Overwatch: Ass Edition

Or alternatively: New patch when?

inb4 >playing overwatch
Why is reaper so based?

Shit page

The best thing about reaper is when he gets killed by Tracer and she taunts him afterwards. So fucking cute.

Because the voice actor did Lord Commissar Bern from DoW 2 and Bloo from Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.

New patch probably on the 22nd because it's the end of the olympic event and also blizzard's usual tuesday patch day.

fuck u toon

It's the most accurate portrayal of spic in a videogame to date.

Reminder that the Scrappening never happened but it should have.

I'm pretty sure the latest short shows it actually did, and as far as the known lore goes, it was what caused the omnics to go chill, and some humans to accept them as waifus/husbandos.

no fucking way

This game actually has lore?

I just randomly saw this shit and couldn't believe it was made for overwatch, it's like fucking Pixar did it. It's such a beautiful animation that it almost makes me wanna try overwatch despite hearing it's complete shit

It looks great, but it doesn't look PIXAR-tier. in 2010 maybe, before the release of Brave.

Valve has been making CG films of the same caliber for years with Source Filmmaker

If it's one thing Blizzard does right, it's their animated shorts.

The people who say it´s shit are mostly shitposters who have never even touched the game. Maybe you should try it. I was skeptical at first too, but it´s a decent amount of fun. Of course it has it´s flaws, but after 200 hours of gameplay i can safely say that i don´t wasted my 40 eurobux on it.

I play it. It's shit. I'm actively looking for better games to play because every time I launch overwatch it brings me closer to quitting videogames.

I personally regret buying it. Maybe you'll have a different experience, but I can't even bring myself to touching it now, not even after the updates and new heroes. I say wait for the dust to settle and the playerbase to lose interest in it. It will happen. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it will never stand the test of time nearly as long as TF2.

I'm not completely sure why I hate the game now. It could be because some heroes are clearly better than others and some outclass others to the point of having no reason to play them. It could be because I am tired of playing the same maps over and over again. It's definitely not the art style. They definitely hit dead center with that. I just don't feel any soul in it. It's fun for the first week of playing it, and then you stop having fun and start thinking of it as a chore rather than of a hobby.

They must pay gorrilions of dollars for it because it looks like a part of a full animated movie, hell I'd seriously watch a movie about that bastion short. Looks more interesting than Wall-E.

I should just try it myself sometime when I finish my backlog, too many negative opinions made me not interested in this game. But I don't know… buying it. I'd try it if it would be free to play but I don't know if I'm gonna pay so much just to see if I like it.

Find everything wrong with this post.

It really doesn't look that great bro, take your fanboy goggles off

I don't give a shit about companies, I love that animation

It's not fun as a shooter, so don't play it if you're looking for one. The gameplay has been slowed down so much that no individual can really have an effect on the game outside of stupid anti fun mechanics like a genji ult or a good support . It's literally all about team composition which becomes really boring. If you like Dota or SMITE you might get a kick out of it?
To be honest, I had more fun with the Lawbreakers alpha and that game isn't even half complete.

There's strings in the files implying they'll be adding a free trial soon so just wait for that.

You were so close…

You should know by now that this will never happen.

Just wait for it to go free to play

No way in fuck its worth its pricetag right now

Well you faggot… sadly you are right. I have hundreds of games that I want to finish, it sucks so much that I just don't have time, it will never be finished

Stop shitposting on Holla Forums and just play the games or clear your backlog and never allow it to have more than 5 games on it.

And their fursona is a fucking rat.

I only post every few days, and when I don't I watch movies, chinese cartoons, read manga, play games and work on my own, there's never ever enough time

It's delivered mostly as media outside of the game, it's supposedly written on the fly, but it does exist.

I am having similar feelings, but mostly by how fucking braindead most of the community is. No, we don't fucking need another tracer you morons, we're on fucking defense

I have recently started to play Ana after i always had thought, that she was a shit hero, but goddamnit is she fun and effective to play. She has become really fast my new favorite heroe especially because her young skin looks even better than her own daughter. Now my teammates just will have to learn, that you shouldn´t wake up sleeping targets for fucks sake.

Why in the fuck is the matchmaking in this game so god awful?
Jesus Christ, I leave one game while in the lobby, choose quick play again, they send me to the same fucking game, go back to quick play and sends me back to that game, this shit happened 5 times and now I have an XP penalty because of it.

And dont get me started on putting you on a team just seconds away from a defeat or to a game 30 seconds left in the match.
God damn, this game is just shit.

Oh neat.
I thought about getting into this game, played it at my brothers house, thought it was really slow, but to be fair I have played xonotic before it so there that. I would probably wait for a price drop before putting money on it, like half price low.

I really wish they would implement a server browser, because i just want to have a choice which map and mode i play. That´s the only big problem i have with the game right now.

Price drop won't happen.

Their strategy is to add (mostly) free content to keep the game's value up, instead of dropping the price.

Just exactly how many buzzwords can you even cram in a single post?

What does this even mean? Slowed down from what? This isn't the sequel to anything, it can't be "slowed down". Slow at best, and even then I get the feeling UT2K4 had roughly the same speed.
Besides, there's fast and there's fast paced and one doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other.

How do you go from speed to this? How does that even matter? Proper aim would be even more important than speed anyway, where does this non-sequitur come from? Clearly from someone that doesn't even bother to research for his shitpost, since people whining about Mei\Bastion\god-tier Widowmakers and similar shit happen who do have major effect on how the game plays. Even Genji does a lot more with his usual kit than with his Ulti.

For you. This isn't objective at all, some people like the concept of team composition and picking counters to other players. It forces you to learn how to play everyone so you are ready for anything instead of "maining" one class. You sound like a bad Hanzo that doesn't like he can't be the third sniper in the team…

No lanes, no money, no minions, no towers, no laning phase, no ganking, no farming, no snowballing, no builds, no base to destroy, no jungle.
You might as well suggest Wii Sports and you'd get an equally close match.

Sounds a lot like some people bought the game expecting an arena shooter where you played Deathmatch all day long while moving at mach 5, and got quite upset when they found out teamwork is the core of the game and movement requires precision, not raw speed. It's not about how fast you can move, it's where you choose to move and when you choose to move instead.

There's hints a free trial might be coming, possibly even the possibility to play the game for a while but not playing ranked or getting cosmetics. If that happens, I strongly urge everyone on the fence to try the game for themselves, instead of relying on the opinion of obvious shills like me :^) or dumb people that don't even know the game they bought.

I'm sure it will go on sale at some point, even if it wont happen for a while. Looks like content is a little on the lean side anyway. So either I wait for more shit and decide to buy it or it goes on sale.

At any time, Ana has 11 potential targets for her rifle. You'll find that you always have something to do. It's completely unlike Mercy where you have to commit to someone to heal them, even if just for a while, and go near them. Ana simply sees someone at low life, gets LOS and shoots a few darts, so she can keep everyone in check instead, while keeping the oposing team in check as well.
Her grenade is pretty versatile and takes a while to master and the sleep thing is amazing to dart someone, move closer, shoot-punch-grenade for incredible burst damage.

You are an idiot. You leave a game, they try to put you back in it if you reconnect fast enough.
Either play the damn game or just wait for it to end, stop leaving games all the time.

Being put on a team mid-game gives you an XP bonus that makes up for the loss. Pay attention to the XP bar next time that happens.

They most likely already made enough money they have no major concerns for now, so they'll probably do something similar to WoW.
In that game, you could play for free until LvL30 but to progress, you'd need to start paying monthly.
For Overwatch, you'll probably have only Quickplay, no XP and possibly even your own queue for F2P players. Since all the content in the game is open for everyone, that will be enough to judge the game and the cosmetics as well as ranked will be what will entice people to fork over the cash.

But seriously, don't expect a price drop. If they can do a free trial, they probably made so much money with the first sales they don't need to pull stunts like that.

I like Ana a lot, I'm wondering if she'll start to replace Zen in higher level matches now that his discord is getting nerfed. Sleep darts can fuck up most of the cast's ults and her ult breaks through chokepoints.

The blur from the museum short was pretty annoying, but this one is beautiful.

I like Ana and Zenyatta as they are right now, Lucio is necessary but mind boggingly boring to play but on the other hand, Mercy is just downright frustrating. She has no survivability at all, especially if your team is bad at giving her LOS, and she has to either heal or do damage. She can´t do both at the same time like any other healer. I think she at least needs some sort of self protection skill outside of her guardian angel jump, because it´s so unreliable.

Her Guardian Angel is a neat skill on paper, except not really.
You're already on the back of your team most of the time, if someone flanks you or dives for you, where are you gonna GA to? The middle of the enemy team?
You'd be relying on snipers hanging in high edges for an escape route, but this is relying on snipers. And they won't stick outside anyway, they'll try to take cover from enemy fire (including other snipers) which in turns means cover from you too.

Literally the only 2 legit uses it has is when your team is slightly spread in two and you keep jumping between both groups to hit them from two sides (very hard to do) or to swoop down from safety into the middle of your entire dead team to rez them. Which requires outlasting them anyway, something that doesn't happen because you're the first to be focused.

She doesn't have the offensive capability that Pharah has, removing the need for a target on Guardian Angel wouldn't make her some terribly OP "death from above" char. It just makes chasing her a bit pointless for short-range characters (coincidently, most flankers) giving her the survivability she needs, but since she can only heal from 15 meters, she'd still need to be with her team and vulnerable as well.

Keith Ferguson also voiced Lord Hater from Wander Over Yonder.

It would be neat if Mercy could place some kind of orb (that ideally provided some kind of passive buff like damage reduction to allies in the area) that she could guardian angel to. She feels so gimped with only one active ability. Sadly she won't get any surviveability buffs because her ult is such a gamechanger.

I couldn't care for anything else mercy does, so long as I'd get to shoot the blaster while healing.

If she could do that she'd be dangerously approaching 'Zenyatta but better' healer role.

That would be an interesting idea. Some beacon that she can place beforehand, preparing for a quick retreat or to get back to some higher position.

