Dawn of War 3 - illiterate devs

So where were you when DoW got so old devs do not comprehend basic physics within the universe.
Where were you when devs couldn't be arsed to read a proper book and brush away colossal mistakes with:

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.linkedin.com/in/philippeboulle
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Original interview video.
I can webm it to as low as 9 mb. If some user can make a webm smaller than that please do.

It's like one of those stories where you wish for something and it ends up being horrible

Monkey's Paw user.

does that mean that Spacehulk: Deathwing will be the only worthwhile game to be hyped on?

I knew DoW 3 would be shit because in every interview they can't shut up about how "MOBA inspired" everything is.

Depends if their legs are okay.

You know for whiteknighting the game those faggots are getting more free coverage on for more views right? Snja or whatever his name is getting hands on with it at gamescom its a backroom deal. I wish I had enough to get the ftc to nail them. I hope deathwing is good and that sterumon gets to make spacemarine 2 which you know is in the pipeline since the twitter and website (which is new btw) is still up.

Shouldn't they have some guy from GW over who tells them how to do things? I mean, fuck, there was a time when GW took their IP very seriously but it seems that time is over.

You have no one to blame but yourself.

They're just throwing shit and seeing what sticks because they know they're not going to last another five years as it stands.

Hey, first thing they said was that it would have bases, massive battles and be more like DoW1, they didn't show all the retarded shit before the gameplay trailer.

I'd have to somewhat agree with you. Look at his linkedin:
ca.linkedin.com/in/philippeboulle

● Developed all campaign story elements and wrote final campaign scripts
● Led design of campaign logic, meta-game systems and narrative devices
● Hired and oversaw freelance writers for multiplayer speech
● Participated in casting and voice recordings
● Oversaw Junior Designers working on campaign and missions

● Designed narrative devices and tools; implemented lua-driven system for speech triggering
● Collaborated on story development with creative director and other stakeholders
● Co-wrote campaign and gameplay speech with other Narrative Designer
● Oversaw casting and voice recording
● Championed and oversaw narrative vision across project team

This guy in particular comes around the time of dow2.

The only think I'm looking forward on this francise aside for Matt Ward's inevitable demise is the fan made movie.

Don't ask for things you don't want

Not likely, GW is too busy being fanboys over themselves and hating the eldar to actually care for the outside world.

unless divine cybermancy was a fluke… b-but it couldn't have been, right?

I think DoW 2 was OK

Being "hyped" for anything is completely retard.

And I do want to play Deathwing.

I just want a decent new 40K game for fucks sake.

I would have been fine if DoW 2 was just a CoH clone, but instead they had to fuck it up

Game quality doesnt matter, all that matters is how progressive it is. Did they add a disabled muslim transgender yet?

Even if it was still relevant it wouldn't work. The problem with making an ASSFAGGOTS is that part of the genre that you can't change is the ridiculous learning curve because in order to play properly you should have a good understanding of all the characters/items/areas of map. This is fine if you're Dota or LoL because you were the two that originally made it popular, but people don't want to throw away all their knowlege just for some MOBA that might be shit anyways so they stick with whichever one they learned first. And if the devs make them hate the game enough like DotA not having matchmaking or penalties for abandons since it was a WC3 mod since Dota 2 noone leaves it for LoL anymore or Riot demonstrating how impressively incompetent they are at anything ever, the player will just switch to the other most popular one because they'll be guaranteed a long lasting community and learning resources. Dota/LoLclones were and are just as doomed as WoWclones if not more. You can make money off of cloning something easy to jump into like CoD or Uncharted but that doesn't work on these games with huge investments.

GW will do it eventually the month before they go bust

I don't get this meme
We already have the Sisters of Battle

I remember a long time ago that they wanted to make DoW3 Armageddon scaled to go along with 2's micro-scale and 1's "normal" but this just looks like a slightly bigger normal.
At least there's TTS so I can play tabletop without paying any money but that's been going to shit since 6th Edition from what I've been hearing.

God I hate GW.

I'm really starting to wander if Blizzard has spies planted in GW so they fuck up every chance they get on purpose to artificially prop up Warcraft and Starcraft.

You really don't get it. People who want female marine don't want them because they want female representation, they want female marines because they know it would piss off the shitlord nerds. Sisters don't have that effect because they're already a part of the lore.

I remember when they said they won't add Tyranids to DoW1 because the battle scale is too small and they're saving them for DoW2 where the engine will handle bigger battles.

Remember that time you had trouble comparing a space elf to a fucking giant towering Space Marine?

Like said, it's all about ideological bullshit.

In the lore it's nearly impossible for a woman to become a Spess Marine And even if one did, she'd be considered such a genetic anomaly it'd be hard to call them a woman and she'd get whisked away by the Inquisition.

The current program takes the hardest badasses found in the Imperium and trains them to be even harder badasses. Once they're almost at the absolute height of human physical condition a human can reach they get a whole bunch of Augments and genetic manipulations that finally turn them into a Marine. And even after all the training of the biggest badasses around the success rate is still pretty low and they just die.

So they don't even bother with trying with women who WILL fail. But that's realistic which Feminist hate and DEMAND there be female space marines despite that being more or less impossible because "Muh Representation" And because they're casual who only know surface level shit they don't know the IG grabs whoever can hold a las rifle regardless if they have a dick or not. And probably don't even know Sisters are a thing at all. Or the Inquisition who hire both. Honestly the Marines are the only place in the Imperium where there aren't girls in positions. And that's just the Imperium, no mention of Xeno's scum or Heretics or fucking Slaaneshi who should be their own personal god.

Arch (the guy who did the interview in OP) has a video about it, would recommend you watch that I basically just retold what he said.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by carelessness"

Ask /tg/ and they'll gladly talk about how GW is so pant's on head retarded that it's a surprise they're still going at all.