Kreia did literally nothing wrong

Kreia did literally nothing wrong.

She was a force user.

She didn't like the force though, she saw it as a parasite.

She shouldn't have used it then it just makes her a hypocrite.

except being blind old and disabled

I hated how KoToR pushed a lightsaber character build so hard, both mechanically and story wise; it really diminished the replayability.

There is, like, no point in playing star wars game if you don't want to be a jedi. Everything else is super generic in there and is better done in other franchises/games.

fuck kreia tbh

I wonder why the Jedi were so insistent on making everyone have lightsabers, and not just for dress.

Blasters have numerous advantages over sabers and a fighting art that incorporated guns and the Force would rival traditional laser sword fighting in effectiveness.

Except in Attack of the Clones when Jango Fett kills a chump jedi by shooting at him and Darth Maul, double-bladed saber or not, wouldn't be able to deflect a barrage of laser bullets when the doors opened because he didn't even have it drawn then (he had to show off).

what if someone used buckshot?

laser buckshot?

a beam splitter whatever

Except, SPOILER: being Darth Treyus and effectively lying to you throughout the game

It exists in Jedi Knight games, don't remember the name, basically a plasma shotgun or some shit.

Realistically they should have both blasters and sabers for versatility.
My take is that Jedi's sin was pride, they wore so full of themselves they thought that blasters are for plebs, and lightsabers alone make them elite enough.
They got what they deserved tbh.

Gray as in passiveness is bad. Doing nothing is bad.
Taking stand and doing whatever the fuck you deem appropriate is what she tried to teach you. Or so I think, game wasn't very coherent tbh.

My skin crawls with this ammount of cancer put together

The OP isn't even about Bioware's game you damn fool, here's your (you), free of charge.

A lightsaber is more than a weapon, it was a symbol and statement. A symbol of control, precision, not a weapon of mass killing like a blaster. Jedi were peacekeepers, diplomats, not professional soldiers.

Because said chump isn't that proeficient with it, Jango was supposed to be above the mark.

Wot? You mean at the palace when the soldiers and Padme invaded? Qui-Gon told them to back off. And besides a Sith Lord could easily dispatch that small group, blasters of not. Faster speed, precognition, telekinesis more than enough to dispatch a security team.

Jedi had problems with those. Repeating weapons, scattershot weapons and "slugthrowers" (normal firearms with a stupid name because SPEEHS). At least in the old EU that is.

top cuck

i mean really any decent general would have had them clear out the jedi temple with flamethrowers.

What the fuck are you on about?

Kreia did literally nothing. Get fucked, sith hag

yeah, yeah, I've heard that before but they were foolish to let that preclude them from employing pistols and rifles as well. I'm surprised they don't hold as much religious importance as the swords… In fact, I don't see why nobody ever used saber crystals as a component for an anti-materiel rifle before. Imagine it: Saber blades being shot out of these rifle from the surface of a planet at a cruiser outside of the atmosphere. they'd pierce through the ship and turn it into Swiss cheese. And make heavy blaster turrets obsolete.

That's a load of crap. He wouldn't be on the battlefield if he really wasn't.

A security team AND two Jedi would make Maul dramatically tumble to the ground. The guys with guns would fire a barrage and Darth Maul would need some kind of miracle to deflect every single bolt from every conceivable direction and, in that case, The other Jedi would be there to play table tennis with the flamboyant fiend's bullets.

she was an edgy contrarian cunt created by some goy because he hated star wars.

that makes a lot of sense, proof?

go look for some avellonne interviews regarding star wars

Your posts are legitimately confusing.
Good shitposting.

It really is telling that 1 year ago a thread about KotOR2 contained nuanced discussion of Kreia and her Grey Jedi philosophy, along with other aspects of the game. Now we get this thread.

The grey jedi are alright in lore, but you get fucked in gameplay

There's been a steady decline in post quality since February 2015. Yeah, morality systems in most games are pretty pointless but it's not like Kotor 2 was hard enough for the max alignment bonuses to matter that much

It's why reputation systems are generally better for video games, you don't have to come up with an objective moral system that's also consistent and it still means that your actions have consequences.

this is funnily enough objectively true

Get fucked

Avellone has always and openly said that he doesn't like anything about Star Wars.

So what's the difference between dark jedi and sith?

Sith are supposedly followers of a specific dark side philosophy, dark jedi are just users of the dark side of the force.

Motivation and goals.

Wow she's cute

(checked)

Are there any actual Dark Jedi appearing in games? Or they're books/comics exclusive?

There is pussy slip webm of her floating around, I don't think I have it.

would be cooler if those were black eyes

I wonder what she looks like without all that giant makeup on her

Like a man.
Can I have my Dark Jedi question answered?
The concept of free roaming force user unchained by dogmas appeals to my edgy self, but movies and games that I played only gave me Jedi and Sith, who are barely any different.

Did you even listen to what she said in the ending about using the Force even though she despises it? Ends justify the means. She doesn't care about being called a hypocrite by the people she's up against.

Reborn from Jedi Outcast could be considered Dark Jedi. There are also the numerous enemy NPCs in the KOTOR series that are labelled Dark Jedi.

Dark Jedi in the games always seem to lean towards Sith philosophy, but it's theoretically possible to be considered one and still do "good" deeds.

I think this is relevant to the discussion

My Kotor 1 and 2 review.

Major Spoilers
even with restored content mod, I felt as if the whole entire experience and story of Kotor 2 was watered down, diluted, boring, and inconsitent with itself.

The plot fell flat and didn't seem to really have a huge huge point to it, except for implying that you are revan with memory loss all over again, and going off to find yourself again the ending felt empty and all the boss fights felt painfully anticlimactic and pointless.

the dialog was good in some places but really stupid in almost every other. your chat options were interesting but felt very biased and limited in such a way that when you wanted to reply with black and white morality considering your morals fit the choices, you were forced to choose from options that were all in the gray area and were left choosing something you didn't want to say.

when you wanted to pick a moral choice that was more of a gray area and say what you really meant you were then forced to pick from moral black and white areas that didn't apply to what you wanted to say and often lead to your character unavoidably saying something you were not okay with and these issues would break the immersion of the game severely, because now your character was doing shit that wasn't what you chose for them to do.

the ending was severely guilty of this and broke the immersion for me when my character was constantly forced into betraying everything I had built them up to be by saying very stupid things that were basically the only dialog options. also, almost all the characters in the game just lied to your main character constantly, everything they said was always total bullshit designed to manipulate your main character and get them to believe things and concepts that were absolutely and totally fake so that your character would be afraid, which in some ways made you feel bad for the main character and constantly feel paranoid. this was very cool in some ways, but I also wanted to have allies that I could unconditionally trust. that game deprives you of this, I might say- for good reason…

the game also tried too hard to be edgy and did unbelievably awesome with that in one or two scenes, but awful terrible everywhere else.

