You have the opportunity to be transported into an alternate earth where a game of your choice that in this reality...

You have the opportunity to be transported into an alternate earth where a game of your choice that in this reality didn't sell much and failed to influence the industry was actually successful and influenced every game after it.

What game would you choose?

Tennis for Two.

Shut it all down

minecraft

Failure is more important than success if you want quality.

That's not the question I'm asking user

The question you're asking is shit

You'd be stupid to want every talentless hack in the industry to churn out an endless stream bad copies of a good game

Again, I don't think you understood what I was saying.
There's no need to get so butthurt

are you retarded?

also STALKER SoC

This is a shit question, and a shit thread.
But id say that ET game for Atari that apparently crashed the industry, if only to see what would happen if it didnt.

Half-Life.

Live-A-Live.

Would actually like to see how the world would be after it's influence.

Even if my favorite game did influence the industry there would surely be a lot of cancer I wouldn't like to come from it

Disciples 2

my life

I've seen you in other threads
weird

It's a small image board

Bubsy.
What could pawsibly go wrong?

he would probably end up like sonic anyways

I'm okay with this. My NeoGeoPocket3D is great. Have you guys played the newest Gals Fighter? It has Kasumi, Blue Mary, Xiang Fei, and Angel as new characters this time.

Pong. Shitty games like this doesn't deserve sales.

OoT

So the industry become inundated with games focused around puzzles, exploration and combat that isn't just putting a reticle over someone or doing a QTE every 5 feet.
Casuals hate puzzles, exploration and the like and this means videogames never appeal to them.
They don't click the clickbait, fall for bullshots at E3, become censorship apologists and allow things like DLC and microtransactions to become the norm.
The industry is thus saved.

Zax: The Alien Hunter

Which is why the majority mobile games are variations of puzzle games.

King of Dragon Pass

In order to have the most pronounced effect, you'd want something that was released a while ago so it's had enough time to make an impact, and for its failure to have been because of niche appeal and a more mainstream competitor. For this reason I choose System Shock 2

Projected impact on industry:

1. Deus Ex becomes massively successful due to its clear similarities re-imagined in a different setting. Seeing the success of SS2, Ion Storm decide to pour all of its remaining funding into Deus Ex, thereby giving it the few additional moths of development time needed to complete the team's vision. The game is released and has distinct story paths, better endings, more philosophical discussions. Everyone shits bricks.
2. Half-Life's primary success becomes its flexibility for modding. Valve still creates Steam, but this time its primary focus is supporting a streamlined modding experience. Half Life 2 features more survival and puzzle solving rather than bombastic combat sequences.
3. The games industry encourages developers to build new and engrossing experiences for mainstream audiences. Due to the increased success of these types of games, investors and developers feel more comfortable putting more money on what is a lower-risk investment. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl is considerably more polished on release, and its success enables the developers to reliably produce a series of 6 "STALKER" games, the last one set in Japan after a hypothetical Fukushima disaster.

This post damn near brought me to Dr. Manhattan style tears.

Gaming could have gone so well…if only we had seen the signs.

Imagine if Spore had gone right.

Total Annihilation succeeding over Starcraft

God Hand.

I find it baffling that there aren't more games like this.

godhand

is this real life?

Game of my choice? A game made by me. Hells yeah

Send me to the universe where the Neo Geo succeeded and SNK went on to destroy and absorb capcom.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto or Mark of Kri. One managed to make a non-gritty and genuinely humorous game with a good variety of gameplay instead of just TPS shit. The other looked beautiful, had an interesting story that was decently mature, reminiscent of older 2D movies and had one of the most interesting melee systems I've seen, which I don't believe has been even close to copied really anywhere else.

Depression Quest, but only if I have a button that can blow up that version of Earth at will.

Dragon's Dogma
Deus Ex
STALKER
God Hand
Evil Genius/dungeon Keeper
Any early 2000s collectathon/adventure game thats dead now

Atheists can't even explain the origin of this one.

Interesting choice, I think it would lead to a much worse crash as everyone making shitty clones of a shitty game can't be a good thing.

Strawman.

Artificial Academy 2.

I'm pretty sure "I don't Know" belongs to another ism. Which all the atheists ran to because people started mocking them for what they were.

You know this argument will go know where and will result in the same outcome

how do you know anything is anything
go fuck yourselves

I have yet to find an atheist on Holla Forums that I can have a proper discussion with.

But who am I kidding, this is Holla Forums.

Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive concepts
It is possible to not believe that something exists, while also acknowledging the possibility that it could
Further, it is also possible to acknowledge the possibility for something to exist, while simultaneously mocking those that claim to know specific details about the nature of that something without proof

Wherever you are, thanks for squandering it, faggot.

this tbqh

this

Have you considered it's because you open with bait in an unrelated thread on an unrelated board?

If you want to actually make an argument I'm happy to enter a debate that has the same arguments that have been made for millennia.

Mizzurna Falls

Or this game.

Maiden Rape Assault Violent Semen Inferno

Also this.

4u

Rock'n'Roll Racing