3DS Homebrew/CFW Thread: DS roms on SD when edition

UPDATING EMUNAND TO 11.0 IS SAFE
INSTALLATION GUIDE (PARTS 1-3 FOR DOWNGRADE + EMUNAND, 4 AND 5 FOR A9LH SETUP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
If you're a full on ADHD Retard you can get a Chrome Extension to help you with the guide as well: bob.me.tz/age/
While 11.0 has only managed to patch MemChunkHax2.1 halfway, Nintendo has instated a minimum system app version list. This means that without a hardmod, it will take another exploit on the scale of 9.2 to be able to downgrade. There is a work-around now, however.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.
>3.0 or under:
If you have a browser available, use the package in part 4 of the installation guide to dump your OTP, then update to 9.2 and install A9LH+CFW. Read here for more details: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update If you have cubic ninja but no browser, see here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cubic-Ninja-OTP)
>9.0 or under:
You'll want to update to 9.0-9.2, preferably 9.2. There are ways to update straight to 9.X with CFW, or you can find a game card that has a 9.0-9.2 update on-cart and use that. read here for more details. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
>9.0-9.2:
Install a CFW of your choice.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use Smashhax if possible. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>N3DS 10.2-10.3:
As of writing, from these firmwares upwards on n3DS systems ONLY, you should not have the browser nag. Use browserhax as normal, install menuhax.
>10.4-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. Ironhax does not work on this firmware as 10.4 REQUIRES you to update the game before launching it.
>11.0:
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/
3ds.titlekeys.com/
github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
my.mixtape.moe/sbevzu.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
pastebin.com/9Es00fLY
archive.is/HnAvK
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
exhentai.org/g/113824/789344928d/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
www70.zippyshare.com/v/Fbj6n1vB/file.html
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-phbank-pokémon-homebrew-bank.398718/
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting
github.com/VideahGams/LovePotion
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
my.mixtape.moe/rvnagn.zip
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/issues
gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/page-30#post-5532546
fontsup.com/font/sce-ps3-rodin-latin-regular.html
forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54115-ips-the-other-moemon-emerald-port-compatible-with-sigma-emerald-updated-5-16-16/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
Reinand appears to be out of development in the public, and the creater has indicated that they want to work privately from now on.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For NTR to launch, you must download a Firmware.bin file from the A9LH guide, part 5, even if you're using emunand.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the luma.dat to the root of your SD card, as well as the and 3ds folder. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu and sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation process does have a slight brick risk and requires a downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. Since the 3DS loads a DSi Firmware, any DS titles available on the eshop such as Warioware: Touched are actually DSiware installable on the menu. A title has to be rebuilt and recompiled as a DSi title to be installed this way, and additionally all titles are installed to a special part of NAND, TWL_NAND, which has extremely limited space. Buy a flash cart.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases or ciangel: github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
In order to download direct from Nintendo you must have an encTitleKeys.bin file. This contains title keys for games. You can get one here: 3ds.titlekeys.com/ or if using freeshop, get a cia installable updater for this file here: github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
the encTitleKeys.bin most commonly used by all is dependent on user submissions. If you have a title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added. You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump, but the site doesn't take these.
You can encrypt your decTitleKeys.bin using titlekey encrypt (file) in the options. This will make it usable for everyone.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/sbevzu.zip
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
Last rxTools nightly (only use if you have to): my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO Account: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
3DSChaos Account: user: eightvee pass: eightveebunker
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/9Es00fLY
Last Thread: archive.is/HnAvK

Metroid Prime Federation Force is on volafile for anyone too lazy to find it/don't want to use mega: volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Anyone got the CIA for the US version of Style Savvy: Fashion Forward?

Yih

Ok, so I get I need Luma to install NTR. But to get Luma I need to do the arm9lh thing?

pls gib

I'll make an strange request that I already did in the share thread, but I will try my luck here.
I have a Senran Kagura Burst theme for my 3DS, and I want to do badges for the folders with Senran Kagura characters, but I can't find suitable pics for that. So far only found pic relates, but I also need or at least would want hebijo characters as well.

I was planing on downloading it and give it a try, but 1.2gb is kind of too much for it.

No, Luma is a CFW. You only need access to HBL and an EmuNAND and you can have Luma

How does it runs Senran Kagura with Luma on a New 3DS?
Can run at stable 30 fps?

no, but it is recommended. Dealing with anything less than a 100% boot rate is infuriating and worrying for first timers.

Installing Luma deletes ReiNand?

no
I'm pretty sure if you have reinand you can set up luma and have both of them function separately.

you can have both if you want, because they both use the same emunand, or you can choose to use just one.

I THINK so. It runs a lot better than it did back when I used emuNAND and RxTools on my O3DS. Back then it was barely playable, probably 10fps or something,but bow it runs mostly smoothly except in the character transformation or ability scenes.
So I'm guessing that with a N3DS on overclock it should run pretty stable.

If on emuNAND. you can use both. Dunno about a9lh.

looking for a good lewd but not explicit rosalina picture to work for my top splash screen.

anyone have any ideas?

pls gib sauce on brown qt

Try these. Sorry about the quality.

check deviant art or type 'lewd rosalina' into the search engine of your choice.

#3 will work well for a bottom screen.

one hundred and two cock sucking degrees.

Please tell me that this is a joke, People couldn't really be that stupid.
I know that the 3ds hacking "scene" is full of some real next level faggarinos, but I refuse to believe that anybody could look at this and think its safe.

This is essentially downloading a car right from the middle of the showroom floor, and thinking you'll get away with it because you look like any other customer and the salesman is looking the other way.

It's significantly more convenient and faster, and due to the fact all eshop purchases use the same titlekey, meaning, if you buy it on two 3ds' you're still getting the same key, there's really no reason not to. The ticket.db file is client-side, and beyond purchase history there's no way to verify whether or not you've bought something.

its because of the way they set up their service. they cannot tell a valid download from a customer from an illicit one, it all just looks like traffic to them. And they require the system to handle verification and keys and not their own server.