It had alot of great features and character and weapon customization and characters and dialog that should have just been a part of Kotor one as a severely longer and more highly detailed game that continued on long after the defeat of the antagonists, possibly with some kind of open world system galaxy travel system and endless planets to explore in depth like in mass effect one (almost did this good, but needs work) the customization still felt incredibly limiting. would have been nice to make my own ship and change it however I wanted, maybe upgrade it if I felt it needed changes and make it look different. maybe be able to fly the ship and fight with it.

I like how it showed that the force has more grey in it than once thought. there's consequences for your actions, be them benevolent or otherwise. kotor 2 was a really neat deconstruction of morality, and what it means to be a 'good' person or a 'bad' person. my point is that it failed to do this, it tried but failed- but it still did a really interesting thing with it but it definitely needed work, and then seriously be improved to good quality.

Kotor 2
spoilers
>wake up after ???? happens and meet kreia
>protects you and gets her hand cut off
>teaches you some cool stuff while also constantly trying to brainwash you
>lies everywhere, everyone lying to you, shes lying to you too, and she is also lying to everyone
>also everyone is trying to make up complete lies so you worry about everything, everything is 100% bullshit
>saves you a few
>then she is like Uh Oh now I have to be the badguy for no reason and fight you but you gotta kill me so that I dont kill you because then you… uhhhh ???? something???
>kreia dies
>you get on the ship and fly away to nowhere for no reason
>THE END

I feel that Kotor 1 was a far superior and much more exciting and enjoyable game with a better plot and story (still kinda crappy though)

I really liked mass effect 1 and Kotor 1, but I didn't like any of the sequels and I don't respect them as real sequels.

Nobody but Kreia lies to you, and even then with enough influence and/or wisdom you can get her to tell the truth about her past.

The only thing all characters do to some degree is refuse to talk about certain things until you have enough influence.

Thats not what it tried to do at all.
Most of Kotor 2 is simply taking the premise of the prequels that the force is everywhere and controls people's actions (to some degree) and makes those who wield it more powerful while those without it are still fucked by it and doomed to be less powerful.

Kreia flat out says those things, especially that this is a black and white world without grey shades.

I don't think you understood this game at all.

go back to cuckchan frenchie

apathy is death

Favorite character of all time.

I wish more sith used blasters then. Instead of pride and vanity the sith had powerlust. There's nothing holding THEM back from using whatever is the most efficient weapon available.

I'll have to disagree with a lot of this here.

I genuinely hated KOTOR 1 and see it (among Mass Effect 2 and TLoU) as one of the most overrated games of all time. It had a couple neat moments like the plot twist, trial on Manaan, and HK-47 but absolutely everything else in it was insultingly predictable and generic (especially the main plot and antagonist). The antagonist is about as cookie cutter as it gets and the plot isn't even good enough to be generic, it's worse. Evil antagonist man wants to rule the galaxy because evil and seeks out an ancient technology hidden behind 4 conveniently placed maps on different planets conveniently close to civilization that are all very easy to solve and lead to a gigantic superweapon factory made by a lost race of ancient aliens. That shit is worse than any of the Transformers movies and it doesn't even have the good virtue of being silly and endearing in its shit writing. On top of that, only a couple of the characters were actually remotely interesting: HK and the old black guy (Jolee?). Everyone else is a predictable cookie cutter stereotype.

On top of that, it doesn't have good combat (KOTOR 2's is slightly better but still not good), poor RPG mechanics, and nothing else of real value. The only reason people think that it's a good game is because of the fact that it was the first big RPG to have full voice acting, lots of cutscenes, and other "muh cinematic movieee" shit that has destroyed the genre.

KOTOR 2's plot was poorly paced but it brought up interesting themes and contains the most well written character in vidya, Kriea. She challenged the generic good/evil dichotomy of the franchise without going the traditional route of "good does what looks right but not right overall versus evil that does what looks bad but is good overall". It mostly boiled down to that ones obsession with one over the other blinds them, though as someone who did play it I'm sure you know it was quite a bit more complicated than that.

The 3 antagonists were also quite a bit more interesting than Malak, I don't really need to elaborate on Traya but I really liked Nihilus too despite him not being a big focus. His visual design is actually top tier and would fit right into the movies in terms of quality and creativity, which is something the rest of each game generally fail to do. I like that his deal is that he feeds off of everyone around him and by the time you get to him he's starving and ravenous, going through his cold and lonely ship to find him at the end as a weak pushover was probably my favorite section of the game because of how the gameplay and environment told a lot about his character.

Anyways the game was clearly far from perfect but at least it tried to do something that is more than just derivative fanfiction, and in some ways it certainly succeeded.

stop samefagging and bumping this shit thread, go back to cuckchan and spam their Holla Forums with your head-canon

counter sage

GUUUURL THAT HAIRSTYLE IS ALL KINDS OF WRONG
*SNOPS FINGERS*

I dont think you understood this game at all

Fuck you. Dual blaster max INT skill monkey upgrade crafter is perfectly viable.

Unless you're playing the first one in which case you're a faggot just play 2.

Holla Forums did loads of things wrong but their intentions were good.

this is the biggest fucking lie of them all because you can't take away someones force powers. I hate movies like Xmen because they always have to make powers able to be lost for some pathetic reason.

if starwars were real, you could not "lose" your force powers. the jedi masters only want to mess with the exile and use mind trickery to make her get depressed so that she just feels so shitty that she believes that she isn't connected to the force and doesn't try to use it.

there is no such thing as somone being able to take away the force, 200% bullshit, and that's a good reason why kotor2 is a load

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions

also

kreia didn't rip the force out of the jedi masters and kill them, you can clearly see that she used life drain on them, (purple force lightning that regenerates your health concurrently) as this is one of the abilities in the game.

She did one thing wrong.
She lost.

and the road to heaven is paved with bad intentions right? get the fuck out satan worshipper. I will have good intentions and there is nothing you can do to stop me.

Did you even play the game?

If Hell doesn't have fags from Leddit, I wanna be there.

Force powers users are fun to play too. If your regeneration is too low, play pazaak with Atton and you will be instantly restored to max.

Sith are an ancient order of Dark Jedi that blanda upp with the original Sith while incorporating their culture into the philosophy of the Sith.

Dark Jedi are just edgy Jedi but don't necessarily belong to the Sith order.

I remember the later jedi knight games having some kind of flak cannon which could be deflected with force push if you were quick enough.

And malnourished.

did you

uh huh…

Kreia's opinion on light vs. dark can be summed up pretty well by the beggar encounter in the beginning of Nar Shaddaa. She shows you that the concepts of light and dark, as they have been defined in Jedi and Sith dogma (and in all other Star Wars media), are utter nonsense because the results of your actions have echoes that can affect events on a much grander scale.

