Monster Hunter General - /mhg/ - Do it for her edition

MHG DOWNLOADS
If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI you can download and install the US version directly from Nintendo's Eshop servers.
EU CIA:
Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo
Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg
US CIA:
mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY
password:TheDoctorIsIn

Resources:
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice try, I will never do anything for anything related to the raths other than killing them. Or capping them for their later death.

What's the easiest, cheapest, most dangerously cheesy way to deal with variants solo? The bloated health is not making this grindy slog any fun.

Maybe when the wycoon degenerates paid millions of zenny for it.

We told you this would happen if you imported and you laughed!

Whatever, I just want to hurt them.
I bet you wyverians are another fucking Rath subspecies.

And we told you the translation would be shitty and full of memes so we're even.

thegoyimknow.png

Don't you have NyantaleX?

REMINDER NOT TO HIT THE HEAD WITH HORN

That felt pretty good.

The only thing haram is your shit tier taste.

its bretty gud.

If you're gonna bang a wyvern might as well go for a good one.

I'm not sure you thought this through.

Fuck me you're right.

No thank you.

A few fulgurbugs ain't no biggie, plus there's probably some kind of fulgurbug shampoo out there if it bothers you that bad.
Feral or bust

As opposed to someone filled with literal poison?

If you get tripped by HH as SnS you are total shit at MH. SnS has an enormous super armor combo. Is that what this meme is about?

Don't you do this to me motherfucker.

Do these skills make the perfect bomber cats?

Psychotic means little as an insult when it applies to every fucking monster.

I thought I knew what playing monster hunter was. I thought it was fighting the monsters and getting their parts and getting shit done.

I was unprepared.

This is what you get with randoms user.
Beats soloing deviants though.

Disgusting.

No. Why would you use inferior bombing moves?
Why would you trade healing for camouflage?
And perfection at prowler minmaxing is way more complicated than that.

Disgusting.

Also, just made a bow set with Pierce Up, Ammo Saver and Focus. The charm I have isn't even great either. I can post it here if anyone is interested, but I don't think anyone other than myself and Zep really use the bow.

Doing Hellblade quests because screw going to a public room.
02-0831-3933-5777
Pass:8888

I haven't bothered to use pierce bows because my Teostra bow build is good for pretty much every monster. I'd definitely try it unless it looks like a ridiculous clowsuit.
Might give them a try sometime in the future.

I'll join. I've only gone up to lv.4 and I need to max out my hellblade gunner armor and swaxe.

what level, i haven't started at all.

Starting at level 1

give me a minute, i'll join if there's still room

Protip for Hellblade: grind level 10 and get tickets for other levels. Level 10 is infinitely easier than 9.

Son of a bitch, I swear I'm not this bad usually.

Reminder that if you even think about using HH and you're within a 50 feet radius from any 3DS the police will show up and gun you down on the spot.

Only bodyshots tho, they won't aim for your head.

1 slot opened up. We're doing Hellblade Glavenus lvl 8.

keep getting disconnect errors. jumping back in in a sec

Trade healing for camoulage?
Already got the cookie cutter fighter cat.
I want perfect cats of all classes.

Naw the meme is that someone said HH got nerfed and doesn't deserve headtime anymore over almost anything else.
Which somehow caused autism for like 2 weeks and then became a forced meme.

How far along are you guys ?,Im out of commission for awhile because I busted my right index on work but later I wanna get caught up so I can play with you faggots. (Last time I played some MH I remember being at Village 5 and I just had to kill 3 more monsters to reach village 6,and I was HR2 I believe almost at 3)

I'm HR5 waiting for a friend to catch up. i'm bored so I'd hunt with you.

Cool man,but like I said im out of commission because of my Index so can I give you a rain check on that hunt ?

wew lad, that was close.

fucking hell, this game is one fucked up surprise after another.

The lore for Black Diablos is that it's fucking heat right? That 3rd picture should be a little more lewd.

I'm heading to work soon, but I'll play X with you when I get home

Just pirate MHG and convert your save user it's what I did.

The other day i realized the balls of electricity zinogre shoots are just clouds of mistletainn electric bugs.
Even when he charges up, the particle effects are just bugs flying around him.
Thinking of it he's just a living hive, and the horns are probably hollow to allow the circulation of said bugs.

Fuck off.

I see it more of a symbiotic relationship. Like Peonys and ants, sloths and moss, or sharks and remoras.

The Zingore provides a home, protection, and food for the bugs, and the bugs help him hunt.

still gross though, thing is basically infested with lice

Just use poison smoke bombs

I hope they make zinogre do more things with bugs like in frontier.
He has moves that basically cast his bugs everywhere and he explodes in a wide area.
They also made a Thunderlord Zinogre's equivalent, but way crazier, embed related.

That's pretty cool, they should add it into regular monhun.

but they can keep their no-knockback, I want monster to throw me around like a ragdoll when I get hit.

The animation in that game always just seems off. It's probably just because I've put so much time into the other games that whenever something is just a little off it seems bad.

What do you mean, i don't see anything wrong with it besides it being crazy hard.

Biggest problem with Frontier is that everything is like a Michael Bay film. Just add some giant explosions and call it a new subspecies.

