SS13

Spacestation13 - Fallout13 is boring edition

What is Space Station 13?

SS13 is a robust multiplayer point-and-click about surviving a shift in the uniform of a NanoTrasen station employee paid solely in MEMES.

Where can I play?

CPStation is currently the primary Holla Forums server. You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience

possible. The BYOND client is presently Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE.

You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client Download - byond.com/download/

Server Info

Name: CPStation
Primary Address: 87.106.100.64:1337
SERVER IS DEAD PLS HELP email: [email protected]/* */

Wiki (Outdated)

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/7rqGS
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/
poal.me/unilkg
?
dramatica-station.wikia.com/wiki/Bans
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Downloading_the_source_code
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumping with stories

In the second pic I was the only gulaged prisoner that survived and escape that round only to die by cult.

Get on and play some ss13 nigs.

I was that warden.

There are no more autists that wanna play spessmen?

I might be on in an hour

I don't understand. SS13 hemorraged players for months to the point the servers where empty for weeks.
A new server pops up with new content related to a classic game that people like.
Player population even peaks at 20.
And you go back to regular SS13?

Is anyone surprised here? Really?

If Toddstation13 had problems, your best bet would be fixing them, not shutting the place down until some coder shows interest in a codebase that's not even being hosted anywhere and has no garantee it will be hosted in the future after he spends hours fixing it.
Or does anyone seriously expect that some random autist is just gonna come marching from the interwebs to work on a codebase that can't even be bug tested by the community? Didn't the Yao-Guai had the default description for the Space Bears? Do you think a coder would notice this any faster than a regular player playing the game?

There was even a lot of discussion in the thread about how to improve the game. A lot of wishfull thinking by non-coders, but it was still discussion (good bait for autism BTW)

Did you even seruously read what I posted last thread? You made a decision to pander to the people that think Fallout13 is boring. All 3 people in total, it seems. When the majority clearly prefered the new code and situation. Low player count is what you get for pandering to minorities that just want the same old experience all the time, way to kill the dream.

You typed that autistic paragraph and I aint even the host, I just like ss13.

And then dies with less than 5 people peak a day. Fallout 13 was great until everyone realized there was fuck all to do in it but run around, shoot people and die.

I'll hop on

Six whole jews are on. We are breaking records.

Do we have a discord yet?

Maybe I like SS13 enough to write that shit.
Didn't even implied you had anything to do with it, just mentioning the player count.

I'm sure this new iteraction of SS13 with no coder either will not suffer the same fate…
I'm sure most player don't feel the same way about current SS13 either, especially in a low population server when they could join any other that offers the same shit but with more players…

Spessmen, spessmen, can't you see?

You know we would not even need that good of a coder if we had a dedicated owner, all you need to do is go raid other serves for new shit and just compile a unholy stitched together serb.

Or… You can go play VG and get exactly what you are describing.
Besides, things aren't that simple. You actually need a coder to steal code because most things aren't a direct port, you need to adapt the code to whatever you are using. Every coder does things his own way and in two codebases you'll have the same function but declared with a different name and somewhere else in the hierarchy.

Owners are either coders or the best they can do is get the entire codebase and play there instead.

ICKY OCK be damned, this was hilarious

I was lead to believe it was more like modules that can be switched and shit, oh well.

hopping on

A proper round for once.

Ick in my Ock?
BAN HE

we need more fuel tanks, stat

GOOD LORD, THIS CAPTAIN IS RAVENOUS FOR COCK

Someone just left supermatter shards laying around cargo. I got atomized when I ran into one cutting through to the main hall.

This round is gold

MEMES

I was the HoS, and I was the condom who hauled your ass from space and got you cloned. Then you ignite plasma in the fucking shuttle.

I couldn't help it, the round was too far gone to resist.
I didn't kill anybody, at least.

Since people might want to shit post and argue with me about code that gets implemented.

discord.gg/7rqGS

Join and post green texts until I come back online

med borg dakimura where

I still got all the files I drew

thats were the rest of us begin my man, just hop into the fire and learn while you burn.

1. obsess over the wiki

2. learn the retarded hand-switching mechanics

3. go into engineering and activate the singularity

That's the first step on a long, gay journey.

I am really bad at antagonist and I apologize for this round being incredibly boring.

Heard you like space songs.

I got memed on in the first five minutes. You are fine.

If you cannot complete your objectives then murderbone the fuck out of the station so we can get a shuttle call

Listen to this smart guy>>10457897

lol

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

EVERY
THREAD

I know exactly who it was, because after I suicided, I watched you.

What a boring round, i swear to god.

LIGGER REVOLUTION WHEN?

Fuck man, now I need to find this album to download. Youtube quality isn't enough for me

Newround

Oh hey, that was you?

Why didn't you flood the station with plasma, man?

I wasn't the antag, but I'm currently trying to set up a foolproof way to blow the station to smithereens with fuel tanks and timed grenades as the trigger

Then why didn't the AI ratted you out?

I was "chasing down" the guy doing all those shuttle calls, AI didn't suspect a thing.

Commendable autism, my dude.

So last round I was the Chemist and I was a changeling.

I monkeyed into the Captain's room to get his pinpointer and left as fast as possible. I turned it on and it turned out the Medical Doctor with blond hair that spent the entire round trying to deligger everyone had it. There was just so much traffic in genetics that I couldn't attack her.

I haven't played in 3 months and I am very confused right now.

is the discord still a thing?

Sec in a nutshell. EVERY FUCKING TIME

Incidentally, I penned this ages ago, but now that server is dead [good riddance], and so no longer exists.
May have to pen it again. Best thing I ever did, as a librarian. Unless you count that one other time I started a gang that took over the station, murdered sec, and nearly blew everyone up.
To be fair, I just stayed in my library, while everyone else went mad.

