9xbuddy.com/
archive.is/8PR9D
archive.is/hoAUf
steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/361798516938828371/
archive.is/EOY1e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Throw it on the pile archive.is/W0EPu

Oh, no, no you can't disguise

No, you filthy goyim, its rotation is just incredibly slow i swear you'll have to wait until next week after my check clears before you see it rotate

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_locking

1. Tidal Locking is extremely rare
2. This is not an example of Tidal Locking. The planets in NMS literally don't move.

Protip each planet's sky is actually just a skybox floating in there, nothing you see in there is an actual object until you go outside the planet

also want to add that you should go to the mun in KSP then observe the same effect.

not defending this game but you know absolutely nothing if you think the OP phenomena couldn't happen

1/4 is not rare you mongoloid

1/8th of Sol contains life

there is a 20% chance of life

20% of the universe contains life

life is relatively common

oh yeah just disregard the fact that humanity has confirmed tidally locked exoplanets and that a shitload of saturnal moons exhibit the phenomenon

physical phenomena are governed by physical laws and are separate to biological statements about swans or whatever you're on about getting to the point of the problem of induction.

i think provided the fact that 34 fucking orbital bodies fell into tidal locking after 4.5 billion years is a good enough indication that it's by no means a rare phenomena

"extremely rare" as per what you say. extremely rare would be like, 1 observable instance of it but even then you have trillions of other systems…

Does any of this disprove the initial point that NMS's planets don't fucking rotate because there are not even actual objects in the sky? Autistic niggers end yourselves

go play Orbiter or something then you faggot

LOL. Holy shit kill yourself.

stop shilling your shitty game

I didn't buy it I just told the OP and everyone in this stupid thread that what the video shows is physically possible

now, whether you goyim can uncuck yourselves to this fact aside from critique of the ripoff of Noctis IV is a separate matter

And who gives a fuck if it's physically possible when the game doesn't fucking render it that way at all? You know what else is physically possible? Killing yourself faggot

good job goy it's the whole fucking point of this goddamned stupid thread full of idiot goyim

turns out someone bought a few shills doing damage controlle. Pay attention on halfchan too there is a lot cointelpro happening.

Never mind, it's already on the list.

no it's not you fucking idiot, the point is that the planets don't move, and don't actually exist

You're so fucking stupid, holy shit

even though you're right that the view could remain the same, THE POINT IS THAT THEY AREN'T ACTUALLY MOVING

The sun is a skybox, and the moon isn't orbiting the planet - they're staying entirely still.

Guys I have a question!

So earth has an equator as well as an axial tilt as it spins. For whatever reason, this is the axis earth rotates on. However, as it passes the sun, what does this angle actually end up being responsible for? So far all I can picture is that it affects the size of the polar caps, since more or less of that area would face the sun depending on spin.

Secondly, what would a planet look like if it was axially perfect to the sun? I imagine there would be little ice at the poles, and the equator would be unbearably hot.

Finally, what if the planet itself didn't spin - it just rotated around the sun. Is such a thing possible?

you are mentally ill retard, kill yourself

It's a nervous tick.

That's going to end up coming out of your paycheck.

looks like someone isn't as dumb as the others

orbiter and Noctis IV are free

goyim pigs literally cannot see past their (albeit hatred) against this stupid game to comprehend the critique of OP is baseless

Whats up with this game so far?

I know absolutely nothing about it. Some kid at work told be its like a million galaxies or some shit.

A special kind of retard.
Are we going for a new reply record today?

See

Geocentric universe proven
Spacecucks on suicide watch

It's Space Engine with shitty looking Spore creatures that you can't tinker with for $60.

I played a lot of Sim Earth as a kid but didn't really understand it.
Sadly it hasn't aged well and there are almost no games like it. Just curious.

Can it be done?

again.. the issue is the fact that this is literally the equivalent of going into UE4, pasting two spheres, and scaling them to 5000x5000… not the tidal locking.. you fucking dolt.

nice meme

I dont want to read all that shit I want someone to write out a nice shitpost for me.

last reply but I want to show you faggots how stupid you are before exiting this thread full of people who've never read a book on space or orbital mechanics

Tilt causes different seasons. No tilt, no seasons. Most planetary bodies that dont spin are tidally locked I think?

It affects the seasons in the two hemispheres. The north has summer when the south has winter because of that tilt.
If the planet was perfectly vertical, there wouldn't be seasons. Every day would be the same length as the last.

