Letdowns and Disapointments

What are some of the biggest letdowns/disappointments in vidya or adaptations of anything vidya related?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Mantager_/status/766246428893061121
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

in b4 spore

stop

Spore

No Man's Sky

Wind Waker's dungeon total

Say what you will about people being delusional that Ash was going to win, that Charizard X vs. Ash-Greninja fight was even more bullshit than Tobias.

Don't even get me started on the fact that the ULTIMATE SHURIKEN didn't faze the damn thing after it had been hit 6 fucking times (including a Thunderbolt by Pikachu that brought the damn thing to its knee) when, again, said Blast Burn OHKO's the damn frog.

Yes I'm fucking salty.

There's also MGSV, Dead Rising 3, anything Final Fantasy related after the ps1 era, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and 2012 in general which was supposed to be the "Year of Silent Hill."

Remember the middling Downpour, the botched HD collection, and the dungeon crawler that was called "canon"?

I think the anime is just a running joke among the people still working on it. Their entire mentality at this point must be "how do we piss off the viewers this time?" Who could honestly give a shit about the content with the episode count they have?

They could have had Ash Win the Sinnoh league, and start a new story with someone else

At this point I wonder if the animators even care for continuity or even remember a thing

whoa! whoa! whoa!
hold on there, one step at a time

It seemed like they suddenly started caring again around battle frontier, and they were building up some good plots in Diamond and Pearl.
Then they threw it all out at the last minute

Holla Forums

you even need to ask?

Well that just doesn't make any damn sense.

I am actually pleased that Charizard won.

Guess who you never end up fighting.

MGO3

Metal Gear in general

pretty much anything that pretends to be a stealth game

He should've won this league and then when he goes to Alola he could've been their champ as he sets it up. Well at least Serena is leaving him since he lost.

Would be a pretty quick boss given Roll's not a combat robot at all. She's also at Dr. Light's lab the whole game.

Is it a disappointment if people know it's going to be shit before it comes out?

I have seen pics where even Japanese fans are pissed off (the usual destroying/throwing their pokemon stuff onto the trash.)

The problem is not Ash but his Pikachu, the writers don't know how to replace that Pikachu with a different one, not to mention they have said Ash winning means the series ending, which mind you, at this rate it will end up being cancelled.

Gary moved on, I am surprised he hasn't been made the new professor in any game so far, well, at least in the anime he literally began doing professor stuff.

Fucking checked!

I want summer to leave

2/10 made me reply.

That's some pretty easy bait but I'll be goddamned if it doesn't work.

Could I count my life if I play videogames?

Does Kalos have the worst league and rival of all time? It was so fucking rushed with the shittiest opponents and battles. They're so uninspired compared to what existed in the past.

Wow Ash Ketchum Lost wow

its not like he'd lost before

Wooowww

Apparently this time was some kind of hype for the end of the league arc which made fans think he was finally going to win.

the hype in question was that Ash actually made it to the top 2 this time, and then lost. I haven't watched the anime in years, and neither should you, but that's why people were pissed about Ash losing this time in particular.

Also he caused his defeat by telling Alain that he should enter in the Pokemon League

Even if Ash did win the league, what the fuck would've happened? He would've become the champion and then what? They had to give Ass Katsup a reason to go to another region so Pikachu can mysteriously go back to lvl 1 and the show can continue for another 100 episodes and the anime can continue on forever as a hollow shell like The Simpsons of anime which it oh-so strives to be

Besides, everyone knows the series will never end until Ash faces his father

I'd /clang/ Quake Woman.

They would have him mentor a new main character before finally leaving a few seasons latter and letting the new guy take over. Duh.

Ash still hasn't beaten the elite four?

God dammit, Ash, you're pushing 30 at this point, you need to get a real job.

As of Best Wishes, he's confirmed to still be 10. I really don't think it's possible to travel across six entire regions (seven if counting Orange Island) and participate in just as many annual tournaments in less than a single year.

The Pokemon world has a longer year (or a shorter year and they're giving his age in our years)?

Well, considering that the anime pulls shit out of it's ass, like in Sinnoh, where ash loses to some asshole with a team full of legendaries (and he manages to knock two out somehow or some shit) which includes fucking Darkrai (which is implied to actually have more then one member of it's species unlike Dialga and Palkia and all that shit, so whatever) and the only League he won was the Orange Islands league, which is not canon because it was made up.

For some reason, they think it's the end of the series when he wins a leauge, but he always goes off to other countries anyway and leaves his mons at Oak's.

At this point, if a Champion lost to Ash, they'd look less cool because for some reason Ash (who is a fucking badass when he's not being dumb as a slightly smarter brick) is a consistent loser despite winning nearly every other match in the series.

I think its possible, I mean, athletes can complete many tournaments in a single year, some special medals "trifectas" can only be completed by finishing 3 events in a single year at 3 different locations

But Ash fucking walks everywhere, he can stay in certain locations for many days.

Even if we assume each episode is contained in a single day (it isn't) then it would still be nearly 3 fucking years of episodes at over 930 episodes aired

Even still, its confirmed in some episode it can take weeks at a time to walk even single routes

Ash has not even FACED the E4.

The Leagues are National even, no? Wouldn't that mean that Ash consistently makes into what could be called the finals of the Olympics? Sure he doesn't win and will never do so but still.