Is this the station some user was modding (maybe a year ago) to have waifu pillows and all sorts of other shit?
I just found these trolling through my folders and it reminded me.

Speaking of every time, yeah that's how it goes.
Server starts up, server goes to shit, everyone swears off SS13 for a while, new server pops up months later and we all get roped back in.

VORE CODE FOR LIGGER X XENO ANAL VORE UNBIRTHING WHEN

Just perfect.

That's what I did, though

can I get a new link?

Nigga that was me

He actually didn't, I just fucked off and killed an engineer and a geneticist after that, then killed myself once shuttle left

Fuck

Welcome to CancerStation, Captain Singuloth manning the bridge.

Glorious

This just in from Sierra.
Zaers has returned and is now a coder.
I have removed the Koriath pool from the codebase.
Hopefully Zaers will work on some cool shit in the future but I cannot confirm nor deny it.

If anyone wants to PR anything here is the github

Hey lads, glad to see the server still up, I don't get a lot of time to play anymore but I'll have a few gameswith you lads.

why

Spaghetti code and should people want a pool something coded in a more "clean" fashion would be more suitable.

C'mon, the pools were one of the few decent things to come out of Koriath, and they weren't abused by pretty much anyone.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.
I enjoyed good hatestation as much as anyone but a slippery slope hit its end with those pools.

Nigger, you're removing something fun and unique out of the game for no fucking reason

They initially were, but were forgotten about until I remembered monkey bombs. Perfect way to grief a station, and its far simpler than breaking into toxins.

So many times I held the station hostage with my monkeys or griefed it for fun, but to my defence. Hatestation was nearly dead at this point, so I justify my shittery by adding a mix up to things.

see

And if you would read. I removed it because the code was ineffective at best. Should something work better I will gladly reinstate the stations clown drowning room.

You're everything that's wrong with ss13 servers and more, you do know that we mock /tg/ for doing this shit right?

Literally the best coder we ever had, fucking noice.

MAKING PIZZASTATION GREAT AGAIN

Clicking is hard.

Didn't mean to reply to that, oops

DOOMSTATION user RETURNS WHEN

dumping shit i made back on /vg/ station in like 2012

Nurglestation>DoomStation

MY GREENTEXT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am sorry. I cannot deal with the autism that is Nanotransen Powerpoint.

As the ling librarian that round i feel this pain

Nigger, you don't understand.

Some godly user was re-making SS13 in the Build Engine using DOOM.

It could have worked fine

IF THE FUCKING DRAMAFAGS DIDN'T SHIT UP THE THREADS AND MADE HIM LEAVE WITH NO WAY TO CONTACT HIM

Round was actually shaping up to be a little interesting tbh.

allow me to assist

They did destroy the older serbers tbh.

Nigger they were the reason all the stations failed and the threads stopped for a while.

ergo, they're the reason.

Only pizza, and that's because someone got a weak ass doxx on riesen

I hate to begin this shit on such a clean thread, but it was gitgud that made the stations fail and the threads stop.

is there anything more fun then getting fully kitted out with weapons/armor/tools 5 minutes into the game?

I'd say the whole Metabuttbuddy spam helped destroy them too to be honest there mate.
A lot of drama that drove away people especially when griefing started happening a lot too.

Jon 'Gas the Vox' Kimple did literally nothing wrong

New shift. Get in here, spessmen.

Being a telesci and swiping the spare at round start right in front of a pissed off assistant who threatens you over PDA

Literally as rare as meeting Doctor Who in a obscure unpopular timeline

If CPstation is down what server are you playing on?

cpstation is online fam

I had a spreadsheet with auto calced adjustments for points of interest and a full map of the station…

I deleted it like a dumbass need to make it again

How dare you remind me of these unrobust times.

They said it was a dead game.
They said it couldn't be done.
We did it spessmen.

Too bad Gawker is stronger than ever now.

PRAISE AMMIT

see

Fucking spics.
Maybe Trump will take care of them, who knows?

I think its been more than enough time for this to not be ick ock anymore right?

We were welcomed with our first ban.
CKEY: T_Wiz63645
A mommi was making escape pretty with uranium and plasma tiles.
Turns out a stray cigarette lit the whole joint up.

Spoke with him about the unintentional law break.
Handed out a 1 hour silicon ban to teach our boy a lesson. He took it well and started reparing his mistake.

Gawker literally has ten times more money than what they did before this shit started.

you betcha

A few random ideas I had that may or may not be good.

Obviously this wouldn't be tracked towards lethal damage (so things that assume all damage is lethal and check for a magic number might need to be reworked). However, if a character takes 100 stun damage, or their stun damage exceeds their current health, they fall to the floor, stunned. At this point, stun damage is rapidly removed (say 10 or 20/tick) until they can stand again.

This would be useful because you could then adjust stun timers on different weapons simply by adjusting the stun damage they do. Stun batons could apply like 200, guaranteeing that the target is dropped, at the risk of going melee (doing harm intent would result in brute damage, which would end up reducing the stun threshold). Tasers could apply perhaps 140 damage, stun rifles could do like 80. Because it's a damage type, different armors could mitigate some damage by a percentage or flat amount; thick clothing or a hardsuit might offset some stun damage, preventing it from dropping you immediately.

I've always felt that nutrition could be more useful as a game mechanic. This could affect a few hidden variables, such as stun recovery, resistance to diseases, blood recovery, and so on. It wouldn't be necessary to autistically track it, but it would allow for other mechanics to interact with it. Just eating a few things normally would probably suffice.
If a disease symptom was to remove nutrition, then it would make the character perhaps slower, harder for them to recover, and more susceptible to other diseases. One specific idea I had was that nutrition could be tracked on a scale of 0 to 100; if you lost blood somehow, as it regenerates, it would reduce nutrition per tick (the idea being that your body is consuming nutrients to create more blood).