It's more like if a car dealer operated like one of those roadside vegetable stands where you just take the vegetables and leave the change in a box. Noones gonna know you were the one who didn't pay, all they know are the vegetables keep going missing.

Except the vegetables are infinite, so the metaphor breaks down.

also legitimate eshop cia's are 'cleaner' in terms of tickets than converted .3ds dumps. On top of all of this, no console info in sent with the request because you can easily download the same files on your pc.

How long does A9LH take to install? I'd like to switch from Gateway emuNAND.

I did mine last night, took me about 5 hours with a few minor screwups on my part. The hard part is downgrading to 9.2, but if you've already got an emunand then the hard part is done. All it really takes is time. Trust me though, you want to read ALL of the instructions.

since you already have an emunand setup, you've skipped about a third to a half of the setup, following just parts 4 and 5 it should take you probably 2, 2 and a half hours, I'd say. There's some wiggle room on that though.

took me about 6 hours last night but I was being overly cautious.

the scary part is the downgrading but once your past that its pretty smooth sailing

I think you should learn more about how it all works before coming to conclusions.

setting it up to take place, parts 1-4, can take a while. The actual installation is quick.

where do you think we are?

Rate my shit. Last pics are my splash screens.

Converted .cia can have problems? Like what? I can only think about the online banner.

You already have an emuNAND, so it would be quicker. I took 4 hours with an emuNAND, but that's because I was really autistic on following the guide.

0/10

downgrading to 2.1 is a lot safer than the initial >9.2 downgrade because you're downgrading your emunand before just copying it over your sysnand, and if it fails the downgrade you can just restore your emunand and retry again. The A9LH setup is really quite safe, but I'd hold off for a day or two since the guide is about to get a major update for the CTR transfer feature that was just added to decrypt9.

It shouldn't have any problems with normal use but it's some sort of bizzare ticket thing for anal people, but I just use eshop cias where they're available for convenience moreso than any of that.

also, you can do Y+Right to take a screenshot of both screens at the same time. I like to hide the system apps like music in a garbage folder on a farther page.

What is that, exactly?
Also, I was taking the screenshot with NTR, just to give it a try, On that note, NTR is shit and the dev is a cuck.

in a hivemind of course
sting first, questions never

I'm not entirely sure yet, it's something to do with the 2.1 downgrading portion that's supposed to make it a lot easier.

he's not referring to the .cia dumping, the latest decrypt9 has something called CTRNand transfer , pic related.

Why hasn't anyone invented an app that lets you download and install .cias over the internet directly on your 3DS?

How hard would it be?

you can download and install cias with freeshop, or ciangel, using nintendo's eshop servers, but considering all the billion ad sites that 3dsiso/3dschaos use I'm not surprised there's nothing for that.

I haven't heard of those. Which one you recommend?

I use freeshop myself. But it's not that good ecept for it's basic usage. Dunno about the other one.

freeshop has a handy ui but doesn't have dlc/update support yet, 2.0 is going to have that but it isn't out yet. CIAngel has a worse interface but it can do DLC/Updates. check out the OP for info on how to get freeshop going.

Freeshop is GUI based, CIAngel is text based.
CIAngel is more versatile, but has problems according to some.

p-p-please respond. I wanna get my fashion on.

exhentai.org/g/113824/789344928d/

Thanks, user.

The badge interface thing is pretty impressive. It even looks and feel official. How can it exist?

Thanks user. And try with freeshop in a few hours. I think it just came out, isn't it? So it will take some time.

Ooh I wish I'd been able to try that. But given it's a new trick it might be best to let other people try it first before jumping in. Caution is usually a good thing with hacks.

The occasional boot crash is fine. What isn't is that from emuNAND it's possible to do things that will break sysNAND (updating from eShop, or accidentally exiting the settings menu). A9LH is MUCH safer, about the only way that can break once installed is random FIRM0/FIRM1 corruption. It's also possible Nintendo will patch out that exploit in a future 3DS revision.

Use Safebooru. Bump up to Danbooru/Gelbooru with -rating:e if it's not enough.

A few hours assuming no hiccups. Make sure to read all instructions carefully!

Ignore this. I strongly recommend you start with a new emuNAND if Gateway has been used on it.

Freeshop doesn't have DLC/update data support yet but it's stable and works for what you want it to. I'll probably dump 3DSiso and similar sites entirely once it's got DLC/update capability.

CIAngel is text-based and I've seen more than a few reports of it doing bizarre shit to your system, or games it downloads flat-out not working then functioning just fine when redownloaded, so probably it's corrupting some cias it downloads mid-stream.

github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases

So my brother has a 2DS on 11.0 unhacked. If I give him my hacked O3DSXL and he system transfers to it will he then have a hacked O3DSXL with all of his games and saves on it?

No, all illegitimate games will have bad tickets and can't transfer. However, if you buy fieldrunners, you can put a special save into it and then transfer, and use that to downgrade the 2ds.

I don't want to downgrade the 2DS I want to transfer all his legitimate games/saves from the 2DS. Then let him use my old hacked O3DSXL as his new system.

anybody here using the the new pin system for Luma?

In that case yeah it'll still work fine if you transfer his stuff over.

I know how to get around it, I just love the sadpanda.

What is it? Or rather, what does it do?

with the 6.0 update Luma gives you the option to set up a 4 character pin. This pin must be enter before the 3ds boots. With 256 possible combos no random shmuck is going to come along and mess with anything.

∞/10

Shit nigger.

5/5 bretty good user

Just ordered zelda oot and just got the action replay so I can downgrade as I accidentally upgraded from a rom and the browser cant be bypassed.

Is it difficult to do the downgrade this way?

you have a buddy with homebrew, user? you need that for oot3dhax.

