Hide n' Seek Evil 7

"I NEED TO HIDE!!!"

…. I'm beginning to think those rumors about combat in RE7 may have just been that…

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/FHvUT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eh, the demo already had an axe you could swing, so I think combat is in.
Healing items are also confirmed in:
archive.is/FHvUT

I know this doesn't necessarily mean combat, but at least it looks like they didn't forget this is Resident Evil.

Not really impressed by the trailer though.

Does it have to be cinematic?

They also released this picture, but it might just be a prop you find as a nod to the older games. Still, at this point Outlast 2 looks to do what RE7 is trying to do better.

No way, that would just be too retarded. I know I know, it's Capcom, but I'll still expect this game to have combat until it's absolutely confirmed not to have it.

I only care about RE2make. RE7 can be whatever the fuck, so long as RE2make is RE2make I don't give a fuck.

ATTENTION ALL YOU FAGGOTS
WHO WERE IN THOSE RE7
DEMO GENERAL THREADS
YOU ARE PLEBS

If you are excited for this, you're retarded. It's a total stinker.

Its all going to be about muslims all along check the writer.

lel what are they gonna call this game in Japan now?

It will probably be in over the shoulder 3rd person, you know they'll ruin it.

So they did a complete 180 and went from Just Cause to Amnesia dark descent.

I doubt it will be a full walking simulator

At some point you will get a gun and the game becomes an FPS

Capcom is retarded but not that much

This game will be standard *GENERIC HORROR GAME* if they take away a player's ability to fight..

What happened to games like Condemned and Silent Hill (1,2 etc) where you could actually defend yourself – and it still being scary?

It made sense in amnesia, but this niche it's started is getting really tired and boring. Kinda screaming of lazy development too by erasing an entire gameplay mechanic from the game to 'FIT IN' with the aesthetic.

If you're backed up against a corner where do you run? If it's a choice between fighting and dying, why should players be robbed of the choice for the former?

Didn't they say that it was just like PT, a teaser for the game that will not be like that at all ?

Looks pretty dumb. There's still no showing of the combat, which must mean if it even exists it's not important at all.

Turning RE into an Amnesia clone to please le retro gamrs is akin to pandering to SJWs. You lose viewership to gain the respect of a tiny minority.

I've always said that elitists are eventually enrolled into socjus, they're just the same whiners.

I'm under the impression that the game will feature combat.

Hell, maybe it's in third person, too. These could be short segments in first person that end up happening when you find tapes or something.

I'll admit that that's highly unlikely, but I can still hold onto hope. The presence of VR in the PS4 version probably means that said hope is 100% misguided though.

Maybe at least this one'll be moderately spooky.

RE Outbreak collection for PC and REmake 2 and I can ignore this jewtuber/twat streamer bait.

Bullshit. The people begging them to make the next RE7 more horror oriented didn't want a first person haunted house jumpscare fest. They're not appealing to anyone in the retro nostalgia circlejerk category with this.

oh yes

especially for outbreak, I imagine they would get a lot more demographic nowadays as netplay is more common and popular, not to mention since there arent official servers any more
aslong as they fixed the loading speed when switching rooms and lag though

You reap what you sow .Enjoy your immersive horror experience, faggot.

At this point I'll try to enjoy it as long as it isnt RE6 again. But they had tried sort of with horror with the Revelations subseries up until the endings as usual, and its frustrating that the only way they thought they could return to horror was by making a P.T clone.

What do you think you do when you run out of ammo?

What were you expecting to happen in a game where enemies are not stuck between loading doors?

Capcom should look at their own Haunting Ground if they want to do a game where hiding is a mechanic.

I just want to point out that this is now the second "tape" that has been showcased since first revealed (the first being in the demo of the camera crew for the show). Seems as if all the tape segments are non combat simply because you're playing as different characters.