I'd like to point out that this may have been okay.

My understand is that mommis cannot "concern themselves with other beings". What I take this to mean is that they are bound to the station and should thus ignore everything and try to repair and fix things that are not actively being worked on by a human.

Thus, taking the prerogative to "upgrade" departures wouldn't necessarily be bad in and of itself, even though the material wasn't exactly safe.

Law 2 states you may not harm any being regardless of intent or circumstance.
I'd take it as given that upgrading departures with uranium and plasma clearly breaks that law.
To think of it, you could make a case for a MoMMI starting the singularity as breaking law 2 just on the risks the sing represents if it was to later get loose, but that would be the height of autism and I don't think any admin would ever persue that.

Borg Asimov are operating on an approximation of the Gaia lawset. MoMMis have a logical inconsistency in that they do not need to take actions to prevent harm, but rather they cannot actively harm. Improvement constitutes "Improvement for the general station", so you can justify some shittery, but not all.
Uranium tiles? Probably not. Additional access hatches in unconventional locations and a fully functional "trash removal system"? Sure!
Convert the Abandoned Office into a secret fort full of maybe not secured Science equipment? Sure!

zaers is the #1 nigga
there is no memes or drama surrounding zaers
zaers just chills the fuck out and codes

a very good sign

there is hope

Fuck yes Cuban pete, and the mask soundtrack noice!

poal.me/unilkg

REAL FUCKING IMPORTANT POLL COMING THOUGH

resounding no on /vg/ for a day. More time to improve our own code I guess.

/tg/ medical is such crap, it's just health bars for brute, burn and toxin. We really need something better.

Be fair warned you may end up with something like this.

The other medical systems are full of busywork though, I think I'd rather have healthbars than busywork.

what did they mean by this?

Server updated:
SpaghettiScience added as super comfy midimin
Zaers has been working on bug fixes to make ss13 look a little more slick.
We are also considering implementing an improvement to the breaker boxes.

return the nose you stole this instant, taffer!

Fixed it.

That's better

real "fun"

Bump

Low effort image and edits. The nose is best part of the image tbh.

The webcam is so she can show us her tits

REALIZISM
E
A
L
I
Z
I
S
M

Do internet comic writers actually do this? Do they expect to not get caught or are they so fucking hipster, they think it's cool?

The fuck is the image on the left… and what's the joke about 14 genomes and not wearing an ID card?

end of the round stats for an antagonist role. he went way overkill with one goal and ignored another one.

it's bait

I've had a similar thing happen to me as well.

Do you just need "an" ID card with the proper name/role on it, or do you need the original one they started with?

the one they started with.

GET IN NOGS WE NEED MORE PEOPLE

any decent servers?

Server address in the OP.

how do i specify the port? i always join into servers by pasting the IP into the address bar

Just paste 87.106.100.64:1337 into the address

Do what said

You know how links start with ? You can actually use byond:// as a protocol before the IP either in the url bar or as a shortcut on your desktop. If byond is installed it will launch the client aitomatically.

A cool thing with ports is that you could have two servers with same IP and different ports but a different port means a different connection

FUCK YOU

JEB! 2016

Lifeweb server when

never, randy will never release the code because he makes big shekels hosting the only serb.

Randstein is being a joker, and most of the time and effort he spent was getting his old 2011 codebase up to the level of the recent goon release. All of his textures and items can be ripped straight from party and are already online, and I'm sure between us all we could add in dicks, shit, piss, guts and combat.

This could be the project that puts 8ch/v/ on the map! Just kidding, we should release it as Ned Butt.

I personally read that as a "Don't make the station unsafe you fucking ass", myself.
Basically reading it as "don't endanger the lives of the crew through leaving an airlock open" type of rule

How many players do you get typically now?

We get a comfertable 10+ during murican playing hours.
Right nowe we have 13 at round start.
It seems to be pretty stable sometimes peaking up to 24 at its highest

why do my pop up interfaces keep drifting down and to the right? they keep disappearing on me it's fucking annoying

Good to see the new Holla Forums server picking up its numbers

Our timing was very lucky.
Zaers came back
People played the fallout server.
Honestly I wasn't expecting things to go as well as they have.

Wut
What's the point of stabilizer?

Heat it afterwards with another beaker full of water maybe?

you need to heat up the stabilized regent to above 474 kelvin to get it to assplode. The easiest way is to fill another beaker in the grenade with tungsten heated up as much as possible.

How do I heat up the tungsten? Just pop it in the heater?

I didn't know that sort of interaction existed, that's handy

Pretty much, just put the beaker in the heater and then crank it up to max power, and let 'er rip before packaging and chucking at an unaware greytider.

Yeah just use the heater, you can also heat up the nitro to just under 474 K if you want to use less of the other regent to push it over the edge. It can be any chemical though.

Friendly reminder that no server is boring, it is
YOU
who is boring.

At least you didn't forget to set the emitters for singuloth, releasing it into space as the CE and didn't tell anyone and just set up solars whilst it ate a portion of the station, then drifted off harmlessly into space.
Although ending the universe is probably worse.

Sorry for the boring round. I'm not good at being an interesting antag, especially if there's cyborgs around and my targets bugger off to the mining asteroid.

ah, that reminds me.
Someone gave the janitor objectives to keep throwing a piece of paper at me till I burnt it.
Funny, i was thinking of doing that but I didn't have a lighter on me, so i just put it in my inventory.

I remember watching that happen once, with some ligger engineer.
Never trust a ligger. Notoriously lazy shits, and incompetent on top of that.
Incidentally, do not trust a fly doctor, as well. Less lazy, more assishness, and doubly incompetent.
Shadows were always nice, but they break every single light. Slimepeople are xenophiles, and podpeople are fruits.
Sadly, we do not have space gypsies.