That's not going to happen, Ash going to go full Goku and be an absent dad obsessed with battling.

Pokemon is a world where everyone is a long lived immortal (with great physical strength, as ash, a 10 year old, is able to do shit an olympian could never do and does it almost casually), and years are exceedingly long, to the point that Ash is still 10 despite many of our years needing to pass for an annual competition.

In this universe, humans and pokemon have intermarried (assuming the church message is still true in the anime) so humans aren't that far apart from the superpowered motherfuckers they control.

If you were a human in the pokemon world, if you really tried, you could literally jump over buildings with ease, because ash fucking does that shit with team rocket's balloon all the fucking time

I assume they don't do it often because it's tiring to do that shit.

What's the fucking point of fucking building up the anime just to have him lose over and over again? It must be a running joke to have him lose no matter what.

It is a joke
A cruel sick joke called a "formula" and its how the anime has been airing for the past 17 years

Apparently they haven't resolved Team Flare yet.

What if it was revealed Team Flare helped the guy who beat him cheat somehow?

I don't think they resolved ANY FUCKING CRIME SYNDICATE in the series, like at all.

I think the idea is that they're your foes, so ash never really faces anything but the grunts, and gets his own original movie villains instead.

kind of a cop out tease.

He's faced some, like that old ghost lady.

Olympics are an international affair and we know from the games that the world tournament is a thing so even if Ash wins the league and beats the elite four, they can do a photo finish and have him beat the best of everyone on the planet then he will have reached mastery over pokemon above all others and be a true pokemon master. The end. Probably.

The truth is, there are no humans. Everyone was a pokemon all along.

Obsessed with battling I'll give you, but if he becomes the fucking champion, the challengers would come to him.

Hell, even after someone else takes his title, he'd still have enough status to become a gym leader.

So… Ash becomes the champion at age 11ish. Holds his title for a few years. Marries whatever girl he was traveling with when he became champion and has a son.

Ten years later, his son's Pichu, which is a descendant of Ash's Pikachu (how long do Pikachus live anyways?) evolves and his son takes off on his own quest to be a pokemon master. You could even throw in a nice twist where the the final gym is the electric gym, led by none other than Ash himself.

The same reason he keeps falling for team rocket over and over again.

Ok enough of Mr. Let me travel the world to have my ass handed to me. I haven't played Pokemon diamond and Black/White 2. Should I play those?

It'll most likely be in an upcoming movie that'll only be released to theaters in Japan

Skip Diamond, B/W2 are good.

That's pretty much exactly some of the shit that was in the game's lore.

there's points in some of the games where you can find documents and people that state that there's a theory that humans evolved from pokemon.

And humans in this series actually have the potential for psychic power and do have psychic powers, can go toe to toe with other fighting types (black belts are implied to actually train with and against pokemon), can use Aura (which is something Ash can literally do but rarely comes up) among other things.

Just play Platinum
naw, 5th gen was kind of disappointing as fuck. Just go to gen 6

You know, if he stayed in one place for a year and spent that time training his pokemon even more, he'd probably win next time.

Excuse you?

Nigga what are you doing?

Best games are Emerald, Platinum and BW2

The PWT was made by Clay to improve his city. So far it seems to be an invitational tournament that features Gym Leaders and Champions/Former Champions. I am not sure how the league works in the Animu but I think it was something like: Gym Leaders -> League -> E4 -> Champions. We know the E4 exists since Agata makes an apperance once and I think that they said that Tobias(Darkai guy) lost to Cynthia

also
this guy has the right idea

I already played X/Y. The dress up so amazing and should be in more games same with the Pokemon following you. The post game was terrible though. Soul Sliver was the best, it felt full.

I see it get a lot of praise on here. Is there any reason it skip it?

I never got the love for gen 4 beyond the physical/special split. I didn't like most of the pokemon, I didn't like the region, and I hated how fucking slow it was. I heard Platinum was better about the speed, but it's still objectively the slowest generation. Half of the problems I have with it are opinions

Nevermind I got my answer from these. Downloading it now.

But she was filling for a gym leader that time, he has never faced the full E4 with everything that comes with the package.

Also, Joy and Jenny are the link between humans and pokemon, think about it, they are always female and apparently all related, not to mention pokemon species are always determined by the mother's while breeding.

The one that gets praise is Platinum. DP is bad. Like usual the 3rd version saves the day. The remakes up that point were good too. Them Gen 6 happend, the one Gen that most will say that is bad.

Platinum is over rated. It fixed some of the shit, but not all of it.

I keep saying it, but B/W are what really fixed Platinum, and B/W2 is just sweet icing on top of it.

Every Pokemon game is capable of doing one thing new, and they usually do it right, but then everything else is fucked until third versions or remakes come out. Gen 6 not only botched 3D, the one thing it was supposed to do, but the remakes fixed nothing and are subjectively worse than Emerald. I'm hoping Sun and Moon do something right, or are at least less ass in one area.

They should have never, EVER let that guy appear with fucking legendaries like that. Fucking hell.

I can't understand the anime and legendaries. At times they are just so powerful that the guy, Lawrence III, who tried to capture Lugia almost caused the world to be destroyed, then later in the series they have a whole fucking family of Lugia. It's like having a whole family of Ho-Oh. The fuck were they thinking?

