squareportal.net/2016/08/17/nier-automata-announced-for-pc/
twitter.com/Square_Portal/status/765910089211514881
rpcs3.net/
store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIE_Japan_Studio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

haha dude cool

Dubs coming to this thread!

And here I thought something nice would have happened for once.

Do you think this is fake or are you simply a buttmad sonygger ? nichegamer.com/2016/08/17/nier-automata-get-pc-release-via-steam/

I'm glad I didn't buy a ps4 for this game.

Oh snap, it's actually happening.
squareportal.net/2016/08/17/nier-automata-announced-for-pc/
twitter.com/Square_Portal/status/765910089211514881

AHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, sorry. This is Holla Forums after all.
IT'S HAPPENING TIME

I did

How many PS4 goy- owners will bash their skulls open with it when Bloodborne gets inevitably ported?

Does this mean the OG one will get a port?I hope so. I'm curious enough to get into the series but don't want to get a console to do it

oh well, now discussion of the game will be impossible. I guess I'll just enjoy it in quiet, nobody wants to be around PC gamers.

Wew. But will mustards even know what's going on? They'll probably just cry that it's a more confusing and shitty MGR clone.

>OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Come on man, tell me you're baiting.

Well I bought it for bloodborne and yakuza too

I actually won a PS4 on a game jam and bought Bloodborne for it… was sort of excited to be getting a second game for it.

Oh well…

It's okay I followed the series without playing it.

One less exclusive for playstation 4

Pretty good, I wish they'd release D3 and the first nier too because I missed out on those.
drakengard 2 used to be one of the first games I owned for a PS2 alongside Destroy All Humans and at the time playing with Legna made me think it was one of the best games

How many exclusives are there now? One?

There are Let's Plays and comprehensive breakdowns of Nier out there. Also: emulation.

Besides, it's not like anyone actually has any idea of what's going on with the story of Automata, anyway. There are supposedly humans in the world of Automata who've fled the Earth, yet it's pretty well known that by the end of Nier you basically killed off the human race.

Probably depends on how well Automata fares.
It's easier to sell a game on hype and the romanticization of a benevolent minority than actually, you know, substance.

Now I just need to somehow fix my 360 and finish Nier

there's… Yakuza? i think

Meh. Its just Revengeance with animu shit.

mustards are incredibly delusional

There's still Ace Combat 7, I suppose

HAPPENING

And Knack 2

I think reading TheDarkId's playthrough is better than actually playing through Drakengard 2.

a game notorious for emulation because it is simply unplayable you delusional cuckster race

Now for Yakuza and Ni-Oh and we can finally bury the consoles.

Vid related.

fuck, crack 10 months after release

Yakuza 6/0, Shadow of the Beast remake, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Ace Combat, KoF XIV (for now anyways), Bloodborne, Disgaea 5, Gravity Rush, and then an assortment of animu titty games and RPGs. I think that's about it. Honestly, I'm not surprised that it's also coming out on PC. This is SE and we all know they're a little hurting for cash. I seriously doubt FF will bring in all the sales they hope it will.

It doesnt, why the fuck are there so many people trying to stir up shit in this thread?

bloodborne is the only good game on gaystation 4. after i finished it, this turd of a console collected dust. haven't touched it in half a year.

despairing consolefags desperate for the attention the industry itself keeps denying them everyday

it's just proof it's impossible to talk about multiplats when they are on PC.

I kinda want SEGA to stop being faggots and port Yakuza.

Not for a good few years now. A bogstandard i5 at stock clocks will do.

How are these people still around after the ps4 and xbone? There isnt even shit to consume, there is just nothing

you were poisoning the well by the fourth reply kid

One of those is a remake and one is a port. I should have said Gravity Rush 2, but you get the idea. Also Nioh. Exclusivity means jackshit these days anyways. PC games are being ported over to consoles at about the same rate. Just look up what's getting ported these coming months alone.

Holy shit moonman listened to us last time he came by!

How well done was the pc port of mgr? Since we can use that as a precedent for what to expect from platinum. I vaguely recall that the camera controls were some of the biggest complaints but can not verify that myself.

Let me guess, Windows only?

The camera was a general problem, not a PC version thing

Pretty good. Didn't see any major performance issues on an i7 2600k/gtx650 ti boost.
That being said, I don't really care about fine-tuning stuff.