The last question is a bit more tricky. The planets rotation is actually an important factor. It is the reason we have winds and tides. These things might still exist if the planet didn't spin, but they would be on a much slower, seasonal pattern. Likewise, the planet would not be able to support life, since at any time half the planet is receiving minimal sun. While the planet might still be warm due to its core and the atmospheric conditions, sunlight is needed for plants to grow. Similarly, without tides, the temperature of the planet would be less stable, since the tides flow cold water from the north down towards the center and hot water outwards.

that tilt is why the southern hemisphere experiences the opposite seasons.

oy vey It's just embarrassing now

You realize that view only applies to the object orbiting, right? In the NMS video it's clear that the object that should be orbiting is the object in the sky, not the object the person is standing on.

No.

From a gamedev point of view, there is nothing wrong with this - as long as it is accurate. Once you leave the planet, eg as you filter through the atmosphere, it should transition to correct simulation.

Seasons mostly and the contrasts between them. I recall reading that the angle also plays a part in the sea tides too.
There'd be a gradient between cold caps and extremely hot equator
Technically impossible unless the planet is perfectly smooth since the "roughness" of a planet aids in it's rotation. However, if it didn't rotate somehow, then what'd occur would be half-cycle day and nights (182 days of day and 182 days of night), Wind would be more violent and only occur during the crossover between night and day and might be more violent due to the earth heating up more. The difference between day temperature and night temperature would be drastic (similarly to how it is in the desert),

I'm no astrophysicist so take my words with a pinch of salt.

it's a skybox in space too. It's always a skybox. There is no actual stars

Of course it doesn't rotate since it's flat.
Spherequeers on suicide watch again.

fucken no script wont let me watch youtube videos, wtf

somethign about local blah blah

Also if anything people should complain about how close planets and moons are in NMS, rather than orbital mechanics.

Well then you're fucked. This is pretty much that entire list condensed into a nice video.

But there's cameras and telescopes an ordinary person can buy to observe the moons movement accurately.

Why would the wind and weather fronts be most dramatically affected by that?

I'm not defending them, but I'm still newish to 3D graphics; I can't think of a much simpler way to do it. I mean, you could have billboarded planets or something. It'd be difficult to see planets from other systems with your naked eye, so there isn't much point to rendering them.

Of course from what I gather, Space Engine does a pretty good job of it.

Use youtube-dl.

Has anybody actually disproven OP's claims?
You can say "It's just tidal locking", - which that may be true for this specific planet - but that doesn't actually disprove anything OP said. The planets may very well not rotate in-game.

I swear nigga, sometimes it's just better to let the Illuminati spy on me than having to put up with bullshit not working.

why are you replying to a troll

It is 100% a fact that the planets do not move, there are no actual stars, there's no orbit, there's not even an attempt at accuracy.

Just see my picture, it says it all.

maybe they're just three way tidally locked lmao

I remember several fanboys saying the planets had rotation when defending the game.
So they didn't even bother to check if they rotated or not, they just assumed it was true.
That's fucking sad.

You need to allow like 6 different urls to watch yt properly. Copy the yt video and go to 9xbuddy.com/ to download it instead

cold temps create a vacuum for heat to fill.

This triggers my space autism

its fun

Fun is a buzzword

Sooo how many of these tidally locked planets have life on them?

Surely one side doesn't get baked to death while the other freezes no?

archive.is/8PR9D user.

Ooooh shit. What are you doing? Soon, you'll be posting images of animals with a watermelon for a head, and claim Hello Games weren't complete lazy hats and knew exactly what they were doing when their randomizer produced those abominations. You'll probably also argument that it's to "lure monkeys" than "this animal looks like a banana". Come on.

all the planets are the same exact size in this game? They couldn't procedurally generate difference sized spheres?

The worst part of these is the stupid procedural names. Couldn't they at least make them shorter and add a decent syllable algorithm? Seeing some fuck called Argomegazibokrautronmeganium Sopachupacabraxenontururu is retarded as hell

CHECKMATE.

The worst part is how they confused weight and length in many occasions, you can see that in 1st and 3rd pic. I've got other pics where the units are properly assigned, so… are those sizes hard coded? I wonder. I'm going to check the list of text again.

This guy took "never skip legs day" too seriously.

user how could you do this ? Your mother and I are so disappointed in you.

JUST

wow

This literally is Spore 2 the Quintrillion

here anons, this is what happened when skybox of lies is buggy as hell.

TELL ME MORE LIES

what the fuck

Streaming user did that for an hour or so. He just kept walking in space and punching holes in asteroids. Eventually he let himself fall down forever.

Anyone remembers this video?

My picture as in my posts picture.. not actually mine.. I couldn't take more than 10 minutes of this shit game. Not trying to take credit for a picture of two huge spheres next to each other, lol

You didn't get the memo? The program (likely) reponsible for this is trans female to male.

I still love you user.