Alright, correct me if I'm wrong, but get this:

The tournaments we see in the anime, or at least back in the Indigo league, were just a massive competition to decide who would get to face the Elite Four that year.

That basically means he's perpetually almost good enough to take them on, but it'll never be enough.

Yep

Why do people still care about this shit anime>

I hate when the anime treats legendaries as avatars of the world balance instead of just a very elusive group of pokemon species with tremendous potential.

Actually, he has a Darkrai and a Latios.
That's almost as bullshit as when I'm playing a romhack and random trainers will have a Rotom form. I get they're an important scientist and all, but come the fuck on.

And he still had four pokeballs left that are never revealed.

You know, I am curious if Ash gets any kind of price. You know, getting second place in a National tournament is a pretty big deal. I mean, in game, when you win a battle you get paid. We don't see that in the anime. Ash's mom is a house wife, were do they get money?

I am ready to 「AWAKEN MY MASTERS」 in S&M. Hyper Training will make IV breed less a hastle(maybe) and we can make our tournaments. As for Z-Moves, I don't really see them making an impact at all.

Some legendaries are something like incarnations of nature though. Look at Xerneass and Yveltal, they are life and death.

How is a Rotom form on par with Legendaries?

Did Ash really lose again? What the fuck? Why does the anime even exist?

MGSV.
Shit story and characters, especially that dickflap Skullface. Writing is weird as fuck too - even for Kojima. I felt Araki's levels of random shit tbh.

Spore
Mostly because of boring ass space stage. And the game felt far too simple at times.

Peter "Combat Multiplier" Molyneux's games
Every his damn game gets hyped to hell and back and turns out okay at best, fucking snorefest at its worst.

Those aren't normally in the hands of random jerkoffs, are they?

That's OK, but the first bird trio in the second movie? that was stupid.

There's no reason they couldn't be. The only reason you don't ever see any trainers with them in game is the same reason all the pokemon they do use have neutral natures, no evs, 0 ivs across the board and know whatever the 4 most recent level up moves are, with the exception of gym leaders who might have a few tm moves.

This hits me personally. I loved Saints Row 1/2, though I should have seen it coming because 2 started going off the rails. 3 is just shit and 4 is ok, but no longer saint's row.

You wanna know a bigger disappointment? Don't look at the image. You'll feel bad again.

you get a possessed Rotom possessed Pokedex in Sun and Moon.

It's more that they're just kinda more elusive then other ghost pokemon.

I know there's no reason they couldn't be, which is why I didn't have a huge problem with it. It just felt like I was getting dickslapped the first time I saw that fucking washing machine, though.

I knew they were crippled but I didn't think it was that bad.

I know cynthias garchomp in gen 4 has 31s but I don't know of any other pokemon with anything at all.

Well, I'll say there is a reason they couldn't be. That reason is that the pokemon is both rare and hard to find. Hard to find meaning even if one was right in front of you, you probably would know it.

In gen 4, you can only get 1 and you get it by searching an old tv in an abandoned building.

Well, Ash did better than in all times past. That's something at least.

Yeah, and I specifically remember it having the same music as a legendary pokemon. But then it just has regular music after gen 5, so I guess it's just a really rare ghost now.

Who else fapped to Charizard today?

I hate when the legendaries are treated as literal fucking gods in the movies - Palkia and Dialga having literal control over their masteries, the elemental birds actually controlling the world's weather, Mewtwo being able to create a fucking world-size storm, Arceus being… sort of a weird let-down, but still clearly obscene-bullshit levels of power - and then the anime brushes it aside like it doesn't matter.

Literally the worst pokemon and the entire reason gen 6 sucked.

I don't know if I jerk ed off to pokemon today or not

Off the top of my head, there a pic of Beerus with an STD covered asshole and shaft while we sounded it, then I role played a Deathclaw voring me, then I jerked off to Fizz and Kennen, then I role played a flyman in SS13 sitting on my face and suffocating me with his ass because I was using it like an EVA mask. (Of note he may have tooted a bit and he could also vomit from any hole including his cock which was replaced with a second asshole)

But nope! No Pokemon

Chespin is cute and went though a lot in Super PMD.

That doesn't even looks like a chespin. Althought Chespin is pretty broken in SPMD and it really fits the Partner.

you know, as bullshit as Tobias was at least it made sense why Ash lost then
Sinnoh was one of his strongest teams and in order to fucking have him lose, the "writers" had to pull fucking LEGENDS out of their asses just to keep him from winning
if what is saying is true then a water type being one shotted by a fire type special attack from a physically focused mega evolution is "aim for the horn" level retarded
plus doesn't Ash's Greninja have some weird not-mega evolution too?

Yes, it is called Ash-Greninja

Post the angry Japanese fans now.

This.

I'm too lazy to write it up, so I'll just copy it from /a/

People were suckered in because if Ash was EVER EVER EVER going to win a fucking League it was going to be this one.

Remind me why people watch this shit? "It's a kid's show" aside, it seems to be objectively a pretty shit anime.
Hell, the franchise in general seems a bit stale to me now. Gen 6 seemed pretty bad from both a single-play (mega-evolving legendary not even halfway lel) and multiplayer perspective. Even romhacks I tend to get bored of easily now. I played Blazeblack 2 and sungold/moonsilver recently and, while objectively good romhacks, I kind of just gave up on them pretty early on.
Can I just not have fun with pokemon anymore? Am I dead on the inside?

