Convince me to get one of these, Holla Forums. They're $60 around me and I've wanted one for a while...

Convince me to get one of these, Holla Forums. They're $60 around me and I've wanted one for a while. The only thing is that I don't know of any decent exclusives besides gears and halo to justify the price. Otherwise I'd just put the cash into a new GPU since I haven't upgraded that since 2011 (and even then my card still just werks fine for most games).

Other urls found in this thread:

xenia.jp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

Don't. Get a new GPU and be more happy.

No vidya that I have really requires a new card, the one I have does everything fine as long as you skimp on shadows and AA.

I'd rather get into exclusives that I missed over the past decade. I'd like to finally play the Halo series and it's only $60 for the console and what, $5/game in the series? I was hoping that there would be more out there besides that, though.

Just remembered that the entire console costs the same as a usual AAA title (or have they moved onto $75?).

PC or get out

Get a Dreamcast instead.

How about getting these?

Already have both.

Get a PS3 instead, it has good games like Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5.

Have one of those too.

Really, the 360 is the only thing I haven't caught up on.

You should get a 360, mod it, and do lots of back up loading. With a decent 500 gb hdd that should be plenty for lots of games at once. There are also some cool japanese exclusives like death smiles that are region locked. As far as other games, the two virtual on titles rule, and also lost odyssey is nice. Lots of 7th gen multiplats are better too.

I'd recommend Dead Rising, but that's basically being ported to PC.

Owning a 360 I'm honestly having a hard time recommending it nowadays. I hear it has some JRPGs like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, a bunch of Japan exclusive shmups, the best version of Guardian Heroes, and play all the Halo games 4 doesnt exist, Crackdown, cheaper multiplats, and that may be worth investing I guess.

how did that go micrococks

lol poor fag

I was considering grabbing one if I found it in a thrift store.

Games I was considering (already have a PS3 and PC)
Saints Row 1
Operation Darkness
Fable 2 (aware it's not great, though it goes for cheap as fuck)
Bayonetta (if you don't have a Wii U)

DID SOMEBODY SAY THRIFT STORE?

ALSO QUADS

Is there a CFW scene for the 360?

kek

Part of why I want the console is so I can get cheap good vidya of yesteryear for bargain bin prices since every store I go to seems eager to unload their stock of 7th gen games.

There's also Bully: Scholarship Edition IIRC.

Don't really see the need in getting one since emulation for it is coming soon (Sure it'll be a while before it gets perfected like Dolphin but hey!)

xbox emulation is so fucked up that even microsoft couldn't emulate for the system

Really? I thought the 360 emulation was taking off decently while OG Xbox is NEVER EVER

Doesn't the xbone have BC now?

xenia.jp/

aaaand there goes another project i will never contribute to

Every time

ps4 got no games

some games have better x360 ports than ps3 (bayonetta) also x360 games look bit better

Bayonetta is literally the only game worth mentioning that runs somewhat better on x360, and that's because it was ported badly to the PS3 because of time restraints and other bullshit. Otherwise this is not true at all. (Play Bayonetta on Wii U btw, it's the superior version). There is a fuckton of good games for the PS3, compared to x360 which has very few noteworthy ones.

They have to do that to cover their asses if they were ever taken to court.

Red Dead Redemption is worth mentioning. Highly doubt it'll be ported to anything and the PS3 version is inferior.

There is but it isn't as easy as the Wii. I can't remember what all is involved. I do know after a certain firmware version it becomes much harder to do. I also think you have to flash custom firmware to the DVD-ROM drive.

If you're going to play online and don't mind opening the case there is a trick my poorfag friend used to use a lot. Install the game to the HDD and take the top off the case, once you load the game up it will eventually stop spinning, take it out and place in another console and enjoy playing for free until you have to reboot one of the consoles. We used to do L4D1 lan parties with one disc using that.

Also any old powered usb-hub functions as a multi-tap.

the cfw scene mostly comes down to back up loading 360 games and injecting some original xbox games. there's decent emulator support, but nothing special. Either way it'll save you some money on games, and prevent a failing disk drive.

I believe the second model 360, the slim one is the best model for it. Not the most recent model, but the slim model. Not the most recent one, and the original model has hardware faults that result in failure.

original xbox isn't emulated on 360, it mostly relies on the 360 reinterpreting the dx8 instructions in the 360's dx9.5 instruction set. Most of the time its a mess.

I'm picking one up solely for Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden Black.

I played the cancer PS3 port of the former and fell in love. The latter is pretty much obligatory.

Ninja gaiden black is a xbox game. Xbox games don't play too well on the 360.

I heard it actually had decent backwards compatibility as long as you're NTSC.

I'll look into it but if it's only for playing backups I might not mess with it.

kek

bumping

Shoot'em ups, some good japanese exclusives, XBox live arcade games and more 18+ titles than the PS3 has.

To be fair they did manage to do just that.

Then completely lose it with the Xbone

I guess people didn't want to watch TV on their Xbox that's hooked up to their TV.

Cant wait, too bad all the weeaboos and reatrds like Mark are going to buy/suck up to the Neo.

I see WiiUs going for more $ than xbones. Everyone I know that got one bought it as a Halo box and promptly used it to collect dust afterwards.

Forza Horizon and Killer Instinct are alright, rest is either multiplat garbage or exclusive garbage.

Most games since 2011 have been COD inspired bullshit anyway.

Aren't the first two on PC? Well, I guess there's still 3, 4, and Halo Wars to play.

Don't do it. Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

There's Reach and ODST too.

Seems like it, the console kinda died as far as new releases went. At least the PS3 had games until the end.

Nigger I did that all day yesterday and they had to kick me out when the store closed for the night.

I never see discussion of her.

I played Phantom Dust on my 360 and got lag when processing environmental destruction. Just like the wiki said I would.

You should buy an Xbox huge before a 360.

Save your money, wait 2 years for Xenia to be playable, use saved money to buy new PC to emulate Xbox 360 games