Giant explosions + no knockback just looks fucking dumb. What's the point of all this AoE shit if it doesn't affect you? Makes it feel empty and fake, all flash with no bite.

Animations from both monsters and playeraslook like they were sped up, it's most notable when something falls faster than it should.

Exactly, as a dedicated hammerbro dodging successfully is the difference between getting 5 hits and getting 0 hits. If you remove the knockback it just turns into how much punishment can I take before I run out of health.

Where's the most dangerous place in the game?

I'd have to say it's next to the hellblade Glav's head

Aerial Greatsword is a blast.

To make Lance the only weapon where striker is objectively the best.

So how do deviant armor skills show up exactly?

I see the [Deviant] Soul active on some people's deviant sets, but sometimes not. I got the full Hellblade set and it doesn't have a Hellblade Soul skill.

Please tell me I don't have to max upgrade that shit for it.

Aerial blastsword is a great.

Almost. They unlock at level 6.

you have to level it up
and then one day it'll become a mediocre armor set as opposed to a shit armor set!

I built the Lagombi set and it unlocks right away. The silver Nargacuga set though does unlock at level 6. Which sets unlock at which levels?

p-please user, they're high level monster armors, so they must be good. I have to justify the time I burned up hunting them.

They don't have top tier defense,and have a random hodgepodge of skills.
Like you can easily do better even for full sets without clown suiting.

Any of you guys up to cleaning up some of the non-key quests up to rank 3?

I can do rank 4 too, but need to do the urgent first

in gen or uuuu?

gen

Until I muster up the will to slog through this joke of a monster "variant" type hyper is, I'll be in Tanzia. Fuck hyper monsters. They don't even have any explanation like Frenzy did, they're just shit padding.

Use a prowler with a poison weapon. Your palicos will also stop attacking bugs once they are poisoned (at least mine do) so give them some poison weapons too. EZ bug hunting m8.

If you make the room I'll pop in

You don't need to fight any hyper monsters to unlock your HR though. You only need to fight them to upgrade stuff or build hyper armour. Which you don't need to "clear" HR7.

Maybe he's not a minmaxing online-only faggot and just wants to clear all the quests in the game?

10-9007-0722-1935
pass: 7098

That's fine so do I but he said he was stuck at HR7. Fighting the Hyper monsters is the last thing you should do. They have way too much health without good level weapons.

Are these good skills to use with the Nargacuga weapons? I wanted to use Challenger +2 because I get 15% more affinity so I'll get 75% when using the weapon.

Weakness Exploit is better. It's 50% affinity when attacking weak points.

I'd rather get 70%-85% on every part of the body instead of 105% on certain weak spots personally.

/mhg/ how do I curb my GS addiction? Every other weapon just seems so unsatisfying.

it was a good hunt I suppose.

Shame I had to kill the mizu by myself though.

Sorry it dropped you, I'm still around if you want to try to host it.

To be fair, GS is the funnest and best weapon in the game.
Try GL I guess

a prescription to NOT have fun

if you want something different try something gunner

Hammer is really fucking satisfying with me. It's pretty close to GS too it's really simple. Just look for an opening dash in with your charge attack combo until unsafe and back off then start charging to ready for the opening.

Name them after favorite hentai doujin artists.

You are doing it wrong in so many ways.

Tell me this in a monster hunter lobby and not on the internet and see what happens.

Gotta watch that Lv3 hammer charge on small monsters m8, killed my hunter art 3 times cuz of that.

Any other hammer bros use aerial style without even doing mounting attacks? I actually really like not having the Lv3 charge. It allows me to hold a charge forever then only unleash a Lv2 charge which is really good for closing space really fast. I'd use bushido but it loses the infinite combo so that style is pretty much useless for hammer.

Sorry man, want me to change my focus area?

I'm not stuck per se just needing to kill these faggot hypers to max out my weps is breaking my balls and will to continue solo. I've gotten a few crowned so far, but my autism is strong trying to upgrade most of my shit so I don't have to come back later.
I've just been doing stuff on whim and desire to hunt/need to hunt basis to get me this far.

How bad is Dreadking X? I haven't fought a Dreadqueen yet but I assume it's an annoying fight.

Dreadking is pretty standard.
Dreadqueen is probably the worst deviant because super poison

Did they make the Cameleos larger? Cause he seems larger than he was in MHBigGuy

Doing 5* Vespoid hunt for materials, anybody want to come with? I've got a poison build of crappy armour and a bow I'm shit with, so if you just want to hunt the Unstable environment monster, be my guest.

40-1451-3955-4611
Pass: 8888

gun lance in gen feels weird and sorta pointless
if you say this pretty much anywhere people wont care

Nice. Want to do the LR Bananaharbl quest? I haven't done that one. Well, pick what you want, I might need to change

Was good hunting, gotta eat dinner now.

Alright, catch you later man. Thank you for the hunts.

What is so pointless about it? Lack of damage, speed or utility? Gunlance has it all now, some of it in abundance.

You around user? If so, put up a room for MHX and I'll join you.

So I'm playing 4U and apparently there isn't enough inventory space for every maxed out weapon and armor in the game.

Is there anything I can do about this? I just want to play dress up with monster corpses.

