Circumventing the archive circumventers

So the alt-left cunts have decided to roll out some bullshit that prevents their pages from archival this past couple months or so. We can't just let these faggots win, though the other two options that are currently available, that is, to save the webpage or a screenshot of the webpage yourself often fall to scrutiny as it's often considered that the user from which the archive originates doctored the webpages to their own personal preference.

So, I've come up with two possiblities, of which at least one should work in theory that removes the "personal" part from the archive, and allows only non-doctored source pages to appear:

Thoughts? I'd like to know if this idea would be feasible or if the same pitfalls would be met with regards to the current archival services available.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/http://www.salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/
megalodon.jp/2017-0818-1720-19/https://www.vice.com:443/en_ca/article/9kkkby/lets-get-rid-of-mount-rushmore
archive.fo/CIjsz
censorship.news/2017-07-16-vice-decides-to-stop-archiving-some-of-its-pages-so-independent-media-activists-will-stop-discrediting-them.html
archive.fo/pTFZI
archive.fo/sHaul
snapito.com
zerobin.net/?7b9d5c61a5b93022#nPnhB6kkps2NBQ3L9n8OCMxmqGkBTL/G1NFxtrHQAdE=
shrinktheweb.snapito.io/v2/webshot/spu-ea68c8-ogi2-3cwn3bmfojjlb56e?size=800x0&screen=1024x768&url=https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mbb7b3/trumps-infrastructure-plan-is-a-trainwreck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can that FB(?) post be archived? It's a redpill all it's own. Literal Ministry of Truth stuff.

So they are blatantly saying that they don't stand behind anything they write or produce, and admit that they go back and change things to fit the current narrative, and "correct" unconventional truths?

Also, absolutely nothing can stop people archiving published material in some way or another. Vice is acting like a teenage girl or feminist activist, thinking that they can get something permanently removed from the internet.

*inconvenient truths

vice isn't doing shit but putting it in a robots file or in a tag somewhere. it's only not getting archived because the archive site is agreeing to abide by the robots file or the tag. there's nothing stopping any other archive site from popping up and telling them and everyone like them to go fuck themselves.

pretty sure you have all the legal standing in the world to do it too, atleast in the united states and if your not using it as a purely profit driven business, your capturing the pages whole and not scraping them and giving them credit.

it's the same reason the news can use clips and news from other news outlets as long as they credit them, it's fair use.

I was under the impression that running the article through google translate (or presumably any other translation service) and then archiving circumvented the block on archive websites. As in "detect language" to "english".

This is not really feasible, especially for single-page websites.
This would work.

But they can't block any kind of archiving without putting their content behind a login/paywall. You should be able to take a snapshot of the DOM regardless.

I'm confused too why you believe "save page as", zipping it up, and uploading it to an archiver will not work. I have saved many pages that way before.

Would freezepage be a viable option in this case?

Just archive the google cache. They can't really say no to google, right? You want to be on google, don't you, vice?
So just google the name of the article and go from there

REPOSTING ITT FROM

THE "ALT-LEFT" IS A KIKE MEME. STOP USING IT

There is absolutely NOTHING good about this "alt-left" bullshit for a number of reasons. For starters, it legitimizes the made-up media buzzword "alt-right", which we have rejected from the start, but more importantly, IT IMPLIES THAT THE ONES COMMITTING THE VIOLENCE ARE FRINGE ELEMENTS THAT DO NOT REPRESENT THE ACTUAL LEFT-WING.

How the fuck can't you idiots see this fact? What you're doing is FANTASTIC for our enemy. You are essentially giving them cover by saying that only the violent fringe "alt-left" is to blame, and that there is some legitimacy to the "regular left". No. Fuck off. THEY'RE ALL LEFT. Antifa are just the footsoldiers of the "moderate" left. They ALL want us dead. White genocide is a priority for all of them. There is nothing "alt" about any of this since they are engaing in the most typical left-wing antics since the modern "left" ever existed.

The "alt-left" meme stinks of judaism. You may fool autistic newfags and cuckchan migrants, but anyone with half a brain whose been here long enough can tell.

Alt-left pls. Even if there were such a thing as you describe, namely these mythical 'actual left-wing', it's obvious people conflate the more centrist right and the 'alt-right', especially at this moment.

There is no 'actual left', there is only the alt-left. When did you ever meet a libshit that wasn't alt-left?

Nice attempt at turning this into another buzzword, you obvious fucking shill
Everyone promoting non-white immigration, leftist policies, lgbbq faggotry, degeneracy, feminism, and other assorted garbage are the actual left-wing. They are all our enemies, not just the violent segments you wish to compartmentalize. The violent parts are just the foot-soldiers of the "intellectual" class. You're trying to absolve the rest of them of any responsibility by acting as though the "alt-left" is solely to blame. The ENTIRE left deserves a bullet since they're all traitors. Crying about the "alt-left" is like saying "I oppose RADICAL islam only, but the moderate muslims are okay".

