Why do they ignore us?

Why does it feel like video games are gradually sucking more and more? With each passing year we see

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

2drpg.com/2003.php
wosland.podgamer.com/how-911-killed-videogames-journalism/
please
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Money

man, fuck money.

Combination of us never really being the target audience (we haven't been since probably the 80s) and video games becoming big business.

For the most part it's this

However, money doesn't explain why people that are like us are having such hard time making games. Maybe there's just so few of us compared to the "Her Story is a groundbreaking game experience" and "I do this for literally no reason other than money" and "I can't think for myself so I'm blindly following trends" type people.

Mostly money. But they shit like ghostbusters reboot starts to happen.

Actually all problems can be put in the 2007 category

Some pretty good shit coming out this year compared to previous years, selling well as well this time.
Im somewhat hopeful for a small time frame.

Go deeper.
It can all be traced to the big bang theory

More effort, please.

suck a dick

Because half of Holla Forums doesn't pay for games, so they don't pander to the majority of Holla Forums regardless of taste.

Normalfags spend money frivolously because they know no alternative. They don't even understand the concept of voting with ones wallet.

And you wonder why Holla Forums hates Holla Forums.
“Hey, guys, we know the answer to that. If you’d like us to help, we can do some serious damage to their efforts and show the world what they’re doing and why they’re doing it.”
“Fair enough. Enjoy watching everything you love be destroyed.”
*LATER*

You don’t deserve redemption.

Can you really blame them for ignoring Holla Forums with videogames

Son, are you retarded?

Define retarded :^)

Please try harder next time.

“Paying for modern video games.”

Reported.

What's up with all the emo blogposts recently?

I assure you that there are those on Holla Forums that do this.

Go falseflag somehwere else kike

Why do I even bother vising this fucking board during summer?

Faggots who don’t care about the truth, just about whining and instant gratification.

Summer an eternal one

Tell your handlers to fire you. You’re bad at your job.

The Fourth Exodus didn’t help things.

You sure proved him wrong ;^)

sage

is not a downvote

Not as bad as when E3 was happening and all the cancer that was banned on 4cucks came here, but still, its been pretty shit lately.
Gets worse every time I come back and Ive been posting sporadicaly.

So this is what the Romans felt like as their empire crumbled around them from snow niggers.

please go back to reddit

moot debunked on many occasions that there is "little to no increase in traffic in summer"

it's not that summer attracts more people, it's that summer makes people retarded.

sage

Explain

Roast in hell, kikelover.

We have a counter, a working one you goddamned newfag
Back to 4cucks

Go the fuck back.

Holla Forums please

you sure proved me wrong ;^)

dumb fucks this was like 5 years ago he said that, and maybe even before then

hotter it gets the more irrational people act. there is more crime/police calls when it is hot out vs cooler.

I had a gamecube and an n64 when i was little and I loved those and still do.
When I was 16 I got a 360 and it was awful. I have dozens of games for it and I don't enjoy any of them.

No fun, bright collectathons or platformers. All the colors seem grey and dark. The gameplay is either boring, the same as everything else, or both, and it's all just shit. It all feels like some sixty-year-olds sitting in a board room trying to figure out amongst each other what kids will like the most this year. I can't connect with anything. It all seems contrived and bloated.

Not to mention the interface that not only takes you out of the game, but pushes ads at you as well.

why is this? why is it so shit?

0/10

You’re welcome for correcting your record.

Be the change you want to see user.
Learn to create something.
Ive tried but i don't seem to have the passion for it yet.

I can attest to this theory

It doesnt attract more people or make people retarded you fucking idiot.
The goddamn filth thats usually underage or in College that shitpost every time they come here just happen to have more time due to Summer holidays.

"When the weather be freezy chimpin ain't easy." - Peaceful Protestor

stop looking to AAA for video games, you dumb fuck. they are literally what amounts to Hollywood and hollywood fucking sucks when it comes to movies because they treat moviemaking as a schlock making business, rather then a passion.

How scary. Try again, champ.