I wonder when they'll finally give us a firm release date, Here's to hoping it'll happen during TGS.

In my experience the port was fine, nowhere near good hardware and it ran just fine. This was on a nvidia card

I'm gonna add a source to the OP since people will probably think its fake without one

Actually pretty good. I only played it with a controller so I can't comment on the KB+M controls, but performance was great. On lowest settings it runs on just about anything and on high settings it looks significantly better than the console versions, just how a PC port should be.

MGR was a really good PC port. I could run it on my toaster and didn't really see many glitches besides a couple.

Also we can mod it when 8-4 cucks it.

Eh there were plenty of sources posted just a few posts in the thread. If retards dont read the thread before posting they will get laughed at like the faggots they are anyway

exactly, this is the best news ever

true enough, but still this is so unreal. I'm smiling.

Oh shit, completely forgot it's those subhumans doing the "translation". Fuck.

Good to hear, so it seems hoping for a decent port is not unreasonable.

This is also a good question to answer. I do not want any win10 bullshit shoved down our throats.

Moonman does it again.

Based.

Now I just have to figure out how to play Nier.

Who worked on the port anyway? Platinum? Konami? Some third-party studio?

Fuck you're right.

At least he didn't buy a 3DS for Mega Man Legends 3
I did

Well, there's always GPU passthrough

We can play this game at 60fps mod it to be uncucked by 8-4 and high rez.

Ran well but had all kinds of weird shit with the resolution. Like the certain things like the cutting target-boxes and Stinger's lock-on area were defined by pixel-values, not by percentage of screen size, meaning the higher you went from the original console 720p, the smaller the targeting areas went.

But good port overall.

Well at least you have great exclusives.

Wew, the PS4 is literally becoming the bloodborne box. Just a matter of time till Death Stranding is 100% confirmed coming to steam.

How the fuck are Sony going to push the Neo when they keep losing exclusives to PC?

Most stuff works well in PoL, anyway.

Now I just need to buy PS3 to play first one.

At least I am not the only one.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Just the thought of setting all of that up makes me feel sick. Save me PlayOnLinux

We can ask if we can have Linux support if we push.

I had more fun with my Vita. The only thing that the 3DS has going for it is Soul Hackers and Kirby. I got the 3DS at launch and only got a Vita a year ago and already I got more games for my Vita than my 3DS.

What emulator?

The one in your heart

All those cartoons I watched as a kid were a lie! A GODDAMN LIE!

To be fair PS3 and 360 emulation is advancing nicely, and PS4 is said to be far more easier to emulate than either of those two.

It's very likely we'll see PS4 emulation before we get PS3 emulation stable enough.

why did the helghast attack them?

I'm glad I didnt buy a PS4 yet. Maybe theres hope for fan translations, too.

Though I'd just would be happy with even a port of Nier 1

What the hell are they doing to Scooby doo? Why are they turning it into some Coldsteel the edgyhog bullshit?

To think that I actually bought a PS4. Ridiculous, let me tell you!

Serious though, fantastic news. Hopefully the port is as solid as MGRs and Transformers was.

They didn't actually kill themselves, they remotely detonated the van.

Though that isn't the NEWest Scooby Doo. Pic related.

Fuck super secret way to play Nier on PC why the fuck are there space Nazis in scooby doo?

Fucking good, the sad twats still cannot deal with Bloodborne not being on pc and keep letting us know how NOT AT ALL BOTHERED they are. At least we can actually talk about this on release.

Even if I usually take the piss out of the petition race, good on you. The more people play games like Taro's the more will be made

I-It's not like you're going to pirate this user, right?

WHY

You're lying, that looks like a Goanimate reject. Show me some real jpgs of the new Scooby Doo.

Here you go

Scooby doo? more like Scooby WEW

They all have the loss face

That is fucking horrendous, Jesus.

Wait until you see what they did to Dexter and the Powerpuff Girls.

Plus we can do a fan patch.

I unfortunately already know about the Powerpuff Girls rape. What happened to Dexter?

Sony funded it though and they dont seem to be like MS since it was acknowledged as one of the only things worth getting the console for, and Demons Souls is still PS3 exclusive. At this point its like expecting Fatal Frame 5 or Wonderful 101 to be on PC, cool but it probably wont happen, I dont know why they dont know this.

Its not a shock if it is, most animated shows loom like that now.

