TRUMP THE BLOWHARD - In January, President Trump vowed to hire 5,000 new Border Patrol agents. It never happened==

TRUMP THE BLOWHARD - In January, President Trump vowed to hire 5,000 new Border Patrol agents. It never happened==
ive days after President Trump took office, he signed an executive order that promised a swift, sharp crackdown on illegal immigration — immediate construction of a massive border wall, quick hiring of 5,000 new Border Patrol agents and stepped-up deportation of undocumented migrants.

“Beginning today, the United States of America gets back control of its borders,” Trump declared at the Jan. 25 ceremony at the Department of Homeland Security, which controls federal immigration agencies.

Seven months later, construction of the wall has yet to begin, the number of Border Patrol officers has actually dropped by 220, and immigration agents are on track to deport 10,000 fewer people this year than in President Obama’s last year in office, the latest figures show.

To be sure, part of Trump’s crackdown is showing dramatic results. Illegal border crossings are down 22% compared with last summer. Arrests of people in the country illegally have surged 43% since January, including longtime residents who bought homes, paid taxes and raised families here.

The sharpest increase in arrests was of undocumented migrants without criminal convictions – 24,189 under Trump, nearly three times as many as Obama in the first seven months of last year.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials say the slower pace in deportations — from 240,000 last fiscal year to an expected 230,000 this year — is misleading. Sarah Rodriguez, an ICE spokeswoman, attributed the shift to fewer people being caught and sent back at the border. Removals from inside the country have surged.

But other pledges that Trump made the keystone of his campaign have stalled, or even slid backward, a reflection of the gap between his broad promises and the practical reality of remaking the government’s vast immigration enforcement apparatus.

The challenges are especially steep at the long-troubled Border Patrol, the nation’s largest law enforcement agency. Operating from boats, planes, cars and horses, the green-uniformed Border Patrol officers hold the front line to secure the 2,000-mile Southwest border.

After the terrorist attacks of 2001, Congress doubled the size of the Border Patrol to more than 20,000 to enhance border security. But hampered by poor morale, hiring problems and high attrition, as well as rampant corruption, the agency hasn’t met that goal since 2013.

Staffing has drifted downward since 2010, and the agency now has about 2,000 vacancies — with 220 fewer agents than when Trump took office, records show.

More importantly, based on current attrition and hiring rates, the agency would need to screen about 750,000 applicants to meet Trump’s goal of hiring 5,000 qualified agents, according to a July report by the inspector general at the Department of Homeland Security.

latimes.com/politics/la-na-border-security-20170818-story.html
ARCHIVE.IS ←—fuck cloudflare and google

Other urls found in this thread:

americanprogress.org/issues/education/news/2017/07/12/435671/betsy-devos-secretary-discrimination/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh boy…
Be prepared for a whole bunch of people telling you that "preparing to build the wall" is actual construction and therefore the wall is being built.
Also, be prepared for some retards to tell you that the wall is simply a metaphor.
Basically just be prepared for a lot of excuses. Have fun.

if i remember right, funding for the wall got approved during the bush administration. building the wall is being held up by the EPA regulations, which explains why he'd like to abolish the EPA. if they're deporting beaners & shitskins, i could give a fuck how many officers they have. if deportations are up, then they're doing well enough. the 2 most important campaign promises he needs to keep, IMO, are putting hillary in prison, and building the wall. i don't pretend to know how much behind the scenes is needed for those, but he better fucking do it

How's that coming along?

Hey, don't worry he'll have 4 more years, don't worry about it.

as far as i can tell, it's not coming along for shit yet

sweet demoralization thread. it takes an actual moron to not see that Trump is getting fucked by establishment repubs and his cabinet. Until the president is made a dictator there is only so much he can do.

Well, he's the God Emperor so I imagine he will have until he dies because meme magic will make him the president forever.
that's sarcasm, t_d. I know you really believe that so I should spell out that I'm being sarcastic.

With Bannon gone, I fear that we aren't going to get any of the campaign promises except more deportations, which is like congratulating someone for wiping their ass after they take a shit. The deportations should have never been below a level that they're at now, so patting him on the back for something that should be done anyway seems like a reach.
Hey, anyone remember when he was going to remove common core? Those were the days. I remember it like it was only 8 months ago…

It's nice to be able to say
But that doesn't get a wall up. A great leader overcomes and finds away around all obstacles.
I was a ZOGbot and I remember being told to perform tasks. If the task wasn't done, I had to do pushups. Either you perform or you don't.
There was never any discussion about the obstacles that got in my way that could have prevented it. It's binary.
Did x get done?
If yes, you did well.
If not, you're a faggot.
There are no excuses. But feel free to keep making them. You're a winner or a loser. There isn't any middle ground. We don't have time for excuses. Republican majority. There's never going to be a better time than now. If he can't get it done, then he failed.