I tried fucking around with Game Maker a bit, got frustrated and gave up.

Maybe I'll pick it up again, I was going to make an 8-bit sidescroller called "Gangstas In Space" in which you play as a essentially a dindu who goes around picking up lasers and pimping space-hoes.

sage

go back to reddit

Roast in hell, kikelover.

Thats true, but has nothing to do with this board or its quality.
The retards dont pop up, they just stay here for longer periods of time.
Also I just remembered its Aussie prime time right now and that I should stop posting at 6AM

Keep falseflagging nigger, no ones buying it

You sure proved me wrong ;^)

it's art because i say it is
it's good because i say it is
it's true because i say it is
it's news because i say it is

“Hey, guys, we know the answer to that. If you’d like us to help, we can do some serious damage to their efforts and show the world what they’re doing and why they’re doing it.”
*LATER*

Its not hard to make resources its just the code. Ive been looking into trying game salad

Sites dying fam

nuff said fam

start off simple. Open up rpg maker and fuck around.

making something you like is so satisfying.

(devfag)

OH GEE I WONDER WHY

*LATER*

Consider suicide.

You sure proved him wrong ;^)

you better be joking

1995~2007 golden age of video games

2008~2016 cancer

Casuals don't care about ads or botnet, they'll very quickly just accept it as the way things are. They can easily be convinced to eat shit with simple tricks like "cinematic 12 fps", and they will legitimately enjoy because they think they're experiencing something good just because they were told they are. They almost literally cannot think for themselves and come to an independent decision when an authority figure has made a decision for them. Just like "gaming needs to be mature", if the game has a simple-minded concept "mature", then casuals will think that they're being mature by playing it even if it has the mental maturity of a shape puzzle.

That's generally when aussies wake up from their poison induced coma after encountering wildlife.

Reported for not even trying.

How expensive is it?

I just got the 2003 edition for free online.

2drpg.com/2003.php

Im not JEremy

What skill set would you need to turn photos into pre rendered backgrounds like in resident evil?

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Come back to me when you've made something.

Also, obviously it's just for jrpgs. And obviously it's better to use game maker (noone seriously uses any of the nonsense you've posted). I'm using game maker for another project, and you get more control at the price of shit becoming 10000x harder to implement. So I have to work with a coder on that project. Where as with rpg maker anyone can go in and make something good.

because of PC bullshit and big corporations running everything
society is meaningless and collapsing
go retro and let the industry immolate itself

What about the blender game engine?
Hell what about unreal?

That's not even an ironic Holla Forums hate thing. A large portion of the population legitimately are like this, they follow and believe "authority figures" blindly, and make decisions based on what they say. Some people can literally be convinced to have fun with- and like something that isn't fun or likeable at all, if they get the perception that something is fun (especially if they believe that most people think it's fun), their opinion will not be adjusted by a contrary personal experience.

probably the same thing with using real face images on 3d models like max payne

nice idea

Use unity. Trust me. It's much better and has much more resources.

My reccomendations/ what most devs would reccomend:
Rpg- Rpgmaker
Serious Rpg with elements rpgmaker doesn't support/ 2d game- game maker
3D game- Unity

Take your advice from an actual developer who has produced games rather than someone who thinks he's a pro from browsing agdg and looking at some random vids on youtube. You're going to be led the wrong way by someone who's never even made a game.

You aren't a developer. You don't understand anything.

Also, mapping faces on to low-poly models is vastly different than establishing collisions in pre-rendered backgrounds. Those are two different animals you're talking about.

I've been reading a book on systems analysis and design lately. It talks about how a lot of businesses focus on supposed 'agile' development methods with rapid iteration to make software quickly. It also speaks of how said methods can lead to bugs being missed, though it tried to downplay that.

That is like trying to downplay a dam breaking as 'just a bit of a leak', it seems at times.
Is it a flood of shit tier developers? Managers pushing shit out when they know bugs aren't fixed? Senseless feature creep without testing that the feature plays nicely with the rest of the program?