EVEN SKYRIM HAS MOVING PLANET
WHAT THE SHIT

PROCEDURAL GENDERS

EVERY GENITAL PROCEDURAL

spherecuck detected

kys fam

18 bazillionen and yet they all touch each other butt

Two things.
1. Most tidally locked planemo are very close to their primary.
2. Tidally locked bodies undergo what's called liberations. They rock back in forth in their orbits. So even if you were on a tidally locked body the sun wouldn't be static. It would make a little circular path in the sky over a period of hours to weeks.

just imagin what would happen if one planet had a dick.

archive.is/hoAUf

Why is everything shaking

PROCEDURAL EARTHQUAKES

this is timelaps

actually magic, invented by an very old folk of wizards. They lived in sweden and every moring they eat a baby.

You're just as bad.

I just realized the astronaut in the background picture is a woman.
Look at her shoulders and her gait/feed stance.

It strikes me hard that Todd is 45 and there are no mentions of his wife or family. Maybe he's a wizard, that's why his lies always work.

I don't think that counts: you cannot see yourself in the game because there's no player model. The only thing resembling a human in this whole game (well, at least, in its assets) is pic related.

how the fuck did you reach that conclusion, ponyfag?

also, my captcha

Oh no, i am telling lies. He actually has a son that worked as a voice actor as a baby in fallout 3. Deepest lore.

Todd is a vampire from the 1st century AD, a Roman soldier who died in one of the Jewish revolts, risen by a Gnostic cultist and transformed into a bloodsucking demon. His family is long dead, but he has hypnotized people to act like family members.

you've changed my mind, im going to buy the game now

lmao are buyfags this retarded or what?

the sun ain't static in OP's video.

So what is actually meant to be at the centre of the galaxy?
What caused all the lifeforms to become mutated the close they got?
Why does it send you to another galaxy when you're still pretty far away from it?
In real life there's actually is something at the centre of the galaxy: a supermassive black hole (often just referred to as a SMBH).
Fun fact: there are no actual photos of black holes, mostly because most of them are stellar black holes, which are actually very small. The lensing only effects light within a radius of a couple kilometres.

steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/361798516938828371/

And also because black holes could actually be gray holes, ECOs, or fuzzballs.

does anyone play video games or do they just buy them and spend more time talking about them

???

That's just their effect on light.
They would likely pull in any matter within a couple hundred megametres.

I seriously hope no one thought that there would be a picture of an entity that emits no photons.

Mmm

I was referring to photos of the lensing effect.

Can't the lensing of light happen through a lot of other ways than black holes? Or were you just referring to there not being photos of lensing caused by a black hole?

Yes, and there are pictures of that.
Also yes. I probably should have clarified that.
But lets stop getting off topic. What the fuck was at the centre of the galaxy in NMS? Sean can't act like the ending has any kind of meaningful answer.'

Light lensing can be induced by any sufficiently massive body. It's much more noticeable when black holes do it because of the extreme density. I'm sure neutron stars, especially a double neutron star binary system, also do a fair bit of of noticeable lensing as well.

fruedian slip horsefucker

Please sir, can I have more?

who gives a shit about nms. I want to know more about black holes.

There's nothing to discuss about nms since it has nothing to offer or discuss about.

The earth doesn't rotate around its axis, just look at the nightsky. If the earth was spinning you would see a blur instead of static stars.
We don't live on a sphere, we live on a planet, which is plane.

This is now a proper space thread.

You're probably joking, but stars actually do move through the sky. Their motion is noticeable over a time span as little as a few minutes, especially if you can align some sort of reference point (like a pole or tree) with a bright star.

Because it's not tidally locked to the sun, the two planets are locked to each other. The one in the sky should have librations, but it doesn't.
There shouldn't even be an argument about this. It's obvious NMS didn't even try to get things mechanically correct, and the user trying to justify static planets with tidal lock is in denial about how much the dev team completely failed at creating their product.

Why does every planet have a solid surface? Many planets are gaseous (see Jupiter).

There are also fairly interesting natural phenomenon in extraterrestrial planets such as liquid methane lakes and Iron rain. Hell, even Venus has twin tornadoes on its southern pole. Why couldn't NMS include at least one of these? Oh yeah because it's shit

Is it true nms doesn't even have ice?

The lack of variations make me believe that the devs were just taking long vacations with some work to make it passable, which they couldn't even do that.

Hebrews please cook yourselves. This place concerns itself with the real truth.

clearly planecucks have never actually tried to point a telescope at a star in the sky and swear when the fucker keeps inching away from you.

because of pic related.

This is the keyboard devs were given to develop the game with

Kill yourself.

