Okay, Holla Forums

Okay, Holla Forums.

You get to handle a Spore reimagining.

What do you do to make the game good?

I don't even know what it's about but it's by EA so I'm not touching it.

EU4 with heavy focus on military customization that affects combat ability

I can the idea, never release anything, and hope that no one ever has the same idea again so that people never make endless threads about the pile of shit.

Watch the 2006 presentation.
Do that.

go away Sean

Yeah pretty much this

Make it about actual spores

Bring Will Wright back and let him finish the 2006 build.

Open it up to modding, people are only just figuring out how to make new paintjobs for this game.

Make the game stop at the tribal stage, restrict evolutionary progression to upgrades you got in the earlier stages, and add slavery/rape as a way to bypass that limitation(when you fuck a new species, enough, you get to use their parts).

Only right answer.

Because the only thing Spore is missing is mana.

tl;dr don't fuck up Wright's vision of the early pre-sapient stages, fiddle with the later ones to add a bit of simulation & wargame elements and turn space into Super 4x, overriding him only on his (very early, probably only pre-demonstration show) point of not wanting to add true FTL, because slowboating everywhere to play a poorer version of Space Engine would be a bit underwhelming compared to a weaponized blueprinting/empire management game.

Make the blobby spine body part customizable. Instead of just fat hot dog or short hot dog, it can be flat, wide, narrow, triangular or rectangular.

Make the form actually affect how it walks like in the 2006 demo.

Make it so the editor can make people, fish, badgers, actual flying birds (that nest in trees) and insects that look good instead of some kind of digital Mr. Potato head.

Make it so the skin-colored default blend can be another color. Make the head shape a new part that snaps to the mouth piece.

Make it easy to mod and add new parts.

Restore the plant editor and aquatic stage.

Make the space stage fun and not a babysitting job.

Make it so a reward for exploring in the space stage is a device which allows you to assimilate any creature in any stage and play as them.

I would just make a more advanced version of Seaman.

I still get the urge to go back and have a playthrough, the memories of the promises realized by my imagination fuel that desire.
Then I remember what the actual game was…

Simple. Follow the original vision before it was ruined by backstabbing cunts.

The good ideas have already been posted, so, considering that it's literally never going to happen, I'd like to ask: what other games do the Space stage right?
Last time I tried to revisit the game it was a chore to get all the way to that stage, and even then it felt as underwhelming as the last time.

Give what was promised.

You don't have to re-imagine disappointment you already felt, user.

Import SPORE creature creations as fauna on the planets in NO MAN'S SKY

Don't, because the evolution is just a big hoax anyway.

Each stage of evolution is a DLC, each DLC is $60, each DLC also has it's own separated cash shop selling timed costume, advertise it as a charity, half of the profit is going to some made up charity which link to my personal accounts in switzerland to avoid tax.

Hire Will Wright.
Fire anyone who opposes him.

the game starts out by building the organic molecules needed to produce life. rather than simply showing up on a planet with life on it already, this is literally the first living thing on the planet (although later you could find randomly generated precurser ruins and shit)
the gameplay is somewhat similar tothe original cell stage, but much more adaptive. species start diverging from the original you created, and you have to compete against them. meanwhile a sort of "bad guy" is introduced, in the form of a mysterious space-born virus that manifests differently in each stage. as you evolve, you can only change your cell so much each iteration, so you don't get jarring, dramatic changes after one generation. also, the parts you use and where you put them has a MUCH greater impact on the game, incentivising you to atatctually try to ADAPT.
eventually, you can get complex enough to go multicellular. you can either evolve immediately, and be the first multi-cellular animal, or stay unicellular to grind, although when you evolve, there will already be multicellular animals. this is true for most of the other stages as well.
the aquatic stage is the creature stage but underwater. parts have more impact on gameplay, adaptation is more gradual and iterative, etc.
rather than a list of parts, it's more like a skill tree, where de-evolving also costs points. Rather than a simply being a third-person hack-and-slash, the creature stages are a sort of light rts, with you being the pack leader of your species. you can be a predator, an herbivore, or an omnivore. none of that "socializing" shit. There is also a much bigger emphasis on survival, with lots of factors affecting how much food is available (# of competing species, amount of prey species left, etc.) making your food source go extinct IS possible. from there, you can adapt or die. the space virus makes a re-appearance, possibly as a big infected boss monster or a swarm of infected creatures. Once your species spreads far enough, you can advance to the tribal stage (whether you're aquatic or not is irrelevant; you could also be amphibious). the tribal stage is more of a direct RTS, with you competing against other sub-species of your own. you can develop your religion, culture, all of which carry on to the rest of the stages. the transition from tribal to civilization is much smoother, with you starting with primitive stone-age peoples and ending with primitive bronze-age city-states.
The civ stage is just a more fleshed out version of the original, played more like a simplified grand strategy game. you can be a diplomat, a trade baron, or a warlord. the virus re-appears as a randomly occuring disaster, which can spread and depopulate cities.
space stage is sort of like two games in one: on one hand, you have a capital ship that lets you fly around and explore shit, but you also have an empire view that lets you play a grand strategy game with your space empire, and also you can have actual fleets. virus makes a final comeback in the form of a tyranid-like infection. there could also be some other randomly occuring disasters and threats.
basically make it an actual fucking game, with heavy emphasis on consequences, adaptation, survival, customization, and randomness.

I'm still butthurt

watching the making of video for spore is just hilariously depressing. almost every other conversation is:

Nothing, a game like spore or nms promised is impossible to make, the result would be what we already have

It is impossible to make an infinite game, only goats with wings on their legs instead of on their assholes on the next planet

fire all christian fundies

except spore already had a lot of stuff made and was scrapped for different reasons like whiny christian dev team members

how much of a kid can you be

And to please the monetary overlords: Make every stage its own game where you can transfer save games from the lower stage to the new one (and share them online).