Give me one reason why he shouldn't just deploy the National Guard.

i haven't tried to keep up with betsy davos, but i'm hoping he's using her to implement his charter school crap as a means to subvert the (((public school system)))

lol semen

He can't! He has to introduce a bill to the house and senate where it will be overturned and killed and then he can just say

I hope something comes of that white discrimination bill that was being talked about.
I'm tired of hearing that he plans to do shit only to have it never talked about again and buried.

lol do you kikes think you aren't obvious?

what'd i miss? what bill?

The article explains everything, also why there are less people deported this year. As it happens, the majority of people deported are those that cross the border illegally, and since that number dropper by 22% there are way less people to deport, even if deportations from people already inside the country have surged.

In other words, there are way less illegals coming to the country than under obama, which is the goal.

Well if everything goes right McCain will doe this year and next year will see some Senators closer to our side if not on our side if you burgers are doing what the plan is

Die now.

DeVos was working on something barring universities from discriminating against whites in their acceptance rates.
americanprogress.org/issues/education/news/2017/07/12/435671/betsy-devos-secretary-discrimination/

The one that reverses affirmative action in colleges

Affirmative Action was in the SCOTUS, user. THAT’S WHY THEY KILLED SCALIA. It went 4-4 in SCOTUS after his death, so the previous court’s ruling stood (it exists). But it’s back on the chopping block now and Gorsuch won’t let it stand. WE’RE GOING TO GET RID OF AA AND KILL EVERYONE.

The idea in 2018 to vote out cuckservatives in the primaries. Not to mention a lot of Democrats are up for reelection.

A personal hope of mine is Sam Hyde running ironically as a Democrat pretty much to mock Briana Wu and win from that side

noice!

would be so nice to see AA get the axe. 20 years ago my dad got told to his face "i can't hire you, because you're a healthy white male". and we were broke as shit at the time.

My faith that McCain won't be replaced with someone equally retarded is not strong. But McCain needs to die quickly.

Fewer illegals was part of the goal. Don't try to rewrite history. The goal was a permanent solution to the immigrant problem. That permanent solution was a wall. Don't try to muddy the waters and prematurely make excuses.
The goal was a wall, less immigration if not a total stoppage of spics coming in, Mexico was going to pay for it, NAFTA was going to be done, common core was to be gone and no involvement in Syria that could escalate into a war with Russia… among many other things.
No. That's not the goal. That was merely an hors d'oeuvre.

Hey, there's a ton of Republicans like McCain and Lindsey Graham that are basically super liberals. Why not have Sam Hyde, imagine his campaign commercials!

Dude, we are in complete agreement, my post maybe was muddy on that part.

The final goal is "no illegals", but that goal has a bunch of checklists before you meet it, and Trump so far is succeding in that regard.

Also, there's a cost/benefit that should be made, like how much is expensive to reduce illegals vs how much do illegals cost. Right now the balance justify more resources to stop illegals.

Salt-left still kvetching?

>What you may not know is that Wu doesn't admit SHE emphasis on SHE is a trap with the birthname John Flint

who is the salt-left here?

Yes, we're all salt-left. You see, the salt-left shills for immediate construction of the wall and a stoppage of spics. The salt-left is always shilling for a fast construction of the wall. :^)

The worst thing will be if he puts up about 100 miles of the wall and no more during his 4 years.
The actual way I see it going down is this:

Perhaps that's a good strategy, too, the entire meme of 'nazis are democrats' could be used to our advantage.

There's no reason to not try and subvert the Democrat party as well. It may surprise some people to know there used to be a time where even Democrats didn't exist solely to fuck over the White man!

You signing up Neetboy

Well JFK was one of America's best Presidents and was killed by (((them))

JFK did also draft the original Civil Rights Act and died before pushing for it. LBJ then made sure to pass it as a "tribute" to JFK. He did do some bro things like stay out of the Cuban mess (although Cuba is rightful American clay) and push to return to the gold standard.

But I'm saying more like pre-WW1 democrats…