For example watch anything on Netflix or Cartoon Network. They all look the exact same.

I didn't even know they ruined Dexter yet.

Nigger I got a job for the sole purpose of buying good videogames.

I know this might surprise you but most of the people in yoko taro threads are PC players who just watch/read LPs.

Oh boy, if Yakuza gets ported to PC, I'll be throwing out my PS4 altogether.

They're as shit as the average Johnny Test episode. I watched one and had to take a shower to was the rape away.

Man, Scooby Doo is pretty different from what I remembered.

Good. Welcome to society

It's like Cartoon Network is trying to save money by hiring STEM students to use Goanimate to make everything. And possibly to voice act and write the jokes too.
What happened to the animation industry?

Take a guess.

I'd honestly buy that. Here's the thing though, is it really all that bad in this instance? Even Nier (the arguably best Taro game from a gameplay perspective) is boring shit. Have you played Drakengard 3? I imported that shit and it's one of the most clear cut cases where I wanted my money back.

What about Ishin though? That's a NEVER EVER FOREVER deal! I completely share the sentiment though.

For once I'll stop prodding further cause all I feel is hurt.

Actually, what you're seeing is the CalArts disease.

2D animation in the US went to shit ever since Pixar made all that money and Disney went 3D. Even children's cartoons are 3D now.

YESYESYESYESYESYEEEEEES!

Don't feel bad Sonyfriends, you still have bloodborne and Uncharted 4. I'm sure the ps4 will get shit tons of games in the future like ps3 did.

Games like Metal Gear: Survive.

What?

Mystery inc. was actually pretty good.

Welcome to the future of gaming, friend.

Congratulations on your victory today, PCucks, but we still hold the Yakuza franchise as hostage. and that's what matters.

You'll love it.

Nevermind actually, it's multiplat.

>this one girl offering to buy me eng version of Gundam Breaker 3
I'm not so much sad/upset as I am guilty of taking advantage of the generosity given to me. I just have more options for either a console I didn't want and my PC
I'm sort of okay with this, I get to play on either or both and I haven't even spent a single fucking cent yet (despite how much I was offering to anyway)

It's certainly better than whatever the actual fuck TMNT:Mutants in Manhattan was

That's cute they're still trying to make scooby doo relevant (I thought they were piggybacking off WWE)

Holla Forums on suicide watch

no

I have no fucking idea what they're doing.

My sides

Why the fuck is there suddenly a worm hole?
HOW the actualy fuck is there suddenly a work hole?
and is it Huey's fault again?

Like I'd be okay with the basic premise if it wasnt for the fact that it only seems to be another zombie game.

Maybe it'll still be decent like Portable Ops? I want to believe…what if this was chapter 3 the whole time

One thing worries me. This is squeenix we're talking about, and they've taken too close a liking to Denuvo.

Hey, that's also true friendo. I personally played all 5 games. Shame 0, the 1 remake and 6 won't come to pc for now, but enjoy.

At least we have 1&2

Fuck me I just bought a PS4 months ago for this and Persona 5.
Well hopefully AC7 stays on PS4 to make this shitty purchase worthwhile.

RIP This guys Playstation

Matey, it'll be MGSV Co-op zombie slaughter addition. Probably free-to-play to boot, Konami is gonna milk that shit one way or another. If that sounds like your cup of tea, be my guest.

*edition

I'm a certified retard.

Runs fucking fine though.

Anyways great fucking news

Someone should retweet @PenemN about this. The deed must be done.

This looks so fucking shit.

I'm still getting one after Gravity Rush 2 comes out.

Give it another year and there will be even less.

bloodborne machine status: still just bloodborne machine

Does Chris Redfield play John Cena in this?

if this keeps up, it might not even be worth it to buy one when piracy starts going on it.

Tried. The twitter account is dead now. kek

This fuckin' guy.

Don't forget Hello Games leaving the entire SDK Library on the PC release of No Man's Sky for the emulation community to take apart. Might even get Emulation before Piracy.

now we just need them to release a game for the vita and the ps3

N-NEVER EVER?

Gundam Breaker 3 is the shit though.

I'm not even a fucking fan of MGS and I can already tell this shit isn't supposed to be a thing. Konami bankruptcy when?

Metal Gear Survive more like Stranger Walking Dead Things

Fucking good, toaster friendly even.

I heard the writing for this show wasn't that bad.