People watch it because they watched it as kids and want closure, so they pursue it to the bitter end. Most probably watch it when they have nothing to do for a week or two and remember anime piled up 50 episodes.
The exception is the last XY anime because it went away with conventions, battles were animated very well and shippers could easily latch onto it.

No. Pokemon games are getting worse.

Eh, understandable. I read Bleach right up until the disappointing sans milf!Orihime and rukia and renji's ghostspawn daughteru end. Odd parallel with X/Y now that I think of it. Bleach's last arc had a great thing going and then it dropped the ball hard. Why do our chink cartoon/comic makers get our hopes up only to crush them?
And I'm not just talking about the new games. Even some of the older ones and the better romhacks I'm tired of easily.
Hell, some years ago I played through that Dark Rising Romhack. You know how shitty that one was? I can't describe it, but I actually played through most of it. And yet now I can't play a good one through to the halfway point.

That's it. That's fucking it.

They never cared. They never fucking cared.

The one fucking time they could get away with letting Ash win a league with Alola around the corner.

THEY FUCKING ADVERTISED AND HYPED IT AS THE LEAGUE ASH WAS GOING TO ACTUALLY WIN

JUST

I'm pretty sure the leagues are regional. This explains how a Narutard managed to make it into the top 4.

I think the fact that Ash seemed like to have a very good chance of winning is what pulled a lot of people back to tune in, since this show from what I heard changed things up slightly.

Which makes the fallout of his losing much worse and hilarious.

At least we have fan edits.

Seriously, the only way this makes sense is if the guy cheated and the upcoming episodes reveal that (or maybe reveal he's evil and have him beaten in a rematch), but that's giving the writers too much credit.

I didn't expect much from DoW III. I expected greatness from DoW II.

I have been watching this season and this is exactly what happened.
Even if we ignore the hype to the battle, the inconcistencies in the battle are obvious.
They can't let Satoshi win a league, but they will let him get just as close as possible without breaking the status quo.
Hopefully people will start realising how conservative to a fault japanese production is, instead of praising it because they are dissapointed from the west

This season was actually very fun even in non plot important episodes because they showcase fun and interesting interactions between pokemon and have great characters that go through development, both Satoshi and Serena.
If you don't pay attention you won't notice it obviously hence all the memers like you spouting ignorance.

Ok, hol up boys, I have a question here.
Last time I followed pokemons is when I was a kid more than 10-something years ago and just fapped to misty and that crazy R-team chick.
So recently for the sake of nostalgia I went to gelbooru and searched for some hot misty porn. It turned out her japanese name is Kasumi. Well fine, whatever, japs tend to do this shit, I know.
What was more interesting, however, is there appears to be an adult version of her.

Here's the question:
I take it pokemon animoo actually has time passing inside of it and people mature, right? So Misty is all grown up now, right?
Then why the hell Ash is still the same kid he was in the very beginning? How do they explain it? How are his relationships with Misty now? How does that even work?

that's from the games if I am not mistaken
after all she and brock where gen 1 gym leaders

Fair enough. I guess at this point it's pretty hard to be disappointed in anything anymore.

Butterlord is probably the only game I've got any real hope for.

Why there are no adult ash pics then?
I tried to search fro him and there are mostly gay shit with Brock.

Nig the animu and the games are two different continuities. Only the latter seems to have ageing, and Ash does not exist in the latter.

ash is not in the games

THEN WHO WAS RED?

literally Red, not Ash

Not Ash.

poopdick, at least in my version of pokemon red it was

I liked it. More overworld shit to take advantage of its nice atmosphere and more mini dungeons that you accidentally stumble upon.

Still doesn't make up for the overall dungeon quality early on.

So what, anime followed Ash for 15 years but dumped Misty after first season? Good thing I didn't follow it then. Misty is the best girl

she was in a couple movies, and I think in the season with May and her brother for a few episodes

I guess.

I stopped giving a shit around Diamond & Pearl.

Dawn > Misty = May

So I think we can all agree the anime peaked during Johto and officially died when the English voice actors changed sometime in the late Hoenn to early Sinnoh era

Also
2000 > Spell of the Unown > Heroes > 4ever > Jirachi Wish Maker > Destiny Deoxys > 1st movie > nothing else matters after this

No idea who that are. Don't give a fuck either.

I thought the voice-actor change happened right in the middle of Hoenn, but I do agree that it ruined my interest in the show from that point on.

The voice actors changed right after Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, which I believe is the last film to take place in Hoenn and also the last movie shown in theaters in North America

twitter.com/Mantager_/status/766246428893061121

THEY BROUGHT THE B/W WRITERS BACK JUST FOR THIS EPISODE

THE FUCKING HACKS THAT MADE ASH LOSE TO A RETARD WHO ONLY BROUGHT 5 POKEMON TO A 6-ON-6 AND MADE HIM BRING A TEAM OF NEARLY ALL BABYMONS LIKE OSHAWOTT

Dark Souls 2

Pokemon is just the beginning. There will be a letdown of epic proportions when Donald Trump loses this winter.