No one is questioning that, you fucking idiot. It’s being said that tidal locking is not uncommon. That it exists is the point.

If every single one doesn’t rotate, that’s the dev being a sack of shit like we knew it was.

“You fucking retard, it’s the SKYDOME that rotates, not us!”
– paid shills

as far as I know todd howard isn't married.

He dedicated his life to his job.

TOPKEK
Feminists are actually sore because of No Mans's Sky

That's obviously a joke although I'm sure people believe that.

Everybody lies now. Why waste your energy when you could play a game you like.

more importantly, why did they feel the need to make a whole universe? A single, well made solar system where planets were worth exploring would have made a really cool multiplayer game

If he got married his fake family might realize he's actually an immortal liche

I can feel the spit from the webm

Man you can tell near the end there that Seanny boy was really feeling the burn. He knew he was gonna get crucified at the end. He looked dejected and nervous as fuck.

How the fuck can we still have these shabbos goyim in the thread insisting that planets and moons in NMS aren't just static objects on the skybox because hurr tidally locked geosynchronous orbits are totally real u guize when no such pairing of celestial bodies is known?

Sweet jesus, I just realized what that aberration of nature is. What in the actual fuck?

Sean could carry the little Toddler in his pocket wherever he went and take him out for when he needed lies done.

I gotchu fam.

It's easier to make a bunch of randomly generated shit than a few well thought out and designed areas. If people complain you can just fall back on the >muh 18 gorillion excuse.

They should've made a simulation.

They made a video game.

A mediocre one.

Space Engine is a better simulation than NMS will ever be.

WOOW WE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS STEAMY SHIT AREN'T WE??

0 DEGREES CELSIUS IN SPACE
YOU FALL DOWN IN SPACE
If you guys want a game where you can do anything you should get skyrim remastered and fallout 4

ofcourse planet does not rotate

all we live is in hollow world so you should get brain moran

Is this honestly a deal breaker for people? Genuine question.

I wonder how Sean feels knowing that a lone Italian kid made a better version of his game for free 15 years ago.

The game is a dealbreaker. This is just a tiny speck of shit on the heap of shit that is NuMale's Sky.

you forgot something, it has cities too

Even earlier than that you had Elite simulating a whole galaxy worth of stars and planets, and then the sequel, Frontier, added planetary landings.

And this on top of faction warfare, functional and complex trading, ships that actually do differ from each other, all manner of weapon systems, other activities such as piracy and bounty hunting, story missions, etc.

NMS is just proof of how low our hobby has fallen. Sean Murray is just the poster child for all the talentless, unimaginative numale cucks that keep inflicting their lack of passion for vidya upon the masses.

Thankfully, this complete embarrassment basically guarantee the clown won't ever get another chance like this again and will be relegated to making mobile phones for the rest of his career.

how did they get away with implementing such literal religious hitlerism??? (but islam doesn't count they're peaceful folks trust me saw them on reddit)

that feel

I don't know what to say about something like this. It's surreal that these people could spend years of their life making garbage. Does nobody care anymore? Is devotion to one's craft history?

It's sixty dollars.

Fair enough.

Hitler was very heliocentric, the whole sun symbolism and other occult things was very interesting.

A: thats not a fact, you dumb shit. There aren't photos of black holes because light doesn't escape them
B: there are plenty of black holes that are indirectly observed through other things like the heated gas falling into them and x-ray and radio emissions from that gas.

This thread is full of scientific inaccuracies, like NMS itself

What does that have to do with his statement?

He's talking about resolving the event horizon.
In those cases the only thing you can state positively is that an extremely dense and massive compact object exists from the observation. You can't tell whether it's a true black hole or something more exotic.

They can't even do this. Mainstream cosmologist simply assume that black holes exist, because their mathematical models would not make sense without them.

Everything more exotic is a black hole.
Black hole refers to an object that has no messurable emissions, yet has a mass big enough to bend the space in an way that even light will get caught up in it.

All the shit you see on tv and by black science man is based upon that theory, since we have no way to gain more knowledge about it.

I'm pretty sure if we didn't spin we wouldn't have an atmosphere, so that'd be bad.

I misread it because I am retarded.

He means the game was high budget you retard. They claim it's indie shit but it's had TONS of money pumped into it from Sony.

that fucking video made me want to kill myself

Yea, hearing that crying really hits you like a brick doesnt it.

Only somewhat related, but the supermassive black hole seen in Interstellar, wormhole bullshit aside, looks pretty close to what an actual rapidly-rotating black hole with an accretion disc is thought to look like.

Pic related. Actual model of what it would look like. Can't remember if this is in visible light, though. The stuff above and below the event horizon is just the accretion disc lensing from behind.