BYOND freaks out when you have 2 monitors like that.
Sad truth is to unplug your second monitor my dude.

are you certain?

Yeah, I've had dream daemon (program for hosting servers) go off my screen at 0, 0 because of two monitors. It's just things like your PDA, APC, air alarms and such right? The main game stays fine but all the interfaces go off screen.

I've also had players ahelp about shit not appearing and I told them to unplug their second monitor if they had one to see if it fixes it. It usually does.

Bump

Low population radio is being aired if you want to join this is prime time.
Small population. Music. Max comf.

After little deliberation, I have decided to shut down newstation. It's been a fun ride but I realized that it's fucking dead and I'm not autistic enough to operate a space station server by myself anymore. If anyone wants to join me for a final round/q&a session feel free to do so. However, after today the server is going down for good.

R.I.P m8

Fuck you nerd

BigSlice. You did well. Thank you for filling the time between Hate and CheesePizza.
We are listening to sad music this shift in honour of you. A pleasure.

F

Fun round.

That's weird.

Though I'd attribute it to Windows itself. Ever tried opening several instances of a program? It moves down and right several pixels, too. Especially annoying with cmd/scripting programming.

Is Serb down?

Here's to you, Clown and Mime
Rest forever here in our hearts
The last and final moment is yours
That agony is your triumph

( )7

Anyone else want to see a change to chemistry? Not necessarily a change to recipes but just stuff to make it more logical.

For example the chem dispenser has a number of basic elements but then it has a bunch of stuff like sulfuric acid and welding fuel and ethanol and sugar. It always felt like the two should be separated.

Ideally the UI would list the 120 or so real chemicals with a square button and labelled with the two letter chemical name, arranged to resemble to periodic table. In the case of things that can't be dispensed (eg Uranium or Gold) the button can be present but non functional and greyed out.

It'd be fine to limit the system to organic chemicals plus a few select metals but no reason you couldn't eg make things behave the same if they're in the same column. This IS supposed to be an autism simulator

dramatica-station.wikia.com/wiki/Bans
Does this guide work? I want to see if I can crash goonstation with no survivors

Code it in then.
:^)

This is how to ban evade yes.
Until a better solution to the shitty sticky bans is created all us admins can do is cry while people edit text files to evade bans.

I actually have three monitors, and I found out the interfaces don't drift when I play on the main one

ICK OCK
but this round is pretty rad

Yeah no you faggots don't understand how to play this game, enjoy the server being dead in another week and wondering what happened.

Like how the fuck do you niggers lack this much awareness?

bad time to log on and ignore the death all around you

People like you are the reason the other servers died, you and the rules to protect your fragile little ass. Hang yourself.

Oh look its the meta gaming faggot who plays with his other buttbuddy.

This game has rules and space law for a reason, its not your little playground to grief for the fun of it, do you understand how games like this work.
There is a reason /tg/ has a server and Holla Forums didn't

KEK
THE SALT
I was wondering how long it would take for the drama faggots to arrive.

Only if there's an AI, and in the round you just got ganked in it was dead.

m8, the clean up squad aka ert aka death squad was cleaning up after a blob and a gang and brain slugs, you're just a faggot tbh who can't handle dying in a dying in spess simulator game.

THE BUTTBUDDY COMPLAINER DRAMA CREATOR WHO CAN'T HANDLE DYING RETURNS! HEY GUY HOWS THE AUTISM?
To be honest lad we don't want you, you fucked the last few servers by spreading lies and drama tbh.
Go fuck yourself.

Of course your not addressing the point.

Drama faggots is the server hosts fued which I'm still blessed to be ignorant of.

The bottom line is that this game is filled with faggots who want to "win" and not play, every game is filled with normal civilians not traitors finding any excuse to murder bone.

Every fucking time its all the fucking same, constant justifications and endless excuses.
Then a week later the server is dead.

How does this fucking escape you, can you explain it?
How the fuck does the server die several times due to lack of people playing THEN DENY any fucking problem with the community?

So you admit I'm right?
You are the meta gaming faggot?

Top reddit, brah.

To be honest mate I die a lot as a civvie and I don't complain, maybe it's time you stopped complaining about being murdered by a death squad yeah? It's their job.
Yours is to be a civvie, shit happens you just happened to join at the tail end of a several hour long round.
Also m88 it's people like you who purposefully try to kill servers because you can't handle dying, which happens in this game, a lot, get fucking used to it or fuck off to bay and be with hardcore rpers who enjoy being hugboxed.
You're acting like a 5 year old.

What happened with you made sense in the context of the round if you dont like it then dont play. Considering you never Ahelped and immediately left after no one would back up you in that salty rant kinda tells me you just want to stir shit.

Why is this thread always the worst one on Holla Forums

It was actually pretty nice until the one salty autist showed up.

I'm not a metagaming faggot, to be honest m8, and I despise metagamers but you jumping to conclusions like that makes me think that you're just projecting or are a little insecure buttmad little bitch.
Bringing up gripes from servers long past you fucking little bitch.
Go back to /tg/ to be honest mate, you're just a shit stirrer and should fuck off.
You do this every time we have a server and shit stir and shit stir more until you fracture the user base, why not piss off and go piss off those in the minetest thread like you were the other day you little whiny bitch.

top tier round, in any case

no AI to announce you arrived
centcomm rep said to shoot you
I shot
seeing the level of sheer rage you're producing from that I don't regret it one bit

Yeah because /tg/ station is the epitome of what a server should be. Go be a turbofaggot AI over there if you like it so much, except you can't the AI was removed for stopping retarded players like yourself from winning all the time.

I guess I don't see it on the front page unless a lot of autism is happening.

Wizard round soon?