Base inventory or after you buy all the books? because HR is just the same model with better stats for a lot of things.

As far as I know, even with books.

For weapons I'm not hung up on getting every model, so long as I have every final upgrade. The starting weapons aren't particularly good looking anyway. If you're talking about armor though, I didn't know that, and if that's the case I'd still be happy to just have the best version of each set.

I'm not familiar with how much you can mod the game, but I know custom quests are a thing, so I'm hoping I could work around this somehow.

Try Heavy Bowgun, you still do great damage but with a RANGED weapon. I GS all the time too and took a break from Monster Hunter, came back to try out guns and it was a great decision. I'm having much fun.

I main CB and LBG.

Well don't that just shit on the difficulty of MH1-3 monsters?

So, what did the zinogre usurp ?

Fizzy Mizzys scaly boipuss'

We need to hunt these things to extinction.

Don't even joke about that shit, the guild is always listening.
they'll send felyne cleaners after you

I want MH5 to be exclusively about Gypceros genocide, so we won't have to deal with their bullshit ever again.
raptor removal for MH6

Im the user from my finger is all right I did a good amount of hunting last night managed to finish 5* and watch that funky little ending video. Also I made a mistake I said I was at HR2 but I was still at 1,but I managed to fix that last night as well and got my first Blast blight weapon as well so good progress so far.

Also quick question, Is it possible to solo Deviants ?. Been thinking about making the Snowbaron and Stonefist set since you can get most of the materials from the LV1 quest.

Gen lobby
down to hunt anything
22-7032-7748-8066

I'd join you but I keep disconnecting.

I'll join in a few. Been wanting to try this new HBG build.

its never really explained, i remember figuring it out and i finally understood how everyone could run to the monster so fast

You can also move during the monster dying animation without skipping it. It's just tough since you have to move according to the camera placement which keeps switching. I've definitely sent dudes flying during the cutscene though which was pretty funny.

Are you still going?

thats what i used to do, but your movement is all wonky during it, so i would always end up off in the middle of nowhere

fuck, i didnt see, right now were full, ill be sure to post when we get an open space

we have one spot open, come on in!

It says B: Skip at the bottom of the screen.

Also, for bows, do focus and haste rain stack?

send help

Why do people join or put up quests that they cannot handle?

A better question is who can't handle Gore? Easiest cover monster yet.

He looked really scary the first time you fight him.

Who wants to farm some raging rajang for that sweet, sweet armor set?

Carts or not, lets hunt together.

00-8719-5873-1604

Until you get between his legs and stab his dick and realize he can't touch you there.

What does his set do?

Insight (fills HA faster)
Focus
Sharpness +1 (blademaster)
Ammosaver (gunner) 20% chance to NOT waste a shot/phial when firing

Small Note: The Set requires hyper Rajang parts for the last few levels upgrading (at least the chest)

Correction: It seems to be only the last level

Here's a task for the thread:

Post a list of what you consider to be the best HAs in MHGen/X, and at what level one should use them.

For SnS, Shoryugeki. Literal uppercut that can instantly KO a monster right on its ass.

Just apply stamina oil, and deal knockout damage until it's charged. Try to get the HA in while the oil is still active for maximum effect.

Only viable for players who know the ropes of the weapon and the monster. Timing it is challenging, but so worth it.

So is teostra the only worthwhile bow or is this just what ignorant bow players spout?

It really is, they fucked up and made one go to weapon for the type.

sheeeyit.

Then there's the SnS spin HA that's a gigantic fucking i-frame. There's a reason everybody said SnS was OP when MHX first came out.

It still is probably the strongest weapon this gen.
Not from a pure DPS perspective but just in terms of it can do basically anything and everything better than most other weapons

Isn't that every wyvern in the game?

Karma sedition all over again brah.
Regios LBG / Bow got nerfed to hell in MHG after MH4U, i expect the teo bow to be nerfed or downgraded in the future.

Its level 4 charge should not be Rapid 5. That was a huge mistake.

Fuck those guys.

If I didn't have a train to catch tommorow, i'd join. I miss wearing my Zinogre set back when it didn't suck balls.

Seriously, who approved the skill reshuffling? Why does Zin suddenly have thunder up replace with sense?

I like the counter move for LS, just wish I remembered Arts existed in time for me to use it more than once a hunt.

Anyone up for Low Rank key quests?
ID 32-5000-9793-3067
Pass: 7777

why the fuck didn't we get this

people had problems with gypceros?
only annoying thing was the flashbang but its managable and the death is free heals or damage

Wat do

I don't think anyone has a difficulty problem with Gypceros.

Personally, I just dislike it because it's kind of a dull, boring monster with a dull, boring moveset.

FUCKING DUNES

It's a big, annoying bastard with poison and a flash that can't be avoided by not looking at it. I can't describe the joy I felt when I first evaded it as adept. I must be missing something, or does everyone just have to run away or take the stun? I've never managed to dodge it normally. Having a monster determine the pace of the fight like that when it's such a shitter is annoying.

Oh fuck, it's like Christmas!

Well, you carried him, and he got to go get a sandwich while you earned him the rewards, even if he didn't carve.

