Final Fantasy XV story leak

So apparently FF XV's story as well as many other things have been leaked on 4cuck. I'm curious to know what you guys think. This was posted before the 1 hr gameplay video which has so far proven the leak correct with the whole invasion of city "which we already knew about" and having to collect ancestral weapons "which we never even knew about and was never hinted". The post was made in June so it's so far been proven right with the gamescom video. Here's a copy pasta for the stuff that was revealed.

Going to post it in a reply as "the body is too long"

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/809NrhX.jpg
archive.is/taA6e
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_fashion_industry_collaborations
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Gentianas role in the story."

"who dies? who is final boss?"
Luna and the dad die, final boss is Ardyn, the red head guy
Luna dies

Where the f*** is the happy ending then?

"can u romance aranea pls answer this"

"What are all the summons, and how do they look?"

"is pic related still in the game
and are any of the outfits from Versus XIII in the game?" -> pic i.imgur.com/809NrhX.jpg
Also I can't promise they're in the game because the costumes are kind of the last thing on the devs mind right now, but it is up for consideration

" What recent changes have they made?"

"Will Noctis become a King?

"Can you explore Lucis and the other cities? how big are the cities"

"Does the game have a lot of towns and cities?"

"Give a basic plot outline. The script may not be finalised but you must have some idea."
There's a full script as of nov, its just changing because it's a mess.
that's it.

"So whats the design like for 10 years older Noctis?"

"How do summon fights go? Does Noctis really push back Titan with just his sword? Why are the weapons of past Lucis Kings spread throughout the world instead of in Lucis?"

"tell me about attires, can you change the clothes?
I know about the suit, anything else?"

"1.Why did they change Regis' design
2.Why did Nomura leave FFXV
3.How long is the game (playtime) and is the map really as big as they say?"

1.Because they had to rewrite a lot of story to cut it down from a trilogy to one game and the dad character got changed a lot. Also to make him look more like the Kingsglave design
2.Because of said Nomura trilogy hopes, and because Square would rather have him on KH3 and FF7 remake. With Nomura it would have been good, but would have taken way more time just to get part 1 out, like an extra 2 years
3.~40 hours right now, but they're trying to bump it to about 50 by strongly encouraging more fetch quests. The map isn't done in a playable form, it's segmented levels right now, some of which work and some don't

"Any dlc they are preparing?
Any info you have on kh3 and ff7r? release date or something?"
?Yeah, its coming, but they don't know what yet except one about Gladio since there's almost nothing about him in game. They're more worried about main game now.
No news on those, not a lot of communication about them going on

"1.Is the combat still s***, or are they actually fixing it?
2.why did they change the battle system from E3 2013?"

1.Its virtually identical to how it is when you fight as older Noctis in the plat demo. They changed team specials to L1 from the old demo. If you liked plat demo its fine. If you didn't it's s*** for good.
2.E3 2013 was a proof of concept based on Noruma's version of what the game would have been and nothing more. Tabata was already changing it and the characters/story while it was being made to show at e3.

"Please tell me they fixed the phantom swords, it's impossible to control that s***. Please say they did."

">>Tabata was already changing it and the characters/story while it was being made to show at e3
But Nomura was still the director back then, Tabata said he became the director in December of 2013."
that's not how things like that work. You don't just jarringly shift production like that, its gradual. Nomura did direct the trailer they showed at e3 in 2013

"Is FFXVI being worked on right now? and by who?"

"I don't believe you. Even if XV only sells 3 millions, XVI would happen, even with a much smaller scale. They're probably working on XVI as we speak."

"The game is being made in Japan with the localization team being in Japan with them. No one believes you"

"Stella was replaced with Luna and Regis is still in the game, his design changing means nothing towards his role. Prompto design also changed idiot. Kill yourself "

"Do you know anything about the Japanese voice actor of Iedolas? was he changed? i heard he died not long ago."

"How could the game be so unfinished, yet still being worked on, a few months from release? "

"Will it have PS4K compatible features?"

"You're lying. They already confirmed in December last year that the game is playable from start to finish and all the content was done, and all that all they have left is polishing and debugging."