But he's winning you dumb fuck

A Pokemon anime has so much potential for being good, especially when the game offers so many scenarios that can be adapted into a good series arc, like overcoming a toxheal Gliscor.
Also has potential for Toriyama levels of CHARGING due to boosting moves like Swords Dance. You can literally have a "GIVE ME YOUR POWER" scene with baton pass or healing wish.
The game has an actual Dio in the form of Zoroark, move and item reveals also have potential for surprises.
But instead we get shit like

>but somehow, the final election won't be rigged
Let's be realistic, user.

The mechanisms of rigging are subtle, and have mostly been deployed. There's only so much they can do without risking a coup, which is why Trump is diverting all his volunteers into election observers.

let's just hope the election isn't as rigged as Ash's battles

I dunno lol

You should watch the movie trailer where adult Misty is talking to her child with Miranda.

Funny you post Gary cause Ash beat him in every League match they had.

Game canon is not the same as anime canon, but Blue, Gary's game equivalent was mentioned to have studied abroad in Kalos.

ALL ASH HAD TO DO WAS THUNDER WAVE/BULLSHIT ANIME ATTEMPT TO PARALYZE CHARIZARD WITH PIKACHU AND REFRESH RAIN DANCE WITH GOODRA

EVEN THEN ASH SHOULD'VE PLAYED KAGE BUNSHIN AND SHURIKEN SPAM

ASH PLAYED LIKE SHIT

ASH IS RETARDED

ASH DOESN'T DESERVE THE VICTORY

there i said it

Misty was in Orange Islands

Does May still have the biggest tits?

it may just be that Dawn was bigger

I havent watched the anime since johto, does ash ever win anything at any point?

look at the thread, what do you think?

Yes, filers like Orange League and Frontier Brain stuff. That's it.

me

Too bad nips don`t give a fuck about criticism from the west, how`s the japanease public is reaction to this?

There are not words that can describe my rage

Is this guy just wrong then?

You know it's poetic. Ash's chance at winning his first league were ruined by a charizard too.

I dont think I have gotten disappointed with vidya after Oblivion. That is when I stopped hoping for proper sequels

That's more forgivable because Ash didn't really deserve to win his first league. He was a complete dumbass and only 3 out of his 8 badges were legitimately earned.

Ash did win a league thpugh, the one inside my heart.

top wew

Honestly, I don't understand why these people are even surprised.
Did they think the anime would suddenly have a decent storyline and move on from this shit character after 8 years of shittiness?

They'll still buy the new games

Really, you guys?

The saddest thing is that we all know that Pokemon makes for a pretty good premise.

Instead of just following the same useless loser for 8 seasons they could have different kind of people in each season, each of them exploring different aspects of the pokemon world.
I'd like a whole season about pokemon scientists

Imagine if each season was set 10 years apart, and you'd see the characters from previous seasons growing up and helping the new cast. By now Ash would be a legendary Red-tier pokemon trainer that some of the new characters don't even believe is real.

Too bad, faggot, go read fanfiction if you want people who take Pokemon seriously. I'm sure there's some good stuff out there but I'm sure as fuck not going looking for it.

In the new series ash was seemingly cured of his brain damage and did some smart shit, I guess not

I only played gen 1/2 but they're just complete retards.

Imagine if they followed the LOTGH author's Pokemon novel instead.

Adult misty is from gold and silver

"We are going to remove the trinity system in GW2"
Wait, what, you already did in GW1.
WTF

i don't even understand why people think it breaks the story for ash to win leagues
at this point, he counterpicks, does smart moves, uses abilities and items to his advantage, and he has a pretty decent variety of monsters to pick from
and, of course, that doesn't count all his plot armor stuff, like the greninja thing, or aiming for wet onix horns, or being the chosen one

But ODST was fun. Did you play 4? Now that is where the real problems lie. 5 actually seems like it is making improvements to what 4 fucked up, so 6 might actually be good.

It will always work won't it?

If anything it makes less sense that he continues to lose leagues than anything else to me. This guy is supposed to be special and yet keeps failing pathetically.

He's supposed to be blessed or something.

there are nip comments there too.

otakus do that a lot, be it idols losing their virginity or the like.

He was smart enough to use Heracross with sleep talk against Darkrai

I know, user, That only makes it better

What is wrong with this people. I think I will just keep laughting

Remember what is the true "diccionary" definition of Otaku.

Didn't he lose 2/3 of his team before doing that?

He lost 2/3rds of his team after doing that.

Oh. I barely remember that at all. Watched it because people said that it was the first decent thing in the anime in like, a fucking decade. It was alright.

Brock was right, Boys.

triple dubs confirm that brock was right.

I think it is really sad they never used the full potential of what a pokemon series could have been. They should have just made ash win the league, fast forward several years and introduce a new character, ending the ash arc. A Teenager character around 14-16 who is both relatable to kids (since it is mainly supposed to be a kid show in order to market the game) but still watchable for pokemon fans who are older, like shonen manga main characters. Seriously, it would be so easy to make a good pokemon anime, it is unbelievable they haven't yet.

heh

He picked a Heracross with a moveset specifically designed to fight Darkrai against it first.

What the fuck?

Charizard vs. Blaziken was the peak of the series. Prove me wrong.

