Sad video game music

Post it.

Most of the time it's sad because of the situation behind it

Cant think of anything that's just tear inducing by itself, have this instead

I meant for music intended for sad scenes, not music that's inherently sad.

Alright then

ff5 is a no brainer if you need retro sad music

The "I miss you" towards the end does it for me.

After PSII's ending, and the events of PSIV, Phantasy Star has always stuck in my head as traditionally having bitter-sweet endings where the best outcome you can hope for is to survive and the chance to rebuild again. PSO, episode I at least, followed this tradition well - with the game ending with the death of Red Ring Rico (though you saved her soul) and Pioneer 2 orbiting the planet - unable to land, unable to return home, and the knowledge that the government in control of the ship is corrupt as fuck and the purpose of the Pioneer project was to skirt around anti-biological weapons development laws. Shit's fucked… but at least there is a tomorrow left to sort it out.

The ending theme fits pretty well, not just with PSO - but with the series as a whole. If they had just left PSO alone after Ep I & II - I'd have been happy.

Not so much "sad" as it is "empty".
It fills you with a feeling that everything's over, which is part of what makes it so powerful because it's the first track you're introduced to before things even begin, and it's also the track the game leaves you with after everything has ended.

Listening to this, I feel something in the pit of my stomach. Especially when most of the game is pop, some rock and hiphop.

Sad and eerie. The lyrics gives me goosebumps

This is amazing

forgot link

..lawrence…master willem… somebody, help me!… unshackle me, please anybody… i've had enough of this dream.. the night blocks all sight…somebody pleaaasee….

Get out of here Stalker

it makes me feel a deep sense of melancholy at least.

Say what you want about the game but the song is pretty good.

I remember starting the game for the first time and didnt want to play immediatly because the music was so beautiful

Forgot to comment

This song has a lot of meaning to me since I discovered it back when some really dark shit happened in my life, so I've always held onto it

Somebody, look at me

While Sissel's past was certainly sad, for some reason, hearing "Trauma" playing combined with Yomiel giving his history almost made me tear up. Doesn't make what he did forgivable, but one can understand why he'd turn out that way. Especially factoring in his fiancé suiciding after he died, and accidentally shooting his only friend right before the game opens.

Spoilers for Dark Souls 3. Only click if you've finished it

i liked ghost trick and the fact there's not more like it is proof god has left us but the fact that you are a cat at the end takes a bit from the game for me

I thought it was great. The reveal that Lynne's first shot killed you was glorious

It's out there, sure, but replay the game. There's foreshadowing to that reveal all throughout, right from the start. Even just from the wording of phrases like "My head feels a little fuzzy."

Bit of a nice mix of sadness, but also hope as well.