In short, because AAA videogames are the new Hollywood: a reliable laundering scheme for the benefit of kike investors that vaguely resembles a game development industry.

I wouldn't recommend RPG maker even if you want to make an RPG, you'll only hinder yourself and gain skills for a very limited tool. I'd recommend it only if your desire to make games isn't very strong or you only want to play around and not get serious.

This
AAA is dead, let go, look for smaller shit, mid sized games

And how much experience do you have?

It's not just video games. All of western civilization is crumbling. Places that sell food are using cheaper and cheaper ingredients to save money, animation is basically equivelant to Goanimate, everyone is a drug using degenerate.
And things are only getting worse.

This is the Metal Gear Solid universe, but worse. There are no heroes to discover and thwart the conspiracies of those who govern us and our money, just normal people without any power to fix things stuck in a horrible world. There are no nuanced villains who toe the line between good and evil, some of which who think they’re heroes and are poised to fix the world, just knowingly evil, greedy kikes and their shabbos goy puppets. There is no cutting-edge technology like in MGS–nano machines, cybernetics, etc., since technology is mostly stagnant now and only progresses when a kike and his friends stand to make money from it. There is no hope for future heroes, just the stark realization that our world is kikes to the core and rotting from within, and those who are responsible can physically or socially kill you in an instant if you dare to stand up to them.
I want the ride to stop being a flat ground-level track already. Maybe hit a nice steep hill, long drop or something. This is the most fitting way to describe our world as it stands now. The jews run everything, but they aren’t interested in progressing humanity because with every step forward comes the uncertainty that their power may crumble–that people may gain some form of independence from them and control of themselves again.
This is why the Internet is such a huge deal and why they’ve fought so long and so hard to control it, in so many ways, from social engineering to herd the sheep into the handful of sites they control to pushing for draconian laws to govern what you can and can’t say online, to outright banning or censoring certain sites.
Why? Because the Internet was a step forward; it was a means of communicating and spreading ideas faster than those in power could control or plan for; it was real progress, and it had to be stopped. But it also reminded them of how necessary it is for them to control things like the Internet and stifle progress, because it will slip out of their control and they may find themselves on the losing end of that deal.
So instead of progress, they give us stagnation. The same shit, rolled out over and over, packaged in a new box so that it feels fresh to the idiots who eat it all up. Meanwhile they use monopolies to crush the competition and the body politic to stifle those who would willingly lose on the ventures they take just in the hope of spreading messages or spurring humanity along a bit.
This is why we‘ll never see “full dive” VR systems. We‘ll never see a cure to stop human aging or a big extension to lifespan. We‘ll never see human colonies on other planets. Because every step is legislated and controlled socially to make it an impossible hill to climb, all so that humanity stays firmly within our masters’ grasp. And this is how our species dies. Rotting from within, destroyed by the virus that controls us, infecting every aspect of our lives and keeping us in our little cages so it can leech from us until we wither and die for the nourishment of this parasitic life form we know as jews.

With RPG maker? Nearly none. With dev? Several years.

If you really want to make games, the step up to Gamemaker isn't that big, but the difference in capabilities definitely is.

it's this guy again

Also, using RPG maker you gain skills in:
world design
gameplay flow
progression
designing tilesets, sprites, art, etc
difficulty curve
storytelling
and much more

And if you are going to move to a more challenging program, rpg maker is an excellent way to get your foot in the door and get some good experience before you try and bite off way more than you can chew by jumping into fucking C++ and Unreal on day one.

You don't have the right to recommend anything.

That was happening before the kikes

Says the guy recommending the most limited game making tool I know of.

This tbh

Then explain what it is.

And? Report again.

Seeing that you're telling someone to use terrible engines no one uses, don't value using less-challenging programs for someone trying to start out, and just made up some bullshit response in regards to pre-rendered backgrounds, I have a feeling you haven't done very much and aren't a very experienced dev.

If you want to get into firearms you don't start off firing mounted machine guns if you don't know what a fucking bullet is. Give the poor guy a handgun.