Isn't downgrading through action replay supposed to be much easier than through browserhax?

wait, does action replay bypass the need of a hacked 3ds?

I originally had a gateway 3ds but a rom upgraded my sysnand to 10.1 and I couldnt bypass the browser nag so the OOT and action replay is the only thing I can do isnt it?

Anyone have the US Ace Attorney 5 DLC?

If it's enforced by Luma what's stopping you from just altering what's on the SD card?

I got mine with Shameless. Not sure where a cia would be aside from 3DSISO though.

not sure what exactly is enforcing it, could be luma, could be something luma puts into a9lh, but what are the chances that person trying to break into your 3DS knows how to do that?

if you use powersaves you can get into homebrew, but you have to downgrade to do piracy.

Sounds like, unless you can get Freakyforms.

Scan this in FBI.

It's held on the sd card in a .bin file. Someone could, but if you're on a new 3ds it's unlikely and I think it's mostly for people with kids.

Roughly what I'd expect is:
- PIN entry handled by A9LH, or a chain of trust to the payload on the SD card like what Nintendo utterly failed to do.
- Longer PIN allowing any button input, and limited attempts before locking you out.
- Optionally, PIN entry screen looks like a bricked system (mock BSoD or just black screen).

The only downside is that if you forget your PIN you will need a hardware flasher to unbrick it. However unless you leave your sysNAND backup and OTPs on your SD card, only you can do this.

Can definitely confirm some fuckery with CIAngel. Last batch of games I tried all gave me different problems on startup ranging from hanging on the 3ds splash screen to telling me my SD card ejected when it definitely hadn't. Never had any issues with Freeshop downloads on the other hand. CIAngel is still perfectly usable for updates and DLC though, so I'd still recommend keeping both around.

This is something I dont get, in my folders I already have a 3ds folder. Should I replace that folder with the one Luma has? Doing that doesnt brick my N3DS?

Or should I just drag the luma and the dat file?
sage because I forgot to add that to my post.

the 3ds folder has a folder inside of it that's the homebrew application for luma3ds.

So I installed Luma without problems… I think, but now NTR CFW says that the CFW firmware is not the correct one.

Download the latest ntr.bin and NTRboot cia. Look for information in the previous thread.

Alright, so I know that downgrading from 11.0 is impossible without hard modding, but how difficult is it to downgrade from 10.7?

Does Freeshop still have the issue where it uninstalls your custom themes/ pirated dlc?

Easy as fuck. You might not even need cubic ninja, even. look at github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started in the very bottom ">=10.7.0 [WITH BROWSER]"
If you get an update prompt, you're fucked. Otherwise you're good to go. Remember to set your primary DNS before even touching it.

I have a luma folder in the root, but there isn't a payloads subfolder, just a config.bin file. Do i have to create it or did i do something wrong?

I downloaded the current NTR CFW preview2 Is there a new one? becuase I dont see it in the github.

You mean like the one that pops up every time I open my 3ds, asking me to update to 11.0?

No, the prompt that opens up when you go to the Browser that tells you you can't use the browser without updating.

To get around it, which is mentioned on the BrowserHax site, but not in the guide, is that setting your clock to 00:00 and date to 01/01/2000, you can get past the browser nag until the clock ticks over toe the 2nd.

Same problem anyone?

You make the /luma/payloads folder and put stuff in there. Append _ to the payload filename. So y_emuNAND9.bin is opened by holding Y at power on.

*Prepend

Some should update the guide. on the luma3ds menu it asks me to mark these:
Autoboot SysNAND
SysNAND is updated
Force A9LH detection
Show current NAND in System Settings
Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM

but on the menu are shown these options:
1.autoboot sysnand
2.use sysnand firm if booting with r (a9lh)
3.use second emunand as default
4.enable region/language emu. and ext. .code
5.show current nand in system settings
6.show gba boot screen before payloads
7.display splash screen before payloads
8.use a pin

I marked 1,5,6 but i don't know for the others

So we got an ETA for the DS launcher at all? Surprising it's happened sooner rather than later. Guess that makes the DS emu obsolete.

Thanks user. Worth at least attempting since available. Ending is shit though.

Any anons want to play sometime?

DS launcher? You mean playing DS games off the SD? Some guys are working on it, but apparently it's only rudimentary and only shows the ability to do it, they still haven't worked out how exactly.

Just assumed it'd be a launcher of sorts. Here's hoping it'll be soon then, since rather have full compatibility than use the emu even if it is amusing in its own right.

you're going to want 1,2,3,6
at least those are the setting I'm left with after the 6.0 update. Try installing the 5.5 version then updating it.

selected and pressed start but now it gives me an error screen:

An old unsupported FIRM has been detected.
Copy firmware.bin in /luma to boot

press any button to shutdown

what do i do?

I'm trying to update from rxTools to Luma, but I'm having some trouble.
I know I fucked something up, but I have no idea what.

help here

Apparently you need the firmware.bin from this archive: www70.zippyshare.com/v/Fbj6n1vB/file.html

Put the correct .bin into the luma folder, judging by that error message.

I think i'm done now, i guess?

when i boot i boot into sysNAND ver. 11.0.0-33E. What do i do for the games? i just install .cia with with FBI without problems?

If you're on 2.1 still you need to recover your 11.0 backup.

You don't need use second emunand checked.

At least a month, probably longer.

When you load it through menuhax hold select, not just when you turn your 3ds on.

That's for the old BootNTR, that's not going to help on 2.1 because no cfw can load on 2.1.

Are you retarded? Just install them.

NTR hasn't changed but the cia loader has, download the basic utilities pack, I included it in there

I tried that, but I'm still not getting anything.

Is your sysnand on 9.2, do you have the .dat on the root of your SD?

Yes.

Does your emunand have a different theme than your sysnand? Luma will boot you into emunand by default but it won't set stuff like the emunand text in the settings. You should try and hold select in the homebrew menu and then press a because the window is pretty small.

