Rebuilding Holla Forums to its former glory

Those of us who were around during the ~2009 Holla Forums back on halfchan will remember when our board was less shit than it was today.

Slowly, very slowly, I'm seeing it being rebuilt to what it was. Holla Forums IS getting better, it will be what it was before. However, we need to work together as brothers, fursecutors and Holla Forumsirigins once again. Let's revive that anger which permeated through each and every faggotass shitposter whenever fucking Hamburger Helper was working on Ass Erect or when the "nerd girl" phenomenon really took off.
We need to stop this "rational arguing" with the SJW types. They aren't effected by this. They will come here, post here and continue to shill for Tumblr and Reddit. We must be trolls, assholes, bullies and the like.
We HAVE to be huge dicks, just like old times.

So, like old times let's start forming a plan to take over small communities and servers, pissing on their admins and mods.
Let's fight fire with napalm, attacking the SJW niggers where it hurts the most and retake video games.

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/1n9a1l
mediafire.com/download/ci653l1c9l6183k/Platform_Hell.rar
mediafire.com/download/5te7bru0bk44flh/54102367.htm
mediafire.com/download/0azmhx7tpbx06mh/54126729.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's that?

implying everyone here isn't angry and/or smug all the time

I'm assuming you're underage and you sure as shit need to leave.

reported for inciting raids

Go the fuck back to Tumblr, faggotnigger.

This is h8chan, we're more extreme than 4chan.

I'm just not a furry, faggot

you sure are retarded

If it means to piss off faggots than I'm all for it.
If you have a VoIP server you want me to join I'll be sure to audibly shitpost in it.

No lol

I don't think this is possible. No incarnation of Holla Forums will ever be how it was after the first two migrations back in the fall.

I suppose you're not aware how many amongst us are traitors.

Removing all the Steam and console users would be like unbaking a cake. The only thing to do is to make private communities and stick to specific threads.

Is this one of those quality threads from back in the day? Let's hope not.

Much though I miss exodus-era Holla Forums I will say it wasn't all brilliant. One area of definite improvement that springs to mind is the complete removal of console/platform wars threads which used to be a real problem.

A sieg heil a day keeps the normalfags away.
I know, I know, but "normalfags" doesn't fit.

n o r m i e s
forgot wordfilter, bah

It seems like Exodus-era Holla Forums was the most chill. People were talking about games, there was less bouts of autism going on, there were a few successful gatherings on some vidya with Holla Forums-goers.

Which exodus fucked us up? The second 4chan exodus or the reddit one?

The reddit one easily. Once you invite faggots in they feel entitled to keep acting as they always have done instead of lurking and learning how to behave. The second halfchan exodus did cause the rise in Holla Forums-posting and the subsequent derailing of threads but that can be solved with effective moderation (i.e. not nazimod-tier shit). You can't fix someone who is inherently the wrong type of person to be posting on an imageboard.

What, was hating on furfags from before your time?

I've had this image saved for about eight and half years now. Time sure does fly.

I've honestly wondered, would it even be possible for someone to build a new chan style imageboard that could cultivate it's own userbase (the way halfchan initially did, barring the early anons that were SA exiles back in 2004 or so) without at least some percentage being from tumblr, reddit, or other undesirable places?

I will say that a mixture of being harsher on the banter when someone clearly doesn't belong, combined with a return of the "lurk moar" attitude could probably do a lot to get some fraction of the old feeling back.

I've actually seen some people claim "lurk moar" to just be a joke, apparently because why would anyone delay their gratification to observe how things are done, when they could just start shitposting the moment they arrive here from wherever they blew in from?

Well, I'd certainly believe that Wheelzebub openly encouraging reddit to to come here didn't help quality.

The problem with anonymity is we don't know who we are, so who's to say who among us is the enemy?
Sure you can go on a witch hunt and burn everyone who seems like they don't belong, but that's only going to end one way and you won't like the results.

Yeah, now that I think about it, this place is getting better. We have a pretty strong sense of community, and we've endured a number of trials.

Just out of curiosity: When did you come here, and why?

I don't think there's a way to rebuild Holla Forums user, we can raid all we want, we can flame every thread, nothing will really stick. Hell this thread will probably be deleted/bumplocked in a few minutes.

You sound like a fucking child, I could not see a grown man fucking typing this.
Reeks of
We wuz legion!!!111

I should clarify, I'm asking that to anyone reading, even lurkers. When did you come here? What brought you here? How long have you been around?

Mods, this is a Gaiafaggot. I know because she's just like one of the fucking newfags back in the day. Please purge.

And that's why we need to annex their homes and blame FunnyJunk.

I came here during the first exodus, at the fall of 4/v/. I left because 4chan became Tumblr and all boards now reek of /a/.

You're a faggot normalfag and you really, really need to fucking leave.

