OH SHIT NIGGAS CROTEAM JUST ANNOUNCED A NEW VIDEOGAME

OH SHIT NIGGAS CROTEAM JUST ANNOUNCED A NEW VIDEOGAME

YES, TI'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR, FROM THESE DEVELOPERS

IT'S SCUM

dsogaming.com/news/scum-is-a-new-open-world-survival-game-by-gamepires-croteam-powered-by-unreal-engine-4/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DamirDurovic/status/733609454529347588/photo/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SS4 was a hoax wasn't it?

I have never played an open world game that wasn't boring as shit in between the locales where you're supposed to do stuff.

Goddammit.

I knew it

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Slavs made Stalker so maybe if they make it really easy to mod and add in a buncha of varied stuff themselves.

Not stoked on more of this open-world shit though, who the fuck has the time?

GUYS THERE'S NO REASON TO COMPLAIN, WE ARE GETTING A NEW SERIOUS SAM AFTER ALL!!!

they can't fucking be serious

No we aren't

First 3d GTAs had a good openworld, at least fighting against gangs or doing cop jobs and stuff.

I think he was being sarcastic there.

I hope

Its not that open world games are bad, or were bad, but for the most part they now just seem like deliberately big environments that take forever to drive around in and just want you to grind forever in just to waste your time.

DON'T BE SO NEGATIVE, THE GAME WILL BE GREAT BECAUSE TI WILL BE ON EARLY ACCESS SO THEY CAN IRON ALL BUGS BEFORE THE REAL RELEASE!!!

They make huge environments but put barely anything in them, put fast travel points everywhere, and tell you exactly where every collectable is. It's fucking retarded.

I wanted SS4 but I wonder if croteam will fuck this up or make something in that genre worth playing.

Even then I can't remember collectables doing anything in most recent open world games. In GTA3 if you collected enough secret packages more weapons would spawn outside your safe house which is a good reason to get them when you'll lose items after death, but now they do practically nothing but give you a stupid achievement/trophy to show how much time you wasted.

I doubt it since the genre is done to death, but then again, they did make the Talos Principle and that was great.

The Talos Principle was just a side project, they said
Serious Sam VR was just a side project, they said
SCUM is just a side project in collaboration with others, they say

I don't mean to say that Croteam should be making Serious Sam games for the rest of their lives, but after being cucked out of an announcement by SSVR at E3 and an open-world survival game at Gamescom my hopes are starting to dwindle
even for an open-world survival game the concept sounds cool, like a round-based Hunger Games game which may allow for SS13-like shenanigans

GAME

the culling..

At least they didn't turn Serious Sam into open world survival. Glad it's at the very least a new IP, so even if it's bad it doesn't bring down Serious Sam at all.

It won't happen.Road to Gehenna was the pinnacle. Can't really beat fun puzzles and a story about shitposting robots

Don't jinx it!!!

Is Talos Principle good to pirate or is there still some copy protection dickery like the red scorpion?

Yup

I'm not sure if someone's made a crack that goes around it, but if you go to the tower and go up it in a pirated version, the elevator will stop.

Direct sequel is impossible, but a spiritual successor could still be cool. Maybe.I am still hoping Croteam isn't about to go to shit forever.

I would imagine by now it can be pirated. I bought it because I liked Croteam and I got it on a super good sale.

Wasn't SS4 announced some time ago?

(checked)
Possibly, but I'm not sure if even Croteam could beat their product. I feel Talos might have been lightning in a bottle. Though the DLC might prove otherwise.I got the game as a gift, bought the DLC though.

I guess autumn sales or winter sales could be my chance to pick it up.

Yes. June 2013

Why are you complaining goyim? Isn't Serious Sam VR enough for you? :^)))))))))))))

GOD DAMN IT CROTEAM

The only positive I see out of this open world early access survival game is that I can finally see if UE4 actually is shit at open-world or not.
Some people say, "Look at Ark! UE4 is shit at big maps"
Others say "You can't look at Ark, it's programmed by shitty interns"

If Croteam can't make an open-world game work in UE4, no one can.

Before you guys loose your shit, it says

So I'm guessing Croteam will only play a small part in the development? They have the VR shit as another side project, so I'm hoping their main project is still SS4

Never heard of it. Also I'm not sure if it's wise to whore yourself out to multiple side projects, see Platinum Games

Man im not gay but sam is seriously handsome there.

It's going to be in early access, won't it

I'm sure it's just part of Croteam, not the main studio seriously working on a new Sam game.

True, with Platinum, their side projects tend to be shit (Transformers being the exception) and there main projects tend to be good (ScaleBound most likely being an exception).

Croteam aren't the biggest devs as well, so no idea how many people they can afford to put on this side project.

They had the VR SS.
And that was no joke.

They couldn't have been serious about it.
And yet they were.

So H1Z1 without zombies.

I wonder what crazy croatian magic they'll pull off

It will play at a silky smooth 16 fps like Ark.

What the fuck m8
This isn't right.

I sure open world survival games are a cancer at this point, but I haven't played any since original DayZ. If it's good I won't mind really. Realistically it will probably be mediocre with no raison d’etre though.

