Legacy of Kain thread

Why is this series very obscure, at least compared to other Eidos IP's? Is Defiance worth downloading for PC (not pcsx2 because my laptop probably wouldn't be able to emulate it) if I already have both Soul Reaver games?

It's not obscure at all, back in the day SR was widely regarded as one of the best games on PSX.
Soul Reaver 2 sold really well on PS2, too.

And yes, you should play defiance, it ties up the plot.

Also you should play Blood Omen 2, an ACTUAL underrated game that while full of problems, is also a very fascinating project that had a complicated development history and turned out to be radically different from any other LOK game, especially in terms of artstyle.

Yes you should, or you can just watch the whole thing in jewtube if you aren't into clunky dated controls and camera angles. Man, the voice acting and storytelling was god-tier and daily reminder, Dark Prophecy NEVER EVER.

As I descended into the thread, a familiar voice greeted me. The insane rambling of a madman, always speaking of things he knew nothing about. It was OP, the biggest faggot to ever walk upon the face of Nosgoth.

The series deserved better.

checked

Wait I thought it was just the offsping of the clans duking it out with humans during the time where Kain fucked off and Raziel was still burning a lot in water

In all honestly, a new game won't save this series, if anything we'll get a completely unrelated game that's implied to occur XXXX years after the series and some bullshit miracle occurs, or at worse Kains gone bald and has completely degenerated into a raving monster like Ludwig in bloodborne as a part of some horror DLC in a cyberpunk setting or some shit, prizing the soul reaver and talking to it in obscure but not certain insanity, or someone get's off their ass to make an open world game in Nosgoth and explains to us why, despite the continent being small as fuck is the only place on the planet, or better yet, puts them in another existing setting for it's own good.

Theres relaly not a lot to do with the series reallly, unless you give it to the DCM team to turn into a relaly kickass vampire game that shits all over Games like Lords of Shadow 2.

Are you serious?

(Checked)
Good post.

It was huge during the PS2 era.

Personally I love LOK and SR1, but everything afterwards feels like derivative fanfiction. I was into the art direction and acting, not overcomplicated timetravel.

Also, the otherworld morphing effect was never as brilliant as in SR1.

Do we actually have a chart for LoK?
I've always wanted to get into the series but seeing how many games there are I was always intimidated and didn't know where to start.

…piece of shit that rode the stealth fad, making all mistakes it possibly could. It only received a modicum of fame because for a time, it was an original Xbox exclusive.

Why wouldn't you just play in release order? Blood Omen 1 is on PSN, the rest are all on PC.

Well, I can't always know that.
With Metroid it would've been a bad idea for me to play them in release order.
That and getting the games to run are reasons for maybe making a beginner's chart.
Perhaps I will once I played the games.

More often than not if you play the games in release order the worst that will happen is that you'll end up playing a janky game that's still pretty good but different from the rest of the series. This means you'll probably have a better experience than if you just played the popular games, but you might have a hard time getting into the first ones if you're a casual faggot.

In regards to Metroid I meant that the original and now even Metroid 2, have improved remakes.
Playing those games by playing the remakes first and going by release then is a far better experience.

What mental handicap makes one prefer a copy over the original? It's like saying you love the Beatles, but only listen to covers because the originals suck.

Every remake fucks with the original, in one way or another. People who remake games do it exactly for this reason: fucking shit up.

well the first game I played in the series was Blood Omen 2, and Personally I found it hard to go back and play Blood Omen 1. I got lost allot

I ended up looking up the story cutscenes and then skiped to Soul Reaver. That and every other game I enjoyed fine in release order.

For a long time I felt Defiance's ending was a little empty. Then I came to terms with it.

Then I found out they still wanted to milk the franchise with whatever those two fucking games were.

Blood Omen: Kain is killed so that he can become a vampire and you become an overpowered fucker that rules the world.

Soul Reaver: What happens after Kain rules the world. Raziel 1-ups him, he casts him into the abyss, and an Elder God resurrects Raziel as a half wraith so that he can take down Kain. Ultimately a great game even if you don't care about any of the other games in the franchise.

Soul Reaver 2: A long hallway that you revisit a million times travelling through time in order to get Raziel to stop drinking fluoride and break the conditioning of what's really going on with the world.

Blood Omen 2: What happens after you fuck shit up in Soul Reaver 2. It's a huge tangent to the other games, as it is more of an epilogue.

Defiance: This one ties up everything that happened in all the games that aren't SR2.

In Soul Reaver games you play as Raziel, and the mechanics are about plane shifting, platforming and puzzle solving. In Blood Omen it's more of an action-adventure game. In Defiance you play a mix of both.

Much like says, SR2, BO2 and Defiance overcomplicate the story, but it's a nice story anyway. Blood Omen 1 is its own story. Soul Reaver 1 was intended to be its own story but they ended up dropping many things from the game, even the intended ending, so that's why you have a SR2.

BO2. I'm a retard.

Chronologically the games are BO1 -> SR1 ->SR2 ->Defiance ->BO2, even if you jump through time.

Are you retarded user?
Have you fucking played Zero Mission and AM2R?

That's good to hear.

I see. Spoilers,

Death would be a release to this travesty

In other words, in release order except for BO2 which is pretty much pointless