I would place your age around 16 however for especially sheltered kids you could be around 20, however I can't see a man around 25 saying anything like the pure self-fellating post you had.

I came
in october 2014 when exodus happened, Holla Forums seemed like an upgrade from 4chan in every way

I came here from 4chan during the Five Guys fiasco, had some fun fucking around with both sides of the #GamerGate conflict for a few months or so, got bored and left for a few months, came back and the site wasn't working properly (a large reason why the site lost users).

Yeah, and that's exactly why you should go back to reddit.

A poal.me along these lines wouldn't be a bad call. Doubly so because lurkers won't post even to answer such a simple question. Personally I was first exodus (i.e. 6th, according to picrelated).

Elaborate

2014, during the GamerGate exodus. Only reason being that it was because it was the first I heard of Holla Forums then. Had I heard of this place earlier, I would've gone here in a heartbeat. The only thing I was using halfchan for was /d/, and even then I quit because of the endless futa threads.

I agree.

The boards population has been pretty stable, I know its not the 5000 unique users but those dropped off quickly because there was a large amount of reddit and tumblr in the beginning.

It stayed around 2000-3000 for a while

Are you retarded, Holla Forums was shit in 2009 as well, go back to cuckchan faggot.

Let me be clear: this is exactly how 4/v/ was: small, insignificant and sunk into irrelevance. It was rough as hell, but it built a great community. Hell, the best community the internet ever saw.

Pedofaggotry, incest and niggertier shitposting is everywhere.
"XD" and "kawaii" are commonplace.

This

I don't remember tbh fam, but it was whenever everything GG related starting getting banned so around near the end of 2014. I still remember gallant Hotwheels riding in on his white cripple chair to save us all from that hell hole. Funny enough I came here because GG and now I hate what GG has become

This has been going on since the fucking beginning you fucking Negro.

Where did my post touch you, you overly dramatic faggot? The part where I said I had fun messing with both sides of #GamerGate?

It's worth noting that 2000-3000 is likely less than it actually is:

What should the different options for the poal be?

Since 2014 I haven't paid much attention to 4gag, I just know when we're getting a new wave of migrants.

Stop being a nigger. Holla Forums was significantly better back then than it is now. Reddit wasn't constantly fucking up our boards and Tumblr was far too have any influence.

Yes, on /a/ you stupid fucking phoneposting flaming niggerlover

Probably because you saged and OP find how faggots view him here to be indicative of his self worth, you sage his thread you attack him.
Its why I think he is a fucking child.

you may have a very tiny point
i say tiny because refer to
faggots completely throwing it off topic for no real reason
meanwhile we have tons of shitposting threads and ect
still have a long way to go before the faggotry is gone.

I've rarely posted on /a/ other then to shit up their board, they have terrible taste in anime.
Stringing a bunch of insults that don't even flow just makes you sound anally asundered.

I'd say pre-First Exodus, First Exodus, Second Exodus, Reddit Invitee, post-Second Exodus 4chan refugee, read about in the news, no major event and then let people add more results. You might also want to stick it in a new thread for visibility and link it here also.

I left 4chan for /burgers/ in August 2014.

Can't remember when exactly I first came here (it's been, what, a year or two now? Last big memories I have from halfchan are the shekelshoah and Holla Forumsharbor), but I've been at the very least a lurker back on halfchan since 2006 or so at earliest, going through my saved screencaps folder.

I assume at least some of that is people trying to be ironic in their shitposting, but it bears remembering that saying that any group that gets its laughs pretending to be idiots (or people they hate, anyhow) will eventually be joined by said idiots thinking they're in good company. What I see an being more prevalent are people posting coonspeak all over the place.

This is probably older than you nig, your little plan will fail if you keep acting like a retard

There is some faggotry in this board alright, but you are just adding to it now. If you had your sight clear people might actually consider your points

ITS BECAUSE OTHER THEN THE GIANT TITS AND ASS THERE IS NO FUCKING GAMEPLAY, SHIT ANIMATIONS, WONKY PLATFORMING, TIGHT FUCKING HALLWAYS WHICH IS ONLY AN EXCUSE TO LOOK AT THE ASS
This convinces me the faggots here that are seriously posting are fucking young.

Frankly no, the internet's no longer something of a wild-west and if a new website gains traction it's typically because people on existing social networks are pointing others towards it. We're now in the stage of development that you can't get totally fresh users, just migrants from other places.

Shitposters =/= Redditors, if somebody's openly being a faggot rest assured they know exactly what they're doing. Some months ago when Hotwheels was pushing for "i want the reddit audience" Holla Forums had a slump of awkward, jilted posts as new users flooded in and acclimated, and it ironed itself out within a month resulting in Holla Forums but with more activity. People trying to push le ebin Reddit community-destroyer memes are morons or shitposters, and if one of 'em genuinely refuses to fit in then just report 'em when they break a rule.

underage confirmed

but I am a fresh user

You only try a weak rebuttal then give up and just repeat my points as if mentioning them is refuting them.
I'm whatever age you want me to be faggot.

