Metal Gear Survive

Who else here is hype?!

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/327/?
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1168506\
archive.is/ejEXf
igdb.com/people/tomokazu-fukushima
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is konami having a laff m8?

So we going to be having these every day now?

Me, i love dead rising and zombie games in general. Especially like last of us. Fuck kojima for switching to sony jews.

will be better than Death Stranding

Totally. At least we aren't attacked by dead whales and floating men here.

Honestly, I think it's too early to say that.
Neither game has any actual gameplay footage out yet.

These posters are all Cipher, if you listen to them you will get fiddled.

All according to konami

what does silent hill becom-ah, it's MGS now because it doesn't exist. I see….

We already have a thread.

Eh it's a day 1 pirate for me.

I wouldn't mind playing as qt in a generic third person shooter, I just hope they fix the the way how fox engine makes female characters look.
If not then mods can fix it.
See: nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/327/?

Not just every day, but every time the current thread hits bump limit.

dubs thread?

Post yfw on how you feel about all this.

Konami didn't ruin Metal Gear, they're just reinvigorating and refreshing the franchise for a new generation to revitalize and reenergize the formula to appeal to a wider audience with a broader sense of storytelling…uhhh….DLC and teraflops and whatever appeals to you nerds to buy it.

buy it

There are just so many safe directions they could have taken the MGS series in ever since they lost Kojima. What on earth made them think a zombie survival game was a good idea?

Like christ, I was expecting them to finish up that Lord of the Flies island thing that got cut, they already had most of the assets on hand.

I only feel joy, seeing all the Kojima fanboys get burned in the way some of us watched him burn Metal Gear in the last few years

C'mon, now. You can't act like the failure of the entire series is the fault of one man. That's a fallacy.
In video games there's rarely a single point of failure, it's usually a collective failure of the developers.

I'd believe you if Kojima's name wasn't plastered all over TPP like a whore having 20 different men cum on her at once.

No, user, I'm fairly sure it's safe to assume that Metal Gear ended up the way it did because of Kojima. He had direct control of the series, he guided it, and he drove it into the ground without the support of people to tether him back to the earth in the process.

I honestly think that Tomokazu Fukushima is the one who made MGS shine, or at least kept Kojima on leash so he wouldn't put in dumb stuff like how he did in 4 and up.

Where is now anyway?

*Where is he now anyway?

Reminder that MGS5 gets free content updates every once in awhile

You know what would have been a better idea than zombies? Taking the co-op elements of Peace Walker and using V's gameplay to make co-op stealth game with some wacky missions here and there like collecting livestock from armed bandits and shit. You know a more robust Peace Walker without the PSP limitations. Hell you could make Eli the final boss and tie up that lose end nicely.

If you believe the internet, it's because the japanese mafia is forcing them to bite the bullet on purpose.

Kind of weird, I've been googling around for him and the last anyone heard of him was after the first MGS4 trailer. Can't find anything else, I'm figuring he may have just quit the industry.

Why though. I mean an expansion covering the cut content would sell well guaranteed.

He just faded into obscurity which is unfortunate, seeing that he's probably the person that kept the dumb stuff away from the games.

I wonder why he left vidya if he did when he probably had as much input on the Metal Gear games as Kojima.

I'm pretty sure he means the other way, the mafia WANTS them to fail, why is a whole other story, they may want konami to fail, pump some stock in, and then profit by telling Konami to make something good, which at that point they'l have forgotten how to do that so Konami will shut down and the CEO will have a "heart attack"

If they need to buy stock to get more power over Konami, how could they be forcing them to fail to begin with?

not power idiot, money. The yakuza owns everyone already.

I can't wait to learn more about the game.
Like I said in a previous thread, I think the co-op survival game was supposed to be included in MGSV.
While most kojifags and the gaming press are too busy downvoting Youtube trailers and mocking the game: "hurr durr, it's Left 4 Dead #fuckonami imirite", they seem to forget that Kojima admited in an interview being a fan of 2 western games: Red Dead Redemption and Left 4 Dead.
You can see that the whole concept of an open world in MGSV was inspired by RDR, and Metal Gear Survive looks like a Left 4 Dead in a Metal Gear universe. The "zombies" were already in MGSV, they were called parasites/skulls. As for the wormhole, it could be a prototype.

This.

That's my theory too. He went full George Lucas.
MGS is like pottery, Kojima wanted to re-live the hype and success of the first MGS. He kept re-using the characters, making references to other Metal Gear games (MGS 4 is a great example).
I think that during the developpment of MGSV he encountered the gaming equivalent of the writer's block. That could explain the shitty story and the "ending".

I honestly wonder what the reaction would be if Survive was announced by Kojima himself. Would it be the same, positive, or worse?

Next up, Resident Evil to have MECHA
oh boy
sigh

Kojimbo didn't even want to make another MGS after 2. It was the death threats and angry fans that made him do 3 and then 4. Peace Walker was where he supposedly rediscovered his love for the series.