He beat Gary even with the type disadvantage.

level 50 0- Atk Guts Heracross Megahorn vs.
level 100 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 110-132 (39.1 - 46.9%) – guaranteed 3HKO

maybe that darkrai was level 100 and heracross was level 50 with a -atk nature and no attack EVs or IVs
also the calc was with heracross having 0 attack IVs and darkrai having 31 hp and defense IVs

I guess the moral of the story here is that water is an unreliable type.

and the heracross got the guts boost from, being asleep

I really wanted to see Ash's charizard wreck Alan's charizard but instead we get stuck with edgy ninja frog who blew it even with the type advantage.

Wasn't that Red in Origin?

Even in Japan Ash is 10.

ODST was good when it came out and it looks even better now that we have the train wrecks 343i has been shitting out to compare it to.

So is Gary canonically a 10 year old professor now?

I was filled with blind rage after 4, but I got 5 at a steep discount used and I think it's decent.

The way I described it to my friend is, it is like the Halo 2 of the new trilogy. It has some really neat ideas and some alright setup, but no goddamn payoff and some really stupid design choices. Overall a mixed bag, but there are some cool bits. walking down the side of a Guardian was the first time since ODST i'd felt even a little awe for a Halo game

No, this fight was when Ash was in the Johto League and Ash's Charizard finished off Gary's Blastoise with a Seismic Toss.

I can't get over how retarded the story is getting. The previous Halo games knew to keep the background separate from the actual story of the games. 343i does not realize this and so people have to go learn about a big bad that gets introduced in a gamemode that is exclusively co-op only for him to die like a bitch at the start of the next game.

Are the custom games at least better than 4's?

it took them a year to patch them, but yeah, kindaI wouldn't pay full price for this game, and I agree with you on the background thing. Why the fuck is Blue Team back? Hope you read Onyx, Glasslands and that shitty fucking comic or you'll be clueless.

It is only worth it if you REALLY liked the gunplay in 3, because it is structured like that with UT quickdashes. Armor abilities are gone.

I guess.

Yeah that sounds about right for their level of incompetence. Well maybe if the MCC PC rumors are true I'll give it a pirate. Did they at least bring the booty back?

No. Armour customization is still worse than fucking 3. Body and Helmet only, not even shoulders. How is Reach still the king?

Reach had such a good artstyle. Everything was bulky yet practical. I know 4 was over-sleeked garbage, does 5 reel it in at all? Can't even bring back fat asses to super soldier women. How can you even call them super if they ain't got no ass?

Comparing my Reach and 5 Spartans, you will not a significant lack of tacticool and many more smooth edges, but there are much more options in 5 if you don't want to dress up in Evangelion cosplay.

Also how fucking underappreciated is the CQB helmet? It's been there since 3, but they dumped it in 4 and haven't put it back. But oh my, we just HAVE to include Emiles Meme Skull!

They're still adding fucking EVA references? Well I guess this is keeping in line with the theme of the thread then.

Man 3 and Reach had so many good helmets.

ya the season was growing on for a bit from time to time but then leaving the goodra the ashninja still pretty bullshit but worked out in the end getting him to the league and the goodra coming back but then the long as league episodes and was like holy shit he is finally gonna win moment i was feeling he was gonna win finally.

NOPE fucking plot fucking armor out of nowhere the final episode was, I fucking swear that shit was edited to be a lost for ash. I hope the japanese fans are mad as fuck I know a lot of sites are pretty fucking mad as well

I don't understand why they straight up cut so many things. Even ignoring the whole "body and head" only, they cut tons of the old styles. Even the emblems aren't safe, I just want something me and my friends can wear to relive our youthful faggotry.

I feel ya man. So much time wasted on halo with friends. Not only has the series stagnated, it's actually gone backwards in almost every way that matters. Somebody wished on a monkey's paw when they heard Reach was the last one. We'll never get pilotable dropships in multiplayer, no crazy scarab based gamemodes, nothing. Just bad writing, bad art, and bad ideas.

Holy shit is that really from Halo 5?
If it wasn't in the file name I never would have guessed it.

It does looks a bit better in game with the lighting and anti-aliasing, but the texture is garbage. They also cut the colour selection down so you only have primary and secondary. Tertiary colour is now dictated by random unlocks.

It's not that it looks like shit (it does) it just doesn't looks like it's from a Halo game.
I'm glad I dropped the series after 4 what a piece of shit.

I'm keeping a dim hope alive for 6. I have spent the last few years wishing 343 a swift death, but 5 made me want to see where they're going with this shit. It could either keep going upwards and be an actual good game, or it could follow further in 4's footsteps and ruin the series forever.

Wars 2 looks neat though, glad they didn't add "nanomachines" to the Spartans in that one.

anything be EA Activision Ubisoft Bethesda

anything by Microsoft / Xbox

Anything from a AAA publisher.

To be fair Mega Charizard X is dragon/fire so it lost the weakness to water. Still no reason Greninja went down so hard

Pokemon fans are taking this really well.

The fault is theirs for daring to hope.

inb4 the same shit happens in 3 years

"I want you to keep the scarf on"

A japanese animator for this season had posted on twitter about "not letting kids have dreams" and really I think he is right, when I was a kid I hated the pokemon anime because it was so depressing seeing ash going through so much only to be cheated at the end or even ridiculated in the case of OS and Charizard or DP and Tobias.