Also, it's produced amazing indie titles like yume niki, space funeral, the first version of shut up and jam gaiden, wadanohara, middens, Off, and many more.

lel, newfag

Are you going to make a start on the next mein kampf book and when can I expect to read it?

Corporations. Or, if you prefer.

He's wrong though m8

Just stop

Nigger you're just now noticing this? Games have been gradually sucking since 2008.

Game Maker is great. I'm using it atm. never said it wasn't. I said it's harder to pick up than rpg maker. Anyone who's worked with both will tell you the same. And those are all great games.

All the games I posed have cult followings and have inspired other titles. Shut up and Jam Gaiden even got a kickstarter for a sequel which was massively funded.

Also, look up how much Lisa and To the Moon have made.

Video games have always sucked you casual nigger bitch cuck.

Last time I saw someone try to fit in this hard people were laughing.

That was when the golden age truly ended.
I'd say it was at its height in 1998 and that when it started the down fall.

but who was phone?

It just isn't possible. The mechanisms for preventing genetic error are inherently imperfect. They manifest in defective offspring and eventual death from old age. Single celled life is not hamstrung by this because when they divide to reproduce, errors that are fatal result in death, whereas otherwise they result in mutation/evolution. In the human body, even with measures to check, correct, and destroy mutations that don't straight up die, they eventually accumulate and disrupt/counteract/replace fundamental cellular processes to the point of being lethal.

The rest of that stuff would be easily achieved in a few decades by killing all non-Whites and spending their gibsmedat on ourselves.

Google

Also the game.

Is this still Holla Forums?

It's very simple, actually. The market isn't pushing toward it. NMS is a perfect recent example. The game's broken, doesn't works for a lot of people, even if it does work it's poorly designed, full of broken systems and promises. Overall a really shit game that isn't even worth $5. But it got hyped, tons of people pre ordered it and it's made a huge profit.

You might hate it as someone who wants good games, but if you're on the other side, and you see that you can do a 90/10 marketing/dev budget split, i.e just pay pennies to some 15 shitters to make a barely working prototype, then hype it up with bullshots, promises, and preorder bonuses, and then make huge returns on your ivestment…

No one's gonna say no to easy money.

And also, there's a not insignificant overlap between the people who can discern good games, and the people who pirate their games, further pushing the market towards what you're complaining about.

Try getting big in Hollywood without being jewish or sucking jewish cock.

Video games are for the people who thinks Big Bazinga Theory is the pinnacle of comedy and Marvel movies the height of cinema. Why make it hard for yourself when this audience actively convinces itself that your game will be the best thing ever™? Even if they thought the game was shit when released, dropping it within a week, they will happily buy the sequel because WHO THE FUCK KNOWS WHY.

Watch_dogs 2 pisses me off immensely

A sizable chunk of the American populace has been brainwashed. Conditioned to hold a deep, aggressive bigotry toward white straight men.

Whites are the majority & more men play video games thus white men represent the bulk of major gaming demographics. At the root of attacks on all these subcultures, be it video games, comic books, movies, etc. is the aforementioned deep, aggressive bigotry ingrained into a chunk of the populace. What happens when you disagree with progressive pandering? Regardless of what you are, you are met with "YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE!" because the brainwashed are like a hammer that only sees nails so even if you're not a white straight male, you still are because they're only programmed with a single attack vector.

The bigotry toward white straight men is a divide & conquer tactic targeting the majority with the aim of reducing that majority. It's playing out everywhere.

There's article after article about pushing men (& whites through "muh diversity") out of gaming for no other reason than because they are a majority. It's all about attacking the majority, demoralizing it, displacing it, reducing it, ending it.

The real kicker is what many people don't seem to grasp yet: the dogmatic drones doing this usually don't care if they lose money over it. Their hatred is stronger than greed. They are willing to drive their bigotry into everything if they can "stick it to the enemy" that they've been programmed to relentlessly attack.

They can't shit on you if you didn't pay for their games to begin with.

Pirate everything, don't give them a cent.