Jesus christ man read a fucking science text book. Just because we call it the "dark side of the moon" doesn't mean it is actually dark all the time. Also planets don't tidally lock to stars very often and when they do it is usually gas giants very close to the parent star.

That being said NMS is not tidal locking, it is shit game design and just straight up fucking lying. At least the Kerbal guys had the balls to be upfront about the fact that their planets were on rails right out of the gate.

Both the parent planet and moon are tidally locked to each other. Like Pluto/Charon.

I mean, still you're right that it's shit game design and deception.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK PEOPLE YOU HAVE FUCKING GOOGLE USE IT BEFORE YOU POST.

And what exactly would you call something that has the mass of several thousand medium sized stars that puts off no light across the entire spectrum? I can't wait to read your thesis on what these objects are since you know better than physicists.

Using the phrase "mainstream cosmologists" pretty much tips you off as a nassim haramien nutjob and is a great way to inform everyone you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Mainstream cosmology? As opposed to that super indie cosmology? You are an intellectual child making declarative statements about how black holes don't exist on a video game themed image board. Please kill yourself and take the dev team of NMS with you on your way out.

great movie

But in order for what said to make sense they would also have to be tidally locked to their parent star, something that we see very rarely and have only ever seen gas giants in orbits very close to the star do.

Our magnetosphere is what holds the atmosphere in place.
If the Earth stopped spinning, all that would happen is the air would become too thin to breathe across the equator, and would become denser around the poles.

This is the most idiotic thing i've seen yet, but i must press on to find something truly fucked up.

Oh, you're totally right, I just didn't want the dual-tidal locking to go unnoticed, since it's cool as shit. Deceptive developers aside.

But user, I'm sure they have watched several youtube videos about this, making them experts on the subject :^)

wew lad

Black holes do not exist

pls no bully

Oh, don't be mistaken it isn't fun at all, it's just the burden i chose to bear.

thats a trap isnt it?

GIS says most likely, but the only result I got was a /g/ thread.

Planets don't rotate because they don't exist.

Earth is flat, and all you're seeing in the sky is NASA Illuminati holograms.

Dick status:
MUH

NMS is owned by Sony.

Sony rushed Todd Howard the 2nd to release the game before it was ready.

They(sony) used stickers to cover up that Multiplayer isn't finished.

Yet TH the 2nd gets all the blame just like the real Todd Howard, even though it's the business men's fault for rushing a talented and handsome man's perfection of a dream.

Just play it differently guys. :^)

archive.is/EOY1e

If i play NMS the way i would enjoy it,space engine becomes a far better alternative

A+ user.

tidal locking is not rare at all, it's extremely common

besthesda publishes their own games, if i'm not mistaken.

Isn't the entire fucking point that you're supposed to play it your own special snowflake way?

But how can one play it differently if there is barely any gameplay at all. This game is too revolutionary for me, I cant even comprehend it.

Fun fact: Mercury is technically tidal-locked too, but not in a way that is synchronously locked due to its orbit being too eccentric for a consistent spin

At first it was
now it's

That song is already taken and todd's, is this no man's sky song?
Also did that user post the video he was making about the game? i told him i was going to make a webm out of it but i didn't see him posting it

Besthesda/Zenimax is a BIG company. Do you really think Todd himself is responsible for fucking over the developers(such as id) that they've worked with?

sometimes I love you faggots

you can start a thread about anything and it always devolves into somthing else unless the game is good, in which case, the thread stays on topic.

Fixed it for you.

hey, the dungeon crawler thread is still alive dispite being made like a week ago

Which cannot be seen because light cannot escape from it, dumbass.

>It took 30 hours (30 hours for God's sake) for out dumb fuck reviewer to realize he was (Jerry Seinfeld voice) playing it all wrong
- If it takes you 30 hours to figure out you're not having fun, you probably don't have a brain.
- If after 30 hours of unentertaining gameplay you go back to it, you enjoy pain too much.
- If you decided to rewrite your article till you got the outcome you wanted, you really didn't need to play the game at all.

There is no star at all, the 'star' in each system is actually the centre of the galaxy because fuck realism

Damn. Forgot.

- If after 30 hours you still don't know how the game is meant to be played, then the game is doing a shitty job at explaining how it works.

Please tell me that's some elaborate troll.

Nope.
A guy already tried to fly into the sun and his game started to glitch out after a certain time.
There is no actual sun in the game.

I know about the skybox, I'm talking about the posted picture.

Someone had to have the autism to go and make that.

What the fuck

I don't know why you guys worry about polygon. It's a parody site that makes fun of liberals.

Nobody claimed you posted it. That doesn't mean you're not a fucking Redditor piece of shit.