That might be it. I'll give it a try.

What does cia loader has to do with the CFW not being the correct one user?

You need the latest .bootNTR.cia to launch NTR. The latest version is compatible with 11.0.

Still didn't work.
Maybe I'm just retarded.

Anyone figure out how to stop the shimmering video in Picodrive?
Injects run like shit and aren't worth the time.

Also new DS mode video.

So you can just load cheats with DS carts instead of just games? Wow, it's fucking nothing.
Although, the fact that you can load an R4 firmware is promising.

It's steps in the right direction. Rom loading is coming but it's still a ways away, but now that there's any form of SD access more interesting stuff is going to crop up as it goes.

Shimmering is a side effect of non-integer scaling, try to see if retroarch can set a 1:1 or 2x scale.

That's kind of strange, I don't know what the issue is with that. Try and use reinand and see if it can load your emunand, or re-download and replace lumas files.

I'm guessing that means being able to load other applications. It's actually pretty exciting. But what exactly do you have in mind?

To me this seems like the real beginning of DSi homebrew stuff. Nobody wanted the DSi so it didn't get very far and nothing came of it but now more interesting things can happen, I'm sure we'll see a lot of Pokemon applications like a gen iv/v homebrew bank or even potentially a homebrew poke transfer tool using only dsiware on the 3ds. Obviously the rom loading stuff is going to be neat but there's a whole lot that can be done now hopefully, not that it was impossible since you could read carts but more that you can have everything on one SD.

Sounds amazing. I'm still salty that I can't use Pokemon bank.

I'm just talking out of my ass though.

Also, if you already have a flash cart you could use cia forwarders for a while now, but obviously that's not quite the same.

PHbank is already a thing for gen vi: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-phbank-pokémon-homebrew-bank.398718/

You can do the retranslation of fates with a retail jp cart and just homebrew, I think. That has no risk but it's a little clunkier. There may also be an uncensored patch for the US version. Either way, you should be able to do romhacking with just homebrew because of HANS, the only thing you'll miss is CRO patching but that's only for changing starters in Pokemon for right now.

i have some money sitting in my account i could buy the digital version would that still work or do i have to own the cart?

I think the digital version works, I seem to recall setting up rutile ruby with my digital copy but still look around before you get too hasty.

I thought the translation died?

HOLY SHIT user! THANKS! I have my pokedex full on Y and I wanted to transfer it to ORAS. Now I can.

well where would i start with romhacking

oh shit did it now

find someone in your area with a homebrewed 3ds and try dsiware downgrade

But I have a retail cart for both. Isn't it dangerous? Will my save data be ok?

The fan translation stopped but that was with the jp base, I don't know about a us restoration patch. Either way, all you need to get started with romhacking is the homebrew starter pack from smealum.github.io/3ds and a tool called brain dump. Browserhax and menuhax got updated for 11.0 so you don't need any games to load homebrew.

Your saves should be fine but if you're concerned try backing up your saves with jk's save manager. I don't know if there's a .3dsx for 11.0 users but it works great. I don't care for svdt though, the one time I used it it didn't actually back up my save and fucked me over. Jks has never had any issues though.

you would think it would be easy to find goons to do the dirty work for you if you have the money but no, no one has the minor idea of what the fuck im talking about

are guides already in the downloads or would i have to hunt them down

It loads emunand just fine but not Luma. Replaced the files and it didn't change anything. And now I realize I can't get into the HB launcher. Ah, well.
Thanks for the help anyway.

looks like the 2ds is your only option. Don't worry about fucking the process up, very small chance of brick if you do what it says. That said, you should wait for the guide to update.

If Federation Force hasn't been released in my country yet, is it safe to play it online through cia?

You should be fine to play online.

Most downloads include guides but if not it's not super hard to find a catch-all Hans guide.

That's strange. Have you ever downgraded using gateway tools before? github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

In that case it should be easy to sell your 11.0 3DS to some retard. Then either buy another 3DS or preferably a 2DS if you can't enough get enough dosh.

Nope.

searching nsfw on the 3ds themes website gives me nothing. who has great lewd themes?

never mind, now it works.

Where in México?

There's shops and repair places all about in the cities, surely you'll find someone that knows the process, ask around on videogames and sales groups in facebook to see if someone is explicitly saying they can mod an ver. 11 3DS.

Just be careful

I'm still on the verge of doing a hardmod for my bro, got a soldering iron but it could not go so well, then there's all that shit you have to acquire like an stand alone SD card reader and it might not be worth it, better put some nintenpoints up his 3DS and do it softly with my hacked 3ds for the transfer.

But eh, might not do anything at all.

There is homebrew application similar to pic related?

github.com/VideahGams/LovePotion
i want to try porting my game over, but knowing how bad my code can be and the instability of homebrew, i feel like i would fuck something up
sometime soon ill back all my shit up and test it

New exploit to downgrade 11.0 still NEVER EVER or has there been any progress on it?

I have downloaded and installed an Etrian Odyssey V .cia but I can't seem to be able to make the game recognize it. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

freeshop 2.0 is out friendos, now with DLC, Update support, Region filtering, and automatic titlekey updating by scanning this QR code in the app. Uninstall the enctitlekeys updater app.

*DLC .cia
fuck

aweeeeesome
pic unrelated

NICE

I can upload the one I ripped myself to the Vola

I'd love if you did that. Do I have to do something other than just installing it and booting up the game for it to work?

I haven't had any trouble with it, you should be able to install it like a normal .cia

Uploading to volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Hm, where the hell is enctitlekeys.bin supposed to go? I assumed I could dump it somewhere manually but it doesn't have any option whatsoever to load the file locally, and I've put it in every folder I could in its new "data" folder with no result.

Every time I use the QR code or manually put in the URL it tells me the request timed out.

Well, some faggot was porting Undertale to 3DS and it was shappping alright. You can do it.

DSiware hax is the last thing, I think.