This. I just try to die in interesting ways. Observing can be fun anyway, if you can enjoy just seeing an interesting game rather than >muh greentext
Plus it gives you the opportunity to spawn as an alien/blob/whatever during adminshittery.

Too right lad, some people take this game way too seriously or just do their best to ruin it for others, which is bullshit, but as a ghost you get to watch interesting shit and spawn as cool shit.
I was once spawned as sexpolice to murder erpers back with nel.

Can concur, some of the sickest rounds I've had were ones where I died early

All hyperbole which is either strawmen or taking out of context.
I'm only discussing the 8chans servers.
I have a pretty good memory about shit that doesn't matter, so I remember at least 3 different threads where the discussion and BEGGING to set up a new server was discussed.

When it comes to the game everything is a matter of opinion and perspective, however the facts are this.
The 8chans servers have died multiple times, many of you don't even remember the first Holla Forums server a year and half ago when exodus first happened.

The same fucking shit always happens, new players come on, everyone is excited that of a new game with depth, people get familiar and without caring about the basic self regulating mechanics of the game try to "win"
Which often results in griefing players with poor justification or meta-gaming.

The last 3 threads that have been started in every thread, the only posts I made were asking that people didn't fucking going on murder rampage because they COULD.

The reasons the server will continue to flare up then die is because everyone gets together after a drought, plays, gets tired of the same shit happening, new players get turned off, and then everything drops off.

The cycle repeats.

New round. Heres hoping its as interesting as the last one.

WEWyou sure are an oldfag buddy old pal of mine, who played on pizza station and hate station and probably firestation, you blatantly don't remember the amount of hosts /vg/ went through before finding pomf. hint there were fucking loads of them.

Why are you so fucking angry?
Why is discussing this shit so fucking taboo, why all the passive aggressiveness?

Careful user, you might kill the server by annoying the shitter!

Also I'm depriving you of (you)s lad because I can tell it gets under your autistic skin.
Want to talk about drama? You say /tg/ is so much better than here why not go back? Perhaps you are banned form there because of autism?
Why not go to baystation? You seem the right kind of autistic to go there with your hardcore roleplaying complaints.
You literally joined a station at the arse end of a 3 hour round, when a death squad was there, read that again.
A death squad, do you know what a death squad is and what it does?
Do you? Cause it doesn't look like you do.
I'm not even mad here I'm just exasperated that there exists a person so autistic as to not grasp a simple concept, you are also the one bringing up old shit, which you used to do in the old threads too, which you gave yourself away with by claiming anyone who disagreed with you was a metabuttbuddy.
Why not go to /vg/ if you hate this server so much?
Why not go to /tg/?
Or goonstation?
Or Bay?
Or Hippie?
I don't know if Nox is still around but why not try that place out?
Could it be that you're banned from everywhere because of how shit you are and for the constant drama you create?
Because that's the impression I'm getting, the threads were going great until you showed up with your salty little itch attitude, and frankly none of us will miss you if you fuck off, so please do so.
Go to /vg/ or /tg/ you might fit in there, or perhaps bay if you can put up with their erp shit.

Do I NEED a VPN? Every time I try to connect I get this

let it boot m8

The only people who think someone arguing with them is mad are usually upset people without a rebuttal projecting their own frustration with their poor rhetoric.

Where did I say this? I said /tg/ had a long RUNNING server which was at some point decent.
There is a fine balance between gameplay roleplaying and fun
Again show me where I said I liked Baystation?
Do you see how much of your argument depends on things that were never mentioned?

Baystation has the same problem, except with admins helping their friends, and them ignoring brand new players playing HOS or Captain.

Now you accuse me of drama when my only accusation was people are to quick to murderbone and jump to conclusions despite being "veterans" that have played these things, so why are they so startled by common events?

The server drama where people where discussing splitting servers every thread and bitching about server quality is more drama then me discussing problems with the server.

I think the reason you are getting so booty blasted is that I'm starting to make sense and that would make you wrong.

try this post:

Also in all honesty, /tg/ has a massive problem with people befriending admins and often erping with them for favours especially on /tg/2.
It's why I left that shithole, it was always that way.
I said you may like it due to you complaining about lack of roleplay and people playing to win when very few actually play to win. Most take it as a ride and die and are chill with it, you're the only one to complain in thread about dying for a long time, showing how salty you are being.
Baystation had the same problems as /tg/ but /tg/ wouldn't admit it.
Also my answer to your accusations of people being quick to murderbone, do some people murderbone? Yes, does it ruin the round? Not really, sometimes shit happens, I don't see people complaining about vending machines killing them in the thread, and those killed the vast majority of people in that round by stun locking them.
There are new players here too which I believe you are trying to turn them off the game with your shitty little bitch attitude towards the game because you can't handle dying, even if the ERT didn't kill you the blob that round would have.
Yeah granted but you fuel it and shit stir, leading to it being more common, it's typical for banned shitters to shit stir as they always have i.e. honkette or FREEKINGSTON
etc.
I'm not even booty blasted here mate, I've told you why you're wrong and you refuse to see it, you're either trolling us and trying to fuck with the thread or are genuinely mentally deficient who likes calling others mad when you're most likely having an embolism.

It's been like that for about 10 minutes. Goon station isn't gonna kill it's self ya know … or will it?

Once again a presumption, you assume I'm mad, you assume I've said other servers are better when I've said nothing remotely close to it, and you assume you've won an argument which was never an argument to begin with but criticism of the server backed by the fact the server had died several times now.

This isn't rocket science.

You claimed /tg/ was better matey.
Read your own post.