And this would be a neat one too. Staff with the left hand, Blaster on the right. You'd pick a target with the right mouse button and fire with the left. Maybe alternate between Staff Modes with E.

His whole core asumption, that multiplayer gameplay has to be fast in order so that individuals can influence it, is incredible retarded. He´s just your typical buzzword thrower i guess.

Been playing Mercy on PTR. Her heal was buffed 20% to 60 and zen and lucio both got nerfed (discord orb 30%, speed boost down from 100% to 70%).

All I can say is god DAMN have I missed playing mercy. With Genji mostly out of the picture and no "clearly superior" support to take the slot she's doing pretty well, and her res charges faster because of the faster healing.

lmao you're sure getting assmad about my opinion bro

Not like I was expecting better than this, actually…

what? are you retarded? why would I be stating anything that was not my opinion. shit nigga chill the fuck out.

Shit doom clone

I do not much care for Zenyatta, I want the gameplay to match her Battle Angel highlight intro.

Why would you do that sort of retarded thing when you can just make it LMB to fire, and RMB to heal(healing has a tether mechanic).

Obviously, being able to contribute damage would make the damage amp excessive/pointless, so it'd get axed if the gun comes into play.

Blizzard knows this. They use their cinematics department to sell their shitty games.

Goofballs -> Goys
"Proud Jewish LGBT Supporter"
No Thanks Given
No Thanks Recieved
Playing the victim
Innocence when breaking agreed to terms of service
Merchanting whatever corecoins happen to be
Using court system to attack others
Forgot the '^' in his final smiley
Invoking themes of "The holocaust" again.

Says edit post at the bottom. Are you sure this isn't you kike?

I gaffaw'd

Don't forget to buy more coreshekels.

I asked this a while back, but I'll try for more opinions because I'm tempted to buy it again.

Is this game worth getting if you won't have friends to play with?

The answer is still no because of the small map pool.

This, incredibly so. I'd venture a guess that many of the complaints 'the community' has to offer in relation to gameplay are simply products of shit players not understanding how their hero of choice works.

Playing Reinhardt is a nightmare when you go solo. Nobody knows what 'group up' means. Reaper flanking is fine, and many Reapers I play with actually use the space behind Reinhardt's shield as a staging ground for teleports.

But lord fucking help you if anyone else at all is nearby while you have shield up. Your teammates won't understand the concept of staying behind transparent cover that they can shoot through.

The thing that will most likely kill Overwatch is its Pixar-esque art style, if only because it urges worthless children and low-functioning autists to play and fail repeatedly, even when they realize they're bad.

Very interesting.

Except that kids like to play "mature" games like CoD and battlefield, I find it hard to believe that the art style is the thing drawing them in. I'll certainly agree with your former point though, shit players who have no idea what their hero does are the real cancer.

Are you some special brand of retarded? What you're telling me is that if I leave a game and choose to go to another quick play I should just deal with getting sent back to the same game I just left? Blizzard with all the servers they have and all the games going all at once they just happen to send me back to the same fucking game I was at?
Also no, dont tell me about the backfill XP, its so minimal that it doesnt justify the effort, specially when it drops down your win ratio so much, all of that because you just so happen to be thrown into a match with a group of retards.
As a side note, if you go into a game midway through, if you pres the Esc. key to bring the menu (so that you choose the Leave Game option) the game just so happens to pick the hero your cursor was above and throws you right into the match, basically penalizing you without being able to do anything.
So please, stop defending bad design, I like te game but this shit is infuriating and unjustifiable.

How the fuck do people do this shit, God damn. Am I getting too old for this shit?

Passing a certain % doesn't make you instantly better. Sure you can master aim, but it's important to know your positioning, your counters and your role in general.

Pro players use aimbots.

It's hitscan shit.

Practice your flickshots and remember to relax.

what a pretty bird

Herp a fucking derp.

Problem is, if I can't reliably hit body shots - not to even mention headshots - then I'm more of a liability than anything else. Wanna git gud cause I feel S2 is going to be a lot of Mei and Hanzo bullshit going around.

That I know already, it's not that surprising.

Fucking cancerous really. I'd just do Pharah instead if she ain't in a shit position at the moment - especially with the season reseting and rank 70s matching with 40s.

When is the next comp season?

The worst part is that you can easily tell the difference between someone who doesn't know, but is trying, and the type of person who just runs in or sits back and spams the same failure tactics over and over. I can't count how many Tracers I've seen who recall at the first sign of being shot, only blink to cross gaps, and always corner themselves by blinking into walls constantly.

And there is a special section in hell for Junkrat players who insist on sitting atop a roof and blindfiring grenades. Not aiming down and actively trying to make forward advancement dangerous, I mean blindfiring toward the direction of enemy spawn and hoping some dope gets unlucky. Holy shit, it's bad enough that they aren't playing a mobile Junkrat, but how do people come up with creative ways to fail so spectacularly?

If you get thrown into a game with bads then have fun with it, use it as a chance to practice heroes you aren't good with or just muck around with stupid characters for laughs. The game is what you make of it, by all means play to win but if you get a shit team you can still have fun with it if you stop taking it so seriously.

Set up a bot game with ana only on the other side and set it to head shots only

I tried that shit long ago and it gave me literal cancer. So much fucking purple flooding the screen I was getting a damn eye sore. Honestly, the amount of fucking color in this game is going to be the fucking death of me.

Blizzard was always on par with Square-Enix when it came to vidya CGI. Check out the WotLK trailer, that shit was fucking amazing. Too bad that's the only really good thing they have going for them nowadays.

He was also Phil Ken Sebben from Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

I doubt it's that bad if you can mantain 45% accuracy. I frequently get compliments on my McCree play and I only ever get 36% or lower.

then again, I consistently played 55 rank so take my words with a grain of salt

Pros often say that you should be aiming for ~75%.
Honestly, it's all about muscle memory.

My top rank was 56 during the first season but I avoided playing DPS outside of Soldier. Mostly Zarya, Zenyatta, and Roadhog.

Brilliant. Never saw that coming.

It's pretty, but pretty generic. Blizzard's writing doesn't seem to be its strong suit.

The retard here is you. Leaving a match already counts as a loss, if you care so much about win ratio don't leave.
The backfill XP is fairly nice, almost as much as winning and you get it in 10 seconds instead of a whole match. I'd venture to say it's more "lucrative" to farm.

Players that leave matches are shit. All you are doing is making the game worse for the rest of your team that has to deal with a missing player for a while and a new one trying to figure what's happening afterwards.
This isn't a measure to save server space, it's to remove any benefit from leaving games. Stick to the end because you don't get to play another game until you finish what you started.

You also gotta be some special autist to not notice the dissonance here. You know why you'll join games with teams losing already? Because some stupid cunt left the game. Like you do. You don't get to complain about a problem you directly contribute to.

Leavers ruin games for everyone, both teams. Get fucked and stick to the end. I have to endure horrible players every now and then and I still stay till the end of the match.

It was bad enough when nobody played him but every game I get fucking dead wight bastions

Give it a few days and you will only see Meis and Hanzos if the PTR is anything to go by.

meis buff isnt even that good though isnt it just her ult
she is still useless in competitive

all this thread has shown is that despite having no interest in the game and having never played a single round, i have a pretty shocking amount of overwatch porn

You go back to the basics, nigger!
Get Unreal Tournament (any really) and go do Instagib. It's a gamemode where you are given a shock rifle that kills people in one shot and fires once every second. It's pretty fun and helps you improve your aim a lot against the bots since they move like motherfuckers.

You want to get fancy, pick the same game and set a mutator for only Sniper Rifles or Lightning Guns for practice. Or just memorize the spot of them and get them every match.
For very early practice, Two Towers is a CTF map where you can sit atop your tower and snipe motherfuckers all day, although it's very different from mid range sniping with constant movement on your end.

If you wanna focus on bodyshots, you gotta train yourself to react to things under your crosshair. There's no time for thinking here, it must be a natural instantaneous reaction from your body, which leads to much shorter reaction times. Literally "something under the crosshair -> shoot". I know it sounds incredibly obvious and basic, but trust me, it's not. You'll still try to think and line it up and fail often because thinking takes too long.

You also have a few tricks to do. Line up your aim with the height of your target, then don't move your mouse. Just sidestep until he is under the crosshair. The smaller amount of movement helps to react and shoot on time, especially since you only have to line up one axis.
You can also do the former but keep his movement in mind and try to time it. Most players move left and right to dodge your shots but in a very rythmic manner. Aim in the middle, pay attention to their rythm and shoot when they change direction.

The more advanced shit involves flick shots. This is hard to explain but it's very precise and fast movement and adjusting. At one point, you'll see the enemy near your crosshair, you'll see the distance between both and in the next moment travel precisely the distance required and shoot. If you do it fast enough, you'll be able to hit with greater accuracy.

Also, it helps to have a mouse with high DPI and lower sensitivity on the menu. You'll be able to better fine tune it's movements and get greater aim.

Prove it. Doooooo it.

Yes, and? Do you really think that will stop shitters from flooding AT LEAST the first half of a season with Mei and Hanzo?

That might actually be the first training regiment I've heard of that's worth a damn. Cheers user, I'll give it a try.

I'm so fucking sick of this summer event
I can't wait for the next seasonal event to roll around so I can level 30 times then and still be unable to get anything I want from the boxes. Why the fuck did they even bother with the credit system if the first time they add any significant number of things to the boxes they completely invalidate it?

Well yea thats a given
I hope I get a good enough placement again
I got up to 58 last season and thank god that you cant drop out of brackets because in one day I lost 7 rating and almost every game had a leaver or someone who would not take suggestions on heroes or who only played ganjzos

one game I had some guy preaching about how he is so good at widow the whole time he just walked around scoped and never killed anyone
was so fucking angry and one of the very few times Ive outright abused the fuck out of someone in this shitty game

Ive pretty much got everything now except the mcree skin, Dva skin and the emote from symetra

I only really wanted the symetra emote
I play a lot of Dva but that skin is shit and it has the SJWkorea flag on it
fuck that

Again, expect a lot of Hanzos, especially if you're going to play on Europe. I dropped that shit entirely and am more comfortable with 100 ping rather than to play with these monkeys breathing my air, it's fucking aggravating. Placements will pretty much come down to who has the actually decent Hanzo and who has the deadweight that will make the game 5v6.

yea, I feel even if you do your best almost a lot of the time its impossible to carry a game on your own or even with another person
sure there are stronger heroes that can make it more likely to win but to carry you really gotta have the less retarded idiot

I'm not huge into ranked stuff anyway so I will probably get my placement play a few games then just do normals again because its less frustrating and I can play what I want

not that I do play what i want, I dont go pick a widow when we have 4 snipers already and do try to pick what is needed but I enjoy being useful more than I do winning

Genji has the best ass.