">>Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind.
Oh come on. It would have been delayed to December or early 2017 if that were the case. Come up with more believable bulls***."

">>There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4
But Episode Duscae 2.0 ran fine on PS4. Is that the 2 hours you mean?"

Sounds like the game is being held together with glue right now. And those plot points are…yeah.

For proof here's an archive of neofag dating back in June archive.is/taA6e

What do you think?

are we supposed to know who any of the characters are? not even joking because this seems like quite a lot of detailed info for something that isn't even out yet.

We do know all of them by name, A quick google search of their name will go to show you that Ardyn is the purple haired guy and Aranea is the dragoon girl. Also like I said it matches up with the recent youtube video that was released. Remember, we had no clue about the collecting of swords as it was never hinted at neither did we know about the 10 yr skip which again was proven in the latest gameplay.

SE wouldn't stop talking about the characters during that Final Fantasy event and there is web series prologue of some kind.

Pic unrelated

For those who don't want to read the wall of text here's the plot

that's it.

I love watching a fish out of water flounder.

bump

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

This is pure autism, it's a ff game, the story patterns probably typical anime fantasy with soap opera twist.

At least if this tanks XIV is still making SE 7.5mil a month, no idea what XI brings in.

At least in the past they made likeable characters you'd care about, at least until VIII where it all went to shit.

This joke is just one big sausage fest to reel in the fujoshi, because someone over at SE thinks they are a dominant market force.

I still can't believe there are no party members who are female whom you could dress up. What the fuck?

If all this shit came after the game it would actually make more sense. But of course the main game would have to interesting. I can't ever imagine FF7 getting all those spin-offs and movies pushed out before the main game itself.

I hate it when companies do this kind of stuff.

SE is kind of desperate for money, so they're trying to cash on the hype train early before everyone figures out XV is a dud.

They're chopping the FF7 remake into parts to squeeze more gurenteed money out of the property, though Q

What's painful is that it's incredibly obvious what could be done to solve this problem but they're blatantly ignoring it in favor of spending MORE money on products that are just huge moneysinks.

Honestly I would have shitcanned FFXV a long time ago, put Nomura on KH3, Put the Bravely Default crew on making the next FF game not as an overhyped mess but a true successor to the franchise, low key with a new variation of the ATB system that isn't the retarded shit FFXIII introduced, and I also would have started splitting up teams to work on more smaller projects instead of only 3 huge projects.

I knew it was going to be a fucking trilogy. Nomura or not square is too fucking vain to not push out a reused assets game and shove it down our throats. I still believe that it's going to have a sequel, they won't be stupid like last time and put a "to be continued" but they will have another game that will add on to it and try to play it off that it's not like an FFXIII-2.

It would be hilarious if FFXVI is a sequel to FFXV. People would defend it

What do you mean? That audi advertisement is a great investment that will make serious returns in sales.

Isn't that an issue that is prevalent in the industry though?

Everyone seems to be pushing these retarded blockbuster projects that burn up money and need an even bigger marketing budget to make every mouthbreather out there at least partially excited about them.

Nobody seems to actually want to experiment and try out new IPs with more reasonably budgeted projects, instead opting to rehash the same stales IPs year in, year out, hoping nostalgia and fan loyalty wins over franchise fatigue and general outrage at the shit quality they're delivering.

They really should've just let Nomura do Versus instead.
But no, let's make 2 sequels for FFXIII that bombed hard, the shitty tomb raider games for muh feminism and butcher the fuck out of the Hitman franchise. Even though they could've spent that money and finished Versus by then.

Square Enix, at this point, should fire their entire marketing department for their shitty market analysis.

The AA market is an untapped goldmine at this point because AAA games basically killed them all.

You think investors like risks like new IPs instead of milking the horse?

did they bomb? IIRC they were made with the leftover FFXIII assets which had a similar development cycle as FFXV.

XIII was in development as far back as X IIRC, originally it was on the PS2 until they bumped it over. XIII-2 and XIII-3 were both made because they simply made too many models, areas, muscial tracks and all that jazz for XIII that went completely unused so to recoup the cost of the development they made 2 sequels out of what was mostly left overs.

