So I just finished watching the first season of Channel Zero, what did you think about it Holla Forums...

So I just finished watching the first season of Channel Zero, what did you think about it Holla Forums? I thought that for a b-tier horror and a creepypasta-based show at that it was pretty alright and even had some interesting ideas. I was looking for a horror with mystery elements and a human culprit and at least this was alright at scratching that itch Well, kind of at least.

Complete

Fucking

Shit.

Take a one page creepypasta and drag it out for 6 episodes of pointless filler.

this. It had 'moments' but it was clear they were struggling because half of the shit in the season was completely unexplained

season 2 was better

was it based off slenderman? or jack the killer? i cant remember but I was deciding whether to watch this or black mirror

Completely stupid. Of all the creepypastes to do, candle cove is one of the worst. Candle cove specifically relies on the format of a conversation over an online forum. It loses the development and then the more sinister punch when its told any other way. Creepypastas in general lose a large part of the essence of creepypastes told other ways, though Ive always really wanted a movie or tv series for the holder stories, though giving credit to the originator might be hard to do.

It was watchable.

Tooth monster kid seemed more goofy than terrifying though, teeth aren't inherently scary.

1st season is based on "Candle Cove"
2nd season is based on "No end house"
theres a 3rd season in the making, dunno what it will be based on

it was unsettling versus scary, but again it was never explained and just ended up stupid

When it comes to this creepypasta and paranormal stuff I really wish there was this anthology show with more subtle stuff and a new location/entity every episode.

Like Junji Ito styled stuff but with much more restraint, maybe with a bit of CarnackiĀ thrown in.

Candle Cove was kinda meh. No End House was much better but kinda has a weak ending. It is cool that it seems like they're actually spending money on these things. They actually look decent. I wonder if they'll cancel it because Max Landis is the executive producer.

Teeth-Man!
Half-man, half-teeth!
Bitten by a radioactive tooth in a pool of toxic dump.

this is the only copypasta related thing converted to another format that I have seen do it well

When you think about it No End House was really about drug addiction.

Agreed

A creepypasta TV show sounds like another level of bazinga, like TV networks are accepting pitches from low-functioning autists living in institutions. Can't wait for Rage Comic: The Animated Series.

Emoji the movie is basically that with only slightly less autism.

Which is creepier, this or Black Mirror

Was 1st season good? It felt weird to stretch that story into an entire season when the original story was just some conversation on a forum.

Better off watching Blacked Mirror. At least the writing is interesting.

Whorehouse 13 is the SCP series. It kinda sucks but still better than Channel Zero.

Cabin Innawoods is the SCP movie.

Shame how that site was blatantly taken over by tumblr and reddit.

Every fucking time.

I didn't know there was a season 2 famalam.
=^_^=

Warehouse 13 I hated the Jew, they should have cancelled it instead of SGU.
But Joanne Kelly is such a wonderful woman šŸ˜