Wrong
Dvas robutt has the best robutt ass

Genji's stable of donkeys have nothing to do with this.

My mother could have told you that.

It pretty much is impossible to carry nowadays without a minimum of a 3-stack. Genji used to be the to-go-to shit back in the day but nowadays everybody is way too shit for it to matter much. A McCree can technically carry in the lower ranks but solo hes going to get shat on around the 60's. And honestly rank is the only thing keeping my interest in this game - mostly because I like chasing imaginary numbers like a faggot.

Hurry up and get to the porn posting.
It's all this game is worth for.

I meant to respond to the OP.

We'll have to disagree there. It's a good one, but not the best.

Truth. MEKA is the most fuckable Overwatch character.

When ever some one post porn on Holla Forums with this weeb-like theme i can't help myself but to imagine the fat lonely ugly loser behind the post

So what is being gay like?

The robot is Korean, not Japanese.

you're on Holla Forums, faglord, we're all fat ugly losers

I'm 27 pounds underweight.
I survive entirely off of ramen and water.

This latest patch really solidified what I thought about this game.
blizzards very awkward attempt at a team based FPS.
this is evident from the following:

1) very obvious and dated character archetypes (an edgy reaper, a quirky brit, a german healer, a girl gamer/stream and a tumblr-et). This also carries with it the forced old memes evident in voice lines and skins (the new tracer skin literally says 1337 on it).

2) a misunderstanding of what makes a good team based FPS. you can see this by what blizzard has constantly said about classes in the game, (its about switching). this type of gameplay of hard counters may sound good in theory (get good with all characters instead of one), but the end result is dumbed down flashy rock paper scissors type gameplay of pick counter to enemy player.

This justifies leaving each class feeling very shallow in terms of skill depth. (think of an advanced mechanic that a player who is the top 500 can do, that a normal pub player with decent hours cant do). contrast this with rocket jumping/bhopping.

3) obnoxious WoW type balance. This is evident when you look at how they targeted skill based movement mechanics (vertical genji jump cancel), and recently double jump reset.

Needless to say, any time a movement mechanic is nerfed in a game, it is a clear indication that there are many issues with how balance is handled in that game. It leads me to believe that the game is being balanced for the braindead casual market instead of encouraging players to work on improving those skills, thus making playing specific classes feel very shallow after a while.

4) encouraging the community to be overly sensitive. In games like tf2, not only is trash talk allowed, it is also encouraged, with domination mechanics, character interaction and achievements (including one awarded for making a player quit the server). In overwatch saying gg ez, is grounds for a global mute.

all in all, a very awkward and weak attempt at an FPS from blizzard, I enjoyed it for what it was, but got bored very quickly and went back to tf2 (unfortunately) . (give me tf3 or no cosmetic tf2).

I hope you realise that's actually more dangerous than being like 100lb overweight.

Not disagreeing with you, but I think reaper's edge goes so far over the top that it becomes cartoonish. Like he's aware he's a ghost thing now and just went "fuck it, let's wear a skull mask and buy a trenchcoat"

This is why reaper is based

This is a fair point to make, as subjectively that could be how you interpret the character.
But I get the striking feeling that, that is not what the character designer wanted to convey. I have so far been unable to see any real subtly in character design in OW, it's always somthing loud and obnoxious (IM BRITISH, IM CYBORG, IM KNIGHT, IM GAMER).

tumblr-et, quirky brit, german healer and girl gamer are "dated archetypes"?
I'd honestly like to know a few more examples, besides the TF2 Medic…
I've also not heard any "forced memes" in their voice lines, unless you mean the Frozen puns from Mei.

See, you can't really make these kinds of posts and yet show this blatantly that you don't actually play the game.
Counter picks aren't that simple since you still have to keep all of your team and all of the oposing team in consideration when picking a counter. Any sniper will do well against Pharah but you'll bring Ana if your teams needs another healer, Hanzo if there's long flanking routes or Widow if there's long hallways instead.

And even then, it's not set in stone. Widow is considered an excelent counter against Pharah and yet Pharah can still wreck her shit. She has the mobility to reach her, a Concussion Blast to get Widow to fuck off and free harass from any distance. I've personnaly killed lots of Widows that waste time aiming and take 2 direct hits for standing still.
I've killed Meis and McCrees as Tracer and Genji as well. Good players can do decently against their counter anyway, it's just harder than usual.

That's a very nice argument that you're not backing up with any reasoning behind it. Genji's movement is an important part of his skillset, much like Zarya's Barriers or Zenyatta's Orbs. Him getting a nerf to his jump isn't any different than Zenyatta getting a nerf to his orbs.
Instead of just assuming that "if they have to change it, it's because the game is shit" why don't you instead look at what was changed and more importantly at why it was changed?

Genji players could easily reach heights that even Pharah would struggle to reach thanks to wallclimbing+doublejumping, leading to excessively vertical combat. Some players would have to look directly up to follow them and lose track of the rest of the fight. And that's not even the worst part; the wall climbing you can get used to and lead projectiles to hit him at the end of it. In fact, him slowing down near the end of the wall climb is a weak moment where you can easily hit him. But he bypassed that moment and made his movement even more erratic with a double jump, leading to a situation where you were better off waiting for him to fall down instead of even trying to track him.

Now keep in mind that Winston and Dva can essentially do something similar but with less control and a cooldown, while Genji could just spam this tactic at will. The nerf does make perfect sense for anyone that plays with and against him.

I know where you are going with this so let's clear one thing first. "gg ez" is not "quality banter". It's lazy and done only because the one saying it knows how much anger he causes with just 4 letters. There's no way you can defend it at all and if you can't take a company mocking people that spam that cheat, you're a hypocrite.
That said, I wish people could control themselves better and not react to that shit. They only say it because they get a reaction out of it anyway.

That was Stephen Colbert.

You say that like it's a bad thing. It's classic super hero design, Spiderman is literally a man that behaves like a spider. He does have a lot of story behind him that came with time but in the beginning that was it.

And even then, you're oversimplifying or ignoring some of it. Tracer isn't just "the british", she's a time ghost kept him place by a device Winston made for her. That piece on her chest is already quite an original story that you don't see much.
And Reaper has a shitton of lines that do convey that shit. "I'm not a psychopath, I'm an highly functioning Psychopath", "You look like you've seen a ghost" and "I walk the graveyard shift" that's coming.
76 and Winston mock him in pre-match with how bad ass he tries to look like as well.

He has a few details that most people haven't catched on to, like the mask not being just a skull, it's an owl skull and he does pose like a flying owl during Wraith Form (owls are associated with death in mexican mythology) and his story about constantly decomposing and regenerating, all due to Ziegler's technology is fairly unique.

Just because you don't know\care about the details in the story, it doesn't mean they aren't there. It just means you care as much as a regular normalfag.
I mean, none of this shit is Shakesperean any way, literally saturday morning cartoons. But it's still entertaining enough, and well done for what it wants to be.

I'd say most characters handle like half of any of those items, and that you need some coordination or teamwork to be at 100%. Zarya's can kill people with her ultimate, but when working with teammates, you easily wipe out the other team. Bastion is a bullet hose, and if someone is defending or healing him, he can let his guard down and just focus and killing everything in front of him.

The problem with Genji was that he was a full pair of scissors, that he didn't need a complementing teammate. I'm sure there's a design document out there that details what Genji should be, and it's probably something to the effect of being a ninja or an assassin; ambush an enemy, kill them, and then escape. Big moves, burst damage, and agile, but somewhat fragile and harsh cooldowns.

Those cooldowns should be his biggest problem because misusing or mistiming a skill should leave him very vunerable. Using his dash for a final blow when it should've been used to make a quick escape, or using deflect at close range and being punched to death. If he's able to circumvent those, then he's just squishy, which can easily be overcome with increased mobility and hunting for health supplies.

Isolated, all the character should be kinda crap. If you want FPS characters who are less crap, go back to TF2 and pretend hats aren't real. If you want skill, UT and Quake are still alive and well. But here we are with Overwatch: too many skills and traits spread super thin across dozens of characters, with more to come.

I actually DON'T want them to give Mercy the ability to shoot while healing.

I enjoy playing Mercy primarily because I get to focus on healing. Doing that to the best of my ability is easily as active and challenging as any DPS. Giving mercy the ability to attack and heal makes her too much like Zenyatta.

Zenyatta is fine (my second most played), but he's not ALLOWED to focus on healing to the extent that mercy is. He has to fire and forget his orb and pick up targets for discord/destruction at all times or he isn't functioning to his best.

I want mercy to be all about Healing/Buffing all the time. The gameplay of rapidly ping ponging between teammates to top them off or save them or find that one that needs damage boosting this exact moment, all while keeping aware of the enemy team and your own positioning so you don't get flanked or left without an escape is very fun. I don't want to be on the front line, healing whoever happens to be nearby while spamming my pistol because we need that extra 10-15k damage on target every match.

FYI, her pistol does as much as non-discord zen (100 DPS), so it's a pretty significant chunk especially considering discord doesn't affect damage to shields.

What I do want them to change though is to make the Damage Boost viable at higher levels. Currently boosting someone by 30% is basically saying "I can't aim so here's the next best thing". Her Blaster does more DPS than her boost grants 90+% of the time, so if you are good you switch rather than boosting, which breaks the whole heal/boost gameplay focus. Obviously her blaster is far from OP and shouldn't be nerfed, so she really needed that 50% boost they were testing with Ana. The reason they canceled that was because it actually hit a viable breakpoint, McCree could 1/2 shot people, but I believe that's exactly where it should be. If Mercy is boosting McCree than functionally that means that two people are focusing whatever he targets, and two people should definitely get a single target down fast.