I wonder who Serena is leaving Ash for I mean most of his female companions are successful and have someone they're dating
Misty is dating Tracy, Dawn is being molested by Cynthia, Iris is going to be Unova champion, May is a huge slut.

Do you think this anger is really that big?
Do you think it'll spark an apology, or even a change in the staff?
Pic semi related.

Even Digimon managed to save the world, while still having failures here and there.

What happened?

I don't know, i gave up completely a little bit before the Ruby/Sapphire episodes, and even before that i wasn't really following it too closely, i knew this shit was never going to end and that most of the episodes were just going to be as much filler as possible..

It was looking like ash might actually win the tournament for once but ended up loosing to a fire attack when his pokemon was a water type. The series has done worse things but people thought that if ash was ever going to win it would be this one to the point were people who haven't watch for a decade were tuning in to see.

If you actually put ANY hope in fucking pokemon, the cartoon who's episode count puts the fucking simpsons to shame or fucking bleach then you deserve to be disappointed

This is why I fucking hate all the pandering they do for Charizard. It makes him look terrible to everyone else.

Shoot yourself.

Damn this meme.

poor Dawn

Its actually canon in the anime, Dawn travels with Cynthia in BW is was with her in Cynthia's private villa for no reason since Dawn is a coordinator while Cynthia is champion. Even the animators ship it.

Did you just pull that out your ass, or that actually a thing now?

Basculin was the gen 5 fish, user.

What's it like being a drooling idiot?

Its a thing in the anime, Tracy is with Misty when Ash returned to Pallet Town after BW Oak said that Tracy was with Misty and Ash said he missed him again.

BW is only held back by how criminally short it is with fucking nothing to do other than a decent story with beat execution besides catch Kyurem and fight Cynthia.

BW2 is great and the sheer diversity and amount of regional Pokemon along with PWT and comfy new areas is just mouthwatering.

Calm the fuck down, Japan.

I know he was. I was talking about saying Charizard while unfairly getting 2 Megas over everyone but Mewtwo that at least have solid designs out of everything wrong with that generation is just retarded hate.

It took me a long time, but X actually grew on me. I think he'd get much less stigma if he was just the usual orange with gold flames and body parts instead of blue to represent being more powerful or red with pink flames to again do this and also reference stronger fire.

Yeah, personally I prefer his shiny coloration for X. If you want a black Charizard, then you should pick up a shiny, dammit.

So, what I'm getting from this is Ash is eternally cucked from both winning and women?

Yep he only has pikachu

I love this, Thanks for posting it, user.

It's a slow burn; you don't want to respond but goddamn if it nags you to do so.

If you see the big picture, Ash is growing and his record is going up. He is showing progress. He is also the only trainer who can sync with his pokemon as far as people know.

To be honest, I was expecting Ash to win, he could've easily won, but I don't think Alen is a better trainer than Ash. Alen only won because of faggot favourite genwunner memelizard megaevolution carry. That's the only pokemon stronger than any of Ash's. And his turkey pokemon who had equal strength as his Talonflame

Alain never wanted to compete in the league too it was Ash he caused his own defeat.

Can I take a moment to reassert just how bullshit this is?

Why the fuck would they bring back the arguably worst writers the series ever had?

They needed some top tier terrible to make Ash lose against a Fire/Dragon using a Water/Dark. It wasn't easy, but they found a way.

XY the anime was actually good, though, with the League loss being the only hiccup. I don't want the staff to change, I just want the directive to change - have Ash win the fucking league at long last.

link to jap video shown in this vid?

Dubscucks, ladies and gentlemen.

I can't decide which version is better

That…..That sounds fucking cool as hell…

>Mighty No. 9 came out it sucked but that's beside the point

I don't know if he's underage Anthony Burch or someone to actually pity at this point

This is how the fight should have ended

FFXV will be to all the fanboys/girls.

Tries to copy the Witcher 3 but forgets to accompany all their content with actually cool stuff to see. Story, world (well, zero world since it isn't developed), and characters will be forgettable, a far cry from its earliest days of development.

Might as well just call it Mighty No. 15

As someone who watched the show as a kid, and bought into all the Ash/ Misty shipping they did back then, this really bugs me.

Shipping is cancer famalam.

Also, feels good giving zero shits about this gen.

At least the megaman killers were fun

well played user, well played.

The REAL champion

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but I expected something better than this

Blame the animators and mostly Japan for shipping it

I don't think anything has disappointed me as much as pic related.

I blame Konami.

While I'm in this thread, speaking of OP… it had been ~17 years since I stopped watching pokemon. Once the orange islands arc started I stopped watching because the show seemed like it was going nowhere (or maybe it was because I was entering highschool and thought I was too much of a coolguy to watch pokemon… I can't remember at this point.)

Someone I don't trust at all told me the show was heating up and that it looked like Ash might win for once and I figured fuck it I'll watch.

It wasn't… good… what I saw (started watching subs of the latest seasion), but it was a competent children's show and I had a bit of a nostalgia boner for it. Then it got to the match and just fell the fuck apart.

I really don't understand where they were coming from ending that arc like that. It really felt like at the least it was gearing up for him to win the league but lose against the champion and he just fell on his face like a limp dicked preteen.

If this were another show we'd be witnessing the birth of a fucking villain with how much Ash (the names are different in nip? crazy how nature do that, team rocket are fucking bonkers in the original dub too) goes on about wanting more power… then he loses.