Its in the settings of freeshop dumbass. The qr is just scanned to autofill the URL for titlekeys.

QR code goes to 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc and trying to use the QR code tells me "request timed out", put the URL in manually with the keyboard option and it still tells me the request timed out. I can't do anything with the program because it times out whenever I try to point it to titlekeys.com like I'm supposed to and there's no option to load a local enctitlekeys.bin.

scan this one.

Guess you're boned then bud. Worked fine for me, uninstalled the title keys updater, then updated through qr in FBI.

Where is DLC?

Worked nicely. Now to look for shit that seems interesting.

Thanks user. But it was with the DLC I was having trouble with, not the game itself.

Damn, that was fast.

So how often does the titlekey site update? I submitted my decTitleKeys.bin over a week ago and still haven't seen any of it added.

Ah, shit, sorry then, haven't bothered with DLC yet.

I decided to revert the original H&S app in my N3DS and start using FBI instead of devmenu. I have a copy of the old .app, but reinjecting it via decrypt9WIP, although the top screen and the program are correct, the tile still has the devmenu icon. Is there maybe another way of reinstalling it?

Where is DLC? Is it bundled with the d/l?

Go to your list of installed games, look at games with a yellow exclamation mark, those are the ones with DLC ready for download.

>If you have a title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.

I can't get this to work. I tested out turning my decTitleKeys.bin into an encTitleKeys.bin and then using it as the download.bin in my FreeShop, and it's showing up a couple of garbage freeware programs only. I've gone all the way and got A9LH installed, deleted the RedNAND/EmuNAND so I only have the hacked SysNAND, been booting into Decrypt9 (the new version that released this month), going to Titlekey Options, then Titlekey Decrypt (SysNAND). It decrypts a 35 MB ticket.db, and then gives the following result:

Decrypted 9 unique Titlekeys
Skipped 245 useless Titlekeys

Hey lads I installed rxtools way back in january

I haven't really updated my system since then.

Do I have to manually install the new rxtools to update?

rxtools has been completely abandoned for a long time now, you're gonna need to switch to Luma3DS.

Same thing happened to me, so I just AL9H'd my system and put Luma on it, been smooth ever since. You can follow the guides in the OP to do the AL9H exploit.

Oh shit, I assume it's not that difficult to redo your entire CFW, is it?

assuming everything is already set up, it's seriously as easy as just installing Luma. You already have emunand set up and everything, so it's practically like switching web browsers.

Thank god.

I have a pristine 2DS to modify, and I've only ever done something like this once with letterbomb on the Wii.

What's my brick chance anons, >50%?

With the guide, about 5% give or take. As long as you can read and keep calm, shit's simple.

Nowhere near that high unless you're retarded. It also depends what firmware revision you have, 11.0 is probably not worth bothering with as it requires another 3DS with CFW and a certain game. 9.2 would be the easiest. The biggest risk points are downgrading to 9.2, and if you want to do A9LH (highly recommended) then there's also a 2.1.0 downgrade and sysNAND shuffle.

My best advice is to read instructions carefully and make sure your SD card is reliable, ideally one you've used before.

What's this shit I hear, I'll be able to use cheats in my DS games now? Would that work with an R4 card too?

Posting best fucking manga. Great taste.

Does Freeshop 2.0.1 freeze when it updates and installed game for anyone else? Updates seem get get applied just fine, but I need to restart my 3DS every time.

Just woke up and tried 2.0.1 myself and had the same problem. It'll download DLC/updates but crashes after downloading.

A little annoying but at least I can download dlc easily now.

Had it happen once, but fixed when set URL for titlekeys.

So, weird situation, I've got some games that aren't on FreeShop, but their DLC is. The problem is that since the games themselves aren't on FreeShop, they don't show up in the FreeShop list for games I can download DLC for. Is there anyway to access those DLC right now?

See

Oh awesome, I'm in the same boat and I've been putting it off because I assumed it'd be a hassle

Holy shit that was the easiest thing I've ever done. If any was like me and holding off on moving to Luma, just do it. I downloaded freeshop too and now can play any fucking game I want straight from nintendo. We really do live in the future.

Did you follow any tutorial?

no, just install the .cia

Have you tried injecting it again? the fbi inject failed once for me during the process but worked when I tried again.

I'd say it's a 1 percent chance. Really, follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

honestly I have no fucking idea. I know the site doesn't take ticket.db but I think if you dump the dectitlekeys then whoever runs it will check it for new ones.

A lot of new shit shows up every day, but I don't know how long it takes to get on there, nobody really knows how the process works, but there's an RSS feed now.

the icon won't change but the app will, the 3ds has an icon cache that takes a while to clear out.

No. For Luma, just do what it says at the beginning of the thread (basically copying and pasting the data from the download)

For freeshop, it's just a CIA, install it like you would anything else and scan the qr code a few posts up so you can get the games

It seriously couldn't be simpler, I am very pleasantly surprised.

Turns out I was just fucked to begin with, according to folks in the IRC, you can't get Title Keys off of rips from physical software, only off of shit you bought digitally. Which is lame because there are titles that have the keys for their DLC on the Title Key site, but not the keys for the games themselves, so they don't show up on the FreeShop menu for games you have installed to download updates/DLC for, so until they fix that issue might not be able to pirate DLC.

Also means I can't just add stuff to the FreeShop, though if anyone wants what I've ripped (all JP games) I'm happy to throw shit up on the Vola.

Doesn't work for me and I'm not sure why.
I mean, I can install it, but when I run the game I get a pop up I can't read (I have a nip n3ds) and then it goes back to the home screen.

Any help? Experiencing shit shows like this is a good way to motivate yourself for game dev.

oh, fuck, I thought I put that in the OP. Sorry to make you do the run around.

what cfw are you using? It's not a cryptofixing problem since that's already done plus it's region-free so I don't know exactly what would cause that.

