Mount & Blade thread

NEW BANNERLORD FOOTAGE FOR GAMESCOM
MUH DIK

Other urls found in this thread:

presse.kochmedia.com/de/Mount-Blade-Warband-erscheint-am-16-September-fur-PlayStation-4-und-Xb
taleworlds.com/en/Games/NapoleonicWars/Multiplayer
kingdomcomerpg.com/
archive.is/6DRxx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When is it coming out?

When, you filthy fucking Turkish cockroaches, tell me? I want to play it now.

Also, did they ever expand on what sort of modding support we are likely to get? I know the claim they were going to release the source code was mistranslated (?), but I wonder if the modding capabilities will reach Bethesda levels.

Butterlord is lookin breddy gud.

They need to stop cockteasing and set a date already.

Good, this is the only reason I was even in the slightest interested in Gamescom.

Noice, they aren't dead yet.

That's a nice game you got there

It would be very unfortunate if a coop happened to it

I just wish you could control the troops from a perspective like the one from the beginning of the video pas the deployment phase.

Then it would really be Total War with third person gameplay.

oh my god i didn't see a single thing i disliked about that video. sure the AI is still KINDA wonky but it always has been, even in really good M&B mods, and the AI seems to be better.

I kinda do.

Can I not order my troops to go die like niggers trying to climb the ladders?

I'd much rather use the battering ram first and then, when the gate is breached, use the ladder and siege tower to flank the enemy.

Do you think they'll have a really long demo like with Warband? I remember playing that for at least two hours before giving in and finally buying the thing.
Also the music is pretty damn cool

I mean with what was shown, it seemed like you have more control over your troops, so I would GUESS yes.

Finally, a game to look forward to. Can't wait for the release.

Well given the formations from the attacking side i would wager something like this might be possible. Which would be real fuckin' neato

Also, I noticed that about zero troops actively used the murder hole above the gate.

Can they do so automatically? Can you order them to do it or do you have to select a formation and then position them there so they'll use it?

Pic related is taken from the dev blog itself.

get hype baby

Pretty sure I saw enemies using it in the siege offense video. It would be a complete waste if AI can't use it.

Yeah, the AI can use the catapults. They were even firing at you in this video.

I would like to see the siege weapon actually hit shit. Catapult misses huge group near the top of the ladder twice in a row.

Also, does killing the guys pushing ladders/siege rams actually slow it down? Saw him shoot a fellow during a ladder raising animation, just kept going up.

I was talking about the murder hole

Holla Forums would retake Constantinople if that happened. I don't know how but they would.

how barbaric

one thing i just noticed, there's no icon on top of each troop telling which lord he belongs to
is that disabled for the video or is it gonna be like that in the game
otherwise, it looks amazing
i hope they release some videos or tutorials on the modding

I've had that gif for a while, thanks.

I did see it hit the wall though. I don't think they are precision weapons though.

Good question. We saw him kill troops trying to lift the ladders, but not what effect him killing the ramming troops did.

Also, why the fuck is the ram room exposed? Did it sustain damage or is it always like that?

Might have been the dude at the other end of the ladder.

Damage notices seem to be disabled as well, though we know they are there, they were in previous videos.

Disabled, haven't you noticed there isn't a load of text going FAGGOT KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS BY YOU or damage numbers?

What I have noticed though is that I couldn't find the shield health icon anywhere. There was a small round icon when the shield was out but I didn't see it chance in any way when the shield was being wailed on.

do the shields get destroyed here?
or probably they just made the character invincible in this video, rather than having him randomly healed like in the last siege video

Everyone on the defending side seems to have had an upgrade. Most of them were one hitting enemy troops, and very few losses were suffered by the player.

Well the wall hit was obvious. Does it break of other parts of the wall similarly? If so, awesome. If not, well, hopefully the siege equipment will be showcased more clearly.

As for the ladders, I would bet that if both men lifting died it would keep going. But if it actually falls over that would be pretty neat

Thank you for reminding me that the devs are Turk-roaches.