I honestly don't know how bows are usable. I've played around with them after using one for a bug hunt, and I couldn't kill a Yian Garuga despite emptying a full gunners pouch into it and getting fairly consistent screen shake on the shots, and using a lightning bow I took half an hour to capture a HR Ludroth. Took so fucking long I forgot I needed to carve it to get the claws. How the fuck someone does the Fated Four with one, I've no idea.

Obviously, there's a shit-ton I don't know about this weapon, but I can generally pick out a random weapon take care of a shitter like Ludroth. Any more in depth guides than gaijinhunter's?

I had carted 3 times in this game for reasons unrelated to small tackling monsters, when you are bow and killing them means wasting coatings its really, really starting to take the piss as you rank up.

I am legitimately starting to get mad at the small monster bullshit in MHG.

Teach me your secrets. This might not be too effective, but have you tried using Palicos? A couple of them optimised for attack, targeting smalls only/mostly and equipped with Dung Bombay might reduce the problem. You can take two if you just go to the Hub without making a room. Based on my experience with a bow, you can probably take three Palicos and have an easier time than that.

Palicos dont last long with a Plesioths massive hip check hitbox tackle the size of gammoth.

For a second i thought you were gonna break into a song.

more like screaming.

If you want some help with that Plesioth, I should be done with these Khezu soon enough. I've got Kirin's bug stick and a Moofah set, should zap the motherfucker easy.

37-6239-9398-4363

Plowing through HR5, if anyone's up for hunt

You go online and eat shit due to blademasters not killing the small monsters anyway why put up with it solo?

I just saw your room online when i inserted hub ID but by the time I entered the password you had gone offline.

Shit, sorry, man. I should be back on later this evening, though.

I… I think we just raped her.

Das nasty. Worth trying on deviants. A status attack +2 set would be good for that, probably.

But wait, there's more

Just when I thought all pubbies were cancerous shits who didn't know how to play.

MHGen lobby. Let's get some hunts going HR doesn't matter.
38-4142-6800-5659
pass: 0852

if you guys are still there, I could do with some Khezu hunts, need around 5 or 6 thunder sacs. I'll pop in shortly after I eat if the room is still up that is

get the fuck in here u cuntmuffin :^)

How do I get pumpkins?

on my way now, just finished eating

Through the felyne trader guy. Occasionally you'll get bumble pumpkins along with whatever you're trading for.

Cross/Gen saves all the data as Ext. Data instead of on the cart itself, right? Anyone know which folder? I'm trying to transfer save data from one 3DS to another without doing a full system transfer.

it has to be stuff from the Sunsnug farm though. Like herbs, ivy, adamant/might seeds, etc.

You have to dodge-roll or block as Gyperceros releases the flash to avoid stunning.

Got a room up for HR Khezu hunting mainly, but we can swap off on hunts as well; Khezu, whatever, Khezu, whatever, etc. if you'd prefer that

Room: 02-5985-3572-9576
Pass: 4555

Hi, I never played a monster hunter game, what 3DS game should I start with?
Should I just start with Generations since that's the one in the OP?

Start with Tri-G, then move on to 4G (it has all the content of 4 included) and then X.

In english terms, 3U, then 4U, then MH Gen.

don't start with gen, it's probably the weakest modern one.
Go 3U or 4U and if you like it then maybe gen. But don't burn yourself out, it's a real issue with these games

I see. I assumed this was a series where I just jump into the latest one but in retrospect I'm not sure why I thought that since I can't think of any series I've played before where I'd recommend that to anyone.
Thanks.

Shitlizard got fondled so fucking hard.

well normally I would just say go with the latest, but because gen's weak and adds a ton of gimmicks, that isn't the case.

I'll never fight dobson with melee again.

2 slots open

You could in theory jump in Gen but the problem is that Gen introduces a shit ton of elements that aren't in the main series.
You better get used to the normal way of doing things first.

Look up underwater fights from 3U. If that looks like fun instead of tedium to you, then start with 3U. If not, just play 4U. I miss Lagiacrus, but not underwater. Mounting is much better than swimming for me, and while I don't use IG, you might like it or the CB, which aren't in 3U.

On account of the frog meme, in the slim likelihood that this was one of you, I just want to tell you to legitimately kill yourself. Sometimes I'm fine with chatting, but don't cockblock me because the host is too spineless to go duo on a quest.

And the other thing? Don't make me waste my food buffs and make a spectacle out of your retardation. It makes you worse than pubby scum.

That's a nice little touch

just wondering, was the room listed as "chat & hunt" maybe he took it literally.

but that's autism, user.

Fuck if I know. But honestly, who the fuck bait and switches like that anyway? Pick your moments. Wait until a few quests are over. If we stick together and want to hunt more, then chatting is perfectly fine. I welcome it. But I won't dance for some faggot who won't fucking play unless people are "cordial". Don't fucking play video games if you're gonna be like that.

I've got a problem with my 3DS. The circle pad sticks fairly often, and it makes playing monhun far more difficult than usual. Should I disassemble and fix it myself, or find a place to do it for me? Also, while I'm at it, how do you guys keep your 3DS clean? I'm talking screens and cleaning the buttons from the oils on your fingertips and that kinda shit.

It's not that hard, there are videos on youtube you can follow.