If you are playing "light side", your first instinct would be to aid the beggar. Kreia shows you that by doing this, you deprive him of the ability to strengthen himself by meeting and overcoming adversity. In the short-term, you also make him the target of other beggars who want what he has. He ends up getting jumped by another beggar later on, and killed. Therefore, by selecting the "light side" option, you have effectively sentenced him to death.

On the other hand, if you go "dark side" and refuse to give him the credits, he becomes enraged and assaults another beggar in a back alley. The first beggar is now still without money, and has committed a murder. By choosing this option, you are dooming the other beggar instead.

So, which one of these options is good? Which is evil? What Kreia is trying to teach you is that these are just meaningless labels, and every action you take - regardless of whether or not it is kind-hearted - can potentially lead to outcomes we would define as "evil." She argues that instead of defining our actions based on morality, we should be defining them based on practical results. Revan himself is an example of this lesson: he became a Sith Lord and waged war on the Republic not because he was possessed by the dark side, but because the struggle actually strengthened the Republic in preparation for the threat from the Unknown Regions. He used "evil" methods in pursuit of a positive goal.

That's bullshit. KotOR 2 had fantastic options for really every weapon you could possibly want to use. Even on the hardest difficulty it was totally completable with anything from vibroswords to sabers to blaster pistols and rifles.

The most fun I ever had in KotOR 2 was playing dual blasters built around stuns and the sneak attack skill that grants bonus damage against incapacitated enemies.

also dump all your attribute points into Dex if you're playing with guns, learning this was literally what changed blasters in that game from being movie-tier garbage to room clearing rape whirlwinds.

I remember causing a lot of salt with it in multiplayer.

That's how they got wiped out so fast. I'm pretty sure George's original explanation for Anakin's virgin birth was that the force was being "stretched thin" by all the light force users so it shat out Anakin to wipe them out. Luke's new Jedi order in the Jedi Knight series learned from it and focused more on keeping the force balanced. They used all kinds of weapons and both light and dark force powers.

That person was talking about KOTOR 1 unless they forgot to say the 2, and if they're talking about the first game I totally agree. They're practically begging the MC to use a lightsaber once you become a Jedi and if the ranged weapons didn't work very well on the main character (plus vibroswords were mostly universally worse than lightsabers). The sequel addressed these issues pretty well like you said.

Too bad for her that the extended universe makes it impossible. Jedi become so reliant on the force that going out of their dogma is a very, very bad thing. They essentially become their own teaching.

I need sleep please forgive me, good night you deviant homosexuals

No, that was the fan explanation/interpretation. Lucas has actually specifically rejected it.

What everyone's opinion about best Star Wars series?
Have any of you tried the open source version yet?

My opinion is that we should all get together and play the Movie Battles II multiplayer mod for Jedi Academy forever.

FOREVER

You mean Dark Forces 2 right?

>not killing the beggar, the moment you see him, for the greater good greater good

Last playthrough I did was dual wielding sith marauder one shotting fucking everyone in a single roll.

tell me what my next build should be m8s

also fuck peragus what a fucking waste of time

they fun to play

Anyone doing those threads again? Never got a chance to join the server.

Its like picking children really.
HD mod was released.
Also a reminder how these levels where freaken huge, even in multiplayer. Can't find the Snakeway recreation, but I remember it actually took whole minutes to run from end to another with max force speed.

They really are fun.

No it doesn't, you retard. Genuinely believing that something is bad but using it anyway does not make you a hypocrite. Believing something is bad but saying that you believe that it is good makes you a hypocrite. Stop using words you don't fucking understand.

idk man jk1's original graphics have a certain charm to them.

Yeah, KOTOR2 comes off as trying to be deep and thought provoking, but fails flat.

You must have been dropped from orbit as a child. Absolute shit taste.

Kreia was shit, as was Nihilus and the PC. I'm tired of super-special snowflakes with super-special powers.

The entire reasoning is rubbish.

You want to base actions on unpredictable future? The entire example is bullshit and forced.
Making him the target of other beggars? How the hell do other beggars know? How can you predict he could be attacked? Do beggars constantly kill eachother where you live?

It's not deep. It's not smart. It's PRETENTIOUS BULLSHIT.

Sometimes we see jedi (and sith) who carry conventional weapons, too (they tend to be either protagonists, or badasses, or both), but I suppose the jedi would see it as being something of a crutch. In theory, I suppose having a lightsaber (and having the patience and discipline to master it) should make carrying a blaster obsolete. should.

If you're up against foes with blasters, even at a distance, you can reflect their own shots back at them. If you need to hit something from a distance, you can throw the saber (or just use the force generally, I suppose). Not to mention all the practical uses for a lightsaber.

Well, it takes a force sensitive to assemble a working lightsaber (and presumably anything similar), so I can't see anybody but the Sith (or darker dark jedi) deliberately making such a terrifying weapon of mass collateral damage.

But I've got a feeling there was something in the construction/components of a lightsaber that ruled that out (not that I'm autistic enough to remember exactly how a lightsaber 'works'). Something to do with not being able to have an effective blade, unless it's also in a stable state (the field remaining attached to the emitter and so forth). But I don't really remember, I could just be talking out of my ass.

Regardless, thinking about this wants me to play KotOR/2 again. I suppose it has been a year or so. It's one of those games.

Well, the force, I guess. I mean, that is how she shows you the result at the time, and there are other points in the game where Kreia tries to explain this web of causality to you. You never seem to learn to access it like she supposedly does (then again, how would you represent that in this game?), but it seems like she's more interested in demonstrating it as a teaching point than teaching you an actual skill.

It is a bit of a forced encounter, but I suppose that's got something to do with the fact that Nar Shadaa seems to be the first planet you're intended to visit after finally leaving Telos (going by all the dialogue about trying to hide out there, and how a lot of what ends up happening there seems to revolve around proving that hiding or keeping a low profile won't work in the long-term, wherever you are, so you should just get on with shit).

Despite being free to visit the planets in whatever order you like, they clearly had a particular order in mind, which seems implied by some of the writing. So the beggar thing seems to be there to help set up one of the ongoing themes of the game- that morality isn't black-and-white (or is at least less black and white than the Star Wars cosmology usually sets it up to be).

But then again, that only really applies when Kreia gets involved and tries to push her philosophy on you. Although she sets her up as a mentor character for the Exile, there's nothing forcing you to pay her 'teachings' anything more than lip service (or even less than that, if you're not bothered about accumulating influence with characters you disagree with). Plenty of the other characters who join your party are explicitly distrustful of her, and think you shouldn't put faith in what she tries to teach you.