No problem, I imagine it's not something that comes up often. Just a shame I can't contribute my shit, and digital tends to be fuck off expensive (to give you an idea, Bravely Second is still going for a full 7000 when it was going for 2000 within six months of launch, and I just saw it the other day going brand new for 980) so my whole library is physical.

I'm using the latest Luma. I also have A9LH set up if that matters.

you should at least take a picture of it and post it.

It's the US version, do you have language emulation on? You might need to make a file for it.

Yeah, but that's a pretty critical part of information to save people trouble, so I'll update the op again. You can still dump and upload them, I'm sure there's some people looking for them but the amount of people that can read nip is kind of limited.

Just got to charge my camera

No, I haven't needed it before to make a game run. I thought it just made multi-region games sometimes default to the system's language.
I'll give it a shot a bit later though.

Oh yeah, by all means, update the OP, just saying I'm not bitter about it.

Well then hopefully the easy availability just inspires more people to get to learning, considering how godawful Americanese versions of games tend to be.

Since the Volafile is, well, volatile, and only stores shit for 2 days at a time, and it takes a while to upload shit for me, I'll just upload when people request shit. For the record, my rips so far are as follows (all Japanese)

7th Dragon III code: VFD
Bravely Default: For The Sequel
Bravely Second
Downtown Nekketsu Jidaigeki
Dragon Quest 7
Dragon Quest 8
Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland 3D
Dragon Quest Monsters 2 Iru and Ruka's Mysterious Mysterious Key
Lost Heroes 2
Medarot Girls Mission Kuwagata ver.
Monster Hunter 4G
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Project X Zone 2 OGSE
Rockman Classics Collection
Shin Sekaiju no MeiQ 2: Knight of Fafnir
Sekaiju no MeiQ 4
Sekaiju no MeiQ 5
Shin Sekaiju no MeiQ 2: Knight of Fafnir
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Shin Megami Tensei 4 FINAL
Super Robot Wars UX
Super Robot Wars BX

So I finally manage to get NTR to work and the stream thing, but I can't record the audio and for some reason Omega Ruby and MHG stuck in the 3ds logo. Anyone knows a way to fix that?

As for the audio I'll try to find a way.

Plug audio patch cable from n3ds headphones port to PC's line-in jack. No wireless method.

Which GBA emulator is the best?

virtual console injection

Second best?

a9lh with virtual console injection.

try retroarch.

you can't open a new game after you close the last one, you have to restart. If you're on an O3DS I think MHG might not work, MH4/Smash definitely won't.

VC Inject, you can get decent framerate with retroarch/mgba on new 3ds but the 3ds plays GBA natively.

I forgot how to set my 3ds up for GBA VC after seperating the NANDs.

You have to inject FBI on your sysnand and install it on both sysnand and emunand. If you want to set up A9LH then you just install it and run. Also, if you hold Start when booting it'll shrink it to it's right resolution.

you aren't on a9lh?

Nope.

Do I have to set up another emuNAND?

Install a9lh dumbass
Or just wait for the update to the guide

the guide listed does the process of moving your emunand to your sysnand and having complete sysnand-only cfw. If you want to use emunand still, you have to install the gba vc to both nands.

Isn't that dangerous?

no
a9lh is easier and safer than dual nands

It's the safest option actually
a9lh gives you control of the 3ds milliseconds after the boot, which means you can go straight into decrypt9 and restore from backup no matter what retarded shit you do

Okay, thank you.

By restart you mean, turn off the N3ds and turn it on again?

yes, after you close a game with NTR streaming on it breaks it from starting another and you just have to restart.

Why does PlaiSysUpdater give a "database does not exist" error?

The original leader got upset about something or other and left with a few other members, but the rest of them are still working on the last supports. The reason they gave for the slow goings is that many of them had exams during the last few months and now things should ramp back up to standard speed.

Or they're fucking with us, idk.

How long did it take you? Does NTR come in .cia form these days?

I'm doing the DSIware system transfer thing
Do I pick the full system transfer?

Ah that's all, I'll re-revert back to proper H&S again and wait then. Cheers.

It's actually the safest, provided two things. A: You're using a decent CFW with FIRM write protect (Luma3DS and probably ReiNand, not Gateway shit), and B: you have a sysNAND backup. A9LH is like Bootmii.

A long time because I was too autistic…

Basically

I took these from a youtube video, they might help you if you only want to stream a certain part of the screen.

Upper screen only: remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 80, qosValue = 15)
Full Screen: remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 5, quality = 80, qosValue = 15)
FULL HD: remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 90, qosValue = 25)

Also some tutos say you need some brony app from homebrew, it's not really needed. I'm not sure if in the newesr fbi installer works but if you have the old one.

FTP brony. But that shit is pretty useless now.

ftbrony is an old version of ftpd, you can just use ftpd. It's good for N3DS.

How well does MGBA run? I want to try some Pokemon hacks out.

I forgot to mention my laptop only has one jack for audio. I might need to check if splitters works or not.

You're fucked then. Unless your computer has an audio line in or you buy one there's no way.

This, will I be able to play Mother 3 on it? Haven't played it myself but heard here and there rhythm is important so it must run like on the GBA for it to be the full experience or something.

Guys just do a9lh and you can have PERFECT GBA emulation through injects.

Still stuttering and shit though. It'd just be more convenient to use ROMs than having to do injects on each Pokemon ROMhack.

Haven't had a problem with it. But I've seen a lot of people being paranoid with Mother 3.

Had it happen in MMZ1, alongside SRT:OG1 refusing to boot sometimes as well. Only 2 cases I've had so far though.

you don't need a9lh for gba

True, but then you have to install GBA to your sysNAND as well if you are using emuNAND, which is a bad idea to fuck with.

please respond

do you have your firmware in the updates folder properly? It should be a fuckload of cias inside.

You had to do that first? Damn, I just wanted to see if it worked.

you can't fucking downgrade if you don't have files to downgrade with. It checks the MD5s of all the files beforehand anyways.

