Ps1 thread

ps1-psx-psone-ps-playstation-playsi-pleps

can we have a ps1 thread?

Fuck off, Sony is for kikes.

Has anypony tried PSIO (SD card loader)?

What is the best PSX game, and why is it Rape Escape?

Here you go.

Why was this game so great? Why was its OST so good? Why isn't it on PSN?

I'm not too big on the virtual pet genre so i can't say i know how much it has come along but that game was actually pretty good in that aspect

To be honest, I don't like any other virtual pet games either. It's "remakes" are decent but the original is still the best.

Pretty please user, I didn't save the GC must list from the recent thread. Do you still got it?

I just entered the inverted castle today in sotn
Really enjoying myself with this one

I've been having a lot of fun with Ghost in the Shell for PSX lately. Almost kind of remind me of Gravity Rush since every surface in the game is transversable by simply walking over it. Feels great circle strafing around an enemy, shooting the shit out of them, and then continue strafing up the wall while firing homing missiles.

Since the shoulder buttons are unified, it plays great on the PSP as well. Much better than SaC's clunky pseudo-FPS with only 1 analog stick.

Don't even know what's wrong, the laser itself still seems to have some life left in it, since it can still tell the games from CDs, but it beyond that it just kinda hangs at the Logo.

That's the big question for a lot of stuff. I mean, with the PS2 classics, I understand that it could apparently be quite hard at times to try to get them working right digitally with the PS3 (I assume they're having more success with doing so for the PS4, hence stuff like Dark Cloud 2 and Wild Arms 3 being added for it), but I don't think PS1 games would have nearly as many issues. Yet there's plenty still missing. Why hasn't Namco seen fit to toss Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia (Destiny II in the US) up? Why hasn't Square-Enix put ANY of the old games Enix had the right to on the PSN or VC (pretty sure ActRaiser's the only one to be digitally rereleased)? Say what you want about Capcom and Konami, but they still put MML2, Tron Bonne, and Suikoden II up (even if it took forever; there was like five years between adding Suikoden and adding Suikoden II), knowing those games are hard to find, giving people a legal option to play them, and letting easy money roll in from them.

Be careful. Some of the hazards in there will really do a number on you (especially those little spiked carts or whatever they are).

Not like they're expensive to get a replacement system for these days. I assume you're keeping your games and memory cards?

Naturally, already have a ps2/3 so it's not like i actually need this thing to play games. I just wanted to play games on it using that shitty Pre-dualshock controller for nostalgia.

Well, depending on what PS1 games you have, it might be a good idea to get another PS1 anyhow, since from what I know some PS1 games surprisingly have issues with the backwards compatibility of the PS2 (most work, but a few have issues, depending on the model).

Might as well mention here, on the off chance there's people that don't emulate for whatever reason. This weekend's US PSN flash sale has the following PS1 games marked down:
Might be some stuff of interest for someone out there.

Just emulate it lad

Tnx fam

Do note that that's not so much "best of the best" (I'm sure there's some games people that aren't fans of the genres they're in wouldn't be interested in giving a go in the first place), but worthwhile stuff to possibly look into if it piques your interest to do so.

Also been meaning to update it for a while (looking in my folder, that one's from August), but Gamecube threads aren't as frequent as they used to be.

Surprisingly xbox threads still happen every week or every other week.

I see, it's quite a "first party + weeb curiosities" list as of now. Personally I wouldn't have included Gotcha Force over The Twin Snakes, I admit there's spergouts about the latter but then again it's forgetting something big.

Needs more western third party that you wouldn't necessarily associate with the GC (splinter cell, mortal kombat?), if anything because the PS2 lists do host multiplatform titles.

The Xbox and Dreamcast have had somewhat devoted anons to keep making weekly/biweekly threads on them. PSP threads are fairly common too.

I had built it up based on what anons were suggesting needed to be put on it that was missing on the old one I was using as a base (which had both formatting issues, duplicate games, and people had kept bringing up as missing notable games.

I don't mind putting some multiplats on there, especially if they work best on the system (Killer 7, for example), but some people have voiced complaints about even putting multiplats on anyhow, apparently with the idea that these ought to just remain as system exclusives or something (since I like cohesion to stuff, removing and leaving non-exclusives off would create a problem where a game that's a staple of sorts to a system's library would just be left off due to being multiplat; MGS2 for instance being on both the PS2 and Xbox).

Geist is a novel but flawed game

I'm aware that multiplatform titles often have a history as former exclusives (RE4), what I'm saying is from the perspective of someone who approaches a system (either for emulation, or he's bought an old console) and looks around to see what's within reach.

bump

Heres my two cents
>Mario Party 4-7 5 a best
Note Virtua Striker + the Arcade GP games are technically triforce games. I know those can be easily emulated on Dolphin and played through Nintendont on a modded Wii. Don't know how accessible/playable they are on a regular NGC.

I saw a PS1 for $10 and a PS2 for $20 at a value village in my area today. Are those good prices for those systems, considering they were used? They didn't come with the cords, controllers, or memory card, but I know a place that sells those things in my area.

I'd have to know how much the controllers and cords come out to be able to say whether that's a good value or not. Also, if they didn't come with the cords, it wouldn't surprise me if that store doesn't even know if they work or not, unless they have some store-use cords to test things with.

Yeah, I get that. I mean, that's part of why I've put multiplats on the PS2 one, since even if they may not be the absolute best versions, it's still an option for people that may not have access to a Gamecube or Xbox (and as long as the PS2 versions aren't broken in comparison, I don't see the harm). Some people seem to feel that it bloats the charts unnecessarily though, and that people should just play those games on the other systems they're on anyhow.

I'll note those down, but next time there's a Gamecube thread, try to mention them there as well.

don't worry I fucked off

Final Fantasy Origins should be on the RPG list, since those are fresh from scratch remakes and not just rom dump ports to the PS1

I want sonyggers to leave.

And I want console war niggers to leave.
There are some nice video games on the Sony™ Playstation™ and Playstation 2™

bump

The PS/PS2 era was so good for horror games, especially survival-horror.

How are the translations for those? Just curious, since if memory serves the PS1 versions of FF IV and V have some issues translation-wise, or something.