The problem is that at higher levels McCree does NOT miss that many shots and a lot of them are headshots. Making it so Mercy's damage boost is up to 50% basically transforms his 70/140 damage per shot to 91/182. That's basically a headshot / two bodyshots against Tracer and Suitless Dva, two headshots against the majority of the cast, and like 3/4 headshots against everybody else - not counting the damage given by the rest of the team. Everything would practically be Mercy+McCree plus 4 other people protecting the two and the better McCree would dictate the game.

Wait, no, shit, I'm a retard. I did that math with 30%. With 50% it transforms from 70/140 to 105/240 which is basically a one-hit kill on the majority of the cast if they get hit by a headshot. Even Reaper and Mei only need 10 trash damage to die from that and they have arguably the highest health pool of all non-tanks.

Genji has this weird story where he was meant to be a melee hero too but they couldn't balance his fragility and damage properly.
His damage was either not good enough to justify him or too good not to have him on your team.

Eventually they made him this weird hybrid that deals harass from afar and only goes in for a kill. His mobility is more for proper positioning and flanking, not so much to get in and out of combat.
I guess the double-jump after wall running kinda ruined the concept since it afforded him far too much mobility with no cooldown or drawback, which leads to what you said, he just has no vulnerable time frame to be killed.

I still think he's a neat hero as he is, even if I still want more melee heroes. He has a fairly unique way to play where you have to alternate between long range and close range combat, I just wish he had increased melee damage.

Heavy says "hi". Pyro says "mmph".

I wanted to "main" Mercy as I liked the concept of that hero and focusing on healing only is pretty cool to me. Constantly flying around and just keeping people alive is very stressfull but fun as well.

However her survavibility is crap, and I love that hero. I don't stop playing her because she's worse as a healer, I actually know she is the best "focus healer" in the game. I stop playing her because decent players will always focus you first and there's nothing you can do about it because there's never any "escape hero" available. I always end up picking Zeny even though his healing is worse simply because I can defend myself with my damage and pick off the slack of the other team.

I really wanted to play only Mercy and I do agree she doesn't need more damage or shoot while healing (but the extra damage boost would be nice). She just needs better ways to use Guardian Angel. Either requiring no target or dropping a beacon she can use later, like that user said.

Agreed. but if you had 2 McCrees of equal skill focusing them instead they would be even easier to drop. The only reason I wouldn't argue for a straight 100% damage boost is because she can do other things at other points in the round.

Nigga they balance around their shitty competitive and ranked systems, not quick play. Your solution to that problem is literally 4/5 McCrees and 1/2 Mercy on every team every game.

I think Mercy's survival comes down to your own forethought in placement. You put yourself in a bad position and you are fucked. What exactly constitutes a "good position" probably takes a lot of experience to understand. It's not about expecting teammates to just be there, it's about knowing where they are going to be and preparing for it in advance.

I'd say her survival is much higher than Zen or Ana, because if she gets targeted by something she can't kill outright she has a chance in hell of getting away if she planned ahead. Also because she doesn't need to peak and do damage to be effective she doesn't have to put herself in as much danger to begin with.

Of course, but the hero limit was a retarded bandaid solution to begin with and needs to go away because it's strangling the meta in multiple ways.

Regardless, it's still comparable to two heroes filling a similar role, IE two ranged damage. Even if there doesn't happen to be another hero in that roll now there definitely will be eventually.

The ban limit is retarded in the long term but for the moment it's bloody perfect - fuck your shit. Once they introduce more heroes I do hope they take it out but God almighty I do not fucking want double Tracer, Triple Winston, and Lucio stacks ever again on KOTH maps, that shit gave me cancer. The Meta is honestly more of an issue due to Lucios speed boost bullshit than anything else imo.

The problem is the single hero limit forces a "balanced" team that generally counters itself. In other words you have both teams using the same 5 or 6 heroes with maybe one wildcard and nobody ever changes to counter the other team.

I'd much rather see 3 winstons and 2 tracers, have my team go 2 reapers 2 roadhogs to counter, then see the enemy team switch in zenyattas and mccrees to counter that on down the line of countering counter counters. Fluid swaps not stale meta.

The original problem wasn't "6 DVa OP" or anything like that. The problem was overtime and sudden death. Certain heroes like Tracer are too good at stalling out overtime indefinitely when stacked, and something like 5 winston/lucio can steam roll a sudden death point before the defenders know what's happening. Sudden death is gone, so that's not an issue. The stalling needs to be fixed by changing how overtime works (no instant recharge, no invulnerability).

Does anyone who was ~65ish as a damage/tank main want to run through PTR placement matches with me on support? I'd very much like to have someone roughly my level to compare the results with.

So everyone has seen this right? D.Va's new emote (which also happens to be the only legendary tier emote in the game) comes complete with dew and doritoes stand-ins.

I'm more interested in the fact that Junkrat's new emote has similarities to one of Mei's older emotes.
But that's because I'm a dirty shipper

Mei doesn't even like Junkrat though.

When has that ever stopped shippers?

No fucking shit.

I think you meant to reply to , bro.

I did.

DEEPEST LORE
no really though go fuck yourself idiot and show me your smelly fujo vag

I… What?

show me your crusty naruto filled fujoshi vagina

I keep getting connected to 300+ ping servers, what the fuck?

It's like you're trying to speak to me, I just know it.

Yeah, no.

What's the text that gets spammed in the chat all the time?

I love this game sometimes

What is this?

its the ptr
shit gets wiped fucking every patch

There was a bug with matchmaking, they reset and need to test it again.

Think of it as a chance to test the consistency of placements.

Fuck. Any point bothering with ranked on PTR then, or is it just going to get wiped again?

OF COURSE it's going to be wiped again. If not this week than when the PTR closes.

The point is practice. You get to avoid quickplay AND practice with the hero changes AND you know what to expect in the new comp systems.

What the fuck did you expect? It´s a test server for a reason. You´re not supposed to play regularly there.

why bother with the ptr at all

Nerf her ult to only revive to 50% health (or 150 health or something) and give her that ability.

To test out shit in preparation for live. Unfortunately its filled with fucking western Yurops so its automatically shit.

chink autism knows no bounds

Or what? Is there 3rd person mode? Or model viewer? Or spectator mode where I don't take up player's slot? Or something?
I just want to buy it and fap all day on AAA asses, not actually play it.
And no SFM won't do.

Pretty sure it has the last two.

It's subtle, but user isn't wrong.

Yes he is.

I want spiderposters to leave. This is an insect only site.

I know right?

Ha ha what are you even talking about? You don't imply this spiders can type at all? Maybe you're just afraid of little cute critters?

ha ha

Everyone knows all spiders only post on /cuteboys/ anyway.

Aside from their Ultimates(debatable for Lucio and Ana), all supports are considered better than Mercy, and all of them can shoot while they do their job, only Ana does so on a technicality(she shoots to heal), and even for her, it means that she can contribute meaningful damage while still having her healing at a moment's notice.

There's really no argument to be made in terms of stepping on anyone's toes when considering Mercy getting blaster as alt-fire.

You could argue that she'd lose her unique identity as a 100% healer, but that's not really the interesting part of her(the mobility is), and her optimal play already makes lots of use of the blaster.

At the very least, they could speed-up or remove the necessity to switch weapons: I'd perfectly happy if RMB used the blaster instead of the damage amp, without switching weapons.

Why does this game wants to make me feel bad for robots? Are they the niggers of the future?

Close. They're like if Niggers turned into Tibetans in like, 30 years.

Guess which one

Well it can't be Niggers. They're shit when it comes to manual labor.

If you join a friend's match and it's full you're in spectator mode, if that works. Just watch Widowmaker waddle back and forth a bunch.

someone post the PotG webm
Do with that what you will.

That doesn't sound like niggers at all

Fuck
I love the weird level of detail they put into the characters.
Roadhog's backstory is great too, furious tribesman come merciless anarchist

Still better than mess with cows' shit yourself right?

Wow, that's racist user. They usually can even speak and sometimes write. That's pretty much intelligence.

So Widowmaker's the good guy all along?

good girls dont have asses that fat

Is that purple sniper?
Why is she purple btw?

As much as I dislike niggers, that's a fucking idiotic proposition. They were literally conditioned to do exactly that.

This guy picked up the right trait.

because she sat on her foot too long and cut off the blood to her entire body

Human experimentation. They brainwashed her into an emotionless husk, messed with her metabolism until her body cooled, and (presumably) gave her that ability that Quiet has, so she doesn't die of rotting skin.

Something about slowing down her bloodflow or something so she can be a better sniper or some other dumb faggot logic.
I don't know. I don't pay attention to the lore of this game in the slightest, because I'm not an enormous queer.

Reminder that the Omnic Crisis means Blizzard have already written themselves a backstory for a Mann vs Machine gamemode.

It would probably work better with Overwatch than in TF2 as well.

That's only if Talon go the whole 'second Omnic crisis' path that people are speculating, which is unlikely since a good number of Talon's numbers are probably Omnics too, and a second one would be worse for them than anyone else.

There's no reason why they couldn't have a game mode which is set in the past. Considering they already have skins based on heroes past selves. The game itself doesn't seem to really given a shit about continuity or coherence.

(checked)
I think most of the cast is too young to have participated in the Omnic crisis.

Despite this cinematic looking cool,
Chinese cant even make their own music

i like that, why arent there more lines like that? its a game about overwatch characters but they hardly have character!
whats the deal with it?

I'd love every character to get an Omnic skin(thicc omnic Mei).

That would absolutely not stop them from causing another Omnic crisis.

The reason Talon was salty about the first one is that it caught them with their pants down, and they didn't really get anything worthwhile out of it, while new powers(Omnics, their sympathizers and opponents) have entered the stage, making Talon less relevant at pulling the strings in global politics.

You're talking about a game where a character can be shooting an exact copy of themselves.