I know that, I was just installing the channel first.

Nope, nothing changed.

You have 9.2 cias in a folder named update on your SD card and you're not on 11.0?

This has been a bad day for me. I don't understand how I could have made a mistake like this.

It does, but there's a possibility it's a quirk with federation force, I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility.

I forgot to ask, did you try Luma 5.5? There's still some issues cropping up with 6.01 right now I think.

I haven't, but I can give it a try.

Browserhax is down wat do

Just wait until it comes back up, it goes down on occasion.

Also, if anyone is setting up a 3DS right now here's a preview of the new version:
my.mixtape.moe/rvnagn.zip

Hopefully it comes soon, but for the meantime everyone can poke around it, I don't know how complete it is. looks like it's going to be 3 parts instead of 5 from now on, and it's going to be a lot easier to get setup on

who ready for dat mario new 3ds

nobody here because it's guaranteed to come with 11.0. I'm glad I already have a Happy Home Designer 3ds.

no, I have an already hacked new 3ds because I bought the happy home designer one for $160 and it came with 9.6 instead of buying an 11.0 one and then having to make a fake nnid just for fieldrunners and downgrade.

And? The HHD 3DS is fucking expensive now because they thought only of making it a limited time bundle.

yes, but I bought it when it wasn't expensive so your implication is pointless. It's still going to come with 11.0, so it's still going to be worthless to a good number of people.

I actually have pretty small hands, I was able to use the o3ds pretty good, but why would you want a smaller 3ds? Unless you're some sort of faggot who wears skinny jeans then it'll fit in most pockets.

The N3DS is actually slightly larger than the O3DS, but not as big as any of the XLs, which is the perfect size for a portable console. Not to mention face plates and better buttons and shit.

I've always thought that small shit were better in a lot of ways, including consoles and handhelds. Also, the bigger screen it's fucking ugly considering the native resolution.

Yeah, I had an O3DSXL, the N3DS doesn't slide out of my pocket so much now, plus it doesn't snap and crack when I open it which I appreciate.

For 3DS games there's no way to unfuck that, but on DS/GBA you can hold start to get 1:1 resolution, and you can hold start+select on GB(C).

>and it's going to be a lot easier to get setup on

Which should I use, bootctr9 or lumas chainloader?

unless you want to load multiple cfw just use luma's chainloader for your payloads.

Are there any other cfws worth using?

I've been out of the loop for quite some time already and so far I've been using the latest RxTools without updating anything. How do I change to Luma? Does it delete what I got on the SD? What's this A9LH thing? And what's the progress on playing DS games from the SD?

Would it kill you to read the first two posts of the thread?

Changing from RxTools to Luma is fairly easy, the easiest part, if anything. You're just changing how you access to emuNAND, but emuNAND keeps the same, all your games and stuff will be there.

Literally on the second post

Slow.

I think Luma have everything you might need, so no need to change to other CFW.

My bad. Proceed with the bullying.

What's limit on 3DS when it comes to music? Can it play a folder with multiple folders in it, or all need to be on root to be played?

PSP isn't cutting it for music playing in this regard, so looking for alternative.

The music app is pretty shitty. Makes me wonder if there isn't a homebrew alternative.
The app reads folder with music on it regardless of location. If you have a folder with music on it and a subfolder with music, it will show both separately.

If you didn't like the PSP for music, I seriously doubt You'll like the 3DS. I didn't like neither, they're both shitty, the audio output is shit as well.

luma is the only one being actively developed and has the most features, the only other cfw that you should maybe pay attention to is NTR and that's loaded by a cia anyways. Just use luma.

I still use the PSP, it's handy for a walkman. Just needs to be able to access multiple folders in a directory when click random than play all shit in 1 folder before moving on.

Probably will be a homebrew eventually.

Yeah, the 3DS can do that. There are multiple shuffle options, either Shuffle just the folder or all the music.

I noticed there's a way to downgrade from 11.0 with a second modded 3ds, but don't see anything about if it works with 2ds. Is 2ds just screwed on that and need a hardmod or can I follow the instructions like with an o3ds?

you can follow instructions like with an o3ds. If you want to keep your NNID on your original you might choose to make a new one just for the exploits, but you have to have A9LH to do the system transfer because both have to be on 11.0.

Flash cart came in. What are some good DS games? Also is there a way to change what "game" icon shows up in the 3ds menu?

mario and luigi

no way to change game icon in the 3ds menu, but you can use cia forwarders if you're interested. gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

Weep over your wasted money when they figure out how to play nds games off an sd card

Oh no. A whole 15 dollars down the drain. Woe is me.

Cool shit. Thanks.

emuparadise and the share thread will be your friend

Ever since the update to 2.0.2 I've been unable to install anything. Download goes through but I get D8E08066 errors on every title's install.

I've refreshed the cache and I'm autofetching keys through freeShop's settings.

that seems to be a common issue right now: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/issues

Try disabling auto-update and manually reinstall 2.0.1.

I have it though.

Why do you insist on taunting me user?

Lmao what, have you even been looking? Even if you can't find the US version, the EU version is out and works perfectly fine. You can even change the units to $ if you are super autistic.

Protip: use chic outfits in your fashion shows so everyone comes to your shop with lodsamone

Yes and all I can find is some people asking for the US cia over at 3dsiso in a request thread.
I want the US version because I heard it had some bug fixes that the europoor version never got, I also can't stand the way some words are spelt in European translations and I'm hoping it'll be less culturally enriched than the europoor version.It probably won't be since NOA is super gay.

Could someone please post the recommended games chart?

Here's a couple that I have and someone posted the DS one here

Whoops wrong image

Brown qts are never the wrong image

That's just Tier Harribel, tho.