I'm just desperate for any new games at this point, fucking anything to give me hope that vidya in the AAA or extreme "indie" segments arent dead

Here you nigger
rpcs3.net/

They're profits have never been higher.
Them getting out of the expensive AAA video game industry and into gambling machines was the smartest business decision the company ever made.

So never ever then.

NEVER EVER IS FINALLY DEAD, YAKUZA WHEN?

That's assuming the games will even get brought over after 0.

that's what you think

Yakuza translations are funded by Sony

Hold on a second. Did something good came out of that hipstery?

At best, we'll get a spore clone but worse.

We'll see
It's not the first time a company left in console SDK assets in their game. Nothing special happened with Dead Island leaving Xbox 360's SDK in it's PC port.

Hi Mark.

I thought that was joke. Got a source or something

great job mark

wew, took care of it

I came into this thread expecting butthurt and mustard shitposting and instead i found a fucking clusterfuck of a mess of random posts shooting in all directions.
That's…better, maybe?

Don't when those SEGA ports finally arrive I bet my bottom dollar Yakuza will be in there

Anythings possible if Valkyria Chronicles can make it over, I just hope I don't get blue balled again and get something Sonic related.

Release date? Major blow to the PS4. This, Bloodborne, perhaps Last Guardian and Ni-Oh were the only games coming for it that seemed worthwhile. Now they have lost a major one.

One can only hope Ni-Oh makes the jump as well.

I wouldn't call this a major blow for the PS4, as Yoko Taro still isnt that well known

Instead Sony would care more about making movie games as their "killer apps"

Good thing there is that beta coming soon, I missed the alpha.

I didn't mean a major blow to Sony, more that people like "us" only really have Bloodborne right now and those games I talked about.

PC fags are so salty.

I play PC mainly and have a PS4 for those tasty exclusives. I am superior.

That makes more sense.

Overstatement. Nier 2 isn't marketed all that heavily and Ni-Oh is hard to predict. Bloodborne had and Te Last Guardian will have massive fucking marketing pull, not unlike No mans Sky just recently. Add to that the David Cage Power Hour, FFXV (which we all know will have a PC version down the line, Square Enix has to bank on those double dips) and various other art and movie shit and this port is barely a drop in the bucket.

And my point is moot. But you forgot Yakuza, so I'll call you a faggot.

I'd prefer it if they stuck to making fucking pachinko machines.
Are they just trying to shit on metal gear to spite kojima?

Yakuza 6 port when?

Linux doesn't even universally get ports for games developed in engines with explicit Linux support where it's practically a one-click build for the platform. You think nips are going to go out of their way to accommodate the 1% of freetards? I wonder how many nip devs are even aware of Linux, seems like all of them develop with WinXP as the target platform.

Once Zen releases and I can evaluate the options, I'm building a new system and setting up GPU passthrough. I'm tired of rebooting to Windows to play DX11+ primarily for EDF 4.1 and I'm tired of the fickle compatibility of WINE. WINE is great software, and it serves a noble purpose, but it doesn't work in every case. AA2 still doesn't render faces correctly.

If it weren't for Linux being a much, much better OS overall, I'd have given up and gone back to Windows 7 ages ago. It's too bad GPU passthrough is the best solution, because it does nothing to drive developer adoption of Linux or indicate at all that some users are dissatisfied with Windows.

Because most GNU/Linux user aren't gamers. They're comp-sci students and graduates, hackers, technology enthusiasts, anti-corporate hippies etc. I've even met GNUtards who dissent gamers for being the "biggest propagators of proprietary software" and therefore considered "pathetic" by them. To those people the very notion of paying for software like in the case of games (even in cases when the engine is free and open source) is completely unacceptable.

Sadly, that's why you generally don't see a big push for games from most the GNU/Linux community. Unless everything's GPL'd, it's considered Satan.

WOWOWOW Hold up niggers, Beaten both of those games on emulator no problem, even streamed those.

Stay delusional nigs.

Why shitpost when you've already won?
Why would a Squeenix/Platinum venture be PS4 only when they've pretty much embraced the PC?
Ive been saying this countless times and I fully expect Nioh, KoF XIV and Yakuza to make the move.

If EDF can make the move, then so can they.

I find this so despairingly pathetic I can't help but cringe.