I assume they wanted to copy the whole TF2 thing, what with giving the characters personality, but then ended up with a bunch of obnoxious stereotypes instead.
I'd say TF2 is mostly obnoxious stereotypes as well, but they just pulled it off better.

The Bird is Bastion's stand confirmed.

Lore-wise you may be right but it's definitely not an argument against them just shoving a game mode in anyway

I think that bird would need much huger wings if it's going to get that hulking frame off the ground.

theyre perhaps afraid of making them "too obnoxious". but reaper is one of the most amusing characters because they dont really hold back with him.
i guess the videos are where the characterization is supposed to happen, the bastion one is interesting because it shows you that the bird keeps him 'sane' more or less.
thinking back on tracers videos, maybe its unfair of me to say tracer for example is underdeveloped, shes just not who i want her to be? i mean, she was in the air force prototyping the vic viper or whatever, not just some kid they picked up off the street.

I'm not even sure how an anti omnic gamemode would work. If I remember correctly most omnics like Bastion were constantly in their tank form during the war so unless they heavily nerf the ai version I don't see it happening.
Honestly I'd rather a gamemode where you pilot one of those huge Pacific Rim Russian mechs from Volskaya.

I thought Bastion was just a regular robot, and that an omnic was something like Zenyatta.
Now that I think about it though, I'm not sure exactly what the difference would be.

Don't get my hopes up, I long for proper mech-play

Once a frontline combatant in the devastating Omnic Crisis, Bastion has all but lost its combat programming and now explores its surroundings, fascinated by the world and its inhabitants.

Though Bastion's new nature is gentle, its core combat programming takes over when the unit senses danger, utilizing its entire arsenal to eliminate anything it perceives as a threat. This has led to instances of conflict with the few humans it has encountered, and it tries to avoid populated areas in favor of the wild, uncharted regions of the world.

t. wiki

I don't see why the bastions during the war wouldn't use their whole arsenal 24/7.

i think omnitron or whatever is the company that built the 'minds' of these robots, giving them personality?

i think they really missed that opportunity with d.va.
so her crit box is a big zone on her front. what if she had a few moderately ranged weapons and was encouraged to face away from enemies she didnt want to take as much damage from, getting some sort of mock mechwarrior torso twist action going on
instead of this hyper mobile feather shotgun kamikaze she currently is.

Doesn't this game take place in the future?

Wiki

Her crit box is huge, but she can also nullify projectiles in a pretty large area in front of her. Seems like a good trade to me.

Yes, I suppose lore wise Bastion just wanders into places randomly and only starts fighting because someone spooks him.

What I'm saying is, we have the world mapped out already. How is there any uncharted territory in the future?

WIKI

CURRY

THE BIRDS OF PREY
PSO2 X Asswatch collaboration when?

Also, she has hella armor to help mitigate this as well.

Nigga you're trying to make sense of shitty writing from Blizzard. I think its safe to assume they meant uninhabited regions such as deserts, forests, and the like instead of uncharted.

Also, speaking of the whole Mann vs Machine shit, I kinda hope they make a mini-RTS mode or some shit instead of that first because God damn - I seriously need a semi-campy game / campaing ala Red Alert 2 and if this shit setting would be good for anything its that. Armored German units with shields delivering broken english bants.

I don't actually know, since the monkey was born on the moon they'd have satellites. Then again when the omnics revolted they probably took control of a good batch of technology along with them, that's the only explanation I've got.

also

well, as far as the video game setting, they are seen as and exhibit the traits that would be considered the realm of living thinking creatures.

even considering these things the meka is rather fragile and her weapons might as well shoot marshmallows.
but thats not the point im trying to make. a few tweaks and she could play like a mechwarrior ripoff

So whos golden weapon is gonna be your first purchase?

I think they all look shit and wish you could mix skin weapons like the white zen orbs from his epic skin while using the sunra skin

Fair enough.

Ah. Yeah, she's not made for dealing damage, unless you're down their throat.

Nothing cause fuck that gay shit, saving them up for the inevitable skins, taunts, and whatnot purchasable only with points.

Golden guns are fucking garish. I'll just hold onto my tokens. I'd rather not use them at all than using them on something that ugly.

I'm between getting Roadhog for the golden hook or Reaper so I just keep trashing golden guns.

this guy knows whats good in life

I just wish it affected Symmetra's buildables, a solid gold teleport would make me only ever play her.

I haven't even spent a single gold coin yet, let alone competitive points. Like the other anons noted all the guns except for Reaper's and I'd say Dva's look shit.

That's pretty good, actually.
You're alright, user.

I'm not saying that mercy being evil is going to happen, but Blizzard has a respectible fetish for corruption and she's the most likely to get corrupted assuming Sombra isn't Alejandra like I think she is. Then Somba will probably get the Kerrigan treatment one day

If you've got Roadhog's Mako or Sharkbait skin, the golden cannon-shotgun looks pretty neat. Fits in with the pirate theme.

What kind of faggy name is Sombra, anyway?

Is sombra a waifu or a nigger?
Id reck anas granny cunt and cum on her wrinkles
But we need a proper ara ara, mercy is pretty close

It's from the country that pays for Mei's ice walls.

Don't actually main Roadhog, speaking of pirates though, doesn't Torbjorn's gun look any good in gold?

She's some sort of hispanic, probably. Mercy is Christmas Cake. Ana's the only Ara we're getting it seems, but at least she has her young skins.

she might be a very sad mexican

And clang

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if (she?) doesn't have a skin that looks exactly like that.

If I'm not completely wrong, it seems that we'll get some clang alongside or close after sombra. Athena's mechanical hips will be great.

Is there some kind of list of characters that are going to be added? The only reason I know about this Sombra character is from lurking these threads. I hear there's another guy called Doomfist (ugh) and apparently Athena?
Additionally, anyone know how they're supposed to play?

Not so much a list, but in Winston's recall video, you see a lineup that doubles as an early shot of heros. One of them is a female-looking robot with the same logo on her head and crotch that Athena (winston's AI) has. You can also see her body in the market ruins of the Temple of Anubis. Really it's speculation, but there's a little support for it.

Oh yeah. As far as they play the general concensus is that Sombra is a stealth hero; in the PTR before ana came out, there was a lot of lines for different heros calling out to someone that's hidden, and with the ARG's nature of hiding things it seems to fit. Also with a name like "Shadow" being sneaky would fit and Blizzard isn't that subtle. She'll probably have either a quick cloak that's an ability, or a passive cloak when she's standing still. Probably won't be a long-range hero because the ability to hide would be busted at long distances. Her ULT will probably be an AOE cloak or stealth field she deploys, and one ability will mess with enemy info somehow. Again it's all speculation, but Reaper doesn't seem like a hacker type, while sombra has been referenced multiple times with links to info and hacking.

Athena, I think, would be an opposite and focus on

There's a fuckload of mini hints and shit pulled from game files. A while back I saw someone link to a post on Reddit that had like 50 unrecognized audio files that had everything from voice lines to weird space-y sounds.

When will we get a Islamic hero that uses explosives

well, doom fist will probably punch people

anywho, heres whats speculated to be athena, because of the A emblem. as well as others

I forget where it's seen but apparently there were at least 3 Doomfists that used the titular gauntlet.

Fun fact, that dude in the yellow suit is what Ana was going to be

We've already got an aussie that drops grenades around him when killed, what more could you want?

Nubai. The mission involves escorting his gauntlet, and the city sees Doomfist as a hero.

Isn't that just the Arch Linux logo?

so what youre saying is athena might end up being a loli bot?

Lets not kid ourselves mate, a melee focused hero is not going to happen for a long time if Genji is anything to go by. If anything I kinda hope Doomfist is a support-ish type of character with a very fast ultimate charge - basically create terrain with the fist then use it to punch someone to death as an ultimate.

I'm pretty sure they only see the first and the latest Doomfists as heroes, the second nicknamed the Destroyer or some cringy shit like that. Then again,

She's not even fat enough.

I'm honestly pleased with her, from a design perspective and everything else. Fucking love Nana even if literally EVERYBODY ELSE IS A FUCKING NIGGER WHO CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES FROM WAKING A SLEEPING TARGET 50 FEET AWAY FROM THE POINT FUCK

I still don't get it why Pharah tells Dad 76 that he didn't know her mother very well, when he says she'd be proud of her daughter, meanwhile Pharah and Ana seem to have a solid relationship in the pre battle banter.

The headcanon of playing Zarya in King's Row offense and genociding omnics is too good.

Pls don't awaken the thickposters

alright guys I'm nearly convinced to buy this game

however, I feel a little bit hesitant about dropping $40 on it. Does Blizzard happen to have a refund policy like Steam does? meaning 2 week and under two hours of playtime and you get a refund. I'm guessing not, knowing blizzard, but just thought I'd ask.

They got a refund policy of sorts but from my understanding is that its rather shady as fuck. Your best bet if you do buy it is to play a solo custom game against bots for about thirty minutes and see how you feel about it before going any deeper, as I think you can't refund after level 10 anymore and that shit is achievable in like an hour - two tops.

There's no solid policy but they apparently accommodate reasonable requests.
When I was buying Overwatch I bought it to the wrong account by accident and I got a refund within like 20 minutes.

I think they may be coming out with a trial version, so you could wait for that. As for refunds, a friend of mine bought it and it ran like shit on his pc so he was able to get a refund out of it.

Why are there so many niggers though
We will get robot niggers soon and double niggers

Is pharah a nignog or is she just a chocolate?

Egyptian so delicious brown.

well maybe not her entire kit. he may have had some kind of chemical thrower that hurt enemies and healed allies

shes a shantae

Chocolates are the best

5 or 6 if you count Winson out of 22 isn't so bad. Only 3 if you don't consider Pharah and Ana niggers.

My only hopes is a defense Fist Wizard. Solves all his problems by punching.

They're egyptian, that's literally in africa unless I'm mistaken

When will overbabies realize they aren't wanted on this board?

It's northern Africa you nigger, it's a special exception if its not south of the Sahara.

Egypt is not a subsaharan country. Different race.

A user tried it some weeks ago and here-s what he found out.
You can refund the game as long as you havent leveled more than lvl 5.
This is enough for about 10 or 15 matches if you play them all in sucession and should be enough to convince you if you like the game or not.