I suppose when you're that desperate, with no other hope of raising yourself up, you've got nothing better to do than watch your equals/rivals for any advancement that you can tear away from them to help yourself.

Admittedly, a lot of the character animations in this engine are quite limited. You can tell at plenty of points- not just this one- that the writers were calling for things that the assortment of animations at the developers' disposal just didn't cover that well (maybe there were plans to add more new animations than the ones that actually made it in and got added, in the rushed development time Obsidian ended up with). The cut-scene seems to imply that he runs off holding the credits, has a brief exchange with the other (angry) beggar, who hits him in the gut and takes the credits.

He's not killed, though, user got that part wrong. He clearly gets up again after being mugged.

I don't live on Nar Shadaa. It's an over-built, over-populated moon literally orbiting a planet of crime lords, that's full of refugees and other hopeless types who are unable to leave. It's not much of a stretch to the imagination; there are places in the real world where life is similarly shitty and dangerous.

Well, I really liked it, although I respect that nothing I can say will have any bearing on your opinion. I'd say that KotOR II puts much more effort and thought into its writing, seeing to it that the ideas expressed actually build on each-other in a recognisable way (and making sure that associations can be found between what is said, events that end up taking place, and the characters/antagonists you meet), and incorporates actual moral philosophy (albeit mainly garbed in quasi-mystical terms to do with the dark and light sides of the force). Also, you're never expected to accept or agree with something the writers have come up with (you might disappoint or annoy a character if you don't agree with them, but that's very different).

Whereas most of the games I can think of which I would really label 'pretentious' concentrate more on dolloping out lines that are supposed to sound profound (in a shallow, showy, rhetorical kind of way), and insisting on how important and deep you (or your character) should be finding them.

Except that you cannot judge morality based on a unpredictable outcome.
Giving charity is a good act (at least as far as humans are generally concerned), and just because it didn't turn out how you hoped, doesn't mean.

I really wished one could dump Kreia out of the airlock. I knew she was bad news immediately, but the game doesn't let me…

Youre not exactly secluded in the city. Other people saw you hand him credits and he could be jumped for that, or because he bragged about it, or someone saw him clutching it. Thats not the main point of the scene though.

The whole point of Kreias teachings was that every action you take causes a chain reaction that follows through to other people, so rather than just doing something basic, like giving credits, helping a random noble, or stopping a war, you should think about what is the best way for this to be resolved 8, 9 or 20 steps down the line. She's teaching you to think ahead and be a leader, rather than a mindless jedi or mindless sith.

Yeah, but can have bad ends. Giving an addict 20 dollars because he needs to eat is a good act, but he might just as well spend it on heroine or some other cheaper drug, potentially ending up ODing.

The whole point of the Kreia story is that if you want the actual best outcomes, you need to think ahead to when it will help most, whether its to help you, someone else, or even your enemy.

Do you give a homeless man money, or do you keep it and attack the cause of his homelessness?
I hate it in games where morality boils down to "give people your shit and rescue kitties" or "slit throats and destroy families". So many games make being both good AND evil so insultingly simple.

But where do you draw the line? How far into the future? Do you try and keep track of the near infinite different futures?

I do agree with you.

Although it occurred to me after posting that long-ass deluge of text that the beggar (similarly to most of the 'moral' choices you can make that trigger a lecture/discussion with Kreia) is probably more about giving him an easy short-term solution to his poverty (which ultimately ends up leaving him vulnerable to the desperation of others) and thinking that you've actually made a positive difference with your low-effort charitable act that doesn't really better equip him to survive once he leaves your sight (in other words, it's not about being expected to always understand the outcome of your choices ahead of time, but understanding that unless somebody's taking on the challenge of addressing the cause of a problem [or unless you're preparing him to cope with the problem himself], you can't be assured that what you're affecting is a real, positive change).

But anything that would resemble Kreia's 'ideal' response isn't even possible at that point, as there are only two outcomes to that encounter- you either give him the credits (for light-side points), or keep saying 'no' until your only options are to give him the credits (for light-side points) or scare the shit out of him so that he leaves (for dark-side points).

If you take the dark-side option, Kreia still scolds you, but her 'lesson' changes to one about manipulation, and (if I remember correctly) taking others' burdens onto yourself, to make yourself stronger through adversity (which is the lesson she tries to teach all throughout the game, although it's not explicitly stated on the light-side option for this encounter, which is why it can seem to be simply 'anti-charity' if examined in isolation). Either way, she'll only be pleased if you agree that it's important to be thoughtful about the options at your disposal.

So yes, it's definitely an awkward and annoying encounter that doesn't really give any satisfying outcome, but it's not meant to be a self-contained demonstration of the 'right' way to do things, in either case.

It's funny how polarising her character seems to be. I don't think I've talked to somebody who's played this game whose attitude towards Kreia is one of apathy. Most tend to either think that she's a poisonous hag who should never have been allowed on your ship, or that her dialogue and role in the game are one of the best parts of it.

If you're looking for a good reason for why you're not allowed to chuck her out of an airlock (as I think Atton himself suggests at one point?), how about the conversation where Kreia admits that she's extremely proficient at manipulating minds, even those of other force-users. You can ask her if she ever does it to you, and she'll promise you that she doesn't… But that if she did, there would be no way for you to know that she's lying.

And if there's one thing we know that Kreia does over and over during the course of the game, it's lie to you.

Like chess, you should always be trying to think 10 steps ahead of everything you do. Its how you keep things in your favor, and make real change.

Same. The problem is never fixed, you just alleviated it for a very short time for one person. And thats if hes lucky for it to be fixed for a short time, theres a lot of options for things to end badly unless the actual problems fixed.

And as a footnote, I'm fond of the fact that Kreia's lessons about growth through adversity and sculpting characters for your own purposes are direct allusions to the mechanics of experience and influence, respectively (and I suppose you could suggest that her distaste for limiting yourself to 'dark' and 'light' principles, as well as her pride in Revan, are nods to the limitations of alignment systems in games, including this one, although that depends more on how much credit you want to give the writers).

I know KotOR II isn't the only game to do this sort of thing, and there are probably other games that do it better, but I do like it when games are set up so that their writing and mechanics are in dialogue with each-other. Just one of my personal guilty pleasures.

yes

yes, it works perfectly with Jedi Academy. Apparently they've temporarily dropped official support for Outcast, but I think it still works. The original versions already work fine in WINE, so stick with that for mods.

ew

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

She wasn't wrong, she just lost.

Apparently Gray Jedi means fucking off, become a hermit and going emo for a few years. Kyle got over it in 2, and he was proactive during that time. Still was working for the government, had a stable relationship, clean cut beard. He truly master the balance of the force.

Take off.

She did, there just wasn't a unique animation for it. The implication was that the masters were so utterly reliant on the force for everything they do that the shock of having it stripped away, even for a moment, killed them.