Fucking reddit

poal.me/1n9a1l

But, can we SURVIVE?

It's a fucking DEMO for a game that's not even ready to be released yet you cum guzzling retard. Jesus christ this is literally the only game released in the past few years that even had a demo to accompany its greenlight proposal and autists like you still shit on it for no real reason.

Fuck yourself with the longest, sharpest piece of rebar you can find.

I saw the pony thread simulators back in 2011 and "thought that this website looks pretty fun"
I lurked for years before posting again after getting shit flung at me, if it makes it any better

Redditors filtering in slowly will indeed be forced to learn or fuck off. Inviting a fuckton of them in at once does not encourage lurking. And while Holla Forums might have been somewhat more active I found that the number of threads actually worth posting in dropped. Even now I see maybe a quarter as many threads that are even mildly interesting as the high point of late 2014.

Also, as picrelated neatly shows, just because they've adopted the language and consensus opinions does not mean they've actually assimilated. The Steam group is another example of this shit.

yeah OP 8/v/ sure is rebuilding itself, isnt it?

LOL

I think what OP is trying to do is make Holla Forums a better site rather than a more popular one.
What made halfchan good is because it ended up on fox news and shit because of the hilarious stunts they pulled. Maybe that's the next direction.

Is there a "You are a faggot for asking this question"
Because you should add it, no one who has been here brags about how long they've been here other then getting into an argument with someone else they view as a long time poster.

Its essentially dick waving except you have kiddies who will lie and say their dick is 12 inches long which is the equivalent of name dropping Snacks.

You can't of possibly been here for longer then a month if you think defending a game by saying
Will work?

I want to fuck Rapidash

You better wait for someone else to take the torch OP

ok

yeah and until the game is actually FINISHED and RELEASED, i can say the DEMO is neat.
Not really sure why i bother on this board anymore.

No Op is trying to make himself like "leet hacker on steroids anonymoose"
No one fucking should discuss how long they've been here it should show in your posts.

Fucking christ, fucking redditors are so out of your depth.

No, it's time for you to go back to reddit.

You too.

It would be nice to go back to that, but the only thing OP is managing with his autism is bringing people away from such an objective

Feel free to leave anytime queer.

Holla Forums is the hotbed of newfaggotry, its gone from political discussion to self-fellating and hugboxing.

Hahaha, no, we have to actually discuss V I D E O G A M E S

Hey OP, how does it feel to be the cancer? How does it feel knowing that 2009 was the turning point when 4chan became absolute shit yet you call it the glory days? How does it feel knowing you're the one that ruined everything?

Feel free to leave faggot.

Let me guess, if I actually browsed reddit I'd see you there

Fucking no.

It sure did didn't it.

You do realize this is an anonymous image board, right? What exactly will doing this change? When someone disagrees with someone else's opinion here they usually redirect them to cuckchan, reddit, leftypol, and tumblr rather than refute their point. When there's a thread posted about Undertale or Overwatch there will usually be at least several posts in those threads suggesting that the OP goes back to tumblr and reddit. But how does he know these anons are even SJWs? Are you asking us to ramp up the redirecting to ten to avoid argument or discussion? How many times have you been accused of being a redditor or a cuckchanner just for disagreeing with another user? What if he thought you were an SJW? How is acting like a bunch of bitter assholes to everyone else going to solve everything? Why don't you just worry about yourself instead of constantly being worried about whether or not we're being raided by freech? Do you think they don't want us acting like assholes to each other and dividing the user base? I'm not saying having a little banter isn't OK, but having a hugbox full of cynical pricks would make this place even worse. There isn't a way of telling who is an SJW here and who isn't. Fuck, you might be an SJW trying to D&C for all I know. Not everyone who disagrees with you is out to get you. Everything isn't black and white.

Honestly, I don't know what to do to get shills to fuck off. But the advice I can give is to relax. Don't let shills and SJWs piss you off because it pleases them just as much as pissing them off pleases us. Enjoy every minute you spend here and have fun.

That's what killed 4chan in the first place, what are you thinking?

Even for a sage, you're right. You're not new.

No, faggot. Reddit is for queers and furfags

You are Reddit. Leave.

I'm glad someone else sees this shit.
Its unbelievable, reddit and friends have no fucking idea why they are hated, and its because of shit like this.

You are contradicting yourself OP

Holy shit. I don't even care what you have to say after that.

Raids made Holla Forums what it was. Fucking with people was the height of everything pre-socjus

No it wasn't you fucking queer, you probably read about the raids at fucking ED.
Hope your happy giving your computer herpes.