You might also wait for the free trial they are gonna try, judging from what they are hinting at.
I still suggest watching a few youtube videos with gameplay so you know what you are getting before you waste bandwith.

Africa is a large continent and is home to various ethnicities.

For example, there are some white people that live in south africa (which is the name of a country that is in the south of Africa the continent). So you wouldn't call them niggers would you? They're descendant of European colonists, they just live in africa

Northern Africa is ethnically different from the rest, don't buy into that "We wuz kings" shit

but its funny and it triggers people

You would.

I guess. I'm still wary, though.

South Africans aren't niggers, they're cunts.

So they're Mini-Australia.

You have 5 teammates. One is a tank in the front line, you have a sniper somewhere, an offhealer nearby and 2 flankers, or 1 flanker and 1 Offense nearby.

You are standing behind the tank for protection with the other healer and maybe the other damage dealer, if he was chosen, nearby.
The sniper is behind you or maybe to the sides but in a balcony behind cover. The flankers are currently behind enemy lines.

A Reaper or a Tracer come up for the side or the back. How do you survive?
You cant GA to the flankers, they are on the front and youd just dive into even more danger.
You cant GA to your tank, he is right in front of you. Same goes for the other healer and maybe the Offense hero.
You can maybe try the sniper, but he is most likely behind cover with no LOS for you. Its unreliable at best.

Your best bet in this situation is hope that your team saves your ass or pull your blaster and kill him.
But compare Mercy in this position with Zenyatta, more damage, Ana, sleep dart and burst damage, Lucio, backblast and speed. Every other support has a better chance of surviving then Mercy does because they dont rely entirely on their own team to save their ass.
Its not that its impossible but rather that shes always worse than any other support in that situation because GA doesnt save her at all. And it doesnt matter if you can rez or outheal everyone else because you cant do that dead.

Watkin and Anri were better looking before Die Antwoord

Far worse than Australians. At least *some* aussies are alright.

Fuck off, SA's are lovely bet you're a nigger

What's your beef with Afrikaners anyway?

Theres a total of 3 doomfists. One is the saviour, considered a hero. The other is the scourge considered a villain. Theres a final mistery one called the Sucessor, whos identity isnt even known.
It seems Doomfist is just the guy weilding the gauntlet currently but its always a nigger or something.

I did heard that hes currrently in Nubani fostering hatred between Omnics and Humans trying to incite a war.

He may end up being the next melee centric hero but quite tanky at that. Genji had the problem of being squishy by nature so damage and mobility had to be properly balanced to make him viable but not OP, which didnt pan out okay.
However Doomfist might end up like a less tanky but more mobile Reinhart. Get hype.

To be fair my only experience is from yachties, but 100% of the time saffers are hell to deal with

He wants to see your body pillow.

Talons operatives and its boss are currently unknown. We literally only know about 2 menbers, Reaper and Widow.

However, Widows short shows that they have interest in sparking war between Omnics and Humans for some reason, so they do want a second Omnic crysis for whatever reason.

Omnics are sentient robots created in a special factory called an Omnium. Said factory usualy features a very pwoerfull and advanced AI that controls the units it produces. A bit like a sentient hive.

Its quite possible that Talon waas started by a very powerfull Omnium that has every interest in restarting the Omnic war now that Overwatch is out of the picture.
Reaper wanted the rest of the agents in Recall to kill them before Overwatch restarted, the EMP bomb in the britain map would cause the Omnics there to rebel after having hundreds killed. etc, etc.

It might also possible that they just hate omnics and want to kill them all. They see peace as degeneracy and they just want to redpill everyone at how violent omnics can be, that theres no chance for coexisting.
Considering Talon is formed by ex Blackwatch menbers that never were recognized by the public for their effort in the Omnic waar and may be salty about it, thats also likely.

Sombra is quite possibly an Omnic herself, the counterpart to Athena. Both robots will be released at the same time, the character screen has 2 slots ready for them that werent there for a while after Ana was released.
Judging from Athenas role in Recall and the ARG revolving around Sombra, they both seem heavily related to information. Sombra will probably feed her team the position and status of the oposing team as will Athena, but the first through stealth and the second through a satelite maybe.

Yeah, real smart guys. Make superior lifeforms and hook them up to a hivemind. That always goes really great.

Also

So a shit mcree
We need a ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ult

So a good roadhog?

Wouldn't that make Bastion basically Gamma from Sonic?

Inverse Roadhog.

Uses hard light to grab hold of an enemy and pulls Doomfist towards the enemy. Then he can punch them to death.

Sadly that seems unlikely, too reminiscent of Rein+Widow+Hog

I don't see how, at all.

Already wrong. Don't get too close to the tank, he is right in the middle of the most dangerous area. You need to heal him of course, but only get in long enough to top him off and then GTFO again

This is literally a case of "git gud".

Towards the end of S1 Genji was a serious threat because he could follow you fucking everywhere and nobody would ever stop him. Coupled with OP speed boosts and discord and no wonder Mercy wasn't played. Genji is going to be much less common of a threat now, everyone else is reasonably easy to get away from if you are prepared.

This a scene from the animatrix a prequel to the matrix explaining some of the lore behind the movies
and has absolutely nothing to do with overwatch

we are bound to see a little bit of overlap

I'm going to assume you're baiting or retarded.

Doomfist will very likely be African so don't count on luchador except on a skin.
Looking back at the trailer, he will most likely involve not just punching but tossing people around for control. Expect a very mobile tank or defender hero.

You are not gonna be your tank buttplug, but you aren't gonna stand very far anyway or you won't help much.
And neither of that addresses the problem.
You never have a reliable target for GA to escape combat, everyone else is either ahead, flanking or out of sight, making it an ability that contributes nothing to your survivability.

Benji is still the most mobile and versatile offended hero, you will keep seeing lots of him. He just won't be as obnoxious as usual.>>10452049

Excuse me? Luchador? What? What does any of that have to do with me?

Like I said you need to find a place where you are relatively safe and can easily reach at least two if not 3 distant points, one of which being the tank.

Also GAing forward to escape a flanker isn't always a bad idea, especially if you can quickly go back again.

i keep running in to genjis who save their ult for me because im the only one on my team whos competent enough to kill them. and they have no problem gaining ult charge off my team.
thats not going to change

This. This isn't TF2 where you can stick with one heavy or some other player and expect to do well as a support (though that kind of medic playstyle is wrong in TF2 anyways). Your job as a support/healer is to keep everyone alive and help the team push forward or push back as best as possible while trying to stay alive. Heal as many people as possible, but be wary that your teammate in need of healing may be in a situation where you could end up getting screwed over if you try to head over to them, especially if they're far away. As long as you stick to helping your team (either by healing or giving covering fire) while they do more of the damage, you'll do fine.

This is the Holla Forums version of triggering /k/ with stuff like "Clip", isn't it. Because I'm feeling pretty disgusted right now.

I can forgive the text not being backwards, it might not be intended for her or the future display might just be that good.

I like the idea of it being a legendary emote.

Bullshit or fair and balanced? This is of course my POV so there's no lag or anything in the aim.

The hook lines up to where she was when you were turning. It just looks weird because you kept turning.

Yeah I tried to follow, failed (overshot), and hit anyway out of pure luck.

Just speculating about the guy. I know some people would prefer he would be a luchador, but judging from the posters in Mumbai, not likely.
Your idea of reverse hog is basically a charge that he's bound to get as initiator.

My point is that there's no safe point to GA when you need it. Like you said, your tank is in the midst of fighting, but your sniper is behind cover and your flankers just lead to you being in the middle of multiple opponent's when you where trying to escape from 1.

My point is that GA is a lack luster skill that doesn't save you ever, except for lucky situations or when you are already losing the game.
And because of this, every other support will always be a better choice because their skills actually defend them.

I think I've found this game's easy mode.

Still bastion. Reaper's pretty easy/comfy but he's not complete EZMODO.

Other supports don't have the skills to defend themselves. They are specifically balanced NOT to be able to kill flankers solo. They can help, but if they don't get help and those flankers don't suck, they are fucked.

And like I keep saying, position yourself IN ADVANCE so that there will be a target to fly to. Know where you are going to go and how you are going to get there BEFORE you need to go there. Git gud motherfucker.

I've got about 150 hours on mercy, and another 40 on zen and lucio each. I know what I'm doing with each of the supports so it's not like I don't know what I could be doing as one of the others. If you can position yourself properly in advance Mercy is a slippery motherfucker and as hard to kill for most heroes as Lucio is.

Yeah, that goes to junkrat and his ungodly ability to churn meter out the ass.
Still won't stop him from being my #1 pick though

I can't play junkrat or bastion for shit. Reaper is easy though.

The easiest hero in the game though by far is Lucio. Honestly he should have a 0 star rating because he doesn't even have to do anything.

Defending yourself doesn't mean killing the flanker, it means escaping alive from him. Sleep dart and Speed or Amp it Up let Ana and Lucio defend against flankers and escape alive easily. Zenyatta has to make do with damage, but he can dish enough to make it viable provided you can aim.

I also play almost exclusively Support so don't give me the gg. You can position yourself wherever you want, GA is still restricted by your team. Their positioning matters more for GA than yours and so far you haven't said to whom you GA when someone flanks you.

With the exception of premades or Pharah( a bad idea for other reasons), there's no reliable use for GA to escape combat and Mercy will always be the inferior for this despite everything else being better.

My friend plays bastion and I just don't know how he does it, nut job even does it on offense sometimes. But I guess that's just from the team synergy he has with me and another pal we play with, having two guys to share information with would definitely make bastion a lot easier to play. Reaper is just fun because you can just turn into a mexican jumping bean and hopefully make someone on the other team mad enough to exclusively target you.

On another note, I really wish phara had an alt fire that let her stack three rockets together like in unreal tournament.

And yet I've once played with a Lucio on my team who was so shit he couldn't move and shoot at the same time and would stand out in the open in front of the enemy for them to kill him.

And I'll bet he STILL got like 10k+ healing.

But that's the thing.