Good for you PC fans. I have a 2008 toaster that will probably not even boot the game's menu screen so I'll probably just get the PS4 version in physical form.

For me, if more people can enjoy the game, the better. Hopefully this also helps Squeenix with extra sales on PC because FFXV's delay is not helping.

Let's all enjoy the 'happy' story that Taro is gonna bring us together.

I wish I hadn't see this.

While this is true, most Windows users aren't gamers either. However, Windows being preinstalled on 99.9% of desktop systems sold in the world has made it the defacto standard for people interested in playing games.

Nonetheless, I think Linux could be a viable alternative platform if only the video drivers weren't in such a sad state. The GPL or die crowd definitely has a share in responsibility for that situation. I think AMD is finally moving in a productive direction with an open-source kernel driver and an optional proprietary usermode component running on top of it, but progress in supporting more devices, stability, and features is absolutely glacial. Seems like both AMD and the community are waiting for each other to do the work.

And it still doesn't address the end-user experience getting drivers setup in the first place. Out of the box, most distros use open-source drivers which are generally awful for games. Changing to another driver takes at least a tiny bit of know-how, which automatically precludes it as an option for some percentage of users. It's a depressing situation all around.

I installed linux(mint) and after downloading the drivers the highest resolution was 1024*768. I tried adding a custom resolution but I broke my computer instead. never coming back to that in the future.

well at the very least you'll get p5.

I'll just replay P3 and think of a new story.

Well, realistically speaking, persona is a series that gots to have its special editions. It's never going to stay on one platform in the first place, so it's really not that ludicrous to expect some edition on PC in the current climate.

What vile heresy is this?

You are just plain retarded. Good job.

This is fucking great news

He would have called it the PSQuattro, not quadruple.

You sure you weren't stuck in software mode? That happened to me when I first installed Mint.

Hopefully a modder will be able to fix the part 8-4 fucks up or cuts out.

This is good news though.

Good things come to those who wait.

They still have ace combat to lord over everyone.
But for how long?

The amount of hype surrounding this game has led me to believe it will be a disappointment.

well, shit. now i dont have to buy a ps4 any more. i do, however, have to get a desktop that can play this.

Jesus christ what a time to be alive.

This is the best news I've heard all year

I get the feeling that won't last long

Please be Vanquish, Yakuza, and Bayonetta instead of more gay Sonic shit.

i think the persona games have sony's anime division doing the cutscenes so, its probably staying on sony consoles.

Isn't Vanquish more or less confirmed?

I remember hearing about a possible port.

this guy is soooooo cute

I don't think you know what they meant, an SDK is from the console manufacturer and it is a set of tools for making games on it. It should have come with a lot of technology that would be extremely helpful when making an emulator for the thing. It is not the source code for No Man's Buy which is what I think you interpreted this as.

YES
NOW I DON'T NEED A PS4

why is life so cruel

BEST NEWS THIS FUCKING YEAR

when

Q1 2017 apparently

Probably early 2017

Emulator? Hell, don't be surprised if we end up seeing 'unofficial' ports, a la DOOM 64 EX.

Well I think you'd need the source code for something like that.

That would mean it releases the same time as PS4. Extra excited now. We may not have to wait any longer than console players.

Nothing has come from the rumors yet, but I wouldn't be surprised, seeing as how Nier: Auto was just confirmed, Scalebound and TMNT are going to PC, and Revengeance, Korra, and Transformers are already on PC. Honestly I'd love to see them rerelease stuff like MadWorld, though, so I could play it in HD and without the waggle. The game was gimmicky but it was still a ton of fun. And I'd like to see the original Nier on PC as well, since I never got a chance to play it, but I realize that's not Platinum Games and would be a whole separate thing.

It must be done, rev up that meme magic

Am I the only one who hopes the JoJo fightan gets ported over to PC?

Likely never

Am I the only one who hopes the JoJo fightan on PS4 gets ported over to PC?

Looks like a good game, however it's being butchered by localization so I wouldn't buy it on any platform since that money would only contribute funding to the colossal censorship problem which is only getting worse.

For fug sakes, Hotwheels. Didn't want to post this twice.

Fug.

DOOM 64 EX was made through reverse engineering. It's a long shot, but there's a possibility for some PS4 games to get this treatment.

I'm one of those people who won't play a sequel until I've played the original game.
Are there any news that the first game is coming to PC?

Ace Combat is on PS4?