Oh well, I'll not make that mistake again, no more pokemans for me.

At that point, ash was still a scrub who won most of his badges by being heroic or shaking someone out of their funk that debilitated the gym, rather then being good at battling.

In brock's gym, he was given the badge, even after doing super bullshit training with his pikachu to bypass rock immunity, on top of activating the gym's sprinkler system as a sort of cheat.

In misty's gym, he fought against a greenhorn trainer who was traveling WITH him, and the "trainers" before her were worse because they didn't take the gym seriously and were fashion models or some shit.

Surge was his first legitamate win, but he still lost in his first try, he got the Celadon gym badge by putting out a fire and stopping team rocket instead of facing Erina, etc.

It was, in most cases, literally handed to him, so his loss was understandable, especially since his only full-evolved mon STILL did not respect him because his victories WERE handed to him.

Flash forward a million seasons later, he wins every match himself, he's far more mature, his entire team is FILLED with badass fully evolved mons and his uber pikachu (who for all we know swallowed a Light Ball and it's lodged in his intestinal tract or some shit) all of them almost top tier, he even has a mon with transformation mechanic unseen to normal trainers, all because he's just that fucking good and is a damned good trainer who doesn't need any fuckin' mega stones (and who beat a mega stoned Lucario, one of the literal best mega stone mons in the game) unlocked that shit through training and love (because this shit IS in the 7th generation games), and he loses to a fuckin' edgelord with a Mega Charizard, who OHKO's his clincher mon with a fucking non-effective move, and the only reason he lost to this fag before is because he was still training his mon to perfect his weird ass transformation power, which is an understandable fuckup.

But as soon as he hits the leauge, suddenly some idiot can throw fire blasts and OHKO mons just because ash is apparently supposed to lose because it'd end the series if he didn't, even though that makes no sense, because he'd move on to the next country anyway and try for pokemon masterdom all over the world because you know he wouldn't be satisfied if he won everything.

Seriously, Ash is obsessed with traveling, do you think he'd really fucking end it all there if he won a regional league?

wew lad, I could probably take out an actual Greninja with a 225 power move, especially if it had already been weakened like Ash's.
stay mad, charizard strong

That's normal Greninja. Ash-Greninja has different stats.

What are they?

We don't know, I assume we'll get 'fusion' (terrible name for the evo by the way) greeninja in sun/moon as an event mon and know then.

It almost looked like it had an attack and defence form, with ash only able to bring out the defence form at first, so who knows what its special defense was. It certainly seemed more capable of taking hits in its water surrounded form

Fucking japs have the worst taste. When are they gonna fix Farfetch'd?

I'm decently hyped for sun and moon because of the ice/steel sandshrew, might be enough to get me to at least try a pokemon game again since in gen 1 ice was my favorite type (despite it being terrible) and in gen 2 steel was my favorite type - My favorite pokemon when I was in grade school was arbok and sandslash and seeing an ice steel sandslash is like, I don't care if this thing is shit this pokemon is made for me.

Grade school? I meant primary school, we don't even have grade school in australia and I don't know what it is

Ohhhh, so that's what they call elementary school in prison.

The problem is, is that it's a kid's show. It takes far more effort to write actual character progression etc… especially when it'll run you into problems further down the road. The biggest reason I think why they don't have him win anything, is because then he lose's his loser status, so when people meet him, they can't just say they don't know him etc… If he was champion of somewhere and especially multiple regions, then everyone would suddenly know who he was and that could potentially kill any of the inane storylines they want to do, where as now they can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want without having to worry about continuity.

Not watched Pokemon for around 15 years, not letting Ash win is absolute faggotry. He should have beaten the E4, had a kid, then had to battle his kid years later in the reboot because he is the leader of the E4!!!

I'm available for work if anyone from the Pokemon company is reading this.

I honestly don't know why they wouldn't just have him win then timeskip to his kids, they could literally rehash every storyline they've ever done but add in the 'I'm my own person not just my father's son' twist and spin various other places too. 18 more seasons of being able to have the kid lose.

I'd say it might be a jumping the shark moment but from the sounds of it most 'adult' pokemon fans have finally gotten sick of it at this point, and I feel like kids will watch it either way.

Continuing the series with another character would be giving up one of their mascot characters. They just need to do spinoff series covering other characters.

Speaking of a series doing this, does anyone know how that boruto thing is doing in glorious nippon? I guess if thats crashing and burning it lends some reason for them to never do that shit with pokemon

From a cursory glance, reviewers are just mad that they've been retelling the movie so far, so it seems like it's too early to tell.

Tell me who the president of Mexico is, tell me who the prime minister of Yugoslavia is, tell me who your state representative is, all without looking it up.

If it's a regional league, people in other countries would not recognize the guy.

I'd like to add to this and say that unless another region just does the shit he did in the current season as a matter of course he'd be more known for uncovering an evolution technique lost to time.

Ash is a fucking terrible person because the first thing he does when he uncovers that sort of thing is use it as an advantage in a competition, rather than say, ring professor oak and let oak study him so that the scientific community can document this shit before he dies in a ditch somewhere because he went out into the desert or snow unprepared again.

It hadn't been weakened, though. The Charizard's attack OHKO'd.

BTFO