Not even halfway through the video and I'm laffin. We need a webm for this shit.

He died for sean's sins.
When that interview aired Holla Forums was rightfully all over that guy in a good sense. Dude was very reasonable and they literally boo him off.

I hope those faggots have the decency to kill themselves from embarrassment now everyone knows what a shambles the game is.

It's literally a fanfiction someone came up with to mentally justify how the game works. It's pathetic.

user I didn't get the pic from reddit, I got it from here. I guess it's originally from reddit, so sperg out on the guy who recognized that, not me.

Then the system doesn't move right. The apparent movement of the sun should be in a line with the moon.

See this critter, while silly, does look sufficiently alien, I think.

Now, if all the fucking whackyness had some context to it, like that huge green thing having a biological purpose I'd be far more interested

LOL

Can you see the Earth moving?

Checkmate.

I can see the moon moving. And it's not a skybox object.

Ha HA

The sad part is that most of them won't learn from this and will fall for the next scam.

This is some AD&D shit right here. Fuck why couldn't we have gotten a Spelljammer game instead of this one?

Because that'd take more thought and creativity. A Spelljammer RPG would be fucking awesome.

The moon isn't real, retard

I bet you even believe humans landed on it, lol

Poe's Law/10

Lmao mate it's not a moon, it's the death star

Why are you only quoting me, you missed a couple hundred posts ITT

Then where does cheese come from faggot

Your dick faggot.

im sure most of them will learn eventually. there is always going to be that 1-5% that never learns.

REMEMBER THE 18 QUINTILLION GOYIM

That has blown my mind. Wow truly incredible.

The thing I never understood is why the number of planets fucking matters.

They could have said a thousand planets and it would still have had the same effect because no normal human would bother visiting any planet past the firs hundred.

I'd rather have ten planets with handmade content and proper care taken in bringing them to life than six gorillion procedurally generated turds that all look the same.

It's almost like numale cucks are idiots that don't realize just how big and full of shit an average solar system tends to be.

Wow the game has so many planets you can't explore them all in your lifetime! You can play No Man's Sky™ your whole life! Unbelievable!

If you don't spin you fall

There's no solar systems in no man's sky, because there aren't any stars.

Because it gives the impression that no matter how much you explore you'll never see everything the game has to offer and thus get bored.

I can kill myself my whole life too

If you just landed on a planet and left, and you didn't count traveling time, you would still one gorillion, 6 tripillion and 2 seconds to deiscover each and every one. Can you imagine?

Yeah, okay, fuck you.

You could spam their map with 10,000 possible moving objects (about the number of big things in our solar system) and still get the autistic turds excited.

Hell, they could have said each new seed generates a completely new solar system from scratch for you to explore.

It's called breathing user.

Jesus i need to turn on the lights.

Keep in mind millions of people are supposed to be playing this thing. Even if those 10,000 objects were all planets the Internet would make sure everyone knew what's in which one.

A fucking pre-alpha game shown at e3 in current year blows no mans sky out of the water and it's basically space enginers with voxel based building and such.

So did Spores pre-alpha.

It's true though.

well that's a stupid comparison. All those other games had a much higher player count on release day too, over time it dropped and stabilized. Same will happen with NMS, it'll stabilize when everyone normal finally accepts that they wasted 60$ and only the most autistic fanboys stay and force themselves to eat shit and like it

I don't know how anyone fell for this meme.

You anons better not tell me you bought this game.

Here's something I don't think anyone has asked before.

If the game is procedurally generated, how would anyone ever find the same thing without everyone having the same seed for generation?
If everyone has the same seed for generation, then what's the point of having procedural generation in the first place, other than to save time for developers?
Players are already finding the same planets, so either everyone is accessing the same pre-generated universe on local content, generating the same universe off the same seed, or accessing a universe served up by a host that doesn't have the netcode for players interacting with each other or even with the planets they're on, only copying data to their local machine like named creatures or shit.

They already working on multi and they have an actual star in the middle of the system.

Don't expect anything though. It' literally space engineers with voxel based building.

Don't tell me you actually fell for this user.

It's much easier and more sensible to deliver the world as a repeatable algorithm, than to pre-generate 18 quintillion planets and delivering them as data.

Holy shit.

This. Procedural generation saves a ton of data, so for people with slower internet it's better.

Unfortunately, procedural generation also sucks dick when it comes to delivering interesting features or good experiences.

I can tell you didn't see the trailer. People paid for the game in the trailers, but they didn't get that game.

Also for the record I pirated it, and was still disappointed.