No. There is no "alt-left", there is only the actual left. The left has remained the same left for decades. There is nothing "alt" about their methods or goals.

The alt-left doesn't fucking exist. Keep trying to push this psyop, though.

How does throwing your stuff through the memory hole helps?!

You're discrediting yourselves, archiving just makes it easier to register your hipocrisy.
First example that comes to mind: When they acused Milo for defending pedophilia, they had to shut down their own article defending pedos.

Old media (newspapers) rarely admited they were wrong but you still had the actual paper to demonstrate them they were wrong. These "millenial news sources" (sic) are just editing/deleting their stuff to defend their narrative because truth doesn't matter.

I've archived google caches and even archive.org versions of sites before they got DMCA.

I mistook Vice for Salon, for some reason.

archive.is/http://www.salon.com/2015/09/21/im_a_pedophile_but_not_a_monster/

goddamn that motherfucker just looks like a pedo

Alt-lefter (or also known as a faggot), I have a question for you.
Why are you so triggered?

What's the alt-left? Some shitty establishment kike attempt at avoiding any responsibility? Sounds like it to me.

Hey there alt-leftie! Watcha doin?

Because web 2.0 mandates that all content is in memory and retrieved from asynchronous JavaScript.

Your save page will get the HTML, css, and requisite JavaScript, but the actual content is still on their servers. You have to export the DOM after that content has loaded.

Hey there shlomo, your shilling won't work.

There's nothing stopping anyone from downloading the HTML and saving it locally. Which means there's nothing making it impossible to archive.

I do find it hilarious though "Oy very we made it impossible to save our articles because those evil Nazis we're saving our articles!"

User -agent: AhrefsBot
Craw-delay: 2

User-agent: *
Crawl-delay: 1
Disallow: /*/preplay/*
Disallow: /en_us/page/8948fc79-8e1f-4458-8755-86a1c036ba4e

Why do o get the feeling that I'm looking at a password hash? Is Vice really retarded enough to not know the robots file is public?

TOO LATE

megalodon.jp/2017-0818-1720-19/https://www.vice.com:443/en_ca/article/9kkkby/lets-get-rid-of-mount-rushmore

You're absolutely confident this isn't javascript fuckery? If it's breaking pages for some normal users, it's more likely and this could be harder to circumvent.

Keeping historical records is now "xenophobic, racist, bigoted, sexist and Islamophobic". Lol, these people are completely insane.

They are in full damage control, they have an arsenal of logical fallacies and they are not scared to use it.

ALL CHROMIUM BASED BROWSERS
Wasn't hard, right?

You'll have shills whining about how images can be spooped.

This, sadly.

Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the issue, but I dont know enough about web dev. Is there a way to make a more robust page downloader as a browser plug-in that extracts what is displayed out of memory.

But I guess the easier way is to just screenshot the page like mentioned in OP.

But you know what? It doesn't matter. grab the screens and upload them. fuck it. When people bitch about the archives show them the fuckery the kikes are pulling.

Most normies get hit with screenshots and it's enough. They don't do enough due diligence to get past their outrage. If they care enough about archives they will understand the kike's hiding SOMETHING.

Guaranteed shitlibs will actually believe it.
Soon we'll hear from the gov "Sorry goy I stole billions in taxes because some of it might go to the raycists."

Okay, that's an argument. But you can use a proxy site which uses GET or a translater like someone mentioned to circumvent their url block. There are so many. They'll never be able too block them all.
Tested it here: archive.fo/CIjsz
Should work better with other sites (not bing).

Unfortunately the translator can't grab the secure page. Keep digging for solutions though. Bound to find one until they plug the hole.

About 2 weeks of penicillin.

That same cap with zero archive or source has been posted literally 5+ times that I've personally seen over the last two months, each time pretending that it's new, and each time failing to provide an actual archive.

If normal users can access it, so can an archiver. Hell, if you're too lazy to try and find what they're doing to block the archivers, you can just use your console's inspector to copy and paste the page's live DOM.

HTML can also be edited, live in the browser even. So complaining about jpgs in particular is a little silly.

This. I remember this thread. We already had it. Probably multiple times like you said.

We're talking about PNGs!

Don't bump this! I think this is just old news. (like months old)
/thread

Which is why screens aren't considered valid. Having trouble keeping up? No one is complaining about jpgs in particular just that they are rather useless for providing legitimate evidence because of stated reasons.

Vice must really be dying if they're concerned enough to lie this hard to protect their clickbait ad revenue.