I think they will have to take risks. The AAA market is drying up and there is no further possibilities of increasing revenue. Meanwhile each new blockbuster costs more and more as budgets bloat past any reason.

They could've at least improved the battle system then i guess.
Whose fault was it though for all these assets getting made?

Whatever dumbfuck was in charge and couldn't plan the project properly.

Then again, seeing what a complete fucking mess the narrative of FFXIII it seems nobody had any fucking clue what the fuck they were doing.

I still don't understand why it's so fucking hard to make a plot comprehensible to humans, with characters the audience can care about and root for, with an artstyle that doesn't look moronic.

what the hell is she doing without underwear?
Why do you have that saved and should I scream mods?

They can't make AA game or make lesser known IPs because Companies have share holder saying they need 5 million copies or some shit for games so they do things like kill of Valkyrie Profile 3 and slap lightning on it for easy sales.

too many cooks in the kitchen. too many focus groups and people putting in input for a milk toast game that is full of compromise. Look at how Nomura was easily kicked out and they just replaced him with Tabata like it was no big deal, even though this was Nomuras Pet project. No one in the development process has any importance anymore.

They did, immensely with each installment.

Shareholders are cocksuckers looking for a quick buck. If they don't like people running the company in a way that initially led it to success then they can fuck right off.

Have you seen the recent AAA games? Take overwatch for example. Investors are convinced that shooters/deathmatch plus waifu works on virgins. While it is absolutely cancerous is still got them the profit they wanted.

The same reason why you have futa in your hard disk

(Checked)
Well, that explains a lot of what the fuck was going on.

Holy shit I didn't even realize my trips. Also thanks for posting vid

This actually feels nothing like the 2013 trailer. Now I at least understand why I felt weird about this game for the longest time.

The sad part is, they did such a good job of easing us into this, that most people won't realize the final game probably won't resemble this at all.

This looks like ass.

So, is the game set in Neocalifornia or what?l

It's over

they're not cash-ins per se, this is genuinely what square think will generate hype

I want it to fail. Fuck fujoshits and road trips.

The word is milquetoast, you know.

But I agree with your assessment.

toot sweet

nomura needs to die anyway
he has made some alright character designs in his time, but also a lot of jpop rejects
who honestly thinks XV's characters are cool? and all these bullshit latin words…

I can't believe i bought a ps3 day one for this shit back then. I'm glad to not be bothered to get a ps4 for it now.

Fuck SE.

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE
ABOUT THE STORY IN A FF GAME
THEY HAVE SHIT STORIES
VIDEO GAMES HAVE SHIT
STORIES

Listen lad, storytelling in games is not about listening to someone's script play out. Go read a book. Real storytelling in games are from the unscripted events that happen that weren't written. This is just shit and you should kill yourself for wanting to watch a bunch of rich effininate asian boys drive around in daddys car on a homosexual roadtrip.

Honestly Versus XIII's concept seemed pretty sweet. Better than the current shit for sure. It seems they passed on the opportunity to have 3 solid games in order to have 1 shitty cashgrab now. This kind of shortsightedness drags brands through the mud though.

The jpop rejects is more square's shit than nomura's, I expect. I suppose you didn't know they actually have deals with fashion brands to peddle their costume designs?

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_fashion_industry_collaborations

Final Fantasy games were always linear story games with combat interspliced. Yes, it's an abomination as a game, but it manages to scratch some kind of imagination and entertainment itch, which is more than can be said for the current stale fare.

In other words, we all know Final Fantasy games are pseudo-interactive movies these days. That's why we basically rate them as movies now.

that's more recent nonsense though

I'm not hyped about this, but what sort of insecure dudebro do you have to be to label it homosexual?

YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE
AND A POOR IMAGINATION

You don't think they look like total faggots? Completely unlikeable.

I hate the way they look, but why be so insecure about it?

It's jpop boyband shit.

I can't believe you managed to take issue with someone calling that homosexual.

Hey man, I'm not on the Final Fantasy hype train. Last FF game I liked was a natural magic users run on FF6. I just liked the old FF13 versus concept (vid related, yes subs are fugly). It seemed to have an actual story for once. Do you know how rare that shit is?