Almost thought about buying it.

oh crap i just noticed it's not a gif
it's a jpg and it moves

TAKE YOUR FOUL MAGICKS AND BEGONE DARK ONE

user, i'm bulgarian so i hate turks by default
i still plan on buying butterlord though, that and doners/kebabs are the only good things turks have ever made

Give me a call when you're in financial trouble, game developers. I got big plans for this franchise.

You can only break siege equipment and merlons, while breaches in the wall can only be made during the overland map phase, not in battle.

Kind of a bummer that.

I want the ability to push the ladder away from the walls once they are set up.

They better polish this thing

But why when you could just pirate it?

Also kebab is shit-tier food, lowest of the low.

considering that they're publishing it independently rather than via Paradox, i doubt that they're in any financial trouble

I could swear shields on you back blocked arrows in Warband

they severely lowered damage, but you still took 1-2 damage

i disagree, it's decent enough and it's really cheap
because it's literally one of maybe 2-3 game companies that i don't utterly despise
if i don't support them, then who?

Alright, not crazy then. Pretty safe guess then that the guy in the video was set-up to onehit people, although I can't say it for sure

Fuck. Hope it could run on my mid-range computer

This is the first time I've been excited about a video game in two years.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

i know for sure it wont run on my toaster of a laptop, but it's already having issues with the usb ports and runs slowly, so by the time butterlord comes out, i'll definitely have gotten a new PC

I'd like to at some point have a mod where you can sell yourself out as an assassin or a spy or something and you get to do shit like infiltrate a hostile city and sabotage it from the inside or kill an officer while he's sleeping and whatnot. I know the base game won't have it because they would have probably said something about it if it had it.

Wish more game sequels would remember to keep what made the original/core game good.

But yeah, I was happy to see some old animations still in along with the new stuff

Go away filthy tatar

fuck you mehmet
i bet you're still salty about shipka

AI still looks dumb as a rock

YES

sauce on the bullying?

Give us back Pirinska, you bleached cigan.

I think they did it in the siege attack trailer.

Maybe they didn't want it to hit the PC?

So is there any word if ButterLord will be better optimized than Warband?

So, what kind of mods is everyone hoping for?

Personally

How are there so many Bulgarians on 8/v/?

I imagine there are plenty of nationalities on Holla Forums that don't bother letting themselves known.
And I hope it stays that way and no one enables country flags. I don't think Holla Forums needs WOW I WON'T LISTEN TO YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE FROM THIS COUNTRY shitposting

I also wouldn't mind fantasy.

Crusaders and Jihadists playing Children's Card Games? What kind of Medieval world do you want to live in?

I want to believe.

Quest chains even. It all depends on how robust the scripting language is and what it allows the modder to do.

The fact you can make your own cutscenes with in game assets gives me hope.

Mongol Simulator 2016.

Barbarian hordes crashing into Europe would be pretty nice too.

It's basically like Witcher 3, where CDPR built another game around the main one.

These sorts of blemishes are really comforting. Unless there's some much subtler manipulation of the footage going on, it really does seem like they're just showing us exactly what they've got at this stage. I know what I'm saying has little to do with the game itself (unless you infer from it that they're sincerely confident in what they've made), but with the state of video games today, it's really refreshing.

I mean, compare this sort of footage to any pre-release 'gameplay' footage from any upcoming triple-A title from the last several years. This isn't some Watch_Dogs shit composed frame-by-frame in order to give you the best false impression of the game they can manage and to squeeze as much money out of preorders and day-one purchases as possible. It is, by all appearances, warts and all (and critically, it still looks like a fantastic game that I want to play as soon as possible).

Holy shit I never realised till now that MB doesn't have any cutscenes. I guess this could birth result in cinematic mods, like some modder will try and tell a story. But I would absolutely love the Wild West mod to come back in Bannerlord. One that won't crash all the time, and has a realistic map that isn't empty.

The Wars of The Roses.

And it must have shitty handgonnes.

There's a marriage cutscene.

Like Warwolf?
If I remember correctly.