Best multiplayer experience I've had in ages

RAGE
how was RAGE anyways

They literally announced TP sequel some time ago.

twitter.com/DamirDurovic/status/733609454529347588/photo/1

unreal engine 4

might be good

THE INDUSTRY IS DEAD AND WHAT REMAINS IS A CORPSE

Oh shit. Hope its good.And that it has more puzzle mechanics.

Shootan was really fun
Car battles were fun as well, and I normally hate that.

Main game consisted of doing stupid random quests for money to upgrade equipment. Story was an unfinished mess that presented a ton of questions without any answers.

I don't think I've ever lost more interest in the span of three words.
All it needed for the full combo was zombies.

Serious Sam sucks

NICE KNOWING YOU CROTEAM

for fucks sake

I sure hope they include a crafting system!

This is the biggest sin by Croteam.

After all these years of work, why not use SE? It should handle massive levels with ease after all.

THIS ENGINE IS NOT SERIOUS ENOUGH

I have my doubts about this. Usually, open world games don't run with the concept. Lots of doors are left locked, buildings cannot be fully explored, and arbitrary boundaries prevent you from exploring the frontier beyond (particularly heinous when you're prevented from exploring another neighbourhood that's blocked off). Little attention is paid to detail and the environments are usually stale and bland.

And the Serious Sam license is being used here for nothing else but brand recognition and Croteam are too cowardly to come up with a new IP. There's no precedent to replace Sam with Troy Baker wearing his merchandise and put that imposter in an open-world game. It's all just so lousy.

I almost feel physically ill reading this.

This means resource gathering, crafting, day-night cycle probably and having to watch out for other players who will invariably dick you over. Isn't that Rust? That game looks utterly unappealing to me, but isn't it in a modern setting with those things?

Meaning there's a gimmick or two. If you eat lot of food you get fat. You're in a violent TV show, if you fulfill randomly generated objectives you get a reward.

Meaning it will be released unfinished and slowly updated if there are buyers. If not, it'll be abandoned.

Anyone involved in this can dive head first into a pool of dicks for all I care.

First konami, now this. Wtf is it with today?

Gamescom.

This shit doesn't end until you stop throwing shekels at the people who make these games.

If you buy it, we'll never get another Serious Sam.

Because Croteam has never done a multiplayer game like this and because they've probably put most of their resources into the further development of Serious Engine and Serious Sam 4, I'd imagine that they'd be working with another developer on this project. In that case, I would assume they chose Unreal Engine 4 because of its familiarity in the industry.

What if by survival they mean wave-based invasion till you die? I know that's not what they mean, but God, let me dream

Remember when the release of SS4 was set for 2014?

Not a Croteam game. It's by another Croatian studio. Croteam is helping with some aspects.

It is in cooperation, the croteam people are working on it.

UE4 is some shit for open world games.

Thats exactly what he said, ya nignog

But it is a croteam game, he is also wording it like they are not that involved even though the studio itself is directly working on the game.

We don't know how involved they are, but considering that they are working on 3 games already, this is in cooperation with another dev, and not using the serious engine, it is safe to assume they aren't contributing anywhere near as much to the project as the other dev. I would think what Croteam is mostly doing is helping with some asset creation using their scanning wizardry tech since not every dev has that shit set up, but that's just a guess.

Croteam tripled up their attempts at helping out Croatian indie dev scene in the last two years. While not obvious to those not in the know, Croteam is very probably exaggerating its involvement in this project without lying by being vague about what exactly are they doing (we're working with them on a new game versus not we're helping them scan stuff). This is so the new developer gets exposure nobody would have given them otherwise.

I hope you're right, user.

Anyway, the dev behind this only made Gas Guzzlers before, which is arcade racing game with weapons on cars. They made their own engine that ran well, but the game looked bland. Game itself was mediocre, but was indie price (unlike Nu Man's Sky). They still patch it.

My impression of the dev is that they're technically competent, but their work is derivative (although not in a parasitical sense "my sanfran clique will love this radical indie game with no new ideas because I can only into 2d4u meta plot and pixel art" ,but as in they're excited newbies without refined ideas).

They very probably want to make a big open world rpg, but that's insane for anyone who isn't Bethesda, thus they compromised for an open world survival game (early access probably because they have no money). That's my impression at the very least.

It is going to be early access, says so in the article.

Take it easy, mate, the worst is yet to come. This industry is only going downhill.

It's not like they're packed full of ideaguys
Maybe it will be good, r-right anons?

right now would be a time to invest more into hunting as a hobby.

ITS FUCKING LOSE, RETARD
FOR FUCKS SAKE LEARN HOW TO SPELL COMMON WORDS.

This makes no sense at all. Why would they spend all their resources making a top of the line engine, and then make a game they CAN'T make in the engine they just made, and pull in a third party engine. This makes no sense.

Well at least it's not procedurally generated open world.

Where the fuck are you from? Rage comics are not fit for consumption anymore.

I beg to differ

What.

What the fuck is the point where an action game becomes a survival game? How do you justify calling "survival" a genre?