Hmm, dilemma. My Hunting Horn clownsuit has Status Attack +2, Attack Up Small and Stamina Drain, but I can upgrade to Attack Up Medium if I drop the gauntlets that give me most of that stamina drain skill. I think the difference is probably small enough that having the monster falling over itself is going to be better for me. Anyone up for a quick hunt?

35-4120-8588-7465

Gotta go, sorry. What time is this place active?

seems to come and go. Gotta get lucky it seems.

Fuck I just soloed the Deviljho & Rajang quest I cleared it with a 1:17 left. Completely out of healing items and with 25% of my health left. I've been so relieved and excited to see that infernal monkey die.

I used to solo everything in the PSP games since I couldn't play online.
I miss that feeling of relief but at the same time I don't wanna do that again.

Fucking love this gun. Beautiful. Too bad Daoras HBG gun has always had shit stats. Icesteel wasp lbg looks nice though.

That gammoth didn't last very long.

I need to try that. Not sure why I haven't played around with hunting arts more. Apart from the aerial shit I've been playing as normal.

Need lance recommendations.

Hellblade looks nice, but I dislike farming variants.

"Pretty good! Also can you confirm so we can start, please?"

First scenario:

He doesn't, keeps talking, so he gets kicked

Second scenario:

"O-oh ok", confirms, you do the quest.

Seems to me the host couldn't handle a light sperg because he was autistic himself, it's not rocket science you dumbasses, talk to solve your problems instead of shitting your pants in mutual silent passive aggressiveness.

Oh and by the way, if someone joins your room and confirms a quest but then unconfirms afterwards to chat, there's a pretty good chance he was looking to start shit to begin with.

Combine it with the art that instantly refills the gauge and gives some affinity and it will never run out.

I was thinking about trying that combo for the gammoth HR5 urgent, thinking there would be no way they'd allow something this broken, but apparently here we are.

MH4U here,
Doing the HR caravan 8* quests. I remember having a devil jho showing up during a quest, but I don't remember which quest it was.
I want to try my hand at him, so does anyone know in which quests he can appear? kiranico only has his normal appearances, not ones for which the environment is unstable.

Use Ping's Dex instead: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

neat app. thanks for the spoonfeed.

Or dipshits can use a proper chat client instead of the horrible in game one, you fucking retard. Go chat somewhere else. The game is fucking bad for it. Saying hello and using shoutouts is enough.

That works with an organized group, not with randoms.
Hell, even when going on hunts here with other people on Holla Forums it's not that common for people to coordinate in the steam chat and we don't use the discord because "mhgen 4cuck cancer uses it" and yadda yadda.
Back in the MH3P days we all used external methods but back in the MH3P days the Holla Forums community for it was also like 20 guys on at the same time, at most.
Shit changes with bigger communities, it becomes less pratical.

It's ridiculously broken. With both at level 2 I fucking destroyed the "Hunter Games" quest in 20 something minutes.

I've been using the Spiked Javelin with blunt and mind's eye, seems pretty good to me.

What the fuck.

huehue?
sounds like they knew what they were doing
i was expecting the story to be,"Breaking news! baugetteman vaults into triple cart again!"

I don't think they even playtested this shit. Calling it a "Switch Axe" doesn't make sense anymore, it never switches, and is never an axe. Effectively infinite sword mode alone makes SA broken, add in the +30% affinity and +20 attack you get with both at level 3 and your damage output becomes ridiculous. It's like having AuL and Critical Eye +3 for free.
It's a real shame. SA's Sword Mode is one of the most horrifically dull weapons to use in the game. I can still play SA the fun way and simply choose to ignore its arts, but by doing that I know I'm not doing as much damage as I could be doing. And that means hunts will take longer, not just for me, but for anyone I hunt with.

If you think you're confused, just imagine what that Rathalos must have been thinking. He got exactly what he deserved.

I absolutely agree with you 200%.
It's the entire reason why i dropped SA, it might be OP, but it's fucking boring as shit now.

66 2456 56219480

Doing hyper quests on way to savage jho with my gro come help pls

Cheers guys closed now

Low rank turns. Come post all those shitty gathering quests

54-3657-7669-7826

On my way.

Well, crud, I'd made it halfway back with a powderstone

What's a good high-rank gril armor that looks purposeful and has good skills?

I hate the absurd, edgy/spiky ebin animu armor that you get late-game. I like the stuff that has aesthetic utility (kind of like the alloy armor early game).

All Rathian sets if you don't mind the big skirts grils get.
If you like lighter looking armor there's the Rager's Set and the Shinobi sets.

These are my sets for lance and hammer, not the best in terms of skills but good enough for me, no idea how they'd look on grils tho.

Handhelds were a mistake

Turns out there isn't even a Guardian set for grils, you get cutesy dresses instead.

Seconding what said. Pretty much all of the Rathian sets have a really nice visual balance between stylish and functional (female G-Rank Blademaster Rathian in 3U/4U is probably my all-time favorite set, aesthetically). Their skills are pretty decent, too, if you don't mind building for survivability.

They're ideal for local multiplayer (without having to deal with split-screen) which is, IMO, the best way to do hunts with your bros.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a good MH on PC, though.

It's a real shame. The Guardian set looks really darn cool.