All I want to see is gameplay of the main character to see if there's actual combat. That tease of the shotgun does nothing for me until I see it in action.

it's fucking retarded of them then, to make it seem like walking simulator

Personally I think this trailer was more to showcase different locations as well as being atmospheric'n'spooky, though I wouldn't say I was spooked. There's nothing really scary about a very slow moving woman holding a lantern.

However, if we're going by the idea that tapes are always in the perspective of someone else besides the main character, then I assume that that whole mansion looking place is entirely playable as the main character, and it's certainly possible that we'll actually see other monsters/ghosts/whatever as well. I'm hedging my bets that these video tapes act more like interactive story cutscenes than anything else, as well as the ability to get some secret gear from them (like getting the axe from the house in the demo via the lockpick in the tape).

That's all entirely speculation right now, so we'll have to wait and see.

well, Capcom confirmed that the demo pretty much has absolutely nothing to do with the finished product in terms of story, so I wouldn't count on being able to explore the house as the real game's MC. But the idea of being able to effect different events in game through these past video logs, and using that to solve puzzles sounds like a neat idea. I just hope that those are going to be the only first-person parts of the game and that the rest plays like a real RE, but the chances of that being the case seem pretty slim right now

I fucking hate games like Amnesia and Alien Isolation.
You should be able to kill whatever threat appears on the screen, hiding is for fucking faggots.

Why not? You play as this Ethan during the majority of the game, finding tapes that you then play as a hapless victim that needs to run and hide, and affecting the environment through your actions much like in the demo, and having Ethan stumble upon them later on.

Seems like a good compromise between survival horror with combat and the modern hide and seek bullshit.

then maybe horror isn't the right genre for you user. Perhaps pic related is more your speed

I just want someone to make copies of RE4 much like they are now making Souls copies.

That's not much to ask, is it?

Horror is the exact genre for me.
Ripping and tearing monsters in Silent hill 2 and 3 makes my cock pretty hard.

I agree. But all the hints seem to point at this being a nu-horror experience

Yeah, chances are still slim since there is no confirmation on ANYTHING really. Speaking of the demo, wasn't there some sort of talk of something happening to the demo during Gamescom? Or was it TGS? Either way, it's something about the demo opening up more to get the real ending to it?

I would be more than okay with this, especially if we have the option to play the tape multiple times to be able to explore and find things that we missed on the first viewing.

Well, they did specifically say that there will be combat. It would be weird to lie about something as blatant as that.

If they go through with it it's likely going to be required to play multiple playthroughs (or load a save) to see all that can be done in the hide and seek sections.

I hope so. Saw one video where a guy was able to glitch it so that he could open the back door without the guy spawning behind him, only to find out that the outside is nothing but a low-res backdrop blocked off by an invisible wall. Seems like if there's anything else to the demo it would have to be indoors

Look at where the elitism of cuckchan brought them

Did anything ever come from that teaser?

Last I checked, no. No one's been able to figure out what to do with the finger and the axe yet. Some image did pop up from Capcom with a calendar and a finger on it which hinted at what appeared to be TGS. Hopefully something will happen on that date with the demo.

I've seen some people theorize that they're going to release another demo which'll act almost like an expansion to the first, and that this trailer is the teaser for that. Tbh I'm kinda tired theorizing and I just wish they'd be straight forward with how the game itself'll be

I honestly don't mind not being able to kill my enemy, so long as I'm able to put up a fight. Some people have the fight response when it comes to horror, and that's me… so when I'm sitting there having to hide from some monster in front of me while I'm right next to a pile of brick that I could use to knock it out… but I can't because the game says I should hide, nothing is more immersion breaking. This is what old survival horror did right. It often accommodated both play styles but would limit your weapons and ammo to create tension.

Nobody wanted that. Nobody at all.

This is more like it tbh.

That already happened, remember Dead Space and Evil Within?

Dead Space was so-so, and Evil Within seems to have missed the entire point of what made RE4 great.

Personally I just want Resident Evil 3.5.