Pretty sure he switched to healing once during his first life and forgot to switch off speed boost for the rest of the round after he died.

I've got 20 hours of lucio and I can promise that the majority of that is me having to be healer because nobody else did, or our mercy is too buys clinging to an airborn phara to help the rest of us, and won't change.

There's an option to make speed boost a toggle and work like 76s sprint. You can literally heal without holding anything.

It's like you don't want to have fun

You don't have to hold it down normally, just tap it once to switch modes. The option makes it so you speed boost when held and heal when released, but it bugs out sometimes and swaps functions.

Agree with that. I place lucio only when and because I have to, not because I like it. I would rather play literally any other healer, even Ana.

I like being on the frontline, and lucio's mobility and evasion give me that option vs the super-slow ball fondler or the walking "Hit me" sign.

I'd rather be almost anyone, but as far as supports go, it's hard not to pick Lucio since he's probably the best one, especially on king of the hill.

I'll give you that much, KotH is basically dictated by who has a Lucio. People understand his Ult and actually push, whereas with Zenyatta everyone treats it like you're just a distraction and not actually nuking them with heals.

How'd everyone rank this season?
I hit 49
pls no bully

35 highest, 30 final.

If you are below rank 30 at any point you should probably quit vidya forever and consider suicide. That's the rank for people who can't move and shoot at the same time.

56 after doing pretty much nothing but SoloQ. I am not looking forward to the first month of this new season.

Let me break down the ranks

50-60 is average. Average for overwatch that is, which means mainstream casual-core average. Basically its shit, but they at least have some basic comprehension of aim and shoot if only because they've played COD

60-70 is where the half decent players are. Nothing exceptional, these players have basically no shot in professional gaming and probably couldn't even win local tournaments but at least they can follow basic strategy.

70-80 is where you start getting people who can actually shoot. These are the folks who can reliably snap-headshot and could probably make a decent stream even if they still can't go pro.

Over 80 is the pros, though the low 80s are more like the low divisions.

On the low end, 40-50 are literally worse than the casual cod kiddies. They have no concept of strategy and probably would struggle to hit things with winston.

30-40 are where you get people complaining about jumping being OP. They can handle move and shoot (though they still can't hit anything) but throwing in a vertical blows their tiny minds.

20-30 can't even move and shoot.

If anyone under 20 isn't a deliberate troll, like symmetra who puts her teleporter on a cliff every single game, then how horrible they would have to be is impressive in itself.

58 Highest
58 Final

Started at 48 before I started playing with 2 other people, then it was smooth sailing.

If you play solo queue, and you get shitty placement initially, you can basically kiss goodbye to any higher ranks.

You seem to be suggesting the ranking should be regarded has having it's actual average at 65 if you compare it with other games instead of Overwatch.

I mean, congratulations on your 68, I'm sure that has nothing to do with your bad attempt at modesty there, but this ain't an arena shooter where personal skill trumps everything and ranked instead played exclusively by teams of 6.
There's far too many factors to take into account here and 50-60 is already fairly good, especially considering the average of the community is actually on the 40, as well as 70+ being about 15% only of the community.

I am sick of all that stacking in QP, I want a highlander mode between seasons.

play ptr

personal ability is factored into the xp gain/loss. If you are good, even as support, you will gain significantly more than you lose and be able to rank up with only a 50% winrate, which is exactly what happened with me.

The average is at 50-55, not 45, and considering how popular overwatch is and the fact that it's made by blizzard most of the population is the worst of the worst in gaming. Basically it's the same way an IQ of 100 is average, but is also really stupid.

And yeah I don't see myself as much more than a bit above average, just below the line of "good but not great", at least when it comes to more serious games.

You're guaranteed to get shit placement matches this season due to Mei and Hanzo being instapick by shitters in pubs and the higher end of players dropping down to your level temporarily. Reminder that winning a vast majority of your games with gold medals grants you like - what - rank 52 or so? So matches are going to be fucked for a fair while.

Also I'm honestly going to miss this 1-100 system, the new brackets won't do shit to make it so their high platinum / diamond solo-carry all their scrub teammates dream is going to happen.

PTR some people have reported getting as high as 3200 (mid diamond, should be either 63 or 68 equivalent) with only 5 wins and 100% support played.

Others have reported getting as low as 900 in the placements.

Personal contribution is weighted heavily, possibly more so this time around. How accurate the measure is is anyone's guess though.

What if I don't want to install another version of the game I currently have?

Christ. I don't think I've ever even seen anyone below 42, which is what I got placed at initially.

I almost always solo queue, because I hate myself or something. Once in a while a group would pick me up, and I'd gain a handful of ranks with them, and then throw that all out the window when I solo later.
Playing with a team instead of randoms is a whole other ball game. It's really the only way to make any headway at all.

I smell bullshit unless they started HEAVILY valuing healing done medals along with the other stats - such as how much damage sound barriers absorb, how many people rezzed, and so on and so forth. Even then it's a fucking large change from last season so I have my doubts mid-diamond is equal to 63-68.

This is another problem I have with the system really. Chose one, tiers or numbers, don't fucking mix and match them like this. It's going to become a pain in the ass to find the proper average of the competitive player base now that people are unable to drop tiers and only ranks.

Aye, same boat. I think only 5% of my games were in a group as far as ranked is concerned but it's much, much better than SoloQ when you got someone you know you can trust and focus healing on. And I still go back to SoloQ because I can't help myself but want to suffer.

Ah, it changed. It was 45 a few weeks ago. It's actually 51 now, according to masteroverwatch.

According to the same site, you're in the top 8% top players, globaly speaking.

I get your point, Overwatch players placed on old school shooters would be absolutely terrible. But I still think it's retarded to try and establish some linear comparison between both rankings, things aren't that simple. Old school shooters could just go for kill death ratios and that was enough to compare players at the end of a match since everything else contributed directly or indirectly to it. Team-based shooters aren't that simple to compute.

For instance, Support characters are screwed with the current system. Professional teams have played with the same players for the same matches and their support players got a lesser rank than the other players but still a very high ranking for the specific heroes they played, all because their partners where so good at the game they barely needed healing, leading to supports having less to do and winning less rank.
There's a video somewhere about this…

What's peoples' problem with Mei? I don't see her too often, and pretty much never play her, and when she does show up she gets her shit slapped more often than not.

For you to get that high many lower ranks should be offered as a sacrifice.

adding to my response, if you play support you will get outranked by your teammates and won't be able to play with them due to the harsher average rank restrictions.

Bitch is getting buffed and shitters are going to pick her enmasse if we are to go by the PRT. Same with Hanzo now that his projectiles are practically a hit-scan weapon outside of longrange.

She's considered a low effort hero that is really annoying but not exactly very effective. Like Pyro from TF2.
The truth is, she is actually even more annoying and effective on the proper hands but a very big liability on the wrong ones. Kinda like your average Genji or Hanzo.

I don't pay any attention to PTR at all. What's the skinny on upcoming changes?

Her Ulti is getting a buff somehow but that's it for her. Dunno what since I can't even imagine how it can be buffed. It's already pretty great.

Hanzo get's faster arrows, so you can't dodge them or something. Possibly to make up for the smaller hitbox, players must be bitching they can't hit anything now.

Mei's ult is now able to bypass barriers. That means it won't bounce back off of Reinhardt or Winston shields and is much easier to get a proper position on it. Its radius has also been increased from 8 meters to 10 meters to make sure faggots get frozen. It basically makes it near impossible to sit on a KOTH point anymore. It's not much and certainly won't put her into the competitive scene but as far as ranked is concern, you just got the fucking Waifu buffed and shitters will spam the fuck out of her.

Hanzo got the speed nerf on his projectiles reverted so now they are hit-scan at close range to medium range - requiring a lot less prediction and making him more consistent technically. His speed while the bow is cocked was also increased from -40% to -30% and its apparently quite noticeable. Apparently Projectile weapons had a previous buff reverted that made their hitbox bigger but I didn't personally tested it out. Regardless of that, Hanzo is pretty much going to be auto-picked in ranked on both fucking teams for at least a month while still being shit in competitive.

And some other shit for other heroes

Mei works in certain scenarios, her buff is nothing to write home about, it is only getting adjusted to bypass barriers when deployed and a bigger radius.

It's literally fucking nothing in the grand scheme of things but that won't stop normalfags, shitters, reddit, waifufags, and the THICKfag to ruin all ranked games for a month trying to make her work on a consistent basis.

I want Hanzo scrubs to go.
Which isn't to say Hanzo himself is shit, but shitters tend to gravitate towards him for some reason.

Healing output isn't what supports are scored based on. % of damage healed might be factored, but not the actual total.

Assists, both defensive and offensive, are probably the main thing. The ratio of deaths and active time, potentially including teammate deaths to a certain extent may also be a factor but I don't really know.

Anyway, there's a lot of room for "skill" to be a factor and a lot of support players are just salty when the ranking system is (rightly) telling them they suck ass. Because frankly there are a LOT of fucking terrible supports out there that get carried to higher ranks.

In more general ranked terms, I can't shoot for shit myself which is why I play support to begin with. There are people at rank 65 that manage to make me look good, not all of them but a good chunk. It's really pretty pathetic. I mean I'm the kind of person who will get 30% accuracy with Pharah.

how card can it be to make an accurate arrow head hitbox?

They can make proper hitboxes if Reins shield is anything to go by, its just that the arrows have their own hitbox as well and its fuckhuge on purpose.

The arrow hitbox isn't fuckhuge. Even with them reverting projectile hitboxes to their original state, it's still only very slightly larger than the model. There's some video comparison, but you have to look closely at the side by side to even figure out which is live and which is PTR.

Hanzo's other buffs, both his movespeed while drawn and the arrow speed that are making him godlike on PTR.

Found it.
% of damage healed might be what they will be factored but apparently it's not the current system.

I dunno why and I don't even play her much, but whenever I pick Pharah, it's almost like I can see movement lines where other people are gonna be next. I enjoy air shotting other Pharahs just to show them who's boss, it's really not that hard.

Unless you have some eye sight problem like I do you can and should improve your aim. It literally helps you with everyone.