I wish they'd made another one of these. The lightsaber combat was the best of all the SW games.

OPEN SOURCE VERSION?

is it good for linux? totally free? totally FOSS?

user!!!!!!!

this

You know now that I think about this game I kinda want to do a playthrough with as much negative influence as possible.
like just being a massive dick to everybody in my party all day every day.
I remember the game saying at the beginning that there are benefits to both positive and negative influence, and I already got max influence for every NPC bao-dur was a pain in the ass
Does anybody know what the benefits for negative influence is?

ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU THINK ABOUT THE BULLSHIT YOU DO IS PRETENTIOUS WAAAAAAAAAAA I JUST WANNA LIVE WITH MY BLACK AND WHITE GOOD VS EVIL SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON BULLSHIT TO MUCH THINK HURT FEEBLE BRAIN

Have you ever had someone come up to you and ask for money?

Do you think it'd be a 'good' act to just give it to them? There's a high possibility they'd spend it on drugs or that it'll get stolen from them. That's real life.

Jedi profess controlling their impulses, desires and emotions to suppress them, similar to that of a stoic sage.
Sith profess controlling their impulses, desires and emotions to sperg out and get power from them when necessary, like a drill sergeant psyches boots up before bayonet practice.

Light Side of the force is about having the power to let shit come to pass "naturally". If relied upon too extensively, it corrupts its users into introspective, passive, limpwristed faggots. See the Jedi Council in KOTOR1, where you have the strongest bigboys in the galaxy sit back and circlejerk while the galaxy goes to shit.

Dark Side is about forcing things to come about against the natural order. Extensive use corrupts into retardation, impulsiveness, and Stirner-on-meth tier egotism.

A prime example of your classic Light jedi would be Old Ben Kenobi.
A prime example of a Dark jedi would be resident big guy Darth Bane, ironically the only guy with enough self-control to reign in the shitshow the Sith became at his time.
A prime example of a Light sith would be somebody like Kyle Katarn, a powerful and decidedly independent loose cannon with no ambition to change history on his own accord.
A Dark Sith would be best exemplified by Darth Sion from KOTOR2. Out on his own accord, doesn't afraid of anything, and literally holds his body together with sheer butthurt from being betrayed.

Forced examples that make little sense don't make me "think" anything else other than that the writer is shit.
It's not grey, it's shit - just like the insides of your brain.

Depends. Does the person looks like he really needs money? Does he look hungry? Do you have food on you?
Again, you cannot make decisions based on things you don't know on can't predict.

Good intention and a good action does not guarantee a "good" outcome. How hard it is to grasp such a simple concept?

Everything can. Do you have point?

If she can manipulate your mind to change your decisions, then why doesn't she mold you into the person she wants that way?

Makes no sense.

This thread is equally hilarious as it is pathetic considering the only argument brought up against her is "M-MUH SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE WHO I DON'T UNDERSTAND" while in the same sentence sucking Revans dick. The same Revan who is the biggest Mary Sue that constantly rivals Anakin for his title.

You still need the "assets" the models and map and shit. The base engine is completely free though.

You can download the demo and take the .pk3 files, and it will run.

There are enough mods out there that you technically have a fully functional game.

but that would require some effort. Really, you just need a file to match the names. The game is always on sale for dirt cheap constantly. If you actually buy games still. :^)

Oh, please.
You think that the PC is KOTOR2 isn't a Mary Sue?
With a oh-so-special power. Being a "wound in the force" and some bullshit?
And "I-can-kill-3-masters-and-suck-force-becasue-reasons" Kreia?
The "I'm-a-manipulative-bitch-and-shady-but-you-can't-get-rid-of-me".
At least old games gave me the option to kick or kill anyone out of the party.

Why I don't get it people sucking the dick of the writer. He always writes the same shit.

Reminder that Bioware is a shit company with shit writers. Reminder that KotOR1 is badly-written juvenile bullshit. Reminder that they were given free reign to make whatever story they wanted 5000 years in the past, and they chose to rip most of their ideas from the movies anyway. Reminder that the Revan plot twist is one of the laziest and easily predicted twists in the history of gaming and is flat out spoiled for you in the opening cutscene if you aren't a drooling retard. Reminder that morality in KotOR1 is locked between either being nu-male goody-two-shoes turn the other cheek boy scout or puppy-kicking evil retard. Reminder that nobody is "grey" in that game, and Jolee Bindo is flat out lightside. No, being "snarky" and living as a hermit doesn't make you neutral, the nigger throws a bitchfit every time you do anything evil and will outright fight you to the death if you go for the Sith ending.
Bastila and Carth are required and cannot be killed or otherwise permanently dropped from the party until the very end of the game. The same applies to Mission, Canderous, and Zaalbar unless you abuse one of the literal hundreds of sequence breaks to skip the undercity. If I remember correctly, Jolee is also required to finish Kashyyk, unless you again abuse sequence breaks. The rest can only be kept out of the party by completely ignoring them or like always, abusing other sequence breaks.

Nigga specifically cut himself away from the Force during his trial as a mixture of repentance / bitchfit towards the Council once he was summoned back after the war. It's literally nothing special and has happened before in the EU, it was a way to separate himself from Mandalore to not go insane due to the echoes left by the battle.

She literally Force Lightings them and that's it, there's nothing that special about Kreia's fight against the three masters. You're also implying being a Master means fuck all when it's known even the greatest Jedi - such as Mace Windu - can get fucked over by something as simple as blaster fire or a 90 year old man in a dark robe shooting lighting bolts at them. Force Lighting is one of the abilities that basically has no fucking counter in the lore outside of outside interference or the stupidity of the users ; also commonly known as plot armor.

Very few did m8, and most of them were games such as Icewind Dale, don't fucking lie to yourself. Some of the most glaring examples of this are Mort, Bastila, and Carth like the other user mentioned.

If you examine the bodies of the Jedi Masters after Kreia leaves, it does say that they've been cut off from the force, a 'fate worse than death' (or something to that effect).

And Force Lightning does have a counter in the Force Absorb(?) power, which turns up in plenty of Star Wars games, and is used by Yoda to counter Dooku's lightning in Clones.

Hi Faggotfist!

Does anyone have a recommended image for Star Wars games? I've played KOTOR 1 & 2, Dark Forces, Battlefront 1 & 2, Shadows of the Empire, and I'm currently playing through Republic Commando. I've also downloaded the rest of the Dark Forces games.

Then why is she dead?

Because the route where she ventures with the Exile to the Outer Rim was cut from the final game.

Man, Star Wars' Tyranids were fucking lame.