Except Holla Forums propaganda got more than 13 million views on Jewtube? The first part of recovering from a disease is to acknowlegde it. Things are not different with social diseases.

Every small step can help, user.

fine but you autists will never move past the first part or even leave your basements for that matter

you aren't changing shit so stop patting yourselves on the back

Listen, user. Reaching the first part is more than most people ever done. And pointing your fingers, and calling everyone on a board autist basement-dweller for… what is your reason to do it? Whatever, it won't change anything. If you actually want to do something, to protect your hobby, then you could. But this attitude, and blaming everyone for everything won't do anything.

I'm not blaming anyone for shit, that is your modus operandi. I simply find it disgusting to watch people wallow in their own self-satisfaction by continuously shouting in an echo-chamber about how someone has to tie the bell on the cat.

It is disgusting, but since Holla Forums managed to get something done, with the combination of many successful digging threads, it is a clear indication, that the posters are diverse, with circlejerkers, and people, who ctually try to do something.

Tho I agree, circlejerking is the worst

My main point is that Holla Forums is similar to Holla Forums in the context that there is a lot of shitposting, only a different kind, but valuable information can be found under the shit, if one's persistent enough.

Suits believe the more PC your game is the wider the spectrum of the target market. The least you offend the more will get close. That's the naive suit point of view or belief

It is up to us to show them that super PC games take the fun away and actually alienate actual fanbases so that they realize that make them all super PC to marxist levels turns down a target market, so they stop doing it.

Minimal effort comes due to different reasons, all linked mostly to the publishers but also present in jewy devs.

Among many others, mainly because publishers and because they believe they can get away with it. They think they can sell shit and retards will buy it. With Kotaku and others corrupt media just saying their games are 10/10, the casual normalfags believe them and think its good.

Same as pandering to leftists. wider market

marketing. marketing exposure. The fact that NOBODY prosecutes them for their blatant lies, because again Kotaku and polygon are in cahoots with most Triple A devs.
Todd Howard gets away with blatant lying because the ones supposed to monitor and report or prosecute him for lying don't, they're his friends.

It's all one big corrupt business that harvests casual retards for their money.

The casual retards themselves are also detrimental to the business, with people throwing four million dollars to kickstarter games that are not even out, of course kickstarter becomes a potential scam. Stupid people allow conmen like inafune yet again destroy another venue which had potential.

There are hidden gems here and there like Yooka-Laylee, but most games nowadays are trash

The indie-clique is another corrupt circle which suffers the same as the Triple As, being in cahoots with Kotaku, and this clique sells their game and sell Kotaku's agenda in return.

The videogame industry is shit. with big companies such as nintendo slowly resorting to jewery like DLC and only supporting popular IPs, even companies with good videogame record are slowly succumbing to money-grubbing.

We either need a crash, or to remove Kotaku, Polygon and other corrupt journos keeping the casuals dumb and in a state of smoke and mirrors.

It more than explains that, I'm afraid.

How so?

Almost all devs start with no way of knowing if their game will ever sell. Why is it that only jews and SJWs and scam artists manage to finish their games properly?

user, read through this thread , and Zenimax's practice will shed some light on your question.

wosland.podgamer.com/how-911-killed-videogames-journalism/
Raises an interesting argument: When it comes to reviews, the ad-man pays the reviewer, not you. As such, reviewers are pushed into defending the ad-man and his products instead of the customer.
(The author worked for the magazine that made pic-related.)

I've got to wonder myself if the purpose of reviews at this stage isn't to assess things before buying them at all at all - that can be done by watching an LP if you've got the mindfulness to never pre-order. - It's to rationalize purchases after they've been made. You buy a game, it's shit, and you think "Hmm… is this shit? Could it be, I have made a bad purchase?!" so you go online and you find IGN giving it 10/10, and you relax back into your bed: "No. I am smart. I made a good purchase."