You and every non-Hanzo. They gravitate to him because they are weeaboos that think Hanzo kills a lot of people and MUH DRAGONS.
They could pick Genji, but they probably think he's too hard for them. No, I'm serious.

Not at all, actually. The problem isn't that but rather how to make it a good hitbox and good doesn't necessarily mean accurate.

The smaller the arrow hitbox and the slower the projectile, the harder it is to hit with it. You could in theory kinda predict the average aim of most Hanzos based on the characteristics you give the arrow's hitbox.
Then you gotta keep in mind the other heroes. If he has a very hard time landing a hit, why pick him instead of McCree or Soldier?

A good hitbox for the arrow doesn't look like a tree log but at the same time, it can't be so small you're better off with hitscan instead.

I know the projectile speed is whats making him this instapick shit, I was only commenting on the bit about Blizzard not knowing how to do hitboxes.

Precisely, I mean, is not like it needs to be precisely the same size since all hitboxes in general are supposed to be slightly bigger than the models, but still, it appears they are as big as Junkrat's grenades.

I've been known to tear some shit up with Hanzo once in a while, but I only take him out once in a blue moon, because he gets shut down pretty easy. It has to be just the right circumstance on the right part of the right map and he's godly.
I wouldn't play sniper much in TF2, but when I did, I pretty much always used the hunstman, so I have a little experience with how you need to go about shit. Using a rifle is a whole different ball game which I suck at, so I can't into Widow

The video is pretty much flat out wrong. This coming from a support main who's been through the PTR comp/placements as Mercy.
Here are my PTR placement and rank changes. The first 4 I didn't record so they are estimates (in total they are off by +49 points)

2403 placement 4W/5L/1D
+~150
-~100
+~200
-~50
+150
+80
+69
+58
+51

The +150 (game 5) was a steamroll situation, I remember that one pretty vividly. I ressed virtually every death that happened and the enemy never took point the first point on hollywood. Ended the match with 9 resurrects and 60% healing done.

Anyway, with how badly I did in the placements (only 4 wins), this whole system is actually far too forgiving. Not a single loss was bigger than the previous or subsequent wins, so as long as I keep a 50 average I should go up indefinitely.

Also, he was pretty much fine the way he was. Changing his projectile speed is pretty fucking stupid, and I bet they'll change it again in short order. I'll laugh if they change it back to how it is currently when they realize how stupid that is.

I plan to go through the PTR placements again as soon as I can find a DPS main roughly rank 65 in season 1 to do it with and compare. Anyone up for that shit btw?

You have no idea how infuriating this is. Jesus Christ I want every retard that thought 50% win-rate meant they should constantly go up in rankings to get shot in the balls.

According to my data that SHOULD happen. This also fits with my experience in season 1 where I placed 55 and ended 68 with a 51% winrate.

51% flat or above is fine, I'm mostly annoyed with all the retards that have like 50.01% and shit like that complain they aren't going up in rankings - or hell, even more annoying - that they aren't advancing fast enough.

Is that for the recent PTR? Because they might be testing Season 2 and they might have changed the algorythm for specifically this.

It's also not necessarily wrong, your statistics are your statistics but you're not comparing them to someone that went precisely in the matches you went and won\lost the same games you won and lost.
That video compares the supports with the other players in their team and sees that, despite them ranking up, they do so at a slower pace than everyone else in the same team.

Again, this might be valid for Season 1 and they already fixed this in the PTR for the Season 2.

I liked him too, projectile weapons are more fun than hitscan (outsniping people with Torbj is hilarious) but the shitters that played him probably expected hitscan. Doesn't matter, they still aren't gonna stop me from magdumping their ass as Tracer.

It's not that linear. In theory, the lower your rank is, the faster it rises up with 50% winrate until you're at rank 50, where you rank up slower and slower until at some point you need more than just 50% winrate to keep ranking up.
This is assuming the same oponents but in reality you can keep ranking up with 50% winrate as long as you can maintain it against better players.

See it this way. If you are rank 50 and there's a player at rank 70 and you both play 30 matches with 15\15 for you, that means you're as good as he is and he is as good as you are. So despite both having 50% winrate, you'll gradually go up and he will gradually goes down until you both meet at 60 and stay there.

They are facing players equally skilled to them and they haven't improved to beat them more than 50% of the time. They shouldn't rank up at all, for their safety even. If they did, they'd get 30% winrate against better players than they are…

Why would anyone think a bow is hitscan. When has that ever been the case in any game ever?

I like to set up my turret somewhere in the back, and then go hide and ambush people that come and see my turret. They're rarely ready to be taken from the side like that. Rarely even bother repairing my turret unless I have nothing better to do, since you can just build a new one in short order.

They did a reset saturday morning, I haven't done placements again yet, I'm looking for someone to do a more direct comparison with for that reason. Those numbers were for season 2 PTR prior to the saturday reset.

It's not that I'm complaining or think that I deserve to go up for a 50% rate, it's that my numbers are telling me that 50% is more than enough to continue to rank up. I don't know how to do a statistical analysis more than eyeballing it, but Id say that if these numbers remain consistent I'd probably keep going up even with a 40% winrate.

Basically it's a clear case of the rank system saying my individual skill is better than my winrate, which makes a lot of sense being a support main (who isn't shit) stuck in solo queue.

This right here. I never get the people who waste their ult repairing their turret or try to repair a turret under fire when that piece of shit does less damage than Winston's gun and Toblerone's gun is fucking godly. The turret should be basically considered a disposable AoE debuff and distraction rather than an actual source of damage.

Disgusting.
I bet those are the same types of people who build up a nest in TF2 and then just sit in it doing fuck all. Flank incoming attackers with your fucking shotgun and throw them off rhythm.

What's with all these "skilled" Genji that pop their deflect when I am using Mei?

Maybe they're hoping for that one off icicle.

At close, range? meh, works in my favor at least.

Genji's reflex is to hit reflect the instant he takes any damage. They usually don't think about the fact the damage is unreflectable until it's too late. I've seen lots of Genji's reflect for Zarya and Winston too.

Same phenomenon as a McCree who fires his ult into D.Va's matrix when she gets in his face.

[shrug]
Don't ask me, dude. Can her ult be reflected? That'd be pretty hilarious.

The drone can be reflected and switch sides.

yep, as long as it hits the drone.

Kek, Genji has so much potential for lulz, but I'm not a huge fan of him in general. I've seen maybe 3 in this entire time that were able to go from "mild annoyance" to "legitimate threat".
There's probably fewer good Tracers though.

I'm not sure how else to denote an action. I've been conditioned away from asterisks for some reason.

Nigga stop that.

We have reaction images for a reason, newfaggot.

what the hell is with this character, even at max charge i cant' get consistent kills with either of her fire types

(checked)
Guess I'll just have to stop doing something that literally doesn't matter so I don't damage your delicate sensibilities. Where were you fags when people were talking about "shipping"?

Don't even start, niggerbrain. I've probably been around imageboards longer than you've been able to ejaculate.

Tip top kek m8, go back to the /gg/ generals.

Work with your team, distract and soften up your enemies so your flankers and such can murder them easily. Like most tanks, Zarya works best with other people. She's shit on her own.

Call the cops.

How even? At max charge that shit does 160DPS. Just focus down high DPS squishies that could kill you when your barrier's on cooldown.

maybe i just suck dick with beam weapons, does the beam range have intense fall off? it seems to stretch pretty far but theres been times i've held it down on something in the distance with no effect

Use the shields properly nigger. If yours is up, place it on yourself and go in to take a few shots to charge it up. Remember that 50 is the maximum you can get off of one shield so once you hit that sweet spot / are close to it / the two seconds are near passing up just back away slightly. You're not Reinhardt nor Roadhog and your frontline staying power is considerably lower than theirs. Zarya is more of a secondary-tank than anything. If the enemy has a Roadhog make sure to keep LOS of all of your teammates and save your ally shield for them once they get hooked else 80% of the cast is as good as dead. Free 50% energy and saved their life - something that will make most Roadhogs panic like fuck since they don't expect anybody but other thanks to put up a fight after getting hooked.

Note that your primary fire does more DPS than your secondary so if there's something like a Winston or Reinhardt shield in the way make sure to use the laser instead of the deathballs. Also the laser range is longer than it appears, it has something like 14 meters range and that's a fuckload. Try and learn how to hit the deathballs as they are your primary source of charge building and don't be afraid to even ult a solitary target if need be. General rule goes something along the lines of :

Laser regardless of charge
Laser regardless of charge if they are squishies or if one of them is a high-priority target such as Mercy. Deathball if they are tanks / have large hitboxes if charge is >70%
Deathball regardless of charge, if one of them is a squishy high-priority target laser if charge is >80% then continue deathballing.

Generally speaking you want to use the laser primarely for mid-range engagements while using the ball for close quarters and long range with a few exceptions. If its a McCree, any support hero, any tank hero, or a reaper you want to use the laser in close quarters while everybody else gets the deathball due to them being much more slippery - Offense speaking. Defense heroes get the laser but nobody plays them so who gives a fuck.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/gamergatehq/

reaction images are a reddit meme

good advice, i'll keep it in my belt

>>>/tumblr/
>>>/neogaf/

Something minor to keep in mind is that the bomb consumes 25 ammo but fires and deals full damage even at 1 ammo. So always fire a bomb before reloading during a fight.

I think Zenyatta's orb charge thing works in a similar way.

that's a good one to remember thanks

It does. Zenyatta's can also be canceled with a melle attack if you don't want to give up your position. The only notable exceptions I can think of are McCree and Genji. Fan the Hammer only fires as many shots as there are left in the chamber while Genji can fire as little as one star if you melee / dash during the firing animation.

You do realize that this is all because I said [shrug], right? How fucking pathetically stunted do you have to be to even care about something so innocuous? You're literally being a nigger right now.
Pick one, cocklover.

Lurk moar

christ

It's absolute horseshit that you can't buy the new skins with gold from the duplicates. At least let me spend my competitive points you fucks.

i'm expecting even worse bullshit once the event is over, like the skins being at insane prices, or locked behind real money