Over 1 month old. REPORTED!
censorship.news/2017-07-16-vice-decides-to-stop-archiving-some-of-its-pages-so-independent-media-activists-will-stop-discrediting-them.html

kike the kikes, jew the jews
take an archive.is capture of the google cache of their webpage

they couldn't virtue-signal shit if they de-listed themselves now, could they?

vices robots.txt

User-agent: AhrefsBot
Craw-delay: 2

User-agent: *
Crawl-delay: 1
Disallow: /*/preplay/*
Disallow: /en_us/page/8948fc79-8e1f-4458-8755-86a1c036ba4e

how to circumvent
step 1, go to ixquick.com
right click on proxy link (pic related) copy link location

step2, go to archive.is, enter ixquick link

step3, ???

profit

archive.fo/pTFZI

No, it triggers the fuck out of liberals, antifa, etc. It sounds cringy and they don't want to be associated with it, so that means we should use it. It's also just important to emphasize to people that alt-left = communists

I've always maintained that archival sites should at least have the option to do the archival in-browser instead of on their own server, then it'd be impossible to stop an archive from happening.

WORDS DON'T HAVE MEANING UNLESS WE SAY THEY DO, GOYIM

The irony is that the same braincancer that gave us liberals also gave us Node.js, which can be used to circumvent their protection schemes if they do rely on scripting.

holy shit
VICE KIKES MONITORING THIS THREAD

archive.fo/sHaul

ITT: tech illiterates
They can do nothing to stop archival.

Vice has got that Murdoch money now.
Suroosh Alvi is literally making videos about how he's a spiritual jihadist.

The only person worth a grain of salt there is Ben Anderson and i'm willing to bet he's a crypto of some sort.

I don't think the issue is a copy user. You can do that with web browsers themselves sine 6,000 years ago. The primary issue is non-repudiation. Sites like archive.is et al arguably have some degree of neutrality, and a reasonably well-proven track record of maintaining legit archives. You, my little user friend, don't.

hoooo boy, the alt-left maymay is really booty bothering them.

it makes perfect sense tbh.

All future infographics related to Vice should include
-Original link
-Google cache link
-Archived cache, pre-editing
-OP's screencap
Rub it in thier faces every single time.

What if we actually do spoof a bunch of screencaps of Vice making them look terrible? Maybe even give them the ben garrison treatment. They would be falling over themselves to proove they didn't do it and they would not be able to immediately discredit it just because it is not archived. Im saying maybe we can force their hand or look bad/lose credibility.

what happened to lets blow up

Fuck it, start doing "game captures" of the websites and upload that shit as a webm.

Meme general reporting in for duty….
snapito.com
Generates a link to an image TIFF, JPG, BMP, PNG, or PDF, etc. of the web page, which you can then archive as normal. Proof of successful grab from Bongland Vice tested and posted.

I made a rough hack of a web page to facilitate archiving other sites. Feel free to modify and enhance as it really is a rough hack. Usage in pic related.
Save as polarchiver.html and open in a browser.
zerobin.net/?7b9d5c61a5b93022#nPnhB6kkps2NBQ3L9n8OCMxmqGkBTL/G1NFxtrHQAdE=

They wish to prevent commentary. "shut it down"

Testing.
shrinktheweb.snapito.io/v2/webshot/spu-ea68c8-ogi2-3cwn3bmfojjlb56e?size=800x0&screen=1024x768&url=https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mbb7b3/trumps-infrastructure-plan-is-a-trainwreck

>shrinktheweb.snapito.io/v2/webshot/spu-ea68c8-ogi2-3cwn3bmfojjlb56e?size=800x0&screen=1024x768&url=https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mbb7b3/trumps-infrastructure-plan-is-a-trainwreck
Works fine user. I tested before posting too, which is what the first related pic was from.

The beauty of snapito is you can download in many different formats, or even use the generated link in the normal archive service.
The Holla Forums archiver web page I made is for more straight forward sites that can be bypassed using a proxy. It can be used for archiving normal pages too, if you just want the archive form open in a tab. Edit as needed.

For mere screenshots, Nimbus capture is fine. This Snapito is useful because it creates an archive - after all, anybody can MS-Paint whatever into a mere screenshot.

True, there is no alt-left, only the Marxist left which has infested the universities for decades, there is nothing "alt" about it, it's just more Marxist than the emotional left or the centrist left.

They want to call themselves journalists but don't want any of the responsibility.

Before nu-media you staked your reputation on every story you published. Because once it hit the presses there was no going back.
"unnamed sources" and "35 sources close to" where unacceptable. Anonymous sources where a tool you used to get to someone who would GO ON THE RECORD.

Vice is strait up saying they wont stand behind what they publish. And using liberal mental gymnastics they are trying to pass it off as correct.

You know we're fucked when the news is as reliable as some dumbass on halfchan.

That makes it susceptible for manipulation by the client, making the entire archival service not trustable.

Solution: archive site uses the end-user as a proxy, but the connection with the remote site is SSL.

Result: It's completely impossible to block, but maintains integrity.

t. Genius