Hmm, I wonder what made him change his mind…

Kojima's homo lust for Big Boss is a big reason why the series went to shit. Not the only reason, but making him into an author's pet did the series zero favors

I can't wait for Death Stranding to finally expose Kojimbo as the hack he has become.

Oh please. people know why they like metal gear, and it isn't for stabbing zombies thru fences like a scared bitch. fans have always criticized Kojima, and they'd do it if he announced this shit.

I kind of agree. Kojima really fucked over Solid. He gave Big B more games, then turned solid into an old man and made him kneel on the ground with a gun in his mouth in the most undignified manner.

Consider I am, as long as it's single player focus.

guys
call me a shill or anything
but
its called metal gear survive
its not solid nor rising
how many people were panicking over rising when it was first announce and ended up turning out good?
let the game release and then talk shit
i might regret typing this post

You mean guns that are so overpowered they are only useful in FOB invasions, which too have been boosted to un-fun levels?

I like FOBs on paper, but they all feel the same.

Open world survival zombie game, with MGSV weapon customization.

It's going to be fun, idiots.

dude come on, rising wasn't about tactical espionage action

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1168506\
archive.is/ejEXf
some NEOgaf user raise some point

The zombies are the most boring part of MGSV, idiots. The fun comes from taking on THINKING HUMAN soldiers that can make decisions and shoot back at you. In fact this is probably 95% of the gameplay appeal of Metal gear.

Why are you assuming everyone likes Rising? I like the art and stuff, but beyond that I have no interest in it's gameplay. See above.

Seconded. Fighting the Mother Base soldiers in Phantom Pain was horseshit. They didn't think, they just had super reaction times and were invulnerable to most conventional forms of take down.

Also, I will be 80% of the game is recycled assets from Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain.

take the sjw shit back to neofag

But interestingly, one of them claims that Fukashima now works at sony and helped out with Freedom Wars.

igdb.com/people/tomokazu-fukushima

Can you sneak around the zombies?
Can you blow up the horde with a metal gear?
Can me and my (non existent) buds build a base and settlement?

This is the absolute bare minimum of what I would expect from this series. They will deliver nothing but a shitty dead island in 3rd person

I don't see why you can't sneak around the zombies or build a base though.

metal gear has been a shit show for a while now. part 4 didn't look like the trailers, terrible story and bizarre smoke break load times. peace walker was on a handheld that didn't sell shit outside of japan. part 5 had all its budget spent on hollywood talent + building a studio outside japan for mgo which died within a week. still didn't look like the trailers plus wasn't finished.

so when was this cocksuckers last critical and commercial success? mgs3? 2000 fucking 4.

the real god or metal gear

i just saw a video that kojima spent time and money researching a 1980's film/vhs filter for the game because hes such a mark for the glory years of american action movies/thats what he ripped off most of his concepts from.

jesus christ.

I have a feeling it will be some kind of co-op survival crafting game set in an alternate MGS-verse

As far as I know, Fukushima was the reason the codec calls in 1-3 were so great. The decline of quality makes sense, since ever since MGS4, the codec was worse, then completely removed in PW and V. I take it that he was trying all he could to have Kojimbo on a leash in terms of writing, but was put away because Kojima hates it when anyone's trying to tell him anything. Jeremy Blaustein, the translator of Snatcher and MGS1, didn't do MGS2 and MGS1 was retranslated for Twin Snakes exactly for this reason.

Agness Kaku, the translator of MGS2 and Ghost Babel, was not even credited for MGS2, but her case is a bit different, since it was Konami that gave her only the text files without any artwork or an in-dev build, and the game had strict text space limits, so quite a number of text had to be cut down, resulting in some lost-in-translation text. She also didn't have access to Kojima, unlike Blaustein.

I can also surely say that the negative reaction to Raiden is a result of voice casting who pitched Quinton Flynn for the job. Raiden in the Japanese game sounds much better.

Peace Walker was good though. Just because it was handheld didn't make it bad.

I'd like to see how it plays but otherwise no.

Kojima is just a glorified idea's guy whose success should've been attributed to the man who kept him in check up until MGS3

Wasn't she also the one who panned Kojimabo's writing as "fanfiction tier" and got screwed because of that?

You're willing to give more attention to a lonely faggot with no waifu who was supposed to an hero in the original? If anything otacon should have his own game with his mecha and shit.

Heuy too if we get to see his wife plowed

Yes, but I have no information that she was screwed because of that.

PLEASE PLEASE GET JUNJI ON BOARD AGAIN KOJIMA

Is it time?

no one wanted this you jewnami cocksucking nippon shill

fuck you konami, and fuck your pachinko gambling machines

I hope you go bankrupt soon and you will always be known for killing MGS

go be slant eyed somewhere else