Games that are genuinely funny

I just finished one ending from Aviary Attorney (bad ending) and I have to say that I haven't laughed so hard while playing a game in quite some time.

Has anyone else here played AA?

Also what other games have you played Holla Forums that were funny? I could probably think of Stick of Truth and Conkers BFD but nothing really else comes to mind.

Portal
Borderlands series

Portal was pretty funny now that you mention it.

I've never played the Borderland series though.

Skull monkeys

The cake is a lie! :P

Undertale!

Come on you know they never intended it to be a meme.

BALLS OF STEEL

BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS

gotta pick that up at some point

YOU THINK THAT'S FUCKIN FUNNY? DO YOU THINK I'M FUCKIN LAUGHIN?

I highly recommend you do so, I'm not really a big visual novel kinda guy. I've played Fate/stay Night but thats about it.

AA was really well written, the characters and dialogue between them hilarious. It was quite a charming little game really.

I'll stop shilling now.

Anything from these two is funny.

I thought jazzpunk was kinda funny.

I got some decent laughs out of jazzpunk.

I really enjoyed Dr. Langeskov, the tiger and the terribly cursed emerald.

I wouldn't call Danganronpa a comedy game but hot damn did it have some hilarious moments. If the parts where students get murdered and you investigate their deaths didn't happen the VN would still be pretty decent just for laughs. And in the sequel conversations between Monomi and Monokuma is top tier (especially with the Japanese voices, the English ones are fine but they don't compliment each other nearly as well).

That was funny. 8 fucking years ago and the first time.
before all the normalfags got to it.

This is it, look at Despair Arc, remove all the shitty despair edginess and you'd have an enjoyable lighthearted comedy.

EY, I'M NOT THAT KINDA GUY!

Beta Danganronpa looks a lot better than the final game.

The color scheme was unique, the character designs weren't absurdly over the top, hope/despair was originally trust/distrust, there was no "tragedy" (at least not on that kind of scale, I believe it was originally just going to be a fucked up game show).

Though I am happy they ended up naming it "Danganronpa" and going with the weird bullet trial aesthetic. It was originally going to be distrust which is a lot more boring than "Bullet Rebuttal" (literal translation of danganronpa).

Sequels would have made way, way more sense too. They'd just be new seasons of the game show. Considering what they had to work with I suppose DR2 is the only way I can think of to do a sequel that makes any sense while maintaining continuity, but I have no idea how the fuck DRv3 is supposed to work.

Chibi robo is pretty funny

Postal 2

Do "So bad its good" games count?

I find watching David Cage games and similar interactive movie shits where they intentionally miss every single prompt fucking hilarious

Yes.

Precisely why I love this scene.

Every fucking time man

every time until mark bans tumblrtale

This is legit, I am totally an marketer, and I caused this.
I also caused the constant Overwatch threads, trust me because it confirms what you want to believe rather than show any critical thinking.

he did though

First couple Monkey Island games
Blood Dragon
The Simpsons Hit and Run
Games where you can run around punching pedestrians and piss the cops off (ie, Bully, Saints Row II)
And I'd say the MGS series deserves a mention for some of its optional codec calls and easter eggs

The game was funny.
Just because faggots on the internet repeated bits ad mortem doesn't mean it was not funny originally; nothing can hold up to that kind of abuse.

But the Citizen Kane of video games came out years ago.
It's Deus Ex

I still think that Deadly Premonition is the funniest game I've played. Regardless of whether it's intentional or not.

I recently went back to Conker and started cracking up during the encounter with the Bee king and the whole barn stuff. Need to play through the rest to see if it still holds up.

It's actually Doom

I miss the old Leisure Suit Larry games, those were a riot.

The best ones are always unintentional.

Forced memes are shit.

metal gear solid 3 has a lot of amusing radio moments

Lisa can be surprisingly funny at times.

Nothing in vidya has ever made me laugh as hard as the Form Baton descriptions

That reminds me.
Was hatoful boyfriend and good?

I had a few laughs with Broforce, mostly because of gameplay and not so much at the jokes.
But the moment I saw Cherry Broling fire while standing for the first time I lost my shit.

faux retro is cancer

It really is.
Broforce is alright though.

The entire red alert campaign

That game likes to laugh at it's own story.

You have to thank Yahtzee for mainstreaming Portal, when he ranted about its crazy dark humor. It wouldn't have gotten this big a social phenomena, just like Half-Life is known to normalfags but they can't really say they've completed it.

I set apart a game and its community, but I can't look the other way when the devs themselves indulge into forced memeing. Realize that the talking ball in Portal 2 was supposed to be hilarious, not shockingly trite as it was; while Charles Johnson was supposed to shock the good progressives.

It was packaged in with tf2 and hl2.
i don't know how much reach zero punctuation has, let alone into normalfagland, but I imagine the orange box did most of the leg work on that one.

portal 2 was a shit though, no argument there.

Postal 2

big cheese a best form

the multiplayer where you could choose the form for next player would usually devolve to the most annoying and stupid forms, until someone lost

I know it's because I'm a sucker for anything Western-themed and at least somewhat not a disaster, but I really loved this game.

Gunplay was solid and felt right (even if enemies were always the same four or five guys). Story didn't take itself too seriously, which was good. Even the soundtrack was enjoyable.

Just a solid game. Not the best, but a solid, enjoyable romp.

Is it wrong that I dropped this game just because I found the artstyle to be really obnoxious?

I am both intimidated and morbidly enthralled by this man.

This along with TTYD and KI:U.

Yes. It's a heavily underrated classic in so many ways. Solid gameplay, great music, decent plot and characters and comfy overworld.

It's for the best it never had a sequel and the franchise basically died with the DS installment.