Oh yeah. Wait, you could marry in Warband?

Yeah, but only in Warband. You could even learn poems and participate in courtly love and shit as a male. You could also marry as a female character, although only certain Lord personalities would consider marrying a "wild and untamed" woman.

That reminds me- does anyone know if it's possible to marry the pre-existing leaders of the factions in Warband? I'm looking to hitch my female character to King Harlaus (only for political reasons, of course), but I always get the same "I hope you'll understand that, as King, I have different plans for my daughters" message when I ask what it would take to forge a lasting alliance with his house (which I think is the right conversation option for the question of marriage even if you're a female character, right?). I'm assuming I just need to get my Right to Rule higher (since even if you put a claimant who's really fond of you on the throne and ask her to marry your male character, she'll say that she can't risk it without damaging her claim to the throne).

I was too busy slaughtering and imprisoning my enemies.

>multiple way to defend and attack castles hopefully upgrade those rocks to boiling oil

They can have my money and my penis

I dont know how it works for female characters but usually its:

Try winning a tournament and say you did it in his name. Ofcourse this means you're going to have to beat him up in tournament lel.

Oh that reminds me, I need to make a tournament character. What would I need to invest points in?

You typically dont need a whole lot of points to win consistently. Just throw a ton of points into ironflesh, powerstrike and some athletics in case where you don't get a horse or start out with a bow and need a melee weapon if you get swarmed.

Just about every combat skill possible, if you're willing to travel all over the land fighting in tournaments. Wouldn't want to get a bow and arrow if you're shit with that, no?

Difficult to say, since there's no way of knowing what weapon/s you'll be given in a given round until it starts. If you're planning on doing almost nothing but tournaments (which will get tiring pretty quickly, since you'll be travelling back and forth across the map quite a bit, and there won't always be a tournament on), then I suppose the best thing you can do is try to be competent with everything, and practice hitting enemies over and over without letting them get close enough to hit you back.

I suppose Weaponmaster (and probably Ironflesh, Power Strike, Power Draw, Power Throw, etc) are all good ideas. If I remember correctly, aside from raising how far you can invest points into your proficiencies through the character screen, Weaponmaster will also help you raise your proficiencies faster through combat (as although you can raise your proficiencies all the way to the max through combat, the rate of increase slows down the closer you get to your Weaponmaster-determined 'limit').

Incidentally, fighting in the arena is a good way to raise your proficiencies, especially in the early game. Plus, it's easy to knock out somebody who has a weapon whose proficiency you want to get higher in, pick it up, and then keep on fighting. Just remember to zig-zag if you're trying to close the distance between you and an archer (and try to time your side-stepping to when you think he's firing his arrows).

Bear in mind that if you get a bow or crossbow in tournaments (and the arena, actually), you'll usually get a shitty dagger or something to go with it, so you can try to use that in melee, if you're desperately bad with your given ranged weapon.

And if you're just plain shit at horse archery, either avoid Khergit tournaments, or don't risk betting on yourself if you do compete.

Can you sleep with other lord's wife in Warband? Never tried it.

Is there a mod for it?

Daggers are usually useless. You can't block with them, you can barely reach the enemies with them and they don't do much damage.

That's why it should only be considered an option if you're desperately bad with a ranged weapon.

Although I'm pretty sure you can indeed block with them. It's just that most of the larger weapons will break through your block effortlessly.

Pretty sure you can't, I tried many, many times in vain. You can break through blocks? I mean I know you can kick someone but I didn't know that you could outright break through it.

I was thinking of lance and sword character. I would need points in travel too, getting to the tournaments in time.

Well I just want to make someone that's just for tournaments, all my free days would be spent resting in taverns.

I don't know, user. I guess I could make a character that shits exclusively in castles and gives really good felatios to bandits.

I need to load up Floris for this. If there's one thing that mod gets right is the tournaments.

Alright, I'll go make the character and post results here.

Never mind. It's only certain weapons that can crush through blocks- my bad.

I was sure I remembered blocking some blows in desperate tournament melee with a dagger, but it was probably just some guy with another dagger, then.

