Mods general

Discuss, rate and share total conversions, reskins, overhauls, etc from any vidya gaem.

Starting it off with:

TOTAL CHAOS

Which is a standalone Doom 2 3D Total Conversion that's been in WiP for over 2 years that runs on the GZDoom and Zandronum source-port engines.

Premise taken from the description of embed related:

"In Total Chaos, players are dropped on an island known as Fort Oasis, once the most secret and isolated place in the world. It is believed it was once run by a community of coal miners, which one day disappeared, leaving behind the abandoned concrete jungle to waste away."

The game is essentially an open-world survival horror game set in a big city that's been run down and infested with all kinds of creepy shit.

So far, its looking really fucking great, can't wait for this thing to come out.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=746909314
moddb.com/mods/swconquest
thehouseofgames.org/index.php?t=10&id=194
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why don't they use at least idTech 4?

Oh GOD this is making me sick.
What the fuck this head movement, it's like you're drunk and on drugs at the same time and you lost your glasses while you have two tiny sanics strapped on your feet each going in their separate direction, this is impossible to even watch.

Iunno.

Since its a Doom 2 TC i suppose that camera shake could be disabled in the options menu.

If it only runs on a heavily modified source code engine, it's not a Doom2 TC.

Anything that turns NMS into anything but a subpar wallpaper generator?

The same thing can be said about Cry of Fear, except CoF became a standalone thing later on.

There goes that sacred cow Brutal Doom, then.

Moving on, we have Half-Payne, which is a gameplay mod for Half-Life that adds elements from the Max Payne games, like the shoot-dodge, the painkiller HP system, the bullet-time, even the original death-cam and many more things that are included in the Max Payne games.

It also has a game-mode called "Black Mesa Minute", which takes inspiration from the New York Minute challenge that is unlocked after beating the Max Payne campaigns, rule-set being similar to those of the original games: you complete the levels without dying and by letting the in-game timer to not run out, and killing enemies adds to that timer.

Embed related is a demonstration of the mod.

How is this a modded doom 2? Looks like a Unreal based thing

Essentially, its not straight from Doom 2, but from the OpenGL version which is the modified source-code version used for, well, Skulltag, GZDoom, etc, from the original that of course allows mouse-look, jumping, and so on and so forth. So technically, yes, it is a Doom 2 TC.

And the devs are basically making the game on an engine like this just because they can and feel like doing so.

Embed related's an older gameplay footage from the mod.

I got that much, but still. Quite impressive

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=746909314 this is the worst starbound mod to ever exist.

there's a star wars mod for the first mountainblade that is way fucking better than it really has any right to be

Max Payne Kung fu, a mod that adds in kung fu combos, new shoot dodging, wallrunning/jumping and a staff to Max Payne.

With that its just enough.

You mean this one?

moddb.com/mods/swconquest

Seems pretty neat! Sadly i can't embed gameplay videos from Jewtube of this mod because every single one of them has a faggot commentating.

yeah, that's the one. pretty much everything about it translates really well to mount and blade, except for a couple of really shitty, super tiny maps

It's not a mod.

thehouseofgames.org/index.php?t=10&id=194

Shadow President.

Altough the title shadow president might believe you to think that this is about conspiracy theories about a second shadow government ala the X-files but this is not so. The game is named after the shadow network which in the game is used by you, the president of the U.S.A., to view all information about current global events. Based on reccomendations made by your advisors you can decide on various actions but the basic idea is to keep the people happy so they will vote for you come election day.

The main screen consists of a map of the entire world and here you can zoom in on regions or a single country. The amazing thing is that you can view information about every one of them including things such as what type of government, gdp (gross domestic product), national holidays etc. etc. In fact there is so much data that you can hardly believe the game is only about 3 Megs in size. You are helped by several advisors who give you more information and opinions about decisions to be made. All this info ofcourse is to help you make decisions conserning global and national affairs and at the same time try to keep the voters happy. The exact goal of the game eludes me but maybe that's part of political affairs to confuse you?

Political simulators aren't very common probably because the subject doesn't interest many people. However it's quite an intresting game as you can call up so much information about foreign countries, I actually learned some stuff from this information too. Dispite it's slow pace and rather boring subject matter the game's worth a go even if only to have a couple thousand nukes at your disposal and the ability to push the button :)

This game seems very interesting and intriguing, but it ain't a mod. You could've saged as an off-topic post but its okay i guess.

Shill

Are you guys gonna play the second installation of the Fallout Brazil mod?

Oh yeah, what about the Brazil mod? Is it good after all the wait or what?

DAMN! How could he have seen through our 23-year marketing campaign?

Shut up shill! I know you've been shilling it for all of its existence!

Bump.

I'm really excited for the OpenMW CS 0.40 release. It's been some time since the release commentary for the engine was "leaked", so that's a good sign they're not going to release some buggy piece of shit because they spent the time bugfixing and testing.

You mean like a certain developer who shits the bed every first day at launch of their games up-to-date?

Yes. If they at all have any relation to Morrowind, I bet it's 100% coincidental.