Well if the romours about the NX are true the next one should be both like 3U was. Although then we'd have to buy a new Nintendo machine.

Although it's true the guardian set looks great

and if Nintendo arent complete idiots they'll be moving over to x86 architecture, which means cross compatibility isnt going to be easy on the dev team
chances are the next game will be slightly better than mhg in graphics, unless capcom pulls some wizzardy out of their arses

How do these people get this far?

We've had this discussion on MH being on handhelds a million times.
Aside from the original PS2 games, this is how the developers designed MH to be like (i can't stress this enough, this is the main audience and how they actually intend this series to be played):

-You're the average japanese man.

-You get on a train every day and play via wi fi with other people on the train.

-You go to work or school and during breaks you play with other people there.

-In your free time you go to your local hunting groups either with your friends, or in specialized meeting places where people play MH together.

This is the INTENDED MH experience envisioned by the team, for the japanese.
This is why it took so much time to get multiplayer integrated via the hardware itself and before that you had to perform weird ritualistic blood sex acts on adhoc Party to get shit going, because they didn't need that shit.

The main reason why they've started pushing for online isn't westerners, but the simple fact that even in japan handhelds are getting replaced by smartphones, so it's not as common to find someone with a proper handheld anywhere you go in japan as it used to be (it's still way more common than in the west, just not -as- common).

Do i love playing MH on a home console with a proper controller?
Yes, MH3U was great on WiiU, even if it was a shit port, actually holding a goddamn controller and looking at a big screen made all the difference.

Do i think they're gonna put any effort whatsoever in the next home console iteration?
No.
Even if the NX is a home/portable system in one, i have absolutely zero doubts they'll fuck it up somehow and it'll only function propely while in portable mode or something (or maybe there will be a sequel to the 3DS specialized in portable only and that will be the actual good version and the only one they'll put any effort in).

Because simply put, they don't give a shit about the needs of westerners.
The MH team cares about the japanese market and their needs first, and then westerners are at the third, fourth place at best in their list of priorities, from design, to support.
It's just how it is.
And after all you can't even blame them, because MH sure as fuck didn't get big because of westerners back in the day, and especially in the PS2 era it wasn't westerners that launched this series towards the popularity that it enjoys today.

And additionally, it's biggest popularity boost in the west was with Tri, absolutely shitting up the community into a bunch of retarded shit flinging apes at the time, we almost risked becoming the Souls community 2.0.
It should really come as no surprise that they want to keep the online communities separated with japs playing among themselves.

In many ways the western MH community is seen as a smelly cash cow to be handled with gloves and a stick.

*wireless.

he could be trying out the weapon for the first time, thats why he joined lower HRs

More like a bag of pocket change that dropped into the sewer, really.

06-8720-2844-4014

Doing hr7 keys and slapping around bonesquid in a bit.

So, i'm trying to understand if Monster Hunter Online is actually any good.
I did some research and correct me if i'm wrong it features full English language but it looks still in open beta since 2013.
Also some of the bosses look tanky as hell but i dig the graphics and it would be awesome playing a free monster hunter game.

So my question sums up to this:
Is it good?
Is it better to just shill 40 bucks and get Generation instead?

not good
almost frontier-tier AoEs
english patch can't be used anymore due to anti-cheat
everything is tanky as fuck
also fatigue system + even more grind

Shit, I got too confident with that sqiud, when I did my urgent we killed it so fast it had no chance to do any laser attacks

Gotcha.
I'm only a little sad cause the engine is really good and it allowed quite of bit of weeb fanservice.
We never get that in the portable games.

Try the hunting horn, best weapon in the game.

Why are there so many rude shitters? Please, don't answer that.

join the quest and let the monster kill you

Any news on a sequel?

What the fuck, we NEED this!

34-6389-9202-8746

Trying to clear out HR5, happy to help with other quests

Don't tell anyone, but my dad works at nintendo and he told me that he heard rumors that there might actually be a new monster hunter game at some point.

Not only that, but he actually told me that there will be a new MH game on whatever new console nintendo will announce.
Can you believe it?
MH will actually get a sequel, on new nintendo hardware, how crazy and unprecedented is that?

It's just a rumor tho, take it with a grain of salt.

The bow is fucking broken, it's just that it only stands out if you use loading with it for rapid 5, granted 30 blast slapped on 230 raw with 2 slots to boot is also fucking retarded.

Monster Hunter is pretty much the only franchise that can stand toe to toe with Dragon Quest, there is basically no way it's not getting a sequel.

As long as you don't hit the head.

Is there something wrong with athena ass?
i'm at 4 star level village and i searched for set with just mounting master. It gave me a set with derring chest and gloves, plus my charm with +3 mount. why did it gave me those other terrible pieces? i get they are all 3 slots, but shouldn't it use pieces with higher defense?

i know that, i tried to change settings to see if something changed but it's still the same 3 sets

found your problem.
Does MHG nerf mounting? I never had a problem toppling anything in 4U, except sometimes with the Monoblos.

Until you can make Rodeo Jwl 1 you're pretty much screwed in the armor department.