As for pandering to leftists, I'll try not to walk into a massive attack on how these "leftists" are really just virtue-signalling for the most part and have no serious economically left-wing views, and view race/gender as more important than class. There are a few reasons this happens, though:

1. Games companies can get their shit game defended by virtue-signalling people, a cynical ploy.
2. Little cliques forming amongst creative types
3. Attempting to broaden markets, especially by gaming websites. People will write any old SJW clickbait, and halfchan Holla Forums will gleefully provide half the ad-revenue and tumblr the other.

The left as a whole isn't the enemy at all. Indeed, the author of the piece I wrote above is a lefty, albeit one without the SJW social elements (he's often accused of transphobia out of the blue). On a massive tangent to underscore "The left as a whole aren't the enemy", you've also got the fact SJW-types are 99% responsible for the implosion of OWS.

It's a specific brand of virtue-signalling lefty that you can single out as the problem, and even then it's basically the incestuous culture of game creation and marketing that breeds it, as opposed to any genuine strength of the left-wing movement.

In conclusion, everything is shit for various complex reasons, including incestuous social relationships, a complete lack of quality control or consumer standards both in terms of the quality of games they purchase and in terms of the quality of gaming media they consume. Or, in tl;dr:

Cultural Marxism.

It's not like a pirate would have bought it anyways.

They don't know you pirated it.
Feedback is primarily given through sites like Twitter and Reddit which are not directly linked to anything which verifies whether or not you've actually paid for the game.

Voting with your wallet is far too blunt an instrument for ensuring developers adhere to your smallest whims: If a game is better than the one before it but still not good enough, do you buy it to reward improvement or overlook it to avoid giving the impression that mediocrity is acceptable?

Maybe the majority of the userbase of Holla Forums coincides with the pirate base.

And that's a positive think, there's a lot of rubbish today in the videogame market, and most of it is not even worth pirating, let alone buying.

There's only one thing we can do: drop everything and learn video games like you have no other purpose. Become obsessed and do nothing besides learn how to create and do the bare minimum to survive.

That's what I plan to do at least.

Me too.

Oh wait, I have to work 90% of my time so I won't have to live in the street with no electricity or food.

pol, you are racist, and that's coming from someone who loves a good nigger joke. That's why you will never achieve anything, you're just another kind of sjw wasting human potential by bickering over skin tone.

pol: triggered by niggers. triggered by the thought of mating with sexy niggers.

….As for thread, I think the same problem is happening all over entertainment. Studios are being populated by ultra-lefty fucks who jerk each other off over how progressive they are, and regard the masses they make games for as filthy racist, sexist degenerates. It's why Paul Fag made that shitty ghostbusters movie, it's all about impressing their dumb progressive friends at hollywood parties, not entertaining people.

I got free time and got RPGmaker on sale so I could make a game.

here.

the xbox happened

Sadly, its because of capitalism and jews. When presented with the option of making a game for the NEETs who pirate shit and will likely spit on the game, regardless, or the normalfags who will throw money at them, even if what they make is trash in every regard, what path do you think they'll take?

well in that case it sounds like pandering to normalfags is the path anyone who is not a masochist would take

Exactly. And that's why they never really acknowledge us. Only reason some older franchises are getting attention again is because normalfags are either going back and playing older games (unlikely), or the trend of pretending to be nostalgic/liking those games has grown big enough to warrant cashing in on those old names.

because it doesn't matter. they can put out total pap and the only question people will ask is "what's the best video card to run it?"

if you don't believe me check the halfchan thread about the new dude sex game.

please use archive.is/no-mans-sky-sales/

anyone who knows about Holla Forums is clever enough to think more critically than the average cunt. which still sucks because a lot of people on Holla Forums are fucking idiots too.

normalfags buy this shit because certain people are good at marketing. this isn't anything new. people will jizz themselves over new graphics cards even if they don't have any games to run them with.

but it's more than gpus. normalfags want something colorful and fresh. they just want to be entertained. even one of the most knowledgeable /k/fags i know got mad when other people in my circle of friends started pointing out no man's sky is shit. if they FEEL entertained they ARE entertained.

and so they collect game after game after game and wonder why they don't have the motivation to finish them. spoiler: it's because 90% of games have missed the point.

