Dark Souls 3: The Referencing

Why is everything in Dark Souls 3 a reference to previous Souls games? I know the occasional callbacks like Patches are common, but literally every Armor, Weapon and NPC i see is lifted straight from DS1/DS2 or is at least a obvious reference.

Does Fromsoft think fans want this?
DO Soulfags want this?

Pandering maybe. Everyone thinks highly of DaS and most people dislike DaS2, at least when compared to 1. It's just safe for them to return to what works than risk with something new.
I haven't played 3 yet, as I'm waiting for a version with all the DLC.

I thought it was just recycle old models since they weren't going to use them anymore in the next game. Might as well use it all in since that'll be the last time you use them. A economical bussiness decision rather than a creative one.

You mean to tell me a game from a series with similar-but-not worlds uses similar concepts, design choices and plot devices as other games in the series, perhaps as a means to tie things together and present a sense of familiarity?

I dont think this has ever been done before; what a fucking scandal.

Why is it that souls fans always get butthurt when somebody refers to the series as anything less than the all-fucking-mighty pinnacle of gaming? being a classic example, Op didn't say anything negative about DaS.

Because it's a shit game.

what anime is this from?

Except at this point there are more similarities than differences.

They're fucking lazy.

Don't you faggots fucking start this shit. The complaining about a company pandering to you is what made other fanbases even shittier than they already are.

weebshit gookgook 2000

I literally don't get why everyone is throwing up arms over DaS3 referencing DaS. I thought 3 continues from 1 anyways unless these are actually different lands and not just differently named empires rebuilding in the same spot.

And Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, right down to ripping off DeS NPCs like Yuria the Black Witch and unnecessarily including the Storm Ruler in a context which makes absolutely no sense.

couldn't find it

Yes
Yes

And yet DS2 could manage to be different from DS1 whereas DS3 just copied from the two and did barely anything new, other than fuck the game up with bloodborne mechanics.

Boku no Luluco

I liked it. I was hoping for a "true" sequel in DaS2 but it was shit, DaS3 may not be a classic but it's a true sequel to DaS and I think it does great. It doesn't have the same failing late-game slog like going for the great souls in DaS, it's a more compact experience and ends satisfyingly.

Miyazaki is the responsible for having the same thing as the game before.

Dark Souls had the characters in Demon Souls with different names, Dark Souls III is the first time he makes a true continuation of a Souls game (the director for Dark Souls 2 was a different person) so even more things from previous games are used.

because is from reddit