I'm not saying and never said there wasn't a problem with the community, because with SS13 there are always turbo autists who cause issues, currently being you.
Also you're the one who was very presumptuous, here let me find you your post:

Or this one:

See how I never denied there were issues with the community, I merely stated you were blowing them out of proportion and were booty blasted, which due to the amount of salt you posted in OOC in the server and then on this thread, I'm justified in thinking so.
Here's another post of yours where you decide to be presumptuous:

Firstly, originally pomf came with us and transferred /vg/ to us but wound up being unbanned and couldn't handle the lack of players as we rebuilt our userbase.
Secondly we did build up a server but problems happened and nel was no longer able to host.
For an "oldfag" you sure leave a lot of missing details and make a lot of presumptions while proclaiming others to.
You're still making mountains out of molehills here though, you died once, to an ERT/DEATHSQUID who were purging the station to contain a blob and to end the round that had been going on for hours, you ignored these facts and started shitting up the thread.
Now you're attempting to claim intellectual superiority because someone called you on it.
Honestly friendo griefers and powergamers and metagamers can be dealt with, either by the crew lynching the shit out of them or the admins gibbing them and/or banning them.
These things work themselves out and then the banned shitter will be in the thread advocating a change of host or trying to get someone de-adminned and acusing people of being meta butt buddies just like you did earlier.

its good to be back tbh

fagnigger gets dunked on by round end shenanigans and cries. you got smoked by deaf squid. deal with it gay nerd

do abductors work? can i put nasty bugs in peoples butts now?

What do i absolutely need to know before starting?

How to move and not beat yourself to death with a cigarette packet.
Honestly play as cargo tech to begin with and look at the wiki.

the controls. that's it. Knowing how to interact with objects and people is essential. If you're worried about responsibility, it's possible to set up a local server and fiddle around on it. I personally opted to learn how to set up singularity this way because I'm a babby.

I'm sorry HoS, a janitor gotta do what a janitor gotta do.
Though in my defense I was used to victims of the sacrifice to drop soul stones when the runes were activated, I wanted to turn you in my personal tool of destruction, not just kill you for maybe a word.

The rune still tries to drop a stone when used, it happened to the chaplain

Why?

I get off for one night and this is the thread I come back to.
It took shitposters what, 4 days, to come back?
Classy.

Wew more shitposting.

Can the admin add more roundtypes for lowpop? Adbuctor is never on, neither is 3-man Nukeops or a natural Blob at 10 players, and those play perfectly fine with player deficit.

I will work on reconfiguring them now.
Will be pushed for tonights shifts

WEW lads didn't take long for shitposters to return, I thought we'd get more than a few weeks before they reared their head but our first 20 man round and here they are like clockwork.

Server restarting running the FUN gamemodes update.

That was a ganster

So what's exactly being developed for the new seb? Any new stuff? Porting any shit from other stations?

Don't worry, I lurk most of the SS13/Doom threads on both halfchan and here, I just don't post unless there's a discussion which I find interesting or if I have some particularly significant progress to show off. I know better than to constantly shitpost test videos with little actual content when most of the current work is on raw code and mechanics and thus not very interesting to look at.

Webm related is an example, it started a flamewar on halfchan's /ss13g/ because people there still think that I'm trying to make a pure deathmatch WAD and nothing more, and because alpha footage looks janky as fuck - if anyone wants, I can flip on the debug visuals and slow down bullet speed so you can have an idea of what's actually happening. Ballistics themselves work relatively well at this point, so barring a few touchups on explosives and energy weapons, I can move on from combat and get back to something more spessman related like power or construction or jobs. Having functional health and damage systems comes in handy when you're trying to follow the spirit of proper SS13 work safety.

Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions/requests, or call me a jew at your leisure, I'll be around to read it at some point.

unsurprising
progress looks good, have you got limitations on noise range, and do walls block/reduce it? some changes would be necessary to fully emulate ss13 style audio, I imagine. Similarly, slightly slower projectiles would match up better. All in all, that's just piddlyshit, keep up the great work.

Keep up the good work ya filthy jew

Okay

I need step-by-step instructions on how to fork the current codebase we're using on Hatestation(?)

And how to set up a local server for testing

Top right > clone/download > download zip
refer to this to set up a server
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Downloading_the_source_code

So if I make a push request, that's the codebase our server is actively using?

I'm very much looking forward to doing sound polish since there's a surprising amount of functionality in the engine for it, but right now it's very barebones and sounds are just the raw originals for the most part. There's some neat stuff like basic 3D sound and area reverbs included by default, which is nice, on top of random pitch shifting :^).

Expect things like bullet speed and accuracy and so on to change heavily when it actually hits testing. The weapons are mainly in there at the moment to ensure that sec can actually do something in gamemodes.

What are your plans for atmosia?

Like I'm confused here
The filelist hasn't been updated in 2 years in some cases, but some updates were a few days ago?

>github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/
>But also links to github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station which is apparently a different branch?

I just want to fuck around and improve things but setting up the environment is retarded.
Also GitHub is SJW apparently so I can't just download everything and upload individual files?

There's a very basic gas dispersion system in place which works okay for breathing and canisters, but not much else at the moment. I would like to improve on it, but pipes are going to be tricky and I'd rather add pressure and independent vents/scrubbers first before adding in more dedicated autism features.

Power and machinery are much the same way - simple enough to get working on a basic level, but handling connections and wiring takes a bit more effort. Maybe once the 'wireless' version works in both cases, but I don't want to add further network bloat by spawning six million wire actors yet.

Most systems are probably going to remain relatively unpolished until traitor is playable, at which point it makes sense to flesh out each department further and add content.

My advice is to think of it as a network of features, rather than individual pipes or tiles.

Imagine the medbay cryo pipes. A "network" might be as simple as two injectors (an in/out mechanism), several connecting pipes, and the cryotubes themselves. That way you don't need to worry about how individual pipes are networked, and you can deal with it in chunks.

Obviously things needs to be updated as switches are toggled or elements are added.

YOU'RE ALIVE. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME.