Tarkin ruined a thousand years of sith planning just because he didn't like Leia

They also could have been successful if they had 10x the number of star destroyers defending the death star then they originally had

Dark Jedi are mainly evil assholes who do things for fun and power

Sith are religious assholes who do things mainly to spread their religion and for poer

Or if they just put some sort of anti-potato force field on their space tailpipe.

I don't know of any images listing recommended Star Wars games, but I definitely recommend Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast.

And Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, though I know there are some here who would disagree.

And Star Wars: Battlegrounds is pretty fun, if a Star Wars re-skin of Age of Empires sounds like the kind of thing that would interest you. The 'core' game is the original trilogy and Phantom Menace. They released an expansion (which comes with the 'Saga' edition of the game, if you can find a torrent) that adds content corresponding to Attack of the Clones, but went no further than that, so I guess it didn't do well enough on the whole for them to continue. The engine would have been pretty out of date by that point, anyway.

If I remember correctly, her plan was always to set herself up as the Exile's final test. If the Exile overcomes her, then her beliefs are vindicated, and she was successful after all. If the Exile fails to defeat her, she goes on to destroy the force, then she was successful after all.

It's a win-win, at least in her mind.

Surely Alderaan was a much better demonstration than any of the examples you listed. Tatooine is an outer rim dump that characters only end up on because of plot reasons. Yavin 4 and Hoth are largely irrelevant aside from the rebel bases that were set up there precisely because they're largely irrelevant (and I guess the various ruins on Yavin 4 could be of interest to certain types, mainly the Sith themselves). Meanwhile, Alderaan is an actual hub of civilisation.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I don't see why the destruction of Alderaan led to the downfall of the Empire. The Rebel Alliance were already active, and already knew (or were at least grinding through Bothans in order to know) about the Death Star and its weakness.

Wait, no, I phrased that pretty badly. The big battles of the films are represented, but the majority of the game's missions take place before, during, and otherwise around the events of the films.

The destruction of Alderaan was what turned the Rebellion into an open civil war with the Empire declaring no mercy to it's enemies. Alderaan was a MASSIVE hub of culture in the core worlds, and the destruction of it meant that all the worlds or entities supporting the rebellion basically had their hand forced and could openly support the rebels knowing that their shared enemy will most likely find out and kill them all anyway. Sun Tzu's 'Desperate ground' situation where the only way to protect the rebellious forces was to fight and win or get blown up.

If the empire blew up an non-important, but visible entity, then the rebellion would crumble as the once rebel-supporting factions would run to the empire in order to save themselves.

Basically think of Alderaan as the equivalent of Paris. It was one of the three main planets within the entire Galaxy - along with Corruscant and Corellia - that basically gave birth to the Galaxy as it is now. Without either of those three there would be no Empire, no Republic, no Rebellion, etc etc. Corellia especially as it's the main trade hub for the entire Galaxy as the most important travel lanes pass through it.

Tarkin used Alderaan to not only demonstrate to Leia and others the power of the Death Star, but also for himself; his end goal was to hold Coruscant hostage with the Emperor on the planet, because he thought the Emperor couldn't fuck with him in space. He also knew Vader would help him if he could get away with it.

That would make sense.

Although I had a quick look on Wookiepedia (I know, I know), and although there were apparently riots on Coruscant after the news got out that the Empire was responsible (and the Empire themselves confirmed it), it says that they successfully quashed the riots, and relocated the protesters. It doesn't seem to mention anything about systems openly supporting the rebellion after the event.

But I honestly don't care enough to argue the point. To be honest, it just hadn't occurred to me that the destruction of Alderaan might have been a boon to the Rebellion's cause, rather than simply invoking yet more fear in Empire-controlled systems.

One more thing, since I'm such a fucking airhead: It's not 'Star Wars: Battlegrounds', but 'Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds'. I haven't played it for quite a few years, so I got the name wrong.

Honestly, the destruction of Alderaan is what makes a good part of the EU fucking worthless. Exactly how was Palpatine planning on fighting the Space locust horde if his approval rating drops down from "Feared" to "Distrusted and hated"

You can probably blame that on popular opinion regarding gun ownership and the government in America. That and the fact planets under the Empire were ruled by Moffs and Grand Moffs while planetary leaders were more of a formal thing than anything substantial. The Alderaan Royal Family - for example - had to give constant reports to their designated Moff if I remember right. So even if the Planetary Leaders were sympathetic to the Rebellion they had to somehow siphon a shitload of funds, move a shitload of material, and order a shitload of companies to create equipment and ships to supply the Rebellion with. All while hiding all of this from the Moffs - who were either loyal to Tarkin or to Palpatine - as well as every associate they have that might harbor the lightest chance of betraying them to the Empire to swipe their cozy position.

I thought we all agreed not to talk about them anymore after Disney took over.

Are you a retard?

I don't see how it would make it worthless; when people saw what the Yuuzhan Vong do, they immediately allowed the New Republic to infringe on most rights, and essentially set up a new Empire in the long run.

Palpatine wasn't worried about being distrusted and hated, as many already felt that, but were too fearful to do anything about it. Besides, he was looked at as a benevolent but strict ruler by the masses who weren't red-pilled; most just hated the Moffs and Governors. The battle and struggle was very local.

Unless you were mid to outer rim you generally were taught that the Jedi betrayed everyone, etc.

Most galactic citizens don't know shit about the Force, their "laserswords" or the Sith vs Jedi. They just know that when shit hits the fan one of them is in power, the other isn't, and it's best to do whatever it takes to survive.

The Vong was a great arc in this sense, aside from Chewie's retarded death.

Yeah, that was great.

Have to admit though, despite the fond place Jedi Academy holds in my heart (adjacent to, and perhaps just a smidge lower than, Jedi Outcast), even when I was playing it as a kid, I was somewhat annoyed by the obvious contradiction you come across if the majority of the force powers you buy into end up being the 'dark side' ones.

Like you said, Luke's new Jedi Order doesn't scorn dark powers on principle the same way the Republic's Jedi Council did. When you're going through training in that game, Katarn even specifically says that force abilities aren't specifically good or evil, but that "it's how you use them".

Yet, each time you advance to the next tier of missions and get a brief sort of spiritual update from Luke or Katarn, if you happen to have a majority of dark side powers, you'll get an alarmed message from Luke about being at risk of falling to the dark side. I remember that yanked me out of the game just a bit.

At least it doesn't have any actual bearing on whether you fall to the dark side or not, so you're free to prove him completely wrong. No; instead your fall is dictated on whether or not you want to kill that incessantly annoying, vain and traitorous dipshit Rosh.

Well, never mind. Here's the first part of the Jedi Knight Re-Edited series, just in case anybody here hasn't already seen these. They've got the entire of Outcast and Academy, and then a bunch of spin-off ones that have little-to-nothing to do with the plots of the games.