You're being insecure since it seems to have bothered you so much that I mentioned they look like fags. Hate to break it to you but they look like fags.

I don't want to play a game with characters I hate in it. That's common sense, not insecurity.

FF6 is the only game in the series I'd have a chance of playing again because of the stupid endgame shit you can work towards like all-imp party with imp armor.

Holla Forums can't live without shitting on things. Blame TORtanic. As great as it was it ruined Holla Forums forever.

Did you seriously just pull a "No u"?

Holla Forums has been shitting on things long before tortanic, redditor.

And I've been browsing image boards before screaming reddit became the retard's defense for getting called out, but please do just throw out oldfag cards like it means anything.

please be a bigger hypocrite

He's right to be honest.

This guy sounds like he's projecting his own insecurities. He sounds like a closet faggot trying to convince himself that the shit he's into is totally manly and it's everyone else that's insecure.

Can you honestly say that the FF13 crew doesn't look gay right now? This is what happens when you get fashion designers to outfit a bunch of dudes. Everyone knows that male fashion designers are pretty fucking gay. This is just common sense here.

How is he right? He never explains how it makes them look like fags. l I think "manliness" is not a concept I want to take too seriously, or worry too much about, but thanks for that window into your mind as to what you think of my motives. Are you American?

actually he's not, and hypocrisy would not make him wrong regardless

You can also have Shadow just throw the imp spears for full damage. It's a shame the Esper system tends to trivialize combat though. The whole "acquire espers, disregard all else" system could have been thought out better.

It's not a concept I take too seriously or worry too much about either, but these guys do look like they would wear makeup. That's just a simple assessment.

Is this one of those "I'm not gay, I'm just European" things? Are you French? 'Cause most Europeans I know would agree that looks gay.

why, why the fuck do they not learn from their errors. Why won't they just for 1 time do what their fans/customers are telling them to do.

Too much cost and effort and they're worried about turning out like Skyrim.

You forget Square has an amazing skill at squandering talent and putting incompetents at the helm. If they tried open world it would be total ass, and a waste of time and money.

It clearly is something you take seriously, since you accused me of deluding myself into thinking the stuff I like is totally "manly", as if that should be important to a person. Please keep track of what the fuck you're saying, user.

Just because you can find people that agree with you doesn't mean you've given any reasonable explanation. You're saying wearing make-up is gay, or gay guys would wear make-up… you know this how? If true, why does it matter?

Why did you go for the label of "faggot" instead of emo, or jpop, or effeminate even?

I'm honestly not that concerned about it myself. It's more of a mild negative to me which pales in comparison to the larger issue of SE having no clue wtf they're doing. But you seem really hung up on this whole "it's not gay I swear" thing.

Thank you for confirming you're a closet faggot.

I don't know how you manage to have your panties in a twist at the idea someone could call any of this shit gay.

Cripes I'm wasting too much time on this conversation. It was fun watching you dig yourself deeper though.

There are a lot of designs that I don't like in JRPGs, but I will stick by directors creativity and all that jazz. But if I'm supposed to buy in the hype and love them, watch the anime, movie, and buy their clothes then yes the "love the backstreet boys" thing that's going on is grating and signaling more flags about the quality of the game.

As much as you and a number of other people on Holla Forums try to deny it, story in an RPG matters.

Out of all the things being called faggy and gay on Holla Forums you penalize us for this. also what I said to the first guy I replied to the first guy in this post about not giving the characters a chance.

God knows what kind of selective hearing they will get when listening to "fans"(shareholders, journalist, more fujoshis and otakus who don't play final fantasy, people who hate RPGs in general)

STAND BY ME

I think they should let it die already. Final Fantasy has gotten to a level of degeneracy akin to post-season-10 Simpsons.

Pretty much. They had Nomura assemble a trailer based off what was made for the project so far, scrapped nearly everything and started over with Tabata to make generic Triple-A shit and make teleport sword spam combat boring and bland.

RIP Stella, the waifu that never was.

Can you fuck the loli ghost? If I can't, I don't care.