Holla Forums raids are usually awful and boring, also they weren't on Holla Forums but Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

okay, you certainly are fucking new

What the fuck ever, faggot.

I was discussing Habbo.
Also you again could of found out about that shit second hand, your posts and personal army posts doesn't come off a mature.

Are you familiar with counter intelligence? It's when you infiltrate a group and make them turn on themselves, destroying it from the inside out.
Sorta sounds like what you're doing right now.

You keep thinking that OP
The people watching this thread will know what's what

Go in the GMOD thread then if you miss that, people fuck with servers run by kids all the time in there.

Everything about your posts reeks of undeserved self worth.

How about we try a different approach?

You know what 4chan's Holla Forums ended up like, how about we TRY to stay away from the decisions they made, PERHAPS, JEEZ, I DON'T KNOW, PERHAPS THOSE DECISIONS LED Holla Forums TO IT'S PREMATURE DEATH

I wasn't discussing Habbo and you really, truly should fuck off back to Reddit.

Also, take your three genders along with you.

And your's is full, completely saturated with fucking second wave immigration. Go back home.

But user, 4 Holla Forums is alive and well!

I always thought Holla Forumsdied because of 2011 cancer like me

No, I'm calling you out. If reddit really did want to battle Holla Forums, they would do a little more than just shitpost everywhere, wouldn't they?

No no no, those who don't understand history are never doomed to repeat it; what are you talking about?

If they would lurk, learn how chan style imageboards work, and how the community behaves, they'd probably be able to fit in better. But instead you get at least some that refuse to learn how things are done on boards like these, and treat it as if it was an extension of where they were previously from, and thus still stick out as not truly being a part of the whole, so to speak.

I'd honestly be curious as to what percent of anons here now came from other imageboards prior, what percent came here initially, and what percent came from reddit or tumblr.

I would argue that Hackers on Steroids, funny as that was, did NOT do halfchan any favors in quality due to it gaining further interest from the mainstream media and normalfags. Combine with places like Holla Forums being a bit too accepting and the additions of boards like /soc/ and /lgbt/, and the influx wound up becoming a real issue. Chanology didn't help much either. The point being don't take the internet into real life if you don't want undesirables getting curious, coming in and shitting things up (or at least shift the blame if someone needs a target to vent their anger towards you at; pic related being an user giving the person he was bantering at a target that wasn't a chan to vent anger towards).

I was there since 2006

You're right

I don't see why he would be lying

I started browsing around 2009 myself, and while I did see a downward decline as things went on, I knew in my heart that it wasn't anything in your OP there that Holla Forums was about. That was all post 2010 stuff, now that I think about it. Well, aside from hating on furries. Being jerks was always more Holla Forums's thing, Holla Forums was just mad about video games mostly. You want to know something that actually came out of 2009? Someone made a thread where they were going to make a game in a day, with input from Holla Forums. It's quite simplistic, but it was pretty fun. I've got it (and I think the archives of the threads without the images) on my old mediafire account from back when I was more of a faggot, if anyone actually wants to play a video game.

oy vey

Sage and report not video games threads.
Shit like 4AM, waifu and LOL threads should not be allowed. But since mods and owner are retard degenerates, we can only hide them every time they pop up.
Make the board NSFW, allow unspoilered porn as long as it is relevant.
Dedicated porn dump threads should not be allowed however.
Removing name field was a good idea, why it is back? Remove it.
Shit should be strict and punishing. Treat anything non-vidya as if it was CP.

Sounds pretty interesting, fork 'er over.

I'll be damned, you're right. Forced anonymous is off again.

Guess Mark didn't care too much for getting caught pulling shit without telling anyone.

The game (that's a meme I haven't heard in a long ass time)
mediafire.com/download/ci653l1c9l6183k/Platform_Hell.rar
The threads

Also I just realized it was from early 2010, not sure why I thought it was from 2009 aside from the fact that everything is blurring together for me.

Cool, thanks.

God fucking damn it I fucked up linking the second thread too.
mediafire.com/download/0azmhx7tpbx06mh/54126729.htm

At least I got the video game, which is what mostly mattered in the end.

Also, a piece of advice for dealing with shitposters. Try to talk them into talking about video games. Even if it's not the thread's topic video game, at least get them to talk about some video games. Preferably good ones.

During the GG stuff. However, I honestly never went to halfchan that much.

If you want to make Holla Forums better just talk about video games instead of making shitty meta threads, retard.

Technically I came when burgers was being spammed on Holla Forums, then started to come more and more frequently and now this is the only place I feel at home. To be honest I wasn't a fan of the community on half/v/ even before the exodus, too much of the wrong kind of faggots there, it had already turned to shit by the time my english was gud enough but I could not miss the festivities