I can't remember exactly how the scenes went in the games but he is not wrong, technically speaking. The powers themselves aren't outright bad or good - just as Kyle said - but increased exposure to Dark Side powers canonically drags someone closer towards the dark side. It's mostly about temptation and whatnot but the more one uses them, especially when compared to powers generally aligned to the Light, the more their personality is shaped by it. So while the powers themselves aren't technically speaking good or evil, continuous exposure to one side will lead its user closer towards that path psychologically.

The entire thing is based around a silly technicality basically, if I don't remember my shit wrong.

This is horseshit. The old sith were just as equally moral as the old jedi order, if anything the old jedi order was insane despots compared to the sith

Muh dark/light force is a lie. It's a lie. It's a lie. it's a lie. Force is force. intent is key.

see: the concept of resurrection

If there was "branches" of completely independent forces, like some sort of a class system in an RPG, then resurrection would not be a thing. but it is. The issue is both sith and jedi do not fuck around with resurrection. They specifcially say do not tread there.

It's because once you get to the ambiguous powers, the jedi do not know how to resolve the fact that maybe their mitoclorian count is the only thing that makes them a jedi, and wordplay like "don't give in to hate" is just that, wordplay. Force doesn't make you do shit, you do shit because you have the force.

Alright Revan, calm your titties. Blame Lucas and most EU writers for that thing being canon. Also, what this user said.

ALSO

This is why BOTH jedi AND sith have incredibly tasking education and, to put it short, brainwashing. Because a questioning jedi will be outcase by jedi or sith once they realize that everything is gray and force users should be balanced

Nobody's forcepowers ever got taken away by force in Kotor 2 you fucking moron

Yeah, I guess- but the more important behavioural aspects that would determine whether you fell are completely the same up until the point where you're already a Jedi Knight and you encounter Rosh again.

And by 'more important behavioural aspects', I'm referring to how Jaden plays the part of a selfless hero in every mission up to that point, regardless of whether he's using dark powers or not (and regardless of whether you, as a player, want him to be acting like a white knight or not).

On that note, dark side Jaden is a fucking let-down, and he sounds ridiculous whenever he opens his mouth.

I think the issue with Jaden being the selfless hero is that there isn't a proper way to portray any possible corruption in Academy - or every other game for that matter really. Academy gets a pass simply due to the mechanics and the way its built but the KOTOR series is a fucking sham in not making it so your alignment and conversation options are not influenced partially - if not entirely - by the type of powers you use.

you didn't fucking play the game at all

this

He's not wrong, if he's arguing semantics (in which case, he should be more clear about it).

Nobody's force powers are ever taken away from them. Jaden disconnects himself from the force itself (or deafens himself to it, or whatever you want to call it), and Kreia certainly cuts the Jedi Masters off from the Force (which either kills them, or puts them in some kind of weird death-coma so they're basically dead, only worse somehow. Or maybe it means they never get to become one with the force, in which case I could see why that would be a 'fate worse than death').

I know its a bit late but better than never I suppose

I guess you didn't read my comment.

to explain it again, the entire KOTOR 2 game is a huge load of complete bullshit and made up lies.

kreia uses life drain (looks like purple force lightning instead of blue and regens your health while killing the enemy)

not some "force cut off" weapon.

it's all 100% bullshit and lies

In theory you can suppress mitoclorians with certain shit, but I'm not that autistically well-read into the hard lore

midichlorians are also bullshit, they are not the thing that makes the force, they can sometimes simply be indicators of the presence of the force, and they don't even always show up then anyway

Is that your only point of argument?

I'm not surprised at all that they didn't add a unique effect just for that one cut-scene. The game was rushed to release as it is.

Besides that, 'wounds' in the force aren't unique to KotOR. It's supposed to have been unheard of for such a wound to be surround one person, like with the Exile and (before he was consumed and basically became a wound) Nihilus; so you'd be right in saying that that aspect from KotOR was a new development.

Getting hung up on that is a bit silly though (and describing a game as "complete bullshit and made up lies" because it expands on a setting's canon by presenting new possibilities without actually contradicting anything to come before smacks a bit of autism, I'm afraid).

There is a lot of much, much stupider stuff that's been ascribed to the behaviour Force in the expanded universe than that. Somebody being/becoming force sensitive, then losing their connection to the force after some catastrophe (or shutting it out, or whatever the hell you want to call it), and gradually finding it again, is pretty inoffensive (especially given the amount of thought that was put into it, and the enormous atmosphere of doubt, uncertainty and unease that surrounds that particular mystery all through the game).

Midichlorians aren't mentioned at all in either of the KotOR games, I think. Thank goodness for small mercies.

I don't believe in shit like "losing your connection"

it's like that scene from xmen where they make a needle gun that takes everyones mutant powers away, it's such stupid bullshit.

holy shit, she looks like a chick I know.

twitter.com/Ariel_Haha

webm not related

No, you didn't or you're simply too stupid to understand it at all and keep posting this shit without even arguing because you have no argument.

The protag in Kotor2 doesn't get cut off from the force by the masters, its revealed that the entire Korriban thing was such a massive event that he cut himself from it afterwards.

He doesn't even regain it, all the exile learns is how to siphon force powers from his followers and use their force by proxy.

Kreia just flat out life-drains the masters when they spout bs, however.

Please do not ever post again

who is this woman?

I haven't watched X-Men, so the analogy you're repeating is wasted on me.

Anyway, I'm not sure what else to say, man. I guess I'm sorry that your firmly-held headcanon about how the Force must work (or how it must not-not work) upset your suspension of disbelief so much that you were unable to enjoy the game at all.

Entire Malachor V thing, I assume you mean.

Literally a goddess

Oh, yes.
I get my planets confused at times

That's not difficult. There's a lot of planets in Star Wars. Like, at least twelve. Maybe more.

Anyway, conversation's definitely winding down; so what was the best background music in the series, and why was it the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave song?

you are a total fucking shill and you have no understanding of the game at all

hey, you are a nice person. thanks.

Damn are those Jedi Masters in Kotor 2 retarded.

Zez and Kavar are the worst though.

Kavar is not better

Vrook is an asshole but at least doesn't try to pack his shit in a soap package.

those jedi masters were so turbo retarded, I was severely pissed off.

it's funny how much they remind me of the council from mass effect

Manaan theme and Dantooine outback are my favorites.

Lightning was one at first, but gimmicky. Basically you burst double handed, or get someone off guard. Other then that, you can see it coming a mile away. It was decent in FFA, to bad no one fucking played FFA. Drain is basically there for cheesy or trolling. You do it in a fight against players when you where already winning. Great if you are leading, but shit if you where losing since its telegraphing you are low on health. It was fun in single player though, but not nearly as efficient as Heal, and it left you wide open if you did the kickass looking soul draining animation.