I mean, if we talk exclusives in general, Sony wins in everything, but I'd assume those who wanted to play the exclusives already have a PS2 and PS3. I got both consoles hacked and just yarhar everything.

Honestly. Consoles are fucking useless nowadays. They no longer have the convenience of a dedicated game machine where you can just put the disc in, press power and play without worrying about overheating parts, performance issues or incompatibilities. Playing on console now means guaranteed performance issues, low framerates, updates up the ass, and something always seems to fail at some point. That shit just didn't happen with my older consoles. My early GC had the disc read error problem… ONCE, and the fat PS2 had that as well, but after one trip to the shop to get it replaced, it's been working 110% to this day. GC is just pure Nintendium strong.

My PS3 already had issues loading some games after 6 months, updates breaking, console freezing, overheating parts. I had to re-solder the RSX because it came loose and was giving me a green screen and change the thermal paste on the CPU. Ended up getting the fan utility and no problem since, except for the console being Xbox-loud. Here's the thing though: If I wanted to put up with that shit, I'd just get a PC and have all the perks of a powerful machine. I've been a PC-fag most of my life anyway.

PS4 has fucking nothing that could make me want it.

Why God? Why?
Why did you have to let PCucks get one of the last great video games series out there?
Is nothing sacred anymore?

The tears of PS4fags

And yet, someone is.

Isn't it coming out in ps3 as well?

It is.

P4 kind of had a haram option.

yoko taro is my waifu

Frankly, Bayonetta became almost impossible because of Nintendo agreement on the second game, but, with Vanquish, we could have something else too…

store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
I'm not sure what you mean.

He felt your passion Holla Forums - especially the PC gamers.

Posted the wrong image.

Why do people still think Ace Combat will be PS exclusive?
Bandai has been either making their games multiplat or PC ports for most if not all their non licensed games, this shouldnt be any different.

DBZ, Naruto and One Piece are really fucking big in the West unlike JoJo, Gundam or even SOA which they eclipse.
Im actually surprised Koei is going to do a Berserk and AoT PC port.

MAybe in the future, but right now it seems very unlikely.

Holy fucking kek. This one of the games that I had as a reason to get a PS4. I'm still really worried about them letting 8-4 "localize" it though.

Nah, Berserk was a sure thing, the musou games have been ported for some time now (albeit not all that consistently), and Berserk being westaboo as fuck, even the most blind of suits would see merit in selling it to a primarily western market. I never had any doubt personally.

Hopefully it's Platinum doing the porting. If it's Square Enix, it's probably going to run like ass - FF13 Trilogy and Last Remnant being examples.

Oh wow that's gre-
fug. It's probably only going to be the English version of the game too. Then it comes down to 8-4 or buying a PS4.

How the fuck is buying a PS4 any better than using Steam?

Muh physical

I literally laughed out loud reading that.

what?

On rare occasion, they have the option of the JP or English text. Senran Kagura and EDF come to mind. The problem is that, with some releases, the JP text looks off, like it's trying to be fit into English text spacing, causing some parts of come characters to be cut off. It's probably because that's exactly what they're doing since there was no JP release on PC, so they're literally cramming the JP text into the shit that's been reformatted for English.

You could probably mod in Jap voices if that's the case and/or get a fan-translation

Blame pic related (and the game) for opening Steam and making it viable for Japanese games.

I first got into consoles in PS1 era since I wanted to catch up on games such as Mechwarrior 2, Driver, and Destruction Derby and at the time PC specs were increasing at an alarming rate yet they were still very expensive (so you don't even get the benefit of a top-of-the-line rig even if you spent 3 grand). I decided the lower resolution on TV was an acceptable tradeoff, and I appreciated how simple playing on a console was.

I knew that consoles – including handheld consoles – would have its days numbered once Sony stopped supporting the Vita; I originally got it for Gravity Rush and have been enjoying dungeon crawlers on it and Atelier, but just like the mobile phone has taken over all of casual gaming, PC/Steam will take over all of hardcore gaming. It's inevitable.

well, at least it was only 200 bucks. And I got Bloodborne, to boot. And I'd rather play Automata on PC anyway.

And I though that movie where shaggy was kicking the shit out of a biker gang was to much

That's what happens when people are fucking starved of games.

You deserve the smugposting.