It's not economically viable to pander to us anymore.
Games back in the late 90's only cost a few grand to make and selling 1 Million would be considered a blessing. Now, games are costing up to hundreds of million dollars to produce and 1 million sales is seen as a failure on the game.
So how to alleviate the economic cost? Make the game easy to pick up by as many people as possible.
The majority of a game is now just how easy can we sell it off to the masses which is why we get constant clones and minimal effort games, at the end of the day all they care about is marketing and turning in a profit.

As for pandering to leftists (That's such a shit term but whatever) it's because they have a decent control of news outlets because they're more likely to pick up writing in College/University which gives them an "easy-in" into the gaming magazines and such, as a result, game publishers pander to them so they give a positive review and the masses buy it based on their word.

That being said it's not all doom and gloom, with the increased interest in games like Dark Souls, more and more people are gravitating towards games as a challenge. Game Designing tools are becoming easier and easier to use so people who wish to make niche games are able to which is why we're seeing more interesting games from some of the indie scene (hence the word some before someone complains about walking sims). The increased global scene of Video games is introducing us to new mechanics and stories un-thought of years ago because new minds are being introduced to the medium.

Honestly, I rather like how the industry is now compared to how it was ages go.
If I wanted a Cheese salad baguette, I can go to Nintendo and they can give me something I know I'll enjoy and fill full but is ultimately harmless
If I wanted a Steak and Stilton ciabattas then I can go to the smaller companies that's done nothing but make good Steak and Stilton ciabattas, it turns out cheaper, albeit a shorter experience
If I wanted a Rare T-Bone Steak with a fine onion gravy with wild rice and fresh veg then I can learn to cook it myself and enjoy it and I'd have all the tools available for it.

It's the market evolving, nothing more nothing less
I-It's da jooos! my unsourced imagegraphic proves it!

It's easier to get press for a remake/sequel than it is a new franchise. A new IP has to stand on it's own legs and feed journos content for them to make click bait articles. Old IPs don't need to do this as you can write hundreds of click bait articles off of whats already out there.

Have you played Dark souls 3? It's a completely different beast from the other 4 games in the series. There isn't a boss in the game you can't take out your first or second try except the dancer who has some insta kill moves you can't dodge through.

Dark souls became popular so they toned it down to appeal to a wider audience and no one has a problem with this.

that feel when the original deus ex was redpilled as fuck.

that feel when the deus ex name is getting memed so hard by trash that nobody will remember what the original deus ex was trying to say.

now it's about (((current events))).

this is what the indie scene and kickstarter were supposed to free us from. the potential to do so is still there i believe, but even as some valiant souls take the opportunity they are drowned out by bigger louder established forces. some might say thats not such a big deal because video games were considered niche back when there were a higher concentration of enjoyable games, but its still an injustice

lost me on this metaphor. can you explain it another way?

Kickstarter is just a marketing scheme TBH. 50% of people on a kickstarter learn about it on the website.

By what standards? 90's and 00's games had plenty of energy and effort going into them so you could at least enjoy some of the autistic details of a game even if it was shit back then.

I think the bigger issue is that they did cater to us. We wanted pushes towards realism, story, graphics. The goal of the video game in the west was basically just to get it closer and closer to whatever it was trying to emulate, whether that be a movie, experience, or fantasy.

It was only when this was accomplished that we realized that this came with consequences like RPG'S just being "play pretend" LARP experiences instead of working with abstraction and player agency. Or FPS games trying to find out how they can make it more like real warfare as opposed to fast paced mindless shooting.

We didn't like it, but the wider audience did, and now we suffer as a consequence.

Lurk on normalfags and casual shit fests like Reddit and listen to them try to pinpoint what they like/dislike about games. In the Zelda community, when people were anticipating the Breath of the Wild E3, thy were voicing their concerns that it would be more like Skyward Sword.

Well, that's a good thing, right? If only for the right reasons. They weren't concerned about some of the questionable design decisions in Skyward Sword (save some of the blatanttly obvious issues), but instead were afraid that the game wouldn't have a big enough focus on mechanical realism. Not "up to date" enough.

