Re-Volt/RVGL Thread

What is Re-Volt?
Re-Volt is an arcade style radio control car racing video game released by Acclaim Entertainment in 1999 for PC the main subject, Dreamcast best console version, Nintendo 64 alright and Playstation shit. There's a variety of cars and tracks, ranging from slow off-road buggy type, to speed demons going at nearly 40 MPH (with scale speeds of almost 400 MPH, face-paced action guaranteed), in locations such as supermarkets, suburban neighborhoods and even a wild west ghost town. The game also features things such as pick ups to pester your opponents, different track and game modes, online multiplayer, and a track editor, and is highly moddable.

What is RVGL?
RVGL is a cross-platform rewrite / port of Re-Volt that runs natively on both Windows and GNU/Linux. It's powered entirely by modern, open source components. It also has various additions such as split-screen multiplayer for up to 4 players as some might be familiar with from the console versions of the game, enhanced resolution choices, better online multiplayer support, and even better mod support.
RV1.2 is an unofficial patch for the game, and the predecessor to RVGL, and is a stable release for Windows operating systems. Mind you, it is still only a patch and requires the base game. It also includes enhanced level editor, so for the lot of you who like doing their own stuff, it's a must.
RVGL and RV1.2 clients can not play together, but it is a recommended install it anyway before RVGL. They work separately but can be installed in the same folder.

Where can I get it?
First of all, you will need the base game. No patches are required for RVGL, but unofficial 1.2 patch is recommended. Get the game here: drive.google.com/open?id=0B3mV0vGuYi7YZ21XdXdQYlU0SXM
For RVGL and RV1.2, visit the site (download latest version of both, install 1.2 patch, extract RVGL to folder with executable, overwrite anything it asks): rv12.revoltzone.net/ rv12.revoltzone.net/rvgl.php
The music for the game (drop to folder with executable): drive.google.com/open?id=0B3mV0vGuYi7YdFZvaWJ3dmZlUTg

Now what?
Now either play some multiplayer with other people, build some cool tracks, mod the living shit out of your game, or make your own custom cars and tracks for it.
You don't need to worry about installing too many cars with RVGL, unlike in the base game, official or unofficial patches or not.
You should probably also install RV House, which works as a multiplayer lobby program, and setting up multiplayer many times easier. It also supports both RVGL and RV1.2. The latest version is available at rv12.revoltzone.net on the sidebar. You can also set up multiplayer lobbies on GameRanger, but you will need to use the 1.2 executable.
Now, do you want to mod the everloving fuck out of your game? Check revoltzone.net for a literal fuckton of custom cars and tracks, even tools to make your own, then share them there!
First of all, I recommend getting the Dreamcast cars pack, Venice, Rooftops 2011 and Fiddlers on the Roof for more content, either salvaged from leaked or unused files, or from other versions of the game Venice was originally a custom level, but later included in arcade version of the game. Links below.
mediafire.com/download/ibedjsylxi7ea35/DCcars_13december2014.zip
revoltzone.net/tracks/3667/Rooftops 2011
revoltzone.net/tracks/8184/Fiddlers on the Roof
revoltzone.net/tracks/4135/Venice

If you have any questions or suggestions, or problems that need solving, please post them in the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

revolt_f1.webs.com/RV Tools/Re-Volt.exe
drive.google.com/open?id=0B3mV0vGuYi7YSUdjd2h5ak1CTlE
vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/
andersmalmgren.github.io/FreePIE/
rv12.revoltzone.net/downloads/rv_house_setup.exe
drive.google.com/open?id=0B3mV0vGuYi7YdDRHZE1qdWhKdEk
rv12.revoltzone.net/downloads/rv_house_linux.tar.gz
mega.nz/#!AoFBgDwa!gIjesNfRqOQHRXvpvIXVMyKXcx0piTF0acFUNzx-ljM
mega.nz/#!kxFXhADJ!WMaCHpovwWoLQG4WBqmcTfbt4GkxpZmm-7eBRLcLLMo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The best console version is the xbox one, too bad it was never released though. Also what do you need to get online running again, just the 1.2 patch?

Yeah, either 1.2 patch or RVGL. Installing both is the best.

this game is garbage, just because its old it doesnt make it good. PC had a lack of proper driving vidya back then and that is why you think of it so highly.

Reminder that Dreamcast version a best, everything else a shit

shit taste detected. Just because you can't handle the speed doesn't make it bad faggot

It's slow as fuck nigger and it controls like shit, give me wipeout any day of the week.