Nintendo's agreement (and funding) would very easily prevent Bayo 2 from reaching any non-Nintendo platform, but I doubt Bayo 1 would be part of that agreement.

At least we still have Persona 5.

It's dead Jim.

Getting a used console to hack near/at/after the end of it's generation's lifespan is a pretty good deal usually.
However at this rate, this might not be a valid proposition considering all the PS4 has right now is Bloodborne.
No Man's Sky PC "port" apparently includes PS4 runtime API libraries. Make your own conclusion.

What are those?

Nah, Im good, my backlog is big enough as it is and I havent given SOny money since 7th Gen and wish to continue that streak unless I fell like giving Helldivers a try.

Emulator fuel

Thank Codemonkey

Didnt someone say that had nothing in them that could help emulation?

Professional programmer here.

It means literally nothing.

A library is a portable collection of code and data (usually mostly subroutines and datastructures) that is used when programming as a tool. Each library usually has one well-defined purpose and doesn't try to do anything else.
An API is the interface through which you use a programming library. The API is the definitions of all necessary datastructures, function definitions, protocols, and macros necessary to use a logical set of functionality (usually a library).

There's no such thing as an "API library". I'm guessing he means that No Man's Sky uses PS4-specific API calls, but those wouldn't be available on PC, and you couldn't just move those libraries legally or feasibly (most console-specific API endpoints are hardware features, not software). They could have just reimplemented the libraries themselves, but that would be more work than just using something else.

I would really need some evidence or anything at all to be able to tell what he's trying to say, but it's probably bullshit that he read on Holla Forums that somebody else made up.

Do you make vidya gaems for a living?

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

FUCK I COMPLETLY FORTGET THAT

well i also didint play the first one so i think i can wait until they crack the game

I wouldn't worry, they did a fantastic job last time. People seem to forget that sometimes an alteration can be for the game's own good, most people on here just wants NO change when localizing, regardless if it fits better or not.

Kek! At least something good came out of Nier.

8-4 didn't add Papa Nier. Squeenix and Taro conceived the concept of making Papa Nier on Gestalt (360) and Brother Nier on Replicant (PS3) for Japan.

But yeah, I gotta agree that 8-4 did a good job with Nier's localization. It's also one of the few games that have the distinction of being dubbed amazingly well.
I'm hoping that the very same staff that worked on Nier will take care of Automata's localization, and under the same direction.

They didn't do any alteration.
There were two versions of the game; the one they chose to localize was Nier Gestalt, rather than Nier Replicant.

At best, you could say they made the right decision in localizing Gestalt rather than Replicant.

The reason people are worried is because they haven't been doing fantastic jobs recently.

Because most alterations are for the worst, generally by a large margin.
You've seen the kind of people that make up localization teams, haven't you?
Do you really want them to be the ones making changes to your game?

Not sure if retarded.

I like how all of you are forgetting this gem
Just convenient for your sakes

Last Guardian might make it to PC, though right now it's another exclusive
Then you have the mystery game ROOT LETTER though that might get to PC too.

Then you have Akiba's Beat and Exist Archive for those who care for them.

But why bother counting exclusives anyway?
For one thing, the PS4 is the only console worth owning of the two (Xbone is dead)

And I'd be glad if more games got shared between PS4 and PC since I game PC also and I like cheating. Makes games more fun to be a billionaire lv9999 Maxer

That said, what PC games (that are not Visual Novels) are actually worth any time these days? LEET? Chivalry? Anything else?

Besides, you people who scream about how consoles are cancer ultimately run your entire library from Steam
You are utterly reliant on Steam, on Valve.

That's the real cancer. You don't even own your games.

Though this only applies to those who HAVE TO or even choose to use Steam instead of other methods

I was under the impression that 8-4 were the ones that came up with making a seperate game featuring Papa Nier. Honest mistake, sorry about that.

nigga NieR made me tear up several times due to that amazing voice acting, I hope we can expect the same this time, but life without even a memory of Papa Nier will be tough.

I originally thought of that too, but when reading about the versions I saw that the JP 360 Nier is actually Papa, so there's that.

I think 8-4 can still do good things if they're being watched. I mean, they worked on Wild Arms 5 too with XSeed and did a great job with it, keeping all the nuances pertaining to a certain character Carol intact.
WA5 also has a secret boss that can only be fought if your frontline is comprised of guys only (Dean, Greg, Chuck): The boss is a porn mag. Not kidding.