They were tired of cartoon physics. Tired of reading lines instead of having voice acting. Tired of animations being scripted as opposed to physics-based.

Most of these are pretty cool features to have in a game, but the problem here is lack of priority. They don't care about game design, they just want games to be realistic. Believable. They believe in concepts like "outdated" (which is almost impossible to achieve these days) when referring to design decisions. They just want experiences disguised as games.

What we need is someone passionate enough to make games disguised as experiences so that normalfags will eat that shit up and realize how much better it is when games have, well, gameplay.

To be perfectly frank, I haven't played any of the games. I have, however recently been asked "Do you know any hard games?" from people who previously played the Souls games.

If I wanted something that'd burn a few days but ultimately gives me nothing substantial then that's what the large companies are for
If I wanted something a bit more niche and varied then I can go to the indie scene that I know makes good niche shit and, although it might only keep me held hours it ultimately turns out cheaper and more enjoyable
If I wanted something completely tailored to my tastes then I have the tools to do it myself since they're easier to use.

I apologise for the shitty metaphor, I really couldn't come up with anything other than food. Fuck I need to go on a diet

Souls games reputation is way bigger than they are. If you took a magic class you could completely dominant the game from about level 10. It was just a complete joke and most casuals played magic classes.

Souls is a puzzle game with a long loading screen basically.

And i thought i was a kike for cheating the socialist government my country has as much as possibru.

Problem with kikestarter is that nobody really knows how much money they need, nobody really knows how much money it's reasonable for a dev to be asking, nobody knows if the dev is capable of delivering anything, and there may not be any visible gameplay for the people to get a realistic perspective of the game from.

AAA-tier games can have tens or hundreds of millions budget, it's completely unrealistic to fund them with a kickstarter.

Also games get cancelled all the time.

Actually it was 2004 when Steam and Facebook were invented.

thats true, what would be a more honest use of it?
would such a thing be feasable or do you need to set goals for a kickstarter project? of course without all the shiny doodads and stretch goals and there would be less funds, but theres probably less negative publicity as well.
ill bet theres some kind of legal things to prevent such a loose campaign huh?

no, nobody will donate unless you promise them the universe on a platter with blackjack and hookers on the side

IMO the most ideal use of crowdfunding is what Yooka Laylee did. People who know what they're doing had developed the beginnings of a game, and asked for money to keep continuing development and get their studio started. They may still benefit from crowdfunding if the game doesn't make enough money to support the creation of another game, in this case crowdfunding could even become their primarily source of development funds, since they would have enough money to start development, but not to finish it.

I don't see any reason not to have stretch goals, as long as you don't start feeding people forced shit just for the sake of having another goal. To be most honest, you should only add them when you've nearly passed all other goals, not add 50 goals all the way up to millions of dollars from the get go.

i often find myself wishing kickstarter were around back when supreme commander 2 was being considered. they just missed that boat, ended up going with a meddlesome publisher since no one else would have them. so sad

U.N. Owen

everyone is getting depressed and demotivated because the world is ending

I know that feel bro. I used to be smug. Then it hurt. Now it doesn't hurt.

The things even casuals are getting sick of it.
I would be more worried if this shit progressed and normalfaggots didn't catch on.

Despite the low intelligence of these "educated and enlightened" individuals, they have started seeing the problems with the current industry.

I think Paid for mods did a lot more to wake up the industry at least on PC then any debate or argument could.

Romans were nothing like their predecessors, they loved Nero and Caligula solely because he gave them free shit during games and hosted great games.
The comparison to late age Romans to modern normal fags is stunning.

I'm happy I get to live in a period where one day I too can see the barbarians at the gate and the screams of these fucking retards who are finally suffering for their actions.
I will go up to them with tears streaming down their face, and whisper to them Nothing Personel Kid

Before it was profitable to make people want to buy your game by making it good. Now it's profitable to put as little money as possible in the game and hype it up to make people buy it in the first few days.