Also, how goes the grabbing and such. I remember you showing a webm of you pushing some faggot bot out of an airlock.

I got really lucky with that pulse rifle

This sounds interesting and could be worth looking into among other solutions once I start setting up the map-wide systems - at the moment, a lot of things are independent actors with mostly encapsulated functionality, and the nature of Doom's game object definitions means they can already interact with each other to a decent degree without any further scripts required (although there are some limitations, not to mention the dreaded TID juggling). The latter mostly becomes useful once you start having to worry about keeping things stable on a larger scale, as well as functions that alter map geometry.

Blackout soon, fellow spessman.

The old hand/intent system is still in there, but needs to be cleaned up. While I'm mostly satisfied with the rest of the current weapon code, I still need to make basic unarmed interaction and intent swapping feel more intuitive, not to mention item use. It'll come, I just need to make sure the right prerequisites are in place first.

mimebro
you were a traitor's assassination target. if you had stuck around a little longer you would have got revived since we found your body.

If Newstation is dead,
do we take over the wiki for cheesepizzastation?

the wiki has applied to pretty much every iteration since and including Hate because it's not terribly updated. Personally I haven't contributed in forever because of shifting servers means contributions risk being rendered worthless.

I still think the #1 thing to make is a really in-depth handholding guide for new players. Something with nice little .webms showing them what to do.

It was okay / 10

Which was caused by a (non-emagged) MoMMI releasing the singularity and throwing a supermatter shard into it because he was bored.

I'm sure death by syndicate bomb is a glorious one

Actually, I was the tator and overloaded the singularity on purpose to force the shuttle call. No idea how the shard got there, though.

Do we have a highres map of the station that includes eg breaker boxes and such?

New ban added.

SierraChan has added a JOB_TEMPBAN for tironatola (Syndicate) (1440 minutes) with the reason: "See notes attack_log = /list (161)" to the ban database.

1 week antag ban. Ban took begrudgingly.

Check for the result of this story.

Shame the server isn't being run like Holla Forums servers used to be. Seems like this will end up in a /tg/ situation where memeing and big gags will end up in bans.

This tells a story.

That sounds like utter rubbish, to be honest. Frankly, you seemed to really skirt the line, probably a little over, but overall still fun and shit.
Also, it says 'syndicate'? Is that as in only banned from syndies, or am I reading that wrong

Banned as antag in general.
Yeah Skirt the line when? When the guy starts atacking me and dies as a result? or when turning a guy into a chimp and him running off?
Many greater and a lot more fun things have happened in the old Holla Forums servers. One that most might remember because it was beaten to death was the Hot Sauce clown running around distributing extinguishers and coming around later with a flamethrower. Sometimes people died but I doubt it ever ended in a ban.

Were you antag when you did that? Seems like an odd thing to ban you from. I'd've expected ban from medical.

Anyway, on the 'skirt the line' bit, I was mostly thinking "not giving the capn' back his ID", and maybe a little bit the "kidnap sec guy and turn into ape" but I'm not big on that because of him being a fucking asshole.

But you are right, people need to be more relaxed.

No I was not the antag if I was I wouldn't be reviving people, neither would I be worried about turning the sec guy back into a human.
Also given the fact that I stayed in jail some 10-15 minutes for screaming black lives matter to the sec when the highest sentence before execution is 5 minutes (granted he did put in 7 but power went out) really ends up seeming like the sec guy wasn't exactly a ripe apple.
And the ID thing was mostly to hunt Harambe. The capt had he not tried to kill me as soon as he was free and just janitored a bit would have probably been able to come up with a mob to take it from me and kill me, if I wouldn't have given it to him earlier.

Eh, ten minutes is fine you ask me, depending on the crime. Though, the way you described it, the only crime seemed to be refusing a search, which is most certainly not a ten minute crime.
I use ten minutes now and again for anything aggressive but not worthy of being executed. Basically, beating the fuck out of someone with a weapon, attacking sec, stealing something majorly important. Mind, only in multiple cases.

Regardless, though, sec guy still sounds like shit, and I would say your actions following are, while maybe not "justified" properly, understandable.
Pretty much the only thing I got issue with is the capn's ID, but even then, I'd not really call that "ban worthy".

A little explaination.
Through how little information the attacklog gives about monkeys and ghetto cryoing, Not showing the ckey of the monkey nor seeing the ghetto cryoing as "healing" not an attack.
I am loweing the ban to 1 day and will be instead banning him from medical as suggested here

To whoever was the security.Learn spess law you autistic shitlord.

People just get so buttmad when they get robusted as "the authorities" because "Waaa that geneticist didn't comply with what I said and I got myself robusted while trying to uphold it" thing is in the past admins would just scoff at that and laugh at the guy being robusted.
Yeah exactly I have no special problem with outrageous sentences as I have no special problem with the clown after establishing a whole story to come by and murder me, but putting into perspective if you're gonna cookie cutter it I'm just saying.

Anyway after seeing my post of the greentext the admin has changed the sentence see which I find very good. and does calm my autism with the whole /tg/ thing.

Yep, pretty much. Jailing for ages over rubbish is just a flat dick move, and should result in you getting your shit kicked in as a result. Just because you are in a position of authority doesn't mean acting like an asshole is okay. If you act like an asshole, people will try their hardest to screw you over back.

Reminds me of that lawyer thing a while back, where the capn and company tried to arrest most of security on account of acting like massive tools.
Huuuuuuge butthurt in the thread as a result from them. Massive. Literally over 200+replies from single posters, back and forth, over the lot. And the thing was, the round was actually really fun as a result. Things were pretty neat. Warden was the only odd man out on account of getting squashed apparently by the prison mining shuttle, but everyone else pretty much either broke out or got broken out within the next five minutes. Made the round interesting. Got an ERT team, too, over it. Although, they didn't do much.