It's because you can't yet make the jewels for the skill. Why do you even need a mounting skill? This game is easy enough as it is with all weapons being able to spam mounting attacks.

i lost my old savefile and decided to rush it with aerial SA, and was searching for skills like att up+mounting

i'm not talking about the skills, i'm saying why does it prioritize slots amout instead of defence, even when i ask him.
For example i could substitute anything for the head, still have the same skills but higher defence

I've never done a search that wasn't with everything unlocked, aside from jp DLC. So I can't tell you why it does that. I assume it's to give you room for extra skills and something in the search is busted. Here is the same search with my charms.

I mean is it staying on handheld? NX maybe? Any new things or rumors? Water coming back? Etc

NX is rumored to be a handheld/home console combination.
A new MH is going to be released but we don't know anything else.
Not a chance in frozen hell.

That's basically guaranteed, the 3DS dominates the market with the Vita running second, and telly console ports just don't make enough to be worth the time or money. Not that they need them, when Cross outsold every other game in 2015 despite only being out for about a month of that year.

Explain? You don't mean the Brachy IG, right?

You know, it always blows my mind that no one ever talks about this on gaming news sites online.
I mean sure, it got some coverage, but not even 1/1000 of the coverage western titles get when they sell big numbers in small periods of time.
It's kinda crazy that MH is exploding even more but since it's not quite in that place in the west where everyone including literal babies can pick it up and play because there's still a certain skill requirement to get hooked on it, our news sites just aren't that interested.

I don't want a Tri situation all over again, but it's insane how such a big series stays relatively niche in the west.
It's baffling, everyone knows about MH, a shit ton of people in the west play it, but it's just not "dumb" enough to become a cultural phenomenon here.
It's a series that in the west managed to walk the razor's edge between niche and popular for so many years, it's so strange to think about.

Basically, the journalists and the publishers in the West are all in one big circlejerk together working to push a particular narrative where it's all about Western games defining the industry and pushing Japan to the periphery, because that's the only way to maintain their profits. It's how the Xbox 360 managed to get treated as not just a serious contender but in many people's minds the default winner of the 7th gen despite it being in real danger of setting itself on fire for a good portion of life, and even a decade later still all but guaranteed to cannibalize it's own game discs if shifted even slightly during operation. Not even other joke consoles like the 3DO or Jaguar could lay claim to such horrendous fatal flaws, there would've been lawsuits out the ass if they had.

Also, remember when you EXPECTED consoles to have completely different libraries? The SNES and the Genesis, the N64/Saturn/PSX, and the GCN/DC/PS2 had a pretty varied spread of exclusive titles even outside of first party. Yet the 360 comes in with barely any exclusives and a library that mostly mirrors the PS3's, and no one calls it out on this? Journalists who should've been familiar with the industry over a decade or more and know how things work don't point this out and instead start spouting off as if this is a slight against the Wii for NOT having the exact same library the other two have? It's a bloody farce.

What armor should I wear for the teostra meme bow?

If the 3ds dominates the market then why the fuck would Nintendo kill it with the nx?

Storge S with a mix of other shit works.

Normal/Rapid Up
Focus
Ammo Saver
True Shot Up
Sneak
Weakness Exploit

To name some.

It's supposed to be a hybrid portable/home console thing type. Noone fucking knows yet.

Why are glaive users such shitters online?
Every time this guy mounted the monsters, he never once seemed to hold on.
It was only by dumb luck that he'd land a mount when the monster was tired enough to give it to him. Beyond that literally every time he'd get flung off.

Because it's been out for five years and the console cycle is of course bound to continue. If you mean as to why they're not making another pure handheld instead, it's basically because Nintendo's currently being run by idiot investors who want to turn Nintendo into a smartphone company.

This is a reminder that Nintendo shareholders have walked out of board meetings wondering why 'those dumb Japs kept talking about video games.'

Good thing Iwata started to buy back Nintendo shares wonder if Kimishima will continue.

I just wish they still had that sweet arrogance that came from being run by an ex-Yakuza.

DB isn't easy to use, so bug stick is the next coolest thing that dool weeld type faggots go for. It's all twirly and whatnot.

Made a room for a few hunts. Come and post your quest, HR doesn't matter.
58-1668-2289-9708
pass: 1122

If the new game looks slightly better than MHG but is super sharp and nice like MH3U I will be perfectly fine with that.

I'm perfectly fine if the game comes out on both hell I'll probably even buy 2 copies (4 if I import). I just prefer to be able to use my TV if I am sitting at home playing online with friends.

I want the NX to flop so fucking bad.
Every time Nintendo pulls off a new "revolutionary" idea it's often scrapped and put in a closet and ignored for the rest of the console's lifespan.
Why won't they just release a console with two good screens, two analogs, and fucking no useless crap like 3D.

Fuck

I'm so sick of gimmicks. Just release a proper handheld and console.

If the NX is just a portable that is designed to hook up to a television and display a proper picture along with proper controls I would be perfectly fine with that. Now NOA would also have to stop being complete shits which is far less likely to happen.

So is there an HBG in MHGenerations that's just like/similar to the Monobolos Cannon from MH4U where the main focus was on Normal/Pierce/Pellet shots and crouching fire for at least Pierce/Normal shots?

I wish deviants would have less health when you take them on solo. I'm trying to solo everything and really hitting a wall with level 5+ deviants.