I see so many people bitching, just simply BITCHING about the price. Please, tell me, have you tried coding something before? Especially something this gigantic. Coding takes THOUSANDS of hours, you shitbags. You act like its point-and-click, like some stupid mini game. You have NO idea how much complexity goes into making a game. And your fucking crying about $60?
It wouldn't surprise me if the cost of games goes up in the next few years.

What does it mean?

user, the way they generate aliens is that they have like 4-5 zones and a random body part just gets chosen+accessories. The planet generation is the same way, they have like 10 or so planet types (probably less) and after that they have 10 types of terrain, water level and such. The generation equality/formula could be broken down easily if somebody had the time and autism to do it.

Nothing is at the center, you just restart after crash landing again. it's basically just an infinite inception style loop.

hi shill

It's not about the comparison at all (I could have removed the other stats, that's my bad), it's about the fact that the hype made this shit over-sell and now, people are leaving their game alone, only a few days after paying $60.

I watched the trailer, but I'm not a retard. Don't believe any trailers, especially if they seem too good to be true.

I'm not even tempted to pirate it even though space is my fetish

People were debating in a previous thread if there was a "true ending" or not.
There are 13 galaxies in total, however the game refers to it as a "dimension" when you discover a new one. We know that getting to the center of a galaxy initiates the "restart" in the next galaxy, but they're wondering if getting to the center of the last galaxy will initiate the real ending.

He's not married because YOU the audience are his waifu.

They were showing the kind of gameplay content we wanted, it already existed. Indie developers don't usually downgrade from the state you see in a trailer, that's what AAA developers do.

This game was such a massive disappointment that I became really desperate for space shit. Watched 4 space movies so far and spent a night looking up Nebulas and Galaxies in wikipedia.

Play EV Nova and mod KSP. I wish I knew of more awesome space games myself, but it's so hard to find ones worth playing for a long time.

>what are bullshots, and demos specially created for events
Mang you really only got yourself to blame.

Literally what the fuck are you doing.
Those are just from the top of my head, and i'm not even that interested in space games.

Wait so is the sun not a thing outside the planet? is it just in the skybox? Nigga Plantery annihilation is better than this shit

background

Give me 3 indie games not including NMS that do bullshit demos for events and then release a piece of shit that doesn't represent the content shown in the demo game.

Sprinkle salt toys

Autistic building/math games, not space exploration games

You're retarded for even suggesting this

I don't have a life to spare for this particular itch

WHY GENERATE PLANETS BUT NOT STARS

FUCK MY ASS

Yeah, at far you render a little glowing triangle for a star. That will eat your 1080 right up.

But lets keep in mind this game was originally developed as a Bloodbornestation exclusive and on that platform can't even perform evenly at 30fps.

Being a 13 man team means nothing when sony is literally funding the game and advertising it like any other triple A.
They are literally not indie, why are you saying they are?

Are you serious? You literally looked up pictures and wiki pages of nebulas/galaxies and THEN complain about them being "toys"?

Should have specified space exploration games then dumdum, you just said you long after space or whatever.
Then again, "space exploration" as a genre you want is stupid. Nothing is purely "exploration", because it would be fucking boring Even NMS has gameplay elements. Actually both "sprinkle salt toys" are more about discovery than NMS.
Nigga just play noctis or earlier elite, or even freespace, really.

I'm actually surprised at how little effort obviously went into the game, yet it sold as much as it did.

Just proof that most gamers are suckers and hype is literally the only thing necessary to sell a product

Fully expect no mans sky copycats where they spend more on the hype train than development.

Its had good marketing along with
18 GORRILIAN PLANETS
Because who needs effort when you have an algorithm that can make the game for you

This is already the norm in game development. Get your head out of your ass.

I've read in one of the threads that even the music is "procedurally" generated.

That would explain how amazing forgettable it is

65 days of no games

True. I don't want to poke stars with a magic wand, or land on the moon, I want to feel like I'm in a real galaxy that's too vast to ever be fully conquered.

Why though. Like i could "get" getting lost in a fuckhuge galaxy full of activities, but ultimately every game, you should be able to play all of it's content or atleast "simulate" it, especially if it's a full priced title. I don't mind hardly unlockable stuff like "play through the hardest difficulty with starter weapon to unlock x thing", but straight up not being able to experience absolutely everything there is to about a game feels kind of like a ripoff, not in the sense that "if it's 10 dollars for 100 square miles and i only go 50, then i'd only pay 5 dollars, but in the sense that if i buy a game then i should be able to get everything out of that game.

So you're saying more actual content than you can ever explore or appreciate in ONE GAME would be a bad thing? Having something that be a much fuller experience then you paid for is a negative?