I just rewatched that trailer and noticed how big the map was. Shit that was only the first line of defense they were at!

You probably just chambered him on accident.

Dear god what a huge case of muh dick, and this is open source too. Help me, I'm going to blow my load.

Need some help, big guy?

Need a hang user? :^)

Asypthixationfag pls

You discovered my fetish.

Well this is what I'm going with. I skipped to level 6 because I don't want to farm for the build for hours. Now I just have to wait for a tournament.

My friend is into breath play. It's bretty good.

Is it breath play using her buttcheeks?

presse.kochmedia.com/de/Mount-Blade-Warband-erscheint-am-16-September-fur-PlayStation-4-und-Xb

1 6 S E P T E M B E R

by the way this is for warband not bannerlord

god damnit user

You faggot console peasant! How dare you get me excited me like that

and Warhammer mod that is not totally cucked, it only lacks ogre armies and vamps. It even has some less known heroes like Thudd and magic weapons.

i really feels like a sequel, different from most games nowadays which just reskin the previous game

Why? So they can fuck that shit up too?
Why not just keep it or give it to someone that knows what they're doing like Putin ?

Exclaves are a sin.

give it to the Hungarians

It should be independent.

i want a zulu mod where i can beat/serve shaka zulu/the british
i'd have tried to make one in warband myself, but i don't have that much free time

i liked the flags
they pretty much worked like IDs
also we got to laugh at pajeets and mehmets

Sure, but that is how warfare worked. You try to find a weak point. If on place people start getting in, a lot more follow like cockroaches. If the attacker focused everyone on the gate then it considering everyone is one place it will be very easy to wipe them all with a concentrate attack there. Having soldiers die is normal.

Constantinople was east to west drug trafficking hub within an months

CONSTANTINOPLE BELONGS TO BULGARIA
we nearly took it like 3 times, but each time our ruler just happens to die/have to retreat right before we go through their walls
i can assure you we'd have done a better job with it than the greeks

There's an MP only one.

and what good is MP to me?

It's not like I don't want to use ladders, I just want to let everyone bunch up at the gate, nice and tight, before using the ladders and siege towers to take the walls and attack them from the back.

user, why are you so mad all the time? Can't we just all get along and troll the Serbs together?

no, greece is worse somehow

when?

At least they don't chimp out every 50 years and ruin it for everyone.

i still prefer serbs to greeks
the slav-er the better

Why not make it a city state?

apart from the new graphics, it looks very similar to warband. Yawn. They've been peddling the same game since 2007. 10 years of this shit.

did we watch the same video?

where's the penis?

You ever hear of the bottle neck tactic? That's basically what you're doing whenever you funnel your men into one small point, or a choke point.

The defenders will always have the advantage unless you have something extra tucked up your sleeve. That's why trying to keep the defence occupied in other areas (in this situation) is always a good idea, especially if you have more men (which you should anyway because the defenders usually have the advantage by default).

If Holla Forums keeps it as an "independent" nation that would mean that Mark would be the defacto ruler of the place as the current BO of Holla Forums, would you really want a jew in charge of Constantinople ?

To be fair they didn't showcase the ability to breach walls to create another (or more?) openings.

you know what i would love? a multiplayer mode where each player has his own band of fighters

so you got a player that has cavelry
and two have archers
and 4 have infantry
and each guy has 5-15 AI to command

that shit would be so fucking good

napoleonic wars had line battles like that

Still no decent fluid RTS troop control switch like in Kingdom Under Fire?

This and the shitty tank controls/combat are the biggest annoyances with M&B.

what fucking game are you playing

The player character controls like a tank. His arms/upper body attacks, but his feet always stand still. Hence, the upper body being like a tank turret.

but you can strafe
tanks don't strafe

but those werent AI it was other players

/k/arrier /k/ommand total conversion

uh there was a mode like what you're describing
a player controlled a small group of soldiers, usually in a line
taleworlds.com/en/Games/NapoleonicWars/Multiplayer

I'm hoping those catapults won't just be there for show :^) that, and I saw some stones hit part of the keep and damaging the wall.. Seen the same in another gameplay trailer..

damn i never knew about that how did i miss it

They already said you can't while in-battle. It's to prevent people from just sitting just outside archer range and bombarding the castle with infinite rocks. You can do it on the overworld though.