Thanks, much appreciated

Meh, dunno what he broke but 2.0.1 and 2.0.0 just fail with "Internet Problem?" error message. Was thinking of downgrading all the way to 1.2.2 since that's never failed for me but it autoupdates to 2.0.2 and there doesn't seem to be any update controls in 1.2.2 to begin with so I don't think I can prevent that.

If it keeps breaking and he's too busy to fix it I might just diff his 2.0.2 release with his 1.2.2 one to try and find out what he broke. Props to him having a good and proper open source C++ project set up on git though, god knows not all people make it this easy to work with their code.

How do you make GBA injects?

You could just skip all the censorship and stick with JP.

Not to shill for the guy, but I don't think he's "too busy," it seems like he's been pretty regularly looking at the Issues raised on his Github, and the 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 updates came out pretty fast after 2 dropped. He probably just doesn't know what to do to fix it ATM.

Can confirm, 2.0.1 came within hours of the 2.0 release.

Maybe he doesn't read moon?

Didn't stop us from playing FF5, Fire Emblem, SD3 or the like back in the day. Besides, best way to keep yourself motivated is vidya.

1) Get a .gba rom (obviously)

2) Download "3DS Simple GBA Converter" and "3DS GBA Footer Generator" from gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

(They might set off virus scanners. Just add an exception to whatever folder you put it in.)

3) Download the PSD files for the custom banners from gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/page-30#post-5532546

(You may need a font. You can get it here fontsup.com/font/sce-ps3-rodin-latin-regular.html

4) Run through the programs. (they're pretty self explanatory.

What fucking censorship? You can dress up in a tube top and hotpants, you can dress every guy in the town as pink-drenched leopardfags, what the actual hell are you talking about? Have you even played the game?

I understand that censorship is a problem but don't push your narrative by straight up lying about games. That just makes you look like kind of a piece of shit.

So they added niggers? Thats your censorship? Holy shit, what a horrible low for you to hit. I bet it makes you super upset that they refer to hippie clothes as "bohemian," giving those ruffians an air of dignity they don't deserve.

source?

Go back to Reddit Anita

2 questions about GBA VC
There's no way to customize the buttons or customize the VC itself in order to include save states and other options?
Also, is not possible to run modified GBA games? I'm trying to inject Moemon Sigma Emerald, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it the way I am supposed to.

If something, is an stupid change, probably because of muh diversity, but that's no fucking censorship, faggot.

FreeShop 2.0.3 is up.

I'm damn excited, if only they could get rid of the 9.2 downgrade because christ, they never seem to go smoothly.

A9LH is basically the Bootmii of 3DS, because it takes over so early you have very fast and reliable booting of CFW, and recovery options far better than the shitty Nintendo one.

They haven't done it yet mate.

That depends, did they remove existing characters to add them?

I don't think so. It's 2 separated mods compatible with each other forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54115-ips-the-other-moemon-emerald-port-compatible-with-sigma-emerald-updated-5-16-16/
I thought that I could inject the sigma version. I might as well try with the normal version.

I was referring to censorship sorry.

I believe they simply overwrote existing characters. Because being inclusive racially doesn't count when it's Asians.

It says it doesn't have any keys now, and nothing happens when I run encTitleKeys

I'd think I fucked up but I didn't do anything

What do you mean by run? Did you input the URL 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc into the prompt in the settings tab of FreeShop?

Okay, that fixed it, so thanks.

I was talking about encTitleKeysUpdater.cia, which is what I was using to update freeshop. I don't even remember there being anything in the settings tab before.

Oh right, that. Yeah, there wasn't anything in the Settings Tab before, 2.0 added a built in updater, so encTitleKeysUpdater doesn't work anymore.

looking for a good ds flashcart to move emulator pokemon over to a legit copy. any recommendations?

Wait until like next month, we'll have ds off the sd card by then at this rate.

About the new freeshop, anyone know how to find dlc and updates for carts? It only lets me download shit I have on the sd, not cart.>>10484783

No needing to fuck around with the AGB shit specified?

as long as you're using luma, it does automatic patching.

I'm honestly not sure what that shit's for. I think it's for if you don't have a cfw that supports custom GBA games but I think Luma has support for that by default. I have a9lh so I never had to bother with that shit.

with rx there wasn't automatic AGB patching so you'd have to install a nand title manually to load gba vc on emunand.

sorry to be stupid, but what do you mean?

sorry for doubleposting but i'd rather just use a ds flashcart since i dont want to risk bricking my 3ds with a firmware downgrade.

Recently (this past week) there's been access to the SD card through DS mode on the 3DS so the ability to load roms will be coming out sometime. It'll probably still be a while, but now we have cheats loading off the sd card.

ds flashcart is easier and readily available anyways, but if your 3ds is on 11.0 you can't downgrade anyways.

Regarding flashcarts, I have an original Supercard DS2 which got crushed at some point and doesn't work anymore. Is the DS2+ worth it or should I go for something like an R4 or AceKard?

thanks. i believe my 3ds firmware is up to date, and i just came here for flashcart advice.

DS2+ is used for extra emulators on DS and isn't worthwhile on 3DS. It has gateway emulation but that's far out of date. A lot of cards are blocked, so I usually recommend the one that I included in OP just because it's a low-cost r4 with good software that works on the latest version. I don't know where you could even get an AceKard today, but as far as I know those are blocked and require cfw and a cia launcher to work at all.

Well, I've got a 2DS that I downgraded to 9.2 on, which Supercard lists as working. Also I'd be using this on my 2DS and my DS lites, so I like having the extra emulators available and I'd be able to run DS roms again. Does the R4 have the real-time pausing and save states that the DS2 has?

I don't think the Supercard is blocked, I just mean that the extra features it offers aren't worth the price for a 3ds, CFW is better than using gateway emulation on 9.2, and it can't even do the new versions of gateway (past like 2013). I believe that the r4i gold has save states but I've never used them so I don't know. If you want the emulators get a regular DSTwo instead, it's not worth the extra money for a DSTwo+.

new thread