Really though, imagine you had a game that was so big and fully featured you could find something totally unique in it. Even if it was just one solid weapon with a totally unique trait, or a planet that is nothing like any other. That would be pretty neat. But if every planet in this basically has the same materials, then why explore at all?

Indie means independent. As in no publisher. As in no Sony publishing your game for you and funding your shit. NMS isn't indie, and wasn't at the time you saw trailers of it at events.

I don't think so. An infinite (or nearly) map could be a part of the gameplay experience. It's not there for you to explore it all, it's there so you can explore anywhere you want.

When I look at photos of galaxies and zoom into some small star cluster, I imagine going there and finding shit. Put waypoints onto where ever you find something interesting, and zoom out in the map to reveal an overwhelmingly massive galaxy full of different places to go to. That whole thought is very "dreamy" to me, especially when I imagine it as 3 dimensional space full of stars and Nebulae.

NMS in comparison is just plain dots floating in a box shaped void, and they all contain the same shit, it doesn't feel exciting or interesting at all.

No, i'm not saying limit the game, i am saying that each person should have the chance to experience what can be in the game, and if they pass up or leave it for later, then that's their own choice. But really, can it be called more content if somebody will experience something you don't and vice versa? They get different content, but you still miss out on each others content, so you are basically at the same spot, and while you could potentially discover something truly unique, so will everybody else. When everyone is special no one is, and as far as exchange of goods is concerned everybody will have what they want in theory anyway. Plus fixed goals gives you the ability to set bars higher for players going in a specific direction, instead of general achievements to reward all the different play styles but at the same time not making them something that takes real effort to do. And again i'm not saying make every planet a mush of everything, but let players experience it within a reasonable playtime. DoN't shrink the galaxy down, but make it so that players have a very high chance to discover different biomes or planets and such, then tune it off completely to generation. Besides, you can truly find something unique already in random loot based games already, and trade it away or keep it, and let's be honest here they don't really get that much attention.

I get the want to leave your mark and discover something that only you ever did, but then again, without a community to back that up, it's pretty much useless. "Wow somebody was here/is here " is all it will ever be, nothing more, and i am not meaning only NMS with this.

i have a valid question. why is the universe in this game just one giant nebula? every iota of (what should be) empty space is filled with some kind of colorful gas or dust.
they're like those faggots who don't know how to properly use silence in the sound design of a game or movie, so they have to stuff every second with a piece of music or dialogue or noise.
seriously, what the fuck is the limiting factor? everything is a sky box anyway so what the fuck is the problem here?

Pretty sure there are systems with no nebula or anything but they're definitely in the minority.

A E S T H E T I C S

Read between the lines and you get a scenario where some guy who is probably a massive leftist libcuck gets bullied by his employer into liking something.

Actually, saying it like that makes me pretty ok with the situation now tbh

The sheer amount of OC generated by this shitheap is amazing.

This little guy is still my favorite, I can almost hear it…
Guys! Guys! What are you doing guys? Can I come too? Awww guys, that's not nice, next time then, right? Guys? You'll let me know right? Guys?

That moon is obviously in a perfect geostationary orbit, you imbecile.
Yes, OP, tell me more lies.

Since you couldn't be bothered to learn the lore yourself, I'll explain it to you so you can understand it. I'll use small words.

The lore of the game is that the game is a game. Too complicated for you? I'll make it even simpler: the characters in the game are aware that their universe is a simulation within a video game. They know that they're just fictional characters of an overly simple and nonsensical universe. The entire Nada/Polo quest line is about trying to find a way to "fight back" against the game's programming, while the Atlas path is about "playing the game".
The player character is an anomaly and not a member of any of the three species that exist in the universe - Nada and Polo know this, and know that you are the "Player".
In addition, the Pirates aren't members of any species. They're just arbitrary "enemy units" that are spawned out of nothingness to "create tension and excitement" as quoted again by Nada and Polo.

I hope I pre-chewed that enough for you to digest.

you didn't have to be a dick about it. the reason i never looked into this game beyond the surface-level shit floating around the internet is because it looks like shit not worth me sinking any of my time into.
so yeah, that's basically it. i'm sorry for not knowing the lore of a game i don't give a shit about.

I was just being a dick for my own amusement, user, it wasn't personal.
Basically, the story of the game is something that could be considered clever or interesting if the game were of significantly higher quality and depth. The game's shallow as hell, though, so it comes across more as a lazy cop-out instead.

that's understandable, i spend a lot of time being a dick too, just for the fun of it.

so what you're saying with the lore explanation is that the game is self aware in how it doesn't give a shit, and everything is a nebula just because it looks "cool", in the same sense that wile e. coyote looks at the 4th wall before being impossibly crushed into a pancake by an anvil?

In a nutshell, yes.