game.
Man, I can already tell these 5 months are going to be extremely painful for me.