So it looks like only the narga, glav, 'ian and maybe tigrex deviant armors are worth making. That's disappointing.

Also, has anyone been able to actually make a decent set using a deviant skill talisman and swapping one piece of the deviant set? Could be worth using the hellblade set with the critical eye+2 head piece I guess. They should have made it possible to get +4 of a deviant skill so you can swap out 2 pieces.

After that I deleted all of the people in my friend list barring my roomate and nephews and decide to only accept guild cards from now on. Thought I found a decent random to turn into reliable hunting bro. Shame too because this guy was actually really decent.

How does shit like this even happen?
In MH4U my only experience with friends is a couple guys that periodically join my room and they help me with whatever i got going on, and if no quest is picked, they just wait patiently.
One of them is called Aought, i bet some of you met him before

and he wasn't just going back to village to prepare for the next hunt?

In 4U all the randoms just shoved their friend requests in my face and never ever invited or joined my hubs because guess what? They were never online. Worst part is it was almost always friend requests and never giuld cards. I thought 4U opened the floodgates to the autists but holy fuck did generations prove me wrong.

I asked him if he knew there was a prep area with him telling me he knew and had to go to the village to talk to npc's I guess.

I just wanted to prove myself wrong that the majority of randoms were shitters/socially inept.

Every fucking time

I'll be your friend user.
I love doing random hunts and i craft all weapons i can so i need pretty much anything.
What rank are you?

Thanks for trying to cheer me up user, but I'm just gonna do the anonymity thing for a while. I definitely doubt anyone here is a shitter but I just need some time to recoup and for some fucking reason I keep getting disconnected from hubs mid-quest even though I pay $135 per month on just internet alone.

I'm HR 107 at the moment, but I unlocked at 85 so I haven't been in the big leagues for too long. Just enough to make and fully upgrade Storge S.

Fuck Phosgems.

I think i unlocked the rank at GC 140 because i like questing randomly.
Now i'm 222 i think so it's been about a couple hundred hours.

Dude, I had the exact same thing happen to my circle pad a month ago, a bit of hard glue and it's been fine ever since.

I know what you mean about MacGyvering Nintendo's shitty circle pads. Used to have an o3ds and the rubber pad eventually came off while the plastic underneath was slowly cracking. I would've had to do the same thing eventually if I didn't get drunk and wake up in a holding cell missing my backpack that carried my wallet, 3ds, and favorite pair of jeans for some reason. I did have the o3ds since launch so it had its run, and miraculously survived 500+ hours of 3U plus a shit ton of other games.

I pray the n3ds' pad is a bit more sturdy.

Can't really complain.
The fucker lasted me about 2000 hours before breaking.
I used to also stick coins under it so it would auto walk to hatch pokemon eggs, so i abused it quite a bit.
I'm happy it still works tbh.

could have used a lego and some rubber bands.

It was a long time ago user.
I didn't really care.
In retrospect i'd do it again. I love battlescars on my hardware, expecially the kinda that tells stories

There aren't enough letters in the alphabet to convey how much I hate hunting the nibelsnarf

Not even, the deviant armors are horribly mediocre, mid-tier defense, no slots, mish mash of skills. Even if you're super adverse to clownsuiting, you can do better than the deviant armors, and if you aren't adverse to clownsuiting you can do massively better.

Done in 7min tops.

Has Lagiacrus always had an insanely effective roar? I remember Diablos having one that was basically a sonic bomb, but Lagi's scream in this game is fucking retarded. You get stunned so long from it that it give him time to finish the roar, turn around, fully charge an electrical attack and hit you with it before you are even allowed to dodge.

I have usually had pretty good luck with the RNJesus in 4u and gen.

I laugh at everyone saying how they hunt monsters 30 times for 1 gem and I get them in 2 or 3.

I was finishing up some quests for the nice tick next to hr4, and decided to do the deliver 3 liver for an ingredient.

60 Kelbi later, 2 kutku dead and 20 mystery charms later, there's 5 minutes left with only 2 fucking livers.

I check Kiranico, and surely enough, 18% carve rate.

I literaly finished a 50 minute quest with fuck 20 seconds left.

What Eldritch Overlord did I fucking sign my soul away to in order to get this fucking shit?

none of the charms were decent, and the ingredient was sub-par.
so mad, sorry for blog post.

You've forsaken the Poogie overlords by praying to the blasphemous RNGesus.

I used to think that the desire sensor was on my side, that unlike most people i was one of the lucky few.
Then in MH3P i ended up hunting Duramboros around 100 times in a row to get a single fucking carve that just refused to drop no matter what.
That's when i understood that the desire sensor just fakes being your friend until one day it decides you're on it's shitlist.

And this isn't even as bad as it gets, i remember in the old MH threads there was this one guy that had to grind down a specific hunt for literally YEARS and he just couldn't get a specific part he was looking for, he was so goddamn unlucky he became somewhat of a recurring meme at the time.

I think it was something in MFHU, maybe Kut - Ku ears or something like that, it's been too much time so i can't remember the details anymore.

I just never focus on one monster, if I don't get the part I need after a couple hunts I start hunting something else, haven't had much trouble with RNG ever and I've played a lot.

New thread