Yeah I'm happy it got sorted out a bit still find the ban a bit too much tho but i'm not one to complain.
And yeah regarding your story I do admit the gag fell a bit short and not exactly as intended in my mind. As I had seen it I would get the monkey as soon as I turned him invite the crew to see harambe and laugh and kick him a bit and mid that use an injector on him and turn him back with the moral "now you know what being black is like #harambelivesmatter"
That all went to shit when he escaped which ended up with me going to get the capts ID to find him, not giving it back and having to kill the capt again because he started atacking me finally finding Harambe but in bad shape which led me to go and quickly get him turned back instead of rallying the crew which ended up in me reviving the capt again and finally getting killed, had I not gotten killed the gag would have ended there and I would most likely put up a useless fight of running around the station and tripping people until I got caught and executed by the station but the RD killed me first.

And I remember the story you're talking about that was fucking hillarious.

You were incredibly unfun and a complete shitter from my perspective.
You cuffed me immediately after I was cloned and left me stuck in the operating table where I was unable to do anything. I didn't even try to fight until you dragged me to the janitor's closet. Which you could've simply left me there after tranqing me instead of outright killing me.
I spent the majority of the round being unable to play because I was either dead or retrained.

People do need to sort of realize that the moment you run off from a guy that has robusted you in that way you're probably gonna stay a monkey for a LOT LOT longer, indefinatly even. And throwing punches at a guy that has full on armour is also not a smart idea.

Yeah I didn't really intend to involve you in it, the whole thing was between me and sec but I needed your ID so I was gonna leave you janitoring, tranqing you and restraining you were mostly due to the fact that I don't want to get instantly lynched by the rest of the crew(which tends to happen if the capt says that you're murdering him) before I found the monkey and leaving you on the operating table so long I had to go help some people meanwhile and that took a bit longer my apologies for that.

But to be honest it wouldn't have been so bad if instead of atacking me when I released you, which was suicidal tbh. You'd just stay and run off to the RD and other crewmates to tell them what happened so I could have been killed.

Again I understand a good ammount of it sucked for you but it was never intended as such and you didn't really aid your cause by atacking me.
And it has happened to all of us being the target of a funny story which ends up not being funny to us at the time but if it's well done we end up laughing at it some days later although I do admit that my gag went to shit when the monkey escaped and I couldn't set up the ring #harambelivesmatter thing

That and that I had a monkey to catch and wanted to heal you as fast as possible which tends to be hard when people are trying to run away.

Should've just gotten all access, really. Much easier.

I don't think that was ever gonna happen.

Most of the time you stayed dead tho wasn't even due to me when I saw you the first time you were already husked in the medbay lobby and I think you stayed that way a longer time than you did with me.

Could have worked but I went looking for Harambe instead.
And capt was dead near me when I fucked the cop for the first time, not saying he'd take an OOC action, but he would be very skeptical about the whole thing and would probably end up in him breathing down my neck.
Plus demoting the capt to janitor because black lives matter isn't so bad either way.

I was hitting you with a mop, that's not exactly a reason to go full murder when you had already tranqualized me and had nonlethal methods when you're nonantag.
And instead of having restrained me immediately after being cloned the first time and taking the ID+weps, you could've simply given yourself all-access or try to explain yourself.

Also, if you had noticed the sec officer was dragging me when you tranqued him, it would've been a lot funnier if you took my DNA since I was black instead of turning the guy into a monkey.

Hitting me with a mop while I was on the ground and had left in the ground a syringe gun with Chlorine Hydrate in it. Yeah I know I did overdo it a bit but at that point I was most worried about not dying and you syringing me. Either way as soon as I caught and healed the monkey I went to check for you to clone you again.

Well in my experience most of the times capts are a bit of a condom and (seeing me apparently murder a cop) even while dead would still spring suspicion not giving myself full access was my bad tbh but I still found it funny to have the capt as the janitor and running off to the crew and tell the story of how he got demoted.
I did go through some work on the demotion joke printing a new ID making a new PDA making sure it's the right colour etc for the joke to be a bit better when (I assumed) you would run to the other crewmates.

And you were husked I didn't know you were black and I did transform 3 monkeys before to see if any of them came up black but then I had the idea of making him a monkey and the whole Arena kick him moral story #harambelivesmatter

Again I do apologize (to the capt not the sec fuck him) cuz you really were the one to get the shortest end of the stick in the whole story and I really didn't intend it like that, my arguing is just due to a ban over a story that went wrong. It probably already happened to you as it has happened to me being the center piece of a story that really makes the game shit for you but in the end the story was worth it. Well in this case the story got really complicated and fucked and didn't end up being worth it.

Just saying don't go scream AHELP immediatly before you hear the whole story of it when people spam admins furiously because in the heat of the situation they're really mad and dont know the whole story it rarely ends up in good decisions.

I usually wait till the end of the round to see if he's antag or not instead of asking the admin, and also talk a bit to him in OOC demanding he explains himself before I go and report that to the admins.

Something I always wished we had in SS13 is some proper flying ships.
But I guess you can't really do that without huge servers, really.

blame Byond, you've got to go way above and beyond to get
would have been barely possible in the golden age and early days with overly qualified autists running about, but there just aren't anymore, and I doubt Zaers is crazy enough to take it on alone for the months of work & testing required to finish such a thing
shit sucks

I have been nagging Sierra about nigging pods. They are just about as close as anyone is to what you're talking about.

/tg/ Has working movement/flipping of entire sectors (APC areas basically), which includes being able to control ships to land basically anywhere. Including the escape shuttle.

Could just nick some of that code if it's compatible, or see how it works for some kind of reverse-engineering.

Do you think you could post the older .webms?

bump

thread is over bumplimit, we just need a new one once we're on page 13 (we are).

New thread