Dark Rage was funny to mix force speed with, but I don't think I ever saw many people using it in multiplayer.

Grip though, grip was hands down the best power though. To bad everyone abused grip kicking. If this game was made even one or two years later, we could have been flinging air vents at each other, Dark Vader style like you could in Dark Forces 2.

Bravo Raven I never even thought of it like that.

Lightning was a strange one. If memory serves, there was actually a significant advantage to keeping it at two instead of going all the way up to three; lightning-sniping. Don't remember if it was limitless range, or just very, very long.

Whereas the third point in lightning gave you a wider, fanned-out lightning blast with more limited range. Obviously very useful for crowd control, but still more of a trade-off than a flat-out upgrade, like most of the powers.

Third-level grip, though. My goodness, those were the times. If you practiced a quick grip-and-flick, you could throw people obscene distances, or toss them off ledges before they even had time to react. Plus, a lot of the players I fought against ended up spamming force push as a counter-measure, and emptying their force bars in fifteen to twenty seconds or so.

And then there were those melee grappling moves only in multiplayer that were almost impossible to defend against. Not even that effective- just griefy and humiliating. Good, good times.

And holy shit, some of those maps people made for multiplayer. Shit was insane.

Actually, thinking about it, the melee stuff may have been part of a larger multiplayer mod. I also remember having a lot of fun with a grappling hook, which I doubt was a core-game feature. Never mind.

I listened to the Manaan Ahto City music for the first time in about 10 years yesterday and I almost came in my pants

Grip kicking and pull kicking was fun, but it completely ruined free for alls. No one would even try to do anything else, and after a while FFA servers just vanished. That and the fucking grappling hook. They actually took out grip/pull kick in JA, but every server had it modded back in. What really sucked about it was that it had its legitimate uses.

but damn, even in a duel, without force powers, not counting force jump. If flip kick damage was on, and you did it. Duel ended up becoming a flip kick match.

The sheer amount of fuckery that happend in custom maps though. I don't think I will ever see another game with a multiplayer community like that.

Melee grabs was in the game's code, but disabled unless you put certain server commands on.

Didn't Yoda basically stop the attack just with his hands?

In the original trilogy we weren't shown anything that could stop Force Lightning, but then again it was only shown to us once, and it was used against a pretend-Jedi-Knight who lacked proper training and was mostly "winging it".

In the prequels, yes, Yoda was able to stop it with a force technique that can absorb energy. Given that others in the movies seem to have such trouble countering it, it seems like it might be a technique that requires a lot of experience and training to master. In the extended universe, people have blocked lightning with sabers and absorbed it using force techniques.

Yoda was a special case if I'm not wrong, partially because he survived a Millenia or some retarded shit like that while constantly training. And unless something comes out of the Thrawn trilogy it's usually best to ignore the EU when it comes to canonization I find. The whole damn thing was a fuck-up and a mess - a magnificent one at that but still a fuck-up and a mess.

The funny thing is, that jedi was actually a master of the council.

We are shown that Vader can stop blaster bolts with the Force. Blaster bolts are plasma. Lightning is also plasma. Ergo, you should be able to stop lightning with the Force.

But that's just retroactively justifying scenes. In the end, Lucas just threw in the lightning because it was cool and had Yoda stop it because prequel immortality.

That makes more sense than the "wound in the force" BS and "taking the force away".

Those powers are a mutation. So DNA altering using an engineered virus would remove them.
But the Force?

Reminder that good stories and hard to write, especially in the SW universe, which isn't that great to begin with.

The writing in KOTOR2 isn't any better - it's just more pretentious. Trying to give illusion of bigger depth by going all metaphysical.

I said old games. Plurar. Referring to older RPG's, not KOTOR1.

Just because you can write some explanation, doesn't make it a good explanation.
I know the fucking story. It's still stupid.
In thousands of years of galactic history, no jedi ever cut himself from the Force (which is something that you can do now. I though it was the energy that permaates everything in the universe. How do you cut yourself away?)
Also, EU is garbage and not canon at this point anyway.

And they can't defned themselves? What kind of masters are they? Not to mention, the scene clearly describes them being drained of force. I guess you never bothered inspecting their corpses? The game clearly tells you they've been drain of the force, and the shock of the violent "ripping" is what killed them.

You retrard. Windu was blocking the lighting until Anakin attacked him. I don't even like or follow SW, yet I fucking know this.

Good. The vong are shit. EU is shit. Star Wars is shit.

Actually, with the right mods, I don't think you even need the demo now that I look at it. You could run the entire game off of custom content.

Considering we're at a point where minor physical traits we have now can be temporarily changed by altering our genetics right now, the only unbelievable part is that their powers are immediately removed instead of becoming stunted and slowly regressing in potency.

republic commando best star wars game ever.

>We will never get a sequel where the surviving members of Delta Squad, and one new edition to replace Sev are elite imperial commandos going on key strategic missions to blast rebel scum at the behest of Vader.
>We will never cry anew when all the rest of the original members of Delta Squad die one-by-one in some catastrophic last mission (like the battle of the Death Star or something), leaving the new guy as the only one to escape, with the weight and memories of their deaths on his shoulders.

For once, I agree Kreia's belief.

Imagine it, millennia after millennia there exists conflict between Light v Dark. Every time it's due some bullshit philosophy argument. Billions of billions of innocent people who didn't give a damn about the Force died in those conflicts while the Jedi fight one another.
And for what? Because of emotions? Because your mom got killed by midget hobos? Because daddy didn't gave you enough attention? Everything that revolves with those Force users have one thing in common. "Me, me, me, me, me, me"

But for some reason, no one gets the idea that after all of this, people might have enough with this bullshit.
It's the perfect time to start an inter-galactic "revolt" against the Force. Enough with the Jedi, enough with the Sith, enough with the Force. Give me a rise of a cult, an organization that its main purpose is to eradicate the Force itself. Use poison to kill poison. Let Keria's legacy become a new chapter for the last act of the End.

that's too dark of a setting for disney, Im afraid

Oh yeah, just make it become a forever nightmare of the infinite clash between "Good and Evil" or rather a hissy fit between a middle-aged couple.
And while Disney bought all of the rights from Lucas (who already at that time dried out), it's a small chance of the story ever getting a closing chapter or something which it or anything else will never have, realism.

I always liked EARLY Counter Monkey videos, sad that the guy hosting was a mega-autist.
At least it didn't make the quality of the videos worst.

Forgot video.

Thank moot for causing the second exodus by making 4/pol/ come here.

Got a source on this? This sounds like the best ending.

No, they aren't. Baldur Gate's for example was dog shit. It's all about implementation.

So destroy the universe?

kreia was retarded

stop bumping this useless thread

Nah

That video creeps me out every time I watch it. Is that malnourished fiend still alive?