What comfy games are you playing Holla Forums?

I find Planet Explorers really comfy.

Nice music, nice scenery and I get to relax and explore/build.

Since they added boats, submarines and marine life, there's more stuff to do and see. And sailing around with some girls is just relaxing.

Quit shilling this shit. You've been doing it for a while. Kys Ohio-fam.

planet explorers is grindy garbage. for something to be comfy there needs to be an absolute absence of things that could be considered grindy

Incorrect.

this. RS is grindy as fuck, and it's super comfy.

Nothing, I cant bring myself to start the games that could be comfy.Or I already played them to hell and back

I've been doing a marathon of the patapon series. Just finished the first game, god damn everything about it was pleasant.

RimWorld

Rented Kid Icarus: Uprising a long time ago, and it finally came up in the queue. Played all of about 10 levels before going out and buying my own copy. Game is comfy as fuck. Dunno how "butchered" the translation was, if it was, but I liked the banter. Voice work was pretty decent, and I like Cree Summers voice. I want to fuck that Medusa

Controls are kind of fucked, but once you find a position to hold the system that's comfortable, it's not too bad.

I tried to find an actual gameplay video, but apparently there's only two options - shitty cellphone video of the 3DS screen, or high-quality video with some annoying shitstain talking about crap nobody cares about in the most annoying voice possible. So here's a promotional video from Nintendo instead.

Nothing recently, but a while back I was playing Subnautica and ARK (on a private server).

My nigger. Post your colony.

Do you play babby mode where no enemies ever spawn and no bad events ever happen?

Trips confirm.
Insane grindfucks will call comfy anything that satisfies their degenerate need for repeating the same shit every day.
Go play Warframe, since it's the ultimate grinding simulator, it should be ultimately comfy for you.

What does "comfy" even mean anymore? I feel like the meaning has been reduced to "stuff I like"

Exactly what I thought when I saw retarded avatarfags using it in 4 AM threads.

unless it's to tell them that their thread shouldn't exist
sage for offtopic

So that means Wurm, Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress, Earth Defense Force 4.1, Space Engineers, Mount & Blade - and pretty much any game that has any sort of resources that are gathered - aren't comfy and can't be comfy.

Just how monumentally retarded one has to be to think that?

Having to collect stuff doesn't make a game non-comfy - as long as it isn't too tedious or slow (and it certainly isn't slow in PE. I can collect 1000 of every mineral/metal in half an hour).

I used to think it means "relaxing and nice".

I wanted to like Planet Explorers but it has the worst part of gameplay and features of grinding MMOs without actually being online.

most comfy game tbh. Can't wait for its comfy sequel letter this year.

Not playing it right now but Burnout Paradise actually is comfy as fuck.

aka

Prison Architect
It just warms my heart Watching the guards beat the shit out of prisoners in my gulag

Man, been a while since I last played PE. I really liked the editor, wish you could make anything in them.

As for comfy games, I guess Kingdom - New Lands fits the category.

Fuck, I hate that game.

Thanks OP, reinstalling planet explorers now. Haven't tried it in a while. I pretty much gave it up as abandonware and wasted money since they took a year to release a shitty update.

In the thumbnail the hourglass kind of reminded me of Doom Guy.

Is that game any good? I remember playing the first one but then everyone was raped by Ruskies, and apparently they want you to pay for the second one.

Comfiest

It went p2p for a little while, but now it's f2p with optional subscription for boosts in learning rate and speed doing some actions. It's not like there are any limits on what you can do as f2p though.

It's interesting how some comfy games can also be really fucking spooky or unnerving at times. Stalker, subnautica, outer wilds, space engineā€¦

Its always tension until moments like these make you feel at ease.

Nope.
It's a comfy and good game. Problem?

You can make weapons (guns and melee weapons, bows, shields), all kinds of vehicles (bikes, buggies, trucks, tanks, helicopters, jets, boats, submarines), misc objects (desks and stuff to decorate colony), buildings (that is done in-game. You can then copy/save/paste and share a building).
Armors too, but I never tried making those.

Beta 0.3 now, devs estimate a month, maybe two before final release.

You're doing yourself a big favor user. Patapon 1 and 2 are fantastic.

I've always thought it meant stuff that's really calming and chill
Something like animal crossing or a game when you can take it slow
Or maybe an anime that makes you feel warm inside
Just something you'd do/watch while drinking hot chocolate and a blanket curled around you

From time to time I cycle through different comfy games.

has great views and listening to the radio while it's raining is really comfy

has a nice building mode to satiate your autism

When it's hot outside, and you want a building sim that's relatively easy

GTA V is pretty comfy, just driving around with Self Radio playing in the background.

Ace Attorney games are also really comfy, mostly because of their music

I thought it meant a relaxing game that wasnt too difficult to play when you just want to cool down.

It's not hard even on default storyteller and challenge difficulty.
Solo tribal with only a great boy and one day of pemmican.

I though there was a bug that prevented tribals from advancing. They also had no way to deal with temperature.
Alpha 15 is supposed to fix it or something.

Rise of Persia, a mod for RTW.

Playing as the neo-Babylonian empire and fending off against Egypt and Assyria.

what is this