Merlons (the "teeth" at the top of the walls), ballistics, catapults and troops can all be damaged and destroyed with your artillery.

Breaching walls on the other hand is done from the overworld map and can't be achieved during a battle.

That's an interesting abundance of information, user.. Care to share more or sauce?

Watch the first siege video you dumb nigger, or go read the dev blog.

Have they showed anything of the non-combat simulation aspects? The trading, economics, and prosperity system? The social/political simulation?

Trade could pretty much be lifted off of warband with few changes and work fine, but the political interactions really needed an overhaul to be fair and believable. Really hope they don't neglect the simulation aspects and just focus on siege and combat.

WHEN IT RELEASES?

They has something about bandits/crime.

Board games and crafting, as well as the settlement menu, but without going into any greater detail about it.

A few things I do know is that crafting weapons will require you to go around the land and "collect" the pieces (unclear if you're going to have to gather all the parts and have them on hand or just have their "blueprints"), plus each weapon you design can be made one or two handed, which is neat for anyone that wants to play as Guts.

Another interesting tidbit about settlements is that there seem to be limited slots, both in the settlement and the surrounding area. Also, you have stables that can breed a specific type of horse, so far they've shown "normal" stables and steppe stables if you want a lighter, more agile horse.

As you can get into fights within the settlement, and when you eliminate the criminals it gives a boon to the economy, or you can go into enemy settlement and take over the criminals and use them to both fill your pocket and sabotage their economy.

Also, they did mention that the beginning of the game will be somewhat linear, with a quest line meant to give players a certain sense of direction, and I remember seeing, in of the early videos, a proper RPG styled dialogue menu with various responses, that does seem to provoke different reactions.

You know what would be great? If they implemented a religion system like the one in Viking Conquest.

HYPE
Really though it better be fucking good.

there was a pretty simple religion system in the clash of kings mod
each regions had their own religions, with priests in most city castles
and you could donate to the priests to improve your relationship with any city that serves that religion, or insult the priest to do the opposite

look ma, no helmet

In Warband multiplayer if the server has AI players you can make them follow you and then they use your banner instead of the generic one.

Wonder if just bombardment will be an option.

I really hope there are poems to read

I wonder if are arrows are going to be significantly more deadly than in M&B, the different armour types will have more significant differences or that the player just had a character with stats in the heavens?

Likely the last

I'm thinking the character just had stats in the heavens.

I'm thinking they just played on like 10% difficulty instead of showing how plebs they are and having godmode on.

its same thing as first one im really worried that they cant fix this one since its most blatant flaw of the game

If you notice the player was basically one hitting everyone. The fact the stats are hidden is pretty much proof they tweaked them for the video.

giving anything to that piece of shit faggotry cucked migrants feets kissing south american commie "Pope"

WHAT FOUL SORCERY HAS KEK WROUGHT UPON THIS EARTH?

I hope Paradox would just collectively jump in the grand canyon

re/v/ive byzantium

You guys know you can make a moving picture on jpg too right? The only reason it's made on gif is the file size
Look at it, 4mb and it looks like shit, it'd look just as bad on a 300 kb GIF

You guys know this, right? You're jsut memeing right?

What's a meme?

It's not open source. Frank (Captainlust, the community manager) even said "Yeah, I didn't mean open source like people are talking about".

They are just newfags, mate.

is there any game similar to Mount & Blade that isn't Mount & Blade?

Do you have the post compilation about the russian ship that went from St Petersburg to Vladivostok to fight the Japanese. That repair ship was golden.

Layout of the wall seems pretty much exactly the same as the one in the siege attack video. I hope there's more variation in the final game.

No.

Do you think Holla Forums wouldn't be talking about it there were?