Christ this is some serious autism. I played the original a bunch as a youngster, thought I was of few who would even remember this game, but going through all this effort to bring the game back is what the hell.

Quick installer that does all this for me or feck right off m8

I'd hate to see what you thought of the Rollcage community on PC then.

I've had this shit installed on my PC for a while now. I've beaten all the cups and I still can't control the cars properly. Still fun though.

Alrighty then. Here's game installer, pre-patched to latest official version. revolt_f1.webs.com/RV Tools/Re-Volt.exe
Here's 1.2 patcher with everything I linked slapped inside it, and includes custom DC car scripts so they unlock as you progress through the game. You still need to run the game installer prior to patcher. It should autodetect the installation folder.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B3mV0vGuYi7YSUdjd2h5ak1CTlE

Do I need analog triggers?

I remember this game, it was the shit back then.

Not required, but they do work with some setup. Here's the tutorial for any who do want to use analog triggers, taken from Revolt Live forums.

>Install vJoy, found here: vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/
>Install FreePIE, found here: andersmalmgren.github.io/FreePIE/
########################### RVGL Axis Problem ## Odie's Workaround v1.0 ############################ v1.0 - Initial Release## Axis ##vJoy[0].x = xbox360[0].leftStickX * vJoy[0].axisMax # steering & menu navigationvJoy[0].y = 0 - xbox360[0].leftStickY * vJoy[0].axisMax # no use/menu navigationvJoy[0].z = xbox360[0].rightTrigger * vJoy[0].axisMax # Throttle (Axis2)vJoy[0].rx = 0 - xbox360[0].leftTrigger * vJoy[0].axisMax # Brake (Axis3)#vJoy[0].ry = 0 - xbox360[0].leftTrigger * vJoy[0].axisMax#vJoy[0].rz = 0 - xbox360[0].leftTrigger * vJoy[0].axisMax## Buttons ##vJoy[0].setButton(0 , xbox360[0].a)vJoy[0].setButton(1 , xbox360[0].b)vJoy[0].setButton(2 , xbox360[0].x)vJoy[0].setButton(3 , xbox360[0].y)vJoy[0].setButton(4 , xbox360[0].leftShoulder)vJoy[0].setButton(5 , xbox360[0].rightShoulder)vJoy[0].setButton(6 , xbox360[0].start)vJoy[0].setButton(7 , xbox360[0].back)vJoy[0].setButton(8 , xbox360[0].leftThumb)vJoy[0].setButton(9 , xbox360[0].rightThumb)## Optional, set d-pad to arrow keys for menu navigation ##keyboard.setKey(Key.UpArrow , xbox360[0].up)keyboard.setKey(Key.LeftArrow , xbox360[0].left)keyboard.setKey(Key.DownArrow , xbox360[0].down)keyboard.setKey(Key.RightArrow , xbox360[0].right)

superior game coming through

WHY DON'T YOU PLAY SOME MOTHERFUCKING RE-VOLT MULTIPLAYER
FOR WINDOWS GET EVERYTHING IN AND RV HOUSE FROM rv12.revoltzone.net/downloads/rv_house_setup.exe
FOR GANOO+LINUX GET drive.google.com/open?id=0B3mV0vGuYi7YdDRHZE1qdWhKdEk (EXTRACT IN A FOLDER, BE SURE TO READ THE README) AND rv12.revoltzone.net/downloads/rv_house_linux.tar.gz
AFTER SETTING UP THAT SHIT, GO LAUNCH RV HOUSE AND TRY TO GET SOMEONE PLAYING

Fun fact: RV1.2 team back-ported the Xbox Live version of Re-Volt to run on PC, with the codebase from a member of the game's dev team.

vJoy with XJoy is better

because you sound like a fucking spazz tbh

mirrored them on mega because google drive is apparently a whole lotta shit when it shouldn't be
win: mega.nz/#!AoFBgDwa!gIjesNfRqOQHRXvpvIXVMyKXcx0piTF0acFUNzx-ljM
linux: mega.nz/#!kxFXhADJ!WMaCHpovwWoLQG4WBqmcTfbt4GkxpZmm-7eBRLcLLMo

OP, can you mirror the Re-Volt Installer to Mega as well? Since Drives seems to be unreliable

The current two mega links include everything you'll ever need. Win version has 1.2 and the better editor.

It's pretty much like comparing Mario Kart with F-Zero.

Doing God's work

the remade version looks like shit compared to the original

remade version?

i wanna play toy commander

bump, maybe someone might want to get a working version of it