APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE

You are correct, Disney should apologise for all of nuWars.

I said from the start it was better than TFA. It's still shit.

Getting one thing right doesn't fix the rest of the things they got wrtong

They should

Apologize for what? The protagonists in Rogue One are pure shit that range from boring to cringeworthy and make the movie almost unwatchable. The antagonists aren't much better, they're just some random angsty dude who takes credit for building the Death Star that we've never heard of before, a CGI mess impersonating Tarkin and Bazinga Vader with his shitty one-liner.

Doesn't RO fuck with the lore/continuity of A New Hope? Something to do with the ebin Vader scene.

In a way, In A New Hope, Vader said the plans were received via a transmission to the ship, but in the movie it's downloaded onto a drive and then they give it to the Princess Leia's ship. Some fans really stretch it by saying it was beamed to her ship because it was attached to the command ship.

WE WUZ DIPLOMATZ AND SHEET. WE DINDU NUFFINS

Seriously?

vader already knew they were full of shit with the diplomatic mission, so that isn't a problem

vader says "several transmissions were beamed aboard this ship by rebel spies, i want to know what happened to the plans they sent you" which implies the plans were uploaded in parts, not one transmission and then copied to a disc.

I get that the director wanted to make a Star Wars war movie but the characters were so bland. If there was potential in a good Star Wars war movie it's in the Stormtroopers but considering how fucking horribly they mutilated them in Force Awakens and how they're used as LOL NAZI DRUMPFKINS by the latest generation of cuckolded Star Wars fans I don't think I'll get it.

Well, the heroe's weren't spies.

Yeah but Leia wasn't written that way was she? Before R1, the insinuation was that Vader had just caught up with Leia who was going from one place to the other. After R1, the insinuation is that Leia making some shit up on the spot. It takes away her cleverness in telling a believable cover story, and his ability to discern truth from fiction.

All this disney shit does is devalue the originals

Just a regular ass war movie focusing on these guys might have been cool. Instead we get the diversity squad, who mostly aren't even real rebel soldiers, which seems to kind of defeat the point.
Remember that one WW2 movie that focused on some non-military affiliated girl, leading a squad? Me neither.

I just watched this a couple of days ago. I haven't watched any of the other new Star Wars movies, because movies made by Abrams and Disney tend to have unfinished and incoherent stories. Add to that the identity politics marketing campaign, and Mark Hamill shitting on it in interviews, and I'm quite content in ignoring those films.

So why did I watch Rogue One? Because it was a standalone movie (meaning the story had to be finished), and the director seemed to have an actual vision beyond brand recognition. So was it good? Not really. The movie defines its characters well enough, but the characters don't really take a leading role. It felt like I was watching some background characters whilst the big hero was off screen. However, at the end of the movie I was actually giving a shit about the story, and the Darth Vader scene at the end is better than anything in the prequels, so this is, sadly, the best Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi.

First pic makes me really want to buy a vaccuform machine

It's still shit. The existence of worse shit does not make this one any better. I still wish someone would make an unapologetic war movie in a Star Wars like universe.

what part of "you are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor" don't you get? vader always knew she was full of shit, this just gave it substance.

pretty much, way i see it is that the tantive iv jumps into hyperspace, jumps out near tatooine, and vader's star destroyer creeps up right behind them. that, or they jumped into hyperspace as well and were able to activate that magnetic field thing that forces nearby ships to drop out of hyperspace.

She was cute and fierce.
Will definitely lick her feet/10

just watch revenge of the sith

The hallway scene was okay.

Alright, I'm sorry your parents have a faggot for a son OP.

I would fuck Jyn, but that's about it.
The robot sidekick is stupid, the guy who Jyn kisses is fucking shit, and every other side character is boring. I like that they picked that guy to play her dad, I like him but that's about it.
The story is bland, the set pieces are alright, but tend to be mediocre. The beach setting is nice but wasted in this film.

Yes, but as a film, it's the best out of Nu-Wars (still mediocre though).

Rogue One is still garbage, get the fuck out reddit scum

I somehow misread this as "I would fuck the robot sidekick"

Ellen Page was in Rogue One?

brb, downloading

Worst star wars movie is rogue one

I genuinely don't understand why Rouge One is supposed to be "the good one" or even a guilty pleasure. Is it just Vader killing cismales and JEJ doing a terrible JEJ impression? It was even less memorable than TFA other than that, and it's the most Marvel of the three nuWars so far. Best I can say for it is that not having a Roman numeraled subtitle makes it less offensive by default.

The Star Wars universe is boring.

George realized this when he cut the series short and made the third one the last one.

It was average. But you're comparing with TFA & TLJ so standards are so low that average is the best

I wouldn't say the universe in general is boring, but the parts the movies focus on mostly are

No, although it wasn't quite as awful as the new main series it was in many ways just as bad or even worse.

If you look at the kinos Lucas made you can see that each one is OC. It is connected to the rest of the saga but it's also this unique and creative thing. Disney has produced content just like the old EU stuff was made but with librul political nonsense poisoning the films. They're made as extensions of a creative work, not as original works on their own. Each film Lucas made was like a wellspring of fresh new ideas and concepts. They all had something new going on and an unique aesthetic.

Rogue One is very much a fanfilm. As a fanfilm it's not awful but when you compare it to Lucas Star Wars it's shit.

I remember when they announced Rogue One, people thought that it would be based on the Rogue Squadron, turns out it was about Diversity Team Six and iRebel.
Also let's not forget that the final version of the movie wasn't what the director signed for. It was supposed to be a war movie set in the Star Wars universe but Disney and KK rewrote the script. In the end none of the characters were interesting, they didn't become heroes, they were written as "special" from the start.

The original director wanted more poz. The saving grace was someone somewhere said, “hey, Vader’s still alive during this, have him cut fickers up.”

Two hours of Vader slicing various forms of space Judaism and Marxism in cool ways would have been more entertaining than the shitpile we got.