Not to sound like a fanboy, but what kind of variation do you expect?

Gates are, more often than not, going to be in the center of a wall, and turrets will be evenly spaced.

I imagine more variety will be had if there are maps that allow you to attack a fortification from different sides, and even if there aren't I assume mods will implement them soon enough.

No offence but the second you go "mods will add this or that" then you're fanboying.

We've already been shown that the map making tool is pretty robust.

Everything else depends on how scripting AI behavior and positioning elements will work.

What I really want to know if all the siege maps are linear, one wall affairs or if you can attack a fortification from multiple sides.

I don't think the 'Mods will fix it' mentality is always fanboying. there are some legitimate places for it.

Can it be played in first person?

What are the system requirements for 60 fps high quality 1080p?

Considering how much they're talking up their culture shit I'd atleast assume the elements of the wall would look different. Maybe different sized gates, rock hole different shape and size, battlements being narrower/wider, not always having double gates in the same layout etc. I'm sure some castles and keeps had smaller side gates and shit.

I can see this siege shit getting real fucking tiring if you've done it a couple of times and it always looks and plays the same. I doubt the AI will bring much variation so it would need to come from the map. I guess it's one of the sacrifices you'll have to make to please the historical accuracy fags which is a shame.

yes I've seen a video of it.
possibly a potato with 2 wires. 3 wires for 4K

But you are forgetting we could stage a Revolution and put him to the guillotine.

But we already have examples of a stone and wooden wall, and in that first video where they talked about siege improvements you had those fuckhuge walls.

Also, the map where they attack is open, with the fortress in the middle, while the one where they are defending is set between two hills.

I'm hoping there will be more elaborate fortifications with two or three tiers of walls, though I doubt we'll say anything as complex as that considering I doubt they won't let you roll the battering ram that far.

Did you watch the video at all?

?

.jpgs don't move

BURN IT
BURN IT WITH FIRE
WHAT FOUL BLACK MAGIC IS THIS
KEK PRESERVE US

try and save it fam, its a gif

It's convention coverage so they have cheats enabled.
roaches need to git gud.

you don't use your lower body at all when striking, which is fucking retarded and looks plain dumb.

When people say 'tank controls' they think you're talking about RE style controls.
Just say that the player doesn't use his lower body.

Oh well

The only thing missing is multiplayer campaign.

Nah, sounds like shit, they should just keep focusing on the single player content like warband and vanilla.

wow kid

since some folks on Holla Forums like M&B, what is your opinion about Kingdom Come : Deliverence ?

site link ( kingdomcomerpg.com/

They're sharing technology with, and working alongside, the shekelcitizen team.
It's vaporware that will never release until proven otherwise.

The guys working on it seem pretty based, but I'll wait for it to come out before anything.

- the shekelcitizen team

Hahahaha, good one user

archive.is/6DRxx
I'm sorry, but the touch of death is real.

It looks good, but the armor models are lacking. The texturing on them is well done, but the models are shit. They look like they were reused from the original. Some of the helmets were good though. The hair also seemed kind of shoddy.

Hair looks weird because it doesn't move at all, needs some physics on it, but I would guess that would cause too much clipping

I'm willing to accept rigid hair if it means having hundreds of lads in the fight.

and you'll end up like Blue and the other hotpocket when they tried to take Holla Forums from him about 2 years ago or so

I just hope they add functionality from the Freelancer mod into the base game, mainly the ability too enlist in a lords army, really makes the early game fun.

keep forgetting the damn flag

Cancerous thundercunts. I hope you will get dissapointed.

go fuck yourself

He has a point to be honest. Wouldn't want to have another Phantom Pain on our hands. Until you play the actual game or a demo have some doubts.

They are going for the steady "the same but more" sequel route, so I'm confident they aren't likely to fuck it up, but I'm still going to wait and see how it turns out before getting too excited. I'm especially interested about the mod tools.

Is there a problem, user?

My typical plan for a game I have any kind of optimism for is to give it at least 24 to 72 hours after release to see if they fucked it up or not.
Hasn't failed me yet.