Your post tastes pretty salty, mate

What the fuck, why would you play something this disgusting you filthy degenerate.

Calm down user, I've already played D1 and D2 on PS2. I'm just saying I think that playthrough's actually better than playing through Drakengard 2 and spamming crouching white wolf or whatever that incredibly broken move was a billion times.

Would you like a recommendation for something specific?

Well, PS4 is slightly more alive then Xbone though, and that's just because Sony is not actively trying to kill it.

Yes, actually.

Don't desecrate Mel with your post

welp

guess we finally made it Holla Forums

we finally made it beyond thought

What recommendation do you want?

In general, since I've just picked it up, I'd recommend you play Max Payne because it's a wonderful game and then install the 20 mb kung fu mod and play it again and get your dick diamonds.

I think they meant the actual libraries, I think I remember someone posting a screenshot of a PS4 specific .dll in one of the NMS salt threads.

it's shit

As for good PC exclusive games you've got a ton of old school shooters + UT4/Xonotic, Mount and Blade, Dorf Fortress, SS13, Trouble in Terrorist Town, modded minetest, and I suppose there's custom games in Dota 2, you can pretty much pretend it's WC3 with better gwafix at this point.

I'm sure I forgot quite a few and I didn't even bother mentioning the kinds of singleplayer games you play through once or twice like Thief.

Anyways, why would Last Guardian be ported to PC? It's an actual 1st-party title by Sony. That's like saying Gravity Rush 2 (which looks to be an actual upcoming exclusive) is coming PC.

*has a PS3 port

or

*3 are being ported to Vita and 1 is being ported to the PS3

I just woke up, and I don't feel like deleting my previous post.

Thanks, user!
I heard DOTA was okay, but I guess I could give it a shot.

We were talking Playstation vs PC user
It doesn't matter if it's on Vita also since it's a Playstation exclusive.

It looks like the kind of game that would

Dota revolves solely on you being able to stomach the community. If you can do that I think you'll like it. Personally I really liked the game but not the people I was playing with every match so I gave it up.

The game itself is very divisive, I was just referring to silly custom games like pudge wars.

If you want to play the actual game you absolutely have to play with friends, no exceptions. If you don't, your teammates will either not speak your language, be completely mute, or flame you in English. Everyone is a tryhard "muh meta" faggot and there are very few exceptions to all of this. However, if you play with friends and spend a lot of time learning the game then it's actually pretty fun. Most people don't have the patience or the friends required for this which is why I usually don't recommend it.

ok drama queen. even though DRM has largely made physical media and the associated ideals of "ownership" obsolete. ok.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIE_Japan_Studio
user, how aware are you of Team Ico's history? At any rate, none of the games by SIE Japan Studio have ever been seen on PC outside emulators. This includes BloodBorne and Demon's Souls, which they only helped publish and produce. It's why I mentioned Gravity Rush 2, seeing as it's being made in the same studio as TLG, even if it's from a different team. If Sony were to suddenly port a title - no matter how desperate they are for returns - it would be a definite admission that the PS4 (perhaps even the PlayStation brand itself) isn't worth supporting to its fullest.

All other instances of former console exclusives coming to PC have been from 3rd parties - Capcom, SEGA, Compile Heart, Square Enix, Experience inc, NIS, etc. I'd sooner expect KoF14 to suddenly be ported to PC rather than TLG, especially seeing that KOF13 was ported.

The issue at hand is whether buying a PS4 is justifiable - and this translates directly into worthwhile exclusives. If you can buy another console (handheld or previous gen) just to play a certain game, then you lessen the need of having to buy the specific console being discussed. This translates in there being less sales for the PS4 version of the game, as people might rather buy it for their Vita or their PS3. Exclusivity is exactly why there are anons in this very board who've gone out to buy a PS4 specifically to play BloodBorne, even when those same anons will have already had access to DaS2 and DaS3.

unless im thinking the wrong game here, i really dont think so

suck their dicks some more why don't you.

You'd be wrong, because PS4 doesn't use the dll format for libraries. It's a Windows-specific library format. PS4 would use .so libraries, as it's BSD based (which would also not work at all in any way on a Windows platform).

No, just sometimes for fun. At work I make and maintain insurance billing systems.

Mark and the other mods are power hungry faggots who will suck dicks for favors.